定语从句专项练习题及详解 50 1. The place _______interested me most was the children's palace. A. which
D. in which
2. Do you
know the man _______? A. whom I spoke C. I spoke to
B. to who spoke D. that I spoke
3. This is the hotel _______last month. A. which they stayed C. where they stayed at
B. at that they stayed D. where they stayed
4. Do you know the year ______the Chinese communist party was founded? A. which B. that
D. on which
5. That is the day ______I'll never forget. A. which B. on which C. in which
6. The factory ______we'll visit next week is not far from here. A. where
B. to which
D. in which
7. Great changes have taken place since then in the factory _______we are working. A. where B. that C. which A D. there A
8. This is one of the best films _______. A. that have been shown this year C. that has been shown this year
B. that have shown D. that you talked A
9. Can you lend me the book ______the other day? A. about which you talked C. about that you talked B. which you talked D. that you talked
10. The pen ______he is writing is mine. A A. with which C. on which B. in which D. by which
11. They arrived at a farmhouse, in front of ______sat a small boy. A. whom C B. who C. which D. that
12. The engineer ______my father works is about 50 years old. A. to whom C. with which D B. on whom D. with whom
13. Is there anyone in your class ______family is in the country? A. who D B. who's C. which D. whose A
14. I'm interested in ______you have said. A. all that B. all what C. that
15. I want to use the same dictionary ______was used yesterday. A. which D B. who C. what D. as
16. He isn't such a man ______he used to be. D A. who B. whom C. that D. as
17. He is good at English, ______we all know. A. that B. as C. whom D. what
18. Li Ming, ______to the concert enjoyed it very much. B A. I went with C. with who I went B. with whom I went D.I went with him C
19. I don't like ______ as you read. A. the novels C. such novels
B. the such novels D. same novels
20. He talked a lot about things and persons ________they remembered in the school. A. which B. that C. whom B
21. The letter is from my sister, ______is working in Beijing. D A. which B. that C. whom D. who
22. In our factory there are 2,000 workers, two thirds of ____are women. C
23. You're the only person ______I've ever met ______could do it. A. who; / D c. whom; / D. /; who A
B. /; whom
24. I lost a book, ______I can't remember now. A. whose title C. the title of it B. its title D. the title of that
25. Last summer we visited the west lake, ______ Hangzhou is famous in the world. A. for which B. for that A D. what
C. in which
26. I have bought such a watch _______ was advertised on TV. A. that C B. which C. as D. it
27. I can never forget the day _______ we worked together and the day ______ we spent together. A. when; which C. what; that B. which; when D. on which; when A
28. The way ______he looks at problems is wrong. D A. which B. whose C. what D. /
29. This is the reason ______he didn't come to the meeting. D A. in which B. with which C. that D. for which
30. This machine, ______for many years, is still working perfectly. B
A. after which I have looked B. which I have looked after C. that I have looked after D. I have looked after 31. The reason ______he didn't come was ______he was ill. A A. why; that C. for that; that B. that; why D. for which; what
32. He is working hard, ______will make him pass the final exam. B
C. for which
D. who A D. with which
33. That is not the way ______I do it. A. / B. which C. for which
34. I have two grammars, ______are of great use. D A. all of which C. both of that B. either of which D. both of which
35. I want to use the same tools _______used in your factory a few days ago. A. as was 36. 37. 38. 39. You can depend on whatever promise _______ he makes. A. / A B. why C. when D. whose C C. as were D. which
B. which was
40. Smoking, _______ is a bad habit, is, however, popular. B A. that B. which C. it D. though
41. --- Did you ask the guard _______ happened? --- Yes, he told me all _______ he knew. A. what; that C. which; which B. what; what D. that; that A
42. I shall never forget those years _______ I lived on the farm with the farmers, _______ has a great effect on my life. D B. that; which D. when; which
A. when; who C. which; that
43. The number of the people who _______ cars _______ increasing. A. owns; are C. own; is 44. C
B. owns; is D. own; are
45. Is oxygen the only gas _______ helps fire burn? A. that B. / C. which D. it
46. The clever boy made a hole in the wall, _______ he could see _____ was going on inside house. A. which; what C. through that; what B
B. through which; what D. what; that
47. Is ______some German friends visited last week? A. this school C. this school one 48. 49. I have bought two ball pens, _______ writes well. A. none of them C. neither of which 50. B. neither of them D. none of which B. this the school D. this school where
1.the place _______interested me most was the children's palace. a. which b. where c. what d. in which 2.do you know the man _______? a. whom i spoke b. to who spoke c. i spoke to d. that i spoke 3.this is the hotel _______last month. a. which they stayed b. at that they stayed c. where they stayed at d. where they stayed 4.do you know the year ______the chinese communist party was founded? a. which b. that c. when d. on which 5.that is the day ______i'll never forget. a. which b. on which c. in which d. when
6.the factory ______we'll visit next week is not far from here. a. where b. to which c. which d. in which 7.great changes have taken place since then in the factory _______we are working. a. where b. that c. which d. there 8.this is one of the best films _______. a. that have been shown this year b. that have shown c. that has been shown this year d. that you talked 9.can you lend me the book ______the other day? a. about which you talked b. which you talked c. about that you talked d. that you talked 10.the pen ______he is writing is mine. a. with which b. in which c. on which d. by which 11.they arrived at a farmhouse, in front of ______sat a small boy.
