概念: 1.在句子中修饰名词或代词，定语从句在句中充当定语。 2.定语从句必须有先行词，并尽量靠近先行词。 3.在定语从句中，关系词在从句中充当成分。 关系代词与关系副词 关系代词： 指人： who(主格)， whom(宾格)，whose(所有格) 指物： which(主格，宾格)， whose(所有格) 指人或物： that 关系副词：
when, where, why 1. This is all ____I know about the matter. A. that B. what C. who D. whether 2. Is there anything else _____ you require? A. which B. that C. who D. what 3. The last place _____we visited was the Great Wall. A. which B. that C. where D. it 4. He talked happily about the men and books_____ interested him greatly in the school. A. which B. that C. it D. whom 5. There is no dictionary _____ you can find everything. A. that B. which C. where D. in that 6. This is one of the best books_______. A. that have ever been written C. that has written B. that has ever been written D. that have written 7. He wrote a letter to me, telling me everything _______he saw on the way to the Paris. A. what B. that C. which D. where 8. Is oxygen the only gas _____helps fire burn? A. that B. / C. which D. it 9. Is there anything _____to you? A. that is belonged B. that belongs C. which belongs D. that belong 10. The scientist and his achievements ______ you told me about are admired by us all. A. which B. that C. who D. whose 11. Which of the books ______were borrowed from him is the best? A. which B. what C. that D. whose 结论： 先行词有下列情况或附有下列修饰语时, 通常关系代词 that 1)先行词是 all， no， none， everyone， something， much， little 等。 2)先行词前有序数词,形容词最高级，the last， the same， the only 等。 3)如果先行词中既含有表示人的名词又有表示物的名词时。 4)若主句中有疑问代词 who，which 为了避免重复, 关系代词不要再用 who， which。
1. Do you know who lives in the building ______there is a well? A. in front of it B. in front of whose C. in front of which D. in front which 2. I’ll never forget the day ____I joined the League. A. on which B. in which C. which D. at which 3. The woman _____my brother spoke just now is my teacher. A. who B. to whom C. to who D whom 4. Jeanne was her old friend, ____she borrowed a necklace. A. from who B. from whom C. to that D. to whom 5. His glasses, _____he was like a blind man, fell to the ground and broke its leg. A. which B. with which C. without which D. that 6. she is a teacher of much knowledge, _____much can be learned. A. who B. that C. from which D. from whom 7. He built a telescope _____he could study the skies. A. in which B. with that C. through which D. by it 8. Do you know the reason ____he was late? A. that B. which C. for what D. for which 9. I have bought two ball pens, ____writes well. A. none of which B. neither of which C. none of them D. neither of them 10. The Second World War _____millions of people were killed in 1945. A. during which B. in that C. where D. on which 11. China has many rivers,_ ___the Changjiang River is the longest. A. which B. in which C. among which D. one of which 12. This is the very knife _____I used to cut apples yesterday. A. that B. by which C. which D. with which 13. The speed ____which you drive your car mustn’t too high. 14. In the park there are many flowers, the colour _____ which is bright and nice. 15. The little girl is reading a book, _____ which there are many pictures. 16. What were the things _______which he was not too sure? 17. They held a meeting, ____which the hospital director made a speech. 18. The book, _____which he paid 6 yuan, is worth reading. 19. Is this the man ____whose house the police found the lost colored TV? 20. The villagers dug along tunnel ______which they could go to the fields without being found by the Japanese soldiers. 21. Wu Dong, _____whom I went to the concert, enjoyed it very much. 22.The stories about Long March, _____which this is one example, are well written. 结论： 介词﹢关系代词引导的定语从句，关键是判断介词的选择，方法一是看从句谓语部分缺少什么介词 (习惯搭配)，再则可以通过整个句子整体含义来判断，结合生活实际来判断。 1.______was natural, he married Jenny. A. Which B. That C. This D. As 2. Such signs _____we use in the experiment______ Greek letters. A. as , are B. as, is C. that, are D. that, is
