Module 5 Unit 1 Getting along with others Period 1 Welcome to the unit & Reading （1）Secrets and lies 一、学习目标 【知识与技能】 1. 理解文章大意与细节; 2. 掌握阅读内心倾诉式书信体记事文方
法; 3. 分析长难句。 【过程与方法】 1. 通过跳读，归纳概括文章的大意; 2. 通过查读，理解文章细节，分析作者情感，了解内心世界; 3. 通过分析长、难句，提高阅读理解能力。 【情感态度与价值观】 通过本单元课文学习，启发学生思考人文层面的提升，同时也激励学生树立正确积极的人生 观与价值观, 帮助学生了解如何交友，真朋友的标准以及朋友应该具备的素质。 二、 学习重、难点 :1. 理解课文; 2. 分析 2 个长、难句。 三、 学习课时 1 课时 四、 学习过程 Step 1 主题引入 Almost everyone , rich or poor, should at least have one or two friends. My friends will listen to me when I want to speak, will wipe my eyes when I cry, will take care of me when I am sick, and my friends will go together with me side by side through this journey of life. Friendship is a kind of treasure in our lives. It is actually like a bottle of wine. The longer it is kept, the sweeter it will be. It is also like a cup of tea. When we are thirsty, it will be our best choice, but when we have enough time to enjoy ourselves, it is also the most fragnant drink. So friends are a very important part of our lives. A true friend is one soul in two bodies. True friends have hearts that beat as one. Step 2 Talk about the 4 pictures on Page 1. Picture 1: Where are the two girls? What are they doing there? Do you think they enjoy their company? Do you like spending time with your friends? What do you think `Friends are thieves of time? means? Picture 2: What do you use a mirror for? What is the girl on the left doing? Do you think the girl on the right is a good friend? Why? How long have you known your best friend? Do you know everything about your best friend? Do you think your friend influences you a lot? What do you think the saying ?The best friend is an old mirror? means? Picture 3: What is the boy on the left doing? Why does he do so? Why does the boy on the left look puzzled? Do you think it is possible for a person to buy friendship? In your opinion, what is the basis of a good friendship? Picture 4: Aristotle once said ? A true friend is one soul in two bodies. ? Does this saying imply the same meaning as the one below this picture? Step 3 Discussion 1. A friend is someone who is honest, kind-hearted, diligent, generous, understanding, smart, caring, carefree. A friend is someone who you respect and who respects you. A friend is someone who is honest, affectionate and loving and shares your happiness and sorrows. A friend is someone who accepts your differences. A friend is someone who is devoted and loyal to you and is selfless.
2. The most important quality in a friend is: 3. Friendship is largely based on mutual support and interest. Step 4 Reading comprehension on Page 2 一轮阅读，完成表层理解。 1. Have students go through the first letter as quickly as possible and try to find the answers to the three questions in Part A. 2. True or false : Hannah and Sarah used to get along well with each other before the incident. ( ) Sarah didn?t expect that she should have got the lowest grade in her class. ( ) It was Hannah who told Sarah that Sarah had done badly in the exam. ( ) 3. 选择最佳答案： 1). Why did Sarah feel betrayed? A. Her friend Hannah didn?t talk to her any more. B. She got a D in the Maths test. C. Hannah?s mark was higher than hers. D. She thought Hannah gave her away. 2). Why was Sarah proud of herself after the test? A. She felt the test was easy and she thought she had done it very well. B. She felt the test was very difficult. C. Her teacher praised her. D. Her classmates admired her very much. 3). Why didn?t Sarah forgive Hannah? A. She thought Hannah kept her word. B. She thought Hannah didn?t keep her word. C. She thought Hannah wasn?t her best friend. D. She thought Hannah teased her. 4. Reading strategy: 本单元是内心倾诉式书信体记事文，重点在于通过理解作者的内心情感， 从而做出准确判断，并给予合理的建议和帮助。 方法：1. 抓住记事文题材，了解基本事实 Secrets and lies 中 的 基 本 事 实 time---- on Monday, place-----at school, characters: Hannah and Sarah , event ------Sarah didn?t pass an easy test and her friend let it known to all. cause----Sarah thought Hannah told everyone about her mark after promising not to. result--- Sarah lost her best friend and everyone teased her. 2. 分析作者情感，了解内心世界 此类文章的阅读重点在于对作者的情感世界的把握，从而达到给予合理建议的阅读目的。 How Sarah felt? Betrayed----She thought Hannah didn?t keep her secret; Shamed----- She scored the lowest mark in her class; Upset----She found a piece of paper on her desk saying “ Stupid Sarah got a D ” Angry---- She thought Hannah didn?t keep her promise. Step 5 分析长难句 1. I must have sounded very proud of myself after the quize, saying how easy it was and how I was sure to get a good grade. (P2 L8---9) 这是一个______句。a. must have done 一定…… 对过去发生的事情的____________。 b. saying…是分词短语作_______状语。 c. and 连接的两个 how 引导的感叹句做 saying 的____语。 2. However, the next day, I noticed that my calssmates were staring at me as I came into math class and, when I went to sit down, I was shocked to find a piece of paper on my desk that said, “ Stupid Sarah got a D ”. (P2 L16—18) ①这是一个 and 连接的_______________； ②第一个 that 引导的是__________语从句; ③as 引导的是________________________; ④when 引导的是__________________; ⑤第 二个 that 引导的是_____语从句，修饰先行词 a piece of paper 。
