第一部分听力（共两节，满分 30 分） 第一节（共 5 小题；每小题 I.5 分，满分 7.5 分） 听下面 5 段对话。每段对话后有一个小题，从题中所给的 A、B、C 三个选项中选出最佳选项， 并标在试卷的相应位置。听完每段对话后，你都有 10 秒钟的时间来回来有关小题和阅读下一小 题。每段对话仅读一遍。 1. When will Susan arrive? A. At 4:3
0 pm. B. At 5:00 pm. C. At 5:20 pm.
2. What does the man mean? A. He likes the purple shirt. B. The shirt doesn't match his hat. C. He will change his hat. 3. Why won't the man go to the girl shop? A. Because it's far away. B. Because the gifts are bad. C. Because it cheats tourists. 4. What does the woman complain about? A. She has to miss a class. B. Her class starts very early. C. Her class ends very late. 5. Where will the man go first? A. To the fitness center. B. To the changing room. C. To the sauna. 第二节（共 15 小题：每小题 15 分，满分 22.5 分） 请听下面 5 段对话。每段对话后有几个小题，从题中所给出的 A、B、C 三个选项种选出最佳选 项，并标在试卷的相应位置。听每段对话前，你将有时间阅读各个小题，每小题 5 秒钟；听完后， 各小题给出 5 秒钟的作答时间。每段对话读两遍。 听第 6 段材料，回答第 6、7 题。 6. How did the boy get wet? A. He was caught in a rain. B. He fell into the river. C. He saved a dog in the water. 7. What do you think of the boy? A. Brave. B. Smart. C. Naughty. 听第 7 段材料，回答第 8 至 10 题。 8. Why did the man lose his job? A. Because he didn't like the job. B. Because he earned little money. C. Because he was dismissed. 9. Who is Mary most probably? A. The man's wife. B.The man's daughter. C. The man's teacher. 10. What are the two speakers talking about? A. A business deal. B. Job hunting. C. A coffee shop.
听第 8 段材料，回答第 11 至 l3 题。 11. Where can American children find Easter eggs? A. On lawns. B. In church bells. C. Behind the door.
12. In which country are children rewarded with colorful eggs for singing? A. America. B. Belgium. C. Austria.
13. What can we learn about Easter eggs? A. Most people hide them. B. People can't eat them. C. Children have fun with them. A. Four. B. Three. C. Two. 听第 9 段材料,回答第 14 至 16 题。 14.What's the main topic about the dialogue? A. Geography of Boston. B. Culture and history of Boston. C.Tourism of Boston.
15. How many universities are mentioned here? A. Four. B. Three. C. Two.
16. Where will they go next? A. To Plymouth. B. To John Hancock Observatory. C. To Kennedy Library. 听第 10 段材料,回答第 17 至 20 题。 17. Which is not included in the reference books? A. Literature guides. B. Telephone books. C. Magazines.
18. In which room could students find academic journals? A. The reference room. B. The periodical room. C. The computer room. 19. What isn't needed to look for a book in the library? A. The book's content. B. The book's title. C. The library card.
20. Who cannot borrow books from the library? A. Graduate students. B. University teachers. C. High school students. 第二部分 英语知识运用（共两节，满分 45 分） 第一节 单选填空（共 15 小题，每小题 1 分，满分 15 分） 从 A、Ｂ、Ｃ、Ｄ、四个选项中，选出可以填入空白处的最佳选项。 21.—Do you fully understand what the teacher said? — _____. I'm a bit c onfused. A. Not likely B. No way C. Not really D. Not nearly
22.—Why did he write to the mayor's office? —_____ about the poor taxi service of the city. A. He complained B. To complain C. Complaining D. Having complained[
23.The number of Chinese students going to America remains 10 times _____ of Americans coming to study in China. A. those B. one C. that D. it
24.What I said in my book may shock some children, ______ I offer my apologies in advance. A. from whom B. for whom C. to whom D. towards whom
25.Reading is indeed good for us all, but such books do not ______ you. A. deal with B. warm up C. agree with D. mix up
26. It is absolutely essential that William ______ his study in spite of some learning difficulties. A. continue B. continued C. has continued D. would continue
27.—How is your new firm? —Well, it will be a year before the firm ______ a profit but at least it ______ even. A. will make; breaks B. makes; is breaking C. will make; is breaking D. makes; breaks 28.As ______ classic movie about courage, struggle, hero and love, Kung Fu Panda II, I believe, will sweep the Oscar Ceremony with many awards, including ______ prize for original screenplay. A. a; the B. a; a C. the; a D. the; the
29. The last time they had a great time was ______ they were skiing in a ski resort, A. where B. how C. when D. what
30. She st arted studying English at college, but ______ to Business Studies in her second year. A. appeal B. submit C. switch D. adapt
31.At a time when we would get lost, a signpost was found ______ the right road for us to follow. A. indicated B. indicating C. to be indicated D. having indicated
