（满分：150分，考试时间：120分钟） 校区： 学生姓名：
第 I 卷（共 105 分）
第一部分 听力（共两节，满分 30 分） 第一节 （共 5 小题；每小题 1.5 分，满分 7.5 分） 听下面 5 段对话。每段对话后一个小题，从题中所给的 A、B、C 三个选项中选出最佳 选项，并标在试卷的相应位置。
听完每段对话后，你都有 10 秒钟的时间来回答有关小题和 阅读下一小题。每段对话仅读一遍。 听下面 5 段对话。每段对话仅读一遍。 1. What will the man have for breakfast? A. Eggs. B. Bread. C. Coffee.
2. Why does the man visit the woman? A. To say sorry to the woman. B. To borrow some milk. C. To help cook the meal. 3. What is the man doing? A. Asking the way. B. Helping the woman. C. Working in an office. 4. What is the time now? A. 4:45. B. 5:00. C. 5:30.
5. What does the man offer to do? A. Drive for the woman. B. Find a parking lot. C. Carry the boxes for the woman. 第二节（共 15 小题；每小题 1.5 分，满分 22.5 分） 听下面 5 段对话。每段对话后有几个小题，从题中所给的 A、B、C 三个选项中选出最 佳选项， 并标在试卷的相应位置。 听每段对话前， 你将有时间阅读各个小题， 每小题 5 秒钟； 听完后，各小题给出 5 秒钟的作答时间。每段对话读两遍。 听第 6 段材料，回答第 6 至 7 题。 6. Which of the following does the man like?
7. What is the woman’s attitude towards the man? A. Cold. B. Friendly. C. Careful.
听第 7 段材料，回答第 8 至 10 题。 8. What are the speakers talking about? A. A high school. B. A French teacher . C. A teaching job.
9. What can we know about the man? A. He can speak French. B. He can speak Chinese. C. He can’t work 35 hours a week. 10. What is the probable relationship between the speakers? A. Host and guest. B. Friends. C. Teacher and student.
听第 8 段材料，回答第 11 至 13 题。 11. What will the woman do on Saturday morning? A. Walk the dog. B. Help clean the house. C. See a film. 12. Where will the woman have to go at 12:00? A. To the dentist’s. B. To her school. C. To the science museum. 13. What time will the woman probably go to Julie’s? A. At 12:30 pm. B. At 1:00 pm. C. At 2:00 pm.
听第 9 段材料，回答第 14 至 17 题。 14. What kind of food will the speakers eat? A. American food. B. Indian food. C. Chinese food.
15. What is true about the Easter Palace? A. It is very good. B. It is very expensive. C. It is an Indian restaurant. 16. When will the speakers meet? A. On Saturday. B. On Friday. C. On Sunday.
17. What can we learn from the conversation? A. The speakers will meet before 7.
B. The speakers will meet at the man’s home. C. The woman doesn’t know how to order Chinese food. 听第 10 段材料，回答第 18 至 20 题。 18. When will the manager interview（面试）Chen Hua? A. On May 18. B. On May 8. C. On May 28.
19. What will Chen Hua have to do a week later? A. Turn in（上交）a work plan. B. Take a medical examination（体检）. C. Begin to work in the company. 20. Who is Mary Walter probably? A. A doctor. B. A company manager. C. A secretary.
第二部分 英语知识运用（共两节，满分 35 分） 第一节 单项选择（ 共 15 小题；每小题 1 分，满分 15 分） 从 A、B、C、D 四个选项中，选出可以填入空白处的最佳选项，并在答题卡上将该项 涂黑。 21. — I was worried about math, but Mr. Brown gave me an A! — ________ That’s a difficult course. A. Have a good luck. C. Congratulations! B. Not really. D. You do?