3. I passed him a large glass of whisky, _____ he drank immediately . A. that B. as C. which D. who 4. She is very good at dance, ____everybody knows. A. that B. which C. who D. as 5. It was raining, _____was a pity. A. what B. that C. the which D. which 6.______has been said above, grammar is a set of dead rules. A. Which B. What C. That D. As 7. We do the same work _____they do. A. which B. as C. than D. like 8. The earth is round, _____we all know. A. that B. which C. who D. as 结论： as ,which 均可以引出非限制性定语从句，,如都指前一句话的意思，二者可以互换。.as 引导 的从句可以放在句首，as 本身有“正如?..正象?” 一类的含义。 与之连用的词有 know， see， expect， announce， point out 等。此外，在 the same?as? ， such?.as?.中 as 引导的是限制性定 语从句。 1. A. Is this the factory _____you visited last year? B. Is this factory ____you visited last year? a. that b. where c. in which d. the one 2. A. Mr Smith is one of those foreigners who____ working in China. B. Mr Smith is the only one of those foreigners who ____working in China. a. is b. has c. have d. are 3. A. Don’t discuss questions such _____those. B. Let’s discuss only the questions______ we are interested in. a. which b. that c. as d. about which 4. A. All ____I need is a good rest. B. ____I need is a good rest. a. What b. All what c. that d. Which 5. A.Pisa is a city, ___ has a leaning tower. B. Pisa is a city, ____there is a leaning tower. a. which b. that c. where d. there 6. A.This is the place ____we visited last year. B. This the place ____we worked last year. a. which b. where c. in that d. there 7. A.The news ____he told us was very exciting. B. He has brought us the news ____our team has won the game. a. what b. as c. that d. where 8. It is in a box ____I have hidden my money. We’ll go ___we are needed. a. that b .in which c. where d. in it 结论： 在实践中要注意定语从句与其它从句的结构上的细微差别，能够正确区分使用它们。
Correct mistakes: 1. I saw some trees leaves of which were black with disease. 2. Here is the pen you lost it yesterday. 3. The girl told me the news is not here now. 4. This is the village where my father worked in three years ago. 5. The reason why he gave us sounded a little strange. 6. He is the only one of the students who knows French. 7. I’ll never forget the day on which I spent with you. 8. Which was planned, we met at the railway station. 9. This is the teacher with whom we’ve learnt a lot. 10. Is this farm we visited last year? 练习一 1. They are talking about things and persons ___ they knew when they were young. A. that B. which C. who D. whom 2. This is the man ___ last night. A. whom I saw him B. whom I saw C. which I saw D. who I saw him 3. The seventeenth century was one ___ many advances were made in science. A. that B. which C. where D. when 4. We travelled together as far as Chicago, ___ we parted. A. when B. which C. why D. where 5. The reason ___ I’m writing is to tell you about a party on Saturday. A. because B. why C. for D. as 6. Author Edith Wharton thoroughly understood the society ___. A. she had grown up in it B. which had she grown up in C. she had grown up D. in which she had grown up 7. This is one of the best books ___. A. that have ever been written B. that has ever been written C. that has written D. that have written 8. The first time ___ I saw Premier Zhou was in 1958. A. when B. where C. which D. that 9. Which of the two cows ___ you keep produces more milk? A. that B. which C. whom D. what 10. He met my brother, from ___ he got the news of my marriage. A. who B. whom C. which D. whose 11. Would you please put the book ___ it belongs? A. to whom B. to which C. into which D. where 12. Do you remember the name of the company ___? A. where she works at B. in which she works C. for which she works in D. in where she works 13. This is the most difficult book ___. A. what I have read it B. which I have read it C. I have read D. I have read it 14. The last place ___ was the Science Museum. A. we visited B. where we visited C. which we visited D. we went