Step 6 Assignments :1. 预习第二封信 2. 在第一封信中找出含 must 的句子。 Module 5 Unit 1 Period 2 Reading(1) Friendship in trouble 一、学习目标 【知识与技能】 1. 理解文章大意与细节; 2. 掌握阅读内心倾诉式书信体记事文方法; 3. 分析长难句。 【过程与方法】 1. 通过跳读，归纳概括文章的大意; 2. 通过查读，理解文章细节，分析作者情感，了解内心世界; 3. 通过分析长、难句，提高阅读理解能力。 【情感态度与价值观】 通过本单元课文学习，启发学生思考人文层面的提升，同时也激励学生树立正确积极的人生 观与价值观, 帮助学生了解如何交友，真朋友的标准以及朋友应该具备的素质。 二、 学习重、难点 :1. 理解课文; 2. 分析 2 个长、难句。 三、 学习课时 1 课时 四、 学习过程 Step 1 Check homework 1. 从课文中找出并理解下列词汇的含义： betrayed ___________ academic ______________ quiz ________ admit _______________ pretend ____________ cheerful _______________ beg _________ upset _______________ swear ______________ washroom _____________ fun _________ forgive______________ 2. 从课文中找出并理解下列短语的含义： primary school __________ It is no fun doing/to do _______like it that way _____________ be proud of _____________ get good grades _____________feel ashamed ______________ the next day_____________ beg sb not to do _____________feel like doing _____________ stare at sb/sth.____________ not any more ______________ spy on sb. _______________ keep one?s word _________________ behind one?s back ____________________________ 3. 从课文中找出含 must have done 的句子并将其翻译成汉语。 1). I must have sounded very proud of myself after the quiz,saying how easy it was and how I was sure to get a good grade. 2). I thought Hannah must have told my classmates about my grade after promising not to. 3). Everyone must have been laughing behind my back. Step 2 Reading comprehension on Page 3 一轮阅读，完成表层理解。 1. Ask students to read the two letter and complete Parts C1,C2 on Page 3. 2. True or false: Sarah thought she had done very well in the maths test but in fact she didn?t. ( ) When Sarah told she wasn?t going to be Hannah?s best friend any more, Hannah felt upset. Sarah and Hannah have been best friends since primary school. ( ) Andrew?s brother suggested he should make friends with Peter instead of Matthew. ( ) They lost the game because of Matthew?s absence. ( ) Matthew?s dilemma is that both football and friendship are important to him but he chooses the former. ( ) 3. 选择最佳答案： ①. What kind of boy was Matthew before? A. He was usually cheerful and outgoing. B. He was really quiet and sad.
C. He was really athletic and better at football than Andrew. D. He was always absent-minded. ②. When we want to read such kind of passage, what kind of reading strategy should we use? A. Read to understand the problems. B. Read to understand the details. C. Read to understand the emotion. D. Read to understand the plot. ③. How did Matthew feel after he quarrelled with Andrew? A. Happy. B. Moved. C. Annoyed. D. Upset. 4. Have students go over Part D and check the answers as a class. 5. Have students read the two letters again and finish Part E. 6.Have students read the passages in Part A and Part B on Pages 94---95 in the workbook. 7. 根据 Reading 的课文内容填空（每空不超过三个单词） Secrets and lies A friendship in trouble Sarah and Hannah: Andrew and Matthew: ★They 1.________ each other at primary They have been best friends since school. 6.____________________ and play ★They stay with each other almost every together in the school football team. Who day and work hard. When Where What After a surprise 2.________________ At Sarah?s school ★ Sarah told Hannah she had got the lowest grade. ★ Some students 3._____________Sarah for her low grade and Sarah thought Hannah must have told her secret to other students. ★Hannah was upset and 4.____________ That she hadn?t told anyone. After a 7._____________________ At Andrew?s school ★Matthew played 8.____________ in the match. ★Andrew blamed him for his not trying hard enough. ★They began arguing fiercely. ★They hurt each other by saying 9.__________________________.
Sarah didn?t believe Hannah?s 5._________ ★They didn?t talk to each other and said they weren?t going to be friends any more. ★Andrew was afraid that he would any more. 10._________Matthew?s friendship. Step 3 分析长难句 1. Yesterday, I saw him talking to another boy, Peter, and I can?t help wondering if he wants to be his best friend instead of me. (P3 L49—50) a. 这是一个_________________句； b. see sb. doing… 看见某人正在做某事，强调动作 _____________; c. can?t help doing… 禁不住/忍不住做某事；d. if 引导的是______语从句。 2. I told my brother about the quarrel, but he said Matthew is just too sensitive and perhaps a little bitter because I am really athletic and good at football, and that I had better find another friend. (P3 L50---53) a. 这是一个_________句；b. said 后面是 and 的两个_________从句，第一个 that 位于 said 后，可以省略；第二个 that_______省略；c. because 引导的是_______状语从句。 Step 4 Homework : 1. Ask students to finish language practiceA1, A2 and A3 in workbook on Page 90. How
