Revision of the Adverbial Clauses 状语从句
九 种 状 从
地点状语从句 原因状语从句 条件状语从句 让步状语从句 结果状语从句 目的状语从句 方式状语从句 比较状语从句
1. While I was walking along
the street, I found many beatiful buildings ( 时间 ) 2. Where there is a will, there is a way. ( 地点 ) 3. Now that/Since everybody is here, let’s begin our meeting. （ 原因 ） 4. I’ll speak slowly so that you can understand me. 目的 ( ) 5. So clever was he that he was able to work out all the 结果 difficult problems. ( )
? 6. As long as you don’t lose heart, 条件 you’ll succeed. ( ) ? 7. Try as he might, he could not find a job. ( 让步 ) ? 8. The old lady treats the boy as if he were his own son. ( 方式 ) ? 9.He is taller than I am.( 比较 )
九 时间状语从 种 when, while, as, before, after, since, 常 句 用 once ,by the time , till, until, not…until, the 的 first/second…/last time, as soon as, the moment, the 状 minute, the instant, immediately, directly, instantly, 语 hardly…when, scarcely…when, no sooner…than , 从 every time, each time 句 where, wherever 及 地点状语从句 其 because, since, as, for, now that(既 原因状语从句 常 然）, in that（因为） 用 条件状语从句 if, unless, as(so) long as, on condition 的 连 that, 要……)等。如： 接 词
九 种 常 用 的 状 语 从 句 及 其 常 用 的 连 接 词
although, though, as, even though/even if, while(虽然）, no matter +which/what/when/where/who/how, whichever, wherever, whatever, whoever, whenever, however, whether…or；
目的状语从句 方式状语从句 比较状语从句
so that, so…that, such…that so that, in order that, in case, as, as if/as though than, as…as, not so/as…as,
the +比较级…, the +比较级…
让步 ? 比较 ? 方式 ? 结果 ? 条件 ? 时间 ?
1. Child as she is, she knows a lot of things. 2. The more I can do for the class, the happier I’ll be. 3. He talks as if (as though) he knew all about it. 4. He is such a good teacher that the students love and respect him. 5.I shall go to the park unless it rains. 6. No sooner had I got home than it began to rain.
地点 ? 目的 ?
? 让步 ? 时间 ? 让步 ?
7. Where there is water, there is life. 8. He studied hard so that he could catch up with his classmates. 9. Since you are very busy, I won't trouble you. 10. Even if (though) I fail. I’ll never lose heart. 11. Once you begin the work, you must continue. 12. Although the sun was shining, it wasn’t very warm..
? 13. Now that you've come, you'd better have dinner with us. 结果 ? 14. He was so excited that he couldn't fall asleep. 方式 ? 15. We must do everything as he tells us. 比较 ? 16. India is much bigger than Japan is. 让步 ? 17. No matter when you come, you are warmly welcome. 条件 ? 18. As (So) long as you work hard, you can catch up with the other classmates.
? 1 状语从句连词的含义及用法比较； ? 2、no matter wh- 与 wh-ever 引导的从句 的区别； ? 3、状语从句的时态问题； ? 4、状语从句倒装及省略问题； ? 5、状语从句与其它从句区别。
? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?
重点连接词 1.If.如果. 2.unless .除非 3.If only. 只要 4.only if .只要（表示唯一的条件）. 5.in case. 万一. 6.on condition that .在......条件下. 7so/as long as .只要 8.provided/providing (that ).只要；假若.
1. (04北京春) We were swimming in the lake ______ suddenly the A storm started. A. when B. while C. until D. before 2. (02上海) He was about to tell me the secret ______ someone D patted him on the shoulder. A. as B. until C. while D. when 3. (05上海) He transplanted the little tree to the garden ______ it B was the best time for it. A. where B. when C. that D. until 4. (05福建) －Did Jack come back early last night? －Yes. It was not yet eight o’clock ____ he arrived home. B A. Before B. when C. that D. until 5. (06辽宁) He was about halfway through his meal ______ a C familiar voice came to his ears. A. why B. where C. when D. while
1. when可用来引导时间状语从句，意为“当……的时候”从句的 谓语动词可以是延续的，也可以是短暂的。 如： When the film ended, they went back. When I lived there, I used to go to the seashore on Sundays. 2. When 常用于下列句式：意为“就在那时”。如： was doing something…when was about to do…when was on the point of doing sth... when… had done…when 3. when可以表“既然”，如： How can I help them to understand when they won’t listen to me?
