1、Live in the present To a large degree, the measure of our peace of mind is determined by how much we are able to live in the present moment .Irrespective of what happened yesterday or last
year，and what may or may not happen tomorrow ,the present moment is where you are --always. Many people live as if life were a dress rehearsal for some later date ， it isn’t .In fact, no one has a guarantee that he or she will be here tomorrow. Now is the only time we have and the only time we have any control over .When our attention is in the present moment , we push fear from our minds，Fear is the concern over events that might happen in the future .We won’t have enough money , our children will get into trouble , we will get old and die, whatever. To combat fear, the best strategy is to learn to bring your attention back to the present.Practice keeping your attention on the here and now.Your efforts will pay great dividends. 2、Follow your heart My third story is about death. When I was 17， I read a quote that went something like： you live “If each day as if it was your last， someday you’ most certainly be right.” ll It made an impression on me， and since then， for the past 33 years， I have looked in the mirror every morning and asked myself： “If today were the last day of my life，would I want to do what I am about to do
today？” And whenever the answer has been “No” for too many days in a row， I know I need to change something. Remembering that I'll be dead soon is the most important tool I’ve ever encountered to help me make the big choices in life.Because almost everything — all external expectations ， all pride ， all fear of embarrassment or failure - these things just fall away in the face of death， leaving only what is truly important. Remembering that you are going to die is the best way I know to avoid the trap of thinking you have something to lose. You are already naked. There is no reason not to follow your heart. 3 、Rome wasn’t built in a day Learning English is like building a house. Laying a strong foundation is the first and most important step..In other words, you should read and speak English every day. Memorizing new words and phrases is also helpful. Like building a house, learning English takes some time.So
don't be impatient. Remember: Rome wasn't built in a day! 4、清晨励志演讲 As you slowly open your eyes, look around, notice where the light comes into your room; listen carefully, see if there are new sounds you can recognize; feel with your body and spirit,and see if you can sense the freshness in the air.
Yes, yes, yes, it’s a new day, it’s a different day,and it’s a bright day! And most importantly, it is a new beginning for your life, a beginning where you are going to make new decisions, take new actions,make new friends and take your life to a totally unprecedented level. In your mind’s eye, you can see clearly the things you want to have, the places you intend to go, the relationships you desire to develop, and the positions you aspire to reach. You can hear your laughers of joy and happiness on the day when everything happens as you dream! You can see the smiles on the people around you when the magic moment strikes. You can feel your face is getting red, your heart is beating fast, and your blood is rushing all over your body, to every single corner of your being! You know all this is real as long as you are confident, passionate, and committed. And you are confident, you are passionate, you are committed! You will no longer fear making new sounds,showing new facial expressions, using your body in new ways, approaching new people, and asking new questions. You will live every single day of your life with absolute passion, and you will show your passion through the words you speak and the actions
you take. You will focus all your time and effort on the most important goals of your life. You will never succumb to challenges of hardships; You will never waver in your pursuit of excellence. After all, you are the best, and you deserve the best!
As your coach and friend, I can assure you the door to all the best things in the world will open to you, but the key to that door is in your hand. You must do your part, you must faithfully follow the plans you make and take the actions you plan, you must never quit, you must never fear! I know you must do it, you can do it, you will do it, and you will succeed! Now stand firm and tall, make a fist, get excited and yell it out: I must do it!I can do it! I will do it! I will succeed! I must do it! I can do it! I will do it! I will succeed! I must do it! I can do it! I will do it! I will succeed!
5、斯蒂夫乔布斯斯坦福大学演讲 I'm pretty sure none of this would have happen if I hadn't been fired from Apple. It was awful-tasting medicine but I guess the patient needed it. Sometimes life's going to hit you in the head with a brick Don't lose faith. I'm convinced that the only thing that kept me going was that I loved what I did. You've got to find what you love, and that is as true for
work as it is for your lovers. Your work is going to fill a large part of your life, and the only way to be truly satisfied is to do what you believe is great work, and the only way to do great work is to love what you do. If you haven't found it yet, keep looking, and don't settle. As with all matters of the heart, you'll know when you find it, and like any great relationship it just gets better and better as the years roll on. So keep looking. Don't settle.