a. whom b. who c. which d. that 12.the engineer ______my father works is about 50 years old. a. to whom b. on whom c. with which d. with whom 13.it there anyone in your class ______family is in the country? a. who b. who's c. which d. whose 14.i'm interested in ______you have said. a. all that b. all what c. that d. which 15.i want to use the same dictionary ______was used yesterday. a. which b. who c. what d. as 16.he isn't such a man ______he used to be. a. who b. whom c. that d. as 17.he is good at english, ______we all know. a. that b. as c. whom d. what
18.li ming, ______to the concert enjoyed it very much. a. i went with b. with whom i went c. with who i went d.i went with him 19.i don't like ______ as you read. a. the novels b. the such novels c. such novels d. same novels 20.he talked a lot about things and persons ________they remembered in the school. a. which b. that c. whom d. what 21.the letter is from my sister, ______is working in beijing. a. which b. that c. whom d. who 22.in our factory there are 2,000 workers, two thirds of ____are women. a. them b. which c. whom d. who 23.you're the only person ______i've ever met
______could do it.
a. who;/ b./; whom c. whom;/ d./; who 24.i lost a book, ______i can't remember now. a. whose title b. its title c. the title of it d. the title of that 25.last summer we visited the west lake,
______hangzhou is famous in the world. a. for which b. for that c. in which d. what 26.i have bought such a watch _______ was advertised on tv. a. that b. which c. as d. it 27.i can never forget the day _______ we worked together and the day ______ we spent together. a. when; which b. which; when c. what; that d. on which; when 28.the way ______he looks at problems is wrong. a. which b. whose c. what d./ 29.this is the reason ______he didn't come to the meeting.
a. in which b. with which c. that d. for which 30.this machine, ______for many years, is still working perfectly. a. after which i have looked b. which i have looked after c. that i have looked after d. i have looked after 31.the reason ______he didn't come was ______he was ill. a. why; that b.that;why c. for that;that d.for which;what 32.he is working hard, ______will make him pass the final exam. a.that b.which c.for which d.who 33.that is not the way ______i do it. a./ b.which c.for which d.with which 34.i have two grammars, ______are of great use. a. all of which b. either of which c. both of that d. both of which
35.i want to use the same tools _______used in your factory a few days ago. a. as was b. which was c. as were d. which 36.my neigh bours used to give me a hand in time of trouble, _______ was very kind of them. a. who b. which c. that d. it 37.this is the magazine _______ i copied the paragraph. a. that b. which c. from that d. from which 38.he is not such a man _______ would leave his work half done. a. that b. which c. who d. as 39. you can depend on whatever promise _______ he makes. a. / b. why c. when d. whose 40. smoking, _______ is a bad habit, is, however, popular. a. that b. which c. it d. though
41. --- did you ask the guard _______ happened? --- yes, he told me all _______ he knew. a. what; that b. what; what c. which; which d. that; that 42. i shall never forget those years _______ i lived on the farm with the farmers, _______ has a great effect on my life. a. when; who b. that; which c. which; that d. when; which 43. the number of the people who _______ cars _______ increasing. a. owns; are b. owns; is c. own; is d. own; are 44. during the days ________, he worked as a servant at the browns. a. followed b. following c. to follow d. that followed 45. is oxygen the only gas _______ helps fire burn? a. that b. / c. which d. it
