1.分类： ?专有名词：名字(人名、地名、书名、机构名)、与国家有关的(国家、国民、语言)、日期（节日、星期、 月份） 例句：My name is Lucy. I am a Chinese. I will go to the Great Wall on Monday. ?普通名词: 包括可数名词和不可数名
词 （身兼二职的词，如 glass, paper, exercise, experience, people，danger 等） 【注意】 (1)family, class 等词作为一个整体时视为单数，强调其内部成员时视为复数（根据句子或文章的意思判断）； (2)部分有生命的集体名词本身就是复数的概念： 如，police 指警察、警官的总称，本身表示复数，谓语动词用复数。 2.名词单复数形式： ?规则变化：名词的复数构成，通常是在单数形式后面加-s 或-es 一般情况在词尾直接加 s , 例 students。 以 s、x、sh、ch 结尾的词加-es，例 bus-buses box-boxes。 以―辅音字母+y‖结尾的词，把 y 变成 i 再加 es 例 city-cities；以―元音字母+y‖结尾的词，直接加 s。 以 o 结尾的除 potato(马铃薯)、tomato(西红柿)、hero(英雄)加 es，其余直接加 s。 以 f 或 fe 结尾的词，多数变 f 或 fe 为 v 加 es, roof、proof 直接加-s， 例 life-lives；wife-wives；roof –roofs。 (2)不规则变化 1、单词拼写发生变化
如，man-men woman-women； policeman-policemen； child-children 2、某国人变复数，口诀： 中日不变英美变，其余 s 加后面 例： an Englishman-Englishmen； an American-Americans （3）单复数形式相同
（4）不可数名词一般只用单数，它不能与 a/an 及数次搭配使用。表示数量时用量词搭配。 例：a cup of coffee(一杯咖啡) two glasses of milk(两杯牛奶) three pieces of paper(三张纸) four bottles of water(四杯水) （5）有些外来词的不规则复数形式： e.g: analysis-analyses ； basis-bases ； thesis-theses ； crisis-crises ； criterion-criteria ； phenomenon-phenomena； medium-media 3.名词所有格： ?含义：名词与名词的所属关系（含有―的‖字的意思） 如，学校的学生，中国的运动员 ?形式：一种是’s 所有格，一种是 of 所有格 Beijing is China’s capital.= Beijing is the capital of China. This is Tom’s idea = This is the idea of Tom. 1）’s 所有格 (多用于某人的什么东西) -在名词词尾加’s 如 Lucy’s pen；Children’ s Day（儿童节）； -最后一个字母为 s 的名词，只加 ’ 如 the students’ books； Lucas’ present 几个人共有的东西，只需在最后一个人的名词后加’s, 如 Lucy and Lily’s bedroom(露西和莉莉一起住的卧室)。 表示各自所有，则每个名词都加’s, 如 Lucy’s and Lily’s bedrooms(露西的卧室和莉莉的卧室)。 2）of 所有格 (多用于某物的什么东西) 如，the map of China the door of the room -双重所有格： He is a friend of my brother’s. Is she a daughter of yours?