6. (06天津) The cost of living in Glasgow is among the lowest in Britain, ______ the quality of life is probably one of the highest. D A. since B. when C. as D. while
7. (04年江苏) ______ I accept that he is not perfect, I do actually A like the person. A. While B. Since C. Before D. Unless
C 8. ________it is true that a student’s most important goal is to do well in his or her studies, it doesn’t need to be the only goal. A when B As C While D Before
C her guests were finishing their made coffee meal.(全国) A. so that B. although C. while D. as if
1. while可用来引导时间状语，意为“当……的时候”； 引导的动作必须是持续性的，如： Please don’t talk so loud while others are working. 2. while作为并列连词，意为“而，却”，表示对比。 Jane was dressed in brown while Mary was dressed in blue. 3. while也可用来引导让步状语，意为“尽管，虽然”； 可表示尽管，相当于although While I admit that the problems are difficult , I don’t agree that they can’t be solved. 4 趁…的情况赶紧做, 否则来不及了 Strike while the iron is hot.
1.as可用来引导时间状语，意为“一边…一边”；随着 如： She sang as she walked home all the way. (一边…一边）
She was doing her homework as she was listening to the music. As she grew older, she became more beautiful. （随着）
As the day went on, the weather got worse. 2.as也可用来引导原因状语从句意为“因为”； 如： As she is free today, she would like to do some shopping. （因为） 3.as还可用来引导让步状语从句（通常用倒装结构）意为“尽管”。 如：Tired as he was, he refused to take a rest. （尽管） Hard as he worked, he can’t work out the problem. Child as he is, he knows a lot.
连接词when, while, as的用法区别：
when, while, as这三个连词都可表示“当……的时候”， 使用时应注意： 1) when可表示一个时间点，也可表示一个时间段。如： When he came in, we were having supper. When we were having supper, the light suddenly went out. 2) while则只表示一个时间段。它所引导的时间状语从句 中的时态常用进行时态。如： When/While he was eating his breakfast, he heard the doorbell ring. While he was watching TV, the boy fell asleep. 3) as则强调主句和从句的动作在同一时间进行;也可表示 “随着……”， 。 She sang as she walked along. As the election approached, the violence（暴行） got worse.
问题3: 1. (01北京春)－Did you remember to give Mary the money you owed her? B －Yes. I gave it to her ______ I saw her. A. while B. the moment C. suddenly D. although 2. (1998上海) I thought her nice and honest ______ I C met her. A. first time B. for the first time C. the first time D. by the first time 3. ______ entered the office when he realized that C he had forgotten his report. A. He hardly had B. Had he hardly C. Hardly had he D. Hardly he had
小结： 1．一些词，如the moment, the minute, the instant, immediately, directly, instantly, hardly…when, scarcely…when, no sooner…than等也可引导时 间状语从句，相当于as soon as的意思。 I came immediately you called me up. 2．一些含有time的名词短语，如the first /second/last time,every time, each time, next time, by the time等， 也可引导时间状语从句。 The first time I drove the car, I felt very nervous. Next time you come, please bring your composition. 3. 如果hardly或no sooner或scarcely置于句首，句子必 须倒装。 Hardly /scarcely had I got home when it began to rain.
1. (03北京春) －Was his father very strict with him when he was at school? －Yes. He had never praised him ______ he became C one of the top students in his grade. A. after B. unless C. until D. when 2. (03上海) A good storyteller must be able to hold listeners’ curiosity ______ he reaches the end of the D story. A. when B. unless C. after D. until 3. It was not ______ she took off her dark glasses B ______ I realized she was a famous film star. A. when; that B. until; that C. until; when D. when; then
小结： till, until和not…until： 1.until/till从句用于肯定句时，主句的动词 是延续性动作，意为“某动作一直延续到某时间点才停 止”。如： We waited until/till he came. 2．用于否定句时，主句谓语动词是非延续性动词，意为 “某动作直到某时间才开始”。如： He won’t go to bed until her father returns. 3．till不可以置于句首，而until可以。如： Until you told me I had no idea of it. 4．not…until句型中的强调和倒装说法： It was not until you told me that I had any idea of it. Not until you told me did I have any idea of it.