22. Smoking, which may be ________ fun for some people, is ________ cause of discomfort for the people around him. A. /; a B. a; a C. a; / D. a; the
23. Our English teacher requested that the homework ________ tomorrow morning. A. would be handed in C. hand in B. be handed in D. must be handed in
24. The reason ________ he refused to attend the meeting was that they didn’t give him an invitation earlier. A. how B. which C. why D. because
25. Mr. Li is absent today. What do you consider ________ to him? A. happens B. is happened C. happening D. has happened
26. He has given me so much help that I really wanted to do something for him ________. A. in return B. by turns C. in turn D. in case
27. Unless you change your ________ towards your studies, you won’t make any progress, I
believe. A. point B. idea C. sight D. attitude
28. Every time ________ they met, they would talk several hours together about the persons and things ________ they remembered in the middle school. A. that; who and which C. which; / B. when; which D. /; that
29. Yesterday we went to visit the farm ________ my father used to work for nearly ten years. A. in which B. that C. where D. which
30. Mr. Black ________ Shanghai in a few days. Do you know when the earliest plane ________ on Sunday？ A. leaves; takes off C. is leaving; is taking off B. is leaving; takes off D. leaves; is taking off
31. That hero who died in the war was so brave that he never ________ to the enemies until death. A. gave up B. gave out C. gave in D. gave away
32. Only when you told me about it ________ what a silly thing I had done. A. I realized B. did I realize C. I did realize D. did I realized
33. I ________ walking in the garden ________ watching TV in the room. A. like; instead C. prefer; than B. would rather; than D. prefer; to
34. — Why does she always ask you for help? — There is no one else ________, is there? A. who to turn C. for whom to turn B. she can turn to D. for her to turn
35. His family don’t like the second-hand car, ________ is very high. A. the price of which B. which price C. it’s price D. the price of that
第二节 完形填空（共 20 小题；每小题 1 分，满分 20 分） 阅读下面短文，从短文后各题所给的四个选项（A、B、C 和 D）中选出可以填入空白 的最佳选项，并在答题卡上将该项涂黑。 A man was driving at 70 miles in a 40-mile zone （区域） , when a 37 the man started thinking of excuses to give. As the policeman came to him, he said, “Hi, officer, I guess you the speed limit. I was in a rush to get son wasn’t feeling too 40 39 38 me a little bit over 36 came behind him.
, to be with my wife and kids. You know my younger
when I left home this morning. I’m afraid he’s ill.” 41 something in his notebook. As
The policeman said, “Well, I guess so,” and started
minutes went by, he could see from the side view mirror, the policeman was When the man was wondering why he hadn’t asked for his driving came to his window, 44 43
so far, the policeman
him a piece of paper, and returned to his car without saying a single 45 going to be? However, the man was 46
word. The man wondered: how much was this it was not a ticket（罚单）at all and he began to “I had a daughter who was He got a fine, a few months in had one, and now I have to to 51 50 48
by a speeding car at the age of six by a speeding driver.
