一、用所给的动词的适当形式填空 1.―Do you have any trouble with your car this morning?‖ ―Yes, but I finally managed _______ ( fix) it. 2. He got up early to avoid _____
(be) late for school. 3. They are considering when __________ (go) to America. 4. They are considering _________ (go) to America. 5. He couldn’t imagine __________( write) a novel in two days. 6. It’s surprising ___________( meet) you here! 7. These boys enjoy _______ (play) football. 8. The girl often practises ___________(speak) English in the morning. 9. I like _________(skate) vey much. Would you like ________(skate) with me now? 10. I prefer ________( see) the film now rather than stay at home. 11. This watch needs ______ (repair), and I must remember _________(take) it back to the shop. 12. You needn’t _______ (go) with him, he doesn’t want ________(examine) by the doctor. 13. I usually forget _________( shut) the door, but I remember_________ (shut) it yesterday. 14. He told the boy to stop _________(make) so much noise. 15. When they got there, it stopped _________(rain). 16. The water is hot, why not try _________ (put) some cold water? 17. Though it was raining hard, they went on ________ (work) in the fields. 18. The boy couldn’t help _______(cry) when he heard the news. 19. I have a lot of work to do, so I can’t help _________(make) tea for you. 20. It is oftern difficult ________ (decide) what to do. 二、语法填空(非谓语动词) Passage 1 Let children learn 1._________ (judge) their own work. A child 2.___________(learn) to talk does not learn by 3._______________(correct) all the time; if 4.___________(correct) too much, he will stop 5.__________(talk). He notices a thousand times a day the difference between his language and others ’ language. Bit by bit, he makes the right changes 6._____________(make) his language like other people’s. In the same way, children learn 7._______(do) all the other things. They learn 8._________(talk), run, climb, ride a bicycle by 9.___________(compare) their own behaviors with those of more 10._________(skill) people, and slowly make the 11.________(need) changes. But in school teachers never give a child a chance 12.___________(find) out his mistakes for himself, even fewer chances for him 13. ___________(correct) himself. They do it all for him. Teachers act as if the student would fail 14. ______________(notice) a mistake if they did not point it out to him. They act as if the student would never correct it unless he 15. __________(make) to. Soon he becomes dependent on the teacher. Let the student
do it himself. Let him work out, with the help of other children if he 16. ________(want) it, what this word means and what the answer is to that problem. Passage2 I found out one time that 1._________(do) a favour for someone could get you into trouble. I was in the eighth grade at the time and we 2._____________(have) a final test. During the test, the girl 3.____________(sit) next to me whispered something but I did not understand. So I 4._______(lean) over and found out that she was trying 5._________(ask) me if I had an extra pen. She showed me that hers was out of ink. I happened 6.__________(have) an extra one, so I took it out of my pocket and put it on her desk. Later, after the test papers 7.____________(turn) in, the teacher asked me 8.___________(stay) in the room when all the other students 9.____________(dismiss). As soon as we were alone she began 10._____________(talk) to me about what it meant to grow up; she mentioned how important it was 11._________(stand) on your own two feet and 12.________(be) responsible for your own acts. For a long time, she talked about honesty and 13. ____________(emphasize) the fact that when people do something dishonest, they 14. ____________(really cheat) themselves. She made me promise that I would think seriously about all the things she 15. ____________(say), and then she told me I could leave. I walked out of the room 16.__________(wonder) why she had chosen to talk to me about all those things. Passage 3 What is language for? Some people seem to think it’s for 1 (practice) grammar rules and learning lists of words. The longer the lists are, 2 better it is. That’s wrong. Language is for the exchange of ideas and information. It ’s meaningless knowing all about a language 3 you can’t use it freely. Many students have known hundreds of grammar rules, but they can’t speak fluently. Students should have access 4 good practice. They shouldn’t 5 (be) afraid of making mistakes when speaking a foreign language, but they probably lacked confidence. Native 6 (speak) make mistakes and break rules, too. Bernard Shaw once wrote, ―Foreigners often speak English too 7 (correct).‖ But the mistakes that the native make are different from 8 that Chinese students make. They’re English mistakes in the English language. And if enough native speakers break a rule, it is no longer a rule. 9 used to be wrong becomes right. People not only make history, they make language. But people can only make their own language. Although Chinese students should pay attention to grammar, they shouldn’t overdo it. Communication should come 10 .
