大田一中 2015 年寒假（2）
高 一 英 语
建议作答时间：120 分钟 班 级： 姓 名： 第 Ⅰ 卷（选择题，共 100 分） 一、听力(共 20 小题；每小题 1.5 分，满分 30 分) 1. Who will the man call? A. John. 2. B. Christine. C. Emory. 号 数：
/>What instrument did Mario use to play? A. The violin. B. The piano. C. The drums.
What did the man see? A. A kite. B. A robot. C. A cat.
What are the speakers talking about? A. A student. B. The teachers. C. Bad behavior.
How will the woman go to the museum? A. By taxi. B. By bus. C. By subway.
6. What did the man do during the weekend? A. He watched TV. B. He went to the cinema. C. He visited his parents.
7. What does the woman think about the man's roommate? A. He's not clever. 8. Who had an accident? A. A patient B. The doctor. C. The woman. B. He's strange. C. He's bright.
9. What was the cause of the accident? A. Careless driving. B. Strong winds. 10. Why did the doctor walk to the house? A. He knew it was his patient's house. B. He intended to use the telephone. C. He received the woman's call. 11. What kind of room did the man reserve? A. A double room with a shower.
C. The icy road
B. A single room with a shower. C. A single room with air conditioning. 12. What would he like to do in the morning? A. Read newspapers. 13. What day is today? A. Saturday. B. Thursday. C. Tuesday. B. Go swimming. C. Go jogging.
14. Why did Jack buy an old car? A. It's cheap. B. It's a collectors' item. C. It's in such good condition.
15. When was Jack's car made? A. In the 1940s. B. In the 1950s. C. In the 1960s.
16. What does Jack plan to do with it? A. Resell it. B. Replace its engine. C. Enter it some shows.
17. What's the talk mainly about? A. Traditional libraries. B. The importance of the Internet.
C. The good things about the Internet and the library. 18. What helps us find books easily on the Internet? A. The search engine. B. Different microblogs. C. Sending emails.
19. What does the speaker say about the library? A. It offers a different kind of experience. B. It's more convenient and quicker. C. It has many more books than the Internet. 20. What can be inferred from the talk? A. The Internet will replace libraries some day. B. Fewer and fewer people read in the library. C. The internet and the library are both attractive in their own ways. 二、阅读理解（共两节，满分 40 分） 第一节 (共 15 小题；每小题 2 分，满分 30 分) 阅读下列短文，从每题所给的四个选项(A、B、C 和 D)中,选出最佳选项。 A I’m sure you know the song “Happy Birthday”. But do you know who wrote the song and for whom it wa s written?
The retired professor, Archibald A. Hill in Lousciville, USA could tell us the story. Ninety-seven years ago, two of Mr. Archibald Hill’s aunts, Miss Patty Hill and Miss Mildred Hill were asked to write some songs for a book called “Song Storied for the Sunday Morning”. Miss Patty Hill and Miss Mildred Hill were both kindergarten teachers then. They loved children very much and wrote many beautiful songs for the book. One of them was the famous “Good Morning to You.” The song said, “Good morning to you, good morning to you, dear children, good morning to all.” This song was very popular at that time among kindergarten children. But not many grown-ups knew it. A few years later little Archibald was born. As his aunt, Miss Patty Hill sang the song “Happy Birthday” to the melody(曲调) of “Good Morning to you” to her little nephew(侄子). She sang the song like this: Happy birthday to you! Happy birthday to you! Happy birthday, dear Archie! Happy birthday to you! Miss Patty Hill and her sister had never expected that this song would become so popular, but it really did. People all over the world like the song because of its simplicity in tune and friendliness in words. 1. Archibald A. Hill was ________. A. English B. American C. Russian D. Australian
2. Professor Archibald A. Hill was Miss Mildred Hill’s ______. A. son B. student C. brother D. nephew
3. The song “Happy Birthday” has a history of _______ years. A. 97 B. more than 90 C. less than 90 D. about 90
4. The sentence “it really did” means _______. A. The song really became popular B. Their wish would really come true C. People all over the world like to listen to the song D. Yes, but the song didn’t become popular B "My life is full of drama and I won't have time to worry about something as petty（琐碎的）as what I look like." Not words you'd expect from a superstar. But being ordinary is exactly what makes British singer-songwriter Adele so extraordinary. Adele 一 full name Adele Laurie Blue Adkins 一 has had countless number one hits and has broken three Guinness “don't make music fur eye, make music for ears.” Records, including being the first female singer to spend 11 straight weeks at UK number one with the album, “21” Her popularity goes across the Atlantic. At the American Music Awards in November, she earned three prizes for best female pop artist, best album with “21”， and top adult modern performer.
