Module 1 Unit 1 Friendship
Section I. 课本扫描
1. ignore vt. 忽视→ignorance n. 无知→ignorant adj. 词 汇 词形
2. dusk n.黄昏，傍晚→dusky adj.昏暗的；黑
3. add v.增加→addition n. 添加，附加→
1. 2. 3. 重点 单词 4.
upset adj. 心烦意乱的，不安的；不适的 vt. (upset, upset) concern v. 担忧；涉及；关系到 使不安；使心 烦 settle vt. 安家；定居；停留vt. 使定居，安家； 解决 suffer v. 遭受；忍受；经历
5. disagree vi. 不同意
6. recover v. 痊愈；恢复；重新获得 7. grateful adj. 感激的；表示谢意的
pack v. 捆扎；包装；打倒；n.小包
9. calm v. (使)平静；（使）镇定 adj. 平静的、沉着 的
1.add up 合计 2.go through 经历；经受 3.on purpose 故意 4.get along with 与……相处； 进展
5.in order to 为了……
6.set down 放下；记下；登记 7.suffer from 遭受；患病 8.get/be tired of 对……厌烦 9.face to face 面对面地
10.pack (sth.) up 将……打包
1. Mother asked her if / whether she was very hot with so many clothes on. 重点句子 2. I don?t set down a series of facts in a diary as most people do… 3. … it was the first time in a year and a half that I?d seen the night face to face. 重点语法 直接引语和间接引语（见语法专题P323）
一、核心单词 1. upset [?p'set] adj. 心烦意乱的，不安的；不适的
vt. (upset, upset) 使人心烦；使不安
(1) He was upset at not being invited. 人家没邀请他，他很不痛 快。 (2) Don?t upset yourself — no harm has been done. 不要难过，并没有造成伤害。
(3) Don?t get me upset today, okay? You know I don?t like to get
归纳：be upset by…被……打乱 be upset with sb. 与某人感到心烦意乱 小练：用upset的适当形式填空 (1) Is it _________ upsetting you, dear? (2) She felt rather ______ upset on hearing the news. (3)You?s not still _______ upset with me, are you?
upset (4)She was really_________ about the way her father treated her .
2. concern [k?n's?:n] v. 担忧；涉及；关系到 n. 担心，关注；(利害)关系
(1) The news concerns your son.
这消息与你儿子有关。 (2) Our losses are beginning to concern me. 我们损失使我担心 起来。 (3) Our main concern is that they are not receiving enough help.
归纳：concern for/about/over sth. 对某事的担心或忧虑 be concerned about/for…担心……；关心……
be concerned in/with 与……有关；涉及
as/so far as…be concerned 就……而言；依……之见 小练：用concern的适当形式填空 (1) There is an article that concerns _______ the rise of the prices. (2) The children are rather concerned _________ about their mother?s health.
(3) Officials should concern ______ themselves _______ with public affairs.
3. suffer ['s?f?] v. 遭受；忍受；经历 (1) Do you suffer from headaches? 你常头痛吗？ (2) She?s suffering from loss of memory. 她患有失忆症。
疾 病的词 suffer from/with/for sth. 感到疼痛、不适、悲伤等；
小练：中英互译 (1) We suffered huge losses in the financial crisis.
(2) 他的脚痛得不得了。 He suffers terribly with his feet. ______________________________________________
4. disagree [?dis?'ɡri:] vt. 不同意 (1) Even friends sometimes disagree with each other. 即便是朋友也 有时意见不一。 (2)We disagreed on future plans. 我们对未来的计划产生了分歧。 归纳：disagree to 对……有异议 disagree with 不同意；不改；不适合 disagree on 对……持有不同看法
小练：根据中文，补充下列句子 (1) 罗马的报道与米兰的不符。 The reports from Rome disagree __________ withthose from Milan. (2) 他不同意让我早些回家。
disagreed to let me go home early. He __________
1. add up 加起来
(1) The waiter can?t add up. 这个服务员不会算账。
(2) Add up all the money I owe you, please. 请把我欠你的钱全部加 起来。 短语归纳：add up sth./add sth. up 把……加起来 add up to (=come to, total)总共有 add to 增加 add…to…把……加到（进）……里
小练：用add的适当形式或构成的词组填空 (1) Will you _____ add some more students to this project? (2) Small numbers __________ add up to a large one. (3) 50 _______ added 50 equals 100. 2. go through 经历；经受；通过；经过 (1) The deal did not go through. 这笔交易未谈成。 (2) She?s been through a bad patch recently.