32.—I hear that our manager will be on business tomorrow. — ______, I expect him to settle this problem ahead of time. A. If any B. If only C. If not D. If so 33. —The old woman wouldn't stay at home for a rest even if it rained. —_____. She would feel sick if she stayed home for one day. A. So would my grandma B. So wouldn't my grandma D. Nor wouldn't my grandma
C. Neither would my grandma
34.—We will take the College Entrance Examinations soon. Work har d or ______ we'll feel much regret. —I can't agree more. _____. A. One is never too old to learn B. A lazy youth, a lousy age
C. Where there is a will, there is a way D. Failure is the mother of success
35.According to a survey conducted recently in Shanghai, the city is facing a workforce ______ of 150,000 personnel. A. short B. absent C. shortage D. absence 第二节 完形填空（共 20 小题：每小题 1.5 分，满分 30 分） 阅读下面的短文，从短文后各题所给的四个选项（A、B、C 和 D）中，选出可以填入空白处的最 佳选项。 My son is growing up, and it scares me. My chances for guidance 36 day by day. I fear that my influence will be 37 by someone. Still, I repeat the basics and the possible 38 in life to him even though he doesn't want to 39 And I hold my 40 that my guidance will save 41 of us. I know that I haven't lost him 42 , not yet anyway, because of the 43 he gave me the other day when I 44 him off at school. “I love you,”I said, as always, as he took out his schoolbag. 45 , he'll say, “I love you, too, bye,” but he didn't this time, and was OK with it. He's14, what can I 46 ？Then he looked straight at me.“I love you,”he said 47 . He looked into my eyes to see that I heard him. His 48 and that look happened unexpectedly. I couldn't even believe my ears. I know him better than 49 else in the world. I can know what he means — “I love you”, too, Mom.I wanted to say it back to you 50 you said it, but there were some people walking by and they might have 51 me and then teased(嘲弄)me, but I didn't mean to 52 your feelings, and I didn't want you to leave 53 hearing it, because I really do love you.Please 54 . I do understand. I understand that I can't be with him or 55 him every second. Now, I have tried to prepare us both for the separation since he is growing up. 36. A. increase 37. A. repeated 38. A. problems 39. A. listen 40. A. review 41. A. neither B. decrease B. reminded B. answers B. study B. belief B. each C. disappear D. improve
C. replaced D. remained C. mistakes D. enjoyments C. work C. promise C. any D. attempt D. decision D. both D. exactly D. guidance D. rang
42. A. completely B. quickly C. partly 43. A. letter 44. A. took 45. A. Usually 46. A. imagine 47. A. quietly B. gift B . put B. Seldom B. expect B. loudly C. look C. dropped
C. Sometimes D. Never C. suppose C. proudly D. think D. sadly
48. A. cleverness B. feelings 49. A. none 50. A. when 51. A. stared 52, A. influence 53. A. beyond 54. A. realize 55. A. prevent B. someone B. until B. laughed B. show B. without
C. happiness C. anything C. unless C. heard C. hurt C. from
D. anyone D. before D. praised D. arouse D. out D. know D. reject
B. understand C. recognize B. protect C. teach
第三部分 阅读理解（共 20 小题，满分 40 分） 阅读下列短文，从每题所给的四个选项(A、B、C、D)中，选出最佳选项。 A Researchers have found that peoples' mental abilities peak at 22 before beginning to decline just five years later. Professor Timothy Salt house said the results suggested that the treatment designed to prevent or reverse age-related conditions may need to start earlier, long before people retire. Almost half of over 50s are unaware of leading cause of mental abilities' decline. “Results show that some aspects of age-related cognitive decline begin in healthy, educated adults when they are in their 20s and 30s,” he said. The study of 2,000 men and women lasted over seven years. The respondents, aged between 18 -- 60, were asked to solve visual puzzles, recall words and story details and spot patterns in letters and symbols. Similar tests are often used to diagnose mental disabilities and declines , including dementia(痴呆). The research by the University of Virginia found that in 9 0ut of 12tests the average age at which the top performance was achieved was 22. The first age at which performance was significantly lower than the peak scores was 27-for three tests of reasoning, speed of thought and spatial visualization(空间想象力). Memory was shown to decline from the average age of 37. In the other tests, poorer results were shown by the age of 42. However, the report published in the academic journal Neurobiology of Ageing, found that abilities based on accumulated knowledge, such as performance on tests of vocabulary or general information, increased until at the age of 60.
