高一英语同步练习： Unit 5
第 2 课时 Reading 基础练习 一, 回忆下列单词的词性和汉语意思: various cartoon fantasy swung ___________ __________
attraction ___________ tourism ____________
carpenter ___________ engine preserve length deed __________ __________ __________ __________
tournament ___________ amusement park ____________ roller coaster _________ fairy tale ____________ no wonder ___________ be modeled after __________
二, 阅读 Pre-reading
1. What do you think a theme park is?
2. What kind of activities do people do in the theme park?
Fast reading How many theme parks are mentioned in the passage? And what are they?
Careful reading: Finish the excises for language learning. 实战演练 一. 阅读课文，从中找到下列各句，译成汉语,并完成下面的相关练习. 1. a. Theme parks—fun and more than fun ____________________________ ____________________________ b. 她不仅仅是一位语文老师, 还是一位作家. ____________________________ ____________________________ c. 我已经认识大卫超过 20 年了. ____________________________
____________________________ d. 我非常乐意帮助你. ____________________________ ____________________________ 2. a. Whichever and whatever you like, there is a theme park for you. _____________________________ ______________________________ b. 无论走那条路都要三个小时. It takes three hours,____________. c. 挑个最适合你戴的帽子. Take_____________ suits you best. d. 不论谁赢,我都高兴. _______________, I shall be satisfied. e. 无论用什么方法做, 结果都一样. It has the same result, __________________. f. 你可以写你喜欢写的任何题目. You can write about __________. g. 无论我说什么,他都不会听我的. He wouldn’t listen to me, _________________. 3. a. As you wander around the fantasy amusement park, you may see Snow White or Mickey Mouse in a parade or on the street.
____________________________ ____________________________ 用 when,和 as 填空: b.______ John arrived, I was cooking lunch.
c. ______ he grew older, he lost interest in everything except gardening. d. How can he get good grades ______ he won’t study. e. I was wandering through the street _______ I caught sight of a tailor’s shop. 想想 as 还有什么意思? 翻译下句中 as 的意思. f. He works as a teacher. ________________ g. She sings as well as her sister. _________ h. We all like her as she is kind. __________ i. Tired as they were, they walked on. _____ j. Let’s leave the room as it is. ___________ 4. a. With all these attractions, no wonder tourism is increasing wherever there is a Disneyland. ____________________________________________________ ________________ b. 难怪你累了呢, 你一直走了好几个小时. ____________________________________________________ ________________
c. 难怪你来得这么迟. (It’s no wonder that) ____________________________________________________ ________________ d. 哪有水,哪就有生命. ____________, __________. 5. a. Some parks are famous for having the biggest or longest roller coasters,………. ____________________________________________________ ________________ b. 法国以其葡萄酒而闻名. (be famous for) _____________________________________________________ _________________ 用介词 as 或 for 填空: c. Einstein was famous ________ a great scientist. d. The area is famous _______ a green tea producing place. e. The area is famous _______ producing green tea. f. This grammar book is famous ________ its practical usage. g. This book is famous _______ a reference book. h. 同义短语为: ___________________________________ 6. a. Come to Hollywood to have fun learning all about America’s historical southeastern culture. ____________________________________________________