6 Academy Awards Speech
I’m very grateful to receive this award for “Best Actress”. I can’t begin to tell you how much I appreciate this honor.There are many people I want to thank for;First of all I want to thank my parents for bringing me into this world. I also want to express my gratitude to all of my teachers over the years, but especially to my acting teacher, Jim Jones, who taught me everything I know. I want to thank my wife, for her understanding and kindness. And finally, I want to express my appreciation to all of my friends for their support, especially to Martin Miller, for being there when I needed her. This award means a great deal to me.Words can’t express
how honored I feel at this moment. I will remember this night for the rest of my life! Thank you very much. 7、Be A Lifelong Learner 做一个终生学习的人 Learning doesn’t finish when you leave school. Learning can
become a way of life which helps you to achieve your greatest potential. We never stop learning; there is always something new and interesting to discover nearby. Learning new skills can be a bit scary but we all need to do this each time we reach a personal learning plateau. Break the plateau by actively seeking support and advice. Take up some training, further education, night classes—any new interest which will help you to develop your strengths. Keep observing and listening and keep your brain active.Remember the world is your classroom.And you are never too old to learn. 8、 Restaurant dos and don’ts What is considered polite in one country is sometimes considered rude in another. In other words, sometimes you should slip (sound of slip) and sometimes you shouldn't. Learning about culture differences while you learn English is the fastest way to brought your knowledge of the world and become more successful. When eating, the Japanese and some Chinese are in a habit of slipping (sound of slipping) their food. By doing
so they show their host how much they like the food. Westerner find eating soup this way most unpleasant. And when it comes to tipping, they just leave some money on the table. The amount is up to you, but it is usually 15 to 20 percent of the cheque. 9、 Happy Birthday 生日快乐 We’re here today to celebrate a very special occasion. I’m sure everybody will agree with me that Tom has always been a great boss and a great leader. He has also been a good role model and friend. I have never met a person who is as understanding, patient, and sincere as Tom. We have thrown this birthday party not only to celebrate your birthday, but also to express our gratitude for your thoughtful leadership. You have really done a lot for everyone here. So thank you from all of us. Happy birthday, Tom, and many happy returns 10、Dear John 分手信 Dear John, I’ll think about you every day, and I know when I see you tomorrow, saying good-bye would be the hardest thing I’ve ever done. Part of me is scared that there will come a time when you don’t feel the same way, that you’ll somehow forget about what we shared, so this is what I want to do. Wherever you are and no matter what’s going on in your life, when it’s the first night of the full moon—like it was the first time we met—I want you to find it in the nighttime sky. I want you to think about me and the
week we shared, because wherever I am and no matter what’s going on in my life, that’s exactly what I’ll be doing. If we can’t be together, at least we can share that, and maybe between the two of us, we can make this last forever. I love you, John Tyree, and I’m going to hold you to the promise you once made to me. If you come back, I’ll marry you. If you break your promise, you’ll break my heart. Love, Savannah. 11、 Endangered Animal 濒临绝迹的动物 If the buying stops, the tiger will keep its skin and bones. If the buying stops, the turtle will keep its shell. If the buying stops, our coral reefs will continue to teem with life. If the buying stops, the elephant will live, and keep its tusks. Every year, thousands of tourists risk arrest and prosecution through the buying of illegal goods made from the world’s most endangered and precious species for souvenirs, traditional medicines, exotic foods and ornamental products. Please don’t be one of them. Remember, when the buying stops, the killing can, too. 12、 My Crazy Belief I am a college student of the 21st century.
I was born in a great age and a great country. I have a brilliant future ahead of me! I am full of hopes and dreams! I also shoulder great responsibilities and missions! I have unlimited confidence I will conquer English and make my country stronger! I know that with great determination, perseverance and passion, I can destroy all difficulties! From this second on, I will hold firmly in mind this crazy belief: Blurting out is the best way to learn English well in the world! When I can blurt out this book, I will be second to none! I will strictly follow the tapes whenever I am studying English. I will carefully imitate sentence by sentence. I will read loudly and repeatedly. I will always take along this book with me wherever I go. I will crazily practice English whenever I have time. I will work harder and harder till every single word, sentence, dialogue and article become a part of me! I will make miracles and be totally outstanding in no time! I possess unlimited confidence to conquer English I can make it!
