在复合句中,由从句表示的状语称作状语从句， 它可以修饰谓语（包括非谓语动词）、定语或状语， 或是整个句子。
1.九种常见的 状语从句及其常用的连接词 1)时间状语从句:when, while ,as,whenever; before, after ;si
nce as soon as, the moment/minute/instant, immediately, instantly, hardly/scarcely…when, no sooner…than... ;till/until,not…until; the first time;every/each time ;by the time (2)地点状语从句:where/wherever (3)原因状语从句:because, as, for,since/now that (4)条件状语从句: if,unless;once;provided/providing/ in case on condition that ;suppose/supposing (5)结果状语从句:so/such ...that, so that (6)目的状语从句:so that, for fear that , in order that (7)让步状语从句:although/while, though, as; no matter what /when/ where/who, wherever, whatever, whoever, however even if/though (8)方式状语从句:as, as if(though) (9)比较状语从句:than, as..as.../ not so/as…as
重难点突破：一、时间状语从句 when, while, as 的区别及独特用法 while 表时间，从句需用延续性动词，“在...期间” when 表时间，从句既可用延续性动词，又可以用瞬间动词； as 表时间，强调主从句动作同时发生（“一边一边”“随着”) when ①在… 的时候 (whenever = each/ every time )
sb be doing …when sb be about to do/on the point of doing …when sb had just done …when
Why do you want to find another job when you have such a good one? It was foolish of you to take a taxi when you could walk there in five minutes. How can I help them to understand when they won't listen to me?
在…的时候，趁着 Strike while the iron is hot.趁热打铁 Learn more while you are young.
2.然而，却 （ 句中，表示对比） My mother was cooking while I was doing my homework . 3. （句首）although While the Internet is of great help , I don’t think it is a good idea to spend too much time on it . While I admit his good points, I can see his shortcomings.
4. 只要=as /so long as. While I am here,I won’t let anyone harm you.
1. 时间 (正当）…的时候 ； 随着/一边…一边 1).As time passes , we are getting wiser. =With time passing 2). He sings as he is taking a bath . 2. As it is snowing, we shall not go to the park. 因为 3. 1).Unlikely as it might seem , I tried too. 尽管 2). Try as he might , he couldn’t open the door. 3)Child as he is , he knows a lot . 4. We’d better leave things as they are 按照 Do as Romans do. 5. As you can see, there is no point arguing with him .正如 6. I can’t run as fast as I used to be . 和…一样 7.As a boy, he showed his musical talent.=when he was a boy
Prep . 作为---act as /work as / be known as
before (/after 可作介词也可以做连词引导时间状语从句)
①在.. 以前;趁... I’ll do it before I forget. ②不等着...就 He rushed out before I could stop him. ③…之后才 It will be/ won’t be / was +时段+ before… 要过一年我们才能见面 It will be one year before we meet again. It was some time before we realized the truth The fire lasted 3 hours before the fire fighters put it out. ④不知不觉 before sb realize/ know it Time is up before we know it. ⑤与其（宁愿） He would shoot himself before he apologized to me.
since ①自从=ever since/since then ,sb have done
I have worked here since 1987. 自从 1987 年我一直在这儿工作 延续动词： 动作结束since I lived here
瞬时动词： 动作开始 since I came here
It is / has been+时段+ since... 自从...至今多长时间了
他说自从他离开家乡已经有6年了 He said it was six years since he had left his hometown. 1）It is years/ages since I enjoyed myself. 2）-- It is five years since I lived in Shanghai . -- Where do you live？
易混辨析 since they got a good drink. It is 5 years _____ It will be 5 years ______ before they get married. since he was in the company. It is years ____ sincehe had had a good drink He said it was years ____ whenhe came back. It was midnight ____ It was at ten o’clockthat ____ he returned home. 走进高考 before 1.—How long do you think it will be___ China sends a manned spaceship to the moon? —Perhaps two or three years. A. when B. until C. that D. before 2. It is almost five yearsbefore ____ we saw each other last time. A. before B. since C. after D. when 3. — Did Jack come back early last night? — Yes. It was not yet eight o’ clock__ he arrived home. before A. before B. when C. that D. until
not until ②否定句中 “ 直到…才”
我一直等到他回来 I waited until he came back. 直到现在，我才认识到英语的重要性 I didn’t realize the importance of English until now. Not until now have I realized the importance of English It was not until now that I realized the importance of English.
Consolidation (巩固练习） 1.He ___until he was thirty. A didn’t marry B left his hometown C stayed in his hometown 2.The students ___ until the teacher stepped in. A .have been sitting B. had stood up C. sat D. stood up 3.Not until 10 o’clock ___ it was too late to catch the last bus.