________________ b. 我们一起打球,实在痛快.
____________________________________________________ ________________ c. 在暴风雪的天气走回家很困难. (have difficulty / trouble (in) doing / with sth.) _____________________________________________________ ___________________ 二. 改错. 1. She is more famous for a writer than a singer. 2. I have come true my dream. 3. What a fun it is to meet your favorite fairy tale character in the theme park. 4. It’s really fun of visiting different theme parks. 5. I was frightening to death when seeing the terrifing scene. 6. We have no difficulty to find our way home. 三. 汉译英: 1. 你熟悉这款计算机软件吗? (be familiar with) (软件: software) ______________________________________ 2. 人的梦想并非总能实现. (come true )
______________________________________ 3. 这是送给我其中一个孩子的礼物. (one of) ______________________________________
4. 他丝毫不懂企业管理.(run a business) ______________________________________ 5. 他模仿父亲的一举一动. (model after) ______________________________________ 反馈检测 一, 单项选择 1. ----- Do you need any help, Lucy? ----- Yes. The job is ________ I could do myself. (2007 福建, 34) A. less than B. more than C. no more than D. not more than 2. --- What does the model plane look like? ---- Well, the wings of the plane are ______ of its body. A. more than the length twice. length C. more than twice the length length. D. more twice than the B. twice more than the
3. The faces of four famous American presidents on Mount Rushmore can be seen from a ________of 60 miles. A. length C. space B. way D. distant
4. _________ are better than words when people need help. A. Operations C. Deeds B. Performance D. Carrying
5. This album is _________ as it was the only one ever signed by the President. A. unusual C. rare B. unique D. strange
6. He worked hard for six years and at last his wish __________. A. realized C. came true B. carried out D. got over
7.(2007 湖北, 27) If we can ________ our present difficulties, then everything should be all right. A. come across C. come over B. get over D. get off
8. To our ________ , the super star jumped on and off the stage. A. activity C. entertainment B. recreation D. amusement
9. Stop looking for the perfect job---- it’s just a _________
A. memory C. fancy B. fantasy
10. ---- Brad was Jane’s brother! ----________ he reminded me so much of Jane! A. No doubt C. No wonder B. Above all D. Of course
11. You shouldn’t have gone out without an overcoat yesterday. No wonder you _________ a bad cold. A. were caught B. were catching C. have caught D. had caught 12. We're _____to listen to her _____voice. It's_____to hear her sing. A. pleased; pleasing; pleasure B. pleased; pleasant; a pleasure C. pleasing; pleased; a pleasure D. pleasing; pleasant; pleasure 13. The ground is______ with _______ leaves. A. covering, falling B. covered, falling C. covered, fallen D. covering, fallen
14.The foreigner tried his best, but he still couldn't make his point______. A. understand B. understanding C. to understand D. understood 15. (2005 全国) The poor young man is ready to accept _____ help he can get. A. whichever B. however C. whatever D. whenever 16. (2007 山东) Could I speak to _________ is in charge of International Sales, please? A. anyone C. whoever B. someone D. no matter who
17. (2006 江西) In peace, too, the Red Cross is expected to send help________ there is human suffering. A. whoever C. whomever 二, 完形填空 Mice in general are not well-liked, but a mouse named Mickey B. however D. wherever
has been 1 2
the hearts of millions. Movies about Mickey Mouse have with audience 4 3 everywhere for more than forty years. 5 , was born in near 7 Kansas
Walt Disney, Chicago City, 6 1901.
created this lovable cartoon his family moved to
Walt worked for a time as a newsboy. But
enjoyed was drawing pictures. Later when Walt went back to Chicago, he studied cartooning at the Chicago Academy of Fine Arts. His education was interrupted when World War I 8 in 1914. Though he was not 10 9 old enough to join the
army, he wanted to
in some way. He joined the Red Cross and went 11 the war was over.
to France, where he stayed
After the war, Disney returned to Kansas City to work for a company that made fairy story cartoons. This was the kind of work he liked best. He made up his mind to 12 better ways of making the cartoons 14 13 ,
so that cartoon characters would seem
. He bought an old film 15 16 his elder their own
camera and made a few things in his garage. In 1923 he brother, Roy, in Hollywood, California, where they soon company. Sound was just starting great possibilities. He quickly 17 18
in films, and Disney believed it had sound to his cartoons. When he
made Mickey mouse talk on the film screen, audience were quite___19 __. Mickey became great ___20___with both young and old.