短语归纳：go after追求，追赶 go ahead前进；请说（做）吧 go by走过，（时间）过去 go along with向前，（与……）一起去
go in for爱好，从事
go out外出；（灯、火）熄灭 go over越过；复习 go up爬上，（价格等）上升
小练：用go 构成的词组填空 (1) Despite the bad weather the party will________. go ahead
go up a little now. People are happy. (2) Prices ______
(3) As time______ goes by my memory seems to get worse . in for a lot of sport. (4) She goes ________
3.on purpose 故意，有目的地 I think she lost the key on purpose. 我认为她是故意丢掉钥匙。 短语归纳：do sth. on purpose 故意做某事 on purpose 表示故意地、有企图、有目的地 小练：用 purpose的相关词汇填空 (1) He went to town ________ on purposeto sell one of his paintings. (2) 这些实验毫无用处。 no useful purpose . The experiments serve no_________________
4. get along with 与……相处；进展
(1) He is not easy-going. It?s very hard to get along with him 他不 是个随和的人，很难相处。 (2) How are you getting along with your work? 工作进展如何？ 短语归纳： get away from离开，逃离 get down下来；写下，取下 get over克服，摆脱 get through通过，做完 get together聚集 get down to (doing)开始认真干……
小练：用get的相关词汇填空 (1) How can we ____________ get away from poverty? (2) Can we __________ this difficulty? get over (3) If you want it, just __________ get through me first.
三、课文回顾 Ann Frank?s family were Jewish so they had to hide away
or they 1 would be caught (catch) by the German Nazis.
During that time she made her diary her best friend because she wouldn?t be afraid that it would laugh at her, 2 or not understand 3 what would
she was going through. In her diary,
she said she had grown 4 crazy(crazily) about everything to do
She remembered that there was a time 6 when a deep blue sky, the song of the birds, moonlight and flowers could never have kept her 7 spellbound stayed awake on purpose until8 (spellbind). One evening, Ann half past eleven in order to
have a good look at the moon by herself. But she failed to do it because the window was shut. However, one day she happened to be upstairs at dusk when the window was open and 9 it 10 had seen was the first time in a year and a half that she (see) the night face to face.
四、句子精析与仿写 1. You want to see a very interesting film with your friend,
but your friend can’t go until he or she finishes cleaning
the bicycle. 你想和你朋友一起看一场很有意思的电影，但 是只有当他/她清洗了单车以后才可以去。 句子分析：not …until/till 直到……才……。如果在否定句 中，前面的动词一般使用短暂性动词；如果用于肯定句， 前面的动词应该使用延续性动词。It was/is not until +被强 调部分that …
仿写： (1) 直到得了重病，他才放弃抽烟。
____________________________________________________ He didn?t give up smoking until he got a serious disease.
(2) 直到看到母亲眼中的泪花，我才意识到母亲是多么难过。 ____________________________________________________ I had not realized how sad my mother was until I saw the tears in her eyes. (3) 直到昨天我才收到你的来信 ____________________________________________________ It was not until yesterday that I got your letter.
2. When he borrowed it last time, he broke it and you had to
pay to get it repaired. 他上一次借它的时候，把它给弄坏
了，而你就不得不找人修理了。 句子分析：get /have sth. done 让某人做某事；get +adj. 表 示状态。注：此处是过去分词作宾补，表示被动和完成。