问题5: 1. (03年北京) He made a mistake, but then he corrected the situation ______ it got worse. C A. until B. when C. before D. as 2. (04福建) Scientists say it may be five or six years ______ it is possible to test this medicine on C human patients. A. since B. after C. before D. when 3. (06四川)－Why didn’t you tell him about the meeting? A －He rushed out of the room____I could say a word. A. before B. until C. when D. after 4. (05北京春) It is almost five years ______ we saw B each other last time. A. before B. since C. after D. because
一、含义 1． We had sailed four days and four nights before we saw land. “……才” 2． We hadn’t run a mile before he felt tired. “不到……就” 3． Please write it down before you forget it. “趁……” 4． Before I could get in a word, he had measured me. “还没来得及”
三．1）It will be/＋段时间＋before…“还要过多久才……” It will be two years before he leaves the country. 2） It was +时间段+before 从句 （动作已发生） It was three weeks before he came back 3） It will not be long before…“不多久就会……” It won’t be long before she comes back 4） It was not long before…“不多久就……了” 如： It wasn’t long before he left the country. 5）It is＋时间＋since…如： It is three years since she was in the army. It is three years since she joined the army.
1、 It is known to all that _____ you exercise regularly, you A won’t keep good health. （05重庆卷）
A. unless B. whenever C. although D. if A 2. You will be late ___ you leave immediately. A. unless B. until C. if D. or 3. The little boy won’t go to sleep B his mother tells him a story.（2010全国） A. or B. unless C. but D. whether
unless 相当于 if not，意思是“除非…”“如果不…就…”。 这也是高考的热点之一。
1、_____ I can see, there is only one possible way to keep B away from the danger. （04北京春季） A. Because B. As far as D. Even if 2、I always take something to read when I go to the doctor’s ________ I have to wait. （05全国卷3） A A．in case B．so that C．in order D．as if
as long as 与 as far as 都可引导条件状语从句，as long as 表示“只要…”，as far as 表示“就…而言”。题1根
据题意应该选用B。in case 表示“以防”。
1、 _____ I accept that he is not perfect, I do actually like the A person. （04江苏） A. While B. Since C. Before D. Unless 2、Allow children the space to voice their opinions, ____they B are different from your own. (05湖南卷） A. until B. even if C. unless D. as though
while 是高考中的高频词，它既可引导时间状语从句，又可 引导并列句，还可引导让步状语从句，表示“尽管”。 even if 等于 even though，表示“即使、尽管”。as though 等于 as if，引导方式状语从句，表示“好像、似 乎”。
1、 He tried his best to solve the problem, ___ difficult it was. A
（05天津卷） A. however B. no matter C. whatever D although 2、The old tower must be saved, ______the cost. （05浙江） B A．however B．whatever C．whichever D．wherever 3. English and French are taught here. You can choose _____ you like. A. no matter which B. whichever D. whatever no matter wh- 与 wh-ever 的联系及区别： no matter wh- 只引导让步状语从句，此时与 wh-ever通用。 No matter when / Whenever he comes back, he should be invited to the party. wh-ever又可引导名词性从句， No matter wh-不能。如： Whoever can help us will be welcome.
结果状语从句 so…that…,such…that… 1) It is so good a story that I’ll never forget it. It is such a good story that I’ll never forget it. 2)such+ a +adj名词 +that clause such+（adj）+名词复数 3)so +adj./adv. +that clause
4)so + many/few + 复数名词 +that clause much/little+不可数名词
10. The day must be breaking, _____ the birds have begun singing. A. because B. as C. for D. since
? 1) because表示某件事情发生的直接原因或理由。它的语 气很强，因而常用来回答why的提问。在这几个连词中， 它表示原因的语气最强。如： ? He didn’t come to school yesterday because he was ill. ? 2) since常表示对方已经知道的既成事实，说话人根据这 个事实得出某一种结论。其语气比because要弱，一般译 成“既然”。如： ? Since you are here, why not stay for a few more days? ? 3) as常用于表示十分明显的原因，说明因果关系，重点放 在主句上，语气较弱，常译成“由于”。如： ? As it’s getting darker, we must go home now. ? 4) for只是一个并列连词，用于连接两个并列句，表示推理 或解释，对前一个分句进行附加说明。如： ? It must have rained last night, for the ground is wet
.I hurried _____ I wouldn’t be late for class. A. since B. so that C. as if D. unless ? You must speak louder so that /in order that you can be heard by all. ? He wrote the name down for fear that(lest) he should forget it. ? Better take more clothes in case the weather is cold.
（ as…as,not as(so)…as, more/-er…than,less…than ? 1)He doesn’t work so hard as you do. ? 2)There is as much ink in bottle A as in bottle B. ? 3)The more you worry,the less you’ll succeed. ? 4) Gold is much heavier than any other metal.