15. All ___ you have to do is to press the button. A. what B. which C. for that D. that 16. Her opinion is the same ___ her mother’s. A. that B. as C. than D. like 17. Peter lives in the room ___ window opens to the south. A. whose B. that C. which D. / 18. Did she tell you anything ___ had happened to her? A. it B. that C. what D. which 19. I’ll never forget the days ___ we spent together five year ago. A. which B. when C. where D. how 20. July 1, 1921 was the day ___ the Communist Party of China was founded. A. that B. on which C. which D. on that 21. The place __ interest the children most is the Children’s Palace. A. what B. that C. where D. in which 22. I, ___ your good friend, will try my best to help you out. A. who is B. who am C. that is D. what is 23. The brave man, ___ the tiger was shot, is a good hunter. A. of whom B. by that C. by whom D. by which 24. The clever boy made a hole in the wall, ___ he could see what was going on inside the house. A. on which B. at which C. through which D. in which 25. This is the girl ___ I believe was the driver of the car. A. who B. whom C. in whom D. / 26. My hometown is no longer the same ___ it used to be. A. like B. that C. as D. which 27. You can take any seat ___ is free. A. in which B. that C. where D. on which 28. She hasn’t got enough money ___ to buy the rings. A. for which B. with which C. that D. which 29. I’ve read all the books ___ were borrowed from the library. A. they B. where C. / D. that 30. Is oxygen the only gas ___ helps fire burn? A. it B. which C. / D. that 31. The Second World War ___ millions of people were killed ended in 1945. A. on which B. where C. in that D. during which 32. Did you tell your mother all ___ you had seen on the way home? A. what B. why C. that D. which 33. It’s one of the most important meetings ___ this years. A. that has been held B. which has been held C. that have been held D. which have held 34. Do you know who lives in the building ___ there is a well. A. in front of it B. in front of whose C. in front of which D. in the front of which 35. I’ll never. forget the day ___ I joined the League. A. on which B. which C. in which D. at which
36. She showed her new watch to my wife, ___ was kept in a box. A. who B. which C. that D. it 37. She had three sons, all ___ became doctors. A. who B. whose C. of which D. of whom 38. This is the new type of plane ___ parts are made of plastics. A. that B. what C. which D. whose 39. ___ is known to all, China is a developing country, belonging to the third world. A. It B. That C. As D. Which 40. Is this the leaning tower ___ Galileo did experiments centuries ago? A. that B. where C. which D. when 41. Mont Blanc ___ we visited last summer is the highest mountain in Europe. A. where B. that C. what D. which 42. Those ___ not only from books but also through practice will succeed. A. learn B. who C. that learns D. who learn 43. Didn’t you see the man ___? A. I nodded just now B. whom I nodded just now C. I nodded to him just now D. I nodded to just now 44. Have you seen the girl ___? A. that I told B. I told you of C. whom I told you D. I told you of him 45. Can you lend me the novel;___ the other day? A. that you talked B. you talked about it C. which you talked with D. you talked about 46. Who ___ has common sense will do such a thing? A. which B. who C. whom D. that 47. This is the biggest laboratory ___ we have every built in our school. A. which B. what C. where D. / 48. Is there anything ___ to you? A. that is belonged B. that belongs C. that belong D. which belongs 49. Please pass me the dictionary ___ cover is black. A. which B. which of C. its D. whose 50. Is this the museum ___ you visited the other day? A. that B. where C. in which D. the one 51. How do you like the book? It’s quite different from ___ I read last month. A. that B. which C. the one D. the one what 52. Which sentence is wrong? A. The finger I dipped into the cup was not the one I put it into my mouth. B. Do you know the boy who jumped onto the platform? C. Science and new technology have made it possible for farmers to produce more food on the same amount of land. D. People in ancient times took it for granted that the sun moved round the earth. 53. Antarctic ___ we know very little is covered with thick ice all the year round. A. which B. where C. that D. about which 54. May the fourth is the day ___ we Chinese people will never forget. A. which B. when C. on which D. about which 55. October 1,1945 is the day ___ the People’s Republic of China was founded.