2.Let students read the two letters loudly and try to remember the key words andphrases. Module 5 Unit 1 Periods 3-----4 Reading (2) Language study 一、学习目标 【知识与技能】 识记、理解并掌握 8 个单词、短语及句式其解题方法与技巧。 【过程与方法】 1. 通过朗读、比较、观察和思考，掌握主题句的寻找方法和分析句子结构的方法； 2. 通过选择、填空、翻译等形式的练习，掌握使用单词和短语的方法。 【情感态度与价值观】 通过单词、短语的学习和造句等练习，培养学生的表达能力与良好的英语思维习惯。 二、 学习重点与难点 识记和理解 8 个单词，短语的用法，复习 must + 完成式的含义及用法。 三、学习课时 2 课时 四、学习过程 Step 1 课前预习 一).朗读下列单词, 指出其在课文中的意思。 superb(P3L35)__________ focus (P3L35)_________ horrible(P3L41)__________ guilty ( P3L42)__________ cruel( P3L43)__________ awkward(P3L46)_________ bitter(P3L52)___________ athletic(P3L52)__________ sensitive(P3L51)__________ remark(P3L43)___________ annoyed(P3L39)_________ fault(P3L39)_____________ apologize(P3L48)_________ argument(P3L41)_________ outgoing(P3L46)___________ 二).朗读下列短语, 指出其在课文中的意思。 play as well as me___________________ stop talking to me _______________________ can?t help wondering________________ had better not do ________________________ shout at sb. ________________________ turn …into… ___________________________ keep pace with ______________________ sit next to ___________________________ apologize to sb. for sth.________________ even though ____________________________ be determined to do ___________________ get annoyed _____________________________ look quiet and sad _____________________ stare at sb. ______________________________ feel ashamed of_______________________ be gifted at/in ___________________________ talk aboutsb/sth behind one?s back________________________________________________ blame sb. for sth. _____________________ argue sb. into doing sth. __________________ argue about sth. With sb. ______________ turn to a dictionary ______________________ admit doing sth. ______________________ admit sb. into ___________________________ Step 2 目标呈现 学习任务：明确本节课学习目标。 1. fun 2. pretend 3. admit 4. blame 5. before long 6. keep pace with 7. spy on 8. keep one?s word 大声朗读以上单词和短语。 Step 3 课堂探究 课堂探究（一）大声朗读下列句子，理解 fun 的含义以及用法。 1.Sometimes, other children say we are no fun because we both very academic and like to study, but we like it that way.(P2L3-5) (句意： fun 词性： 意思： )
2. What fun it is to have a picnic in the park on weekends in such fine weather! 3. She said that just for fun. Don?t be too serious. 4. The children are having so much fun. I do not want to call them inside. 5. People make fun of her because she wears such fun clothes. 6. It is no fun working inside when the weather is so nice. 归纳与小结：fun 作形容词，表示____________, 作名词，表示_____________________。 funny 是形容词，意思是________________________。大声朗读并记住下列固定短语： be full of fun 很好玩； only/just for fun 只是为了好玩/取乐/消遣； have fun 玩乐，作乐； for the fun of it =for fun; make fun of 嘲弄，取笑； What fun it is to do sth! 做某事多么有趣啊！ It is no fun to do/ doing sth.做某事没趣。 课堂探究（二）大声朗读下列句子，理解 pretend 的含义以及用法。 1.Afterwards, I pretended to be cheerful, but Hannah sensed something was wrong.(P2L12) 2. She didn?t want to talk to others in the room, so she pretended to be reading. 3. In the game the children pretended that they were ghosts and played tricks on others. 4. Peter wasn?t crying; he was only pretending. 5. Pretending to be soldiers, the boys were playing games. 6. We mustn?t pretend to know what we don?t know. 7. When her mother asked her to do her homework, Mary pretended to be sick. 归纳与小结：pretend vt & vi 假装。 后接不定式或宾语从句。不定式可以是：to do/to be; to have done/to have been; to be doing 等。Pretender n 冒充者 pretence n 假象；伪装。 【巩固练习】当他发现有人在看他时，他假装正在看报纸。 When he found someone watching him, he pretended _____ ______ __________ newspaper. 课堂探究（三）大声朗读下列句子，理解 admit 的含义以及用法。 1. We went wash our hands in the girls? washroom before lunch and I admitted how badly I had done. (P2L13—14) You must admit their work to be difficult. 2. The thief admitted the guilty. 4. The boy admitted having broken the window. 5. We have to admit that he is a highly competent man. 6. Last year she was admitted to/into Beijing University. 归纳与小结： admit 后接动名词， that 从句作宾语， 不定式作宾补。 admitted into/to 被…… Be 大学录取。 【巩固练习】1. Tom admitted ______________________(see) twice this month. 2. He is admitted ________________ Beijing University this year. 3. Faced with so much evidence, the young man had to admit _____the treasures from the Imperial Palace. A. stealing B. to steal C. steal D. stolen 课堂探究（四）大声朗读下列句子，理解 blame 的含义以及用法。 1. If you don?t pass the exam, don?t blame me. 2. Your blame made her very upset. 3. Don?t blame poverty and unemployment on the government. 4. David?s mother blamed him for his breaking the window.
