I like to take the public bus the most as it is cost-efficient. It is the cheapest transport method available other than walking and it goes to almost everywhere in the town. I
also like to watch the short stories that happen daily on the bus such as a drunk man trying to pull someone else out of their seat, or a mother dragging a crying son onto the bus. These can truly reflect human's thoughts and behaviours unrestricted.
1. My Plan for the Spring Festival Spring Festival is the most important festival for Chinese people. Many people will prepare many things for the Spring Festival. Now this is my plan for the Spring Festival. First, I will visit my friends and my relatives. Second, I will make a big snow man with my daughter / son and my wife / husband / friend. Third, I will stay with my parents, because I have no more time to stay with them when I am at work. This is my plan for the spring festival. I hope all of you have a good time in the Spring Festival. My plan for the Spring Festival(春节打算) The Spring Festival is coming near. For me, it is the most important time in a year. During this period, people will have a lot of activities. I should plan carefully for the Festival. First, I am going to give my house a through cleaning, buy some flowers and plants to make my house look beautiful. Then, I should go to the supermarket to do some shopping. I should buy a lot of food and new clothes for my family. I am going to invite my parents and all my friends to the restaurant and have a good meal. I am not going to do it myself, for I am not good at cooking. I will also go to see my friends and most of all I wan to see my teachers. So I should prepare the gifts. The Spring Festival is busy, but also happy. I am looking forward to it.
2. Why I like learning English Why I like learning English? First, English is very useful. English is the most widely used language in the world. If we make a visit to foreign countries or do business with foreigners, we need communicate with them in English. Second, with China becoming stronger and stronger, we have more chances to go abroad. We can know the English-speaking countries much deeper if we know English. Both China and English-speaking countries have realized the importance of the culture exchanging. Above all, English is useful and important, we must learn it well.
About English Study 1
To learn a foreign language is very useful in this advanced society. English has become a language so popular that so great numbers of people all over the world are learning it as a second language. I am also trying my best to learn it well. Every morning, I get up early, sit at the desk, take out the New Concept English and read some funny stories. I do this as my routine work. I have persisted in doing this for half a year and I find it very helpful. Now I have learned many English words, some grammar, and can write some simple passages. But I still can’t speak except some very simple sentence such as “Good morning”,” hello”, etc. I should practice my oral English. I wish one day I can speak English very fluently.
3.My Dream1 1) I have a dream from the first time I sit in a car—I want to drive. Driving is the most meaningful way to meet human being’s desire of “faster”. What’s more, driving a car can take me to any place I want whether it rains, snows, blows or not. A smooth ride in a good car is enjoyable. With rows of trees moving backward rapidly, music playing, breeze blowing, my soul flies in the air. I love this feeling very much.
My Dream2 My dream is to be an English teacher one day. Firstly, I like children very much. I would like to sing, to dance, and to play with them. Secondly, a teacher has two vacations each year. I can enjoy myself during the summer and winter holidays. Finally, I want to teach the students all I know and help them to explore their potential so that they can work better for our country in the future. In order to be a good teacher, I will train my patience, improve my handwriting, and enrich my knowledge. In a word, I will study harder than ever to prepare for my future teaching job.
4. About Self-study As adult students in Chongqing TV University, self-study becomes very important. As for me, there are several pieces of tips of self-study. First, I always make a study plan in the beginning of a new semester. Second, preview every unit before the lesson. Third, try to finish the homework after class. Fourth, go over what I have learnt in class regularly at home. Without review, you will absolutely forget what you’ve learnt as quickly as possible. So reviewing is helpful in understanding and memorizing what you’ve learnt.
5. The Job I Like I like to be a teacher. Three reasons have led me to choose this occupation. First, teaching is learning. To make my lectures more vivid and stimulating, I have to read more books, explore new knowledge and gain a better understanding of the world, which is the very thing I enjoy in my life. Second, teaching means freedom and independence. As a teacher, I’m free to use my own ideas and make my own decisions. Finally, I like teaching because it offers certain peace of mind. All in all, the reasons above make me like teaching best.
6. My Favorite TV program The News Report has always been my favorite TV program. The News Report contains a large amount of information ranging from the international political situation to the latest football game. And the most important character is its fast pace. Because of this fast pace, news programs can contain much information in a short time. In my opinion, the News Report is more than a TV program. It is a way of communication. From this program, people can know what is happening in the world now. I especially appreciate this while watching the news.
