江苏省江都区丁沟中学 2012-2013 学年高一下学期期中考试英语 试题
本卷分为第Ⅰ卷（选择题）和第Ⅱ卷（非选择题）两部分，共 120 分，时间 120 分钟。 注意：答案全部写在答题纸上。 第 I 卷 (选择题,三部分,共60分) 第一部分：听力（共两节，满分 16 分） 做题时，先将答案标在试卷上，录音内容结束后，你将有两分钟的时间将试卷上的答案 转涂到答题卡上
。 第一节（共 5 小题，每小题 1 分，满分 5 分） 听下面 5 段对话。每段对话后有一个小题，从题中所给的 A、B、C 三个选项中选出最佳 选项，并标在试卷的相应位置。听完每段对话后，你都有 10 秒钟的时间 来回答和阅读下一 小题。每段对话仅读一遍。 1. What does the man do? A. He accepts the offer. B. He receives the offer. C. He declines the offer. 2. What are they going to do this evening? A. To see a play. B. To see a movie. C. To watch a game. 3. What have you learnt from the conversation? A. The woman was late for the meal. B. The man was late for the meal. C. The man failed to keep his promise. 4. Where will the woman most probably be working? A. In her hometown. B. In New York. C. In a university. 5. What are they talking about? A. How to pay for the e－dictionary. B. Where to buy the e－dictionary. C. When to get the e－dictionary. 第二节（共 11 小题；每小题 1 分，满分 11 分） 听下面 4 段对话或独白。每段对话或独白后有几个小题，从题中所给的 A、B、C 三个选 项中选出最佳选项，并标在试卷的相应位置。听每段对话或独白前，你将有时间阅读各个小 题，每小题 5 秒钟；听完后，各小题将给出 5 秒钟的作答时间。每段对话或独白读两遍。 听第 6 段材料，回答第 6 至 7 题。 6. What does the woman ask the boy to do? A. To clean the bathroom. B. To do some housework. C. To finish his homework. 7. How does the boy react to his mother's request? A. Quickly. B. Happily. C. Unwillingly. 听第 7 段材料，回答第 8 至 10 题。 8. Which programme will target a pregnant woman? A. The Food－for－Life programme. B. The Food－for－Growth programme. C. The Food－for－Work programme. 9. How does the Food－for－Work programme help those who are out of work? A. By sending them emergency food aid. B. By giving them well－paid work to do.
C. By giving them work and pay them in food aid. 10. What are they mainly talking about? A. The World Food Programme. B. The Food－for－Life programme. C. How to help the elderly. 听第 8 段材料，回答第 11 至 13 题。 11. Where does the conversation most probably take place? A. In a hotel room. B. In a dry cleaner's. C. At a hotel front desk. 12. What does the man inquire about? A. Whether he can have his washing done. B. How much he has to pay for the laundry. C. When he has to check out of the hotel. 13. What offer does the woman make? A. To dry－clean his suit. B. To carry his suitcase. C. To give him a lift. 听第 9 段材料，回答第 14 至 16 题。
16. Why did the son's family kill the fatted calf? A. Because he had improved his way of living. B. Because he had learned a lot of idioms. C. Because he had written a book about idioms. 第二部分 英语语言知识运用（共两节，满分 44 分） 第一节 单项选择（共 14 小题；每小题 1 分，满分 14 分） 请认真阅读下列各题，从题中所给的 A、B、C、D 四个选项中，选出可以填入空白处的 最佳选项。 17. It was _______ he said _______ disappointed me. A. what ; that B. that ;what C. what; what D. that; what 18. The French pianist who had been highly praised _______ to be a great disappointment. A. turned up B. turned in C. turned out D. turned down 19. His ideas are very interesting, but we need _______ suggestions to get us out of the mess. A. pure B. similar C. practical D. traditional 20. —Haven’t you graduated from your university? —Yes, I _______ in the English Department of Shandong University for four years. A. studied B. study C. had studied D. was studying 21. Suddenly the idea came to me _______ I might turn to my teacher for help. A. what B. that C. which D. whom 22. Allow children the space to voice their opinions, _______ they are different from yours. A. until B. even if C. unless D. as though 23. The newly-built theatre is _______ the old one. A. as twice big as B. twice more bigger than C. twice the size of D. twice so big as
24. Charles Babbage is generally considered _______ the first computer. A. to invent B. inventing C. to have invented D. having invented 25. He didn't keep on asking me the time any longer as he had had his watch _______. A. to repair B. repaired C. repairing D. repair 26. On the Changbai mountaintop _______ Lake Tianchi, which attracts lots of visitors every year. A. lying B. lies C. do lie D. has lain