5.I will take the blame if it goes wrong. 6. The polluted water was to blamer for the outbreak of the disease. 7. The report balmes poor safety standards for the accident. 归纳与小结：blame v & n 责备，指责。1. sb/sth be to blame 某事/某人被责备，主动表被 动； 2. blame sb for sth/ doing sth. 因……而责备某人； 3. blame sth on sb 把……归咎于某 人。4. I don?t blame her/him/you. 我不怪她/他/你。 Take the blame 承担责任 Put/lay/ the blame on sb. 把责任归咎于某人。 【巩固练习】正是那个司机而不是这个孩子对这起事故负责。 1. It was the driver rather than the boy _______ ________ _______ ________ _________the accident. 2. According to the driver?s explanation, it was the old man rather than he that ___the accident. A. was blamed for B. blamed for C. was to blame for D. was to be blamed for 课堂探究（五）大声朗读下列句子，理解 before long 的含义以及用法。 1. Don?t be upset. We will meet again in Paris before long. 2. The family moved to New York and before long they went to Washington. 3. I had known him long before you knew him. 归纳与小结：before long 表示“很快，不久” 与一般_________时和一般_________时连用； ， long before 表示“老早就，很久以前就” ，与过去完成时连用，不与将来时连用；另外，before long 后不接从句，只能单独使用，long before 后既可接从句，也可单独使用。 We will know the result of the exam ________________________. She had seen the film _________________________________. 注意： not long before 的用法。It will be long before the danger is over. 要等很久危险才会过 去。 It won?t be long before we meet in Great Britain.不久我们将在英国见面。主句用一般将 来时，从句用一般现在时。It was not long before… 很久以后才…… , 不久以后……。It was long before he returned to his hometown. 他很久以后才回国。 It wasn?t long before they took measures to control prices. 他们不久就采取措施控制物价。 【巩固练习】句型转换，每空填一词。Your dad will come back from Hong Kong soon. Your dad will come back from Hong Kong __________ ___________. 课堂探究（六）大声朗读下列句子，理解 keep pace with 的含义以及用法。 1. The boy ran along to keep pace with his brother. 2. I find it hard to keep pace with all the developments in the cellphone. 归纳与小结：keep pace with 意思是：紧跟上，与……步调一致。a. pace n pace of life 生活 节奏；go through/ show one?s pace 展示自己的能力；set the pace 领先，制定标准。 b. pace v pace…off/out 一步丈量。 【巩固练习】根据汉语意思，完成句子。 爷爷每天都看报纸以了解最新的国内外局势。 Grandpa reads newspapers every day to _______ _______ _______ the latest national and international situation. 课堂探究（七）大声朗读下列句子，理解 spy on 的含义以及用法。 1. She said that someone must have been spying on us in the washroom, but I didn?t believe her explanation. (P2L24—26)
2. The policeman was spying on the tall man in black. 3. Mrs. Brown like spying on her neighbours. 归纳与小结：spy on 暗中监视，窥探，后接名词/代词作宾语。 相关短语： 1. spy out the land 事先摸清情况 2. spy out 查明，察觉。 【巩固练习】翻译下列句子。 他慢慢地转过身，发现有人正在监视他。 He slowly turned around, __________________________________________________him. 课堂探究（八）大声朗读下列句子，理解 keep one?s word 的含义以及用法。 1. I waas so angry that I went straight to Hannah and told her we weren?t going to be friends any more because she couldn?t keep her word.P2L21—22) 2.If you promise, you should keep your word. 3. I hope you will always keep your word. 归纳与小结：keep one?s word 信守诺言，履行诺言。word 表示诺言，保证，消息，谣言 传闻，信息，为不可数名词，不与 a, the 连用，也不可用复数形式。 相关短语：have a word with sb. 与某人谈谈 have words with sb.与某人争吵 have no words for 难以用语言形容某事 in other words 换句话说，也就是说 beyond words 无法用语言表达 break one?s word 食言，失信 eat one?s words 收回前言 leave word 留言，留下口信或字条 get word 听说，得知，获得消息 word for word= word by word 原原本本地，逐字逐句地 【巩固练习】翻译下列句子。 把他说的一五一十地告诉我。Tell me what he said, __________________________. Step 4. 语言点小结： 1. must have done sth. 过去一定做过某事，对过去发生的事情的肯定猜测； may/might have done 过去可能（也许）做过没事 can/could/couldn?t/can?t have done 对过去发生的事情的怀疑或否定 should/ought to/shouldn?t/oughtn?t to have done 对过去发生的事情的责备（语气很强） could/would have done 过去本可以（能够）做（责备语气弱） could/ might/should/ would have done 表示虚礼过去 2. accuse sb. of sth. 指责某人某事， 指控某事犯有某罪； 3. blame sb. for doing sth. 责备某人某事 4. can?t help/stand/ bear doing 禁不住/忍不住做某事 5. apologize to sb. for sth. 因某事向某人道歉 6. feel like crying 恨不得要哭了，好想哭 7. It is no fun to do/ doing 做某事没趣 8. There is no doubt that… 肯定，无疑 9. keep one?s word 守诺，守信 10. I believe you have done your best and that things will improve. She told us she was busy now and that she would help us later. He promised me he would be home early and that he wouold buy me some flowers. 注意：宾语从句的连词 that, if, whether 在有插入语和并列连词时，连词不可省。 Step 5. Homework
1. Ask students to preview Word power. 2. Finish workbook exercise of Part B1,B2. Module 5 Unit 1 Period 5 Word power 一、学习目标 【知识与技能】 识记并理解积极与消极的情感形容词。 【过程与方法】 通过练习、比较掌握常见的情感形容词的同义词与反义词。 【情感态度与价值观】 通过本单元词汇的学习，学生能够有一个积极的心态，能够交到更多、更好的朋友，学会与 人相处之道。 二、 学习重点与难点 学会并能运用肯定和否定的情感形容词。 三、学习课时 1 课时 四、学习过程 Step 1. Brainstorming Who is your best friend ? Can you describe her/him? Lucy is my best friend. She is 17. She likes playing volleyball. She also likes to help others. She is warm-hearted and selfless. She is helpful. In your opinion, what kind of person is easy to get along with and make friends with? What personality would you not like a friend to have? Personality : Positive: friendly, kind, warm-hearted, loyal, devoted, honest, open-minded, polite, well-mannered, generous, helpful, reliable,cheerful, happy, determined, strong-minded, out-going, easy-going, hard-working, humorous, calm, academic, athletic, careful, clever, bright, talkative, strict, dependable; Negative: serious and bad-tempered, boring, impolite, unkind, dishonest, stubborn, unreliable, lazy, selfish, rude, stupid, naughty, cold-hearted, unfriendly. Step 2. Vocabulary learning 1. Have students look at Page 6. Ask students to read the first table. Notice the pronunciation of the compound words. Then check the mispronunciation. warm-hearted, open-minded, narrow-minded, bad-tempered. 2. Ask students to read the second table on Page 6. Make sure the students understand the meaning of Synonyms and Antonyms(同义词与反义词). Have students guess the meaning of the new words by studying their synonyms or antonyms. 3. Have students do the following exercises: Synonyms brave courageous, smart clever , loyal faithful , diligent hard-working Antonyms interesting boring , open-minded close-minded , sad happy , selfish selfless 4. Gusee the meaning of the following: giving or ready to give freely: g_______________ dependable: r_____________ providing help or always being willing to help others: h___________________ kind to others: f___________ with one?s mind firmly made up: d_________________ fond of talking: t_____________ strong-willed or determined: s___________________
(generous, helpful, friendly, determined,talkative, strong-minded, reliable ) Step 3. Vocabulary extension 1. Have students focus on Part A on Page 7. Have students complete the exercise individually first, then check the answers as a class. A. (1) easy-going (2) quiet (3) shy (4) friendly (5) honest (6) hard-working (7) humorous (8) strict 2. Think of as many positive and negative adjectives as they can that describe personality. A. Positive adjectives: friendly, kind, warm-hearted, loyal, devoted, honest, open-minded, polite, well-mannered, generous, helpful, reliable,cheerful, happy, determined, strong-minded, out-going, easy-going, hard-working, humorous, calm, academic, athletic, careful, clever, bright, talkative, strict, dependable; B. Negative adjectives: serious and bad-tempered, boring, impolite, unkind, dishonest, stubborn, unreliable, lazy, selfish, rude, stupid, naughty, cold-hearted, unfriendly. 3. Have students describe three things that they like about their friend. Note: use positives. I like my friend Lucy because she is…
Step 4. Homework 1. Ask students to preview Grammar and usage. 2. Students are expected to remember all the words and phrases learned in Reading and Word power.