7. My Family There are seven people in my family. They're my grandfather, grandmother, father, mother, my two younger brothers and I. My father is a businessman. He's busy working every day. My mother is a housewife. She cooks meals, washes clothes, and teaches us lessons every day. One of my younger brothers is a junior high school student, and we go to the same school. My grandparents help my parents look after the youngest brother every day. We go to the movies every Sunday. How's your family? 2
My family I have a big family. There are altogether six people in my family. They are my father, my mother, my grandpa, my grandma, my brother and I. My father is a doctor. He works in the No.1 People’s Hospital. My mother is a teacher. She teaches English in a middle school. My grand parents are both retired from work. They are now staying at home, doing some housework for us. My brother is only six years old. He is naughty. I am a middle school student. Next year I am going to take the entrance examination. I hope I can receive a good mark. This is my family, big, lovely and happy. 8. About Television Television has its good sides as well as bad ones. It makes us informed of daily news, lets us know the outside world, provides lessons for learners, and it has brought joy and interest into people’s lives. Unfortunately, some television programs have been extremely harmful to the young. Violent movies are shown on TV programs. Children regard the murders as heroes or models, so they imitate. Therefore there happened many murders or shooting cases in American campuses. What a big harm! So young people should learn to get ride of the bad influences of TV and learn to make use of the advantages that TV brings us.
9. My Classmates Liu Kai is my classmate. He is a good student and always ready to help others. One day on his way to school, he saw a little girl crossing the road when a car nearly hit her. Just then Liu Kai rushed up to her and caught her by the arm. The little girl was saved. She told him where she lived, and he took her home. When Liu Kai hurried into the classroom, the teacher had already begun lesson. He told the teacher why he was late. He was then praised for what he had done.
10. My Favorite Book
11) The Book I Like Best
My favorite book is “Dream of The Red Chamber”. The book tries to tell us that there are different kinds of love, only one kind which should be considered as True Love. In our life, we should marry the true love instead of wealth and good looking. From this book, we also get to know a part of the noble people’s life in Qing Dynasty and find some life philosophies from it. So this book is very instructive to people. We should learn more from this book as well as other books.
12. My Favorite Food I like different kinds of foods, among them, egg is my favorite. Egg contains a lot of essential nutrients needed by the human body. Eggs are oval shaped spheres with a light brown color. Egg is the basic ingredient to many dishes, like omelet and French toast. You can easily get eggs at any supermarket, and they are sold for a very cheap price too. Besides the cheap price, egg contains lots of nutrients and is a very good source of energy. In conclusion, egg is my favorite food.
13. My Hometown My hometown is …, which is not far from Chongqing. It is a modern city. There are lots of high buildings there. Most of us live in flats because we can be close to our friends. My hometown is a beautiful city. On either side of the roads, there are some big trees and nice flowers. The roads are also very clean, which makes people happy and comfortable. The weather here is very nice. I like autumn best, for it’s neither hot nor cold but very cool. I love my hometown. Welcome to my hometown.
14. My English Study English is always my favorite subject and I am good at English. I would like to share 4 good studying habits with you. First, remember 20 new words, and never give up. Second, go over grammar points I have learnt in English class regularly. Third, read an English article in China Daily every day. Fourth, write an English composition every week and ask teacher to revise that for me to improve the writing level. If you do things above, I am sure your English will also be improved.
15. My Best Friend Linda is my best friend. She is 15 years old pretty girl with a round face and two big black eyes. She always has a smile on her face. Every morning, we go to school together. She studies quite well and she's one of the top students in our class. When I have difficulty in English, I always ask her for help. We are both interested in music. At weekends, we join the same hobby group and play the violin together. We like each other and enjoy staying together.
16. How to Overcome Difficulties in My English Studies I have made a lot of improvements in English. The following is my way to overcome the difficulties. Every day, I do half an hour’s morning reading to try to pronounce every word out. And I will then spend half an hour listening to English radios like BBC to correct my pronunciation. Because I have trouble in English grammar, I attend a full-time English class to study grammar. The teacher recommends me to buy a grammar book—《Advanced English Grammar》. It helps me with my English study a lot. These above are what I have done to overcome my difficulties.
17. My Study Plan A new semester is coming. In order to study English well, I make a study plan. First, try to remember 20 words from the course book every day. Second, go over grammar points I have learnt in English class regularly. Third, form a habit of reading an English article in China Daily every day. Fourth, write an English composition every week and ask teacher to revise that for me to improve the writing level. Fifth, listen to English radio as often as possible to improve my listening.