Key 一 1.to fix 2.being 3.to go 4.going 5.writing 6.tomeet 7.playing 8.speaking 9.skating,to skate 10.to see 11.repairing/to be repaired 12.go,to be examined 13.to shut,shutting 14.making 15.raining 16.putting 17.working 18.crying 19.(to) make 20.to decide Key:二 1. to judge 2. learning 3. being corrected 4. corrected 5. talking 6. to make 7. to do 8. to talk 9. comparing 10. skilled 11. needed 12. to find 13. to correct 14. to notice 15. was made
16. wants Key2: 1.doing 2. were having 3. sitting 4. leaned 5. to ask 6. to have 7. had been turned 8.to stay 9. were dismissed 10. to talk 11. to stand 12. be 13. emphasized 14. are really cheating 15.had said 16. wondering Key3: 1. practis(c)ing 2. the 3. if 4. to 5. have been 6. speakers 7. correctly 8. those 9. what 10. first 非谓语动词填空练习 (2) 1. —It’s a long time since I saw my sister. —Why not __________ (visit) her this weekend? 2. —The last one _____________ (arrive) pays the meal. —Agreed! 3. I smell something _________ (burn) in the kitchen. Can I call you back in a minute? 4. The disc, digitally ___________ (record) in the studio, sounded fantastic at the party. 5. I don’t know whether you happen_______________ (hear), but I am going to study in the United States. 6. There is nothing more I can try ______ (persuade) you to stay, so I wish you good luck. 7. The Town Hall ___________ (complete) in the 1800’s was the most distinguished building at that time. 8. The country has already sent up three unmanned spacecraft, the most recent ______________________ (launch) at the end of last March. 9. Please remain _____________ (seat) until the plane has come to a complete stop. 10. John received an invitation to dinner, and with his work ______________ (finish), he gladly accepted it. 11. —Robert is indeed a wise man. —Oh, yes. How often I have regretted __________________ (not take) his advice! 12. —Excuse me sir, where is Room 301? —Just a minute. I’ll have Bob ____________ (show) you to your room. 13. He is a student at Oxford University, _______________ (study) for a degree in computer science. 14. Jenny hopes that Mr. Smith will suggest a good way to have her written English ________ (improve) in a short period. 15. —Come on, please give me some ideas about the project. —Sorry. With so much work ____________ (fill) my mind, I almost break down. 16. As the light turned green, I stood for a moment, not ______________ (move), and asked myself what I was going to do. 17. ―Things _________ (lose) never come again!‖ I couldn’t help talking to myself. 18. —Can I smoke here? —Sorry. We don’t allow ____________ (smoke) here. 19. He is very popular among his students as he always tries to make them ______________ (interest) in his lectures. 20. When asked why he went there, he said he was sent there _____________ (train) for a space flight. 21. ____________ (say) that she didn’t do a good job, I don’t think I am abler than her. 22. All the staff in our company are considering ____ (go) to the city centre for the fashion show.
