Student’s Book 6
Reading &Writing Culture corner
Culture Corner–1. Brainstorming (3ms)
Do you know how to make
a small talk?
Culture Corner–2. Answering Read the passage and answer the questions.
? What does the AAA mean?
? How does the AAA model work?
AAA stands for answer, add and ask.
? Is the AAA model a good idea while making small
The speakers answer the question, add a piece of information, and then ask a question. open
talk with someone you don’t know in China?
Culture Corner–3. Role-play Make a conversation in the following circumstances by using the AAA model.
1. asking the teacher for help and advice
2. greeting a teenager / stranger
3. talking with a foreigner
Reading & Writing –1.Answering Read the e-mail and answer the questions.
Alex wants to ask for some advice. He needs to know what he can talk about with the Chinese people he meets. Are there any questions that you shouldn’t ask people in China?
Can you find out the questions Alex has?
What’s the main purpose of this email?
What sort of things do Chinese teenagers like talking about?
What sort of things do they find boring?
Reading & Writing –2 .Discussion
1. Are there any questions that you shouldn’t ask people in China? 2. What sort of things do Chinese teenagers like talking about?
3. What sort of things do they find boring?
Reading & Writing –4 .Writing Try to write a reply. Answer the main questions and offer other advice.
Sentences you may use
1. Very nice to hear from you.
2. Thank you for your interesting email.
3. How are you ? It’s long time since I heard from you.
4. I hope this information has been useful.
5. Best of luck at the Chinese Embassy.
6. Looking forward to hearing from you again soon.
Reading & Writing –5 . Peer checking and rewriting
Read your writing to your partner. Check and rewrite your writing according to the following. Then share it with the whole class.
?Do you know the writer’s attitude and emotion? ?Are there any good connecting words or phrases? ?Are there any good phrases or sentences? ?Are there any spelling mistakes?
Try to make a list with your group members about the expression that you need during the English class, in the following circumstances:
1. Asking the teachers for help and advice 2. Working in the small group 3. Apologizing and explaining
copyright ©right 2010-2020。