18. The Chinese New Year “New Year” is a time for good cheer. In China, men and women, boys and girls, all look forward to a happy year. It is time for rest and refreshment. Business is suspended for a time. Young fellows lay aside their school work and give themselves up to merriment and joy. Each family has its members together for reunion. Friends call on one another. Public places are filled with all kinds of cheerful people. Children with lucky money in their new clothes have a delightful time playing games. The Chinese New Year lasts about a fortnight. It gives sufficient recreation to people.
19. The Computer Nowadays, computers are becoming more and more popular. Computers can help different people in different ways. They can help children with lessons and homework, help students and scholars do calculations, analyze data and present the latest achievements. Furthermore, they can assist engineers and experts in the design of a mold, a bridge or a spaceship. Besides, computers can offer fun and entertainment to us with the internet games, movies, and etc. Indeed, computers have become a good companion of man.
20. How to Keep Healthy 1 Nowadays more and more people are concerned about their health, but how to keep healthy? First, it is necessary to take some exercise every day. Research shows that getting plenty of exercise makes the heart beat faster and the lungs work harder. Second, eat more fruits, vegetables and less meat. Third, getting rid of bad habits like smoking and drinking is also an important way to keep healthy. Smoking and alcohol drinking injure one's health a great deal, and therefore should be given up.
How to Keep Healthy 2 It is obvious that we should keep fit. On one hand, good health enables you to work more attentively and enjoy your life. On the other hand, poor health will deprive you of the right to have a good time and you may lose many chances to enjoy yourself. There are many remarkable ways to keep your health. First of all, we should exercise everyday. We can get up a little earlier in the morning to have a jog in the garden. We can also have a walk after supper. They are very helpful to our health. What’s more, we 4
have to give up bad habits that are harmful to our health, such as smoking. Thirdly, we have to go on a diet sometimes or to have meals more regularly. Personally, I think health is of great importance to us. So we will develop good habits to keep ourselves healthy.
21. My Plan for the National Day Holiday National Holiday is coming. There are altogether 7 days, so I need to plan it in advance. Firstly, I plan to have a good rest for the first 2 days when I can have a good sleep and don’t worry to get up late, and then do a good cleaning of the home. Secondly, I would go to Zhouzhuang, a traditional southern town with my husband for a 2 days’ trip. I hope I like it. Thirdly, I would to Chengdu by train to attend my classmate’s wedding. These above are my plans for the National Holiday.
22. Advantages and Disadvantages of the Mobile Phone Like everything else, mobile phones have both favorable and unfavorable aspects. First, it's useful. As a wireless mobile telephone, it's easy and handy to call wherever one goes and call the one however far away he is. Second, it's convenient. Whenever one meets trouble or something urgent, one can make a call immediately. However, the mobile phone also has many disadvantages. First, it's expensive to buy and costly to pay the bills. Second, it's also easy to lose and costly to get it repaired. Third, it's alleged the microwaves in it might do harm to people's health. I believe its advantages will far outweigh disadvantages soon.
23. Living in a Big Family I live in a big family with 4 generations together. There are 5 people in my family. We share a 3-bedroom flat with each other. My grandparents have got retired and enjoy the love from the grandchild-me. My parents both work in a bank. I study in Chongqing University and like the college life very much. Every weekday, we are busy with our own business. But on weekends, our whole family will gather together with Mum cooking delicious food. I love my family and enjoy living in a big family.
24. About Friendship Friendship is a kind of human relations. It is a human instinct to make friends. When in trouble, we need friends to offer us help, support and encouragement. With success achieved, we also need friends to share our joys. Friendship is one of the greatest pleasures that we can enjoy. It implies loyalty, cordiality, sympathy, affection, and readiness to help. In short, when we have established friendship, we ought to cherish and treasure it. Only thus, can we develop real friendship and keep the sacred lamp of friendship burning all our life.
25. A Day to Remember It was Sunday. Our teacher Mr. Zhu led us to a park nearby. Usually we go to the park to spend our holiday. But today we went there to take part in voluntary labor. We got there at nine o’clock. Mr. Zhu divided us into three groups and then we started working. Group One was responsible to plant trees and water flowers. Group Two were busy collecting litter left by the tourists. I was in Group Three. We went to the children’s playground and cleaned all the equipment there. We worked very hard. At about eleven we finished work. We all were tired but very happy. I will never forget the day in my memory.