23. ___________ (ensure) the safety of gas, the government has checked the city’s gas supply system thoroughly. 24. She wants her paintings ___________ (display) in the gallery, but we don t think they would be very popular. 25. Peter received a letter just now ____________ (say) his grandma would come to see him soon. 26. The flowers his friend gave him will die unless ______________ (water) every day. 27. The glass doors have taken the place of the wooden ones at the entrance, ________ (let) in the natural light during the day. 28. The children talked so loudly at dinner table that I had to struggle ______________ (hear). 29. ___________ (drive) by a greater demand of vegetables, farmers have built more green houses. 30. The children went home from the grammar school, their lessons ____________ (finish) for the day. Keys: 1.visit 2.to arrive 3.burning 4.recorded 5.to have heard 6.to persuade 7.completed8.having been launched 9.seated 10.finished 11.nottaking 12.show 13.studying 14.improved 15.filling 16.moving 17. lost 18.smoking 19.interested 20.to be trained 21.Having said 22.going 23.Toensure 24.displayed 25.saying 26.watered 27.letting 28.to be heard 29. Driven 30.finished 非谓语动词填空练习（3） 1.I like getting up very early in summer. The morning air is so good _______________. (breathe) 2.The director had her assistant _______________ (pick up) some hot dogs for the meeting. 3.____________ (walk) in the fields on a March afternoon, he could feel the warmth of spring. 4.__________ (see) that she was going off to sleep, I asked if she’d like that little doll on her bed. 5.–Did the book give the information you needed? –Yes. But _____________ (find) it, I had to read the entire book. 6.I feel greatly honored _________________ (welcome) into their society. 7.It is worth considering what makes ―convenience‖ foods so popular, and ______________ (introduce) better ones of your own. 8._______________ (wait) in the queue for half an hour, the old man suddenly realized he had left the cheque in the car. 9.Can those _________________ (seat) at the back of the classroom hear me? 10._________ (search) the website of the Fire Department in your city, and you will learn a lot about firefighting. 11.The trees ________________ (blow down) in the storm have been moved off the road. 12.______________ (complete) the project as planned, we’ll have to work two more hours a day. 13. Susan wanted to be independent of her parents. She tried ____________ (live) alone, but she didn’t like it and moved back home. 14. I hear they’ve promoted Tom, but he didn’t mention __________________ (promote) when we talked on the phone. 15. We finished the run in less than half the time ______________ (allow). 16. Lucy’s new job paid twice as much as she had made _____________ (work) in the restaurant. 17. The message is very important, so it is supposed _______ (send) as soon as possible. 18. ___________ (show) around the Water Cube, we were then taken to see the Bird’s Nest for the 2008 Olympic Games. 19. We had an anxious couple of weeks _______________ (wait) for the results of the
experiment. 20._______________ (throw) their hats into the air, the fans of the winning team let out loud shouts of victory. 21.___________ (fail) to reach them on the phone, we sent an email instead. 22. –They are quiet, aren’t they? –Yes. They are accustomed to______________ (not talk) at meals. 23.To learn English well, we should find opportunities to hear English ______________ (speak) as much as we can. 24.He was busy writing a story, only _____________ (stop) once in a while to smoke a cigarette. 25.Please remain _________________ (seat); the winner of the prize will be announced soon. 26._________________ (not realize) that he was in great danger, Eric walked deeper into the forest. 27.It is one of the funniest things _______________ (find) on the Internet so far this year. 28.My sister, an inexperienced rider, was found sitting on the bicycle ____________ (try) to balance it. 29.If we have illegal immigrants ___________ (come) in, many local workers will lose their jobs. 30.Something as simple as ______________ (drink) some cold water may clear your mind and relieve pressure. Keys: 1. to breathe 2. pick up 3. Walking 4. Seeing 5. to find 6. to be welcomed 7. introducing 8. Having waited 9. seated 10. Search 11. blown down 12. To complete 13. living 14. having been promoted 15. allowed 16. working 17. to be sent 18. Having been shown 19. waiting 20. Throwing 21. Having failed 22. to not talking 23. spoken 24. stopping 25. seated 26. Not realizing 27. found 28. trying 29. coming 30. drinking
在空格处填上适当的关连词： 1. The question is ___________ the film is worth seeing. 2. Do you doubt ________ I believe you ? 3. This museum is not _______ it was ten years ago. 4. The reason for his success is ________ he work hard. 5. She dresses well, but the trouble is ______ the clothes she is wearing don’t go with each other very well. 6. The suggestion ______ students should learn some practical knowledge is worth considering. 7. It depends on _______ we have enough time. 8. You have no idea _________ anxious I have been for her safety. 9. Now we can see __________ a serious problem the population is. 10. I want to buy some stamps. Can you tell me _______ there’s a post office near here? 11. There’s some doubt _________ she will be able to repay the money on time. 12. My radio doesn’t work.. I don’t know ________ is the trouble. 13. _______ he doesn’t like them is very clear. 14. I’d appreciate it ______ you carry out the experiment as directed. 15. The fire destroyed ________ was in the building. 16. We know little about the young lady except ______ you told me. 17. I know nothing about her except ________ she is from Canada.