46. the clever boy made a hole in the wall, _______ he could see _____ was going on inside house. a. which; what b. through which; what c. through that; what d. what; that 47. is _______ some german friends visited last week? a. this school b. this the school c. this school one d. this school where 48. john got beaten in the game, _______ had been expected. a. as b. that c. what d. who 49. i have bought two ballpens, _______ writes well. a. none of them b. neither of them c. neither of which d. none of which 50. all that can be eaten _______ eaten up. a. are being b. has been c. had been d. have been
1. a. which 用作关系代词，在定语从句中作主语。 2． "和谁讲话”要说 speak to sb. 本题全句应为 do you c. know the man whom i spoke to.。 whom 是关系代词， 作 介词 to 的宾语，可以省略。 3. d. where 是关系副词，表示地点，在定语从句中作 地点状语。 4. c. when 是关系副词，表示时间，在定语从句中作时 间状语。 5．a. which 是关系代词，在从句中作 forget 的宾语。 其他几个答案都不能作宾语。 6．c. 解析同第 5 题。 7. a. 解析见第 3 题。 8. a. 本句话的先行词应该是 films,因此， 关系代词 that 是负数概念，其谓语动词应用复述的被动语态 have been shown。如果句中的 one 前面使用了定冠词 the， 则 the one 应该视为先行词。 9. a. “谈到某事物”应说 talk about sth.。about 是介词， 其后要用 which 作宾语，不能用 that。
10. a. with which 是"介词+关系代词"结构,常用来引导 定语从句.with 有"用"的意思,介词之后只能用 which, 不能用 that. with which 在定语从句中作状语,即 he is writing with a pen. 11. c. in front of which 即 in front of a farmhouse. in front of which 在从句中作状语. 12. d. with whom 引导定语从句.with whom 放在从句中 即为:my father works with the engineer. 13. d. whose 引导定语从句,在从句中作主语 family 的 定语. 14. a. that 引导定语从句,因为先行词是 all,所以只能选 用 that 引导. 15. d. the same……..as 是固定用法, as 引导定语从句时, 可以作主语,宾语或表语.在本句话中,as 作从句的主语. 16. d. such……… as 是固定用法,as 引导定语从句时, 可以作主语,宾语或表语.在本题中,as 作表语. 17. b. as 作关系代词可以单独用来引导非限制性定语 从句。这时 as 所指代的不是主句中某个名词，而往往 指代整个主句的含义。 在从句中可以作主语、 as 宾语。
从句可放在主句后，也可置于主句前。在本句中,as 作 宾语. 18. b. li ming enjoyed it very much 是主句,with whom i went to the concert 是定语从句.with whom 放在从句中 为:i went to the concert with li ming. 19. c. as 引导定语从句时通常构成 such…as 或 the same…as 固定搭配，其中 such 和 same 修饰其后的名 词，as 为关系代词，指代其前的名词引导定语从句。 as 在从句中可以作主语、表语或宾语。such 修饰单数 名词时,要用 such a……..,本题中 such books, such 直接 修饰复数名词. 20. b. things 和 persons 是先行词.当定语从句要修饰的 先行词是既表示人,又表示物的名词时,其关系代词要 用 that. 21. d. who 引导非限制性定语从句,who 作从句的主语. 22. c. two thirds of whom 即:two thirds of the 2,000 workers. 23. d. 先行词 person 后有两个定语从句,第一个从句省 略了关系代词 whom.因为, whom 作从句中 met 的宾语,
可以省略.第二个从句 who could do it.who 在从句中作 主语,不可省略. 24. a. whose title 引导非限制性定语从句,whose title 也 可以说成 the title of which 25. a. for which 引导定语从句,使用介词 for,是来自于 从句中的固定短语 be famous for "以……..而闻名". 26. c. 当先行词被 such 修饰时,引导定语从句的关系代 词要用 as. as 在本从句中作主语. 27. a. 两个先行词 the day 都是表示时间的名词,但第 一个空白处要填的关系词在从句中作状语,因此要用 关系副词 when. 第二个空白处要填的关系词在从句中 作动词 spent 的宾语,因此要用关系代词 which 或 that 来引导定语从句. 28. d. 在 way、distance、direction 等词后的定语从句 中，常用 that 来代替“in (或其他介词)+which”、when 或 where，而 that 常可省略。 29. d. for which 在定语从句中作原因状语,可用 why 来替代.
30. b. which i have looked after 构成一个非限制性定 语从句. 31. a. the reason why… was that….已成为一种固定句 型，这一句中的 why 和 that 不能随意换位，也不能将 that 改成 because，尽管 that 这个词在译文中可能有 “因为”的含义。 32. b. 非限制性定语从句常用 which 引导,which 表示 前句话的整个含义. 33. a. 解释见 28 题. 34. d. 主句中的 two 表明不能选 a.从句中的 are 表明不 能选 b. both of which 用来引导非限制性定语从句. 35. c. as 引导定语从句时通常构成 such…as 或 the same…as 固定搭配，其中 such 和 same 修饰其后的名 词，as 为关系代词，指代其前的名词引导定语从句。 as 在从句中可以作主语、表语或宾语。本题中 as 作从 句的主语. 36. b. 非限制性定语从句常用 which 引导,which 表示 前句话的整个含义. 37. d.