13 I Have Every Confidence in Myself! 我对自己充满自信！ This is a new term; this is a new beginning; this is a totally new me! This is a new way to learn good English! From today I’m determined to yell English every day! I want to open my heart! I want to be wholly devoted! I want to be crazy! Iwant to forget about my face! I want to open my mouth wildly! I want to conquer my laziness! I want to overcome all the difficulties! I am the future of my family, the future of China, the future of the world! I desire to win! I must win! I will win, absolutely, definitely, and without any doubt! I have every confidence in myself! 14 、Self-introduction 自我介绍 Hi everybody, I’m Chris. Shanghai is my home. I was born and raised there. It’s a beautiful and modern city. It is also one of the most important international cities in Aisa. You are welcome to visit me anytime. I’d be glad to show you around the town. This is the first time I have left my home and traveled such a long way to Harbin to study English. Everything here is new and exciting to me and I’m really impressed with the spirit of initiative. I hope I can get used to it soon with your kind help. I’m looking forward to studying with you and becoming friends with you. When I was in college I liked walking around the beautiful campus talking with my friends. I
hope that when we have time I can share the same happy moments with you. Thank you. 15 、 Learning to Speak English is Physical Work Since English is not your native tongue, it’s difficult to pronounce certain sounds. That’s why you must develop the muscles of your speech organs to produce unfamiliar sounds. So when you read, it’s important to read as loudly as possible, as clearly as possible, and as quickly as possible. Tongue muscle training is crucial in learning any foreign language. Remember, you learn to swim by swimming. You learn to dance by dancing. You learn to drive by driving. You learn to play the piano by playing. So you can only learn to speak English by speaking 16. Why Can't Chinese students Speak English Well Many Chinese students who have learn English for years are still unable to speak English when they meet a foreigner .They seem to have mastered the basic language structure ,but a conversation in English makes them feel uneasy .They are afraid that other people might discover their mistakes . Many students who are bad speakers of English can write English perfectly .The center of the problem is that they lack practice and confidence . Why should you be afraid ? Do you fear foreigners? Speaking English is not really as hard as many students seem to think. They will not
laugh at you just for making a mistake.The best way to get rid of this problem is to learn to speak by speaking more. I am sure that constant practice will help you succeed.
1 . Make up your mind. 做个决定吧。 2. You’d better let her alone. 你最好是让她一个人呆会儿。 3. I hope you enjoy your stay with us. 我希望你能和我们过得愉快。 4. I’m fed up with my work! 我对工作烦死了! 5. Are you free this Saturday? 你这个星期六有空吗? 6. Keep in touch. 保持联络。 7. When was the last time you saw him? 你上次见到他是什么时候？ 8. It’s none of your business! 这不关你的事儿! 9. Anything else? 还要别的吗? 10. Keep your temper under control.
不要发脾气。 11. Talking with you is a pleasure. 和你谈话很愉快。 12. I count you as one of my friends. 我把你算作我的一个朋友。 13. I’ll call a taxi in case of need. 如果需要的话，我会叫出租车的。 14. Let’s divide the cake into three. 我们将蛋糕分成三份吧。 15. I’m on a diet. 我在节食。 16. The boy was too nervous to speak. 那男孩紧张得说不出话来。 17. Beyond all questions you are right. 毫无疑问，你是对的。 18. Come to see me whenever you like. 你可以随时来见我。 19. I’ve done everything in my power to solve this crisis. 我已经尽力解决这次危机了。 20. She is poor but quite respectable. 她虽穷，人品却很端正。
21. I just made it! 我做到了! 22. Let’s take a short break for lunch. 让我们休息一会儿，去吃午饭。 23. What he likes best is making jokes. 他最喜欢开玩笑。 24. You should have a mind of your own. 你应该有自己的主见。 25. I wonder whether the story is true. 我怀疑那故事是不是真的。 26. I can’t help it. 我情不自禁。 27. So far, so good. 目前还不错。 28. This joke has gone a little too far. 这个玩笑开得有点过分了。 29. I don’t mean it. 我不是故意的。 30. We often call him by his nickname. 我们经常叫他的绰号。 31. We see eye to eye on this problem. 我们在这个问题上看法完全一致。
32. It’s against the law. 这是违法的。 33. That’s the funniest joke I’ve ever heard. 那是我听到过的最有趣的笑话。 34. You don’t need to be so nervous. 你没必要这么紧张。 35. I haven’t seen you for ages. 我好久没见到你了。 36. You really look sharp today. 你今天真漂亮。 37. Plenty of sleep is healthful. 充足的睡眠有益于健康。 38. Grow old along with me; the best is yet to be. 执子之手，与子偕老。 39. I’m an office worker. 我是上班族。 40. I’m in a hurry! 我在赶时间! 41. I like your sense of humor. 我喜欢你的幽默感。 42. I feel like sleeping/ taking a walk. 我想睡觉/散步。
43. I would like to talk to you for a minute. 我想和你谈一下。 44. I highly recommend this article to you. 我向你强烈推荐这篇文章。 45. Let me explain why I was late. 让我解释迟到的原因。 46. Are you sure you can come by at nine? 你确定你九点能来吗？ 47. Could you do me a big favor? 能否请你帮我个忙？ 48. Well, it depends. 噢，这得看情况。 49. I enjoy working with you very much. 我很喜欢和你一起工作。 50. To be honest with you, I’ve never been to Beijing. 老实说，我从未到过北京。 51. Let’s get together for lunch. 让我们一起吃顿午餐吧。 52. How was your date? 你的约会怎么样？ 53. I have the right to know.
