2006 年全国中学生英语能力竞赛（NEPCS）决赛高二年级组试题和参考答案 2006 年全国中学生英语能力竞赛(NEPCS)决赛高二年级组试题 (总分：150 分 答题时间：120 分钟) 听力部分(共四大题，计 30 分) I. 句子理解(Statements) (共 5 小题；每小题 1 分，计 5 分) 请听句子，然后从 A、B、C、D 四个选项中选出一个与你所听到的句子
意思一致或相近的答案。每个句子 只读一遍。(答案涂在答题纸上) 1. A. The task took me longer to finish than I had expected. B. It didn't take me so much time to complete the experiment. C. Surprisingly, I received a bouquet of roses on my birthday. D. I haven't seen her for so long that I've forgotten what she looks like. 2. A. We are looking forward to Christmas in December. B. We are still dealing with the problems discussed last December. C. We will not know the examination results until the end of December. D. We will have a physical examination next December. 3. A. I often go shopping with some of my best friends after work. B. My friends were having fun while I was working hard in the office. C. I simply believe that killing animals just for fun is wrong. D. Hundreds of people were there and it was a really fun day out. 4.
5. A. The Frenchman was sitting at a small table in the corner, drinking wine. B. Wine represents one of the most valuable cultural traditions in France. C. The French girl has caught the sun on the back of her neck. D. Every year the Frenchman exported a great amount of wine to the UK.
II. 问句应答(Responses) (共 5 小题；每小题 1 分，计 5 分) 请听问句，然后从 A、B、C、D 四个选项中选出一个能够恰当回答你所听到的句子的最佳答案。每个问句 只读一遍。(答案涂在答题纸上) 6. A. Please empty your pockets over there. B. Yes, it is. But I've had enough. Thanks. C. All right. Oh, I just forgot about the keys. D. I'm sorry. The traffic was so terrible. 7. A. Tell me how many movies you have seen so far. B. I'm sorry. Every seat's booked today. C. Of course not. Go ahead. It's very crowded here, isn't it? D. Well, I'm getting better and I'll go back to work in a week. 8. A. Sounds great, but we need a few things for cleaning. B. Well, I felt sure you'd enjoy the food. C. You are supposed to return them by next Tuesday. D. I'm glad you can make it. 9. A. The furniture department is on the sixth floor. B. My phone number is 2296-8000. C. Thanks, but I couldn't eat another thing. D. The meeting has been moved up to tomorrow.
10. A. I hope you'll have a nice weekend. B. I'm sorry to call so late. I hope I didn't wake you up. C. Well, we are going to visit our parents in Paris. D. I'll pick you up on Saturday morning.
III. 对话理解(Dialogues)(共 10 小题；每小题 1 分，计 10 分) A) 请听下面五组小对话，每组对话后有一个问题，根据你所听到的对话内容，选择能回答所提问题的最 佳答案。每组对话和问题均读两遍。(答案涂在答题纸上) 11. A. ￡60. B. ￡40. C. ￡20. D. ￡45.
12. A. He goes shopping with his family. C. He watches videos or does gardening. 13. A. Workmates. 14. A. He's an actor. C. He's a soldier. 15. A. In a subway. C. In a supermarket. B. Classmates.
B. He has to work at home. D. He stays home and watches TV. C. Neighbours. D. Friends.
B. He's a writer. D. He's a driving instructor. B. At an airport. D. At a gas station.
B) 请听下面一段长对话，然后根据你所听到的对话内容，选择能回答下列问题的最佳答案。对话读两遍。 (答案涂在答题纸上) 16. Where is James going? A. Austria. B. New Zealand. C. Australia. D. Netherlands.
17. What is James probably doing at present? A. He's driving to a nearby country. C. He's watching a dolphin show. 18. How was the weather last week? B. He's in a sailing competition. D. He's forecasting weather on TV.
19. What will James do first when he arrives? A. Take a hot bath and have his hair cut. C. Go to a concert and enjoy some music. B. Have a big dinner. D. Have a dite with Rachel.