18. 19. 20. 21. 22. 23. 24. 25. 26. 27. 28. 29. 30. 31. 32. 33. 34. 35. 36. 37. 38. 39. 40. 41. 42. 43. 44. 45. 46. 47. 48. 49. 50. 51. 52. 53.
________ there is life on another planet is almost impossible. Please give me the book to _______ wins the first prize. The chance _____ he will attend the meeting is very little. Mark wondered ________ you thought of the new film. The old woman was shocked by _________ had happened to her daughter. Lei Fen was always thinking of _______ he could help others. Could you tell me for_________ you have bought this fur coat? ________ he wanted to see was an end to all the armies of the world. The problem lies in ________ we lack time to have holidays. __________ Thomas Edison became a great inventor is known to all. ______ he felt sorry for was ______ he wasn’t in time to prevent the accident. __________ we will go camping depends on the weather. _________ is likely that we can bridge the generation gap. We should help _____ is in need of our help. The reason ________ he was absent was _______ he wasn’t interested in the meeting. The child is fat. That’s ______ he has a sweet teeth. It’s beyond doubt ________ that man will lag behind in the race. _______ the doctor doubt is _______ my mother will recover from the serious disease soon. Traditional education taught people to believe ______ being intelligent meant remembering information and writing about it. After three hours’ climbing, they reached _______ they thought was the place they’d been dreaming of. The media today can draw public attention to ________ help is actually needed. We agreed to accept ______ they thought was the best tourist guide. ― Do you think _______ I should attend the lecture?‖ she asked me . The police promised to do ________ was possible to save the people trapped in the mountains. Some people are born with the belief ________ they are masters of their own while others feel _______ they are at the mercy of others. The moment ________ Leo will never forget is ________ Mr. Green gave him a lot of valuable advice on how to improve his writing. I think this trip was well worth _______ we had paid. The word ― media‖ basically refers to ________ we commonly call newspapers, magazines, radios and televisions. Information has come ______ the superstar Zhang Ziyi will play the leading role in this film. The question occurred _______ we were to get the machines needed. ________ we are sure about is the need to prevent children from being spoiled. _______ matters most in learning English is enough practice. You can only be sure of _____ you have at present; you can not be sure of something _____ you might get in the future. Choosing the right dictionary depends on _______ you want use it for. Could I speak to _______ is in charge of International Sales, please? — Where did you get to know her? — It was on the farm ____ we worked.
54. Those successful deaf dancers think that dancing is an activity ______ sight matters more than hearing. 55. Why not try luck downtown, Bob? That’s _______ the best jobs are. 56. ________ team wins on Saturday will go through to the national championships. 57. Please remind me ______ he said he was going. I may in time to see him off. 58. It was said ________ that was how the Chinese first raised silkworms. 59. Mary came back with a massage _________ there would be a test soon. 60. Do _________ you think is right __________ difficulties you may have. 61. Our principal didn’t feel like making it clear _______ he attend the meeting the next morning. 62. ________ theory must be put into practice is _______ we must always keep in mind. 63. Stories spread quickly among his friends________ Tom had lived on a desert island for over five months after the ship sank. 参考答案： whether 2. that 3. what. 4. that. 5. that 6. that 7. whether. 8. how. 9. what.10. whether/if 11. that 12. where 13. That 14. that. 15. what(ever) 16. what. 17. that. 18. That 19. whoever 20. that 21. what 22. what 23. how 24. whom. 25. What 26. that 27. How/ That 28. What, that 29. Whether 30 It 31. whoever 32. why 33. because. 34. that 35. What 36. that 37.what 38. where 39. whoever 40. that 41. whatever 42. that ,/ 43. that, when. 44. what 45. what 46. that 47. where48. What. 49. What 50. what./ 51. what 52. whoever. 53. where 54. where 55 where 56. Whichever 57. when. 58. that 59. that 60. what, whatever 61. that.62. That ; what 63. that
填入适当的连接词： 1.________ I’m unhappy, he cheers me up. 2. If you work with a strong will, you will overcome any difficulty, ________ great it is. 3. A new school was built ________ there had been a wasteland. 4. ________ you’ve got such a golden chance, why not make the best of it? 5. A whole month had passed _______ she fully recovered. 6. I was having dinner ________ I heard a knock at the door. 7. I heard a knock at the door _______ I was having dinner. 8. He had just finished the book ________ supper was served. 9. I won’t tell him the correct answer even _______ I know it. I don’t like him. 10. He was talking as __________ he knew everything about it. 11. _________ the day went by, the weather got worse. 12. I had no sooner gone into the classroom ________ the bell rang. 13. Roses need special care so _________ they can live through winter. 14. You will succeed in the end ________ you give up halfway. 15. Tom didn’t go to bed _________ his mother came back from work. 16. The baby may be saved _______ he is sent to hospital in no time. 17. I found all the doors open and everything in disorder ________I arrived home. 18. __________ he is a newcomer, he has few friends around here. 19. I didn’t know what happened. He had rushed out of the room _______ I could ask him. 20.Please keep reading the poem _______ you have remembered it.
