抚顺二中高三第二次月考试题 命题人：李铁峰 时间：120 分钟 命题人： 时间：
第一部分: 第一部分 英语知识运用 I. 小题； 四个选项中， 单项选择 （共15小题；每小题 分，满分 分） 从ABCD四个选项中，选 小题 每小题1分 满分15分 四个选项中 出可以填入空白处的最佳选项。 出可以填入空白处的最佳选项。 １. On my way to the offic
e, I met _____ man called Eric, who turned out to be _____ general manager of the company I am going to work for. A. the; the B. the; X C. the; a D. a; X
满分：150 分 满分：
2. When you move to a new place to live, you have to adapt yourself to the new _____ as soon as possible. A. surroundings B. situations C. positions D. livings
3. If one side refuses to give in to _____, the trade talk between the countries is likely to break down. A. another B. other C. the other D. one another
4. He is a novelist and a poet as well, but he is _____ known for his novels. A. most 5. ---Can I help you, sir? ---No, thanks. I _____ around. A. have just looked C. am just looking B. have just been looking D. just look B. better C. more D. best
6. Whatever happens, we won’t _____ our beliefs. A. give in B. give up C. give out D. give to
7. It is two years _____ he graduated from college and he is very happy with his work in the company. A. before B. until B. since D. once
8. His new album _____ so well that millions and millions of copies _____ out since its release. A. is sold; have sold C. is sold; have been sold B. sells; had been sold D. sells; have been sold
9. This is the general information about our school. ______ out more, please visit our website www.fsez.com. A. Find B. To find C. Finding D. Found
10. I don’t think it wise to give your children _____ they ask for, which, in my opinion, will spoil them in the end. A. whichever B. no matter what C. whatever D. however
11. Only when you have ______ through series of troubles and hardships will you know what a happy life really means. A. gone B. got C. pulled D. broken
12. ______ and you will be there, your desired university. A. If making one more effort C. One more effort B. Making one more effort D. Make one more efforts
13. He has written many fiction stories, _____ this is only an example. A. among which B. for which C. of which D. by which
14. ---He was born and grew up in a remote mountain village in Shangdong province. ---_____ he speaks English with a Shangdong accent. A. No doubt B. No wonder C. No problem D. No way
15. A computer ______ think for itself. It is programmed to carry out instructions only. A. can’t B. may not C. won’t D. shouldn’t
II. 完形填空（共 20 小题；每小题 1.5 分，满分 30 分）
阅读下面短文，从短文后所给各题的四个选项（A、B、C 和 D）中，选出可以填入空白处的最佳选项。
The winter skies are grey and it’s cold outside. The nights come early and we spend a lot more time __16__ and alone. Many people __17__ winter: so cold, so dark, so boring. But I like winter because I have more time to read. For many students reading means school; it means __18__. Reading is something your teacher assigns and it’s something you’re __19__. Reading is something you have to do, not something you want to do. But for me and many other people, reading is the most __20__ thing we can imagine. Getting lost in a good book can __21__ a cold winter evening disappear. Dull grey skies are no __22__ for the fantastic adventures of Frodo in The Lord of the Rings《指环王》or for romantic trouble-making of Jane Austen’s Emma《爱玛》, or for the youthful problems of Holden Caulfield in The Catcher in the Rye《麦田守望者》. All of those books are studied in North American high schools. They are interesting and well written books that __23__ young people. __24__, even there, many high school students don’t
enjoy reading the books because they are __25__ their school work: “Oh, my God! Two hundred pages! I’ll never be able to read __26__ much.” But sometimes a funny thing happens. They begin to read and they begin to follow the __27__. Suddenly, the world inside the book becomes more exciting and more wonderful than the world they __28__. At the moment the thought __29__ reading is work disappears and reading becomes __30__. Reading anything is __31__ but reading good books is a terrific (极好的) way to improve your English. Good writers write English very well and __32__ you with good examples to follow. And good books will tell you more about English __33__: what people think, how they talk, how they interact with each other. But don’t let me __34__ it by telling you that reading is good for you. Just think of it as a good way to __35_ on a cold winter evening. 16．A．indoors 17．A．like 18．A．job 19．A．checked 20．A．enjoyable 21．A．want 22．A．contest 23．A．appeal to 24．A．Fortunately 25．A．free from 26．A．not 27．A．story 28．A．leave for 29．A．what 30．A．a comfort 31．A．bad 32．A．provide 33 A．custom 34．A．break 35．A．keep warm B．indoor B．prefer B．worry B．tested on B．reasonable B．cause B．challenge B．respond to B．eventually B．part of B．very B．subject B．care about B．that B．a failure B．mean B．offer B．language B．spoil B．stand still C．outdoors D．outside C．hate D．love C．try D．work C．examined D．based on C．comfortable D．considerable C．make D．force C．competition D．match C．react to D．reply to C．Unfortunately D．Accidentally C．in place of D．far from C．this D．that C．idea D．theme C．flee from D．live in C．this D．which C．a success D．a pleasure C．great D．grand C．give D．award C．culture D．art C．make D．develop C．stay calm D．stay cool
阅读理解( 共两节，满分40分 第二部分 阅读理解 共两节，满分 分)
第一节（ 小题， 第一节（共15小题，每小题 分，满分 分） 小题 每小题2分 满分30分 阅读下列短文，从每题所给的四个选项（ABCD）中，选出最佳答案
A I start to wonder what else had changed since I’d been gone. My parents are in an awkward transition, wondering how to treat me now. They wrestle with whether to treat me—still their daughter—as one of them, an adult, or as the child they feel they sent away months earlier. I run into two of my best friends from high school; we stare at each other, expressionless. We ask the simple questions and give simple answers. It’s as if we have nothing to say to each other. I wonder how things have changed so much in such a small amount of time. We used to laugh and promise that no matter how far away we were, our love for each other would never change. Their interests don’t interest me anymore, and I find myself unable to relate my life to theirs.