Twenty-seven has long had negativ e connotations, as it is the age at which many popular musicians died, including Jimi Hendrix, Jim Morrison, Brian Jones, Jams Joplin and Kurt Cobain. 56. When do people's mental powers start to decline from the passage? A. At 22. B. At 27. C. At 37. D. At 42.
57. It can be mainly infe rred from Professor Timonthy Salthourse that _____. A. the majority of people over 50 don't know the cause of decline in their mental abilities B. the young between their 20s and 30s .start earlier in cognitive decline than others C. prevention or treatment should be carried out long before D. the healthy and educated adults are likely to suffer mental decline 58. Which of the test was not included in the research by the University of Virginia? A. Speed of thought. C. General information. B. Reasoning. D. Visual puzzles.
59. The reason for many people disliking the age 27 may be that _____. A. many popular musicians died at the age of 27 B. at 27, mental powers tend to decrease C. this age can't bring them good luck D. people usually relate this age with negative connotations B National Forecast Fri, Aug 24, LONDON —This Evening and Tonight: Rain, locally heavy across northwest Scotland. Mostly cloudy but dry in other northern and western areas. Dry with clear spells(持续时间)in more central and eastern parts, but some low cloud and fog will develop. Generally mild with light winds. Saturday : Cloud and rain over western Scotland at the beginning will gradually push down over N. Ireland and northwest England. Largely dry, warm with sunny spells elsewhere, once early fog and low cloud clears. http ://www. times online. co. uk/tol/news/weather/ The Nation's Weather Fri, Aug 24, NEW YORK—Heavy rain was forecast throughout Friday in parts of the Midwest. The heaviest rainfall was over northern Illinois, with more than 4 inches possible around Chicago.
Wet weather was also expected in the Plains as the same storm system tracks through the region. Periods of heavy rain were also forecast for the Northeast as the remnant(剩余部分)of tropical storm Erin moves into the Canadian Maritimes. Hot weather was expected to continue in the South and West. http ://www. wunderground. com Death toll rises to 36 in China typhoon Wed, Aug 22, BEIJING— At least 36 people were killed by Typhoon Sepat in four provinces in eastern and central China in widespread destruction that also forced the evacuation (撤退)of l.37 million people.[ More than 60,000 homes in the provinces of Fujian, Jiangxi, Zhejiangand Hunan also were destroyed or damaged, Xinhua News Agency said. Total economic losses in the provinces have reached $ 663 million. Fujian was the worst-hit province, with 18 people killed, Xinhua said. Earlier, the storm, named after a Malaysian fish, killed at least one person in Taiwan, and left three dead in the Philippines. http ://news. yahoo. com/s/ap 60. On August 25, in N. Ireland and northwest England, there will be _____. A. low cloud and fog C. cloud and rain B. typhoon and flood D. sunshine and mild wind
61. What was the weather like in the south and west of the USA on Thursday? A. It was hot. C. It was foggy. B. It was rainy. D. It was warm.
62. The storm named Sepat _____. A. caused one death in the Philippines B. killed 18 people in Taiwan C. destroyed about 60,000 homes in Fujian D. caused great economic losses 63. The name of Typhoon Sepat comes from _____. A. a tropical storm C. a place C[来源:Zxxk.Com] B. a Malaysian fish D. a person
Every day, life is made and lost. Every day, life goes on. Every day we experience some of the most important parts of life and may not even realize it: love, generosity, and perseverance. These values aren't just important to us; they make the world what it is. Scientists say that gravitational(重力的)force makes the world turn, but some people say that love makes it go round. Love can be found anywhere: in families, friends, even complete strangers. Even if you can’t see it, you know it's there. Love may connect people all over the world, but what would the world be without generosity? Whether after a national disaster, or a school fund-raiser, one thing is certain- it is better to give than to receive. Generosity is found everywhere and whether it's a large or small act, it makes a difference. Most of all, being generous is not something you need any qualifications for, but no matter what you do, it can make a difference, Sometimes, though, it takes effort to be generous, which leads us to perseverance. Founding a country, riding a bike, or finishing an essay, these are all fini shed with perseverance. Perseverance is the one thing that can help us achieve whatever we want. It is what helps scientists to discover cures for diseases, and athletes to become champions. You may fail, but every time you make a mistake, that's one less to make the next time. There is an infinite(无穷的)number of things we value, but without love, generosity and perseverance, we just don't think that our life or the world would be the way it is. 64. The underlined word “it” in the second paragraph refers to “ ______ ”. A. the world B. gravitational force C. value D. Experience
65. To be generous, the author thinks _____. A. you needn't make efforts C. you should give all you have B. you should be qualified D. you will find it good to give
66. Which of the following statements is TRUE according to the passage? A. Perseverance is the only thing that can help us to achieve success. B. People don't understand the life they are experiencing at all. C. We can find love in complete strangers sometimes, D. What the world is like depends on gravity and love. 67. What would be the best title for the passage? A. Success and Failure. C. Endless Love. D For some reason Dodger did not want to enter London during daylight, so it was nearly eleven o'clock at night when they got near the centre. Oliver had never seen a dirtier or more miserable B. Three Values. D. Life full of Hope.
