丰城中学 2015-2016 学年上学期高一周考试卷 英 命题人：刘普云 语 （1-10 班）
第一节：单项选择（每小题 0.5 分） 21. The English in this story _____, so I think you will have no difficulty un
derstanding it. A. is simplified C. has been simplified 22. It is a paradox that in people. A. such; such B. such; so C. so; so D. so; such B. was simplified D. had been simplified a rich country there should be many poor
23. Our neighbor offered to look after our baby while we were away, _____ was very kind of her. A. it B. that C. which D. such
24. ____he didn't help me with my work. Instead, just____. A．In a way; in my way C．In the way; on the way B．On a way; on the way D．By the way; on my way
25. If a lot of people say a film is not good, I won’t bother to see it, or I’ll wait _____ it comes out on DVD. A. whether B. after C. though D. until
26. The_________boy was last seen__________near the West Lake. A. missing; playing C. missed; played B. missing; play D .missed; to play
27. The old woman has been ill for several months but is beginning to pick _____. A. out B. off C. up D. on
28. ________ the help of the teacher, the students who wasn’t good at math _________ the difficult problem quickly. A. Under, worked out C. Under, solved B. With, worked on D. With, solved
29. The mother thanked the young man again and again, without _________ help her son
would have been killed by the passing car. A. whose B. which C. whom D. that
30. Our school is very large. _________, the number of the students ______ 3500. A. Together, is B. Altogether, are C. In all, are D. In total, is
第二节：阅读理解（每小题 2 分） A King Midas used to love gold. One day he met a fairy who allowed him to make a wish for something. The king replied at once, ‘‘I love gold. I want everything I touch to change into gold”. ‘‘Very well, tomorrow morning, everything you touch will turn into gold.” Saying this, the fairy disappeared. The king waited excitedly till the next morning. To his joy, everything he touched changed immediately into gold. ‘‘I’m the richest man in the world now.” He shouted. Soon Midas became hungry. He sat down at his table. All the foods and drinks turned into gold in his hand. ‘‘I’m dying of hunger.” He cried. ‘‘Why are you so sad, dad?” she asked,
Just then his daughter came running in.
putting her arms around him. There and then she became a golden statue. The king loved his daughter very much .Seeing this, he began to cry. He looked up and suddenly saw the fairy before him. ‘‘Don’t you like the golden touch?” asked the fairy. ‘‘Well,
‘‘Please take it away,” begged the king, ‘‘give me back my daughter.”
you have learned your lesson. Go and wash in the river. Then the golden touch will be gone.” The king ran quickly to the nearby river. 31. The fairy allowed the king to make a wish because_____ A. She hoped to make the king the richest in the world. B. She loved gold too. C. She wanted to teach the king a lesson. D. She wanted to turn the king’s daughter into gold. 32. When the foods and drinks turned into gold the king was _____ A. excited B. hungry C. worried D happy
33. The king’s daughter became a golden statue when _____ A. she saw her father B. the king went to meet her D. the king loved her very much
C. she put her arms around her father
34. Which of the following might have happened afterwards? A. The king died in the river. B. The king’s daughter changed back from gold to a lovely girl. C. All the things the king had touched changed back into real ones. D. Both B and C 35. What do you think the story tries to tell us? A. Gold makes people unhappy. B. More gold, more happiness.
C. Gold is not the thing that makes life happy. D．People feel happy if they have not gold. B It doesn’t matter when and how much a person sleeps, but everyone needs some rest to stay alive. That’s what all doctors thought, until they heard about Al Herpin. Al Herpin, it was said, never slept. Could this be true? The doctors decided to see this strange man themselves. Al Herpin was 90 years old when the doctors came to his home in New Jersey. They thought for sure that he got some sleep of some kind. So they stayed with him and watched every movement he made. But they were surprised. Though they watched him hour after hour and day after day, they never saw him sleeping. In fact, he did not even own a bed. He never needed one. The only rest that Herpin sometimes got was sitting in a comfortable chair and reading newspapers. The doctors were puzzled by this strange continuous sleeplessness. They asked him many questions, hoping to find an answer. They found only one answer that might explain his condition. Herpin remembered some talk about his mother having been injured several days before he was born. But that was all. Was this the real reason? No one could be sure. Herpin died at the age of 94. 36. The main idea of this passage is that_____
A. large numbers of people do not need sleep B. a person was found who actually didn’t need any sleep C. everyone needs some sleep to stay alive D. people can live longer by trying not to sleep 37. The doctors came to visit Herpin, expecting_____ A. to cure him of his sleeplessness B. to find that his sleeplessness was not really true C. to find out why some old people did not need any sleep D. to find a way to free people from the need of sleeping 38. After watching him closely, the doctors came to believe that Al herpin_____ A. needed some kind of sleep C. needed no sleep at all B. was too old to need any sleep D. often sleep in a chair