练习： The whole class ___ greatly moved at his words. A. is B. had C. were D. was The glasses ______mine. That pair of glasses _____ my brother’s. A. are; is B. are; are C. is; are D. is; is 3. Many a student ______ something about Abraham Lincoln. A. have known B. knows C. is known D. are known4. Half of the visitors _____ from Europe. Half of the fr uit _____ bad. A. is; are B. is; is C. are; is D. are; are 5. Each of the footballers ___ over 150 pounds. A. weigh B. weighs C. weights D. were weighing 6. More than 60 percent of world's radio programs _______ in English. A. is B. was C. are D. be 7. Stories of the Long March _______ popular with the young people now. A. is B. was C. are D. were 8. There __ a lot of rubbish on the floor so I asked Mary to sweep __ up. A. were; it B. are; them C. was; it D. is; them 9. Mayor as well as volunteer workers _______ the newly-built stadium.A. is cleaning B. are cleaning C. were clea ning D. have cleaned 10. Not only my brother but also I _____ good at painting. Both of us _____good painters. A. are...are B. am...are C. is...is D. are...is 11. Either you or the president _______ the prizes to these gifted winners at the meeting. A. is handing out B. are to hand out C. are handing out D. is to hand out 12. The singer and pianist _____ asked to make a speech at the meeting yesterday. A. is B. was C. are D. were 13. The wounded ___ good care of here now. A. is taking B. are taking C. are being taken D. is taken14.One sixth of our classmates ____ from peasant famili es. One fifth of her time ____ devoted to writing. A. comes; is B. come; are C. come; is D.comes; are 15. The Olympic Games in the year 2008 _____ in Beijing of China, which _____ known to us all A. is to hold; is B. is to be held; was C. are to hold; is D. are to be held; is A woman with two children ____ coming up to us. Mary, along with her parents, ___ moved to Paris. A. is; has B. is; have C. are; have D. are; has 17. Nothing but several glasses ________ bought by my father the day before yesterday. A. was B. were C. have been D. would be 18. Many people say 10,000 _______ a lot of money. A. dollar is B. dollars are C. dollars is D. dollar are 19. The number of the people who ___ cars ___ increasing. A. own….are B. own…is C. Owns is D. owns…are 20. He is one of the boys who _____ never late for school. He is the only one of the boys who _____ never late for school. A. is; are B. are; are C. are; is D. is; is
代词可以分为下列九类： 一 人称代词 例如：Who is knocking at the door? --- It’s me. 在使用人称代词时有下面几点值得注意： 1) she 可以用来代表国家，船只，大地，月亮等。 e.g. I think England will do what she promised to do. 2) 在并列的主语中，I 总放在最后。e.g. Mary and I will be in charge of the case. 3) 第三人称，男女两性并用时，男先女后。He and she still don’t agree to the plan. 二 物主代词 英语中主要有下列这些物主代词： 类 词义 型 我的 my mine 你的 your yours 他 （她， 它） 我们的 的 His, her, its His, its hers, our ours 你们 的 your yours 他们的 their theirs
形容词性物主代 词 名词性物主代词