20. Where is the dialogue probably taking place? A. In a plane. B. On a minibus. C. In an office. D. On the phone.
IV. 短文理解 (Passages) (共 10 小题；每小题 1 分，计 10 分) A) 请听下面一段材料，根据你所听到的内容，选择能回答所提问题或完成句子的最佳答案。材料读两遍。 (答案涂在答题纸上) 21. There isn't usually much ________ here at this time of year. A. rain and snow C. clouds and fog B. storm and wind D. thunder and lightning
22. Whether they go or not tomorrow depends on ________. A. the food supply C. the name list B. the time limit D. the weather conditions
23. When will the group of people probably get up tomorrow? A. At 5:30 am. B. At 5:00 am. C. At 6:00 am. D. At 6:30 am.
24. What should they NOT take tomorrow?
25. If they had come a few weeks ago, ________. A. they could have gone fishing C. they could have done more walks B. they would have had time to camp D. they would have crossed the river
B) 非选择题： 请听下面一段材料， 根据你所听到的内容， 补全空白处所缺的信息， 每空一词。 材料读两遍。 (答案写在答题纸上)
笔试部分(共七大题，计 120 分) I. 选择填空(Vocabulary and structure) (共 15 小题；每小题 1 分，计 15 分) 从 A、B、C、D 四个选项中，选出可以填入空白处的最佳答案。(答案涂在答题纸上) 31. On ________ typical summer day, the temperature can rise from 3℃ before ________ sunrise to 27℃ by midday. A. the; the B. the; / C. a; / D. a; the
32. She learnt both business and history, but she knows ________ of them well, though she can speak on ________ subjects in general.
A. none; any
B. nothing; anything
C. neither; both
D. either; neither
33. —I ________ the work so carelessly. Shall I do it again? —OK, but it ________ by noon. A. can't complete; must be finishing B. shouldn't have done; must be done C. must not have completed; may have done D. must not do; must have been finished 34. She kept ________ they must be economical, ________ they were not rich. A. on saying; though C. saying; since B. speak; till D. to speak; as
35. Since the beginning of agriculture, the human population ________ more than two thousand times. A. had enlarged on C. went up for B. has been broadened by D. has increased by
36. I told them not everybody could do it, ________? I was right about everything. A. didn't I B. couldn't they C. could they D. did I
37. —Do you remember ________ Celia came? —Sure. On foot, not by car, I think. A. when it was that C. how was it that B. how it was that D. when was it that
38. Nick suggested ________ there for two weeks. It was a brilliant idea. I wished I ________ of it myself. A. to go; thought C. going; had thought B. to live; exchanged D. living; would have exchanged
39. He is a difficult person. He has never got ________ well with his ________ relatives. A. on; daughter-in-law's C. /; daughter-in-law's B. along; daughter's-in-law D. up; daughter's-in-law
40. She looked at him ________ and her words sounded ________. A. warm; tireless B. cold; sharply C. warmly; tirelessly D. coldly; sharp
41. ________ his movie work, Redford is known as a famous sociologist. A. In addition to B. In a word C. In trouble D. In case of
42. ________ the table, she pretended not to notice their talking about Judy. A. Having set B. Be laying C. Setting D. Laid
43. I spent the summer in France, ________ I climbed the Alps. A. in where B. during which C. there D. that
44. —You have lots of bags. Let me help you. —Thanks a lot. —________ A. Really? I didn't know that. B. Sounds good!I'm very interested in classic music. C. Come this way. My car's in the parking lot. D. Yes, I'd like to have a bag. 45. —I saw a good tennis racket last week. It was ￡60, but they are having a sale. —Yes, 20% off!________ —Hurry up, or it'll be gone! A. Are you trying to make a fool of me? C. Hot dogs are fine. Let's go there. B. I don't think I can. It's really painful. D. That's really a good buy.