29. The murderer was brought in，with his hands _______ behind his back. A. being tied B. having tied C. to be tied D. tied 30. — How often do you eat out? — _______, but usually once a week. A. Have no idea B. It depends C. As usual D. Generally speaking 第二节 完形填空（共 15 小题；每小题 1 分，满分 15 分） 阅读下面短文，掌握其大意，然后从 31—45 各题所给四个选项（A、B、C 和 D）中，选 出最佳选项。 In the depths of my memory, many things I did with my father still live. These things come to represent, in fact, what I call 31 and love. I don’t remember my father ever getting into a swimming pool. But he did love the water. Any kind of 32 ride seemed to give him pleasure. And he loved to fish; sometimes he took me along. But I never really liked being on the water, the way my father did. I liked being 33 the water, moving through it, having it all around me. I was not a strong 34 , or one who learned to swim early, for I had my 35 . But I loved being in the swimming pool close to my father’s office and 36 those summer days with my father, who 37 come by on a break. I needed him to see what I could do. My father would stand there in his suit, the 38 person not in swimsuit. After swimming, I would go 39 his office and sit on the wooden chair in front of his big desk, where he let me 40 anything I found in his top desk drawer. Sometimes, if I was left alone at his desk 41 he worked in the lab, an assistant or a student might come in and tell me perhaps I shouldn’t be playing with his 42 . But my father always 43 and said easily, “Oh, no, it’s fine.” Sometimes he handed me coins and told me to get 44 an ice cream… A poet once said, “We look at life once, in childhood; the rest is 45 .” And I think it is not only what we “look at once, in childhood” that determines our memories, but who, in that childhood, look at us. 31. A. desire B. joy C. anger D. worry 32. A. boat B. bus C. train D. bike 33. A. on B. off C. by D. in
34. A. swimmer B. rider C. walker D. runner 35. A. hopes B. faiths C. rights D. fears 36. A. spending B. saving C. wasting D. ruining 37. A. should B. would C. had to D. ought to 38. A. next B. only C. other D. last 39. A. away from B. out of C. by D. inside 40. A. put up B. break down C. play with D. work out 41. A. the moment B. the first time C. while D. before 42. A. fishing net B. office things C. wooden chair D. lab equipment 43. A. stood up B. set out C. showed up D. turned out 44. A. the student B. the assistant C. myself D. himself 45. A. memory B. wealth C. experience D. practice 第三部分 阅读理解（共 15 小题；每小题 1 分，满分 15 分） 请认真阅读下列短文，从短文后所给的 A、B、C、D 四个选项中，选出最佳选项。 A What’s your idea of a good time? What about dancing in a rainy field with one hundred and fifty thousand other people while a famous rock band plays on a stage so far away that the performers look like ants? It may sound strange but that is what many hundreds of thousands of young people in the UK do every summer. Why? Because summer is the time for outdoor music festivals. Held on a farm, the Glastonbury Festival is the most well-known and popular in the UK. It began in 1970 and was attended by one thousand five hundred people each paying an admission price of ? - the ticket included free milk from the farm. 1 Since then the Glastonbury Festival has gone from strength to strength - in 2004 one hundred and fifty thousand fans attended, paying ? for tickets to the three-day event. Tickets for the event 112 sold out within three hours. Acts included veteran superstars, such as Paul McCartney and James Brown, as well as new talent, like Franz Ferdinand and Joss Stone. Although many summer festivals are run on a profit-making basis, Glastonbury is a charity event, donating millions of pounds to local and international charities. Glastonbury is not unique in using live music to raise money for global poverty. In July of this year, the Live 8 concerts were held simultaneously(同时) in London, Paris, Rome and Berlin. Superstars, such as Madonna, Sir Elton John and Steve Wonder performed in order to highlight international poverty and debt. 46. What does the author mean by “the Glastonbury Festival has gone from strength to strength”? A. The festival has achieved continuing and growing success B. It has taken great efforts to hold the festival. C. The festival has brought in a large amount of money. D. There have been thousands of fans attending the festival. 47. Which of the following is right based on the passage? A. The Glastonbury Festival is run on a profit-making basis. B. In the 1970 Glastonbury Festival, one could get milk from the farm without paying. C. Both James Brown and Joss Stone are skilled and experienced superstars. D. In the 2004 Glastonbury Festival, the tickets were in great demand despite the high price. 48. “ The Live 8” is the name of _________.