Adele was born in north London, and still speaks with a typical London accent. Her chatty London girl attitude has had its weakness. She recently had to cancel a tour because of a vocal（声带）problem. She told the Sun that the root of the problem was "because I was talking too much". Adele started writing songs at the age of 15 when she bought herself a guitar. She recorded three songs for a class project and posted them on myspace.com. The songs were spotted by a record company, and her career kicked off. Adele has her own tips for singing: "it's more impressive, somehow, if you don't try to impress", she said. "Be natural with it. Say it straight." Despite her fame, Adele still holds onto her personality. Though some have criticized her body shape, Adele has said that she doesn't like going to the gym. "I like eating fine foods and drinking nice wine," she told Rolling Stone magazine. Adele is now number nine in the Sunday Times Rich List for British music stars under the age of 30. Despite this, she remains the same as ever. In a recent interview with the Telegraph, she described how she enjoys her success: "Money doesn't matter to me-I've never had it. I give a lot to Great Ormond Street Hospital, monthly... It's important to me that I give, because people always helped me and my mom out when we needed it." 5. According to the author, what makes Adele so unusual is that A. she is ordinary C. she cares about the look B. she has a lot of famous songs D. her life is full of drama
6. Which of the following is NOT true about the honors Adele won? A. She has broken 3 Guinness Records. B. Her album 21 was number one in UK for 11 weeks. C. She earned 3 prizes for best album 21 in USA. D. She was awarded top adult modern performer in USA. 7. The underlined words kicked off in the 4th paragraph probably mean A. kicked a goal B. began C. was discovered ．
D. remained the same
8. Which of the following can show Adele's personality? A. She still speaks with her London accent. B. She doesn't like her body shape. C. She likes drinking wine too much. D. She is tired of going to the gym. C AAAGH! The Generation 90s is coming!
Wearing earphones, using complex Net language and constantly text messaging friends, the Gen-90s following the Gen-80s begin to make their world debut （初次登台） ． Each generation or age group has its own symbols and lifestyle．Read on and judge for yourselves if you fit the Gen-90s group． Earphones These little devices seem to grow on the heads of the Gen-90s．They might lead to MP3, MP4 or MP101 players, giving these young people a plugged-in, cool and perhaps self-addicted（自恋的） look, of course, life is not always music to the ears． Martian language They have created their own code-like online language．It’s a mixture of English, Japanese and Chinese that perhaps only Martians can understand．This is an imaginative generation, though they need to be careful to keep it out of their term papers． Self-Portrait Saying “cheese” to their own digital cameras is usual for this generation．A little bit of narcissism （自恋） never hurts anyone．It helps them reflect a little on their own lives．But be aware of the risks of posting private photos online． Text-messaging They can type their mobile phones as fast as they can speak ． This is a generation that respects efficiency．However, oral communication is important and will never go out of style． 9．According to the passage, if you belong to the Gen-90s , you will ____________ ． A．just appreciate yourself and ignore others’ strengths． B．like music and dance very much． C．have the same symbols and lifestyle of the Gen-80s． D．have your own symbols and lifestyle． 10．According to the text, the writer will choose ______ as a good example to the Gen-90． A．Zhang Chao is not only an imaginative boy but do everything efficiently． B．Li Hua likes music and always wearing ipod C．Lily is a shy girl and she doesn’t like making friends． D．Fang fang likes being taken photos and often posting them on line． 11．According to this passage, which is NOT true? A．They don’t use the cool and complex online language in formal writing．