38. d. 解析见 35 题. 39. a. he makes 是定语从句, 从句前省略了关系代词 that. 40. b. which is a bad habit 非限制性定语从句. 41. a. what happened 是宾语从句. all 之后 that he knew 是定语从句.先行词是 all,所以关系代词只能用 that. 42. d. years 是表示时间的名词,用 when 引导定语从句, 是因为 when 在从句中作时间状语.第二个空选用 which,引导一个非限制性定语从句. 43. c. 本句话的定语从句是 who own cars. 其先行词 是 people,因此,定语从句的谓语动词要用复数的 own。 本句话主句的主语是 the number of 指“…..的数目”， 是 单数概念。因此，主句的谓语动词要用 is。 44. d. that followed 是定语从句，关系代词 that 在从句 中作主语。 45. a. 先行词 gas 被 only 修饰， 关系代词要用 that， 而 不用 which。
46. b. through which 引导定语从句，through which 即 through the hole,在定语从句中作状语。what 引导的是 see 的宾语从句，并作从句的主语。 47. b. 为便于理解，改写本句话：this is the school that some germanfriends visited last week. 不难看出，作表 语的 the school 是先行词。that 引导了定语从句，因为 that 同时又作 visited 的宾语，所以被省略了。其它选 项结构不对。 48. a. 解释见 35 题。 49. c. 因为是 two ballpens, 并且定语 从 句的谓语 writes 是单数概念。因此，c 是正确选项。 50. b. 本句话中， 主句的主语是 all,为抽象概念。 因此， 其谓语应用单数的 has been。关系代词 that 引导定语 从句，并在从句中作主语。 定语从句专项练习 作者：瑞扬 来源：2008091623143289425.doc 点击数：11269 更 新时间：2008-10-30
定语从句专项练习 Choose the best answer. 1．All ____ should be done has been done. A. what B. which C. that D. whatever
2．I, ____ your best friend, will try my best to help you. A. who is B. who am C. that is D. which am
3． Leilei is the girl _____ pronunciation is the best in our class. A. whose B. who C. who’s D. that
4．Can you lend me the book ______ the other day? A. you talked about it that you talked B. that you talked C. about
D. you talked about
5．The two old friends talked about the persons and places _____ impressed them most. A. which B. who C. where D. that
6．These articles are written in simple language, _____ makes it easy to read. A. that B. this C. which D. it
7． father works in the factory _____ this type of truck My is made. A. in where which B. in which C. from which D. of
8．He is the man to _____ I gave the money. A. who B. whom C. which D. that
9．The very thing _____ brought about a complete change in her life was the libration. A. which B. that C. who D. when
10．This is the same girl _____ came to borrow an English book two days ago. A. that B. who C. which D. whom
11．The way _____ you are doing it is complete crazy. A. in which which 12．I still remember the summer _____ we had the drought. A. which B. why C. where D. when B. by which C. on which D. at
13 China is not the same country ______ it was 20 years ago. A. that B. as C. which D. when
14. Wang Fei is the boy _____ I think is the most diligent in our class. A. who B. whom C. about whom D. him
15. Tom told the teacher the reason ______ he was late again.
B. for why
C. for that
D. for which
定语从句相似句型精练。 1. 1) This is one of the most interesting films ____ shown last week. 2) This is the only (very) one of the most interesting films ____ shown last week. A. which was B. that was were 2. 1) He has two sons, _____ are college students. 2) He has two sons, and _____ are college students. A. both of which B. both of whom C. both of them C. which were D. that
3. 1) He still lives in the room ______ window faces to the east. 2) He still lives in the room , the window ______ faces to the east. 3) He still lives in the room ______ is in the north of the city. 4) He still lives in the room ______ there is a beautiful table. A. which B. whose C. where D. of which
4. 1) _____ we all know, China, is rich in natural resources.
2) _____ is well- know that China is rich in natural resources. 3) _____ is well- know, China is rich in natural resources. A. Which B. As C. It D. That
5. 1) I will never forget the days ______ we studied together. 2) I will never forget the days ______ we spent together. A. that B. on when C. when D. on which
6. 1) Galileo collected facts _____ proved the earth and all the other planets move around the sun. 2) Galileo collected facts _____ the earth and all the other planets move around the sun. A.that B. which C. 不填 D. A and B 7. 1) It was eleven o’clock _____ they went out of the cinema. 2) It was at eleven o’clock _____ they went out of the cinema. A. which B. that C. when D. on which
8. 1) It was in 1969 _____ two Americans got to the moon by spaceship. 2) It was 1969 _____ two Americans got to the moon by spaceship.
9. 1) The soldiers left the village _____ they arrived yesterday evening. 2) The soldiers started from the village _____ they stayed yesterday. A. on which B. that C. at which D. where
10. 1) _____ leaves the room last ought to turn off the lights. 2) _____ who leaves the room last ought to turn off the lights. 3) _____ who leave the room last ought to turn off the lights. A. Anyone B. Who C. Those D. Whoever
11. 1) Is this the factory _____ you visited last year? 2) Is this factory _____ you visited last year? 3) This is the factory _____ he works. 4) This is the factory _____ we paid a visit yesterday. A. where B. that C. the one D. to which
12. 1) The doctor, _____ help the engineer managed to invent a new instrument, was praised. 2) The doctor, _____ helped the engineer manage to invent a new instrument, was praised.
B. with whose
13. 1) Beijing is the most beautiful city, ____ has a population of over 10,000,000. 2) Beijing is the most beautiful city ____ I have ever visited. 3) Beijing is the most beautiful city, ____ I spent my last summer holiday. A. which B. that C. where D. as
14. 1)The only spade, with ____ we planted trees, is missing. 2) The only spade ____ we planted trees with is missing. A. which B. that C. whose D. whom
15. 1) I want to buy the same watch ______ you are wearing. 2) This is the same watch _____ I lost in the hotel. A. as B. that C. which D. who
Correct the following sentences. 16. Let me have a look at the dictionary that you bought it yesterday. 17. This is the house where I lived in two years ago. 18. There was little which I could do for you. 19. Nobody wants the house which roof has fallen in.
