1. able ability enable capable be able to do 能够做… have the ability to do 能够做，有能力做…： He has the ability to make very good boat. enable ** to do 使…能做…： Internet has ena
bled us to get information from all over the world. Be capable of 能够做…：He is capable of drawing oil painting. He is able to read and write in English. 2. absent 反义词：present 3. abroad 国外，海外：live ~ go ~ Many young people are eager to go abroad to study. 4. access:入口，途径；机会，权利。Have access to sth Citizens in the town all have access to the books in the local（当地的）library. 5. absorb 吸收 be absorbed in 全神贯注于… All the students are absorbed in Professor's lecture on China's economy. 6. accept 接受 receive 收到（不一定接受） She received a gift from him,but she didn't accept it. 7. by accident=by chance 偶然地 on purpose 故意地 8. according to 根据 According to the article,environmental pollution has been taken under control. 9. take…into account=take…into consideration 把…考虑在内 I hope my teacher will take into account my illness when he grades our test paper.
Account 描述 She gave an account of what he saw in China. 10. accuse ** of sth = charge ** with（for）sth 指责…做了…；指控…犯了… He was accused of robbing the bank and sentenced ten years in gail. His mother charged him with being lazy. 11. be accustomed to = be used to 习惯于后接 sth 或 doing sth used to 过去有过去常常后接 do sth Mr. Smith is not used/accustomed to driving on the right. I'm already used to the life here. There used to be a house near the river. He used to get up while he was in the middle school. 12. achieve 获得，达到 You will achieve nothing if you waste your time this way. 13. adapt=adjust 适应~ adopt 收养；采用 You should adapt to college life as soon as possible. He adjusted himself very quickly to the weather in t the country. 14. add to 增添 add up to 总计达 15. in addition（to）=besides 此外 In order to master a foreign language,we should learn some grammar. In addition,we'd better learn some words. 16. adequate=enough 17. admit 承认
He admitted him mistake at last. 18. in advance 预先，提前 A good habit in learning is to make full use of class time.
20. affect（v.）effect（n.）influence（v&n）影响 effort 努力 have an effect/influence on 对…有影响 make an effort to do 或 make efforts to do The latest discovery in gene will have a great effect on the health of human beings. They made great efforts to find a new cure to lung cancer. 21. afford（to do）sth 买/花/用/支付得起 It's hard to imagine how he can afford（to buy）a house on his small salary. 22. be afraid of 担心，害怕 23. at the age of 24. agree with 同意 agree on 同意（双方就…达成一致） agree to 同意（上级，父母对下级，晚辈允许…） The two countries have agreed on the date for next talk. My parents don't agree to my staying outside overnight. 25. ahead of time 提前 We finished our assignment ahead of time. 26. by air=by plane by sea= by ship by bus/train on foot 26. after all 毕竟 above all 首先（not…）at all 一点（也不）all over 28. allow/permit…to do… 允许…做… 29. although/though but 连词不能同时用在句子中。
As 连词倒装句 in spite of/despite 介词不连接句子 Although he was seriously ill,he went on with the experiment. Young as he is,he has already learned three foreign languages:English,French and Japanese. Although he is young,he has already learned three foreign languages:English,French and Japanese. In spite of/despite his illness,he went on with his experiment. 30. be angry with ** be angry at sth 31. apart from=besides 除了…之外，还有… =except 除了… No one knows what happened except mr. Smith. He has a large collection of books besides CDs. 32. apply（~for 申请）应用 He has successfully applied for a position（职位）in the company. 33. appreciate 欣赏 感激（加动名词 doing） I really appreciate your coming to the party.类似动词有： enjoy,mind 介意，avoid 避免，escape 逃避，can't help 禁不住，risk 冒险，need=want 需要 insist on 坚持 My hair needs cutting. 34. approve 赞成，批准
35. argue with ** 与…争论 36. arise~from rise arouse raise New problems will arise as the old ones have been solved.（出现） Are there any things arising from last meeting?（源于） His speech aroused little interest among the students.（引起，激起） The company has raised the prices of its products.（提高） The prices of goods rose day by day during the Spring Festival.（上升） 37.Artificial 人工的，假的~ flowers 38. as for 至于 as to 关于，至于 as if/though 似乎，好象 You should inform（通知）me in advance if you are going to come. 19. take advantage of = make use of 利用 We can take advantage of computer to analyze data. 39. ask for 要求 40. attach importance to 重视 41. pay attention to 重视 catch one's attention 引起…注意/重视 42. available 可得/买到的 There is no ticket available. 43.average 平均 on（the） ~ 44. be aware of = realize 意识到 be sure 一定要，肯定 He apologized to us for the mistake as soon as he was aware of it. Be sure not to be late for the meeting. I'm sure the play will be a great success. 45. back up 支持
