必修五 Module 5 The Great Sports PersonalityV
考点 1. 1) The teacher together with the students ___________ discussing Reading Skills that ____________ newly published in American. A are; wer
e B is; were C are; was D is; was 考点 2 1) ________ at failing in the maths exam, John wouldn’t like to talk about it to his parents. A Disappointed B To be disappointed C Disappointing D Having disappointed 2) When he heard the _____ news, his _______ was very great. A disappointed; disappoint B disappointing; disappoint C disappointing; disappointment D disappointed; disappointment 3) (北京春招) – I’m very ________ with my own cooking. It looks nice and smells delicious. - Mm, it does have a ____________ smell. A pleasant; pleased B pleased; pleasant C pleasant; pleasant D pleased; pleasant 4) She failed in the examination. She looked at her mother’s _________ face and cried. A disappointing B disappointed C disappointedly D disappointingly 考点 3 ________ by a famous musician, the music sounds wonderful. A Performed B To be performed C Performed D To perform 考点 4 (09 江苏) Compared with his sister, Jerry is even more _________ to, and more easily troubled by, emotional and relationship problems. A skeptical B addicted C available D sensitive 考点 5 increase by + _________________ → ―增加了… 倍/百分之几‖: Food prices increased by 10%. Increase to + _________________ → ―增加到…‖: The salary is $800 a month, increasing to $900. 辨析: increase & improve 易混词 increase improve 1）The number of cars in the world ____________ year by year. A is increasing B are increasing C increase D increasing 考点 6 1) In playing basketball, Yao Ming has an advantage __________ others. A with B for C over D on 2) Being able to speak another language fluently is a great _______ when you’re looking for a job. A advantage B chance C assistant D importance 考点 7 倍数表达方式: as … as 结构:1) _______________________________ → Henry is as good a worker as Peter (is). 2) _______________________________ → I have as many books as Tom. 3) _______________________________ → Sam drank as much coffee as Mary. 1. (2005 湖北) What a table! I’ve never seen such a thing before. It is ____ it is long. A. Half not as wide as B. Wide not as half as C. Not half as wide as D. As wide as not half 2. ( 2008 陕西) Ten years ago the population of our village was __ __ that of theirs.( 2008 陕西) A. as twice large as B. twice as large as C. twice as much as D. as twice much as
3. (2005 安徽) John is the tallest boy in the class, _____ according to himself. A. five foot eight as tall as B. as tall as five foot eight C. as five foot eight tall as D. as tall five foot eight as 4. (2009 四川) My uncle’s house in the downtown area is much smaller than ours, but it is twice _____ expensive. A as B so C too D very 5. (09 辽宁) Peter’s jacket looked just the same as Jack’s, but it cost him __________ his. A as much twice as B twice as much as C much as twice as D as twice much as 考点 8 guarantee 1) We can’t __________ that the trains can arrive on time in foggy weather. A make B prepare C guarantee D arrange 2) They are demanding certain ____________ before they sign the treaty. A guarantees B promise C words D insurance 考点 9 辨析: chance, opportunity & occasion 易混词 chance opportunity occasion 辨析 例句 I met him by chance. I just thought it was too good an opportunity to miss. This was the occasion for expressions of friendship by the two presidents.
1) You ought to take every ____________ to improve your pronunciation. A case B chance C thing D time 2) There is a good ______________ that I’ll have the essay finished by tomorrow. A risk B adventure C opportunity D chance 3) The Great Wall is ____________ the people from all over the world. A famous for B familiar with C famous as D familiar to 考点 10 score 辨析: score, mark, point, grade & goal 易混词 score mark point grade goal 辨析 例句 The score in the football game was 4:1. The teacher gave me only 60 marks for my story. We won 5 points. He always gets high grades in school. As the last minute, he scored a goal.