II. 阅读理解(Reading comprehension) (共 20 小题；选择题 5 小题，每小题 1 分，非选 择题 15 小题，每小题 2 分，计 35 分) A) 选择题：阅读下面短文，从 A、B、C、D 四个选项中，选出能回答所提问题的最佳答案。(答 案涂在答题纸上) Jupiter is the largest planet in our solar system. It is also one of the most interesting. It was named after Jupiter, the most important of the Roman gods, and nicknamed the “King of Planets.” It is the fifth planet from the sun and the fourth brightest object in the sky. Before the invention of the telescope, Jupiter was thought to be a bright star. In 1610, the famous astronomer Galileo realised that Jupiter was actually a planet. He also noticed that it had four large moons. These are known as the Galilean moons. The biggest is Ganymede, and it is larger than the planets Pluto and Mercury. Next in size is Callisto, which is the farthest away from Jupiter. Io is the closest to the planet, and has a lot of active volcanoes. The smallest of the Galilean moons is Europa. Europa is covered in ice, and scientists believe there may be an ocean underneath. Galileo's discovery that Jupiter was not a star but a planet was very important. Before this time, people believed the Earth to be the centre of the universe. They thought that the sun, stars, and other planets all revolved around the Earth. However, Galileo proved that the sun was at the centre of the universe! (A) Jupiter is farther out in the solar system than Earth, so it takes longer to revolve around the sun. (B) However, a day on Jupiter is much shorter, only 9.8 Earth hours. (C) This is because it spins a lot faster than the Earth does. (D) Another of Jupiter's interesting features is its “Great Red Spot.” On the surface of the planet is a large red spot. The spot is actually a huge storm like a hurricane, but bigger. It covers an area twice as big as the Earth and has been going on for at least 400 years! 46. What is the passage mainly about? A. Features of the planet Jupiter. B. Differences between Jupiter and other planets.
C. Galileo's accomplishments in astronomy. D. How Jupiter moves in the solar system. 47. According to the passage, which of the following is TRUE about Jupiter? A. It is the brightest object in the sky. B. One of its four moons might have an ocean. C. It is the fourth planet from the sun. D. Either Pluto or Mercury is bigger than it. 48. According to Paragraph 3, why is Galileo's discovery important? A. Because Jupiter was thought to be smaller than Earth. B. Because people knew that Earth is not the only planet. C. Because it meant that the planet goes around the Earth. D. Because it proved that Earth is not the centre of the universe. 49. The underlined word “revolved” in the third paragraph is closest in meaning to A. approached B. stopped C. sped up D. circled .
50. Where would the following sentence best fit into Paragraph 4, (A), (B), (C) or (D)? This means that one year on Jupiter is as long as 11.6 Earth years. B) 非选择题：阅读下列材料，然后按要求完成所给出的题目。(答案写在答题纸上) A
Questions 51—54: Complete the table according to the passages with no more than three words in each blank.
Questions 55—56: Answer the following questions briefly. 55. What is the main purpose of “Open Evenings” at the University of Westminster? 56. How many words does the thesis of an EdD programme have to contain? B
Questions 57—60: Read the extract from the Radio Times carefully. Answer the questions or complete the sentence. 57. What does “News on the hour” mean? 58. What time is the first weather forecast? 59. The last news summary on Radio 3 is at ________. 60. Who produces the programme on Radio 2 at 8.30 pm?
C What would your teacher think if you walked into class and said,“Hey buddy, what's up?” He would probably think you were impolite for speaking too casually. A better greeting might be, “Good morning, sir.” This is one example showing how English usage depends on a particular relationship. As you can see, English has no honorifics (敬语) in the language itself, unlike Korean and Japanese. Instead, English speakers show respect by speaking politely and formally. This is particularly true when you are making requests. Imagine you are at dinner with an American host family. A basic rule to keep in mind is always to use “please” and “thank you” when you ask for something. “Pass me the salt” is considered a rude command!“Pass me the salt, please” is fairly polite. To ask even more politely, English speakers use “would you” or “could you” at the beginning of requests: “Would you please pass me the salt?” Another way to show respect in English is through the use of titles. In formal situations you should call a person Mr., Mrs., or Ms. Certain professions have titles as well. For example, doctors are called Dr. instead of Mr., Mrs., or Ms. A person who holds a PhD is also called “doctor”. Judges also have a special title, “Your Honour”, in the courtroom. Finally, a police officer should be addressed as “Officer”. (64) Even though the English language does not have honorifics in the language form, it is important to show respect in certain situations. With close friends you can use slang and casual language. However, you should take care to speak differently to older people, or those who you don't know very well. (65) Also when you're not sure which level of formality to use, you should be more formal than not formal enough, just as you would in Korean or Japanese. Questions 61—63: Answer the questions or complete the sentence. 61. What is the passage mainly talking about? 62. There are two ways for English speakers to show respect in oral communication. What are they? 63. When you talk to a police officer who is going to give you a ticket for speeding, you should call him or her “________”.
