合肥一六八中学 2015-2016 学年第一学期高一期末考试 英 语 试 题
(考试时间:120 分钟 满分:150 分） 第一部分 听力（共两节，满分 30 分） 第一节 （共 5 小题；每小题 1.5 分，满分 7.5 分） 听下面 5 段对话。每段对话后有一个小题，从题中所给的 A、B、C 三个选项中选出最佳选项, 并标在试卷的相应位置。听完每段对话后，你都有 1
0 秒钟的时间来回答有关小题和阅读下一小题。 每段对话仅读一遍。 1. Who will the man go travelling with? A. His friends. A. Attend a meeting. 3. Where are the speakers? A. In Salt Lake City. A. A doctor. B. In San Francisco. B. A lawyer. C. In New England. 4. What did the woman’s mother do? C. A teacher. 5. What are the speakers doing? A. Saying goodbye to each other. B. Planning a dinner party. C. Cooking at the man’s. 第二节 （共 15 小题；每题 1.5 分，满分 22.5 分） 听下面 5 段对话或独白。每段对话或独白后有几个小题，从 题中所给的 A、B、C 三个选项中选 出最佳选项，并标在试卷的相应位置。听每段对话或独白前，你将有时间阅读各个小题，每小题 5 秒钟；听完后，每小题将给出 5 秒钟的作答时间。每段对话或独白读两遍。 听下面一段对话，回答第 6 和第 7 两个小题。 6. What are the speakers talking about? A. The dressing. A. Satisfied. B. The fashion. B. Confident . C. The color. C. Uncomfortable. 7. How does the woman feel about wearing the purple top and jeans? 听下面一段对话，回答第 8 和第 9 两个小题。 8. Where does the conversation take place? A. At home. B. At a computer lab. B. Dial the num ber. C. On the phone. C. Wait for the woman’s call. 9. What will the man do next? A. Set the alarm clock. 听下面一段对话，回答第 10 至第 12 三个小题。 10. What does the woman probably do? A. A clerk. B. An interviewer. C. A policewoman. 11. When was the man born?
B. His workmates. B. Stay at home.
C. His family members. C. Go to the cinema.
2. What would the man like t o do tonight?
A. In 1960. A. His phone number.
B. In 1966.
C. In 19 80. C. His Social Security Number.
12. What information of the man is unnecessary? B. His date of birth. 听下面一段对话，回答第 13 至第 16 四个小题。 13. Where does the woman come from? A. Brittany. A. Reading. B. Paris. B. Surfing. C. Princeton. C. Swimming. 14. What does the woman like most? 15. Why does the woman live near Paris? A. She loves living in a big city. B. Her parents live there. C. Her job is near Paris. 16. What is the woman doing? A. Having a test. B. Having a class. C. Having an interview. 听下面一段对话，回答第 17 至第 20 四个小题。 17. Who is probably making the speech? A. A pilot. A. Warm. B. An airport announcer. B. Hot. C. Cold. B. The departure gate number. B. 9:00. C. 9:15. C. The destination. C. A ticket seller. 18. What’s the weather probably like outside at the moment? 19. What change has been announced? A. The flight number. A. 8:45. 20. At what time should the passengers board the plane?
第二部分 阅读理解（共两节，满分 40 分） 第一节 （共 15 小题；每小题 2 分，满分 30 分） 阅读下列短文，从每题所给的四个选项（A、B、C、和 D）中，选出最佳选项，并在答题卡上将 该项涂黑。 A It was a hot summer day. I was trying to manage a crying baby and two sons at the library. O ne of my arms he ld the baby; the other balanced a few children’s books. The librarian checked my card, showed some pages of the books to me and told me that I had to pay fine. I knew it was my sons’ great work. As I reached in my pocket for my wallet, my heart sank. My wallet was sitting at home on the table. I asked the librarian to hold the books for us, thinking I would run home to get the wallet. All of a sudden, a woman next to me handed the librarian $20, and asked her whether it was enough to pay my fine. The librarian looked confused as I was. I didn’t know the woman. Why was she paying my fine? I told the woman that it was not that I didn’t have the money; it was just that I left my wallet at home and could went back to fetch it. She just said that I could do something kind for another person someday, and walked out.
