Module3 Reading ----Roy’s story
1. Get the main idea of the story and do some exercises. 2. Improve the ability to read, speak and retell. 3. Learn the true meaning o
f friendship and have a discussion.
Step 1 Lead-in
1. Show the students some pictures and say something about friendship. 2. Some proverbs: **A friend is easier lost than found. **A friend in need is a friend indeed. **A friend without faults will never be found. **Life without a friend is death. **Old friends and old wines are best.
Step 2 Pre-reading
Give your prediction according to the picture . ___________________________________________________________
Step 3 While-reading
Look through the story quickly to check your prediction and give the main idea of the passage in your own words.
Read the passage again and divide it into 4 parts. Part 1 (____ -- ____) _______________________________________________. Part 2 (____ -- ____) _______________________________________________. Part 3 (____ -- ____) _______________________________________________. Part 4 (____--_____) _______________________________________________.
Read the passage carefully and finish the following exercises:
Answer the following questions: 1) Why did Daniel’s family move to London?
2) What kind of relationship did Roy and Daniel have?
3) What was Roy like before his father died?
4) How did Roy change after his father died ?
5) Why did the writer decide to ask Roy about the theft ?
**Task Two True or False:
1 Daniel could see that people liked Roy . ( )
2 After Roy’s father was killed , Roy’s family moved because they didn’t want to stay in the same house.( ) 3 Daniel thought that the person stealing from students was Roy.( ) 4 The ? was raised for someone in need.( ) 500 5 The money in Roy’s pocket had been stolen.( )
**Task Three 1 Which sentence in the text can be replaced by the following one ? Roy loved his father deeply and acted energetically ,but now he was no longer what he used to be .
2 Put the following sentences into Chinese .
1). The head teacher asked anyone who thought they might
know something about the theft to come to him .
2. I was so surprised that I just stood there, holding the notes in my hands.
Step 4 Post-reading
1 Use your imagination and give an end to the story. What will happen next? 2 Have a discussion: **Do you think it is good to cover your friend’s shortcomings? **What kind of people should you make friends with? **How can you help your friend if he or she makes a mistake?
Step 5 Homework
假如你是 Daniel，在发现是 Roy 拿着走了义卖慈善款后，给他 写了一封信。在信中，你回顾了你们过去的友谊，并且给他提出 了建议。 （字数：120 左右）
copyright ©right 2010-2020。