定语从句 100 题（含答案）
1. The person ________ is talking to the students is our teacher. A. whom B. / C. who D. which 2. In the dark street, there wasn’t a single person _______ he could turn f
or help. A. that B. who C. from whom D. to whom 3. Mr. White is one of the foreign experts who _______ in China. A. worked B. working C. are working D. has been working 4. Mr. White is the only one of the foreign experts who ______ in China. A. worked B. working C. are working D. has been working 5. The games ______ the young men competed were very difficult. A. in which B. which C. that D. in that 6. Anyone _______ this plan may speak out. A. that against B. what against C. who is against D. who are against 7. Those ______ not only from books but also through practice will succeed. A. learn B. who learns C. that learns D. who learn 8. Finally, the thief handed everything ________ he had stolen to the police. A. whatever B. which C. what D. that 9. All ________ is needed is a supply of water. A. the thing B. that C. what D. which 10. This is the most interesting film _______ I have ever seen. A. which B. what C. that D. of what 11. Didn’t you see the girl____? A. I nodded just now B. I nodded to her just now C. whom I nodded just now D. I nodded to just now 12. Have you seen the young man_______ ? A. that I told B. whom I told you C. I told you about D. I told you 13. He passed the exam this time, _________ pleases his parents. A. it B. which C. this D. that 14. I have two sisters, _______ are teachers. A. both of who B. both of whom C. both of them D. whom of both 15. The bike _______ last week has gone wrong. A. I bought it B. which I bought it C. I bought D. what I bought 16. We talked for about an hour of things and persons _______ we remembered in the school. A. which B. that C. who D. whom 17. The matter ________ you were arguing about yesterday has been settled.
A. that B. what C. why D. for which 18. They live in a village, _______ there is a small river. A. in front of what B. in front of which C. behind it D. around it 19. I can still remember the sitting room ______ my father used to sit in the evening. A. what B. which C. in that D. where 20. There was a time _______ there were slaves in the USA. A. that B. which C. when D. what
21. I’ll never forget the days ______ we spent in London. A. when B. in that C. on which D. which 22. I’ll never forget the days ______ we stayed in London. A. when B. in which C. on which D. which 23. Who _______ has any common sense would do such a thing? A. which B. what C. whom D. that 24. His father did everything _______ to help him. A. what he could B. which he could C. he could D. that he could do it 25. She does not see the reason _______ he would like to join them. A. why B. when C. how D. where 26. Tom and Mary traveled together as far as Nanjing, ______ they parted. A. when B. which C. why D. where 27. I have the same radio ______ you bought just now. A. which B. like C. as D. what 28. Such a man _______ you described doesn’t seem to have ever existed. A. as B. which C. that D. what 29. Is this company _______ you worked in three years ago? A. that B. the one C. in which D. what 30. Is this the company _______ you worked in three years ago? A. that B. the one C. in which D. what 31. Printing first came out in China, _______ is known to all. A. that B. as C. it D. what 32. The doctor ________ he sent his son is very famous. A. to whom B. to whose C. whom D. at whom 33. His glasses, _______ he was like a blind man, fell to the ground. A. which B. without which C. with which D. without those 34. I don’t like _______ you speak to your father. A. the way B. the way in that C. the way which D. the way of which 35. From practice we can learn much _______ can’t be learnt from books. A. that B. which C. what D. as
36. Please pass me the dictionary _______ cover is light green. A. which B. which of C. its D. whose 37. Tom and Lucy will meet at the same place _______ they met last time. A. as B. which C. where D. it 38. He is good at English, ______ every one of us can see. A. as B. it C. that D. which 39. His parents wouldn’t let him marry anyone ___ family was poor. A. of whom B. whom C. of whose D. whose 40. All ___ is needed is a supply of oil. A. the thing B. that C. what D. which 41. He paid the boy $10 for washing ten windows, most of ___ hadn’t been cleaned. A. these B. those C. that D. which 42. She heard a terrible noise, ___ brought her heart into her mouth. A. it B. which C. this D. that 43. In the dark street, there wasn’t a single person___ she could turn for help. A. that B. who C. from whom D. to whom 44. The weather truned to be very good, ___ was more than we could expect. A. what B. which C. that D. it 45. After living in Paris for fifty years he returned to the small town ___ he grew up as a child. A. which B. where C. that D. when 46. Carol said the work would be done by October, ___ personally I doubt very much. A. it B. that C. when D. which 47. Mary was always speaking highly of her role in the play, ___, of course, made the others unhappy. A. who B. which C. this D. what 48. The film brought the hours back to me___ I was taken good care of in that far-away village. A. until B. that C. when D. where 49. ___ is known to everybody, the moon travels round the earth once every month. A. It B. As C. That D. What 50. October 1st, 1949 is the day ___ we’ll never forget. A. when B. on which C. on that D. that 51. That was the day___ I left Fudan University on. A. on which B. when C. in which D. / 52. Is this zoo ___ we visited last year? A. to which B. the one C. one D. where 53. This is the best zoo ___ I’ve visited all my life. A. where B. to which C. which D. that 54. This is Mr Smith, ___ I think has something interesting to tell you.