Whose dictionary is this? ----it’s . （我的） 2) Let’s clean （他们的）room first and （我们的）later. 3）That car of is always breaking down.= Her car is....（她的） 三 反身代词 ...self 译作―本人‖或―亲自‖ 我自己：myself 我们自己：ourselves 你自己：yourself 你们自己：yourselves 他自己：himself 她自己：herself 它自己：itself 他们自己: themselves 1．这些词可用来： 1) 作宾语 I can’t express myself in English. 2) 作表语 I am not quite myself these days. 3) 作主语或宾语的同位语 The theory itself is all right. 4) 作同位语时 They must make investigation themselves.他们必须亲自作调查。 2．自身代词常和某些动词连用 enjoy oneself, behave oneself 使自己举止良好, help yourself to sth. 请吃点... come to oneself 苏醒 3．常与某些介词连用 ?by oneself 一个人做...（不要别人帮助） e.g. They made the machine all by themselves. 这机器完全是他们自己制造的。 ?For oneself 替自己，自己 e.g. He has a right to decide for himself. 他有权自己决定。 ?In oneself 本身 e.g. This is not a bad idea in itself. 这主意本身并不错。 ?To oneself 供自己用 e.g. She had a room to herself.她自己住一间房。 四 相互代词
One another 与 each other 都表示‖互相‖，称为相互代词，两者的用法是差不多的。 We can help one another /each other. 我们可以互相帮助。 请翻译：我们都急欲向彼此学习。 . 五 指示代词 有 this, that, these, those. 注意： 1.前面刚提到的东西，英语中常用 that (或 those)表示，而汉语中却常用“这”表示。 e.g. We have no time to do it. That’s our trouble.我们没有时间做这事。这就是我们的问题。 2. 指下面要谈到的事物时，常用 this, 例如 I want to know this: has John been here? 3. those 在下面的这种类型的句子里常出现，表示人们或东西（后面多有一定定语修饰） Those who wish to go to the concert may sign up here. He was among those who attended it. 他是到会人之一。 六 疑问代词 有 how，who, whom, whose, what, which,where when 都是来构成特殊问句的。 在以这类代词做主语时，后面的动词可以用复数形式，也可以用单数形式，要看所代表的人或物是复数还 是单数来决定。 e.g. Who live(s) in this room? 如果不清楚代表的东西是复数还是单数，则动词多用单数形式。 -----What’s there on the desk? ----- There’re some books on it. 注意：how often 问频率 how old 问年龄 how far 问距离 how much 问多少 how soon 问多快 七 关系代词<从句> 1.关系代词有 who, whom, whose, that, which，是用来引起定语从句的。它一面代表定语从句所修饰的那个名 词（或代词），一面又在从句内担任一个成分。 ?The worker who invented the machine is now studying at Qinghua University. （句中的 who 指这个工人，在从句中做主语。） ?He is no longer the man that he was. （That 指这个 man, 在从句中做表语。） ?Who, whom 。Who, whom 代表人，在从句中做主语时用 who, 做宾语时用 whom. ?The girl who spoke is my best friend. ?I want to find someone with whom I can discuss such things. 2.whose。代表―某个人的‖，在从句中做定语。 Do you know anyone whose family is in Xi’an? 3.which 代表事物，在从句中可以用作主语和宾语。 He told a story which moved us deeply. 4.that 代表事物的时候更多些，也可代表人，在从句中做主语，宾语，表语。 八 连接代词<从句> 疑问代词都可以用作连接代词，来引起主语从句，宾语从句和表语从句。 e.g. It is not decided who will hold the meeting? Do you know whose pen it is?
The question is whom I should trust. 1. 代词 what 有时可以用来表示 the thing which 这种意思。 What (the thing which) she lacks is experience. We should never pretend to know what we don’t know. (这里常出现 that 这个迷惑项。) 2. who(m), which, what 可以和 ever 构成合成词，和前面所提到的疑问代词一样，引导主从或宾从。（也就 是 whatever, whichever, whoever 的用法） Whatever he did was right. Whoever makes mistakes must correct them. 九 不定代词 英语中有下面这些不定代词：all, each, every, both, either, neither, one, none, little, few, many, much, other, another, some, any, no.以及一些复合不定代词，如：anyone, anybody, anything, someone, somebody, something, everyone, everything, nobody, nothing. 1. each 和 every 的区别 都是―每...‖的意思，但 each 强调个体，every 强调―全体‖。 没有 not each 的说法，只有 not every。 Every man is not honest.并非每个人都诚实（让学生翻）。＝Not every man is honest. (2) every 还可以表示―每隔...的；每...中的‖ Every year or two 每一两年 every other day 每隔一天 one car to every 20 people 每 20 人承 1 辆车 2. another, other, the other, others, the others 的用法 意思 词性 范围 三者或三者 以上 两者中的另 一 两者中的另 一 有无特 指 无 I don’t like this coat. Show me another, please. any other plant, some other day 常 与 one 连 用 ， 构 成 one…the other ( 一个 ... 另 一个...) some…others...( 一 些 ... 另 一些...)