21. It was not yet 7 o’clock ________ he came back. 22. Can you imagine how long it will be ________ a new drug is invented for AIDS? 23. ________ you understand the rule, you will find it very easy to obey. 24. I will take you shopping ________ it doesn’t rain this afternoon. 25. He failed again just ________ he didn’t work hard at his lessons. 26. He was in ________ a hurry _______ he forgot his keys. 27. Be quiet ________ case you should wake the baby. 28. He wouldn’t listen to me, __________ I said. 29. Small town ________ it is, yet it is very famous. 30. The task is too much for me, _________ I can’t carry on alone any longer. 31. Please do the experiment __________ the teacher told you to. 32. He made _______ little money ________ his wife often complained. 33. Boy ______ he is, he can solve complicated problems. 34. I will buy that apartment __________ much it costs. 35. _________ you believe it or not, it is true. 36. _______ he goes, the thief can’t escape being caught. 37. Jack is hard-working _______ his younger brother is lazy. 38. The baby must feel uncomfortable ________ it was crying again. 39. He was allowed to go swimming on ___________ that he kept near the other boys. 40. I lent him some money in order ________ he could go far for a holiday. 41. It was hard work. I enjoyed it, ___________ 42. I had given up hope of going to college ________ word came that I had been admitted to a famous British University. 43. Almost everyone has his own strengths and weaknesses. It is _________ others are weak that maybe you have a great advantage. 44. Mr. Hall understands that _________ math has always been easy for him, it’s not easy for the students. 45. Rof is determined to get a seat for the concert _________ it means standing in a queue all night. 46. — John got injured in the game. — Would it be at least a fortnight _________ he could recover and return to school? 47. I have heard these sons and daughters say they never fully appreciated their mothers _______ it was too late to tell them. 48. The project won’t carry on ________ we can get financial aid from the government. 49. — Have you lived here for long ? — Not vey long ________ I came to work in this city. 50. — I am planning to go abroad for further study the coming spring. — __________ you’re there, you might get some help from my brother. 51. __________ private cars are bringing us convenience, they may also cause more traffic accidents and pollution. 52. The lawyer seldom wears anything other than a suit _________ the season. 53. _________ asked what they needed most, the kids said they wanted to feel important and loved. 54. —have you got any idea for the summer vacation?