B．They type their mobile phones so fast that it can catch the speed of speaking． C．Not all teens are cautious about posting photos． D．The Gen-90s have a preference for some music players, and even regard them as a necessary part of life． 12．The main idea of the passage is about________． A．the Gen-90s’ happy life B．the difference between the Gen-80s and the Gen-90s C．the Gen-90s’ unique lifestyle and some practical warnings D．the similarities between the Gen-80s and the Gen-90s D What will power your house in the future？Nuclear，wind，or solar power？According to scientists at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology(MIT)in the US，it might be leaves—but artificial(人造的)ones. Natural leaves are able to change sunlight and water into energy. It is known as photosynthesis(光合作用)．Now researchers have found a way to imitate this seemingly simple process. The artificial leaf developed by Daniel Nocera and his colleagues at MIT can be seen as a special silicon chip with catalysts(催化剂)．Similar to natural leaves，it can split water into hydrogen and oxygen when put into a bucket of water. The hydrogen and oxygen gases are then stored in a fuel cell，which uses those two materials to produce electricity，located either on top of a house or beside the house. Though the leaf is only about the shape of a poker card，scientists claimed that it is promising to be an inexpensive source of electricity in developing countries.” One can imagine villages in India and Africa not long from now purchasing an affordable basic power system based on this technology，”said Nocera at a conference of the American Chemical Society. The artificial leaf is not a new idea. The first artificial leaf was invented in 1997 but was too expensive and unstable for practical use. The new leaf， by contrast， is made of cheap materials， easy to use and highly stable. In laboratory studies，Nocera showed that an artificial leaf prototype(原型)could operate continuously for at least 45 hours without a drop in activity. The wonderful improvements come from Nocera's recent discovery of several powerful， new and inexpensive catalysts. These catalysts make the energy transformation inside the leaf more efficient with water and sunlight. Right now，the new leaf is about 10 times more efficient at carrying out photosynthesis than a natural one. Besides， the device can run in whatever water is available； that is， it doesn't need pure water. This is important for some countries that don't have access to pure water.
With the goal to “make each home its own power station” and “give energy to the poor”，scientists believe that the new technology could be widely used in developing countries，especially in India and rural China. 13．Which of the following orders correctly shows how the artificial leaf is used to produce electricity? a．artificial leaves split water into hydrogen and oxygen b．the hydrogen and oxygen gases are stored in a fuel cell c．the artificial leaves are put in water d．the fuel cell uses hydrogen and oxygen to produce electricity A．c，b，a，d B．c，a，b，d C．b，c，a，d D．c，a，d，b
14．The purpose of the scientists at MIT in developing the new artificial leaf is to________. A．build up more power stations in the world B．offer people in developing countries access to pure water C．provide cheaper energy for developing countries D．gain a deeper understanding of the photosynthesis process 15．The main idea of this passage is ________. A．an introduction to the history of artificial leaves B．an invention copying photosynthesis C．giving energy to the poor D．a mixture of water power and solar energy 第二节 阅读填空(共 5 小题;每小题 2 分,满分 10 分) 根据短文内容,从短文后的选项中选出能填入空白处的最佳选项。选项中有两项为多余选项。 Doctors in the United States say babies began learning on their first day of life. Research scientists at the institute note that babies are strongly influenced by their environment. They say a baby will smile if his mother does something the baby likes. 16 This is how babies learn to connect and communicate with other human
beings at the beginning of their life. 17 They say newborn babies can recognize and understand sounds they heard while they were still
developing in their mothers. The study shows that babies can learn before they are born. First of all, the researchers placed a tape recorder on the stomach of a pregnant woman. 18
On the day the baby was born, the researchers attempted to find if he knew the sounds of the story repeated while in his mother. 20 19
But if the baby moved his mouth the other way, he would hear a different story. The researchers say
the baby clearly liked the story he heard before he was born. They say the baby would move his mouth so he could hear the story again and again.