1. A. broke C. struck 2. A. disappeared C. public 3. A. mostly C. not nearly 4. A. he C. that 5. A. painting C. character 6. A. where C. what 7. A. that C. what 8. A. was begun C. broke out 9. A. still C. already 10. A. help C. supply 11. A. unless C. until B. hurt D. beaten B. known D. popular B. almost
D. practical B. who D. where B. people D. photos B. which D. that B. all what D. which B. was broken out D. had begun B. yet D. ever B. service D. do B. except D. but
12. A. find C. develop 13. A. move C. be moving 14. A. lives C. alive 15. A. attended C. joined 16. A. set out C. set up 17. A. to use C. to be used 18. A. added C. took 19. A. discouraged C. disappointed 20. A. example C. failure 三. 阅读理解 B. search D. discover B. to move D. moved B. live D. life
B. joined in D. took part in B. set in D. set down B. having been used D. using B. placed D. brought up B. pleased D. frightened B. accident D. success
A O.Henry was a pen name used by an American writer of short stories. His real name was William Sydney Porter. He was born in North Carolina in
1862. As a young boy he lived an exciting life. He did not go to school for very long, but he managed to teach himself everything he needed to know. When he was about 20 years old, O.Henry went to Texas, where he tried different jobs. He first worked on a newspaper, and then had a job in a bank. When some money went missing from the bank. O.Henry was believed to have stolen it. Because of that, he was sent to prison. During the three years in prison, he learned to write short stories. After he got out of prison, he went to New York and continued writing. He wrote mostly
about New York and the life of the poor there. People liked his stories, because simple as the tales were, they would finish with a sudden change at the end, to the readers’surprise. 1.In which order did O.Henry do the following things? a. Lived in New York. b. Worked in a bank. c. Travelled to Texas. d. Was put in prison. e. Had a newspaper job. f. Learned to write stories. A. e, c, f, b, d, a B. c, e, b, d ,f, a C. e, b, d, c, a, f D. c, b, e, d, a, f
2. People enjoyed reading O. Henry’s stories because_____. A. they had surprise endings B. they were easy to understand C. they showed his love for the poor D. they were about New York City 3. O. Henry went to prison because___ A. people thought he had stolen money from the newspaper B. he broke the law by not using his own name C. he wanted to write stories about prisoners D. people thought he had taken money that was not his 4. What do we know about O. Henry before he began writing? A. He was well-educated. B. He was not serious about his work. C. He was devoted to the poor. D. He was very good at learning. 5. Where did O. Henry get most material for his short stories? A. His life inside the prison. B. The newspaper articles he wrote. C. The city and people of New York. D. His exciting early life as a boy. B San Francisco is where I grew up between the ages of two and ten and
where I lived for a period when I was about 13 and again as a married man from the ages of 37 to 51. My mother, who is now 90, still lives in Los Gatos, about 60 miles south of San Francisco. I settled in London over 25 years ago. I was born in New York and I love the United States. I knew it well, having played in every town and, during the war, in every army camp. I have grown new roots in London as I did in France and if I am asked now where I want to live for ever, I would say London. But I will always remain an American citizen. San Francisco, like London, has many parks. Every day my sisters and I were taken to play in the parks as children. I didn’t go to school. My whole formal education lasted three hours when I was five. I was sent to school but came home at noon on the first day and said I didn’t enjoy it, and I hadn’t learned anything. My parents decided, wisely I think, that school was not for me and I never went back. My mother then took over my education and brought up my two sisters and me rather in the way of an English lady who had a good education. A lot of attention was paid to languages and reading rather than sciences and mathematics. Sometimes she taught us herself, but we also had other teachers and we were required to take lessons every day. About once a week we walked to Golden Gate Park and on our walks my mother taught me to read music. One day I noticed a little toy train in the window of a shop
and I remember now how I’ d like to have it. I couldn’t’ t roll my “r” when I was small and my mother, who was very strict with pronunciation, said if I could pronounce an “r” well. I’d have the toy train. I practised and one morning woke everybody up with my “r” s. I got the toy train. I usually get the things I want in life—but I work hard for them. 1. When the writer was twelve he was living in ______. A. San Francisco B. Los Gatos C. London D. a place unknown to the reader 2. During the war, the writer _______. A. became an American soldier B. had grown new roots in London C. gave concerts for soldiers D. left the United States 3. The writer did not attend school in America because _______. A. his mother wanted him to go to school in England B. his parents did not think formal education was proper for him C. his mother wanted him to play outdoors in the parks D. he couldn’t get on well with the other children 4. He had his education all home by_______. A. his mother and other teachers
B. an English lady who had good education C. his mother and two sisters D. teachers of languages and sciences 5. The writer got the little toy train by______. A. borrowing the money for it B. learning to read music C. succeeding in speaking properly D. working hard at his lessons
第 2 课时：Reading 基础练习: 一, 回忆下列单词的词性和汉语意思: various cartoon fantasy swung adj. 不同的; 各种各样的 n. 卡通 n. 幻想,怪念头 swing 的过去式
n. 秋千; 摇摆 vt&vi 摇摆; 摆动 attraction n. 有吸引力的事物;吸引 tourism carpenter engine preserve n. 旅游业 n. 木匠 n. 引擎, 发动机 vt. 保存; 保留 n. 保护区
length deed n. 长度 n. 行动,事迹 锦标赛 游乐园 过山车 神话故事 难怪; 不足为奇
tournament n. amusement park roller coaster fairy tale no wonder be modeled after 二, 阅读 Pre-reading: 1.