Questions 64—65: Translate the underlined sentences into Chinese. III. 完形填空(Cloze) (共 15 小题；每小题 1 分，计 15 分) 阅读下面短文，在空白处填上适当的单词，使短文语义完整。每空一词。(答案写在答题纸上)
It is probable that until two hundred years ago, (66)________ had never been seen by any human eyes. The (67)________ people who are known to have seen it were hunters on ships in 1819. Two years (68)________, one of them managed to land there even (69)________ conditions prevented him from exploring very far. Larger scientific expeditions (考察) later came to the Antarctic to find out more. By the end of the nineteenth century they had (70)________ in mapping the coast of the continent, in spite of the fact (71)________ Antarctica is almost entirely covered by a thick sheet of (72)________ which in places stretches (延伸) far beyond the edge of the land onto the (73)________. There was something (74)________ which attracted people to Antarctica besides scientific (75)________. This was the South (76)________. A number of attempts to reach it were made in the early years of the twentieth (77)________, but the first person to get there was the Norwegian, Roald Amundsen, in 1911. Travelling with dogs (78) ________ pull the sledges (雪橇) which carried his party's supplies, he arrived at the pole five weeks (79)________ his rivals (对手), a British group led by Robert Scott. Despite the terrible weather, many nations now have scientific bases on Antarctica,(80)________ out research on a great range of subjects. IV. 翻译(Translation) (共 5 小题；每小题 2 分，计 10 分)
用括号中所给的词语将下列句子译成英语。(答案写在答题纸上) 81. 新教学楼以纪念本校的第一位校长而命名。(in honour of) 82. 她要我注意报告中的一处错误。(draw one's attention) 83. 当看到那个男孩溺水时，他毫不犹豫地跳入河中。(without hesitation) 84. 这个案件中的原因与结果很难联系在一起。(relate to) 85. 由于生病，杰克已经四天没上班了。(absent) V. 短文改错(Error correction) (共 10 小题；每小题 1 分，计 10 分) 此题要求改正所给短文中的错误。对标有题号的每一行作出判断：如无错误，在该行右边横线上画一个勾 (√)；如有错误(每行只有一个错误)，则按下列情况改正： 此行多一个词：把多余的词用斜线(\)划掉，在该行右边横线上写出该词，并也用斜线划掉。 此行缺一个词：在缺词处加一个漏字符号(∧)，在该行右边横线上写出该加的词。 此行错一个词：在错的词下划一横线，在该行右边横线上写出改正后的词。 注意：原行没有错的不要改。(答案写在答题纸上) I am writing this leaflet because I want everyone know what a wonderful town I live in. 86. ________ Not many people live here, so it is a quiet and peace place. Many visitors come here 87. ________ to relax and recovered after an illness. Many famous people have visited this town. For example, 88. ________ Julia Roberts, David Copperfield and Elizabeth Taylor all came here in last year. 89. ________ They were feeling badly when they arrived but they soon stopped feeling ill here. 90. ________
The town is surrounded by high mountain and has wonderful fresh air. 91. ________ If you feel fit enough, you can rent a bicycle and go for a ride into the mountains. If you 92. ________ come in winter, you will be able to go skiing. Some people may wonder that what 93. ________ there is to do in the evenings in such a small town. There are several fine restaurants and 94. ________ clubs and the nightlife is really unexpectedly good. We look forward to see you. 95. ________
VI. 智力测试(IQ) (共 5 小题；每小题 1 分，计 5 分) 回答下列问题。(答案写在答题纸上) 96. Add a letter somewhere in each of words on the left so that they match the clue ( 线索). The first one has been done as an example. The letters in the boxes spell out a word.
97. I met four of my old school friends today. In the morning I first saw Patricia and later Richie. Then in the afternoon I saw Christabel. Whom did I encounter in the evening? Was it Thora, Stella, Thelma or Sally?
98. Looking at lines across and down, if the first two tiles (瓷砖) are combined to produce the third tile, with the exception that like symbols ( 符号) are cancelled out, which of the above tiles is incorrect,and with which of the tiles below should it be replaced?