仿写： (1) 这是不是你想送去修理的收音机？
___________________________________________________ Is this radio the one you would like to have repaired?
I have to get /have my shoes washed tonight because they are too dirty. ___________________________________________________
(3) 当我在国外迷路不得不向当地人问路时，他们却听不懂 我说的话。
___________________________________________________ When I got lost abroad and had to ask a native for direction, I didn?t always make myself understood . ______________________________
3. While walking the dog, you were careless and it got loose and was hit by a car. 你在遛狗的时候不小心让狗松脱了，接 着它被一辆小车撞着了。 句子分析：在状语从句中，当主句和从句的主语一样的时 候，如果从句的谓语动词与从句的主语有主动关系，则把从 句的主语省略，用动词的现在分词形式，如果从句中的动词 为be的话也省去。 仿写：
______________________________________________________ When (I was) in Japan, I took many beautiful pictures. (2) 尽管她精疲力竭，但仍继续工作。
She went on working though (she was) exhausted. ______________________________________________________
4. I wonder if it’s because I haven’t been able to be outdoors for so long time that I’ve grown so crazy about everything to do
with nature. 我不知道这是不是因为我长久无法出门的缘故，
我变得对一切与大自然有关的事物都无比狂热。 句子分析：I wonder+宾语从句是由if引导一个宾语从句，而 在宾语从句中用了强调句型it?s＋被强调部分＋that来强调原 因状语从句because I haven?t been able to be outdoors for so
仿写： (1) 他想知道是否是因为没有按时完成工作就被公司解雇了。
_______________________________________________________ He wondered if it was because he didn?t finish the work on time and was fired by the company. ___________________________
(2) 我想知道是否要接受这个工作。 _______________________________________________________ I wondered if I was to take the job. (3) 我想知道你是怎样做这件事的。
I was wondering how you did it. _______________________________________________________
5. …I stayed awake on purpose until half past eleven one evening in order to have a good look at the moon for once by myself.
还特意不上床睡觉。 句子分析：stay+adj. 保持，作连系动词一般后面加上形容词 作表语，表示一种状态；stay还可以作实义动词表示“停留或 者逗留”。in order to do. . .为了，在句中作目的状语，可以放
在句首也可放在句末。与它相同意思的短语是so as to do，但
仿写： (1) 这扇窗子整夜开着。
______________________________________________ The window stayed open all night.
(2) 那晚他留下来在办公室里干了些活。 ______________________________________________ That evening he stayed in the office to finish some work. (3) 为了实现他的梦想，他经历了许多艰辛。 （in order to, suffer）
______________________________________________ In order to realize his dream, he suffered great hardship.
(4) 为了不丢掉工作，她一直女扮男装。 ______________________________________________ She dressed herself as a man in order not to /so as not to lose the job.
6. …it was the first time in a year and a half that I’d seen the night face to face………这是我一年半以来第一次欣赏夜景…… 句子分析：It is/was the +序数词+ time(that) +主语+完成时。这是 一个固定句式，“这是某人第几次做某事”，it可换成this或that; first可换成second, third等，以表达不同的意思。
It is the second time that he have taken a trip to China. ______________________________________________
(2) 我相信那是我第四次获得该奖。 I believe it is the fourth time that I have got the prize. ______________________________________________
Section II. 读写强化
What do you think friends are?
Friends should be the people you feel safe around when you have
difficulties or when you are in trouble. A friend is a person whose
hand you can hold, or he or she will stick with you and help you to solve some troubles even you never hope he/she could do.
2. And what can we do for friends？
We can help them out of the difficult situation and try our best to comfort them.
3. What can we get from friends? We can get help, support and encouragement from friends.
4. What will you do or say to your friend if he or she asks you to help do something wrong? I will explain why it is wrong and give him or her some good advice. 5. How to explain the proverb “A friend in need is a friend indeed”?
That means a friend who helps you when you need is a true friend.
二、美文欣赏与模仿 A life without～a friend∕is a life without～a sun. Friendship∕is one of the most↗important things∕in everyone’s life↘. But what～is friendship↘? Friends∕are who change a part～of your life, make～you
believe∕that there～is true love in the world∕and convince～
you∕that there really～is an unlocked door∕just waiting for you to open～it.
When you’re down, friends lift～you up. When you lose～
your way, friends guide～you∕and cheer you on. So cherish～ your friends. This is Forever Friendship.