46. background 背景 47. base ~…on…把…建立在…基础之上 His article is based on the research. 48. bear 忍受，容忍同义词： endure tolerate stand put up with She cannot bear to see the child in pains. 49. do/try one's best He said he would try his best to carry out the plan. 50. because 连词： There will be no meeting because the manager will be on the vacation next week. because of 介词： His wedding will be put off because of his father's death. 51. best make the ~ of 很好地利用 52. had better do 最好 You'd better finish reading the book in this week,since I'm going to return it to the library. would rather do 宁愿 I'd rather go there myself. 53. beyond 超出… The professor's lecture is beyond me/beyond my understanding （超出我的理解范围） . The apple on the tree is beyond my reach（够不着）. 54. Both…and…两者都 either…or…或者…或者… neither…nor…两者都不 55. be bound to do 注定… You're bound to succeed as long as（只要）you keep on trying. 56. break into 闯入 break out 爆发 break through 突破
break up（关系等）破裂 57. catch one's breath 58. call off=cancel 取消 call on=visit 拜访 call for 请求，号召 The resident called for the people to fight against the invaders. 59. care for 关心，在乎 take care 保重 take care of=look after 照顾 60. carry on 继续 carry out 实施，执行 They decided to carry out the plan despite the opposition. 61. case 事实，实情；箱子；案例；病例 in case（of）以防，万一 Take my umbrella in case it rains. In most cases 在大多数情况下 In no case 决不 in no way by no means 62. catch up with 赶上，保持一致 keep up with keep pace with 63. （be）in charge of 掌管，负责 take charge of 掌管，负责 charge…for… 开价，要价 The short man there is in charge of our company. The hotel charges $100 for a double room. 64. challenge 挑战 65. change 零钱（n.）换零钱（v.） 66. comfort v.& n 安慰；舒适，舒服 comfortable 舒服的，舒适的 67. have…in common 有共同之处
Although they are twins they have little in common. 68. communicate 传播，交流 69. compare…to…把…比作… compare…with…把…与…相比 Poets like comparing their lovers to red roses. Compared with brain,computer still has some shortcomings. 70. complain of/about 抱怨 71. be made up of 由…组成 be composed of consist of 72. concentrate on 集中注意力于 be engaged in 73. as far as…be concerned 就…而言 As far as wages are concerned,I'm very dissatisfied with the present job. Concerning=about 关于 74. contribute 捐献 contribute to 有助于 Computers will contribute many conveniences to our work. 75. control out of control 失去控制 under ~在控制之下 76. convenient 方便，便利的 77. convince 使相信/信服 convince…of… I'm convinced（=I believe）that where there is a will,there is a way. He was not convinced of his wife's guilty. 78. cope with deal with handle 处理，应付 79. at the cost of 以…为代价 He saved the drown child at the cost of his own life. at the risk of 冒着…危险…
cost spend The overcoat cost him $200. He spent $200 on（in buying）the overcoat. 80. count on depend on rely on 依靠，依赖 81. create 创造 82. custom 习俗 customs 海关 83. damage 损坏（部分）destroy 毁灭（全部）hurt 伤害 injure 受伤；ruin 摧毁；spoil 破坏（心情，兴致等） Our holiday was spoiled buy the bad weather. The earthquake has destroyed the city entirely. 84. a good/great deal 许多，大量 85. degree 学位程度=extent to some extent/degree 在某种程度上 86. demand order suggest propose insist 等后 that 从句用虚拟语气（加动词原形） The general ordered that the bridge （should） be repaired before daybreak. 87.deny 否认，拒绝（给予） He denied breaking the window. Women were denied the right to vote in the past in the U.S. 88. in detail 详细地 He explained the question to us in ~. 89. devote… To…致力于 The scientist devoted the whole life to the study of chemistry. 90. do away with 废除 get rid of 摆脱除掉 have…to do with 与…有关
It has nothing to do with what you are talking about. Do away with the law. He managed to get rid of the man followed him. 91. drop in=drop by=visit 92. due 到期的 The book will be due next week. （按计划，安排要）发生，到达的 What time will the next bus due? The next meeting is due to be held in three months'time. due to =because of=owing to 因为，由于 His promotion is due to his hard working. Due to the heavy rain,we have to give up the plan for the weekends. 93. economic 经济的 economical 节俭的 94. effective 有效的 efficient 效率高的 95. else 其它的 something ~ somebody ~ 96. in the end 最终（结果）at last 最后（经过很长时间） I have finished the essay at last. We were thinking of going to England,but in the end we went to the USA. 97. enjoy oneself=have a good time 玩的开心 help oneself 随便 98. establish=set up=found 99. evident=obvious=apparent 明显的显而易见的
100. for example=for instance 101. be exhausted=be tired out =be worn out 筋疲力尽的 102. exist 存在 103. expose 暴露受影响 Being exposed to the sun for some time can do good to your health. Many of today's teenagers have been exposed too much to violence and sex. 104. face up to（勇敢）面对 be faced with 面临 encounter 面临 105. in fact as a matter as a fact 实际上事实上 106. be familiar with 107. by far 非常，最（修饰比较级和最高级）so far 迄今为止（完成时态） far from 远非（否定） In my opinion,he is by far the most suitable one for the job. He sent out a letter to apply for the job,but has received no answer so far. My English is far from perfect. 108. fare 交通费 fee 费用 tuition 学费 109. favor do ** a favor 帮…个忙 in favor of 赞成 I'm in favor of his suggestion that a power plant（电厂）be built. Would you do me a favor to carry the box upstairs? 110. feel like doing sth would like to do sth 喜欢/想做… 111. field 田野，领域 112. fill in 填写 be filled with 充满
Would you like to fill in your address and telephone here? 113. fine 罚款
copyright ©right 2010-2020。