A theme park is a large area which is designed around one subject such as water, food, culture, science or history.
2. Theme parks offer different kinds of activities related to the theme. For example, a sports theme park will offer visitors sports to play or watch, and they can buy sports equipment or clothing, such as basketballs, footballs, sneakers and so on. Fast reading: Three theme parks are mentioned. They are Disneyland, Dollywood, and Camelot. 实战演练: 一. 阅读课文，从中找到下列各句，并译成汉语。 1. Theme parks—fun and more than fun
a.主题公园----是娱乐又不仅仅是娱乐. b. She is more than a Chinese teacher, she is a writer, too. c. I’ve known David for more than 20 years. d. I am more than glad to help you. 2. Whichever and whatever you like, there is a theme park for you. a. 不论你喜欢哪一个,喜欢什么,总会有适合你的主题公园. b. It takes three hours, whichever route you take. c. Take whichever that suits you best. d. Whichever side wins, I shall be satisfied. e. It has the same result, whichever way you do it. f. You can write about whatever topic you prefer. g. He wouldn’t listen to me, no matter what I said. 3. As you wander around the fantasy amusement park, you may see Snow White or Mickey Mouse in a parade or on the street. a.当你在梦幻乐园漫步时, 你可能会在游行队伍中或者街上看到白雪公主或米 老鼠. b. When f. 作为 i. 尽管 c. As d. when e. when
g. 像…..一样 j. 如同,按照
4. With all these attractions, no wonder tourism is increasing wherever there is a Disneyland. a.有这么多引人入胜的东西, 难怪哪里有迪斯尼乐园, 哪里的旅游业就会发展.
b. No wonder you are tired, you have been walking for hours. c. It’s no wonder that you are late. d. Wherever there is water, there is life. 5. Some parks are famous for having the biggest or longest roller coasters,………. a. 一些公园因为有最大或者最长的过山车而出名. b. France is famous for its wine. c. as g. as d. as e. for f. for
h. be known as/ for
6. Come to Hollywood to have fun learning all about America’s historical southeastern culture. a. 欢迎来好莱坞享受了解美国东南部历史文化乐趣. b. We had great fun playing basketball together. c. We had great difficulty walking home in the snowstorm. 二. 改错. 1. for 改成 as
2. I have made my dreams come true. I have realized my dream. 3. 4. 去a 去 of
5. frightening 改成 frightened 6. Ｗe have no difficulty finding our way home.
三. 汉译英; 1.
Are you familiar with the computer software?
2. One’s dreams do not always come true. 3. It’s a present for one of my children. 4. He has no idea how to run a business. 5. He modeled himself after his father. 反馈检测： 一:单选 1-5: BBACB 二:完形 1-5: CDBBC 三: 阅读 A) 1-5: BADDC B) 1-5: DCBAC 6-10: ACCBA 11-15: CAACC 16-20: CCABD 6-10: CBDBC 11-15: CBCDC 16-17:CD
copyright ©right 2010-2020。