1. All of us are _________ concerned about the earthquake-hit area. As far as I
am __________, _______ the concerned lack of enough food, water and clothes concerns health of the people there. (concern) 2. I can forgive your ignorance ________but I won?t forgive your rudeness. You can ________me, but you mustn?t ignore the rules. ignore He is just ________. ignorant He isn?t stupid. (ignore)
3. My teacher gave me some useful ________, advice which _______ advises me on how to learn English effectively. (advice)
4. After the president came to _______, power all the polls said he was a
powerless that he couldn?t control ______ leader, but now he felt so _________
the rioting. (powerful) 5. My father _______ suffers from high blood pressure .There is so much ________ suffering that he is a ________ sufferer at home. (suffer) 6. In the 17th century, the British crowded into America and many
settlements were set up for the________ to ________down. (settle) ________ settle settlers
7. The door won?t close. The screws(螺钉)are _______. (loose) loose The farmers _______ loosen the soil before sowing the seeds.
8. He is so fond of _______ outdoor activities that he sometimes even sleep
_______. (outdoors) outdoors 9. The _______village was under the water. The crops were entire _______destroyed. (entire) entirely 10. Uncovering _________ the big block of store, he __________a discovered very big snake, which terrified him. It took quite a while for him to recover _______from the terror. (recover)
face to face 1. The burglar turned around the corner and found himself________
with a policeman.
2. She?s been _________________a bad patch recently. going through
3. She seems to do these things _________ on purpose .
4. He was too proud to ________ join in our fun. 5. People use more than words when they ________________ communicate with each other.
6. We are all _____________________ her safety. concerned for/about 7. We only moved house last week and we haven?t _________ settled in yet. come into power next month. 8. The new government will _____________ Calm down , there is nothing to worry about. 9. _________ 10. I __________ fell in love with her at first sight.
词数： 379 建议用时：20分钟 难度：★★★ 秘 技巧点拨 注意名词的基本意义与搭配 (如：名词与动词、介词的搭配 关系等)。 诀 探 真 寻 题 1. Taiwan is the largest island in China. It has an______of about 36, 000 square kilometers...
名 悟 词
1. are a of后面有具体数字，可知空格处为an area面积，has
an area of...拥有……面积。 2. They planned weeks ahead of time, asking _____what they wanted for Christmas. Fortunately, I had saved $120 for presents to share by all five of us. 2. one another/each other他们（孩子们）在几周前已经准备好 了，并且都互相地问对方要买什么样的圣诞礼物。
3. The system has been designed to give students quick and easy ______to the digital resources of the library. 3. access在此处意为“进入或使用的方法”，学生可
会填rights/way ，但它们后常接to do ；approach意为 “接近，逼近，方法”。 4. From their ______ on the top of the TV Tower, visitors can have a better view of the city.
和 situation“形势，情况，情景”，答案应为 position“位 置”。
图穷 本文中的第1,5,15题就涉及名词的基本词义和搭配，只要 匕现 我们充分利用上下文，就会很容易得到答案。 段落 思 路 盘 剥 Para 1 stranger, Key words Topic sentences I met a Main idea Title Coincidence
but, millions stranger on
a bus a few
Para 2 excellent did not know, next door to
We talked on the first come true.
The author was once met a stranger on a bus who told that the author might friend, and he finally
tennis player, and realized
thought might by chance know his
Para 3 happen to
found it was
happened to know the
each other and stranger?s friend..
The other day I was talking to a stranger on the bus; he told me that he had a good friend in Chicago and he wondered if, by any chance, I happened to know him. For a moment, I thought he might be 1 , but I could tell from the expression on his face that he was not. He was 2 . I felt like saying that it was ridiculous (可 笑的) to 3 that out of all the millions of people in Chicago I could possibly have ever bumped into his friend. But, 4 , I just smiled and reminded him that Chicago was a very big city. He
nodded, and I thought he was going to be content to drop the 5
and talk about something else. But I was 6 . He was silent for a few minutes, and then he 7 to tell me all about his friend.
His friend?s main 8 in life seemed to be tennis. He was an excellent tennis player, and he even had his own tennis court.