place. The streets in this district were narrow and muddy, and there were terrible smells everywhere. Children wandered around even at this time of night, in and out of the many shops, playing and screaming. The pubs were full of people fighting, and big, evil-looking men stood in the doorways or at dark corners. Oliver almost wanted to run away, but just then Dodger pushed open a door and pulled Oliver into a dark hall. “Who's there?” a voice cried out. “It's me,” said Dodger. The faint light of a candle appeared in the hall. “Who's the other one?” “A new friend. ” They went up some dark and broken stairs. Oliver could hardly see where he was going, but Dodger seemed to know the way, and helped Oliver up. They entered a room with walls that were black with age and dirt. In front of the fire was a table with a candle stuck into a bottle of beer, and an old man, with a horribly ugly face and red hair, stood next to the fire cooking. He was wearing a dirty old coat and seemed to divide his attention between his cooking and a number of silk handkerchiefs, which were hanging near the fire. There were several rough beds in the room. Four or five boys, about the same age as Dodger, sat round the table, smoking and drinking like middle-aged men. They all looked up when Dodger and Oliver entered. “This is him, Fagin,”Dodger said to the old man.“My friend Oliver Twist.” Fagin smiled and shook Oliver's hand. Then all the young gentlemen came. up to him and shook both his hands very hard, especially the hand which held his few possessions. One of the boys was particularly kind. He even put his hands in Oliver's pockets so that Oliver would not have to empty them himself when he went to bed. The boys would probably have been even more helpful, but Fagin hit them on their heads and shoulders until they left Oliver alone. “We're very glad to see you, Oliver,”said Fagin.“I see you're staring at the handkerchiefs, my dear. Aren't there a lot? We've just taken them all out to wash them, that's all! Ha! Ha! Ha!” This seemed to be a joke, as the old gentleman and all his young friends gave loud shouts of laughter. Then supper began. Oliver ate his share of the food and was then given a glass of ginand-water. Fagin told him to drink it fast. Immediately afterwards, Oliver felt himself lifted onto one of the beds and he sank into a deep sleep. 68. Who is the old man in the sixth paragraph? A. Oliver. B. Dodger. C. Fagin. D. Nancy.
69. Why did all the young gentlemen come up to Oliver and shook his hands very hard? A. Because they were of the same age. B. Because they liked Oliver at the first sight.