A. which B. when C. that D. on that 56. A steel plant is a place ___ I am longing to visit these years. A. that B. where C. in which D. to where 57. This is just the place ___ I am longing to visit these years. A. that B. where C. in which D. to where 58. The hotel ___ during our holidays stands by the seaside. A. we stayed at B. where we stayed at C. we stayed D. in that we stayed 59. He is not ___ a fool ___. A. such, as he is looked B. such, as he looks C. as, as he is looked D. so, as he looks 60. He has two sons, ___ work as chemists. A. two of whom B. both of whom C. both of which D. all of whom 练习二 1.The place _______interested me most was the Children's Palace. A. Which B. where C. what D. in which 2.Do you know the man _______? A. whom I spoke B. to who spoke C. I spoke to D. that I spoke 3.This is the hotel _______last month. A. which they stayed B. at that they stayed C. where they stayed at D. where they stayed 4.Do you know the year ______the Chinese Communist Party was founded? A. which B. that C. when D. on which 5.That is the day ______I'll never forget. A. which B. on which C. in which D. when 6.The factory ______we'll visit next week is not far from here. A. where B. to which C. which D. in which 7.Great changes have taken place since then in the factory _______we are working. A. where B. that C. which D. there 8.This is one of the best films _______. A. that have been shown this year B. that have shown C. that has been shown this year D. that you talked 9.Can you lend me the book ______the other day? A. about which you talked B. which you talked C. about that you talked D. that you talked 10.The pen ______he is writing is mine. A. with which B. in which C. on which D. by which 11.They arrived at a farmhouse, in front of ______sat a small boy. A. whom B. who C. which D. that 12.The engineer ______my father works is about 50 years old. A. to whom B. on whom C. with which D. with whom 13.It there anyone in your class ______family is in the country? A. who B. who's C. which D. whose 14.I'm interested in ______you have said. A. all that B. all what C. that D. which
15.I want to use the same dictionary ______was used yesterday. A. which B. who C. what D. as 16.He isn't such a man ______he used to be. A. who B. whom C. that D. as 17.He is good at English, ______we all know. A. that B. as C. whom D. what 18.Li Ming, ______to the concert enjoyed it very much. A. I went with B. with whom I went C. with who I went D.I went with him 19.I don't like ______ as you read. A. the novels B. the such novels C. such novels D. same novels 20.He talked a lot about things and persons ________they remembered in the school. A. which B. that C. whom D. what 21.The letter is from my sister, ______is working in Beijing. A. which B. that C. whom D. who 22.In our factory there are 2,000 workers, two thirds of ____are women. A. them B. which C. whom D. who 23.You're the only person ______I've ever met ______could do it. A. who;/ B./; whom C. whom;/ D./; who 24.I lost a book, ______I can't remember now. A. whose title B. its title C. the title of it D. the title of that 25.Last summer we visited the West Lake, ______Hangzhou is famous in the world. A. for which B. for that C. in which D. what 26.I have bought such a watch _______ was advertised on TV. A. that B. which C. as D. it 27.I can never forget the day _______ we worked together and the day ______ we spent together. A. when; which B. which; when C. what; that D. on which; when 28.The way ______he looks at problems is wrong. A. which B. whose C. what D./ 29.This is the reason ______he didn't come to the meeting. A. in which B. with which C. that D. for which 30.This machine, ______for many years, is still working perfectly. A. after which I have looked B. which I have looked after C. that I have looked after D. I have looked after 31.The reason ______he didn't come was ______he was ill. A. why; that B.that;why C. for that;that D.for which;what 32.He is working hard, ______will make him pass the final exam. A.that B.which C.for which D.who 33.That is not the way ______I do it. A./ B.which C.for which D.with which 34.I have two grammars, ______are of great use. A. all of which B. either of which C. both of that D. both of which 35.I want to use the same tools _______used in your factory a few days ago. A. as was B. which was C. as were D. which 36.My neigh bours used to give me a hand in time of trouble, _______ was very kind of them.