I know how I felt after a stranger paid my library fine. I was pleased that someone I didn’t know would do something so kind. We falsely believe that only the big acts of kindness are meaningful. That’s simply not true. Not everyone can hand out $100 on the street, but everyone can say a kind word or do a simple and free action, which is also meaningful. The pow er of kindness is real. 21. From the first paragraph we know that ______. A. the author was poor C. the baby was badly ill A. planned to go home to get money C. decided to pay the fine the next day A. may help someone in need later C. hadn’t been helped before 24. What can be the best title for the passage? A. Believe in Strangers. C. Small Kind Acts Matter. B Even though one out of three American children live within a mile of their schools, almost not half of those students often bike or walk to class, scientists report. Children who live in the South, in country areas, or who have college-educated parents, are among those least likely to bike or walk to school, which is reported in the American Journal of Preventive Medicine. Sarah Martin and her workmates at the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) studied materials from more than 7,000 children between 9 and 15 years of age. They found that almost 35 percent of the children lived within one mile of their schools. Children between 11 and 13 years old were more likely to walk or bike than 9-year-olds. Children whose parents had a high school education were more likely to ride a bike or walk than children with college-educated parents. “The majority of children are missing an opportunity to increase daily physical ac tivity,” Martin said in a prepared statement. According to the CDC, nearly one in five (18.8 percent) children between 6 and 11 years old are overweight. Increased daily physical activity is one of the methods the CDC gives to help deal with the problem among children. According to Martin, there are all kinds of reasons why children in city areas might be more likely to bike or walk to school. The y pointed out the fact that if schools are in places where there are fewer safe sidewalks, the students will be less likely to ride or walk to school. The students should try to ride or walk to school as much as possible and parents are advised to pay great attention to their children’s health. 25. Sarah Martin and her workmates found that ______. A. younger children would like to bike or walk to school
B. the librarian was careless D. the kids damaged the books B. waited for help D. shouted at the kids B. only supports big acts of kindness D. thinks strangers are kinder B. Money Isn’t Everything. D. Friends Are around Us.
22. After being told about the problem, the author ______.
23. We can infer from the passage that the author ______.
B. kids whose parents received less education walk more C. o lder children are stronger than the younger ones D. parents are worried about their children’s health 26. According to the CDC, children can lose weight by ______. A. eating less every day B. having healthy diets C. living in the countryside D. having enough physical activities 27. Which of the following factors contributes to students’ riding or walking to school? ① Children’s age. education. ④ The family income. A. ① ② ③ A. Education. ⑤ The number of safe sidewalks. C. ②③ ⑤ D. Sports. C Researchers at the University of Birmingham have found that bats living in a city are less likely to move from tree to tree in brightly lit areas. Wildlife must be able to move between patches of habitat（小块栖息地）, which are often separated by buildings and road. The bats studied in this experiment come out in the evening, often within housing areas, to find food in gardens and other green spaces. Therefore, they often fly along lines of trees, which can protect them from strong winds and animals that catch them for food. The researchers, along with those from Lancaster University, were studying the effect of man-made light on the bats, especially on the pipistrelle, a common bat which could be found in many parts of UK cities. They wanted to find out whether the bats’ flying was affected by the distance between trees and the brightness of lighting within the gap （间隔）. They found that the bats crossed through the darker parts of the gaps, but with lots of lighting these gaps became barriers. Importantly, this barrier effect changes with the width of the gap in the tree line — bats would stand strong lighting in small gaps, but even a low level of lighting in larger gaps was enough to stop them crossing. James Hale who led the study said: “That might explain why this common species of bats is not easily found in highly developed areas. Understanding what may affect the movement between patches of habitat is important for the protection of species in the city centre.” 29. Bats fly along lines of trees to ______. A. stop and have a rest at times B. protect themselves from strong lights C. get protection against enemies and strong winds D. make sure they keep flying in the right directions 30. The underlined word “barrier” refers to things that ______.
② Children’s health.