49 , and then was free, free to hug his two daughters. I only until I get to heaven before I can hug her again. I have tried
that man a thousand times, and I thought I had. Maybe I really did forgive（原谅） 52 when you drive again. My son is all I have been left
him. So pray（祈祷）for me, and be with.” The man was completely finally he did, he drove forgiveness. 36. A. truck 37. A. Just now 38. A. remembered 39. A. to school 40. A. well 41. A. writing 42. A. even 43. A. route 44. A. handed 45. A. paper 46. A. excited 47. A. laugh 48. A. hit 49. A. fear 50. A. stay 51. A. forgive 52. A. honest 53. A. disappointed 54. A. quickly 55. A. under B. mail car B. Just so B. caught B. home B. happy B. looking for B. really 54 53
and could not move for the next few minutes. When 55 the speed limit, praying for
, even a few miles
C. police car C. Right now C. mistook C. out C. free C. listing C. never C. Journal C. rewarded C. notice C. surprised C. read C. trapped C. prison C. remain C. educate C. patient C. shocked C. fortunately C. to
D. taxi D. Right away D. recognized D. to hospital D. bad D. looking up D. still D. Insurance（保险） D. pushed D. ticket D. angry D. think D. killed D. danger D. escape D. support D. careful D. frightened D. rapidly D. with
B. License（执照） B. sent B. note B. upset B. smile B. knocked B. trouble B. wait B. attack B. thankful B. nervous B. slowly B. over
第三部分 阅读理解（共 20 小题; 每小题 2 分，满分 40 分） 阅读下列短文，从每题所给的四个选项（A、B、C 和 D）中，选出最佳选项，并在答 题卡上将该项涂黑。 A Jay Chou（周杰伦）is a well-known name both in Taiwan and mainland. He is now one of Asia’s hottest pop stars. His catchy tunes have main-streamed（主流）rap and R&B in the Mando-pop world. In the past his teacher thought he was dumb（木讷）. Talent spotters（观察者） thought he was ugly. But his success proves that the music still matters more than looks and image. His musical talent（才能）is recognized by fans, fellow-singers and producers. Now, a singing contest was held in Taiwan Chou appeared at the contest with band “Nan Quan Mama”, which was discovered by Chou. Their first album the Summer of Nan Quan Mama, composed and produced by Chou was a great success. Chou started his career at a singing contest, attracting the attention of record producers. But the successful singer does not believe in luck. He says it’s his passion for music and hard work that are keys to his success. He said, “I didn’t know how to sing at the beginning, so I lost the first time. But I was so determined that I never stopped trying. My advice to these young singers is never to give up, and always believe in yourself. ” Chou’s confidence has strengthened his music. He is a great source of inspiration to youngsters who share his determination to become a superstar. 56. The best title for this passage can be ____________. A. From an ugly dumb to a superstar B. Jay Chou’s way to success C. Jay Chou and his band D. Jay Chou’s life 57. The underlined part “matters more” most probably means ____________. A. better C. more difficult B. more different D. more important
58. Which of the following is NOT true about Jay Chou? A. Jay Chou is confident towards music. B. He is a determined man. C. He succeeded the first time he appeared on the stage. D. Though not good-looking, he has a gift for music.
59. ____________ make Jay Chou a success according to the passage. A. His luck and talent for music B. His talent for music and look C. His looks and luck D. His passion for music and hard work 60. Jay Chou’s musical talent is recognized by the following except ____________. A. his teachers C. producers B. fellow-singers D. fans B Edmund Halley （哈雷） was an English scientist who lived over 200 years ago. He studied the observations of comets （彗星） which other scientists had made. The orbit （轨道） of one particular comet was a very difficult mathematical problem. He could not work it out. Neither could other scientists who dealt with such problems. However, Halley had a friend named Newton, who was a brilliant （ 有 才 华 的 ） mathematician. Newton thought he had already worked out that problem, but he could not find the papers on which he had done it. He told Halley that the orbit of a comet had the shape of an ellipse （椭圆）. Now Halley set to work. He worked out the orbits of some of the comets that had been observed by other scientists. He made a surprising discovery. The comets that had appeared in the years 1531, 1607, and 1682 all had the same orbit. Yet their appearances had been 75 to 76 years apart（相隔）. This seemed very strange to Halley. The different comets followed the same orbit. The more Halley thought about it, the more he thought that there had not been three different comets, as people thought. He decided that they had simply seen the same comet three times. The comet had gone away and had come back again. It was an amazing idea! Halley felt certain enough to make a prediction （预言） of what would happen in the future. He decided that this comet would appear in the year 1758. There were 53 years to go before Halley’s prediction could be tested. In 1758 the comet appeared in the sky. Halley did not see it, for he had died some years before. Ever since then that comet has been called Halley’s comet, in his honor. 61. Edmund Halley worked out the orbit of ____________. A. some different comets appearing several times B. the same comet appearing at different times C. three different comets appearing three times