A. who B. which C. that D. it 37.This is the magazine _______ I copied the paragraph. A. that B. which C. from that D. from which 38.He is not such a man _______ would leave his work half done. A. that B. which C. who D. as 39. You can depend on whatever promise _______ he makes. A. / B. why C. when D. whose 40. Smoking, _______ is a bad habit, is, however, popular. A. that B. which C. it D. though 41. --- Did you ask the guard _______ happened? --- Yes, he told me all _______ he knew. A. what; that B. what; what C. which; which D. that; that 42. I shall never forget those years _______ I lived on the farm with the farmers, _______ has a great effect on my life. A. when; who B. that; which C. which; that D. when; which 43. The number of the people who _______ cars _______ increasing. A. owns; are B. owns; is C. own; is D. own; are 44. During the days ________, he worked as a servant at the Browns. A. followed B. following C. to follow D. that followed 45. Is oxygen the only gas _______ helps fire burn? A. that B. / C. which D. it 46. The clever boy made a hole in the wall, _______ he could see _____ was going on inside house. A. which; what B. through which; what C. through that; what D. what; that 47. Is _______ some German friends visited last week? A. this school B. this the school C. this school one D. this school where 48. John got beaten in the game, _______ had been expected. A. as B. that C. what D. who 49. I have bought two ballpens, _______ writes well. A. none of them B. neither of them C. neither of which D. none of which 50. All that can be eaten _______ eaten up. A. are being B. has been C. had been D. have been 练习三 1. Mary lives in the room, the door _____ opens east. A. of it B. of which C. of that D. whose 2. The engineer _____ my father is talking has just come from abroad. A. with whom B. with who C. with which D. that 3. He lives in a hotel, _____ is only five minutes’ walk from here. A. that B. which C. in which D. where 4. Is there anything _____ I can do for you? . A. which B. who C. as D. that 5. The speaker will tell us about some writers and their works _____are known to us. A. which B. that C. as D. who 6. This is the reason _____ they are all against the plan.
A. which B. that C. why D. what 7. It was not until late in the evening _____ the traveler found a hotel. A. which B. that C. as D. where 8. I didn’t like the way _____ she spoke to me. A. which B. that C. how D. as 9. This is _____ I can do for you right now. A. which B. that C. what D. as 10. It was at our college library _____ I borrowed the novel. A. which B. in which C. that D. where 11. I have seen trees, _____ open at sunrise and close at sunset. A. which the leaves B. of which the leaves C. whose leaves D. its leaves 12. All _____ is needed is a supply of oil. A. the thing B. that C. what D. which 13. The foreign guests, _____ were scientists, were warmly welcomed at the airport. A. most of whom B. most of them C. most of which D. most of those 14. I can still remember the sitting-room ____ my mother and I used to sit in the evening. A. what B. which C. that D. where 15. On the train I saw a student _____ I thought was your sister. A. who B. whom C. which D. that 16. Is the river _____ through the town very long? A. flows B. that flows C. which flow D. the one flows 17. Is this college _____ they went to last year? A. that B. which C. the one D. the one what 18. Is this the university _____ you visited last time? A. that one B. which C. the one D. the one what 19. It is the factory _____ his father worked a few years ago. A. that B. which C. where D. what 20. It is the factory _____ his father wanted to go to. A. that B. the one C. where D. what 21. Egypt is a country _____ is famous for its pyramids. A. where B. which C. in which D. at which 22. China is the country _____ he spent the best part of his life. A. where B. which C. in that D. at which 23. A small car arrived, _____ came a man, a woman and five children of different ages. A. out of that B. out of it C. out of which D. whose car 24. Can you suggest a time _____ it will be convenient to meet? A. that B. which C. when D. in which 25. I’d like to tell you _____ I saw in the exhibition. A. which B. that C. what D. / 26. Have you got anything _____ belongs to me? A. which B. that C. of which D. what 27. I hope that the little _____ I have been able to do has been of some use. A. which B. that C. what D. for which 28. Who _______ has common sense will do such a thing?
A. which B. that C .whose D. whom 29 The bike and its rider _____ had knocked down the boy were taken to the police. A. who B .that C. which D. whom 30. My uncle had three sons, two of _____ died during the last earthquake. A. them B .which C. whom D. that 31. Put the letter ______ he can find it easily. A. in which B. at which C. where D. which 32. There is little time _____ we can spare. A. which B. that C. as D. what 33. Everything ______ he said was of great importance. A. which B. that C. as D. what 34..This is one of the presents ______ he gave me. A. which B. that C. as D. what 35. This is the very letter _____ I am looking for . A. which B. that C. as D. what 36. Tom didn’t attend the meeting, ________ we expected. A. where B. that C. as D. what 37. I will give you such information _______ will help you. A. which B. that C. as D. what 38. She wears the same kind of clothes ______ her sister does. A. which B. what C. that D. as 39. I have never seen such a clever boy ______ you. A. which B. that C. as D. what 40. Do you know the reason ______ he was late? A. that B. which C. what D. for which 41 ._____ the teacher has announced, school will be opened tomorrow. A. Once B. Because C. As D. Since 42. The size of the audience, _____we had expected, was well over twenty thousand. A. as B. which C. what D. because 43. This is the best hotel in the city ____ I know. A. which B. that C. where D. it 44. The only problem ______ troubled him has not been solved. A. which B. that C. as D. what 45. You can take any books ______ you like. A. which B. that C. as D. what 46. This is the best novel _______ I have ever read. A. which B. what C. as D. that 47. This is the first play _____ I have seen since I came here. A. which B. that C. as D. what 48. The lady ____ is a woman scientist. A.whom you spoke B. with which you spoke C.whom you said to D.you spoke to 49. The way _____ you are doing it is completely crazy. A. that B. which C. as D. what 50. His parents wouldn’t let him marry anyone _______ family was poor.