A .had we realized
C. realized we
B .did we realize
D. did we realized
1. I’ll tell him the news as soon as I see him. 他一来到教室就开始学习英语。 2. The moment I heard the voice,I knew father was coming. I’ll tell him the minute I he comes. =the instant 3.The boy burst into tears immediately he saw his mother. = directly / instantly 4. No sooner had we arrived at the station than the train left = hardly / scarcely …when The students had hardly finished the test when the bell rang Hardly/Scarcely had they sat down when it began to rain. 5. On arriving at the station，the thief was caught = On his arrival...
1.The first / second / next / last time + 从句 “当某人第几次干某事时” 2. Each / every / any time +从句 I’ll lend you my car any time you need it. He greeted with “Hello!” each/every time he saw me. 3. By the time + 从句 “到...的时候” ①he was 14, he had built his own lab. ②he is 14, he will have built… 到14岁的时候，莫扎特已经谱写多首乐曲了。 By the time he was 14, Mozart had composed many pieces of music. 4. This is the first time that I have visited Beijing. That was the second time that I had come here
Translate： 1. I was deeply impressed by him the first time
I met him.
= when sb did sth for the first time
2.我最后一次见到那些孩子们时，他们正在河边 The last time I saw the children, they were 玩耍。 playing by the river. 3. Last time I was in Paris, he often came to see me. 4. 下次你去上海时，带我一起去。 Take me next time you go to Shanghai.
1.I will give the book to him ___I see him .
A.The moment B. immediately
C. at the moment 2.This was the first time he _____ a speech at the meeting .
C. has made
D. had made
3.--____I saw the book ,I showed great interest in it . A. first time B. For the time
C. The first time D. At the first time
Because: 语气最强，表直接原因， 在回答why问句和强调结构中，只用because，它可和 强调词only,merely , just 及否定词not连用。所引导的从 句常位于主句之后，只有强调句时才置于主句之前。 Since (now that) 语气较弱 Since this method doesn’t work ,let’s try another .
As 语气最弱 As he was in a hurry , he left his ..
For:并列连词，多用来表示推断性的原因，放在主句之后 也可用做介词。 Because of + 名词./名词性短语 /what 从句
1) It was ____he was ill that he didn’t come A for B as C because D since 2)There must be someone room,_____the light is on A because B as C for D because of in the
3)It was only ____the car was too small __he sold it . A for ,so B when, that
4）I’m late. That’s ___I missed the first bus. A as B for C since D because
C because ,that
D as that
5) Because__the teacher had said, he changed his mind. A of that B of what C that D what
6)He was praised ____what he had done。 A as B for C since D because 7) It ___last night, ___the street is wet now A must rain, for B must have rained, for C must rain, because D must have rained , because 8)__he was ill,__we had to go without him.
A Because, so B As, \ C For, \ D Since, so
1. Although / Though /while the police thought he was the most likely one，since they had no exact proof about it， they could not arrest him. Although/though 与but 不连用 2. Tim is in good shape physically even though he doesn't get much exercise.
注意as if / though 是好像的意思
1. It looks as if/ though it is going to rain . 2.He speaks English fluently as if he were a foreigner.
4. However hungry I am , I never seem to be able to finish off this loaf of bread . 5. The lawyer seldom wears anything other than a suit whatever the season . 6. Whoever / No matter who breaks the law, he will be punished. 7. Whether he will come here or not, we will hold the meeting.无论...还是...
6) ….ever 既可引导名词性从句,也可引导状语从句
Whoever breaks the law will be punished. (Anybody who) Whoever leaves last should turn off the lights.(主语 从句)
No matter who(Whoever) you are, you should obey the law.（状语从句）
Whatever (No matter what) happens, you shouldn’t change your mind.
1. ________ leaves the room last ought to turn off the lights. A. Anyone B. The person C. Whoever D. No matter who
2. You can leave the note _____ you meet in my office.
A. no matter who B. to who C. whoever D. with whomever
3. I shall give the ticket to ____ asks for it first.
A. whomever B. anyone C. whoever D. no matter who 4. You may give it to _____ you like. A. whoever B. anyone which C. whomever D. no matter who 5. _____ comes, he may come in.
A. Whoever B. Who C. No matter who D. Both A and C
条件状语从句比较特殊的关系词： as long as on condition that suppose / supposing , provided / providing that / given / now (that ) 目的状语从句的特殊连词 Take your umbrella in case / for fear / lest that it (should )rain 走进高考： John may phone tonight. I don’t want to go out ___________ in case he phones. I always take something to read when I go to the doctor’s in case __________ I have to wait.
such 与 so
1. The weather was so cold that I didn’t like to leave my room. = It was such cold weather that I didn’t … 2. My English teacher’s humor was such as to make every student burst into laughter . = My Enlish teacher was so humorous as to make every student … = …………………that he made every student.. 3.So suddenly ___ attack that the enemy had no time to escape . A. did they B. was they C they did D they was
1、The house could fall down soon if no one______ C some quick repair work.