A. a band B. a festival 49. What is the best title of the passage? A. An idea to have a good time C. UK summer music festivals
C. a place
D. a series of concerts
B. Charity events around the world D. Superstars’ performances in the charity events B
Ambassador Hotel： Welcome to the Ambassador Hotel. To make your stay as enjoyable as possible, we hope you will use our facilities to the full. Dining Room Breakfast is served in the dining mom from 8 a. m. to 9: 30 a.m. Alternatively, the room staff will bring a breakfast tray to your room at any time after 7 a.m. In this case, please fill out a card and hang it outside your door when you go to bed. Lunch: 12:00a.m. to2:30p.m. Dinner: 7:30 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. Room Service This operates 24 hours a day; phone the reception desk, and your message will be passed on to the room staff. Telephones To make a phone call, dial 0 for Reception and ask to be connected. We apologize for delays in putting calls through when the staffs are very busy. There are also public telephone booths near the Reception Desk. Early calls should be booked with reception.
The hotel bar is open from 12 a.m. to 2 p.m. and 7 p.m. to 1 a.m. 50. You would see this notice _________. A. in a hotel bar B. in a hotel dining room C. in a bedroom of a large international hotel D. in the entrance of a small family hotel 51. What should you do if you have arrived to stay at the hotel at 2 a.m. and want something to eat? A. Go to the hotel shop. B. Go to the hotel bar. C. Hang a message outside your door. D. Phone Reception. 52. What should you do when you come back to the hotel to make an important call and see a lot of people around the Reception desk? A. Go to your room and phone from there. B. Ask at the Reception desk. C. Use one of the telephones in the entrance hall. D. Go out again and look for a public phone box 53. What do you think a room staff’s last job is before he goes off duty at 6 p.m.? A. Lay the tables in the dining room. B. Check the bedroom doors. C. Start preparing the breakfast. D. Wake any of the guests who have asked for early calls. C
Are you worried by the rising crime rate? If you are, you probably know that your house, possessions and person are increasingly in danger of suffering from great rise in the cases of burglary and attack. Figures show an ever-increasing crime rate, but it is only too easy to imagine “It will never happen to me”. Unfortunately, statistics show that it really can happen to you and, if you live in a large city, you run twice the risk of being a victim. Fortunately, there is something definite which you can do. Protect Alarms can help to protect your house with a burglar alarm system which is effective, simple to operate and easily affordable. You must remember that owning a burglar alarm is no indication that your house is packed with valuable possessions. It quite simply indicates to unwelcome visitors that yours is one house they will not break into easily, so they carry on to an unprotected house where their job is made a lot easier. Send now for our free leaflet telling you how we can Protect Alarm your house quickly, easily and cheaply. Complete and tear off the slip below and post it to us. Postage is free. Also, telephone us on 327 6721 where we have a round-the-clock answering service. It costs nothing to find out about Protect Alarm. 