A .of whom B. whom C. of whose D. whose 51. He paid the boy $10 for washing ten windows, most of _____ hadn’t been cleaned for at least a year. A. these B. those C. that D. which 52. This is the third week _____ the dustmen haven’t come for the rubbish. A. that B. when C. which D. on which 53. Is it that museum ________ they’d like to visit during their trip to Japan? A. that B. which C. where D. as 54. He is the only one of the students _________ the truth. A. who know B. who knows C. that know D. who are knowing 55. Did they find they went back________ ? A. where had they been B. where were they C. where they had been D. where they were 56. To get the job started, ______ I need is your permission. A. only what B. all what C. all that D. only that 57. The policemen were sure that the murderer was the man _____ gun was found lying beside the dead body. A. who had B. whose C. which D. of whom a 58. Nearly all the food ______ comes from animals and plants. A. that eat B. is eaten C. we eat D. that eats 59. Has all ____ can be done______? A. what, done B. that, been done C. that, be done D. what, already done 60. It began to rain, _______ was exactly what we wanted. A. that B. what C. which D. it 61. More and more young people like playing football, ______ is an exciting game. A. what B. which C. that D. because 62.Wilma became the first American woman to win three Olympic gold medals in track, _____made her mother very proud. A. it B. that C. which D. this 63. I’m going to visit the factory ______ your brother worked a few years ago. A. that B. where C. which D. what 64. We are going to visit the school ______ you went to last time. A. which B. where C .in which D. what 65. The days ______ we worked together cannot be easily forgotten. A. that B. when C. which D. at which 66. These days _____ we spent together cannot be easily forgotten. A. that B. when C. on which D. at which 67. The buses, _____ were already full, were surrounded by an angry crowd. A. most of them B. most of that C. most of which D. that 68. My father bought me several books, but _____ was interesting. A. most of them B. none of them C. none of which D. neither of which 69. China has thousands of islands, ______ the largest is Taiwan. A. which B. in which C. that D. of which 70. Do you understand the theory ______ ? A. that how the living things came into being
B. how did the living things come into being C. of how the living things come into being D. of how did the living things come into being 71. They are flying to Hong Kong, ______they plan to visit for two or three days. A. where B. when C. that D. which 72. Great changes have taken place in the small town, ______ the famous writer spent his childhood. A. where B. when C. that D. in the town 73. Can you suggest a time ________ we can meet? A. which B. when C. where D. how 74. That’s the very point ______ . A. that must be insisted B. which must be insisted C. that must be insisted on D. which must be insisted upon 75. “Thirty-nine Steps” is one of the most exciting films ____ directed by Alfred Hotchcock. A. which was B. that was C. that were D. which were 76. That’s the