另一个（的） 名词/形容词 其他的， 另外 的
其他（的）， 名词/形容词 另外（的）
其他的， 另外 的 其他，另外
other 的复数 形式 the other 的复 数形式
3. both, all, either, any, neither, none 的用法 都 两者 都 both all 任何 either any 都不 neither none
注：either...or..表示其中之一 eg, I used to go to school either by bus or by taxi. neither... nor...表示两者都不 eg, Neither Tom nor Sam will attend the party. 练习： 1. Tom, Please pass ________ the glasses. I want to read the newspapers. A. you B. me C. him D. her 2. The English novel is quite easy for you. There are ______ new words in it. A. a little B. little C. a few D. few 3. ---You want ________ sandwich? ---Yes, I usually eat a lot when I’m hungry. A. other B. another C. others D. the other 4. The doctors and nurses are doing their best to fight SARS. They think more of others than _______. A. they B. them C. themselves D. theirs 5. ---Which do you prefer, a bottle of orange or a bottle of milk? ---______________, thanks. I’d like a cup of tea. A. Either B. Neither C. Both D. None 6. ---Oh! I came in a hurry and forgot to bring food. ---Never mind. You can have ________. A. us B. ours C. you D. yours 7. ---Can I come this evening or tomorrow morning? ---_______ is OK. I’m free today and tomorrow. A. Either B. Neither C. Both D. None 8. ---How are you going to improve _______ this term? ---Work harder than last term. A. ourselves B. myself C. himself D. yourself 9. ---Could you tell me _______ she is looking for? ---Her cousin, Susan. A. that B. whose C. who D. which 10. ---Is _______ here? ---No. Li Lei and Han Mei have asked for leave. A. everybody B. somebody C. anybody D. nobody 11. Paul has _______ friends except me, and sometimes he feels lonely. A. many B. some C. few D. more 12. If you want to book a round-trip ticket, you’ll have to pay ______ $ 30. A. more B. other C. the other D. another 13. ---Do you live by yourself, Mr Wang? ---Yes. I have two sons. But ______ of them lives with me. They are now studying in America? A. neither B. both C. none D. either 14. ---Have you sent your parents an E-mail telling them you arrived safe? ---No. _______ of them can use a computer. A. None B. Both C. Neither D. All
15. Who taught _______ English last term? Was _____ Mr. Smith? A. you; it B. you; he C. your; it D. your; that 16. ---That woman has a bag in her right hand. What’s in her _____ hand? A. another B. other C. one D. the other 17. We decided to go for a field trip with some friends of _______. A. us B. our C. ours D. ourselves 18. ---Is there a bus to the zoo? ---I’m afraid there’s _______ bus to the zoo. A. no B. any C. some D. none 19. You forgot your dictionary? You may have _______. A. me B. my C. mine D. myself
1. 定冠词：the 特指某个东西或某些东西 以下这些情况用定冠词： 1.在表示前面己说过的人或事物的名词之前加 the 如，I bought a book yesterday. The book is now on the desk. 2.在表示说话人与听话人都知道的共同所指的事物前加 the 如， Shut the door, please. 3.在序数词之前加 the, 如: the first one, the last one, the second floor of the building 4.在表示西洋乐器的名词前用 the, 如: play the piano / the violin, 中国民族乐器前不用 the, 如:He played Erhu (二胡) very well. 5.形容词或副词最高级之前加 the, 副词最高级前的 the 可以省略 a. Who does the homework (the) most carefully in your class? b. Tom is the tallest of the three children. 6.在独一无二的名词前用 the 如，the sun, the sky, the moon, the earth, the world 7.表示―某某一家人‖或―某某夫妇‖ 的专有名词之前要加 the a. The Browns are at home to visitors today. b. The Whites are going on a trip next week. 8.the + 形容词表示一类人, 如: the rich 富人, the poor, the wounded 9.