Module 5 Unit 1 Periods 6—7 Grammar and usage 一、学习目标：不定式与动名词 【知识与技能】 1.扎实掌握不定式与动名词的特征，功能，否定式及其用法和它们的区别。 【过程与方法】 ①通过读一些句子，学习、理解语法规则； ②通过练习法、比较法，演绎归纳法，设计填空题等。 ③自主学习，合作探究；学会分析与总结的方法，并能学以致用。 ④激情投入，疯狂记忆，体验学习的快乐。 【情感态度与价值观】 通过发现、学习、掌握规律，使学生掌握非谓语动词的各种用法，并灵活运用到写作中。 二、学习重点、难点 理解和掌握谓语与非谓语动词的区别以及非谓语动词相互之间的用法区别。 三、学习课时 2 课时 四、学习过程一．英语非谓语动词： （一） 不定式的用法 1：不定式作宾语 1). 只能用不定式作宾语的动词有： choose/agree/afford/decide/determine/expect/fail/refuse/hesitate/hope/manage/offer/plan/perpare/ pretend/promise/want/need/wish/used to/be used to（被用于）/ would like(love, prefer, hate)to do; 2). 只 能 用 动 名 词 作 宾 语 的 动 词 有 ： suggest/advise/escape/risk/avoid/allow/permit/admit/appreciate/consider/delay/deny/enjoy/dislike/ finish/forbid/mind/miss/understand/imagine/practise/be used to （习惯于） lead to,object to , （反对） , devote… to , feel like, be busy in, give up, get down to （开始做） insist on, go back to,pay attention , to, have difficulty /trouble in, have a nice/good/hard/wonderful time in,can’t help, look forward to； 3). need/want/require + doing， 主动表示被动。need/want/require to be done 不定式用被动式。 4).不定式做宾语与动名词作宾语有区别的动词有： forget, remember, regret, mean,try, go on, look forward to, be used to, can’t help. 2. 不定式作宾补： 1). 感官动词的宾语补语用动词原形： see, watch, notice, hear, look at, listen to, observe, feel , find sb. do sth. 2). 使役动词的宾语补语用动词原形： let ,have, make sb. do sth. 3). 使役动词的宾补用不定式：get, advise, allow, permit, ask, beg, wish, cause, order, expect, choose, require, tell, encourage, warn, force, intend, prefer , invite, forbid, remind, wait for, call on, depend on sb to do sth. 4). get/have sb/sth doing sth. 使某人持续做某事， have/get sth. done 使某事做/让某事做/使….. 遭受。 3.作定语： 1). 不定式作定语表将来，必须后置，不定式动词必须是及物动词；不及物动词必须加介词。 ①表示有和给与的动词后用不定式作定语； ② 名词前有序数词修饰，用不定式作定语； ③名词是 the way/the ability/ the chance/ possibility/warning/decision/effort/attempt/the approach; 2). 动名词作定语，前置，表名词所具有的功能；现在分词作定语，表示主谓关系，分词短语 必须后置； 3). 过去分词作定语，及物表被动，不及物，表完成。
4). to be done 表示将来时间；being done 表示动作正在进行；done 表示被动与完成。 4. 作状语：①. 不定式作状语，位于句首，表示目的，位于句中，无逗号，表示原因，目的， 结果。be + adj(表示情感的形容词) , 不定式表示原因，go/come to do 表示目的，so…as to do , such …as to do, enough to do , 表示结果，only to do（表示意外的结果）, be + adj as to do , too…to do 表示结果， 位于句中，有逗号，表示意外的结果；be +adj (表示难易，好坏，轻重， 适合的形容词）作状语，主动表示被动。 ②.分词作状语，句首表示时间，条件，原因，方式或伴随，句中表示方式或伴随，自然而然的 结果。③ 直接用过去分词作状语而无须加 being 的有：compared to/with, lost/buried/absorbed in, seated at the back of, dressed in +颜色 adj, hidden + 介词短语，stationed + 介词短语，tired of, caught in a traffic jam/in a heavy rain/ in an earthquake 。 5.不定式作主语的句型： ①To is to do ②疑问词+ to do is/seems/remains/ ③It is adj of/for sb. to do sth. ④It is adj to do ⑤ It takes time for sb. to do sth. ⑥ It is a waste of time/money to do sth.