D. several comets appearing at the same time 62. Halley made his discovery ____________. A. by doing experiments B. by means of his own careful observation C. by studying the work of other scientists D. by chance 63. Halley made a surprising, but correct prediction（预言）in the year ____________. A. 1704 B. 1705 C. 1706 D. 1707
64. This passage in general is about ____________. A. Halley and other scientists C. Newton and Halley B. the orbit of a comet D. Halley and his discovery
65. According to the passage, which of the flowing is NOT true? A. Newton worked out the orbit of the comet. B. Halley worked out the orbit of the comet first. C. Newton gave Halley some help. D. Halley died before 1758. C Laptop computers are popular all over the world. People use them on trains and airplanes, in airports and hotels. These laptops connect people to their workplace. In the United States today, laptops also connect students to their classrooms. Westlake College in Virginia will start a laptop computer program that allows students to do schoolwork anywhere they want. Within five years, each of the 1500 students at the college will receive a laptop. The laptops are part of a $10 million computer program at Westlake, a 110-year-old college. The students with laptops will also have access to（可利用）the Internet. In addition, they will be able to use e-mail to “speak” with their teachers, their classmates, and their families. However, the most important part of the laptop program is that students will be able to use computers without going to computer labs. They can work with it at home, in a fast-food restaurant or under the trees-anywhere at all! Because of the many changes in computer technology, laptop use in higher education, such as colleges and universities, is workable. As laptops become more powerful, they become more similar（相似）to desktop computers. In addition, the portable computers can connect students to not only the Internet, but also libraries and other resources. At Westlake College, more than 60 percent of the staff use computers. The laptops will allow all teachers to use computers in their lessons.
State higher-education officials are studying how laptops can help students. State officials are also testing laptop programs at other universities, too. 66. The main purpose of the laptop program is to give each student a laptop to ____________. A. use for their schoolwork C. work at home B. access the Internet D. connect them to libraries
67. Why is the word “speak” in the second paragraph in quotation marks（引号）? A. They don’t really talk. C. Laptops have speakers. B. They use the computer language. D. None of the above reasons is correct.
68. Which of the following is true about Westlake College? A. All teachers use computers. C. It is an old college in America. B. 1500 students have laptops. D. Students there can do everything.
69. “A window on the world” in the last paragraph means that students can ____________. A. attend lectures on information technology B. travel around the world C. have free laptops D. get information from around the world 70. What can we infer from the passage? A. The program is successful. C. The program is too expensive. B. The program is not workable. D. We don’t know the result yet. D Sydney—Mobile phone has become a problem for middle schools. Some middle schools in Australia have banned（禁止）students from carrying mobile phones during school hours. Mobile phone use among children has become a problem for the school this year. Several children have got mobile phones as Christmas gifts, and more students want them. Mary Bluett, an official, said mobile phone use is a distraction（分心）to students during school hours and it also gives teachers so much trouble in their classrooms. Teachers were also saying that sometimes students might use phone messages to cheat during exams. She said some schools had tried to ban mobile phones. Some parents felt unhappy because they couldn’t get in touch with their children. Many teachers said students should not have mobile phones at school, but if there was a good reason, they could leave their phones at school offices. They also said there were many reasons why the students should not have mobile phones at school: they were easy to lose and were a distraction from studies. Many people say that they understand why parents would want their children to have phones,
but they think schools should let the students know when they can use their mobile phones. 71. Some middle schools in Australia have banned students from carrying mobile phones ____________. A. because they are students C. because they are young B. when they are at school D. when they are free
72. We know from the passage that some children get mobile phones from ____________. A. the makers and sellers C. their parents and friends B. some other strangers D. some mobile phone users during school hours.
