1、when 句型： (1) be doing sth…when… He was still smiling when the door opened and his wife came in. 他正笑着的时候门突然开了，他妻子走了进来。 (2) be about to do sth…when… We were
about to start when it began to rain. 我们刚要出发，天就开始下雨了。 (3)be on the point of doing…when正要…这时… We were on the ponit of giving up when a truck came into our sight. 我们正要放弃，这时看到了一辆卡车。
(4) had not /hardly /sceracely…when… He had not/hardly/scarcely fallen asleep when the telephone rang. 他刚要入睡电话就响了。 (5) had just done …when … I had just gone to bed after a very hard day when the phone rang. 在劳累了一天之后我刚刚就寝，电话铃就响了。 (6)还可以表示原因“既然”，相当于since; considering that. It was foolish of you to take a taxi when you could easily walk there in five minutes .
(1) before sb can/ could … 某人还没来得及…… Before I could get in a word ，he had measured me． 我还没来得及插话，他就给我量好了尺寸 (2) It will be +时间+ before 还有多长时间…… It will be 4 years before he graduates. 他还有四年时间毕业了。 It won’t be long //before…. before long (adv.) It was 5 minutes before he left. It is/has been 5 minutes since he left.
(3) had done … before （才……） We had sailed four days and four nights before we saw land. 我们航行了四天四夜才见到陆地。 (4) had not done --- before --- 不到……就…… We hadn’t run a mile before he felt tired. 我们还没走到一英里路他就觉得累了。 (5) It was not +一段时间+ before 不多久就…… It wasn’t two years before he left the country. 还没到两年他们离开了那国家。
It is＋段时间＋since… 时间的计算一律从since从句的动作完成或状态结束时算起。 It is three years since she was in our class. 她离开我们班有三年了。
It is three years since he lived here. 自从他不住这儿已经三年了。
It is 3 years since I moved here 自从我搬到这儿已经三年了。
1. (04北京春) We were swimming in the lake ______ suddenly the storm started. A. A. when when B. while C. until D. before 2. (02上海) He was about to tell me the secret ______ someone patted him on the shoulder. A. as B. until C. while D. when when 3. (05上海) He transplanted the little tree to the garden ______ it was the best time for it. B. when when A. where C. that D. until 4. (05福建) －Did Jack come back early last night? －Yes. It was not yet eight o’clock ______ he arrived home. A. Before B. C. that D. until B. when when 5. (06辽宁) He was about halfway through his meal ______ a familiar voice came to his ears. C. when A. why B. where when D. while
6. (06天津) The cost of living in Glasgow is among the lowest in Britain, ______ the quality of life is probably one of the highest. A. since B. when C. as D. while D. 7. (04年江苏) ______ I accept that he is not perfect, I do actually like the person. A. A. While B. Since C. Before D. Unless 8.______ entered the office when he realized that he had forgotten his report. A. He hardly had B. Had he hardly C Hardly had he C. D. Hardly he had
9. (03年北京) He made a mistake, but then he corrected the situation ______ it got worse. A. until B. when C C. before D. as 10. (04福建) Scientists say it may be five or six years ______ it is possible to test this medicine on human patients. A. since B. after C C. before D. when 11. (06四川)－Why didn’t you tell him about the meeting? －He rushed out of the room ______ I could say a word. A. B. until A before C. when D. after 12. (05北京春) It is almost five years ______ we saw each other last time. A. before B. since B C. after D. because
copyright ©right 2010-2020。