用在形容词 only, very (正是,恰是), same (同样的)等之前用 the a. She is the only girl in the family. b. That is the very book I’ve been looking for. c. We go to the same school. 10.用在表年代, 朝代, 时代的名词前, 如: in the 30’s 2. 不定冠词：a,an (an 用于发音以元音音素开头的词之前(不是以元音字母开头) -用于单数可数名词之前, 表示―一个‖ ―一类‖ 以下这些情况用不定冠词： 1.第一次提到某人某事某物 如， What is he? He is a teacher. 2.某些词组中不可缺少的部分, 如: go out for a walk, a long time, a few, as a result, in a hurry 等 3.表示―每一‖之意 如: three times a day 每天三次 4.and 连接两个名词, 若分别加 a / an, 表示两个人或物; 若只在第一个名词前加 a / an, 则表示一个人或物, 如: a black and white horse 一匹黑白相间的马; a black and a white horse 一匹黑马和一匹白马; He a teacher and writer.他是位教师兼作家 5.感叹句中， How nice a man you are! What a nice man! 注意： 1.表示职务,头衔的名词在句中作同位语,补语,表语时, 其前不用 the
a. He is elected monitor of our class. b. People elected him president of that country last year. 2.在某些习惯用语中的名词前不用 the, 以具体名词表示抽象概念, 如: at home, at first, by bus, by train, go to bed, go to school, in bed, in time a. The thief was thrown into prison. b. Before I go to bed, I’d like to have a cup of tea. c. Shall we go by plane or by train? d. The teacher asked us not to talk to each other in class. 3.在表示体育运动, 娱乐活动的名词前不用 the, 如: play basketball / football, play chess, play cards, play piano 4.在表示日期, 星期, 月份, 季节, 节假日等时间的名词之前不用 the。 5.当名词前己有指示代词( this, that, these, those ), 物主代词, 所有格及 every, some, any, no 等不定代词修饰 时, 便不再用 the。 练习： 1．It is generally accepted that ________boy must learn to stand up and fight like________man. A．a；a B．a；the C．the；the D．a；不填 2．As he reached ________ front door, Jack saw ________strange sight. A．the；不填 B．a；the C．不填；a D ．the；a 3．Take your time－it's just________short distance from here to________restaurant. A．不填；the B．a；the C．the；a D．不填；a 4．Anyway, I can't cheat him—it's against all my ______. A．emotions B．principles C．regulations D．opinions 5．Teachers have to constantly update their knowledge in order to maintain their professional________. A．consequence B．independence C．competence D．intel ligence 6.—Is there anyone asking for me this morning? —Yes.________Mr.Green did，but I've never met him. A．A B．An C．The D．/ 7.He told us that he had never seen ________snake in his life. A．a such big B．such big a C．a so big D．so big a 8.As is known to all，________ People's Republic of China is________biggest developing country in the world. A．the；不填 B．不填；the C．the；the D．不填；不填 9.________as he i s，he can't solve such a difficult problem. A．Clever boy B．A clever boy C．The clever boy D．Boy clever
-形容词用来修饰名词的，含有―的‖的意思 -副词用来修饰动词或形容词，含有―地‖或―得‖的意思 一. 形容词和副词的比较级和最高级 1．表示倍数的 5 个句型： (1)．..times as＋形容词/副词原级＋as... 如，This room is five times as large as that one. (2)．..times the＋性质名词＋of... 如，This room is five times the size of that one. (3)．..times＋形容词/副词比较级＋than... 如，This room is five times larger than that one. (4)．..times that of... 如，This room is five times that of that one. (5)．..times what it was... 如，The room is twice what it was 5 years ago. 2．同级的比较，用 as...as（形容词/副词原型），the same...as 结构。 翻译:他弹琴和钢琴家一样好。
3. ―the＋比较级……，the＋比较级……‖表示―越……，越……‖。 如，The more the fans watched the football game，the more excited they became. 翻译:我们搜集的资料越多，报告就越详细。