— I don’t mind where we go __________ there’s sun, sea, and beach. 55. A small car is big enough for a family of three _______ you need more space for baggage. 56. — Did you return Fred’s call? — I didn’t need to _________ I’ll see him tomorrow. 57. I’m sorry you’ve been waiting so long, but it’ll still be some time ______ Brian gets back.\ 58. she thought I was talking about her daughter, _________, in fact, I was talking about mine. 59. After the war, a new school building was put up _______ there had once been a theatre 60. ________ Mary is grown up, it doesn’t mean that she can do whatever she likes. 参考答案 1. whenever 2. however/ no matter how 3. where 4. Since/ Now that 5. before 6. when 7. when/ while /as 8. when 9. if/ whether 10. if/ whether 11. As 12. than 13. that 14, unless. 15. until 16. if / so long as 17. when / as soon as/ the moment 18. Because 19. before 20. until 21. when 22. before 23. Once 24. if 25. because 26. such; that 27. in 28. whatever/ no matter what 29. as 30. so 31. as 32. so; that 33. as 34. however/ no matter how 35. Whether 36. Wherever 37. while 38. for 39. condition 40. that 41. though 42. when 43. where 44. although 45. even if 46. before 47. until 48. unless 49. since 50.while 51. while 52. whatever 53. When 54. as long as 55. unless 56. because 57. before. 58. while 59. where. Thoug
填入适当的引导词或介词+引导词： 1. The weather was very sunny the following day, ________ was what we expected. 2. The man about _______ you told me the other day turned out to be a thief. 3. I have finished reading all the books ________ were borrowed from the school library. 4. I have bought three ballpoint pens, none of _______ writes smoothly. 5. This is the store _________ my father runs. 6. I cannot forget the time _________ I stayed in the country with those farms 7. ________ is reported in the newspaper, the war between the two countries has come to a stop. 8. Lu Xun, ______ name is Zhou Shuren, wrote lots of novels and essays. 9. Can you think of another example ______ this phrase can be used? 10. Shenzhen is not the city ______ it used to be twenty years ago. 11. The train on ______ he is travelling is late. 12. I visited Hong Kong last month, _______ live my uncles and aunts. 13. Do you still remember the happy days _______ we spent together in Beijing. 14. Don’t talk about such things _______ you are not sure about. 15. I have bought the same skirt ______ she is wearing. 16. HE came out top in the exam, ______ made his family very happy. 17. Is this the reason _____ he is late again? 18. I don’t think the reason _______ he explain at the meeting was reasonable. 19. Her parents wouldn’t let her marry anyone _____ family was very poor. 20. Can you think of other ways _______ we can solve this problem? 21. I, ________ am your best friend, will help you out. 22. I attended the meeting last month, ________ lots of people talked about the recently-discovered star. 23. The day will come _______ the people all over the world will win liberation.
24. On my birthday I got a watch from my uncle, _______ was made in Japan. 25. The students are talking about the strange people and stories _______ they met in the adventure. 26. This is Mr. Smith, ________ I think has something interesting to tell you. 27. He is the very man in _________ pocket I found my lost money. 28. ________ was usual, he arrived at school just before class began. 29. I have a picture by a famous painter ________ was sent to me for my birthday. 30. The Friendship Store _______ is being rebuilt stands ________ the two main roads meet. 31. I showed an old friend of mine around the city, _______ surprise, the changes had been so great. 32. The farmer used wood to build a house _______ to store grain. 33. The campaign starts in big cities like Beijing, Shanghai and Guangzhou _______ most of China’s outbound tourists originate. 34. Having a mix of male and female nurses also helps create a fun atmosphere , _______ helps patients recover faster. 35. He’s just the person_________ I suppose is able to work out such a problem. 36. He wrote a lot of well-received novels, most of _______ were translated into foreign languages. 37. A war is usually very cruel and causes great losses, ________ happened in Iraq. 38. I’d like you to take my picture ________ stands the ancient tower. 39. _______ has already been pointed out, grammar is not a set of dead rules. 40. He lives London for 3 months, during _______ time he learn some English. 41. He is a man of great experience, _______ much can be learned. 42. The road conditions there turned out to be very good, ________ was more than we could expect (08 全国). 43. I’ll give you my friend’s home address , _______ I can be reached most evenings. （08， 北京） 44. They will fly to Washington, _______ they plan to stay for two or three days.（08，重庆） 45. For many cities in the world, there is no room to spread out further, ______ New York is an example.（08，四川） 46. The man pulled out a gold watch, the hands _______ were made of small diamonds.（08，陕 西） 47. The growing speed of a plant is influenced by a number of factors, most _________ are beyond our control.（08，湖南） 参考答案： 1. which 2. whom 3. that 4. which 5. that/which// 6. when 7. As 8. whose 9. where 10. that 11.which 12. where 13. that/which// 14. as 15. as 16. which 17. why 18. that/which// 19. whose 20. in which/ that / 21. who 22. where 23. when 24. which 25. that 26. who 27. whose 28. As 29. that/ which. 30. which; where 31. to whose 32. in which 33. where 34. which 35. who 36. which 37. as 38. where 39. As 40. which 41. from whom 42. which 43. where 44. where 45. of which 46. of which 47. of which
一．用所给动词的适当形式填空。 1. Knowledge _________ ( be ) power.