I had been so excited to come home, but now I just look at it all and wonder: Is it me? Why hadn’t the world stood still here while I was gone? My room isn’t the same, my friends and I don’t share the same bond, and my parents don’t know how to treat me—or who I am, for that matter. I get back to school feeling half-fulfilled, but not disappointed. I sit up in my bed in my dorm room, surrounded by my pictures, dolls. As I wonder what has happened, I realize that I can’t expect the world to stand still and move forward at the same time. I can’t change and expect that things at home will stay the same. I have to find comfort in what has changed and what is new; keep the memories, but live in the present. A few weeks later, I’m packing again, this time for winter break. My mom meets me at the curb. I have come home accepting the changes, not only in my surroundings, but most of all in me. 36. What can we infer about the writer? A. She is a high school student. B. She is a college student. C. She is a clerk in a school. D. She is a traveler. 37. What surprises the writer most? A. The living conditions of her parents. B. The decorations in her room. C. The meeting with her best friends. D. The things still staying the same. 38. What is this passage mainly about? A. The writer’s curiosity about the changes. B. The changes in the writer’s surroundings and in herself. C. The writer’s disappointment about the changes. D. The writer’s unwilling accepting of the changes. B When we donate （捐献） blood, a small amount is usually taken in advance for at least ABO and Rh systems typing. If you are O+, the O is your ABO type and the + is your Rh type. It is possible to be A, B, AB, or O as well as Rh + or Rh-. The ABO system was discovered by Karl Landsteiner in the early 1900s. He was awarded the Nobel Prize for his achievements. There are four basic types of blood in the ABO system: A, B, AB and O. Everybody is born with one of these four types of blood. We get blood type, just like hair color and height from parents. Because of the substances (物质) contained in each type, the four groups must be transfused carefully. If two different blood types are mixed together, it may put a person into an extremely dangerous situation. Basically, A and B cannot be mixed. A and B cannot receive AB, but AB may receive A or B. In an emergency, type O blood can be given because it is most likely to be accepted by all blood types，so it is often called the universal donor. However， there is still a risk. For the opposite reason， is sometimes called the universal receiver. However， AB because there can be so many reactions in transfusions，patients usually receive only salt until their blood can be matched as exactly as possible in the blood bank of the hospital. There is a relationship between your blood type and your nationality. Among the Europeans, about 45 percent have type O while 42 percent have type A. The rarest is type AB. Other races have different percentage. For example, some American Indian groups have nearly 100 percent type out of 100 donors in the world… 84 donors are Rh+ 16 donors are Rh-
38 are O+ 34 are A+ 9 are B+ 3 are AB+
7 are O6 are A2 are B1 is AB-
39. Which of the following shown the correct relationships in blood transfusions?
A. B. C. D. 40. The underlined word “transfuse” most probably means __________. A. to put the blood into a container B. to move the blood from one place to another C. to put the blood of one person into the body of another D. to give power to another person 41. The writer suggests that the third most common blood type among the Europeans is __________. A. B B. A C. AB D. O 42. The text mainly tells us ___________. A. about the basic types of human blood B. what kind of blood is the most common C. about Karl Landsteiner who won the Nobel Prize D. the relationship between blood type and nationality C The Best Parks for All OPENING TIMES Open every day of the year except Christmas Day Summer Time：10 a.m.—6 p.m., last admission 4:30 p.m. Winter Time： 10 a.m.—dusk, last admission 3 p.m. ： We recommend that you allow between 3 and 4 hours to fully enjoy the Park
HOWLETTS DISABLED VISITORS Howletts is accessible to wheelchair users and every effort has been made to enable the greatest possible enjoyment for disabled guests. Wheelchairs are available for hire (please book in advance to avoid disappointment). There are reduced admission prices for disabled visitors. Please request more detailed advice on arrival. BY ROAD Howletts is located at Bekesboume and is signposted off the A2. three miles south of Canterbury in Kent. Free parking. BY RAIL One and a half hours from London Victoria to Bekesboume Station, followed by a 15-minute walk. For information telephone 0845 748 4950. BY SEA The Park is easily reached from the Channel Ports and terminals.