A .Then, they played a recording of a short story. B. The baby would hear the story if he moved his mouth one way. C. Researchers studied the children from the age of one month to three years. D. They did this by placing a piece of equipment in the mouth of the newborn baby. E. Many experts say the first years of a child’s life are important for all later development. F. A baby learns to get the best care possibly by smiling to please his mother or other caregiver(s). G. The American researchers say this ability to learn about sounds exists in a baby even before birth. 三、完形填空（共 20 小题；每题 1.5 分，满分 30 分） 阅读下面短文，从短文后所给的四个选项（A, B, C 和 D）中，选出可以填入空白处的最佳选项 I once had a teacher whose husband died suddenly of heart attack. About a week after his death, she __21__ some of her thoughts with a classroom of students. As the late afternoon sunlight shone _22__ the classroom windows, and when the class was nearly over, she __23__ a few things aside on the edge of her desk and sat down. With a __24__ look on her face, she paused and said, “__25__ class is over, I'd like to share with all of you a deep __26__ which I feel is very important. Each of us is put here on __27__ to learn, share, love, appreciate and give of ourselves. _28_ of us knows when this fantastic experience will__29__. It can be taken away at any moment. Perhaps this is the God’s __30__ of telling us that we must make the __31__ of every single day. ” Her eyes were beginning to _32__, but she went on, “So I would like you all to make me a __33__: From now on, on your way to school, or on your way home, find something beautiful to __34__. It doesn’t have to be something you see. It could be a __35__ of freshly baked bread floating out of someone’s house, or it could be the sound of the soft __36__ rustling（使发出沙沙声）the leaves in the trees…Please look for these things, and __37__ them, for at anytime they can all be taken away…” The class was completely __38__. We all picked up our books and went out of the room silently. That __39__, I observed many more beautiful things on my way home from school than usual. Remember: Life is not __40__by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away. 21. A. learned 22. A. onto 23. A. moved B. shared B. into B. brushed C. argued C. across C. swept
D. discussed D. through D. pulled
24. A. surprised 25. A. After 26. A. feeling 27. A. business 28. A. None 29. A. happen 30. A. way 31. A. least 32. A. ache 33. A. promise 34. A. buy 35. A. smell 36. A. wind 37. A. get 38. A. puzzled 39. A. morning 40. A. wasted
B. worried B. Unless B. understanding B. time B. All B. begin B. signal B. worst B. water B. choice B. enjoy B. gift B. hand B. appreciate B. excited B. night B. measured
C. gentle C. Before C. love C. duty C. Each C. end C. plan C. lowest C. shine C. wish C. take C. taste C. light C. hide C. quiet C. noon C. saved
D. strange D. If D. memory D. earth D. Neither D. gain D. arrangement D. most D. dry D. rule D. learn D. sight D. color D. follow D. anxious D. afternoon D. lost
第 II 卷(非选择题 共 50 分) 四、语篇形语法填空题(共 10 小题；每小题 1 分，满分 10 分) 阅读下面材料，在空白处填入适当的内容（不多于 3 个单词）或括号内单词的正确形式。 Why is pink or purple a color for girls and blue or brown for boys? The answer depends largely was a color 42 41 cultural values as well as personal experiences. To the Egyptians, green
represented the hope and joy of spring, while for Muslims, it means heaven. Red is a symbol 43 (give) money in a red
of good luck in many cultures. During the Spring Festival in China, children
envelope to bring good fortune in the New Year. For many nations, blue is a symbol of protection and religious beliefs. Greek people often wear a blue necklace hoping to protect People’s be 46 45 44 against evils（灾祸）.
(choose) of colors is also influenced by their bodies’ reactions toward them. Green is said to 47 physically.
most restful color. It has the ability to reduce pain and relax people both mentally 48 (work) in green environment have been found to have fewer stomach aches.
Red can cause a person’s blood pressure to rise and increase people’s appetites （食欲） . Many decorators will include different shades of red in the restaurant. And many commercial websites will have a red “Buy Now”
button because red is a color that
(easy) catches a person’s eye. 50 you
Blue is another calming color. Unlike red, blue is believed to cause people to lose appetite. So want to eat less, some suggest that eating from blue plates can help. 五、改错： （共 10 小题；每小题 1 分，满分 10 分） 下面每个句子均有 1 处错误，请在有错误的地方增加，删除或修改某个单词。 增加：在缺词处加一个漏词符号(∧)，并在其下面写上该加的词。 删除：把多余的词用斜线(﹨)划掉。 修改：在错的词下划一横线，并在该词下面写上修改后的词。 注意：每处错误及其修改均仅限一词； 1. Sadly, although the Amber Room was considered one of the wonder of the world.