2. Beer from the USA and Germany ______( be ) much better than that from Britain. 3. Reading aloud _________ ( be ) very important in learning English. 4. What she said _________ ( be ) true. 5. Both Lucy and Lily _________ ( be ) from the USA. 6. Either of the shirts _________ ( fit ) me very well. 7. Listen ! Somebody __________ ( be ) knocking at the door. 8. Nothing in the box __________ ( be ) mine. 9. Everything ________( be ) ready except the birthday cake. 10. None of us _________ ( be ) perfect. 11. None of this _________ ( worry ) me. 12. Keep silent! The children ___________ ( be )sleeping next door. 13. The number of the books _________ ( be ) no more than 100. 14. A number of the books ___________ ( be ) useless. 15. More than one student __________ ( have ) seen the film. 16. Many a house _________ ( have ) been damaged in the earthquake. 17. The old ________ ( be ) well looked after by the government. 18. No one _________ ( know ) the answer. 19. One million pounds ________ ( be ) quite a large number. 20. A large number of students ________ ( have ) gone to help the farmers. 21. A poet and a novelist _________ ( have ) visited our school. 22. One and a half oranges ________ ( be ) bad. 23. Whether Max will come or not _________ ( be ) uncertain. 24. Maths ________ ( be ) difficult to learn. 25. The teacher and writer ________ ( have ) published many new books. 26. Each man and each woman ________ ( have ) a chance to be raised in our company. 27. Lots of students ________ ( be ) waiting for the bus. 28. Lots of meat _________ ( have ) been sold out. 29. This pair of trousers __________ ( fit ) you. 30. Most of his spare time ________ ( be ) spent in reading. 31. Most of the students __________ ( be ) from the countryside. 32. About one third of the books ________ ( be ) worth reading. 33. Twenty percent of the water _________ ( be ) polluted. 34. Either you or I ________ ( be ) going to answer his question. 35. Neither the students nor the teacher __________ ( know ) anything about it. 36. He or you _________ ( have ) taken my pen. 37. There _________ ( be ) a desk and three chairs in the room. 38. Tom, as well as two of his sisters, ________ ( be ) invited to the party. 39. This book, including ten science stories, ________ ( sell )well. 40. My sister, besides my parents, _________ ( have ) gone to Beijng. 41. The teacher with two students _________ ( be ) at the meeting last night. 二．用所给词的适当形式填空完成短文。 You don’t have to give thousands of dollars to help someone. Sarah, a girl from Michigan, the USA, ①________ ( make ) a difference just by giving her time. Sarah was serious ill when she was a baby. It ②_______ ( be ) difficult for her to move. Sarah ③________ ( have ) to walk
around with a walker. However, the 11-year-old girl doesn’ t give up, she ④_________ ( use ) her experience to help others. Last summer, Sarah worked three days a week for seven weeks at the Grand Rapids Comprehensive Therapy Center. She ⑤ _______( be ) one of the youngest volunteers for “Therapy and Fun”, a program for special-needs children. Sarah’s job was to help the special-needs children and ⑥________ ( provide ) them with advice and encouragement. Sarah ⑦________( say ) that she’s glad she can share her knowledge with others, and that working at the center taught her a lot, too.“ I feel my life ⑧_______( be ) getting better because I can help others in my way.” she said. Mary VanWingerden, Sarah’s fouth-grade teacher, said that, “ Sarah has the help of other ⑨________ ( student ) around her, but she shows them that she’s there to help ⑩_________ ( they ) also.
copyright ©right 2010-2020。