我有权知道。 54. That makes no difference. 没什么区别。 55. Bottoms up! 干杯(见底)! 56. You’re really killing me! 真是笑死我了! 57. I’m sorry that you didn’t get the job. 很遗憾，你没有得到那份工作。 58. I tried losing weight, but nothing worked. 我曾试着减肥，但是毫无效果。 59. I’ll just play it by ear. 我到时随机应变。 60. It’s not as hot as it was yesterday. 今天不像昨天那么热。 61. Is everything under control? 一切都在掌握之中吗？ 62. It’s too good to be true! 好得难以置信。 63. May I have your attention, please? 请大家注意一下。 64. I’m all mixed up.
我全搞混了。 65. I’m pressed for time. 我时间紧迫。 66. We have thirty minutes to kill. 我们有三十分钟的空闲时间。 67. Let’s give him a big hand. 让我们给他一个热烈的掌声。 68. He’s behind the times. 他落伍了。 69. I’m feeling under the weather. 我觉得不舒服。 70. Let me tell you the story of my experiences. 让我告诉你们我的 亲身经历吧。 71. Don’t get me wrong. 别误会我。 72. Are you pulling my leg? 你在开我玩笑吧？ 73. It slipped my mind. 我忘了。 74. The homework took me a whole day. 做家庭作业花了我一整 天的时间。 75. I can’t come up with it. 我想不出来。 76. For the time being. 暂时。 77. Do you have any openings? 你们有空缺吗？ 78. It’s a pain in the neck. 那真是麻烦的事。 79. Would you care for a cup of coffee? 要杯咖啡么？ 80. When is the most convenient time for you? 你什么时间最方 便？ 81. Stay out of this matter, please. 请别管这件事。 82. Don’t just shake your head. 别只是摇头，想想办法！
83. That was a lousy movie. 那电影真是糟透了。 84. Don’t underestimate me. 不要低估我。 85. Can I be sure of a profit if I invest? 我要是投资，肯定能获利 吗？ 86. You should be punctual for appointments. 你应该准时赴约。 87. You can’t tell anybody by what they seem. 你不能凭外表判断 人。 88. Are you in the mood to listen to music? 你有兴致听音乐会 吗？ 89. I’m afraid you don’t see my point. 恐怕你没有明白我的意思。 90. Just to be on the safe side. 为了安全起见。 91. It won’t take much time. 不会花很多时间的。 92. He is up to his ears in debt. 他债台高筑。 93. I hope I didn’t offend you. 希望我没惹你生气。 94. He gave her his word that he would never be late again. 他对她保证再也不迟到了 95. It’s the hottest day I’ve had so far. 这是迄今为止我经历的最热的一天。 96. It seemed as if there was no way out. 看情形似乎没有出路了。 97. Can you adapt yourself to the new job? 你能适应新的工作吗?
98. Don’t be uneasy about the consequence. 不必为后果忧虑不安。 99. Susan read so much that she can talk intelligently about almost any topic. 苏珊读过很多书，以至于她可以明智地谈论几乎任何话题。 100. He set up a fine example to all of us. 他为我们树立了一个好榜样。 101. I don’t care whether it rains or not. 我不管天会不会下雨。 102. All my best memories come back clearly to me; some can even make me cry. 所有美好的记忆又在我脑海清晰地浮现了，有些甚至还令我哭 泣。 103. I have a lot in common with my sister. 我和我姐姐有很多相同之处。 104. You mean you paid only five dollars for that huge stack of books? 你的意思是，你只花了 5 美元就买了那么一大堆书？ 105. It is an excellent novel in every way. 无论从哪方面来看，这都是一本优秀的小说。 106. Nothing but death can part the couple. 除了死之外，什么也拆不散这一对。
107. I want this work finished before you go home, and I’ll have no ifs or buts from any of you. 我想你们在回家之前完成这项工作， 我不想从你们那里听到任何 推脱的结果。 108. She was injured badly in the accident. 她在这次意外中受到重伤。 109. The secret was spread among the crowd. 秘密在人群当中传播开来。 110. Never before have I heard the professor gave such an interesting lecture. 我从来都没听过那个教授那么有趣的讲座。 111. It was a lazy, breezy autumn afternoon. 这是一个懒散的，起风的秋日下午。 112. There is hope so long as he is with us. 只要他在就有希望。 113. If I had known her telephone number, I would have called her. 如果我知道她的电话号码的话，我就给她打电话了。 114. Manners are quite different from country to country. 各国的礼仪各不相同。 115. It is no matter whether you get there early or late. 你早到晚到都没有关系。
116. It’s against the rules to handle the ball in soccer. 在足球中以手触球就是犯规。 117. What I want to do is different from those of others. 我想做的与别人不同。 118. If I hadn’t got a cold, I’d be working instead of lying here in bed. 如果我没得感冒，我会去工作而不是躺在床上。 119. As far as policy is concerned, I have to say something. 谈到政策，我得说几句。 120. If he had not broken his tooth, he would not be in hospital now. 如果他没有把牙齿弄坏，现在就不在医院了。 121. Mary never wakes up before her alarm goes off. 玛丽在闹钟响之前从来不会醒来。 122. How cheerful the room looks with so many flowers! 布满花的房间看起来多么令人愉快呀！ 123. We’ll probably be late for the concert, won’t we? 我们可能去演唱会迟到了，不是吗？ 124. There is not a single cloud in the sky this afternoon. 今天下午天空上一片云彩也没有。 125. The last person I want to see is Shelley. 我最不想见到的人就是雪莉。 126. Please don’t take offense. I only want to tell you what I think.