4.―比较级＋and＋比较级‖表示―越来越……‖；多音节则用―more and more＋原级‖。 如，As we were watching the football game，we were becoming more and more excited. 翻译:相信经过我们的努力，社会一定会越来越好。 5．―the＋比较级＋of the two＋名词复数‖表示―两者中较……的一个‖ 。 6．用介词 by 表示相差的程度。 7．一个人的两种品性的比较，用―more...than...‖结构。 8．―否定词＋比较级‖相当于最高级。 如，There is no better placer in the world.世界上没有更好的地方了。（这就是世界上最好的地方了。） 比较的对象不能相互包容， 注意： any other＋单数名词 all(the)other＋复数名词 比较级＋than＋anyone else any of the other＋复数名词 the rest of＋复数名词或不可数名词 1.—The film is，I have to say，not a bit interesting. —Why ? It's________than the films I have ever seen. A．far more interesting B．much less interesting C．no more interesting
D．any less interesting 2.Peter's jacket looked just the same as Jack's，but it cost ________his. A．as much twice as B．twice as much as C．much as twice as D．as twice much as 二、形容词/副词作状语 He stood there，full of fear.他站在那儿，充满了恐惧。 He returned home，safe and sound.他安然无恙地回到了家。 He went to bed，cold and hungry.他又冷又饿地去睡觉了。 形容词作状语和副词作状语的区别： 比较以下两个句子：He told us the good news，excited. He told us the good news excitedly. 第一句：形容词作状语是补充说明句中主语的状态，实际相当于一个―主＋系＋表‖句子的省 略，该形容词 实际上是句中的表语。（他把那个好消息告诉了我们，他非常兴奋。） 第二句：副词则是修饰句中动词或整个句子的。（他非常兴奋地把那个好消息告诉了我们。） 三、形容词、副词的辨析 1．词形相近的形容词或副词的词义辨析 Lots of families once suffering poverty are now living in ________comfort and some of them are even wealthy now. A．competitive B．conservative C．comparative D．comprehensive C。本题考查形容词辨析。根据语境判断，此处表示人们生活在―相对的‖安逸中。comparative 相对的； competitive 竞争的；conservative 保守的；comprehensive 广泛的，综合的。 2．词义相近的形容词或副词的词义辨析 Mistakes don't just happen；the y occur for a reason.Find out the reason，and then making the mistake becomes ________. A．favorable B．precious C．essential D．worthwhile D。worthwhile 意为―值得做的，有价值的‖，符合题意。此处意为―犯错误是值得的‖。favorable 有利的， 赞同的；precious 珍贵的；essential 本质的。 3．形式上易混淆的形容词和副词 有些词尾加 ly 的词是形容词而不是副词，如 friendly，lovely 等。有些副词词尾加不加 ly 意义不同，如： deep―深‖，指具体概念，deeply―深深地‖，指抽象概念；high―高‖，指具体概念，highly―高度地‖，指抽象概 念；wide 宽阔地，widely 广泛地；free 免费地，freely 自由地等。 -注意：下列以 ly 结尾的词是形容词，不是副词：lively 活泼的；lonely 孤独的；lovely 可爱的；deadly 致命 的；friendly 友好的；ugly 丑陋的；silly 傻的；motherly 慈母般的；brotherly 兄弟般的；sickly 多病的；likely 可能的；kindly 关怀的。如：a sickly child 一个多病的孩子；be likely of success 有可能成功；an ugly wound 一个丑陋的伤口；a friendly match 一场友谊赛。 四、特殊比较结构所表示的意义 1．more 的几个短语
more than 多于，不仅仅，不只；no more than―仅仅，只是(＝only)‖，后面接名词或数词；more...than...与其 说……倒不如说……。 如，—Tom is wise enough to achieve his success. —But in my opinion，he is more lucky than wise. —Do you need any help，Lucy? —Yes.The job is ________I could do myself. A．less than B．more than C．no more than D．not more tha n would rather do sth.than do sth./prefer to do sth.rather than do sth.表示―宁愿……不愿……‖。 如，He would rather beg in the street than get money in such a dishonest way. 翻译：我宁愿挨饿也不会接受他的钱。 高分秘笈 识别特殊的形容词 1．以 a 开头的形容词多作表语，若作定语，须后置。此类形容词不用 very 修饰，但可用其他副词修饰。 T he fish is alive. He is a great man alive. 2．某些表示健康状况或感觉反应的形容词只作表语。如： faint，ill，glad，pleased，sorry，well，content 等。 3．下列以 ly 结尾的词是形容词，不是副词：lively 活泼的；lonely 孤独的；lovely 可爱的；deadly 致命的； friendly 友好的；ugly 丑陋的；silly 傻的；motherly 慈母般的；brotherly 兄弟般的；sickly 多病的；likely 可 能的；kindly 关怀的。如：a sickly child 一个多病的孩子；be likely of success 有可能成功；an ugly wound 一 个丑陋的伤口；a friendly match 一场友谊赛。 练习： 1．She has already tried her best. Please don't be too ________about her job. A．special C．unusual A．as three times big as B．three times as big as C．as big as three times D．as big three times as 3．Nowadays, there is a________increase in children's creativity，for they are greatly encouraged to develop their talents. A．sharp C．natural lecture. A．cold B．blank B．slight D．modest B．responsible D．particular
2．The new stadium being built for the next Asian Games will be ________ the present one.