? 26. I have seldom seen my mother pleased with my progress as she is now. ? A. so B. very C. too D. rather
方式状语从句 1) You must try to do as I did. * 2)Let’s do as Mrs. Li teaches us.
*3)He talks as if he knew all about it. (好 象 )
1. After the war，a new school building was put up _____ there had once been a theatre. A. that B. where C. which D. when 2. --- Don’t look down upon Bob. He has his own advantages. --- Oh, yes. ________ others are weak, he is strong. A. If B. When C. Where D. Though 3. --- The thread of my kite broke and it flew away. --- I had told you it would easily break ____it was the weakest A. when B. where C. unless D. since
地点状语从句只有两个连词: Where， wherever
Where --- 在…地方，Wherever --- 无论哪里
1.Put the medicine where you can easily get it. 2.Where there is a will, there is a way. 3.He follows her wherever she goes. 4.Wherever you are, I will be right there waiting for you.
1、The house could fall down soon if no one______ some C quick repair work. （04全国IV） A has done B is doing C does D had done 2、It is almost five years _______ we saw each other last time. B （05北京春季） A. before B. since C. after D. when
在条件，时间状语从句中，用一般现在时表示一般将 来时。在 since 引导的时间状语从句中，动词一般都用一般
1、So difficult _____ it to live in an English-speaking country D that I determined to learn English. (01 上海) A. I have felt B. have I felt C. I did feel D. did I feel 2、Not until all the fish died in the river _____ how serious the
pollution was. (95 NMET)
A. did the villagers realize B. the villagers realized C. the villagers did realize D. didn’t the villagers realize
① 否定词开头；not until
② so 加 adj. 开头； ③ as / though引导的让步状语从句。
Hardly … when … No sooner … than … Child as he is, … Hardly had he got to the station when the train left. No sooner had he got to the station than the train left. Child as he is, he can speak seven foreign languages.
? ? ? ? ?
While watching TV, _________. C A the doorbell rang B the doorbell rings C we heard the door bell ring D we heard the doorbell rings
状语从句省略问题 1：如果主从句主语一致，从句中又有“be”时，省 略主语和be。 While still a student, she played many roles. When told the secret, he was surprised. When (he was) still a boy of ten, he had to work day and night If (you are) asked, you may come in. 2：从句中可省略it+是。 You can turn to me for help if necessary. If (it is) necessary / possible ... I’ll explain it to you again.
1、Though he is in his sixties, ______ he works as hard as a A young man A. yet B. but C. and D. and yet 2、 Excuse me for breaking in, _________ I have some news C for you. (NMET02) A. so B. and C. but D. yet
题1是主从复合句，所以中间不能使用并列连词 and; or; but; so 等。yet 是副词，只有 yet 可以与 though 连用。题2为 并列句，而“Excuse …, but …”为一固定搭配。在复习中 需要 细心的分析句子结构和成分。
对比训练 1 A 1. We were about to leave____ it began to rain. 2. She thought I was talking about her son, B ____, in fact, I was talking about my son. 3. Hardly had I finished my composition A ____ the bell rang. A. when B. while C. as D. during
对比训练 2 B 1. Child ____ she is, she know a lot. B 2. He did the experiment ____ he was told. 3. The pianos in the other shop will be B cheaper, but not ____ good. A. during B. as C. if D. though
对比训练 3 1. He would have a look at the bookstores A ____ he went to town. C 2. We decide to finish the work on time, ____ happens. 3. If we work with a strong will, we overcome D any difficulty, ____ great it is. 4. I’ll give the book to B ____ likes English. A. whenever B. whoever C. whatever D. however
1. If we work hard, we can overcome any B difficulty, no matter ____ great it is. 2. If we work hard, we can overcome any C difficulty, ____ great it is. 3. If we work hard, we can overcome any D difficulty, ____ difficulty it is. 4. If we work hard, we can overcome any difficulty, no matter ____ difficulty it is. A
A. what B. how C. however D. whatever
对比训练 5 C 1. It will be years ____ we meet again. D 2. It is ten years ____ I came to this town. B 3. It is ten years ago ____ I came to this town.
对比训练 7 B 1.Go and get your coat. It is ____ you left it. C 2. You are free to go ____ you like. A. there C. wherever B. where D. when
对比训练 8 1. The article is written in such easy English
A A ____ all of us can read it.
2. The article is written in such easy English C ____ all of us can read. A. that B. which C. as D. so that
copyright ©right 2010-2020。