Module 1 Europe
1. Between France and Spain is another mountain range——the Pyrenees. P1
语+主语+其他”。 Eg. On the east is a lake having no fame. 【仿写】她左边坐着她丈夫。 On her left sat her husband.
2. Twenty percent of the country is covered by islands.
Two-thirds of the workers in the factory ___ are men. is Over 70% of the surface ____ covered by water.
(1)She covers her face with her hands. 覆盖 be covered with be covered by (2)The town covers 5 square miles. 占用 (3)Is that word covered in the dictionary? 包括 (4)She covered 1,000 meters in less than 4 行走(距离) minutes. (5)This journalist used to cover international 报道 news. (6)Do you have enough to cover all your daily expenses? 足够支付
1. ---- Do you have enough to ____ all your daily expenses? ---- Oh, yes, enough and to spare. A. cover B. spend C. fill D. offer 2. The ground is ____ with ____ leaves. A. covering; falling B. covered; fallen C. covering; fallen D. covered; falling 3. Many reporters and photographers have been sent there ____ the earthquake. A. to find B. covering C. reporting D. to cover
There are more than sixty students in our class. Xu Beihong wanted to do more than imitate reality.
She is working on a new dictionary. Can you work on him to change his mind? This medicine will work on the affected part.
work at 致力于；克服(困难)；解决(难题) work out 计算出；成功；制定出；弄懂；结 果；锻炼
1. Mr Baker is busy these days ____ a new book on how to develop a child’s reading skill. A. working out B. working on C. working for D. working into 2. It is nearly 20 years since she began to ___ the subject. A. work as B. work at C. work out D. work with
because & because of because He didn’t go to school _________ he was ill. because of He didn’t go to school _________ his illness.
Their work has influenced other writers ever since. ever since: 自从那时起；从……以后(与完成 时态连用) Eg. We’ve been good friends ever since we met at school.
Many a woman has had an ___ her husband. A. influence in B. effect to C. influence on D. affect on
They have been good friends ____ they were in grade school . A. ever since B. now that C. even though D. even as
1. There are many beautiful islands ___ the east coast of the country. A. off B. along C. on D. from 2. If a teacher can’t answer simple questions like this, he will _____ with his class. A. face to face B. make a face C. lose his face D. save his face 3. ____ of the land in that district _____ covered with trees and grass. A. Two fifth; is B. Two fifth; are C. Two fifths; is D. Two fifths; are
4. When my grandpa was young, he had to ___ several miles a day to school since he had no money to take a bus. A. cover B. take C. get D. make 5. If one has no confidence, there is little possibility that he can achieve anything when ____ with hardships. A. facing B. having faced C. faced D. to face
6. In China, peach is a ___ of long life and therefore makes an ideal(理想的) birthday present. A. symbol B. sign C. signal D. symptom 7. Punctuality(守时) is ___ a virtue(美德) to us. It is a rule of life and our respect for our friends and visitors. A. better than B. more than C. no more than D. no better than
8. Whoever he referred to was ____ me, because all of them were _____ modern writers. A. well known to; known as B. well known to; known for C. well known as; known as D. well known for; known for 9. The girl swam ____ the English Channel in twelve hours accompanied by her father. A. over B. across C. through D. under
10. Mr. Smith has been living a colorful life ___ he moved to the countryside after his retirement. A. as if B. now that C. in case D. ever since 11. You can have a (n) ____ of speed on this highway, from 30 to 40 miles per hour. A. limit B. alternative C. range D. determination
Mad or not?
Aeroplanes are slowly driving me mad. I live near an airport and passing planes can be heard night and day. The airport was built years ago, but for some reason it could not be used then. Last year, however, it came into use. Over a hundred people must have been driven away from their homes by the noise. I am one of the few people left. Sometimes I think this house will be knocked down by a passing plane. I have been offered a large sum of money to go away, but I am determined to stay here. Everybody says I must be mad and they are probably right.
copyright ©right 2010-2020。