4．The professor could tell by the ________ look in Maria's eyes that she didn't understand a single word of his
C．innocent A．finally C．occasionally A. unique
D．fresh B．immediately D．certainly D. adequate
5．I've been writing this report ________ for the last two weeks, but it has to be handed in tomorrow.
6. Sugar is not an important element in bread, but flour is _____. B. essential C. natural 7. The secret of his success is that he does everything _____. A. efficiently B. curiously C. anxiously D. sufficiently 8. Broadly speaking, I would agree with Shirley, though not _____. A. widely A.traditional B. thoroughly C. entirely D. extensively B. historic C. remote D. initial D. formally 9. In _____ Chinese culture, marriage decisions were often made by parents for their children. 10. Most people on this island are recreational fishers, and _____, fishing forms an actual part of their leisure time. A. Accidentally B. purposefully C. obviously A. eventually 11. There was such long queue for coffee at the interval that we _____ gave up. B. unfortunately C. generously D. purposefully C. deserving D. profitable 12. I don’t think that car is _____ the money you paid for it. A. satisfactory B. worth 13. When he was 18, he was completely _____ and received no money from his family. A. independent B. confident C. considerate D. thoughtful 14. The isolated village seemed to be _____ to visitors as very little was known about it and its inhabitants appeared somewhat hostile to strangers. A. inaccessible B. unavailable C. inadaptable D. sensible D. profitable 15. It was _____ of you to turn away when a stranger wanted to sell a gold watch cheap to you. A. generous B. sensitive C. unbelievable War. A. narrowly B. dangerously C. thoroughly A. lawful B. legal D. clearly 17. Because there was not enough evidence to prove he was guilty, the jury claimed that he was _____. C. innocent D. logical 18. If you take a(n) _____ attitude towards life, you will live happily and longer. A. positive B. negative C. sensitive D. responsible 19. When the president of the company was asked whether he had cheated in the election, he felt quite _____. A. would B. timid C. embarrassed D. refreshed 20. When the couple saw the fire star in their house, Susan tried to get in the door; _____, her husband tried to climb in through the window. A. later B. previously C. meanwhile D. afterward 16. The hero told the students a bullet _____ missed his heart and he was seriously wounded during the Korean
Ordinary Is Beautiful When we are very small, we dream to be the great person in the future, such as the scientist, the policeman and so on. It is good for the children to own the big dream, so that they will study hard and fight for their future. But the fact is that not all the person can become the great person, most people are doing the ordinary jobs. In my opinion, ordinary is beautiful, too. Though they are not doing the fine jobs, they find their own place and make a contribution to the world. Take the cleaner for example. They wake up early and do the cleaning work. People dare not to do the job because it is so dirty, but the cleaners decorate the city with their hard work. The cleaners are the ordinary people while doing the great job. 平凡也美丽 在我们很小的时候，梦想将来成为伟大的人，比如科学家，警察等等。孩子有伟大的梦想是好的，这 样他们就会努力学习，为他们的将来奋斗。但是事实上，并不是所有的人都能成为伟大的人，大部分人都 是做着普通的工作。在我看来，平凡也是美丽的。虽然他们没有做着体面的工作，但是他们找到了自己的 位置，为社会做贡献。就拿清洁工来说。他们早早起来做清洁。人们不敢做这份工作，因为脏，但是清洁 工通过努力工作去装饰了这个城市。清洁工虽然普通，但是他们却做着伟大的工作。
copyright ©right 2010-2020。