99. 0, 1, 2, 4, 6, 9, 12, 16, ? What number should replace the question mark? 100. The cost of an identical (完全相同的) three-course lunch for four people was ￡56.00. The main course cost twice as much as the sweet and the sweet cost twice as much as the starter. How much did the main course cost per person?
VII. 写作 (Writing) (共 2 题；A 题满分 10 分，B 题满分 20 分，计 30 分) A) You are going to England for a few months with a friend. You need to find somewhere to stay. You have found some information and have written some notes. Write to your friend giving your opinion of the different places. Say what you can do if you stay in each place. Write a letter in about 80 words in an appropriate style. Do not write any addresses. (10 分)(答案写在答题纸上)
注：住宿 accommodation B) Your classmates have recently had a discussion about how much freedom parents should allow young people to have nowadays. Your teacher has asked you to write a composition giving your own views on the following statement: Young people are given too much freedom nowadays by their parents. Write your composition in 120—150 words. （20 分）（答案写在答题纸上） 2006 年全国中学生英语能力竞赛(NEPCS)决赛高二年级组试题参考答案 听力部分(共四大题，计 30 分)
I． 句子理解(Statements) 1—5 ACBDB II． 问句应答(Responses) 6—10 BDCAC III． 对话理解(Dialogues)
A) 11—15 BDCAB B) 16—20 CBDAD IV. 短文理解(Passages) A) 21—25 ADADC B) 26. owner 27. 1605 28. poet 29. beauty 30. nine 笔试部分(共七大题，计 120 分) I. 选择填空(Vocabulary and structure) 31—35 CCBCD 36—40 ABCAD 41—45 ACBCD
II． 阅读理解(Reading comprehension) 46—50 ABDDB 51. Public Services Management 52. Education 53. Master 54. three years 55. Interested people can get more information and meet the staff. 56. 55,000. 57. News at exactly 1 o'clock, 2 o'clock, etc. / News exactly at the beginning of an hour. 58. 6:55 am. 59. 7:00 pm. 60. Robin Sedgley. 61. Different English formalities in different situations. 62. By speaking politely and formally and through the use of titles. 63. Officer. 64. 尽管在英语的语言形式中没有敬语，但在某些场合表示敬意是很重要的。
65. 同样，当你不确定用什么等级的礼节时，你最好像使用朝语和日语那样做到多礼而非欠礼。 III. 完形填空(Cloze) 66. Antarctica67. first 68. later 69. though 70. succeeded 71. that 72. ice 73. sea / ocean 74. else 75. research 76. Pole 77. century 78. to 79. before 80. carrying
IV. 翻译(Translation) 81. The new school building was named in honour of the first headmaster. 82. She drew my attention to an error in the report. 83. When he saw the little boy drowning in the river, he jumped into the water without hesitation. 84. It's difficult to relate cause to effect in this case. 85. Due to the illness Jack has been absent from work for four days.
V. 短文改错(Error correction) I am writing this leaflet because I want everyone∧ know what a wonderful town I live in. 86. to
Not many people live here, so it is a quiet and peace place. Many visitors come here 87. peaceful to relax and recovered after an illness. Many famous people have visited this town. For example, 88. recover Julia Roberts, David Copperfield and Elizabeth Taylor all came here in last year. 89. in
They were feeling badly when they arrived but they soon stopped feeling ill here. 90. bad
The town is surrounded by high mountain and has wonderful fresh air. 91. mountains If you feel fit enough, you can rent a bicycle and go for a ride into the mountains. If you 92. √
come in winter, you will be able to go skiing. Some people may wonder that what 93. that
there is to do in the evenings in such a small town. There are several fine restaurants and 94. √
clubs and the nightlife is really unexpectedly good. We look forward to see you. 95. seeing
VI. 智力测试(IQ) 96. cheat, band, noise, chilly, ideal, snail, beard
The word in the box is MEDICINE. 97. Stella: each name begins with the middle two letters of the previous name 98.
Tile 6 is incorrect and should be replaced by tile E. 99. 20: add 1, 1, 2, 2, 3, 3, 4, 4 100. ￡8.00 per person: starter = 1 unit sweet = 2 units main course = 4 units = 7 units in total VII. 写作(Writing) A) One possible version: Dear Kai, I've got some information about accommodation in England. There are three possibilities. If we stayed in the Lion Hotel, it would be comfortable and also convenient for visiting the sights and enjoying ourselves. The problem is that it is very expensive and I don't think we could afford it. Student flats would only cost ￡250 a month, with electricity extra. We would be able to cook our own food, but we'd have to do the cleaning as well!