7）It is no use/no good no fun +doing (9) There is no use/no sense/no point (in)doing (8) There is no + doing (10) There is no need for sb./sth. to do
不定式巩固练习： I. 1. It is difficult __________(find) a best friend. 2. I need _________(sleep) 8 hours a day. 3.I have a very important meeting ___________( attend ). 4.I asked her _________ (wait) for me for a moment. 5.You need to apologize quickly ___________(avoid) losing a good friend. 6.We had nothing to do but ________ (watch) a film. 7.His aim was _________ (cheer ) me up. 8.I let her _________(borrow) my book. 9.Why not________(come) here a little earlier? 10. I’d rather______ (go) swimming . 11. You had better__________(not, give) up. 12.Things seem_____________(get) better. 13.She made me_________ (promise) ________(write) every day. 14.John pretended ___________ (not, see) me. 15. I saw her ________ (walk) to work. 16.I decided________ (write) rather than __________ (phone). II. 1. He forgot ________(close ) the door when he left. I’ll never forget________(win) my first gold medal. 2. I regret___________(inform) you that the flight has been cancelled. I regretted __________(tell) him about the serious car accident. 3. I am sorry I am too busy. I can’t help _______(look) after your pet cat. I can’t help _________(laugh) when I see him in his funny coat. 4.Sorry I didn’t mean ________ (hurt) you. Missing a bus here means ________(wait) 3 hours. 5.We must stop pollution___________(live) a better life . We must stop the polluted water ___________ (pollute) the river. 6. We are looking forward to ________(see) you again soon. The thief looked forward to _____________(see) if anyone was looking at him. III.. A.1. It’s not easy for me _______(find) a well-paid job in this small town. 2. The need _____________(love) and to be loved separates human beings from other animals. 3. There is no ________ (joke) about matters of life or death. 4. It’s impossible for us ________(remember) all these people’s names in such a short time. 5. It is a waste of effort _____(attempt) to persuade. He will never join us in making dumplings. B.1. a. I’m going to have my waste paper _______ away at once.
b. I’ll have my little sister_______ it away. (take) 2.a. The manager came in, __________by the secretary, who was holding the records needed for the meeting. b. The secretary came in, _____________ the manager. (follow) 3.a. Nancy wants _________ the flowers in the garden. b. Those trees need __________ in dry weather such as this. (water) 4. a. The question ___________ at the meeting last week is very important. b. The question _____now is more important than the one _______tomorrow. (discuss) 5. a. It is no use ____________ with her, for she won’t listen. (argue) b. There is no need ___________ with her, for it is up to her to make the decision. 6. a. Even though I spoke at the top of my voice, I couldn’t make myself ___________. b. Although I shouted to him, I couldn’t make him ____________. (hear) 7.a. With no one ___________ with, the little girl felt lonely. (play) b. With many friends________ with her, the little girl didn’t feel lonely. 8.a. I used to watch cars_____________ in the garage when I was young. b. I’m glad I am getting my old car __________. (repair) IV 高考试题： 1. Simon made a big bamboo box______ the little sick bird till it could fly.(2011，四川) A. keep B. kept C. to keep D. keeping 2. Lydia doesn’t feel like _____ abroad. Her parents are old. (2011，四川) A. study B. studying C. studied D. to study 3.The ability ____ an idea is as important as the ideas itself. (2011,湖南) A. expressing B. expressed C. to express D. to be expressed 4. More TV programs, according to government officials, will be produced _____ people’s concern over food safety. (2011,重庆) A. to raise B. raising C. to have raised D. having raised 5. Passengers are permitted______ only one piece of hand luggage onto the plane.(2011 天津) A. to carry B. carrying C. to be carried D. being carried 6. It is important for the figures _____ regularly. (2011, 北京) A. to be updated B. to have been updated C. to update D. to have updated 7. The difference in thickness and weight from the earlier version makes the iPad2 more comfortable ______. (2011,福建) A. held B. holding C. be held D. to hold 8. If they win the final tonight, the team are going to tour around the city _____ by their enthusiastic supporters. (2011, 浙江) A. being cheered B. be cheered C. to be cheered D. were cheered 9. Tom asked the candy makers if they could make the chocolate easier _____ into small pieces. (2011, 安徽) A. break B. breaking C. broken D. to break 10. This machine is very easy____. Anybody can learn to use it in a few minutes. (2012, 辽宁) A. operating B. to be operating C. operated D. to operate 11. He got up late and hurried to his office, _____the breakfast untouched. (2012,天津) A. left B. to leave C. leaving D. having left 12. I remembered ____ the door before I left the office, but forgot to turn off the lights.(2012,安徽) A. locking B. to lock C. having locked D. to have locked