20. Guilin is a city where has a history of 2000 years. 21. She is the only one among us that know French. 22. This is the teacher whom we have learnt a lot. 23. I hope to get such a dictionary that he is using. 24. The man and the horse that who fell into the river were drowned. 25. Which we know, more than seventy percent of the earth is covered with water. 26. The reason why he was late for school was because he had been knocked down by a bike. 27. I don’t like the way which you speak to your mother. 28. That is all what they need for the experiment. 29. What was the year that fighting broke out. 30. The theatre that Lincoln was shot is in the same city. Consolidation exercises. 四．历届高考单选题精选。 1.His parents wouldn’t let him marry anyone ______ family was poor. A.of whom D D.whose
B.whom C.of whose
2.She heard a terrible noise, _______ brought her heart into her mouth. B
3.In the dark street , there wasn’t a single person _____ she could turn for help. A.that B.who D C.from whom D.to whom
4.The weather turned out to be very good , ____ was more than we could expect. A.what (92) 5.After living in Pairs for fifty years he returned to the small town ____ he grew up as a child. A.which (96) 6． Carol said the work would be done by October,＿＿＿ ＿＿personally I doubt very much. A. it D.which B.that (99) C.when B.where C.that B D.when B.which B C.that D.it
7．Dorothy was always speaking highly of her role in the play, ________,of course , made the others unhappy. B A ． who (2000) 8.Recently I bought an ancient Chinese vase , _____ was very reasonable. B ． which C ． this D ． what
A.which price C.the price of which
B.its price D.the price of whose
9._____ has already been pointed out , grammar is not a set of dead rules. A.As D.Which 10.He lived in London for 3 months , during ____ time he learned some English. A.this D.same 11.Oh the wall hung a picture, _____ color is blue. A.whose D.its 12.Whenever I met him , ____ was fairly often, I like his sweet and hopeful smile. A.what D.when 13.The film brought the hours back to me _____ I was taken good care of in that far-away village. A.until D.where (2001) B.that C.when B.which C.that B.of which C.which B.which C.that B.It C.That
14.The boss ____ department Ms King worked ten years ago look down upon women. A.in which D.whose 15.I don’t like _____ you speak to her. A.the way which B.the way in that D.the way of which C.the way B.in that C.in whose
16.I had neither a raincoat nor an umbrella ._______ I got wet through . A.It’s the reason C.There’s why B.That’s why D.It’s how
17.He made another wonderful discovery , ____ of great importance to science. A.which I think is it is C.which I think it which is 18.Meeting my uncle after all these years was an unforgettable moment, _____ I will always treasure. A.that D.what (2002) B.one C.it D.I think B.which I think
五．Close test Religious and private schools receive little or no support from public taxes in the United States, and, __1_ a result, are usually somewhat expensive to _2__. The largest group of religious schools in America _3_ by the Roman Catholic Church. While religious schools tend to be _4__ expensive than private schools, there are usually some __5__. When there _6_ free education available to all children in the United States, why do people __7__ money on private schools? Americans offer __8__ great varieties of reasons for doing so, including the desire of some parents to ___9_ their children to schools ___10__ classes tend to be smaller, or where religious instruction _11__ as part of the educational program, or because, _12____ their opinion, the public schools in their area are not _13__ high enough quality to meet their needs.Private schools in the United States _14___ widely in size, quality, and in the kind of program that are offered to meet _15___ of certain students. The degree _16___ American parents are active in their children’s schools is often _17__ to people of other countries. Most schools have organizations _18___ of both parents and
teachers, usually called P.T.A
for Parent- Teacher
Association. They meet together to _19___ various matters concerning the school. Parents often give their time _20__ with classroom or after school activities. 1. A. as 2. A. join B. to C. in D. for C. take part in C. is run C. rather D. come D. is running D. much D. fees
B. attend B. run
3. A. were run 4. A. less 5. A. lodging 6. A. was 7. A. spend 8. A. a 9. A. bring 10. A. which 11. A. is
B. boarding B. have been B. pay
C. bill C. is
D. are D. take
D. / C. send D. sending D. where included C.
B. bringing B. what included
C. in that B. are
includes 12. A. to 13. A. / 14. A. differ
D. had included B. in B. in C. on C. of D. for D. on C. extend D. differs C. needs D.
15. A. the needs need 16. A. on which
B. the satisfaction
B. to which
what 17. A. surprise striking 18. A. consisting D. making up B. comment C. discuss D. B. comprising C. B. surprised C. surprising D.