We could also stay with a family. It's not as cheap as a flat, but the price includes two meals a day and laundry. It would be a good way to get to know people, but if the landlady was strict, we might not be able to enjoy ourselves very much. What do you think? Let me know soon. All the best, Steve B) One possible version: Young people have more freedom today than they did one hundred years ago, but how much freedom depends on the family. Sometimes parents are too busy to make their children tell them where they are going and they allow them to stay out all night. This isn't a good idea because young people can easily get into trouble by drinking too much or mixing with the wrong people. Parents should warn their children not to drink and smoke too much and definitely not to drink and drive. On the other hand, young people must learn how to be adults. If their parents don't encourage them to do anything on their own they will never manage to be independent. I don't think parents give their children too much freedom in most families, but it is important that parents and children discuss everything, and that there are some rules which the young people agree to keep to. 一、 评分原则： 1． 本题总分为: 30 分。A) 10 分； B) 20 分。按四个档次给分。 2． 评分时，先根据文章的内容和语言初步确定其所属档次，然后以该档次的要求来衡量，确定或调整本 档次，最后给分。 3． 作文词数少于或多于规定词数 20 词的，从总分中减去 2 分。 4． 如书写较差，以至影响交流，将分数降低一个档次。 二、 各档次的给分范围和要求： 第四档(很好)：A) 9—10 分； B) 16—20 分
完全完成了试题规定的要求，覆盖所有内容要点，符合英语表达习惯, 应用了较多的语法结构和词汇，没 有语法和词汇错误，具备较强的语言运用能力，完全达到了预期的写作目的。 第三档(好)：A) 6—8 分； B) 11—15 分 完成了试题规定的要求，应用的语法结构和词汇能满足题目的要求，符合英语表达习惯, 基本没有语法和 词汇错误，达到了预期的写作目的。 第二档(一般)：A) 3—5 分； B) 6—10 分 未恰当完成试题规定的要求，漏掉内容要点，未描述清楚主要内容，写了一些无关内容，有语法和词汇错 误，影响了对写作内容的理解，信息未能清楚地传达给读者。 第一档(差)：A) 1—2 分； B) 0—5 分 未完成试题规定的要求，明显遗漏主要内容，写了一些无关内容，语法结构单调，词汇项目有限，有较多 语法和词汇错误，影响对写作内容的理解，信息未能传达给读者。 0分 未能传达给读者任何信息：没有内容或内容太少，无法评判，写的内容均与所要求内容无关或所写内容无 法看清。 2006 年全国中学生英语能力竞赛(NEPCS)决赛高二年级组试题听力部分录音原文 Part I. Statements Listen to the following statements and decide which statement or picture is true for each sentence. Each statement will be read only once. 1. I'm surprised the task took me so long to finish. 2. The results of the examination will be published towards the end of December. 3. I was busy in the office. Meanwhile my friends were enjoying their day off. 4. Reports of UFO sightings date back thousands of years to the Egyptian and Roman empires. 5. French people say that they can do without the sun but cannot do without wine. Part II. Responses
Listen to the following questions and choose the best response to each question. Each question will be read only once. 6. Nice coffee, isn't it? Do you want some more, mum? 7. You look so nice. How are you these days? 8. Thanks. When do I have to return these books? 9. Where can I find some outdoor chairs? 10. Hi, Judy. Have you got any plans for this three-day weekend? Part III. Dialogues A) Listen to the following mini-dialogues and choose the best answer to each question. Each dialogue and question will be read twice. 11. W: Excuse me. I'm afraid you didn't give me the exact change. M: Oh really? Let me see. You bought two pairs of jeans for sixty pounds. W: I gave you one hundred pounds, but you gave me only twenty pounds back. M: Oh, I'm terribly sorry. Here is twenty pounds. Question: How much change should the man have given to the woman? 12. W: What's your typical weekend like? M: I'm so tired these days, so I just stay home and watch TV. W: I see. You know some exercise and fresh air will do you good. Question: What does the man do on a typical weekend? 13. W: Are you new here in this building? M: Yes, I am. I'm moving into apartment 6A. W: Good!I live next door to you. I'm Karen. Welcome to our neighbourhood! M: Thank you. I think I'll like it here. Question: What's the possible relationship between the speakers?