There were a lot of people with swimming pools, yet there were
only two people with private tennis courts; his friend in Chicago was one of them. I told him that I knew several people like that, including my brother, who was a doctor in California. He 9 that maybe there were more private courts in the country, than he 10
but he did not know of any others. Then he asked me where my
brother lived in
California. When I said Sacramento, he said that was a
coincidence (巧合) because his Chicago friend spent the summer in Sacramento last year and he lived next door to a 11 who had
a tennis court in his backyard. I said I felt that 12 was a
coincidence because my next-door neighbor had gone to Sacramento last summer and had 13 the house next to my brother?s house. For a moment, we stared at each other, but we did not say anything. “Would your friend?s name happen to be Roland Kirkwood?” I asked finally. He 14 and said, “Yes. Would your brother?s name happen to be Dr. Rey Hunter?” It was my 15 to laugh. “Yes,” I
C 上文说陌生人向作者谈起他的好朋友，想知道作者是不是碰 巧认识他的好朋友。作者开始觉得他这样说可能是在开玩笑。 joking“开玩笑的“。 2.A. funny B. serious C. careful D. disappointed
B 由上一句的“I could tell from the expression on his face that he was not”可知，作者从陌生人脸上的表情看出他不是在开玩笑， 而是认真的。serious“认真的，严肃的”。
A 作者想要说陌生人认为作者在成百万的芝加哥人中能碰见过 他朋友是可笑的。 4.A. indeed B. actually C. instead D. exactly C 由前句可知作者认为陌生人的想法很可笑，but表转折，且由 空后的“I just smiled and reminded him...”推断，作者并没有 说出自己的想法；相反，作者微笑着提醒陌生人芝加哥是一 个很大的城市。
5.A. information C. conversation
B. communication D. Subject
D 由下文的“talk about something else”可知作者认为陌生人会停 止聊这个话题，然后谈论其他的。subject“话题；主题”。
6.A. wrong B. happy C. right D. worded
A 由下一句中的“and then he 7 to tell me all about his friend”可 知，作者本来以为陌生人会聊别的，但是作者错了。wrong“
8.A. problem B. interest C. choice D. work B 由下文“He was an excellent tennis player , and he even had his own tennis court.”可知，陌生人的朋友是个网球手，甚至有自 己的网球场，所以说他朋友的主要兴趣是网球。
9.A. advised B. argued C. admitted D. announced C 陌生人承认在这个国家可能有更多的私人网球场。admit“承 认”。 10.A. recognized B. realized C. visited D. found B 有比他知道的更多的私人网球场。realize“知道，了解”。 11.A. doctor B. friend C. neighbor D. player A 由前面的lived next door可排除C，由后文的Dr.Rey Hunter可知 他是一位医生。
D 作者觉得这真的是巧合。really“确实，真正地”。 13.A. hired B. visited C. designed D. sold A 由空格前后的信息可知，作者的邻居去年夏天去了Sacramento 并且租用了作者哥哥隔壁的房子。hire“租用”。 14.A. smiled B. laughed C. cried D. shouted B 听到作者的问话，陌生人大笑起来。由“It was my 15 to laugh.”可知答案是B项。 15.A. chance B. pleasure C. time D. turn D 轮到作者大笑。It?s one?s turn to do sth.“轮到某人做某事”。
四、语法填空 字数：197 完成时间：10分钟 难度：★★★
It was a very cold evening, an old man was waiting for a ride across the river. He saw several horsemen pass by but he didn?t ask for any help. The wait seemed 1_______ endless (end). Then came another
rider, the old man 2_________ caught (catch) his eye and said, “Sir, would
you mind doing me a favor?”
Stopping his horse, he replied, “Of course.” Almost 3____ frozen (freeze), the old man could not get 4____ off the ground. The
horseman helped him onto his horse. He took the old man not just
across the river, 5____ but to his home. “Sir, you didn?t even ask the other riders for help, why? What 6____ if I had said ?no? and left you there?” the horseman asked.
The old man looked at him straight in the eyes and said, “I which told me it looked into their eyes, I found they didn?t care, 7____ would be useless, but when I looked into 8______, yours I saw kindness.”
what These words touched the rider deeply. “Thank you for 9____
you?ve said, I hope I will never be too busy to help others.” With third (three) president of the US, that, Thomas Jefferson, the 10____ turned his horse around and went away.
1. endless seem为系动词，故接形容词构成表语。
2. caught 此句为and连接的并列句，前后分句都用过去时，故此 动词也用过去时。
3. frozen 在语境中考查分词的使用。
4. off get off下来。 5. but not…but… 不是……而是……。
6. if 考查对what if结构的掌握情况。
7. which 因为有逗号隔开，故用which引导非限制性定语从句。 8. yours 由前文的“look into their eyes”可知此处应用名词性物至 代词，指代your eyes。 9. what 考查名词性从句引导词的使用。 10. third 第三任总统，故用序数词。
五、阅读理解 词数：310 第5题 主旨大 意题的 建议用时：9分钟 难度： ★★★
What would be the best title for this passage? 1.The best title for this passage is______ . 2.The suitable headline for this passage may
3.The title that best expresses the idea of the passage is_________. 4.Which of the following can be the best title of this passage?