54. It seems that people who live in cities are __________. A. more often victims than those living in other areas B. of the opinion that statistics are wrong C. twice as well as people living in other areas D. of the opinion that burglars only rob unprotected homes 55. The writer of the text wants to give the impression that the Protect Alarm system is __________. A. elementary B. everlasting C. experimental D. economical 56. The article claims that possessing an alarm system will _________. A. show burglars that you have something worth stealing B. persuade burglars not to break into your house C. make the burglars’ job less complicated D. persuade burglars to try again another time 57. In order to find out more information about this alarm system one can __________. A. buy a leaflet B. write enclosing a stamped, addressed envelope C. sign a contract D. phone at any time of day or night 58. The underlined word “Figures” in the second paragraph can be replaced by “ ____ ”. A. Illustrations B. Fingers C. Numbers D. Statistics 59. He was unlucky that his house was __________ last night. A. smashed into B. burst into C. broken into D. transported into 60. He shouldn’t run the __________ of losing his life crossing the road with the green light on. A. risk B. danger C. threat D. fright 第 II 卷 (非选择题，共 60 分) 第四部分 写作（共六节，满分 60 分） 第一节 课外阅读填词（新概念英语） （共 10 空；每空 1 分，满分 10 分） 注意：每个空格填 1 个单词。请将答案写在答题纸上相应题号的横线上。 61. “You needn’t be so _________ about it,” my wife answered as she looked at herself in the _________. 62. When he began to play a __________, we had our first glimpse of the snake .It rose out of the
basketball and began to follow the __________ of the pipe. 63. He knew he would be able to reach the South Pole, for there were no more mountains in __________.The aircraft was able to fly over the endless white _________ without difficulty. 64. In the __________, the strap broke and, with the bag in their __________, both men started running through the trees. 65. It had been _________ up in newspaper and it _________ half the money he had lost, together with a note which said:” A thief, yes, but only 50 percent a thief!” 第二节 任务型阅读（共 10 小题；每小题 1 分，满分 10 分） 请认真阅读下列短文，并根据所读内容在文章后表格中的空格里填入最恰当的单词。 注意：每个空格填 1 个单词。请将答案写在答题纸上相应题号的横线上。 We all know that money can’t make us happy, but many times we act as if we’d be happier with a bit more money. We are conditioned to want to be richer; we are trained to want the latest style that television tells us; we want to earn more money because then we’ll have a good life. But none of that will make us happier. And the sad thing is that it can take us decades of pursuing 追求） （ wealth and expensive things before we realize that. So what will bring us happiness? Luckily, there are three things that don’t cost anything. Here they are: Good relationships. We have a human need to be close with other human beings. Having good, supportive friendships, a strong marriage or loving relationships with our family members will make us much more likely to be happy. Therefore, take time, today, to stay with your loved ones, to tell them what they mean to you, to listen to them, and to develop your relationships with them. Positive thinking. Optimism （乐观） one of the best indicators of people who lead a happy life. is Happy people feel empowered, in control of their lives. So why not make positive thinking a habit? In fact, this should be one of the first habits you develop. Flow. This is a popular concept on the Internet these days 一 the state we enter when we are completely focused on the work or task. Having work and leisure （休闲） gets you in this state of that flow will almost undoubtedly lead to happiness. People find the greatest enjoyment not when they’re passively mindless, but when they’re absorbed in a mindful challenge. If you are interested in some kind of work and keen on some kind of hobbies, it is not a bad idea. Turn off the TV 一 this is the opposite of flow 一 and then go outside and do something that truly makes you active. Title Some people’s 67. _____ Fact If we were 68.___ Three Secrets to 66. ___________ , we would have a happier life. ___ money cannot make us
It will be a long time before we 69. happier. Set up good relationships Think 72.
● We are much more 70.___ to be happy if we have good relationships. ● Tell your loved ones they mean a lot to you and listen to them, 71. your relationships with them. ● People who lead a happy life are believed to be optimistic. ● 73. the habit of making positive thinking.