19. A. talk to exchange 20. A. helping helping 短文改错。 Dear Sir, After offer myself old, male, I’ll 1.78 for read your the
B. to help
C. for helping
advertisement position. I’m
1._______ twenty years
2._______ metres tall, strong and health,
graduate Nanjing University this year. I’ve been learning 4._______
English for 10 years. My speaking English is very good 5. ______
and I can write good articles. I had won several
prizes in English
6.______ contests. I’ve made a number of
invention, most practice. But skillfully. I of
7._______ that have been put into
8._______ use the 9._______ computer
If I can get the job, I’ll do all I can do it well. 10.______
Thank you for your kindness. Yours truly, Li Hua
The key: 一．1-5 CBADD 6-10 CBBBA 11-15 ADBAD
二．1. 1) D 2) B D 3) A 4) C 5. 1) C 2) A 8. 1) C 2) B A 3) C
2. 1) B 2) C
3. 1) B 2)
6. 1) D 2) A 9. 1) C 2) D
7. 1) C 2) B 10. 1) D 2)
11. 1) B 2)C 3) A 4) D A 2)B 3) C 14. 1) A 2) B 三． it 去掉 1. 改成 whose 5.where 改成 that 或 which 7.teacher 后加 from 10.Which 改成 As 14.that 改成 when 四 ． 1-5 ABCCA 五 ． 1-5 ABCAA
12. 1) B 2) C
15. 1) A 2) B 2.in 去掉 3. which 改成 that 4. which
6.know 改成 knows 9.who 去掉
8.that 改成 as
11.because 改成 that 13.what 改成 that 15.that 改成 where 6-10 DBCAB 11-15
12.way 后加 in 或者 which 去掉
16-18 BAB ABCAD 6-10 CAACD 11-15
16-20 BCACB 2.right 3.health 改 成
六 ． 1. read 改 成 reading healthy 4.graduate 后加 from
5.speaking 改成 spoken
改成 have 7.invention 改成 inventions 改成 And 10.can 后加 to 8.that 改成 which 9.But
定语从句语法专项练习习题精选 用适当的关系词填空： 1. I still remember the night _______I first came to the house. 2. I'll never forget the day________ other last week. 3. Mr Black is going to Beijing in October, ______ _is the best season there. 4. I will never forget the days _______I spent with your family. 5. I'll never forget the last day______ we spent tog ether. 6. This is the school ______I used to study. 7. Do you still remember the place______ we visite d last week? 8. Do you still remember the place_______ we visit we met each
ed the painting exhibition? 9. Have you ever been to Hangzhou, _____is famou s for the West Lake? 10. Have you ever been to Hangzhou, ______lies the West Lake? 11. Tom will go to Shanghai,______live his two bro thers. 12. I live in Beijing,____is the capital of China. 13. There was a time ______there were slaves in th e USA. 14. It is the third time ______you have made the sa me mistake. 15. It was in the street _____I met John yesterday. 16. It was about 600 years ago____the first clock w ith a face and an hour hand was made. 17. The moment _____I saw you, I recognized(认出) you. 18. This is the very novel about____we've talked so much. 19. This is the way____he did it. 20. Who is the student _____was late for school tod ay?
21. Who _____knows him wants to make friends wi th him? 22. What else was there in my brother____you didn' t like? 23. He lives in the room____window faces to the s outh. 24. He lives in the room, the window_____faces to the south. 25. This is Mr. John for____son I brought a book y esterday. 26. This is Mr. John for_____I bought a book yeste rday. 27. This is the hour_____the place is always full of women and children. 28. And there is one point ______I'd like your advi ce. 29. Winter is the time of year______the days are sh ort and nights are long. 30. I hope you will find this valley a beautiful plac e____you may spend your weekend. KEYS:
1. when 6. where ere 11. where 16. that h)
2. when 3. which
5. that 10. wh
7. that/which 8. where 9. which
12. which 13. when 17. (that) 18. which
19. (that/in whic
20.that 22 that 23.whose 24. of which 25. who
26. whom ere 资料简介：
定语从句专项练习题与答案详解 1. Nearly all the streets are in straight lines, ________ from east to west. Those ________ run from north to south are called avenues. A. running; that B. run; who C. running; who D. run; that 2. This is the case ________ he’s had all his money stolen. A. when B. where C. that D. on which 3. Mr.