A has done B is doing C does D had done 2、It is almost five years _______ B we saw each other last time. A. before B. since C. after D. when
在条件，时间，用一般现在时表示一般将 来时，用现在完成时表将来完成时，用一般过去时表过去将 来时。在 since 引导的时间状语从句中，动词一般都用一般 过去时，而主句常用现在完成时。
状语从句的省略问题 If ， once , when , while , unless , though , + doing / done / adj 1. Once ______ seen (see), it can never be forgotten . it is seen ，it can never be forgotten ． Once __________ 2 When _______ why he was absent , he made no answer . A asking B being asked C asked D he asked
3 I won’t go unless ______
A. asking B. being asked C. asked D. he asked
4. ______ the street , she was knocked down by a car . A To cross B. When to crossed C. While crossing D. When crossed 5. When _______ , the books must be returned to the library . A read B. to read C. reading D. to be read 6. Though _______ thoroughly , the airplane might still have trouble during the flight . A. tested B. being tested C. was tested D. had been tested 7.If ______, water will change into vapor. A. heated B. being heated If necessary , if possible , if true , if any, if ever
1、Though he is in his sixties, ______ A he works as hard as a young man
A. yet B. but C. and D. and yet 2、 Excuse me for breaking in, _________ I have some news C for you. (NMET02) A. so B. and C. but D. yet
题1是主从复合句，所以中间不能使用并列连词 and; or; but; so 等。yet 是副词，只有 yet 可以与 though 连用。题2为 并列句，而“Excuse …, but …”为一固定搭配。在复习中需 要 细心的分析句子结构和成分。
5.There were some chairs left over____everyone had sat down. a.when b. until c. that d. where 6.In some places women are expected to earn money ____men work at home and raise their children. a .but b. while c. because d. though 7.We’ll have a picnic in the park this Sunday___it rains or it’s very cold. a.since b. if c. unless d. until 8.—Are you ready for Spain? --Yes.I want the girls to experience that ___they are young. a.while b.until c.if d.before
1.I’m sorry you’ve been waiting so long,but it’ll still be some time___Brian get back. a.before b. since c.till d. after 2. I used to love that film ___I was a child ,but I don’t feel it that way any more. a.once b. when c. since d. although 3.Nancy enjoyed herself so much ___she visited her friends in Sydney last year. a.that b. which c. when d. where 4.____the Internet is of great help ,I don’t think it’s a good idea to spend too much time on it. a.If b.While c.Because d. As
9. Why do you want a new job ___ you have got such a good one already ? A. that B. where C .which D. when 10._____ you have got a chance , you might as well make full use of it . A .Now that B. After C. Although D. As soon as 11 .He made a mistake , but he corrected the situation ____ it got worse . A .until B. when C. before D. as 12. ____ I saw her , I remember having met her somewhere before . A The moment B At a moment C。 In no minute D。 For the moment
2015· 北京】He is a shy man,___he is not afraid of anything or anyone. A.so B. but C.or D. as 2015· 北京】_____the damage is done, it will take many years for the farmland to recover. A. Until B. Unless C. Once D. Although 2015· 重庆】 If you miss this chance, it may be years ____ you get another one. as B. before C. since D. after 2015· 浙江】a single word can change the meaning of a sentence, a single sentence can change the meaning of a paragraph. A. Just as B. Even though C. Until D. Unless 15· 天津We need to get to the root of the problem______ we can solve it. A. while B. after C. before D. as 2015· 四川】There is only one more day to go_______ your favorite music group play live. A. since B. until C. when D. before
安徽】______ he once felt like giving up, he now has the determination to push further and keep on going. A. Where B. As C. In case D. Now that 安徽】______ scientists have learned a lot about the universe, there is much we still don't know. A. Once B. Since C. Though D. Unless 湖南】________ the job takes a significant amount of time, most students agree that the experience is worth it. A. If only B. After C．Although D．In case I believe you will have a wonderful time here____ you get to know everyone else. A. though B. as if C. once D. so that ____the students came from different countries, they got along quite well in the summer camp. A. While B. Unless C. Since D. Until 2015· 江苏】26.It is so cold that you can’t go outside _____ fully covered in thick clothes. A. if B. unless C. once D. when
1.I thought the biscuits were really well. My only mistake was that I dropped some on the floor after I was packing them up.（2处） 1.well改成good 2.after改成when/while 2. In fact ,I don’t like to go anymore, so I’m afraid I’ll lose their friendship. （1处) so--but 3. If I was only a child when I studied in that classroom, I will never forget it. (1处） If-Although/Though 4. And it is wise to have as many good friends that we can （1处）
that 改为as定语从句，先行词是good friends，因为前面有as many 修饰，关系代词使用as，指代先行词，并在句中作为have的宾语。
6.If you notice that when someone is missing and hurt, tell your teacher immediately. (2处）
7.Although we allow tomato plants to grow in the same place year after year, but we have never had any disease or insect attack problem. （1处）
copyright ©right 2010-2020。