2. Before the Nazis could get to the Summer Palace, the Russians were able to remove some furnitures and small art objects from the Amber Room. 3. I lived in where you call “Ancient Greece”. 4. For each Olympics, a special village is built for them to live. 5. Although I was young I could simplify difficulty sums. 6. As a result, I total changed my shape. 7. They allowed tourists to hunt only certain number of animals. 8. When I find a millipede insect, I rub it on my body. 9. To be honest, a lot of people attach great importance to become rich and famous. 10. They put an advertisement in a newspaper look for rock musicians. 六、完成子（共 10 小题；每小题 1.5 分，满分 15 分） 阅读下列各小题，根据汉语提示，用句末括号内的英语单词完成句子。 1. After _______________________ the rude assistance, she asked for the same dress. (seek) 找出那个无礼的售货员后，她要求看同一件衣服。 2. The vicar has been asked _______________________, but so far he has refused. (cut) 人们曾请求牧师叫人把树砍掉，但他直到现在也没有同意。 3. This time he was barking _________________________. (that) 这次他在叫，以便有人会把它放出去。 4. ____________________________, you will get a big surprise. (moment) 你一离开这个帐篷，就会大吃一惊。 5. By the time you read this, the Hubble’s eagle eye ______________________ thousands and thousands of
wonderful pictures. (send) 等到你读这篇文章的时候，敏锐的哈勃望远镜将已经为我们送来了成千上万张精彩照片。 6. Firemen _______________________ the forest fire for nearly three weeks before they could get it under control. (fight) 消防员们同那场森林大火一直搏斗了将近三个星期，才把火势控制住。 7. Jeremy was a little disappointed by this but he did _________________. (as) 这不免使杰里米有点扫兴，但他还是按照他女儿要求的做了。 8. If, at that time, the British _______________________, it would have been completed. (fear) 如果那时英国人不害怕入侵，隧道早已建成了。 9. _____________________ is that for people of that period and later times, Robin Hood was a symbol of justice. (certain) 可以肯定的是，对于那个时期以及之后的人们而言，罗宾汉是正义的象征。 10.The layout of supermarkets _______________________ take shoppers around the store, aisle after aisle, from left to right. (design) 超市的布局被设计为引导顾客一个走道接着一个走道、由左至右地逛遍整个商场。
七、书面表达（15 分） 全球气候不断变暖，环境污染日益严重，越来越深地影响人们的生活。学校师生如何积极参与应对气 候与环境变化的挑战？请你向全校师生拟一份“低碳生活倡议书” ，内容包括： 1. 提倡低碳生活（low-carbon life） 。 2. 如何践行低碳生活: (3) ?? Dear teachers and fellow students， Low-carbon life creates a green home. We have to act now. ____________________________ _______________________________________________________________________________ _____________________________________________________________________________ _____________________________________________________________________________ _____________________________________________________________________________ _____________________________________________________________________________ _____________________________________________________________________________ _____________________________________________________________________________
(1)少用一次性制品（disposable products） ；(2)多骑自行车、多坐公交车等。
_____________________________________________________________________________ _____________________________________________________________________________ _____________________________________________________________________________ _____________________________________________________________________________ _____________________________________________________________________________ _____________________________________________________________________________ _____________________________________________________________________________ _____________________________________________________________________________ _____________________________________________________________________________ _____________________________________________________________________________
大田一中 2015 年寒假（2）参考答案 一．听力：1.ACBAC BABCB 11.BACBB CCAAC
阅读理解（(共 20 小题,每小题 2 分满分 40 分） 1—5 BDDAA 6—10 CBD DA11—15 ACBCB 16—20 FGADB 二．完型填空（共 20 小题；每题 1.5 分，满分 30 分） 21-25BDACC 26-30 BDACA 31-35.DBABA 36-40ABCDB 三．语法填空： 41. on / upon 42. that /which 46. the 四．改错 1: 1. wonder→wonders 2. furnitures→furniture 3. where→what 4. ∧in 5. difficulty→difficult 6. total→totally 7. ∧a 8. on→over 9. become→becoming 10. look→looking 完成句子 1. seeking out/having sought out 2. to have the tree cut down 3. in order that/so that someone would let him out 4. The moment you leave the/this tent 5. will have sent us 7. as his daughter asked 9. What is certain 六、书面表达 One possible version: Dear teachers and fellow students, Low-carbon life creates a green home. We have to act now. As we can see, global warming now has a much more serious effect on our life than at any time in the past. In order to save our living place, great importance should be attached to. We can put low-carbon life into practice by doing many things in our daily life. For example, we can reduce the use of disposable products, we can also ride bikes or take buses in place of driving cars. Besides, we’d better make full use of environmental-friendly bags and try to use both sides of paper whenever possible. Finally, don’t wait, just do it, for a better planet! 6. had been fighting (against) 8. had not feared invasion 10. is designed to 47. and 43. are given 44. themselves 45. choice 49. easily 50 if / when
copyright ©right 2010-2020。