Smith will pay a visit to Beijing this autumn, ________ we will enjoy the Olympic Games in 2008. A. where B. when C. which D. how 4. The artist will not paint people or animals but he will paint anything ________ . A. that
the little girl asks him B. the little girl asks him to C. for the little girl to ask him D. what the little girl asks him 5. —How did you get in touch with the travel agent, Robin? —Oh, that’s easy. I surfed the Internet and then called one ________ the telephone number is provided. A. which B. in which C. of which D. whose 6. October 15 th is my birthday, ________ I will never forget. A. when B. that C. what D. which 7. The treatment will continue until the patient reaches the point ________ he can walk correctly and safely. A. when B. where C. which D. whose 8. There are several research centers in China ________ a certain disease called Bird Flu is being studied. A. which B. where C. when D. what 9. I hope that the little ________ I have been able to do does good to them all. A. which B. what C. that D. when 10. The time is not far away ________ modern communications will become widespread in China’s vast countryside. A. as B. when C. until D. before 11. ________ is known to everybody, Taiwan is a part of China. We must unify it. A. It B. As C. Which D. What 12. I shall never forget the day ________ Shen Zhou V was launched, ________ has a great effect on my life. A. when, which B. that, which
C. which, that D. when, that 13. The bread my wife makes is much better than ________ you can buy at a store. A. that which B. one that C. that of which D. this of which 14. There is no such place ________ you dream of in all this world. A. that B. what C. which D. as 15. The people, ________ had been damaged by the flood, were given help by the Red Cross. A. all whose homes B. all of whose homes C. all their homes D. all of their homes 16. The humans are destroying nature day by day, ________ of course, will cause severe punishment from it sooner or later. A. who B. when C. on which D. which 17. Is this research center ________ you visited the modern equipment last year? A. where B. that C. the one that D. the one where 18. Some pictures of the river brought the days back to the old ________ they swam in it. A. when B. that C. who D. where 19. The man showed us so heavy a stone ________ no man can lift. A. that B. as C. which D. and 20. He stayed there for quite a long time, during ________ time he learned much spoken English. A. that B. this C. which D. same 答案与解析： 1. A. 主语与 run(延伸)是主动关系，所以用现在分词。 Those 指街道，所以不用 who 而用 that 来引导定语从
句。2. B. 因为在此题中 where 引导定语从句， 表示“在 这种种况下”，与 in which 相当。 3. A. 因为先行词是 Beijing 而不是 this autumn 所以用 where 引导定语从 句。4. B. 答案 B 是省略了关系代词 that 的定语从句， 另外，to 后还省略了动词原形 paint。 5. C. 因为 of which 引导定语从句， 并在从句中作定语。 which the of telephone number = whose telephone number。 6. D. 因 为这是个非限制性定语从句，先行词是前面一句话的 内容。 7. B. 因为表示“阶段、程度、地步”的 the point 在定语从句中作地点状语，所以用 where 引导定语从 句。 8. B. 因为先行词是 research centers 并在定语从 句中作状语，所以用 where。 9. C. 因为当先行词是 表示事物的 all, little, few, much, anything, everything, nothing 等时， 多用 that 引导定语从句。 10. 因为先行 词是 the time，且在定语从句中作状语，所以用 when 引导。此题的先行词与定语从句被主句谓语分开了， 要善于辨别。 11. B. 先行词是 Taiwan is a part of China 整个主句，一般由 as 或 which 引导定语从句， 但 which 引导的定语从句只能放在主句之后，另外， as 有“正如”之意，而 which 没有，所以用 as。顺便说 说，原句改为：It is known to everybody that Taiwan is…= What is known to everybody is that Taiwan is…
12. A. 两空都是考查定语从句，先行词分别是 the day 和 Shen Zhou V was launched, the day 在定语从句中作 状语，用 when 引导；后句是非限制性定语从句，不 能用 that，要用 which。 13. A. 因为替代不可数名词 (the bread) 只能用 that，排除 B 和 D；又因为先行词 that (the bread) 在定语从句中作 buy 的宾语， which， 用 所以选 A。 14. D. 当定语从句的先行词前有 such, so, as 等词语时，由 as 引导，并且 as 在定语从句中作主 语或宾语，as 在此题中作 dream of 的宾语。注意：在 表示“如此…以致…”的 such /so…that…结构中，that 不作任何句子成份。 15. B. 考查非限制性定语从句， all of whose homes = all of their homes 他们所有的房 子。 16. D. 因为先行词是前面整个句子， 且在从句中 作主语， 所以用 which。 course 是插入语。 17. D. 将 of 疑问句改为陈述句：this research center is…显然缺少 先行词，必须加上代词 the one 来作先行词，又因定语 从句不缺主语或宾语，所以用关系副词 where。假若 在 this 后加 the， 就选 where， 请想想这是为什么。 18. A. 因为先行词是 the days，并在定语从句中作状语。 19. B. 当先行词前有 so 时，用 as 引导定语从句，as 在从句中作主语或宾语。 假若在 lift 后加上 it， 答案就 是 that 了，请想想这是为什么。 20. C. 因前后均的句
子，必须要选连词，排除 B 和 D；又因在介词后不能 用 that 来引导定语从句，所以选 C。during which time 在那段时间里。 1. Don’t talk about such things of __________ you are n ot sure.
A. which B. what C. as D. those
2. Is this the factory __________ you visited the other da y?
A. that B. where C. in which D. the one
3. Is this factory __________ some foreign friends visite d last Friday?
A. that B. where C. which D. the one
4. Is this the factory __________ he worked ten years ag o?
A. that B. where C. which D. the one
5. The wolves hid themselves in the places __________ c ouldn’t be found.
A. that B. where C. in which D. in that
6. The freezing point is the temperature __________ wat
er changes into ice.