73. Some parents felt unhappy because they couldn’t A. get in touch with their children C. help the teachers with their work
B. leave their mobile phones D. use their mobile phones
74. The underlined word “they” in the fifth paragraph refers to ____________. A. many teachers C. mobile phones B. some messages D. some students
75. The topic mainly talked about in the text is ____________. A. why the students should not use mobile phones in some Australian schools B. when the students of some Australian schools can use their mobile phones C. whether the Australian students can have mobile phones at school D. how some parents feel when their children should not carry mobile phones
第Ⅱ卷（共 45 分）
第四部分 写作（共两节，满分 45 分） 第一节 单词拼写（共 15 小题；每小题 1 分，满分 15 分） 根据下列句子及所给汉字注释或首字母提示， 在句子后边的横线上， 写出空缺处各单词 的正确形式。 （每空只写一词） 1. As parents, you should （教育）your children to be polite to others. 1. 2.
2. She ______（遭受）from loneliness when studying abroad. 3. Many top leaders are 4. It takes at least a week to
（担心，关心）about the shortage of water. 3. （恢复，痊愈）from the HINI flu. 4.
5. My grandpa is ______（喜欢）of fishing and sometimes he fishes all day in the river. 5. 6. The flood did a lot of 7. He 8. I am （损害）to the crops. 6. 7. 8.
（承认）making that terrible mistake. （决心）to do better than Mike and I am sure I will.
9. He asked his wife’s 10. Few birds managed to 11. They s 12. J 13. After g 14. There is no d
（观点，意见）on every important decision. （幸存，活过）the cold winter.
9. 10. 11. 12. 13. 14.
every room for the missing paper. from what he said, he must be an honest man. from university, he worked as a newspaper reporter. that he stole the papers.
15. Kate didn’t want to attend the party, but she was p 第二节 书面表达（满分 30 分）
to come at last. 15.
上周开始，老师和家长都要李明住校学习，而他却喜欢住在家里，双方各持己见。假设 你是李明，请用英语把这个情况告诉给中学生英语报某栏目组，请求主持人给予建议。 老师和家长的理由 1．方便问问题； 2．晚自习时间更能保证； 3．培养独立生活的能力。 注意：1．词数：120 字左右； 李明的理由 1．晚上有更多自习时间； 2. 学习内容可以自由支配。 …… 2．信的开头已写好；
3． 参考词句： 住校 board （v.） ； 方便做…… It’s convenient to…； 分歧 disagreement Dear Sir, I’m a student of Senior 1. I am writing to ask you for some advice. _____________ ____
Yours, Li Ming
第一部分 听力（共 20 小题；每小题 1.5 分，满分 30 分） 1~5 CBAAC 6~10 CBCAB 11~15 BACCA 16~20 BAABC
第二部分 英语知识运用（共两节，满分 35 分） 第一节 单项选择（共 15 小题；每小题 1 分，满分 15 分） 21~25 CABCD 26~30 ADDCB 31~35 CBDBA
第二节 完形填空（共 20 小题；每小题 1 分，满分 20 分） 36~40 CDBBA 41~45 ADBAD 46~50 CCDCB 51~55 ADCBA
第三部分 阅读理解（共 20 小题; 每小题 2 分，满分 40 分） 56~60 B DCDA 61~65.BCBDB 66~70 AACDD 71~75BCACA
第四部分 写作（共两节，满分 45 分） 第一节 单词拼写（共 15 小题；每小题 1 分，满分 15 分） 1.educate 6. damage 11. searched 15. persuaded 第二节 书面表达（满分 30 分） One possible version: Dear Sir, I’m a student of Senior 1. I am writing to ask you for some advice. Since last week, my parents and teachers have kept asking me to board in the school. They say it will be very convenient for me to ask questions whenever and wherever. Besides, they think boarding will make it possible to make full use of my night time, and that I also develop the ability to look after myself. However, I have my own thoughts. If staying at home in the evening, I will have more time to work at my lessons. At the same time, I can learn what I think I’m not good at. I really don’t know how to deal with the disagreement between us. Can you give me your advice? Yours, Li Ming 2. suffered 7. admitted 12. Judging 3. concerned 8. determined 4. recover 9. opinion 5. fond 10. survive 14. doubt
13. graduating / graduation