only furniture _____ we have. A. that B. what C. which D. all 77. All of the plants now raised on farms have been developed from the plants _____ wild. A. once they grew B. they grew once C. that once grew D. once grew 78. The last place _____ the foreign friends visited was the Summer Palace. A. what B. which C. that D. in which 79. In the dark street, there wasn’t a single person _____ she could turn for help. A. that B. who C. from whom D. to whom 80. Those _____ were not fit for their work could not see the beautiful clothes. A. who B. that C. which D. whose 81. Don’t trust such men _____ praise you to your face. A. as B. who C. that D. which 82. I’ve bought the same kind of electric fan _____ you bought last time. A. which B. that C./ D. as 83. The house is just the same _____ it used to be. A. which B. that C. / D. as 84. Mr. Smith isn’t such a man _____ he used to be. A. as B. what C. that D. who 85. He must be from Shanghai, _____ can be judged from his accent. A. which B. that C. what D. as 86. The young girl is not _____ she used to be a few years ago. A. which B. that C. what D. as 87. The children themselves were calm enough; _____ the parents that got into a panic. A. in spite of B. those were C. it was D. however 88. It was many years ago _____ I met her in London. A. since B. when C. that D. which 89. It is many years _____ we met last in London. A. since B. when C. that D. which 90. He’s from Shanghai, _____ population is the largest of all cities in China. A. whose B. its C. which D. that
91. _____ is known to all, the earth is round. A. It B. As C. That D. Which 92. Such signs _____ we use in the book _____ Greek letters. A. as, is B. which, are C. as, are D. which, is 93. She’ll be on the same train _____ I am on today. A. as B. like C. with D. that 94. When people talk about the cities of US, the first _____ comes into mind is A. city B. of them C. one D. that 95. Is there anyone in your class _____ family is in the city? A. which B. whose C. what D. who 96. There are 30 books on the desk, two _____ are novels. A. of them B. of that C. of which D. of whom 97. He hasn’t got enough money with _____ he can buy the computer. A. that B. which C. it D. whom 98. Winter is the time of year _____ the days are short and nights are long. A. that B. which C. when D. whose 99. Do you know the reason _____ she got so angry yesterday? A. which B. in which C. that D. why 100. Football, _____ is a very interesting game, is played all over the world. A. that B. which C. it D. who
01-05 BABDB 26-30 BBBBC 51-55 DAABC 76-80 ACCDA 06-10 CBBCD 31-35 CBBBB 56-60 CBCBC 81-85 ADDAA 11-15 CBADA 16-20 BCBCA 21-25 BACCC 36-40 CBDCD 41-45 CABBB 46-50 DBDAD 61-65 BCBAB 66-70 ACBDC 71-75 DABCC 86-90 CCCAA 91-95 BCADB 96-100 CBCDB
1. A. which 用作关系代词，在定语从句中作主语。 2．C. "和谁讲话”要说 speak to sb. 本题全句应为 Do you know the man whom I spoke to.。whom 是关 系代词，作介词 to 的宾语，可以省略。 3. D. where 是关系副词，表示地点，在定语从句中作地点状语。 4. C. when 是关系副词，表示时间，在定语从句中作时间状语。 5．A. which 是关系代词，在从句中作 forget 的宾语。其他几个答案都不能作宾语。 6．C. 解析同第 5 题。 7. A. 解析见第 3 题。 8. A. 本句话的先行词应该是 films,因此，关系代词 that 是负数概念，其谓语动词应用复述的被动语 态 have been shown。如果句中的 one 前面使用了定冠词 the，则 the one 应该视为先行词。 9. A. “谈到某事物”应说 talk about sth.。about 是介词，其后要用 which 作宾语，不能用 that。