C. Because they were required to do so. D. Because they wanted to steal something from Oliver. 70. Why did Dodger enter London late at night? A. Because Dodger was too weak to walk until. B. Because Dodger was afraid of being seen by others. C. Because Dodger and Oliver wanted to play in the countryside. D. Because Dodger was afraid of Fagin and did not want to go home. 71. According to the passage, we can infer from the passage that _____. A. Oliver was killed by a glass of gin-and-water B. all of them are thieves except Oliver C. most boys felt pity for Oliver D. most boys wanted to make friends with Oliver E Acupuncture(针灸)can be a very effective solution when dealing with most neck and shoulder problems. Neck and shoulder muscle tension and stiffness are very common concerns, especially of people working in an office. Often they sit in front of a computer and type for long, which causes alack of circulation in the tissue and makes their muscles tired. Neck stiffness can become serious for other common reasons. And acupuncture can treat many of them effectively. At the top of your neck, just below the hairline, there is an important acupunctu re point called fuchi. It is believed to be closely connected to the eye. If you watch a computer screen or television for long, you can feel tight in this area. Besides, this area can also become quite tense after a long period of thinking or mental concentration. As a result, tightness at the top of the neck can influence autonomic nervous functioning. A long period of tension can cause a variety of problems such as headache, lack of concentration or poor memory. Besides, acupuncture can treat other muscle stiffness. They include the large muscle between the neck and the shoulder joint. Some psychologists believe that the amount of muscle tension in the shoulder joint reflects the emotional state of a person. Therefore, they attach electromyographic(EMG)electrodes to these muscles to help analyze a patient's emotional state. How can acupuncture help treat your neck and shoulder pain and stiffness? As explained earlier, most neck and shoulder stiffness results from two factors. They are continuous mechanical strain and emotional stress. The treatment approach, then, must
consider both. In today's stressful society, most people have problems such as insomnia, cold hands, cold feet, digestive p roblems, etc. So we begin by balancing the nervous system. For this purpose, doctors use a method called SES. Indirect Moxa treatment may also be applied to certain acupuncture points. In this way, it can help increase local tissue circulation. And it can also help bring an extra relaxation response. SES can relieve general tension. However, more chronic, deep muscle tightness needs more direct stimulation(刺激). Needling stimulation is applied to the neck and shoulder muscles to further release muscle tightness. Low-frequency electric acupuncture treatment may also be used for some cases. 72. According to the author, ______ is more likely to have neck and shoulder problems. A. an official B. a salesman C. an athlete D. a typist
73. In the fifth paragraph, EMG may refer to _____. A. a kind of medical equipment B. an acupuncture point C. a means of treatment D. a needle
74. How many kinds of treatment methods are mentioned in the last two paragraphs ? A. 2 B. 3 C. 4 D. 5
75. This passage may appear in _____. A. a travel guide B. a business paper C. a health magazine D. a political newspaper 第四部分 写作(共两节，满分 35 分) 第一节 任务型读写(共 10 小题；每小题 1 分，满分 10 分) 阅读下面短文，根据所读内容在表格中的空白处填入恰当的单词。 注意：每个空格只填一个单词。 At some point or another in their academic careers, students develop a fear of tests. It's not because tests are something to be afraid of. Most students are afraid of tests mainly because they lack self-confidence and they don’t always think that they are prepared for tests. Fortunately, overcoming your fear of tests is not difficult as long as you stick to the tips below. Those who don't think that they are well prepared are usually those who fear tests most. However, most students do not know when they are truly prepared for a test. Some can think that they are prepared, and then a few minutes before the test, they can suddenly have a panic attack. As long as you know that you have studied well and long enough, you will have the tools to follow the next tip.[ Be confident of yourself. Confidence before a test can lead to two things: either you could fail the test and feel as if your confidence was unfounded(无事实根据的)or you could actually
succeed in the test due to your confidence. Most students find that the first result usually comes true for them when they are confident of themselves. However, this is only because these students might not have followed the first tip described above. As long as you have studied well, you will be more confident of your ability to succeed in the test. If you feel as if you do not study hard enough, then you will not be as confident as you should be. Ask your teacher in advance about the material that is going to be covered in the test. This way, you know what you should prepare for and you can gain confidence about how well you will do in the test. Many teachers are willing to give away the general information, but you have to be brave enough to ask. Most students do not ask unless their teacher says the information first, so make sure that you ask ! You should know that tests are only measurement of your ability, not your intelligence. So, even if you will do bad in one test, you should know that there are other tests to come in which you can do better. As long as you think that there is another tomorrow, you can overcome your fear of this one test. However, make sure that you are going to try to do well in the other tests ! A fear can be a problem in the process of achieving success. However, with the right attitude and preparation, you can overcome your fear of tests through the use of these tips. Title Ways to overcome your fear of tests 76._______ Students begin to fear tests due to lack of self-confidence. Fortunately, it can be overcome by 77 ________ some tips. Tips 78 ____ well ☆ Make 79 ________that you are truly prepared. ☆ Don't 80 ________ before test. Be 81_____ 82________ hard, and this will help you succeed in the test. Ask for information Bravely ask your teacher what the test will 83 ________ of so that you can prepar e in advance. Hold positive attitude Keep in mind that tests just 84 ________ your ability and don’t lose heart because of one test failure. 85.________ Right attitude and preparation are the key to overcoming your fear of tests. 第二节书面表达(满分 25 分) 科技的发展使得人们生活越来越便捷。某报曾就“What life may be like in the future”为话题征文， 请就以下要点写一篇文章。 1．未来地球生活的优点：机器人普及；交通便利；没有疾病……
2．未来地球生活的问题：环境污染；资源短缺…… 3．你认为如何处理以上矛盾。 要求：词数 100 左右，首句已为你写好，不计入词数。 The development of science and technology has made a big difference in people's life.
copyright ©right 2010-2020。