B. ① ③ ⑤ B. Culture.
D. ② ④ ⑤ D. Health.
28. What section of a newspaper may this passage be taken from?
A. kill the bats C. stop the bats A. food supply C. the number of trees
B. help the bats fly D. keep the bats warm B. the distance between streetlights D. the development of an area
31. According to the research, bats’ movement would be affected by ______.
32. Which of the following about the research is true? A. It found that bats would just move in the evening. B. It was done to find ways to protect bats in UK cities. C. It found the reason why bats preferred to live in a city. D. It was led by researchers from Lancaster University alone. D Eat your vegetables. Wash your hands. Always say “please” and “thank you”. We are full of advice for our children, but when it comes to money, we often have little to say. As a result, our children may grow up with clean hands and good manners, but without any idea how to manage their money. Here are some suggestions that will help guide them their entire li ves: Show them the fut ure. If your 13-year-old girl were to save $1. 000, invest（投资）it at 8% and add $100 every month, by the time she’ s 65, she would have $980, 983! Be careful of credit（信用）. Credit cards can help you buy necessary things and build a credit history, but they must be used responsibly, which means paying off your debt in time. Explain to your children that when you buy something using a credit card, you can easily end up paying two or three times what you would have paid if you used cash. Teach patience. Suppose your child wants a new bicycle that costs $150. Rather than paying the cash, give him some regular pocket money and explain that by putting aside, say, $15 each week, he will be able to buy it for himself in only ten weeks. Provide encouragement. Tell your children the importance of saving. “For every dollar he or she agrees to save and invest rather than spend, you agree to add another dollar to the pot,” says Cathy Pareto, expert in money planning. Explain your values. Values and money are deeply intertwined, says Eilleen Gallo, co-author of The Fi nancially Intelligent Parent. When your child demands that you buy something, explain why you really don’t want to buy it. “You might say, ‘I’d rather save that money for your education,’ ” advises Gallo. Every time you spend or don’t spend money, you have a chance to share your values. 33. The writer thinks that, if a child wants to buy something, his parents should ______. A. tell him to use a credit card B. give him some regular pocket money C. encourage him to put money away for it D. explain to him the importance of investment 34. According to the passage, which of the following statements is true?
A. We are likely to spend more money when using a credit card to buy things. B. Some parents have a problem communicating with their children. C. Parents’ values are more important than their children’s. D. Nothing is more important than health and habits. 35. The writer gives advice to help ________. A. children follow their parents’ advice B. parents teach their children how to deal with money C. children manage their pocket money in a proper way D. parents save more money for the children’s education 第二节 （共 5 小题；每小题 2 分，满分 10 分） 根据短文内容，从短文后的选项中选出能填入空白处的最佳选项，选项中有两项为多余选项。 How to work productively（有成果地）at home The opportunity to work at home can be a dream coming true: no sitting in traffic, the comfortable workplace and the flexibility（灵活性）to work wherever and maybe even whenever you want. 36 The following tips have proven effective to help people who 37 choose to word at home. Get up and get dressed. It might seem like fun to work in your nightclothes. Dressing for work increases your attention to the tasks at hand. In addition, you will likely feel better and ready to face your day if you rise, shower, and dress in the morning. __38 __ Students are often advised not to study in bed, because we connect the bed with sleep. When we are in bed studying, our minds think we should go to sleep. Therefore, working in the bed causes us to get less done. To be productive while working at home, it is best to get out of the bed and have a dedicated（专门的）place for work. If there is no separate room, it could be the corner or an area of a bigger room. When you are in your work area, you are working. 39 Get your work planned. Once the plan is made, do your best to achieve it. __40 _ You’ll find you are more productive when you set up a structure for yourself. It may help you to keep track of what you do all day for a couple of weeks. It sounds easier than it actually is, but it is worth all the effort. A. Have a separate place for work. B. However, some people find it difficult to keep a high level of productivity. C. When you are not, you are doing something else. D. Keep the confidence in yourself. E. A good sleeping habit may help you keep activ e at work. F. This means you don’t have the flexibility to do whatever you want. G. In fact, people are more productive when they wear professional clothing. 第三部分 英语知识运用（共两节，满分 45 分） 第一节 完形填空（共 20 小题；每小题 1.5 分，满分 30 分） 阅读下面短文，从短文后各题所给的四个选项（A、B、C 和 D）中，选出可以填入空白处的最佳