请别生气，我只是想告诉你我的想法。 127. I’ve always tried not to interfere in your affairs. 我总是尽量不干涉你的事情。 128. When life gives you a hundred reasons to cry, show life that you have a thousand reasons to smile. 当生活给你 100 个伤心的原因， 你就还它 1000 个微笑的理由。 129. I’ve never been able to figure him out. 我一直不能理解他。 130. This soup would taste better if it had more salt in it. 如果多放点盐，这汤会更好喝的。 131. Do you have any idea on this subject? 对于这个题目你有何看法？ 132. Not only did I forget my train ticket, but I also forget my passport. 我不仅忘了带火车票，还忘了带护照。 133. The sight of such a beautiful girl took Tony’s breath away. 看到如此美丽的女孩，托尼目瞪口呆。 134. We have not agreed on the price yet. 我们对于价格的意见尚未一致。 135. We were waiting for a sight of the Queen. 我们正等着一睹女王的风采。
136. This is the book that I promised to lend you. 这就是我答应借给你的那本书。 137. There is no sense in going by boat when the plane is just as cheap and much quicker. 既然乘飞机和坐船一样便宜而且快得多， 那么就没有理由要去坐 船。 138. Not only did he make a promise, but he also kept it. 他不仅许下诺言，而且还遵守了。 139. The people at the party were worried about Janet because no one was aware of where she had gone. 参加聚会的人们都为珍妮特担心，因为没人知道她去哪里了。 140. He has room in his heart to consider kindly even his enemies. 他心胸开阔，甚至对他的敌人也心存善心。 141. If you do not do the thing you fear, the fear will control your life. 如果你不敢做令你害怕的事情，恐惧就会占据你的生命！ 142. Among those people that appear in our life, some are to teach us, some to comfort us, some to share and some to love. 在我们生命中出现的人，有的是教导我们，有的治愈我们,
有的和我们分担分享，有的用来珍爱。 143.I don’t really remember what it was like when I first went camping. 我不太记得我第一次露营的情形是怎样的了。 144.I just can’t get along with my new roommate. 我和我的新室友真是相处不来。 145.My mother tell me not to make a mess while she is out. 妈妈嘱咐我不要在她外出时把家里弄得一团糟。 146.I didn’t expect him to become a successful entrepreneur. 我没有想到他会成为一个成功的企业家。 147.He said he could not put up with the boring atmosphere of the meeting. 他说他受不了会议里那沉闷的气氛。 148.The bus is too slow; we might as well take a taxi. 公共汽车太慢了，我们还是打车好了。 149.He missed the train, in other words, he could not make it for the meeting. 他错过了火车，也就是说，他不能出席会议了。 150.To be honest, I can’t stand spicy food. 坦白说，我不能吃辣的。 151.Getting high marks is the main reason why some students cheat on exams.
想拿高分是一些学生考试作弊的主要原因。 152. This is one reason why his father disappeared suddenly. 这就是为什么他父亲突然失踪的一个原因。 153. What do you do in your free time apart from watching TV? 你在空闲时间除了看电视以外还做什么？ 154. The little boy came up with a new idea for reducing the noise. 那个小男孩想出了一个减少噪音的新办法。 155. Many people often regard money as the root of crime. 很多人把金钱看作是犯罪的根源。 156. I can drop you off at school. It’s not out of the way. 我可以载你到学校，那儿并不远。 157. There are nothing but bars and restaurants down that street. 那条街上只有酒吧和饭馆。 158. It sounds like a good idea to go swimming this afternoon. 今天下午去游泳听起来是个不错的主意。 159. I’d like to talk to a doctor about this problem. 我想找个医生谈谈这个问题。 160. I wonder if you could drive me to the library. 你能载我去图书馆吗？ 161. Are there any more questions on today’s lesson? 对今天这节课还有什么问题吗？ 162. My plane is supposed to arrive at 3 p.m..