BY AIRCRAFT The Park is within a 30-minute drive from the terminal at Folkestone. PORT LYMPNE DISABLED VISITORS Port Lympne lies on hilly terrain and as a result is quite steep (陡峭的)in places. There are however, selected routes suitable for wheelchair users. A safari shuttle (旅行车) service around the park is available (free of charge to disabled visitors—subject to availability). Please request more detailed advice on arrival. There are substantially reduced admission prices for disabled visitors. BY ROAD Port Lympne is located at Lympne, near Hythe in Kent. Leave the M20 at Junction 11 and the Park is situated just 5 minutes away. Look for the brown tourist signs. Plenty of free parking. BY RAIL Just over an hour from London Charing Cross or Victoria to Ashford Station The Park is then only a 30-minute bus ride away (No. 10 bus). For information telephone 0845 748 4950. BY SEA The Park is easily reached from the Channel Ports and terminals. BY AIRCRAFT The park is only 10 minutes’ drive from the terminal at Folkestone.
43. You can enter either of the two parks at __________. A. 9:30 a.m. in summer B. 11:30 a.m. on Christmas C. 3 p.m. on Easter Day D. 4:30 p. m. in winter 44. After you get off the train, it will take you 15 minutes to get to __________. A. HOWLETPS by taxi B. HOWLETTS on foot C. PORT LYMPNE by bike D. PORT LYMPNE by bus 45. The two parks are different in __________. A. opening times B. convenience of traffic C. caring for the disabled D. land forms D Fifty years ago I married my soldier sweetheart. Six weeks later, he left to fight in Korea. While he was away for that first year of our marriage, I stayed with my mum and worked hard to keep our savings for our first home. After John returned, we found a home and applied for a War Service Home Loan, which at that time took about six months to come through. The builder of our home lived in the same street as our house and he allowed us to move in and pay rent until our loan came through. The rent was one pound and ten shillings per week, which we thought fair. As we got to know our neighbors, several told us to watch our landlord as he was “sharp” and may cheat us in some way. We always replied that he had given us no cause for complaint. The loan money came through shortly before Christmas. We were not well-off but we were happy to have our own home. One night, two weeks before Christmas, there was a knock at our door. It was our landlord and his wife. We invited them in and our landlord said, “As you know, your loan has come through and you do not have to pay me rent any more. I did not set that rent, the estate agent （房产代理商） and I thought it was a bit high. Every time you paid me I put ten did, shillings away in a box. It came to 11 pounds. We were surprised and delighted. To us, it was a small fortune just in time for Christmas. We were able to buy gifts for our entire family. It was the nicest thing anyone had ever done for us and we decided that we would never judge anyone on hearsay. 46. Why did the couple apply for a War Service Home Loan? A. To get married B. To rent a house C. To buy a house D. To keep savings 47. When a few neighbors talked about their landlord, the couple __________.
A. believed that he was sharp B. made a fair remark about him C. seldom complained about him D. said nothing about him 48. Which of the following is TRUE about the rent？ A. The couple thought the rent was a bit high． B. The landlord charged high rent by cheating． C. Some of the neighbors were charged too much on the rent． D. The estate agent set the rent which might be a bit high． 49. Why did the landlord and his wife call on the couple one night？ A.They wanted to give loan money to the couple． B. They tried to cheat the couple for more money． C. They wanted to give back part of the rent the couple had paid． D. They tried to give the couple a box as a Christmas gift． 50. The purpose of the passage is to show that __________. A. we should not judge a person on hearsay B. it was not easy for the couple to have a house of their own C. the landlord was kind to the couple but not to the neighbors D. the couple had an unexpected fortune before Christmas 小题； 第二节 （共5小题；每小题 分，满分 分） 小题 每小题2分 满分10分
A major source of teen stress is school exams, and test anxiety is not uncommon. When you recognize your teen is under stress, how can parents help your teen stay calm before an exam? Be involved. Parents need to be involved in their teen’s work. 51 _ What they look for is your presence—to talk, to cry, or simply to sit with them quietly. Communicate openly with your teen. Encourage your teen to express her worries and fears, but don’t let them focus on those fears. Help them get organized. 52 Together, you and your teen can work out a time-table in which she can study for what she knows will be on the test. Provide a calm setting. Help your teen set up a quiet place to study and protect his privacy. Give them a nutritious diet. It is important for your teen to eat a healthy, balanced diet during exam times to focus and do her best. 53 If this happens, encourage your teen to eat light meals or sandwiches. A healthy diet, rather than junk food, is best for reducing stress. 54 Persuade your teenager to get some sleep and/or do something active when she needs a real break from studying. Making time for relaxation, fun, and exercise are all important in reducing stress. Help your teen balance her time so that she will feel comfortable taking time out from studying to spend time with friends or rest. Show a positive attitude. 55 Your panic, anxiety and blame contribute to your teen’s pressure. Make your teen feel accepted and valued for her efforts. Most importantly, reassure your teen that things will be all right , no matter what the results are. A. A parent’s attitude will dictate their teen’s emotions. B. Exam stress can make some teens lose their appetite. C. They will only make the situation worse. D. Encourage your teen to relax. E. The best thing is simply to listen. F. Help your teen think about what she has to study and plan accordingly. G. Your teen may also make negative comments about themselves.