技巧一：识别文体； 技巧二：找关联词； 技巧三: 抓线索； 方法 对策
有一个反复出现的中心词，即高频词，也叫做主题 词。本篇中反复出现的词是closeness 和relationship， 因此主题就是它们了。
A new eight-kilometer road is under construction that links the port area with motorway system. It is expected
to carry 20,000 trucks and cars a day, which greatly 解 题 技 真 题 reduces the overcrowded traffic in the center of the city. 巧 As part of the project, two four-kilometer road tunnels 点 回放 拨 are being built below the central area of the city, one for
traffic to the north and the other for the traffic to the
south. The two
tunnels are about 20 meters below the surface and are 12 meters wide, providing for two lanes of traffic in each direction. In the upper part of the tunnel two air-conditioning pipes remove the waste gas of trucks and cars and keep the quality of air inside the tunnel. The lighting is at the top of the tunnel, practically at its highest point. There will also be electric signs at frequent intervals. They show traffic conditions ahead and can be seen clearly by drivers. The wall is made up of four main elements, which include a waterproofing covering and, on the inside of the tunnel, a concrete lining.
Each tunnel is roughly round and the lower part of the tunnel is somewhat flat. The surface of the road lies on the base, which is made of concrete and steel. The drainage system, just below the road surface on one side, removes any extra liquid, particularly water. In the event of fire, the fire main, which is made of steel, pipes water to many fire hydrant stations at regular intervals along the length of the tunnel. The fire main is at the side of the tunnel and at the level of the road surface. Other systems in the tunnel will include emergency
1. The passage is mainly about _____. A. the construction of a road B. the design of a road C. the construction of two tunnels D. the design of two tunnels 这篇文章每段都集中出现了一个相同的词。
(1) As part of the project, two four-kilometer road tunnels. (2) The two tunnels are about 20 meters below the surface.
(1) keep the quality of air inside the tunnel. (2) The lighting is at the top of the tunnel.
(3) on the inside of the tunnel, a concrete lining.
第三段中有三处即： (1) Each tunnel is roughly round.
(2) intervals along the length of the tunnel.
(3) The fire main is at the side of the tunnel and at the level of the road surface.
关。 显然答案会在C和D中产生，而第二段中提到的 inside，top等词显然与设计有关，这样一来答案就是D项。
term(期限)，rub (摩擦)，palm (手掌)，
glue (胶水)，new-found (新发现的)，recommend( 推荐)，desire(欲望；强烈想做……)， respect(尊敬 )
armed robbery (武装抢劫)，be away from (远离；离开)，keep out (阻止，把……挡在外面)， be determined by(由……决定) A relationship will go nowhere without it. Sometimes affection means love. Sometimes it means a touch. Always it means kindness. Learn to be open. Learn to communicate freely. Learn to be open. Learn to communicate freely.
知 Useful 识 phrases 积 累 Useful sentences
My favorite person
My favorite person is __________. The reason why I love him/her is that_____________________. My favorite person is Jack London. The reason why I love him is that he wrote a famous book named The Call of the Wild which attracts me deeply. Key words didn?t want to, be away from, for that long, stuck., rubbed her palms, super glue Topic sentences His wife didn?t want to be away from him for that long. So they held hands and they stuck. She?s rubbed her palms with super glue. Title Closer relationship
篇 段落 章 结 Para 1 构
new-found, closeness, short-lived
The passage use a prisoner?s story to show closeness, If you want more us some tips desire, closeness; if you desire on closer relationships, relationships that are deeper, broader, deeper and broader, more relationships. meaningful, meaningful and longerlonger-lasting, lasting, then remember “TRAVEL” the word “TRAVEL.” relationships, somewhere, remember, “TRAVEL” For relationships that can really go somewhere, just remember the word “TRAVEL”. Then enjoy the trip!