13. When ___ for his views about his teaching job, Philip said he found it very interesting and rewarding. (2012, 安徽)A. asking B. asked C. having asked D. to be asked 14. We’ve had a good start, but next, more work needs ___to achieve the final success. A. being done B. do C. to be done D. to do(2012 湖南) 15.The lecture, _____at 7:00pm last night, was followed by an observation of the moon with telescopes. (2012 湖南) A. starting B. being started C. to start D. to be started 16. One learns a language by making mistakes and _____ them. (2012 北京) A. corrects B. correct C. to correct D. correcting 17. ____ at the door before you enter my room, please. (2012 北京) A. Knock B. Knocking C, Knocked D. To knock 18. Birds’ singing is sometimes a warning to other birds____ away. (2102 北京) A. to stay B. staying C. stayed D. stay 19._____ in a long queue, we waited for the store to open to buy a new iPad. (2012 陕西) A. Standing B. To stand C. Stood D. Stand 20. No matter how bright a talker you are, there are times when it’s better ___silent.(12 浙江) A. remain B. be remaining C. having remained D. to remain 21. I think Tom，as the head of the department, should either study or ____his job.(12 浙江) A. quits B. to quit C. quitting D. quit 22. “ It’s such a nice place ,” Mother said as she sat at the table ____ for customers.(12 浙江) A. to be reserved B. having reserved C. reserving D. reserved 23. China recently tightened its waters controls near the Huangyan Island to prevent Chinese fishing boats from ______. (2012 福建) A. attacking B. having attacked C. being attacked D. having been attacked 24.George returned after the war, only____ that his wife had left him. (2012 山东) A. to be told B. telling C. being told D. told 25. After completing and signing it, please return the form to us in the envelope___. (12 山东) A. providing B. provided C. having provided D. provide 26. Having finished her project, she was invited by the school ___to the new students.(12 江西) A. speaking B. having spoken C. to speak D. to have spoken 27. John has really got the job because he showed me the official letter ____ him it. (12 江西) A. offered B. offering C. to offer D. to be offered 28. ____an important decision more on emotion than on reason, you will regret it sooner or later. (2012 江苏) A. Based B. Basing C. Base D. To base 29. The party will be held in the garden, weather _____. (2012 全国卷 II) A. permitting B. to permit C. permitted D. permit 30. Film has a such shorter history, especially when ___ such art forms as music and painting. A. having compared to B. comparing to C. compare to D. compared to 31. Tony lent me the money, ___ that I’d do as much for him. (2012 全国 II) A. hoping B. to hope C. hoped D. having hoped 32. The old man sat in front of the TV every evening, happy___ anything that happened to be on. (2012 全国 II)A. to watch B. watching C. watched D. to have watched 33. ___ to work overtime that evening, I missed a wonderful film. (2012 重庆) A. Having been asked B. To ask C. Having asked D. To be asked
34. Before you quit your job, ____ how your family would feel about your decision.(12 重庆) A. consider B. considering C. to consider D. considered 35. We’re having a meeting in half an hour. The decision _____ at the meeting will influence the future of our company. (2012 重庆) A. to be made B. being made C. made D. having been made 36. Tom took a taxi to the airport, only ___ his plane high up in the sky.(2012 四川) A. finding B. to find C. being found D. to have found 37.Alexander tried to get his work ____ in the medical circles. (2012 辽宁) A. to recognize B. recognizing C. recognize D. recognized 38. That is the only way we can imagine _____the overuse of water in students’ bathrooms. A. reducing B. to reduce C. reduced D. reduce (2010 上海) 39.I still remember _____ to the Famen Temple and what I saw there. (2010 陕西) A. to take B. to be taken C. taking D. being taken 40. I had great difficulty ___ the suitable food on the menu in that restaurant. (2010 上海) A. find B. finding C. found D. to find 41. With Father’s Day around the corner, I’ve taken some money from the bank ______gifts for my dad. A. buy B. to buy C. buying D. to have bought (2010 全国卷) 英语非谓语动词用法： （二）V-ing 形式 二．动名词的用法 1. 动名词的用法：动名词具有名词性，在句中作主语和宾语；具有形容词性，在句中作定语 和表语。a. 作主语 Swimming is good for your health. It is no good/no use saying without doing anything. Seeing is believing. b. 作宾语：作动词的宾语 stand/admit/dislike/ imagine/delay/consider/mind/understand/avoid/enjoy/practise/miss/finish/keep/suggest/appreciate/ escape/risk; 动名词作介词的宾语：be busy in doing, be fond of doing, be used to doing, feel like doing, what about/how about doing, be good at doing, be tired of doing, look forward to doing , insist on doing, devote oneself to doing, be proud of doing, spend time doing, think of doing, be interested in doing, instead of doing, have difficulty/trouble in doing, prefer doing to doing; 另外， 动词 need/want/require/ be worth doing 主动表示被动。c. 动名词作定语： a swimming pool, waiting room , dancing hall, walking stick, a sleeping boy, 巩固练习：1. 动名词作主语： 1. It is no use _______ (cry) over spilt milk. 2. It is no good ________(worry) about it. 3. _______(laugh) helps your body stay healthy and can even help you fight pain. 4.There is no _______ (joke) about matters of life or death. 5. It is worthwhile _________ (become) teachers. 6. It’s a waste of time _______(do) it. 7. There is no need _________ (argue) with her. 8. There’s no use __________(persuade) him to give up smoking and drinking. 9.There is no point _________(ask) him to go with us. 10. ________(listen) to loud music does great harm to our ears. 2. 动名词作宾语： 1). I first began _________(visit) Internet a year ago. 2). I started ________(chat) regularly about two months later. 3). I love _______(chat) in chat rooms every day because sometimes I feel like ________ (pretend) to be someone else online. 4). Mum discourages me from _______(chat) online at about 10:p.m .