14. W: They said you're going to be cast for the leading role in that new TV play series. M: Oh, my goodness!I can't believe it. Am I really going to play that role? W: You bet! Question: What's the occupation of the man? 15. M: Excuse me. I just came in on flight 381. Where do I pick up my lugguage? W: That'll be area three. M: Thanks a lot. W: Anytime. Question: Where does the conversation possibly take place? B) Listen to the following dialogue. According to the dialogue choose the best answer to each given question. The dialogue will be read twice. W: Hello James, are you there? Can you hear me? M: Hi, Rachel. Yes, I can hear you very well. W: How do you feel? M: I'm fine. W: Where're you now, James? M: I'm about 100 kilometres off the coast of Australia. So it's not far to the finish. W: Do you think you're going to win, James? M: Well, I haven't seen another boat for a few days. It's a really amazing feeling to be alone in the middle of the ocean. I think I might win. W: Could it be that you're last, James, and the others have all finished? Just joking, of course!What's the weather like? M: Last week there was a terrible storm. It was really loud and quite frightening and I didn't sleep for three days but now the weather's completely different. The sea's calm, so beautiful, the sun's shining, and it's almost too hot.
W: Can you see any dolphins there? M: I can sometimes see sharks and dolphins swimming in the distance as well as many different kinds of birds. W: I'm on my way to join you, out of this noisy studio!What's the first thing you'll do when you get to Australia? M: I'll spend two hours in a hot bath, I think—oh, and I must get my hair cut. After that, I would like to... Part IV. Passages Passage A Listen to the following material and choose the best answer to each question. The material will be read twice. Is everybody here? Good. Now listen carefully. I hope you've all had a good day today. I wish the weather were better here for you. It's very unusual to have so much snow and rain here at this time of year. Some of you were asking about tomorrow. Well, we're going unless the weather gets much worse during the night. OK? So, provided that it doesn't snow too heavily tonight, I'll see you back here at six o'clock. Set your alarms for 5:30. We'll take our breakfast with us because we won't reach the top of the mountain unless we set out early, before it's light. So be here tomorrow morning with everything you need. You've all got a list —you need a whistle in case you get separated from the rest of the group, warm waterproof clothes and gloves, and a good pair of boots. Don't forget the maps I gave you. I'd rather you didn't bring large cameras and video cameras. Now, is everyone happy and looking forward to tomorrow? You all look rather worried. There's really no need. As long as we all stay together and you follow my instructions, we'll have a great time. I've never lost anyone up there yet! I wish you'd come a few weeks ago when the weather was better because we could have done so
many more walks then. Never mind, there's always next year. It's time we had dinner now, so if anyone has any questions, you can ask me on the way to the dining hall. Let's go in. Passage B Listen to the following material and fill in the missing information in the numbered spaces. The material will be read twice. Welcome, everybody, to Claremont Castle. I'm Jasper Claremont and this has been my family's home, where we've lived for over four hundred years, since the time of Edmund Claremont, who first lived here in 1600. This room is the great hall and the paintings you can see here are our oldest portraits. The painting we're looking at now shows Edmund himself. Do you see the ship in the background? It's the one which he was captain of during a famous naval victory. This victory was the reason why he became a national hero. He was given the piece of land where Claremont Castle now stands as a reward. The next painting shows Edmund's wife Margaret, whom he married in 1605. She's wearing all the family jewels. Now let's move on to the picture of Henry and William, their two sons. It's the picture that hangs next to Margaret's portrait, and it's the one I like best. The one who's sitting on the horse is Henry, and William's the one who's holding the book. William, who was his mother's favourite, became a poet, while Henry, whom his father preferred, was more of a man of action. He fought in the Civil War, which broke out in 1642. Unfortunately, he supported the side which lost. We don't know much about the woman he married, and he had no children; but William, whose wife Jane was a famous beauty, had nine children, all of whom survived. Here they are in this picture from the year when their youngest son was born. Now, if I can lead you into the dining-room, where we'll see some more recent pictures...
copyright ©right 2010-2020。