Their new-found closeness was shortlived.
Prisoner Mitchell King had a visitor — his wife. King was serving a six-year prison term in Auckland, New Zealand for armed robbery. But his wife didn?t want to be away from him for that long. So they held hands and they stuck. She?s rubbed her palms with super glue. Their new-found closeness was short-lived. And their separation is painful. Her technique is not one I?d recommend (introduce) for a closer relationship. But if you want more closeness; if you desire relationships that are deeper and broader, more meaningful and longer-lasting, then remember the word “TRAVEL.”
T is for TRUST. Trust is the glue that holds people together (not Super Glue). A relationship will go nowhere without it.
R is for RESPECT. “Do not save your loving speeches for
your friends till they are dead; speak them rather now instead,” writes Anna Cummins. It?s about respecting others and letting them know that you value them. A is for AFFECTION. Sometimes affection means love. Sometimes it means a touch. Always it means kindness.
V is for VULNERABILITY (harm). Though we may feel afraid to let another too close, no relationship will go anywhere
without risking vulnerability. Entrepreneur Jim Rohn says, “The
walls we build around us to keep out the sadness also keep out the joy.” and the love. E is for EMOTIONAL INTIMACY(亲密). Learn to be open. Learn to communicate freely. What kinds of relationships you
make are largely determined by how openly you have learned to
L is for LAUGHTER. Victor Borge got it right when he said, “Laughter is the shortest distance between two people.” It?s also the most enjoyable. For relationships that can really go somewhere, just remember the word “TRAVEL”. Then enjoy the trip! 1. The author intends to _________ by showing us the example in Paragraph 1. A. condemn the wife for her silly behavior
B. introduce new ways for closer relationships
C. tell us King and his wife would never be separated D. encourage us to follow the wife?s technique
2. The underlined word “it” in Paragraph 4 refers to____ .
C. Closeness D. Travel
3. Which of the following agrees with what Jim Rohn says? A. Walls should be built to keep out the sadness.
B. It?s unnecessary to avoid (弱点) for closer relationships.
C. Love will be kept out if you let another too close.
D. We shouldn?t let another too close because of vulnerability.
B 细节理解题。引用Jim Rohn的话是为了说明，如果担心因关 系太近会造成伤害，是没有必要的，因为与他人保持距离的 同时，也就把朋友间的欢乐及关爱给隔开了。
4. What does Victor Borge really mean by his word in the Paragraph 9?
A. Laughter will keep the shortest distance.
B. Laughter will make a closer relationship. C. No relationship will go without laughter. D. Laughter is necessary to make friends. B 细节理解题。笑可以拉近两人的距离，可以促进友谊的发展。
5. What would be the best title for this passage? A. Relationships. B. The story of a prisoner. C. A technique for good relationships.
D. Tips on closer relationships.
谊”发表讲话，鼓励大家要珍惜友谊，包括如下内容： 1. 友谊是人与人的关系，交朋友是人的本性（instinct）； 2. 友谊的作用：有困难时友谊如何给予我们帮助；成功时可以 和朋友分享幸福；
就没有真正地拥有生活。 4. 号召大家要珍惜友谊。
【写作要求】只能使用5个句子表达全部内容。 Friendship is a kind of human relations and it is a human
instinct to make friends. When in trouble, we need friends to offer
us help, support and encouragement. With success achieved, we also need friends to share our joys. Friendship is also one of the greatest pleasures that we can enjoy, so no man can say he has a real life without carefully striving to win the right kind of friends
as he goes along. Knowing how valuable friendship is, we should
value the friendship we have between us students now.
Section Ⅳ. 词汇拓展
utilize 利用 courtesy 礼仪
calumniate 诋毁，诽谤 betray 背叛 entire friendship 纯真的友谊 inseparable 形影不离
clandestine 私下的 pay close attention to 密切关注
see eye to eye 不同意，意见不同 through thick and thin 患难与共
patch up our difference 消除分歧，平息矛盾
clear the air 平静解决问题 amity 友好；亲善关系；友好关系 share happiness and sorrow 患难与共 buddy 做好朋友，交朋友
sincere treatment with each other 肝胆相照
cohort 一群；步兵大队 hostility 不友善
copyright ©right 2010-2020。