我搭乘的飞机应该下午 3 点到。 163. I hate to tell you this, but I cannot go with you tomorrow. 164. . Don’t get angry about it. It’s not such a big deal. 别生气，这没什么大不了的。 165. Sometimes I just run out of patience. 有时候我只是失去了耐心。 166. It would be much better if my parents could attend my commencement. 如果我的父母能够参加我的毕业典礼就更好了 167. Have you gotten over your cold? 你感冒好了吗？ 168. What a pleasant surprise running into you. 碰见你真是太棒 了！ 169. I must have seen you somewhere before. 我一定在哪里见过 你。 170. I’m sorry, but I’ve got to be on my way. 很抱歉， 我必须走了。 171. I think exactly the same way. 我也正是这样想的。 172. You have every reason to be proud of it. 你有足够的理由为此 感到骄傲。 173. You’ve got a point there. 你的话很有道理。 174. You look nice in your new shirt. 你穿这件新衬衫挺好看的。 175. You are coming along well. 你进展得很好。 176. I’m so happy with you in this starry night.
在这样布满星星的晚上和你在一起我无限幸福。 177. How did the test turn out? 考试结果怎样？ 178. She won the first place in the speech contest. 她在演讲比赛中 获得第一名。 179. I’m in charge of the sales department. 我主管销售部。 180. I’m fresh out of college. 我刚从大学毕业。 181. I know all the ins and outs of the business. 我知道关于这件事 所有的详情 182.As a matter of fact, I was crazy about English years ago. 事实上，我多年前就对英语着迷了。 183.Be in a good mood, so that you’ll have a happy day. 请保持心情开朗，那样你就会度过快乐的一天。 184.As long as we work together, we can make the impossible possible. 只要我们一起努力，我们就能把不可能变为可能。 185.The two concepts have a lot in common. 这两个观念具有许多相同的地方。 186.He has gotten into the habit of staying up at night. 他养成了熬夜的习惯。 187.I was wondering if you were doing anything this weekend. 我想知道这个周末你有什么事情要做。 188.I didn’t realize how much this meant to you
我不知道这个对你的意义有这么大。 189.It really depends on who is in charge. 那纯粹要看谁负责了。 190.How long will it take to get to your house? 到你家要多久？ 191. Can you imagine how much he paid for that car? 你能想象他买那辆车花了多少钱吗？ 192. That’s the funniest joke I’ve ever heard. 那是我听过的最有趣的笑话。 193. The difference between men and women is enormous. 男女之间的差别很大。 194. I’ve done everything in my power to solve this crisis. 我已经尽全力解决这次危机了。 195. There is a lack of confidence in your voice. 你说话的声音缺乏自信。 196. The fear of failure kept him from trying. 因为害怕失败，他不敢去尝试。 197. I came here for the purpose of seeing you. 我来这里是为了见你。 198. I’m not satisfied with the way he cut my hair. 我不满意他把我的头发剪成这个样子。
199. The book’s name is on the tip of my tongue, but I just can’t get it out. 那本书的书名就在我嘴边了，可我就是说不出来。 200. Sorry I can’t help; I’m totally engaged in my work. 对不起，我帮不上忙，我的时间都被工作占去了。 201. In spite of great efforts, we failed to carry out our plan. 尽管我们做出了巨大努力，但是还是没能完成计划。 202. I’m so impressed by your fluent English. 你那流利的英语给我留下了深刻的印象。 203. They asked Tony to leave; in other words, he was fired. 他们请托尼走人，换句话说，托尼被解雇了。 204. Under no circumstances will I make such a mistake again! 我决不会再犯那样的错误了！ 205. I have no doubt that this movie will be the most popular one. 我毫不怀疑这将会成为最受欢迎的电影。 206. I never thought I would be working for an international company. 我从未想过会在一家国际化公司工作。 207. Please don’t hesitate to ask me about anything. 有什么事情请尽管问我。 208. Always keep in mind that you’re loved by many people. 时刻记住：你是受人关爱的。
