两情若是久长时, 又岂在朝朝暮暮。 Eternal love between us two, Shall withstand the time apart.
True or false
1. The girl Li Fang loved and
waited for didn’t turn up. But he didn’t lose heart. F The girl Li Fang loved and waited for didn’t turn up. So he lost heart, because he would drown his sadness in coffee.
2. Because her most lovely granddaughter got married to a human secretly, the Goddess got very angry. T 3. Zhinu was made to return to Heaven without her husband. They were allowed to meet once a year on the seventh day of the tenth lunar month. F
Zhinu was made to return to Heaven
without her husband. They were
allowed to meet once a year on the seventh day of the seventh lunar month. 4. Hu Jin had been waiting for Li Fang for a long time with a gift for him. T
Answer the questions
1. Why did Li Fang feel like a fool? Because he thought that he was waiting without hope/that Hu Jin would not come to meet him. 2. What was Li Fang afraid that Hu Jin was doing? He was afraid that she was with her friends laughing at him.
3. How did Li Fang know the manager wanted to shut the coffee shop? The manager wiped the tables and then sat down and turned on the TV. 4. Why do people want the weather to be fine on Qiqiaojie? People want the weather to be fine so they can meet the one they love.
5. What is the reason why Li Fang
and Hu Jin did not meet on time?
They did not meet on time
because Li Fang waited in the coffee
shop and Hu Jin waited in the tea
6. Why was Li Fang so worried at the
end of the story? He was worried because he had thrown away the gifts for Hu Jin--the chocolates and roses so he had nothing to give her and he thought she would not forgive him.
7.Why was the TV story what Li Fang needed? The TV story was a sad story about lost love---the same situation as Li Fang.
1. But she didn’t turn up.
1) 来, 出席(某活动)
I’m very happy you turned up so early. 2) 把(收音机等)音量开大一些, 其 反义短语是turn down.
Turn up the radio a little, I can scarcely hear the program. 相关短语:
turn down 拒绝 turn off 关掉 turn on 打开 turn out 结果是...... turn to sb. for help 向某人求助 turn in/back/against/away/over
2. She said she would be there at seven o’clock, and he thought she would keep her word. keep one’s word 意为“守信 用”,其反义词是break one’s word, 即“失信”。 He is a man who always keeps his word.
Don’t break your word,
otherwise, no one will trust you. 注意：keep one’s word和break one’s word中的名词word不能用复数
相关短语： in a word/in short/to be short 简言之；总之
have a word with sb.与某人谈话
have words with sb.与某人发生口角
in other words换句话说
eat one’s word get in a word
A gentleman should always __ his __.
A. keeps; word B. B keep; word C. keeps; words D. keep; words
3. It was obvious that the manager of the coffee shop was waiting for Li Fang to leave... obvious adj. 明显的， 清楚的 1) obvious + to + 表示人的名词或代词 Her disappointment was obvious to her friend.
2) It + be + obvious +that-clause It was obvious that she was in danger. It is obvious that you are wrong.
4. When the Goddess of Heaven knew that her daughter was married to a human, she ...
She married with a lawyer. F She married a doctor. T
用marry sb.，而不用marry with sb.
2) 她和一位律师结婚了。 She got married with a lawyer. F She got married a lawyer. F She was married to a lawyer. T
表示婚姻状态, 后接宾语时要用介 词to， 而不用with. 3) 他们结婚三年了。 They have married for three years. They have got married for three years. They have been married for three years.
They got married three years ago. It’s three years since they got married. 注意：marry和get married 都表示短
暂行为，不能和表示一段时间的短语连 用，而have been married则表示婚姻
5. As Li Fang set off for home, he
set off: 动身, 出发; 使（地雷、炸弹）
Tom and his father set off for America yesterday. The bomb set off among the crowd.
A woman’ beauty is set off by her clothes and jewellery.
set about doing sth. 着手（做某事）
set out to do sth./set out
set somebody to do something.
set somebody doing something
6. I don’t want them to remind me of her. remind vi. 提醒，使想起 remind sb. of sth.
remind sb. to do sth. remind sb. that What you said just now ____ me of that American professor. A. mentioned B. informed C. reminded C D. memorized
7…made the weaving girl return to Heaven.
The boss made them work day and night.
(They were made to work day and night.)
His parents managed to make their son examimed in the hospital.
8.hold one’s breath屏息 take breath
take one’s breath away
at a breath in the same breath out of breath 9. drown one’s sadness in coffee/drink 10. wipe off/down/out/up
11. forgive+doing sth.
forgive sb. for (doing) sth.
Please forgive him for his being rude/rudeness.
Go over the texts after class and
try to preview Speaking Task and
Writing Task on Page 46.
copyright ©right 2010-2020。