26. My Teacher My English teacher is Miss Huang. She is a beautiful lady. There is always a smile on her face. Miss Huang likes singing. She is good at playing the piano. In the evening, she always sits in front of the piano and plays nice music. She is a good dancer, too. Sometimes she teaches us dancing. Miss Huang likes dogs very much because the dog is very friendly and cute. Her favorite color is blue, because blue is the color of the sky and the sea. She is my favorite teacher. Our classmates all like her very much. 5
27. My Hobbies I have many hobbies, such as sports, singing, playing the violin and keeping a diary. I like sports very much. I go running at six o'clock in the morning. After classes in the afternoon, I play table-tennis with my friends. These sports have kept me healthy. At home, I like to sing and play the violin. I practice singing and playing the violin every day. Busy as I am, I am quite happy. Of all my hobbies I like reading books most. In my bedroom there are nearly six hundred books. There are story books, textbooks, magazines, and others. All these books have enriched my knowledge. 28. 你的一位外国朋友给你来信，打算到中国旅游。你给他回信，提出旅游建议。你的回信应包括下列内容： 1.接到 朋友的来信； 2.你对旅游的安排计划及理由； 3.表达你希望见到朋友的心愿。 Dear Sam: I have just received your letter and know that you are going to come to China to see me. I am really excited about it. You know I miss you so much. In your letter, you told me about your travel plan. I advise you to go to Beijing and Xi’an. There are many royal buildings in Beijing like Palace Museum, Summer Palace. Xi’an is typical of old China. There are lots of historical buildings there, especially those of Qin Dynasty. I hope you enjoy your stay in China. I am looking forward to your coming. Yours ever John 29. My Travel Plan 选择一个你想旅游的地点，并安排旅行计划。你应包括下列内容： 1.说明你想旅游的地点； 2.说明你为什么选择这个 地点； 3.描述你的旅行计划。 Dear Amy, I plan to make a journey to Jiuzhaigou in Sichuan province. It’s a beautiful place with fresh air, beautiful natural scenery like waterfall, lake and high mountains. Because many films and TV series have been made there, it is very famous. What’s more, I am very busy and exhausted this year, so I want to go for a relaxation. I plan to stay there for a week and travel with a tour group. I believe I will enjoy myself there. Regards Yours ever Tim 30. 你的朋友邀请你参加他/她的生日聚会，告诉对方你不能接受他/她的邀请。你应包括下列内容： 1.告诉对方你不能 接受他/她的邀请； 2.对对方的邀请表示感谢； 3.说明无法接受邀请的原因。 Dear Lisa: Congratulations on your coming birthday. Thanks for your invitation, but I am sorry that I am afraid I am not able to attend your birthday party. You know, our company will hold an important meeting in our Paris branch to talk about the recent trouble appearing in business. I am the one who needs to make a presentation. I am terribly sorry for that. Anyway, I hope everything goes well in your birthday party. Remember to show me the pictures taken in the party when I come back from business trip. Best regards! Yours ever Susan 31. 假如你是李明，遗失了一本书。你应包括下列内容： 1.书在哪里遗失的； 2.这本书对你很重要； 3.拾到者应该如 何和你联系。 Dear All: I lost a book at 5 pm on December 29th in room 210 of Wenxin Building. The title of the book is 《Advanced English Grammar》 . This book is very important and helpful to me, for I am bad at grammar. The final examination is getting nearer and nearer and I am worried about my English exam very much. Anyone who finds the book please contact Li Ming on 13774336899. I will be very 6
grateful to you and your kindness. I am looking forward to your calls. Li Ming 32. 你应邀到一位好友家吃晚饭。事后给朋友写信表示谢意。你的信应包括下列内容： 1.表达谢意； 2.表达想回请的 意愿； 3.期待朋友的光临。 Dear Amy: Thanks for your invitation to your home last night. I enjoy the food very much. I will hold a small party to celebrate my birthday on November 12th, and I will invite a lot of friends to have dinner at my home, would you like to join us? Oh, there will also be a band to perform live music. I think it will be exciting to dance with the live music. Please be sure to come. I am looking forward to your coming. Yours Cynthia 33. 1. 了解对方毕业后的情况.2. 你的近况. 3. 邀请对方方便时来访。 Dear Robert: Haven’t seen you for a long time since we graduated. I’m told that you are in Beijing now. years? Do you keep in touch with other classmates? I have been working in CQTVU since my graduation and now I’m engaged in the distance education, which is quite new to me, but I enjoy it very much because it involves a lot of multimedia in my teaching. I’m greatly moved by my students who are adults and study very hard in their spare time. I miss you very much. I would be very pleased if you pay a visit to Chongqing and I believe that we’ll certainly have a good time then. Looking forward to hearing from you. Best regards Jean 34. 1. 告诉对方你最近将出去旅游. Dear Robert: How is everything going with you these days? I’d like to let you know that I’m going to Hainan to have a holiday next Saturday and stay there for about ten days. Hainan is the place that I’ve been wanting to visit most. Since it is your hometown, could you give me a very brief introduction about where to stay, where to eat and what to see? I’m told that Sanya is really very beautiful and there are many different interesting activities that people can enjoy very much. Would you please book a hotel for me in the center of Sanya if it is convenient? Well, I feel very excited that we’ll see each other very soon. Looking forward to hearing from you. Much love! Jean 35. 