209. It’s hard to believe that we haven’t seen each other for 10 years. 真不敢相信，我们竟有十年没见过面了。 210. The last thing I wanted was to add more pressure to your life. 我最不希望做的事情就是给你的生活增加压力。 211. What was your most memorable experience in China? 你在中国最难忘的经历是什么？ 212. What did you specialize in? 你主修哪个专业？ 213. What courses are you planning to take? 你打算修哪些课程？ 214.She received three grants to help pay for college. 她拿了三份奖学金来支付大学费用。 215. This course sounds really interesting. 这门课听起来真有意 思！ 216.At the end of every term, most students are guilty of cramming for the final exams. 每学期期末， 大部分学生都会为自己期末考试前突击复习而感到 内疚。 217. I’ve got my finals in two months. 我两个月后要参加期末考 试。 218. I’ve got my results. 我知道成绩了。 219. I’m terrible at taking exams. 我很害怕考试。 220. I’ll have to re-sit the exam next term. 我下个学期要重考。
221. I guess I just didn’t revise hard enough. 我猜我大概是复习得 不充分。 222. I see what you mean, but I can’t agree with you. 我懂你说的意思，但是我不能同意你。 223.This is a small gift. I hope you will like it. 小小礼物，希望你会喜欢。 224.How long did it take you to finish this job? 你完成这件工作花了多长时间？ 225.I guess this book will be a best seller. 我想这本书一定会成为畅销书的。 226.If I play my best, I can win anywhere in the world against anybody. 如果我尽了最大的努力，那么我可以在任何地方打败任何人。 227.As a matter of fact, I think he is outstanding. 事实上，我认为他很杰出。 228.If you buy our products, your satisfaction will be absolutely guaranteed. 如果你购买我们的产品，你一定会非常满意。 229.How much time do you study each night? 你每天晚上学习多长时间？ 230.Study and get ready. Someday your chance will come. 做好准备，某天你的机会就来了。
231.This is my first term in the university. 这是我在大学里的第一个学期。 232.You’ll hurt her feelings if you forget her birthday. 如果你不记得她的生日，她会很伤心的。 233.The headmaster got all the teachers together. 校长召集了所有的老师。 234.I can never remember grammar rules. Sentences are a better way to learn grammar. 我永远都记不住语法规则。句子是学语法的更好途径。 235.I’m supposed to meet my friend at McDonald’s in an hour. 我应该一小时后在麦当劳见我的朋友。 236.John was eager for an opportunity to advance in his company. 约翰渴望在他的公司里有升职的机会。 237.Could you possibly help me solve the problem? 你能不能帮我解决这个问题？ 238.Solving this problem is my top priority. I’m giving it my full attention. 解决这个问题是我最优先考虑的事。我要全力以赴。 239.Am I allowed to park the car outside the supermarket? 我可以把车停在超市的外面吗？ 240.We had a marvelous time at the barbecue party in the garden.
我们在花园里面开了烧烤会，过得很开心。 241.He always takes a walk after dinner. 晚饭后，他总是去散步。 242.I ought to wash my laundry now. 我现在得洗我的衣服了。 243.This kind of sport is becoming more and more popular. 这种运动越来越流行了。 244.Later we learned that there was a very important person on board. 后来我们才听说，飞机上有位非常重要的人物。 245.I would help you if I could. 如果我能帮你的话我会帮的。 246.I could have understood the speech better if it were in Chinese. 如果演讲用中文的话，我可能会听的更明白。 247.I’m thinking about moving to another room. This one is too small. 我在考虑搬到另一间房间，这一间太小了。 248.I looked through the newspaper but I could not find any report on the accident. 我把报纸读了个遍，也没有找到任何关于那次车祸的报道。 249.He is having a conversation with a stranger.
他在和一个陌生人谈话。 250.Imitate the sound you hear on the tape, and soon your pronunciation will be perfect. 模仿磁带上的声音，你的发音很快就会变得完美。 251.My flight will arrive at five past nine tonight. 我的飞机今晚九点零五分到达。 252.Did you buy your hi-fi in nineteen ninety-five? 你的组合音响是 1995 年买的吗? 253.Tom is an employee in a joint venture. 汤姆是合资企业里的一名雇员。 254.He had no choice but to resign his appointment. 他别无选择，只有辞职。 255.Let me propose a toast to Mr. Smith. 我提议，让我们为史密斯先生干杯！ 256.I don’t know if his proposal is feasible. 我不知道他的建议是否可行。 257.Please give me a towel; I want to take a shower. 请给我一条毛巾，我想洗一个澡。 258.He finally found out how much the house would cost. 他终于知道了那房子要花多少钱。 259.The atmosphere here is very clear.