A. / B. that C. whom D. who 55. He wrote about the teachers and schools___ he had visited. A. which B. who C. what D. that 56. I, ___ your close friend, will try my best to help you. A. who is B. that is C. whom is D. who am 57. She is the only one of the students here___ never late. A. who are B. that are C. who were D. who is 58. Who___ has seen the film doesn’t admire it? A. who B. he C. that D. whom 59. That was the reason ___ Mike refused to speak for at the meeting. A. why B. what C. which D. for that 60. There is little ___ remains to be said. A. which B. what C. that D. how 61. This is the third time___ I have been here. A. that B. when C. which D. in which 62. Which choice is wrong? I don’t like the way___ you laugh at your brother. A. in which B. / C. that D. which 63. My family,___ all sports lovers, will enter for the sports meet. A. which are B. that is C. who are D. they are 64. I’m meeting my mother at the airport tomorrow, ___ she will be back from Britain. A. who B. where C. when D. which 65. He is driving the same car___ I drove last year. A. as B. which C. / D. it 66. I want to buy such a bike -__ you have. A. it B. which C. / D. as 67. The bicycle ___ he often rides needs repairing. A. in which B. by which C. on which D. with which 68. She is no longer the sweet little girl ___ she used to be. A. what B. who C. when D. that 69. Please think of a situation___ this idiom can be used in. A. which B. to which C. with which D. where 70. Please put the books ___ they were. A. in what B. in which C. where D. in that 71. Is it in this factory ___ the modern cars are produced? A. where B. in which C. from where D. that 72. My wife has bought the same car___ you have. A. as B. which C. alike D. that like 73. He is not ___ a fool ___. A. so… as he looks B. as… as he is looked C. such…as he is looked D. such… as he looks
74. He must be from Asia, ___ can be seen from his skin color. A. who B. what C. that D. as 75. He has four daughters, ___ is a pianist as he is. A. neither of them B. none of them C. none of whom D. neither of whom 76. The buses, ___ were already full, were surrounded by angry groups waiting to get on. A. most which B. most that C. most of them D. most of which 77. ___, paper was first made in China. A. It is known that B. As is known to all C. It is well known that D. We all know 78. In our school there is a reading room, ___ the Ss often go to read newspapers and magazines. A. at which B. which C. in which D. to which 79. A washer is a machine __ you wash or a person ___ washes. A. /…/ B. with which… who C. which… which D. which… who 80. By using both ears, one can tell the direction ___ a sound comes. A. on which B. from which C. along that D. with which] 81. The hotel___ during our holidays is a grand one with a big garden in front of it. A. which we stayed B. where we stay at C. which we stay at D. where we lived 82. I will never forget the days ___ I spent happily with my aunt in Beijing. A. in where B. when C. inside D. which/that 83. He has lost the key to the locker___ some important papers are kept. A. in where B. in which C. inside D. under which 84. The plane ___ he was traveling was a quite dangerous old one. A. on which B. in that C. / D. which 85. Can you lend me the novel___? A. which you talked about it B. you have discussed about C. which you have discussed D. that you have talked 86. They put forward many new proposals, the most important ___ concerns the exchange of information on medical research. A. ones B. of which C./ D. for which 87. They signed an agreement, ___ they would exchange students and scientists. A. for which B. over which C. under which D. at which 88. It is fitted with a small transformer(变压器), ___ the voltage（电压） of the current can be put under control. A. in means of which B. by means of which C. from means of which D. under which
89. This is the department___ you should send your application. A. for which B. towards that C. to which D. under which 90. We’ll discuss the benefits ___ I think have resulted from the project. A. about which B. about that C. which D./ 91. April 14, 1865 was a day ___ the American people will never forget. A. when B. on which C. that D. during which 92. I remembered the reason ___ he had given for not having finished the work on time. A. why B. what C. how D. that 93. Anyone ___ him will be punished. A. who are against B. that against C. who against D. who is against 94. Have you seen the singer __? A. I told you of him B. I told you C. I told you about D. whom I told you 95. The law ___ has been argued about recently has been passed. A. what B. for which C. that D. why 96. What excited them most was the things and persons____ they remembered in school. A. who B. which C. that D. whom 97. This car is quite different from__ I bought last year. A. the one B. that C. which D. it 98. Which choice is wrong? A. This is the factory I once visited. B. This is the factory where I once visited. C. This is the factory where/in which I once worked. D. This is the factory I once worked in. 99. In the People’s Park I met the same girl ___ I had seen the day before. A. whose B. which C. whom D. as 100. Who is the man ___ is shaking hands with your father? A. / B. that C. he D. whom
ANSWERS: 1---5 CDCDA 21---25 DADCA 41---45 DBDBB 61---65 ADCCA 81---85 CDBAC
6----10 CDDBC 26---30 DCABA 46---50 DBCBD 66---70 DCDAC 86---90 BCBCC
11---15 DCBBC 31---35 BABAA 51---55DBDDD 71----75 DADDC 91---95 CDDCC
16---20 BABDC 36---40 DAADB 56---60 DDCCC 76----80 DBDBB 96---100 CABDB
copyright ©right 2010-2020。