5). Last week, I even forgot ________(do) my homework. 6). Although I have fun with my online friends, I know that my real friends are more important than my online friends. So, I am considering __________(make) a change. 7). She is having a hard time ________ (work) out the math problem. 8). These days we are busy ___________ (harvest) rice. 9). With him leading the way, we have no trouble _________(find) our first teacher, Mr. Lee’s house. 10). Snow begins _______(melt) when spring is in. We’re beginning ________(have) our lesson without you. 11). She can’t stand ________(see) that boy. 12). I have to put off_______(shop) till tomorrow. 13). I look forward to ________(see) at the party to be held next week. 14). I don’t feel like __________( do) anything now. 15). He kept on ______(ask) me for my phone number. 16). I have to delay __________(answer) her letter this week. 17). The bird is lucky to escape _____________(shoot) that day. 18). I can’t imagine his ___________(live) in such a dirty place. 19). The noise of desks _______________(open) and closed can be heard in the street. 20). The old man kept fit by ____________(swim) every day, even in cold winter weather. 选择练习题： 1.My brother spent his time _____ in his study writing a new novel. A. locking B. lock C. locked D. to lock 2. The man went to bed______, and when he woke up he found his shoes still on. A. drink B. drunk C. to drink D. drinking 3._____ out of work for ages, mum took up the job of waiting on patients in hospitals. A. Having been B. Being C. To be D. Having 4. ____ ways to be more gentle with the Earth, or we will be punished. A. To find B. Finding C. Found D. Find 5.The teacher, _____ that his students have difficulty in English grammar, has decided to give them some further drilling. A. knowing B. known C. to know D. being known 6. Tom woke from a terrible dream,____ in another world, one that was real. A. only to find B. only finding C. only found D. only find 7. Had Tom spent as much time studying as he did_____ the computer games, he would have passed the exams. A. play B. to play C. playing D. played 8. With everything she needed ____, she went out of the shop, with her hands full of shopping bags. A. bought B. to buy C. buying D. buy 9. Little Bob is often educated by his parents to be good and friendly to anybody even if ____. A. attacking B. attacked C. to attack D. is attacked 10._____by his grandparents, Jimmy wasn’t used to living with his parents. A. To bring up B. To be brought up C. Brought up D. Being brought up 11. The students are forbidden, unless they have special passes, ____ after 11p.m. A. from staying out B. to stay out C. staying out D. stay out 12. _____ what would happen, none of them could find a way out. A. Left wondering B. Having left wondering C. Leaving to wonder D. Left to wonder 13. The small restaurant, _____________fast food, is very popular among children.(serve)
A. serve B. serves C. serving D. served IV. 用括号中所给动词的适当形式填空： 1. _________ (tell) you the truth, I feel like ________(go) to bed now. 2. __________(judge) by his accent, he comes from Changsha. 3. I have a lot of readings ____________(complete) before the end of this term. 4. ____________(learn) English well, we should find opportunities to hear English_________ (speak) as much as we can. 5. Lucy has a great sense of humor and always keeps her colleagues___________(amuse) with her stories. 6. ------ The English exam is not difficult, is it ? ------Yes. Even Tom _________ (belong) to the top students failed in it. 7. The retired man donated most of his savings to the school damaged by the earthquake in Yushu, ________ (enable) the students to return to their classrooms. 8.With his mother _________(help) him, he is getting on well with his work. 9. That is the best way we can think of __________(save) the dying girl. 10. Rather than _______(ask) for help from someone else, however difficult the task is, I prefer __________(complete) it by myself. 11. Who could have imagined such a sweet-tempered girl as Alice _______(do) that? 12. The WTO finally opened its door to China on Nov10, ____(end) our Chinese15-year wait. 13. When _______(ask) if she would request a rise, the actress noted that money was not important. 14. -----Who is the man that wants to see me? ----- A man __________(call) himself Mr. Stone. 15. I lost my way in complete darkness and, __________(make) things worse, it began to pour. 16. We were astonished _________(find) the temple still in its original condition. 17. __________(leave) in charge of the shopping centre has upset her for quite some time. 18. Exciting as its special effects are ___________(watch), there is too much violence in the film. 19. That light transit line , ___________(start) in July 2009 and ________________________ (complete) in 2014, will be China?s longest light rail transit line in history. 20. Many children have formed the habit of reading but _____________(not, take) efficient notes meanwhile. 21. A call made by my friend sent me ________(hurry) to Beijing to apply for the job. 22. When ___________(compare) different cultures, we often pay attention only to the differences without _________(notice)the many similarities. 23. As I will be away for at least a year , I?d appreciate __________(hear) from you now and then _______(tell) me how everyone is getting along. 24. The purpose of new technologies is to make life easier, not _____(make) it more difficult. 25. The thief was brought in, with his hands _________(tie) behind his back. 26. Once your business becomes international, ____________(fly) constantly will be part of your life. 27. “ Do you have anything more __________(type) ,sir? ” “ No. You can have a rest or do something else. ”
28. She took her son, ran out of the house, ________(put) him in the car and drove away. 29. The managers discussed the plan that they would like to see ___________(carry) out the next year. 30. Hearing the news, he rushed out, ___________(leave) the book______________(lie, open) on the table and disappeared into the distance. 31. When ________(ask) about his family, he made no answer. 32. If you want to make yourself _________(respect), you are above al to respect others. 33. ___________(follow) by five girls, the teacher went into the classroom. 34. We only sell __________(use) books in our bookstore. 35. Well ______________ (bring) up by his parents, the child learns very fast. 36. __________(speak) of dancing, I am all thumbs. 37. ___________(be) honest, I don?t quite agree with you. 38. ______________(talk) of Gong Li , how many of her movies do you really like ? 39. Mr. Parkinson stood up and left the room, __________(close) the door behind him. 40. ___________( receive, not) a reply, he decided to write again. 41. “ Can?t you read? ” Mary said angrily ___________(point) to the notice. V. 选择最佳答案： 1. ---- The last one _______ pays the bill. ---- Agreed! A. arrived B. arrives C. to arrive D. arriving 2. He is a student at Oxford University, _____ for a degree in computer science. A. studied B. studying C. to have studied D. to be studying 3. ----- Did Peter fix the computer himself? -----He _____. He doesn?t know much about computers. A. has it fixed B. had fixed C. had it fixed D. fixed it 4. “ Things _______ never come again .” I couldn?t help talking to myself. A. lost B. losing C. to lose D. have lost 5. The next thing he saw was smoke ____ from behind the house. A. rose B. rising C. to rise D. risen 6. The island , ____ to the mainland by a bridge, is easy to go to. A. joining B. to join C. joined D. having joined 7. Sarah pretended to be cheerful, ________ nothing about the argument. A. says B. said C. saying D. to say
Module 5 Unit 1 Period 8
Writing a letter to a friend
copyright ©right 2010-2020。