(Text 1) W: Good morning, dear. Do you want eggs for breakfast? M: No, thanks. I’m late. Just some coffee, please. (Text 2) W: Who is it? M: It’s me, Tom. Sorry to trouble you, Tracy. But I just ran out of milk. Could you lend me some? W: Yeah, no problem. Come in. Here you are. (Text 3) M: Excuse me, could you tell me where the secretary’s office is, please? W: Yes. It’s up the stairs, straight to the end of the passage and there you are. M: Thank you. (Text 4) W: What time is it? M: It’s a quarter to five. W: Aren’t we supposed to be at Jim’s house by five o’clock? M: Five or five thirty. He said it didn’t make any difference. (Text 5) M: Can I help you with those boxes? W: Huh? Why, yes. That’s very kind of you. M: No trouble at all. Where’s your car? W: Right over there. The white one. (Text 6) W: You’ll be having meals with us. Is there any type of food that you don’t like? M: Er, not really. The only thing is that I’m not very keen on fish. W: Not very keen on fish? M: No. W: Oh, well, that’s not much of a problem. M: Er, nothing else. Oh, tea. I never drink tea. W: You never drink tea? M: I usually have coffee. W: Well we usually have tea all the time. M: Oh, dear. W: But that’s not a problem, either. We’ll make you coffee. (Text 7)
W: Er, well, I think there’s a job that could well interest you. M: Really? W: Yeah. It’s at a high school in the north of London. M: Oh, yes. W: Yeah. They’re looking for a French teacher. M: Oh, that sounds very interesting. How much do they pay? W: Well, I seem to remember they mentioned something in the area of 65, 000 a year. M: Uh-huh. W: And, well, I think the job, you know, requires the normal teaching hours. I suppose you’d have a 35-hour week. M: Oh, really? When does the job start? W: Er, well, you know, at the beginning of September. (Text 8) M: So, Susan, do you have anything planned for this Saturday? W: Uh, I’m kind of busy. Why do you ask? M: Oh, I was wondering if you like to get together and do something, like seeing a movie or taking a walk down by the lake. W: I’d love to, but I’m really going to be busy all day on Saturday. M: What do you have to do on that day? W: First, my mum will ask me to help clean the house in the morning, and then I have a dentist appointment at 12:00 o’clock. I can’t miss that because I’ve cancelled twice before. M: Well, what about after that? W: Well, I’m going to be running around all day. Julie asked me to her house at 1:30 to help her with her science project. But I’m afraid I’ll be half an hour late. M: Oh, you’re always so busy. When can you be free, Susan? W: Hardly ever, my mum always tries to come up with something for me to do. (Text 9) W: Why don’t we go out for dinner sometime this week? M: That’d be nice. I haven’t been to a restaurant for ages. Do you have any place in mind? W: Not really. Let’s think. How about Indian food? M: Mm, that would be okay. It can be a bit hot, though. W: Yeah, that’s true. Then how about Chinese food? M: I love Chinese food. But I’m never sure what to order! W: Well, why don’t we try that Chinese restaurant on Main Street? Have you ever eaten there?
M: You mean the Easter Palace? Is that the one? W: That’s right. M: No, I’ve never tried it. I hear it’s very good. W: Yes. I’ve eaten there several times, so I know the menu quite well. M: Sounds great! So when do you want to go? W: Is Friday okay with you? M; Sure. I’m not doing anything on Friday. W: Would 7:00 o’clock be okay? M: Yeah, that would be a good idea. W: Then let’s meet in front of the restaurant just before 7. M: All right. I look forward to it. Thanks. (Text 10) May 8 Dear Mr. Chen Hua, I write to tell you that the manager of our company will interview you at 9:30 on the morning of May 18. You are asked to tell him why you want to get this job, what you are good at, for example, how many foreign languages you can speak, and what you plan to do after you begin work here. You will have to take a medical examination a week later. I will tell you at the beginning of next month whether you are successful or not. Truly yours, Mary Walter
copyright ©right 2010-2020。