1. 了解对方近来的情况 2. 通知对方同学将在元旦举行聚会 3. 请对方参加 Dear Robert: Haven’t got your email for a long time. Are you still working for that IT company? How about your work? I’m writing to you to tell you that the English Department of Chongqing University takes pleasure in inviting the graduates to its New Year’s Evening, which will be held at the Assembly Hall on Saturday evening, December 31st, 2005. The party begins at 7 p.m. I think it’s a good chance for us to get together, would you please email me whether you will go to the party? Looking forward to hearing from you. Best wishes Jean 36. 1. 了解对方最近的学习情况 2. 你的学习情况 3. 请对方说说提高英语水平的经验 7 2. 了解对方所在地的旅游点 3. 请对方给予帮忙安排 What have you been doing these
Dear Robert: Very pleased to get your email and know that you are now studying in Qinghua University, which is well known in the world. How about your study and life there? Since I am now working in an American company and my English is poor, you know, I have to use English every day, I began studying English in CQTVU this summer. But it’s really very hard for adults to work in the day and study in the evening and on weekends. And the most difficult for me is how to memorize all these English words. I know that you are good at English. Would you tell me your own experience in English study and give me some good tips? Well, take care of yourself! Looking forward to hearing from you. Best wishes Jean 37. 1. 你的近况 2. 请对方帮你购买英语语法书 3. 邀请对方方便时来访 Dear Robert: Haven’t got your email for some time and how about you? I am worried about my English study very much since the final examination is getting nearer and nearer. I’ve got some problems in my study, especially in grammar. Sometimes, I’m quite confused with different tenses. So my teacher recommended me a grammar book, 《Advanced English Grammar》 which can be bought in Beijing. Could I trouble you to buy one , for me? We haven’t seen each other since we parted. I hope you will take a vocation to Shanghai great we will be together! Looking forward to hearing from you. Good luck! Jean 38. 1．告诉对方你将参加英语四级考试 Dear Robert: I’d like to tell you that your tips for study are really very helpful to me and now I have confidence in myself and take every chance to communicate with others in English. With my great efforts I have now made rapid progress in my English study. So I’m going to take CET-4 next term. I know that you passed it last year. Would you tell me how I can get prepared for it and what should I pay attention to? I don’t want to fail it. It’s said that if you want to succeed in passing it, you should do a lot of tests. I think you must have much experience in it, could you recommend me some books for practice? Looking forward to hearing from you! Best wishes Jean my activities in spare time My spare time is full of interesting activities. I read all kinds of books in the reading-room whenever I have time. I learn a lot more in the library than in class in this way. Sports and games keep me healthy and strong enough to deal with all difficulties. Among all games， volleyball is my favourite. I often play volleyball with my classmates. Sometimes I go in for social practice with my classmates outside school. For example， we go to plant trees in spring. In this way， I gain a lot of social experience and leam to work for the good of the society. About Television Ads 8 2．询问对方如何做准备 3．请对方建议一些参考书。 and I have a lot to tell you. How
Today, a growing number of commercial advertisements jump into TV programs, which is a controversial issue. Television advertisements have positive aspects.First, they can provide viewers with valuable information about merchandise. Second, the wide spread of TV ads may also stimulate the economy. Finally, these commercials (广告) often finance the operation cost of television stations. However, television advertisements also have negative aspects. In the first place, these ads often interrupt interesting programs. Besides, some ads may be highly unreliable if they are motivated by profit. Wealth or health?
People often prefers wealth over health. ONce there were a story talking about the fact that money wasnt everything. The story was rejected by many readers because they think life is very realistic. Nowdays, young girls marry old men because of their money. They believe that with money, you can anything. Unfortuanetely, the truth was beyond. It is true that you can do many things when you are very rich. But you can never buy your health and your healthy relationship with others. currenly, a lot of rich people are on drugs that keep them look young and give them more energy. But i think that people would look young if they are more healthy. It is just a very natural thing. i was amazed by the fact that many people were stuggling with the choice between wealth and health. People would get richer if they life longer and they work harder. With a healthy body, you can do many things that just having a lot of money. so, the message that im delivering is wake up everyday, start making right
copyright ©right 2010-2020。