这里的空气很纯净。 260.I’m serious, my dear. Don’t interfere with me when I’m working. 亲爱的，我是说真的，我工作的时候别打扰我。 261.We have to walk upstairs because the elevator is not working. 电梯不能用了，我们得爬楼梯了。 262.Sometimes it hurts when you wear a new pair of shoes. 有时穿新鞋子脚会痛。 263.You have to make sure your investments are secure. 你得确保你的投资是安全的。 264.I was furious when the insurance company canceled my policy. 保险公司取消了我的保单时，我非常生气。 265.Would you please help me prepare for the party? 你能帮我准备聚会吗？ 266.Playing sports is the most popular pastime in my country. 运动在我国是最流行的消遣方式。 267.Bill broke his promise again. I won’t believe him anymore. 比尔又失信了，我再也不会相信他了。 268.Don’t copy my work or we’ll both get into trouble. 别抄袭我的功课，否则我们俩都会有麻烦。 269.Do you want to take a bus or take a taxi? 你是想坐公共汽车还是打的士？
270.A guy met a very pretty woman and was tongue-tied. 一个男人遇上了一位美丽的女人，紧张得说不出话来。 271.I don’t like cold noodles. They don’t taste good. 我不喜欢冷面条，它们的味道不好。 272.I didn’t want to take my Dad’s advice. 我不想听我爸的建议。 273.I couldn’t catch a taxi because of the rain. 因为下雨，我很难打到的士。 274.I can’t turn my back on him when he needs help. 在他需要帮助的时候，我不能不管。 275.I’m beginning to get hungry. Give me some eggs please. 我开始感觉饿了，请给我一些鸡蛋。 276.I’m very grateful for the help you’ve given me. 我非常感谢你对我的帮助。 277. Life is beautiful, but it’s not always sweet. 生活是美丽的，但并不总是一帆风顺的。 278. I won’t have free time before this tough job is finished. 我要到完成这个艰巨的工作之后才会有空闲时间。 279.Serving and giving makes a person valuable. 服务和给予使一个人有价值。 280.We revised the book several times before publishing it. 我们在出书之前进行了几次修订。
281.Hey, your pace is too slow! Walk faster or we’ll miss the bus. 嘿，你走得太慢了！快点，要不就错过公交了。 282.Her new song was a hit and spread fast among the students. 她的新歌很成功，很快在学生中流传开来。 283.I do lots of physical exercise every day. 我每天做很多运动。 284.She desires to succeed in business at any cost. 她渴望在商业上成功，不惜任何代价。 285.To be an international Chinese, you must speak good English. 要做个国际化的中国人，你得说一口流利的英语。 286.You should appreciate your children. Don’t pressure them too much. 你应该欣赏你的孩子，不要给他们太大压力 287.I want to say that it’s been a pleasure teaching you this semester. 我想说的是，给你们上课的这学期，我非常的开心。 288.She usually stays at home and watches television in her leisure time. 她空闲时间经常呆在家里看电视。 289.We both think he’s telling the truth. 我们都认为他讲的是真话。 290.Our path in life will not always smooth. 我们的人生之路不会永远平坦。
291.I know you better than he does. 我比他更了解你。 292.They are trying their best to smooth relations between the two countries. 他们尽全力缓和两国之间的关系。 293.He has lots of head, but not much heart. 他很有头脑，但是没什么同情心。 294.I had a horrible headache after drinking too much. 由于喝了太多酒，我头痛得厉害。 295.We read the newspaper to stay current with the world. 我们通过读报纸来跟上世界的变化。 296.I racked my brain, trying to remember her telephone number. 我绞尽脑汁，想记住她的电话号码。 297.Teaching young children is a challenging and rewarding job. 教幼儿是一项既有挑战性又值得做的工作。 298.You’d have a better chance of catching the train if you took a bus to the station instead of walking. 如果你不是步行而是乘公共汽车的话， 那你就比较有可能赶上火 车。 299.Jim is always generous to his friends. He is the nicest guy I’ve ever known.
吉姆对朋友总是很慷慨，他是我所认识的最好的家伙。 300.The seriousness of the situation has been greatly exaggerated in the press. 形式的严重性让媒体夸大了。 301.Sam makes many mistakes in his homework. 山姆在作业中犯了很多错误。 302.I’m supposed to meet the management of this company at 10 a.m.. 我上午 10 点应与公司的管理人员见面。 303.Personally, I don’t think the plan can work. 就个人而言，我认为这个计划不会起作用。 304.Don’t be so sensitive. That’s not what I mean. 别这么敏感，我不是这个意思。 305.How long have you been learning English? 你学了多久英语？ 306.I don’t think it’s wise for you to use such strong language in your report. 我认为你在报告中使用这样强烈的措辞是不明智的。 307.It’s not likely that Lucy will be at the library. 露西不可能会在图书馆。 308.She played a leading role in getting the business started. 启动这一事业她起了主要作用。
309.Our trip to America was very fruitful and unforgettable. 我们的美国之行硕果累累。 310.The football match didn’t begin until twelve o’clock. 足球比赛到十二点才开始。 311.We were waiting for him to go swimming. 我们在等他去游泳。 312.I wonder whether he will be able to work it out. 我不知道他是不是能够解决这个问题。 313.Do you mind if I use your computer for a while? 你是否介意我用一下你的电脑？ 314.I have been studying at New York University for a few years. 我在纽约大学学习了几年。 315.I was tricked into signing the contract. 我被骗签了那份合同。 316.It’s a tradition to play tricks on people on April 1st. 在四月一日作弄人是一个传统习俗。 317.We should drink plenty of water because it’s so dry. 天气这么干燥，我们应该多喝点水。 318.Bill Gates dropped out of Harvard University at the age of nineteen. 比尔.盖茨在十九岁时从哈佛大学中途退学了。
319.Everyone needs a few good friends with whom they can share their thoughts and secrets. 每个人都需要几个好朋友一起分享自己的想法和秘密。 320.Improving your study habits will improve your grades! 改善你的学习习惯，你就可以提高你的成绩！
copyright ©right 2010-2020。