选项，并在答题卡上将该项涂黑。 When I was in Grade 6, I knew a girl. She to 42 what she said. However, I became very After hearing what I said, Daddy not? Lisa, didn’t you ever want to that girl’s To my 46 . Go and make a 45 47 44 41 to point out my shortcomings （缺点）and always said I was very thin, I wasn’t a good student, and so on. I tried not 43 , in the end. I cried and ran to Daddy. asked, “Are the things she says true or 48
what you’re really like? Well, you now have of everything that she said about you and
the points that are true. Pay no attention to the other things she said. 49 , I discovered that about half the things were true. Some of them (like 50 , while some could be. Suddenly I 52 of myself. 53 it. “That’s just for you,” 56 . When something said about 54 about yourself. But you have to learn 51 to change. being very thin) couldn’t be
For the first time I got a clear
I brought the list back to Daddy but he didn’t he said. “You know better than anyone else the to you is true, you’ll find it will be think is wrong.” In my life, this is the best 41. A. planned 42. A. understand 43. A. pleased 44. A. angrily 45. A. accept 46. A. opinion 47. A. video 48. A. mark 49. A. joy 50. A. stood 51. A. managed 52. A. picture 53. A. like 54. A. future 55. A. study 56. A. afraid 57. A. harmful 58. A. right 59. A. unless 60. A. news B. asked B. answer B. interested B. gently B. know B. trouble B. joke B. discuss B. excitement B. seen B. wanted B. memory B. remember B. ability B. listen B. tired B. helpful B. free B. when B. luck 60 58 57 55 . Don’t just close your ears in anger, feeling
to you. Our world is full of people who think 59 you can not tell right from
they know your duty. Don’t shut your ears. Listen to them all, and then find out what you . Your life will be greatly improved,
that Daddy has given me. D. offered D. care D. bored D. rudely D. imagine D. experience D. list D. avoid D. surprise D. developed D. failed D. show D. see D. truth D. control D. nervous D. peaceful D. difficult D. since D. advice
C. liked C. explain C. annoyed C. politely C. remember C. dream C. plan C. win C. worry C. changed C. hated C. feeling C. take C. promise C. work C. hurt C. hopeful C. strange C. although C. story
第二节 （共 10 小题；每小题 1.5 分，满分 15 分）
阅读下面材料，在空白处填入适当的内容（1 个单词）或括号内单词的正确形式。 Farming was once the main way of life in nearly every country. 61.________ food, people cannot live, and nearly all their food comes from crops and animals 62.________ ( raise ) on farms. Many other materials also come from plants and animals. Before 63.________ nineteenth century, the typical American family lived on a small farm. They fed pigs, cattle and sheep, and planted corn, fruits and wheat 64.________ ( make ) a living. Everyone worked long and hard, but they hardly got enough food for 65.________ ( them ). This situation began to change 66.________ ( great ) during the last half of the 1800’s. However, now farming has become less important as a way of life than ever before. The production of some major crops 67.________ ( increase ) in the past few years as a result of the appearance of scientific methods and labor-saving machines. Today farmers’ 68.________ ( able ) has been improved. S uccessful farmers are not only good at agriculture but at marketing and finance as well. Life will be difficult for farmers 69.________ only know how to grow crops. Now not many people keep 70.________ ( work ) on a farm to make a living any more, but farming still plays an important role in people’s life. 第四部分 写作（共两节，满分 35 分） 第一节 短文改错（共 10 小题；每小题 1 分，满分 10 分） 假定英语课上老师要求同桌之间交换修改作文，请你修改你同桌写的以下作文。文中共有 10 处 语言错误，每句中最多有两处。错误涉及一个单词的增加、删除或修改。 增加：在缺词处加一个漏字符号（∧） ，并在其下面写出该加的词。 删除：把多余的词用斜线（\）划掉。 修改：在错的词下面划一横线，并在该词下面写出修改后的词。 注意：1. 每处错误及其修改均仅限一词； 2. 只允许修改 10 处，多者（从第 11 处起）不计分。 I am exciting and can’t wait to share with you an unforgettable experience. The lesson that I gave it for the first time will live in my memory forever. Seeing a young teacher enter the classroom, some of my student began to make much noise. I stood on the platform, feeling nervously and not knowing what to do. Then I realize that something must be done. I asked the kids whether they were fond English songs. After take a deep breath, I sang a song . To my surprise, all kids were such interested that they started focusing on my class. Now I have much confidence than before and realize the importance of staying calm. However, if you meet problems in the future, don’t worry. Believe in yourself and solutions will come up soon. 第二节 书面表达 (25 分) 假如你是迎光中学的高一新生李华，学校将为高一新生举办主题为“What I Want to Learn in Senior School?”的英语演讲活动以规划自己高中的学习、生活，请结合自身看法与以下要点准备 一份演讲稿。 要点包括：
1. 学会学习：养成良好的学习习惯?? 2. 学会与人相处：待人友善?? 3. 培养良好的品质：勇敢、乐观、不放弃?? 4. 其它?? 写作要求： 1. 词数 120 词左右； 2. 开头、结尾已给出，不计入总词数； 3. 可以适当增加细节，以使 行文连贯。 Ladies and gentlemen, Good morning! I’m Li Hua. I feel it an honor to give a speech here about “What I Want to Learn in Senior School.” ______________________________________________________________________________________ ______________________________________________________________________________________ ______________________________________________________________________________________ _______________Thanks for listening.
copyright ©right 2010-2020。