51. _______ 52. _______ 53. _______ 54. _______ 55. _______ 第三部分： 写作（共两节，满分35分 第三部分： 写作（共两节，满分 分） 第一节：短文改错（ 小题， 第一节：短文改错（共10小题，每小题 分，满分 分） 小题 每小题1分 满分10分 假定英语课上老师要求同桌之间交换修改作文，请你修改你同桌写的以下作文。文中共有10 处语言错误，每句中最多有两处。 错误涉及一个单词的增加、删除或修改。 增加：在缺词处加一个漏字符号(∧)，并在其下面写出该加的词。 删除： 把多余的词用斜线(\)划掉 修改： 在错的词下画一横线，并在该词下面写出修改的词。 注意： 1. 每处错误及其修改均限一词； 2. 只允许修改10处，多者(从第11处起)不计分。 China was the first in world to discover rockets, and the first “astronaut”was also a Chinese. In the lately 14th century a man named Wan Hu had himself tied to a special chair, the back of that was fitted with 47 original rockets. While he grasped huge kites on either sides, he hoped that rockets will advance him, and that the kites would lift him into the sky. He died. Therefore, his brave attempt has been acknowledged today. The international community has been named a crater on the moon after him. Up to now China had launched two manned spaceship. 第二节 书面表达 社会发展到了 2080 年，照顾老人成了一个突出问题。你公司顺应社会需要适时推出了家用机 器人。该机器人的主要功能有： 1. 可以在固定时间做饭、做饭期间可以根据个人需要进行调整。 2. 可以陪老人聊天、下棋、做运动。 3. 及时处理突发事件，例如老人突然病倒时及时拨打急救电话等。 请根据以上内容写一篇发言稿，在新闻发布会上向大家推荐这一新产品。 注意： １. 词数为 120 左右 ２. 内容可以适当发挥，注意行文连贯 ３. 短文开头已为你写好，不计入总词数。 参考词汇：突出的、显著的 prominent
Ladies and gentlemen, thank you for attending our company’s news conference. As you know ___________________________________________ ______________________________________________________________________________ ______________________________________________________________________________
______________________________________________________________________________ ______________________________________________________________________________ ______________________________________________________________________________ ______________________________________________________________________________ ____________________________________________________ ______________________________________________________________________________ ______________________________________________________________________________ ______________________________________________________________________________ ______________________________________________________________________________ ______________________________________________________________________________ ______________________________________________________________________________ ____________________________________________________
I 单项选择 1-15 DACBC BBDBC ACCBA II. 完形填空 16-20 ACDBA 21-25 CDACB 26-30 DADBD 31-35 CACBA III. 阅读理解 36-38 BCB 39-42 DCAA 43-45 CBD 46-50 CBDCA 51-55 EFBDA IV. 短文改错 China was the first in ∧world to discover rockets, and the first “astronaut” was the invent th also a Chinese. In the lately 14 century a man named Wan Hu had himself tied to a late special chair, the back of that was fitted with 47 original rockets. While he grasped the which huge kites on either sides, he hoped that rockets will advance him, and that the kites both would would lift him into the sky. He died. Therefore, his brave attempt has been However acknowledged today. The international community has been named a crater on the moon after him. Up to now China had launched two manned spaceship. has spaceships 参考范文： Ladies and gentlemen, thank you for attending our company’s news conference. As you know, with the development of economy, people have to face various pressures. They don’t have enough time to attend to old people in their family, which has become a prominent social problem. To solve this problem, our company put out a household robot, which is designed to take care of old people. It can cook meals at a fixed time and can be adjusted according to individual needs. It can also accompany old people in having a chat, playing chess, and doing exercise. Moreover, it can deal with emergencies. For example, if an old man falls ill suddenly, the robot will call a doctor for help. It would be a great help for you if you own such a robot. Thank you.
copyright ©right 2010-2020。