● When we are 74. the greatest happiness. ● Find work that 75. keen on.
to our work or task, we find you and hobbies you are
第三节 词汇运用 (共 10 小题；每小题 1 分，满分 10 分) 根据所给的首字母在空格里填入所缺单词. 注意：每个空格填 1 个单词。请将答案写在答题纸上相应题号的横线上。 76. They found the buried c__________ by chance when they climbed the mountain. 77. Global warming will deeply affect poor countries, leading to crop failures and e_________ weather. 78. Our country has started a tree-planting c__________. 79. He is d_________ to break away frow all the bad habits. 80. We all u_________ him to go ahead with his plan.,but he didn’t listen. 81. PSAS are d______to educate people about health and safety and other issues. 82. The writer has been p his latest novel in the country these days. 83. I can’t fancy p so big a house with such an amount of money. 84. The harvest of the wheat will have m this year thanks to the fine weather. 85. The public will b a lot from the new policy after it comes into use. 第四节 课文句型转换（共 5 小题；每小题 1 分，满分 5 分） 注意：每个空格填 1 个单词。请将答案写在答题纸上相应题号的横线上。
been admitted into Beijing University. 88. If Mary doesn’t attend the meeting, you will attend it instead. ________ Mary ________ you will attend the meeting. 89. Then he had an idea that he could use different shapes to represent different objects. ________ ________ ________ ________ that he could use different shapes to represent different objects. 90. However, all ads don’t play tricks on us However, ________ ________ ________ play tricks on us. 第五节 完成句子（共 5 小题；每小题 1 分，满分 5 分） 注意：每个空格填 1 个单词。请将答案写在答题纸上相应题号的横线上。 91. 我们很遗憾地告诉你，你的计划未被批准执行。 We ________ ________ ________ ________ that your project is not approved. 92. 如果你能提前告诉我你能否来我会感激不尽。 I ________ ________ ________ ________ you could let me know in advance whether or not you are coming. 93. 在警察来之前你最好别动任何东西。 You’d better leave things ________ ________ ________ until the police arrive. 94. 他推荐 Tom 在那个学校当教师。
He ________ that Tom ________ work as a teacher in that school. 95. 他穿着一件厚厚的大衣以便御寒。 He is wearing a thick overcoat to ________ himself ________ the cold. 第六节 书面表达（共１小题，满分 20 分） 开学初老师和家长都要李华住校学习，而他却喜欢每天回家，双方各持己见。假设你是 李华，请用英语把这个情况告诉中学生英语报“学生之音”栏目组，请求主持人给予建议。 老师和家长的理由 1． 2． 3． ★ 方便问问题 ★ 晚自习时间更能保证； ★ 培养独立生活的能力。 1． 2． 李明的理由 ★ 晚上有更多自习时间； ★ 学习内容可以自由支配。
注意：1．词数 100 左右； 2．信的开头已写好，只需接着写； 3．参考词汇：住校—board（v.） Dear Sir, I’m a student of senior 3.
Yours, Li Hua 丁沟中学 2012——2013 学年度第二学期高一英语期中试卷答案
61. rude, mirror 62. tune, movements 63.sight, plains 64. struggle, possession 65. wrapped, contained 任务型阅读（共 10 小题；每小题 1 分，满分 10 分） 66. Happiness 67. thought/attitude/opinion/view/idea 68. richer/wealthier 69. realize 70. likely 71. developing 72. positively 73. Form/Develop 74. devoted/committed 75. interests
完成句子（共 5 小题；每小题 1 分，满分 5 分） 91. regret to inform/tell you 92. would appreciate it if 93. as they are/were 94. recommended, should 95. protect, from 书面表达 One Possible Version: Dear Sir, I’m a student of senior 3. At the beginning of this term, my parents and teachers asked me to board in the school. They say it will be very convenient for me to ask questions whenever and wherever. Besides, they think boarding will make it possible to make full use of my night time, and that I can also develop the ability to look after myself. However, I have my own thought. Staying at home in the evening, I will have more time to work at my lessons. At the same time, I can learn what I think I’ m not good at. I really don’t know what to do. Please give me your advice! Yours, Li Hua
copyright ©right 2010-2020。