1) Every year, ______________ graduates take part in TOEFL for further education abroad. A too much B several scores C many a D scores of 2) ___________ new textbooks have already been printed in the factory. A Much B Many a C Scores of D A plenty of 考点 11 vote 1)For years women hoped that a new social order would gradually develop, especially after they won the right ___________. A in vote B for voting C on voting D to vote
考点 12 point 1) (辽宁) I like Mr Miner’s speech; it was clear and ____________ the point. A at B on C to D of 2) After graduation she reached a point in her career ______ she needed to decide what to do. A that B what C which D where 考点 13 rise to one’s feet 站起身 1) The old man slowly __________ to his feet and left the meeting room without saying a word. A raised B stood C lifted D rose 考点 14 turn the wrong way 转错方向 1) (08 山东) Einstein like Bose’s paper so much that he __________ his own work and translated it into German. A gave off B turned down C took over D set aside 考点 15 1)There’s very little point in _____________. It won’t help. A to protest B protested C being protested D protesting 考点 16：辨析: declare, announce & state 易混词 declare announce state 辨析 例句 The court declared that strike action was illegal. A ring at the doorbell announced Jack’s arrival. He has already stated his intention to run for election. D claimed
1）The government __________ war on the drug dealers. A stated B declared C announced
Section B Grammar
A 1. 2. 3. 状语从句 时间状从 条件状从 让步状从
语法知能精炼 1. (2010 课标全国) Mary made coffee _________ her guests were finishing their meal. A so that B although C while D as if 2. (09 辽宁) It just isn’t fair; _________ I was working as a waiter last month, my friends were lying on the beach. A whenever B though C for D while 3. (2010 福建) The girl had hardly rung the bell _______ the door was opened suddenly, and her friend rushed out to greet her. A before B until C as D since 4. (09 江西) It was ________ he came back from Arica that year ____________ he met the girl he would like to marry. A when; then B not; until C not until; that D only; when 5. (2010 四川) – When shall we restart our business? - Not until we ___________ our plan. A will finish B are finishing C are to finish D have finished
6. (2010 陕西) John thinks it won’t be long _______ he is ready for his new job. A when B after C before D since 7. (2010 全国) The little boy won’t go to sleep ______ his mother tells him a story. A or B unless C but D whether 8. (2010 江西) – Our holiday cost a lot of money. - Did it? Well, that doesn’t matte _______ you enjoyed yourselves. A as long as B unless C as soon as D though 9. (2010 浙江) – How about camping this weekend, just for a change? - OK, _______ you want. A whichever B however C whatever D whoever 10. (09 重庆) Unsatisfied _____ with the payment, he took the job just to get some work experience. A though was he B though he was C he was though D was he though 11. (2010 湖南) Tim is in good shape physically _______ he doesn’t get much exercise. A if B even though C unless D as long as 12. (重庆) All people, _______ they are old or young, rich or poor, have been trying their best to help these in need since the disaster. A even if B whether C no matter D however
（四）谓语动词的强调 注：此种强调只用 do/ does 和 did ，无别的形式；过去时用 did ，后面的谓语动词用原形。 1. It is the ability to do the job ___ matters not where you come from or what you are. （2000 全国卷） A. one B. that C. what D. it 2. David said that it was because of his strong interest in literature ___A____ he chose the course.（2006 上海春 季） A. that B. what C. why D. how 3. It is these poisonous products ____B___ can cause the symptoms of the flu, such as headache and aching muscles. （2003 上海卷） A .who B. that C .how D .what 4. Why! I have nothing to confess. ____A___ you want me to say? （2004 上海卷） A. What is it that B. What it is that C. How is it that D. How it is that 5. It was with great joy ____D___ he received the news that his lost daughter had been found. （2004 福建卷) A because B which C since D that 6. An awful accident ____B___, however, occur the other day. (2000 上海卷) A. does B. did C. has to D. had to 7. It was not until she got home ___B___ Jennifer realized she had lost her keys.（2006 全国 II 卷） A. when B. that C. where D. before 8. It was ___C____ black home after the experiment. (2004 湖北卷) A. not until midnight did he go B. until midnight that he didn’t go C. not until midnight that he went D. until midnight when he didn’t go 9. —____C____ that he managed to get the information? —Oh, a friend of his helped him. （2005 山东卷） A. Where was it B. What was it C. How was it D. Why was it 10.1) It was 20 years ago ______ the two friends met in Viet Nam. 2) It will be 20 years ______ they meet in Viet Nam.
3) It is 20 years __ ____ he came to live here. 4) It was 20 years ____ he spent in writing this novel. 5) It was not long _______ the people in Austria took up guns. 6) It was midnight ___ ___ he came back home. A. when B. before C. since D. that DBCDB A 11. (09 浙江) – I’ve read another book this week. - Well, maybe ____ is not how much you read but what you read that counts. A this B that C there D it 12. (2010 湖南) John’s success has nothing to do with good luck. It is years of hard work ______ ____ has made him what he is today. A why B when C which D that
高考热点聚焦 1. The hotel wasn’t particularly good, but I _____D____ in many hotels. (08 北京) A was staying B stayed C would stay D had stayed 2. Dr. Smith, together with his wife and daughters, ____A___ visit Beijing this summer. (09 陕西) A is going to B are going to C was going to D were going to 3. Dogs have a very good ______A_____ of smell and are often used to search for survivors in an earthquake. (08 浙江) A sense B view C means D idea 4. What’s the _______A______ of having a public open space where you can’t eat, drink or even simply hang out for a while? (08 福建) A sense B matter C case D opinion 5. You have to _____D_____ a choice. Are you going to leave the job or stay? (08 四川) A decide B get C do D make 6. It took _____B_____ building supplies to construct these energy-saving houses. It took brains, too. (09 浙江) A other than B more than C rather than D less than 7. Lucy has ______D_____ all of the goals she set for herself in high school and is ready for new challenges at university. (07 天津) A acquired B finished C concluded D achieved 8. ____C____ you may have, you should gather your courage to face the challenge. (2010 上海) A However a serious problem B What a serious problem C However serious a problem D What serious a problem 9. At present, one of the arguments in favor of the new airport ______A_____ that it will bring a lot of jobs to the area. (09 江西) A is B are C will be D was
copyright ©right 2010-2020。