A. at which B. on that C. in which D. of what
7. This book will show you __________ can be used in o ther contexts..
A. how you have observed B. what you have observed
C. that you have observed D. how that you have observed
8. The reason is __________ he is unable to operate the machine.
A. because B. why C. that
D. whether 9. I’ll tell you __________ he told me last week.
A. all which B. that C. all that D. which
10. That tree, __________ branches are almost bare, is v ery old.
A. whose B. of which C. in which D. on which
11. I have bought the same dress __________ she is wear ing.
A. as B. that
C. which D. what
12. He failed in the examination, __________ made his f ather very angry.
A. which B. it C. that D. what 13. We’re talking about the piano and the pianist ______ ____ were in the concert we attended last night.
A. which B. whom C. who D. that
14. The girl __________ an English song in the next roo m is Tom’s sister.
A. who is singing B. is singing C. sang D. was singing
15. Those __________ not only from books but also thro ugh practice will succeed.
A. learn B. who C. that learns D. who learn
16. Anyone __________ this opinion may speak out.
A. that againsts B. that against C. who is against D. who are against 17. Didn’t you see the man __________?
A. I nodded just now B. whom I nodded just now
C. I nodded to him just now D. I nodded to just now
18. Can you lend me the novel __________ the other day?
A. that you talked B. you talked about it
C. which you talked with D. you talked about
19. Is there anything __________ to you?
A. that is belonged B. that belongs C. that belong D. which belongs 20. ---- “How do you like the book?”
---- “It’s quite different from __________ I read last mon th.”
A. that B. which C. the one D. the one what
21. Mr. Zhang gave the textbook to all the pupils except __________ who had already taken them.
A. the ones B. ones C. some D. the others
22. The train __________ she was travelling was late.
A. which B. where C. on which D. in that
23. He has lost the key to the drawer __________ the pap ers are kept.
A. where B. in which C. under which D. which
24. Antarctic __________ we know very little is covered with thick ice all the year round.
A. which B. where C. that D. about which 25. It’s the third time __________ late this month.
A. that you arrived B. when you arrived
C. that you’ve arrived D. when you’ve arrived
26. It was in 1969 __________ the American astronaut s ucceeded in landing on the moon.
A. that B. which C. when D. in which
27. May the fourth is the day __________ we Chinese pe ople will never forget.
A. which B. when C. on which D. about which
28. We are going to spend the Spring Festival in Guangz hou, __________ live my grandparents and some relative s.
A. which B. that C. who D. where
29. The hotel __________ during our holidays stands by the seaside.
A. we stayed at B. where we stayed at C. we stayed D. in that we stayed 30. Is it in that factory __________ “Red Flag” cars are p roduced?
A. in which B. where C. which D. that
31. It is the Suez Canal __________ separates Asia ____ ______ Africa.
A. which, to B. where, from C. that, from D. that, with
32. Under the bridge, however, almost directly below, __ ________ was a small canoe, with a boy in it.
A. there B. where C. it D. which
33. He is not __________ a fool __________.
A. such, as he is looked B. such, as he looks
C. as, as he is looked
D. so, as he looks
34. Is that the reason __________ you are in favour of th e proposal?
A. which B. what C. why D. for that
35. He must be from Africa, __________ can be seen fro m his skin.
A. that B. as C. who D. what
36. He has two sons, __________ work as chemists.
A. two of whom B. both of whom
C. both of which D. all of whom
37. I, __________ your good friend, will try my best to h elp you out.
A. who is B. who am C. that is D. what is
38. He is a man of great experience, __________ much c an be learned.
A. who B. that C. from which D. from whom
39. ---- Do you know the town at all? ---- No, this is the first time I __________ here.
A. was B. have been C. came D. am coming 40. I don’t like __________ you speak to her.
A. the way B. the way in that C. the way which D. the way of which
41. The two things __________ they felt very proud are J im’s gold watch and Della’s hair.
A. about which B. of which C. in which D. for which
42. The dinner was the most expensive meal we _______ ___.
A. would have B. have had C. had never had D. had ever had
43. Do you know which hotel __________?
A. she is staying B. she is staying in C. is she staying D. is she staying in
44. There is only one thing __________ I can do.
A. what B. that C. all D. which
45. Who can think of a situation __________ this idiom can be used?
A. which B. that C. where D. in that
46. I have many books, some of __________ are on che mistry.
A. them B. that C. which D. those
47. They were interested __________ you told them.
A. in which B. in that C. all that D. in everything
48. The astronaut did many experiments in the spaceship,
__________ much help for knowing space.
A. which we think it is B. which we think are of
C. of which we think is D. I think which is of
49. The great day we looked forward to __________ at la st.
A. come B. came C. coming D. comes
50. I like the second football match __________ was hel d last week.
A. which B. who C. that
参考答案： 1—5 DAD 16—20 CDDBC ADAD 31—35 CABCB DBBC 46—50 CDBBC 文 章 来源 莲山 课件 w w 36—40 BBDBA 41—45 B 21—25 ACBDC 26—30 A AADBA 6—10 ABCCA 11—15 AA
copyright ©right 2010-2020。