10. A. with which 是"介词+关系代词"结构,常用来引导定语从句.with 有"用"的意思,介词之后只能用 which,不能用 that. with which 在定语从句中作状语,即 he is writing with a pen. 11. C. in front of which 即 in front of a farmhouse. In front of which 在从句中作状语. 12. D. with whom 引导定语从句.with whom 放在从句中即为:my father works with the engineer. 13. D. whose 引导定语从句,在从句中作主语 family 的定语. 14. A. that 引导定语从句,因为先行词是 all,所以只能选用 that 引导. 15. D. the same??..as 是固定用法, as 引导定语从句时,可以作主语,宾语或表语.在本句话中,as 作从句 的主语. 16. D. such??? as 是固定用法,as 引导定语从句时,可以作主语,宾语或表语.在本题中,as 作表语. 17. B. as 作关系代词可以单独用来引导非限制性定语从句。这时 as 所指代的不是主句中某个名词， 而往往指代整个主句的含义。as 在从句中可以作主语、宾语。从句可放在主句后，也可置于主句前。 在本句中,as 作宾语. 18. B. Li Ming enjoyed it very much 是主句,with whom I went to the concert 是定语从句.with whom 放在 从句中为:I went to the concert with Li Ming. 19. C. as 引导定语从句时通常构成 such?as 或 the same?as 固定搭配， 其中 such 和 same 修饰其后的 名词，as 为关系代词，指代其前的名词引导定语从句。 as 在从句中可以作主语、表语或宾语。Such 修饰单数名词时,要用 such a??..,本题中 such books, such 直接修饰复数名词. 20. B. things 和 persons 是先行词.当定语从句要修饰的先行词是既表示人,又表示物的名词时,其关系 代词要用 that. 21. D. who 引导非限制性定语从句,who 作从句的主语. 22. C. two thirds of whom 即:two thirds of the 2,000 workers. 23. D. 先行词 person 后有两个定语从句,第一个从句省略了关系代词 whom.因为, whom 作从句中 met 的宾语,可以省略.第二个从句 who could do it.who 在从句中作主语,不可省略. 24. A. whose title 引导非限制性定语从句,whose title 也可以说成 the title of which 25. A. for which 引导定语从句,使用介词 for,是来自于从句中的固定短语 be famous for "以??..而闻 名". 26. C. 当先行词被 such 修饰时,引导定语从句的关系代词要用 as. As 在本从句中作主语. 27. A. 两个先行词 the day 都是表示时间的名词,但第一个空白处要填的关系词在从句中作状语,因此 要用关系副词 when. 第二个空白处要填的关系词在从句中作动词 spent 的宾语,因此要用关系代词 which 或 that 来引导定语从句. 28. D. 在 way、distance、direction 等词后的定语从句中，常用 that 来代替“in (或其他介词)+which” 、 when 或 where，而 that 常可省略。 29. D. for which 在定语从句中作原因状语,可用 why 来替代. 30. B. which I have looked after 构成一个非限制性定语从句. 31. A. The reason why? was that?.已成为一种固定句型，这一句中的 why 和 that 不能随意换位，也 不能将 that 改成 because，尽管 that 这个词在译文中可能有 “因为”的含义。 32. B. 非限制性定语从句常用 which 引导,which 表示前句话的整个含义. 33. A. 解释见 28 题. 34. D. 主句中的 two 表明不能选 A.从句中的 are 表明不能选 B. both of which 用来引导非限制性定语 从句. 35. C. as 引导定语从句时通常构成 such?as 或 the same?as 固定搭配， 其中 such 和 same 修饰其后的
名词，as 为关系代词，指代其前的名词引导定语从句。as 在从句中可以作主语、表语或宾语。本题 中 as 作从句的主语. 36. B. 非限制性定语从句常用 which 引导,which 表示前句话的整个含义. 37. D. 38. D. 解析见 35 题. 39. A. he makes 是定语从句, 从句前省略了关系代词 that. 40. B. which is a bad habit 非限制性定语从句. 41. A. what happened 是宾语从句. all 之后 that he knew 是定语从句.先行词是 all,所以关系代词只能用 that. 42. D. years 是表示时间的名词,用 when 引导定语从句,是因为 when 在从句中作时间状语.第二个空选 用 which,引导一个非限制性定语从句. 43. C. 本句话的定语从句是 who own cars. 其先行词是 people,因此,定语从句的谓语动词要用复数的 own。本句话主句的主语是 The number of 指“?..的数目” ，是单数概念。因此，主句的谓语动词要 用 is。 44. D. that followed 是定语从句，关系代词 that 在从句中作主语。 45. A. 先行词 gas 被 only 修饰，关系代词要用 that，而不用 which。 46. B. through which 引导定语从句，through which 即 through the hole,在定语从句中作状语。What 引 导的是 see 的宾语从句，并作从句的主语。 47. B. 为便于理解，改写本句话：This is the school that some German friends visited last week. 不难看 出，作表语的 the school 是先行词。that 引导了定语从句，因为 that 同时又作 visited 的宾语，所以被 省略了。其它选项结构不对。 48. A. 解释见 35 题。 49. C. 因为是 two ballpens, 并且定语从句的谓语 writes 是单数概念。因此，C 是正确选项。 50. B. 本句话中，主句的主语是 all,为抽象概念。因此，其谓语应用单数的 has been。关系代词 that 引导定语从句，并在从句中作主语。
copyright ©right 2010-2020。