39. One reason that might explain Herpin’s sleeplessness was _____ A. his mother’s injury before he was born B. that he had gradually got rid of the sleeping habit C. his magnificent physical condition D. that he hadn’t got a bed 40. Al Herpin’s condition could be regarded as ______ A. a common one C. very healthy B. one that could be cured D. a rare one C Laptop computers are popular all over the world. People use them on trains and airplanes, in airports and hotels. These laptops connect people to their workplace. In the United States today, laptops also connect students to their classrooms. Westlake College in Virginia will start a laptop computer program that allows students to do schoolwork anywhere they want. Within five years, each of the 1,500 students at the college will receive a laptop. The laptops are part of a $10 million computer program at Westlake, a 110?year?old college. The students with laptops will also have access to the Internet. In addition, they will be able to use e?mails to “speak” with their teachers, their classmates, and their families. However, the most important part of the laptop program is that students will be able to use
computers without going to computer labs. They can work with it at home, in a fast?food restaurant or under the trees—anywhere at all! Because of the many changes in computer technology, laptop used in higher education, such as colleges and universities, is workable. As laptops become more powerful, they become more similar to desktop computers. In addition, the portable computers can connect students to not only the Internet, but also libraries and other resources. State higher?education officials are studying how laptops can help students. State officials are also testing laptop programs at other universities, too. At Westlake College, more than 60 percent of the staff use computers. The laptops will allow all teachers to use computers in their lessons. As one Westlake teacher said ， “Here we are in the middle of Virginia and we're giving students a_window_on_the_world. They can see everything and do everything.” 41．The main purpose of the laptop program is to give each student a laptop to________. A．use for their schoolwork C．work at home B．access the Internet
D．connect them to libraries
42．Why is the word“speak”in the second paragraph in quotation marks(引号)? A．They don't really talk. C．Laptops have speakers. B．They use the computer language. D．None of the above reasons is correct.
43．Which of the following is TRUE about Westlake College? A．All teachers use computers B．1,500 students have laptops. D．Students there can do everything.
C．It is an old college in America.
44．“A window on the world” in the last paragraph means that students can________. A．attend lectures on information technology C．get information from around the world 45．What can we infer from the passage? A．The program is successful. C．The program is too expensive. B．The program is not workable. D．We don't know the result yet. B．travel around the world
D．have free laptops
根据短文内容，从短文后的选项中选出能填入空白处的最佳选项。选项中有两项为多余选项。 （共 5 小题；每小题 2 分，满分 10 分） Today is a perfect day that can leave you with good memories you may someday share with your friends. Here’s how: 46. _____ You can see or do something a million times, but you can only see or
do it for the first time once. As a result, first time experiences usually leave a deep mark in our minds for the rest of our lives. So try to experience something different and you’ll have more memories! Work on something that’s great to you. 47. _____ Life is short. Today is the day to take action. Smile and notice what’s right. Everything that happens in life is neither good nor bad. 48. _____ And no matter how it turns out, it always ends up just the way it should. Either you succeed or you learn something.
Be true to yourself. The only shoes you can wear are your own. If you aren’t being yourself, you aren’t truly living. 49. _____ Make a new friend. People are interesting creatures (生物), and no two people are exactly alike. 50. _____ Find out what makes them different. They’ll likely open your eyes to wonderful ideas. And you never know, they just might change your life. Be present. Be here now. Remember, right now is the only dear moment to you. Don’t miss it.
Right now is life.
A. Learn a new skill. B. Try something new. C. It just depends on your opinion. D. So meet someone new today. E. And in fact, you’re only existing. F. Pay close attention to what you’re doing. G. Make yourself busy with something meaningful. 第三节：完形填空（共 20 小题；每小题 1.5 分，满分 30 分） Several years ago a young teacher took a bus to the school where he worked. When he sat down, he 51 accident. As he 52 that the driver had given him twenty pence too much change by what to do, he thought to himself, “I’d better give the twenty 53 to keep it. ” 54 it, it’s only twenty pence. Who would care about
pence back. It would be
Then he thought, “Oh, this little amount? 56 miss it. 57
55 , the bus company already gets too much in fares; they will 58
it as a gift, and keep quiet. These days I have been very
because of bad health and I hope the gift can cheer me up.” When he arrived at his 59 , the teacher paused (暂停) at the door, then he the twenty pence to the driver and said: “Here, you gave me too much The driver smiled and replied: “Don’t you last year. I am a part-time driver here. I Later I thought why not 64 63 62 61 .” 60
me? I took your science class
I had given you twenty pence too much. 65 what you would do
a joke on you. I just wanted to
66 I gave you too much change.” When the young teacher 67 the bus, his knees became weak. He had to catch the 68 , and looked up to the sky and cried: 70 !” D. pretended D. knew
nearest street lamp pole (杆) for “Oh, I almost lost my 51. A. hoped 52. A. explained 53. A. wrong 54. A. believe 55. A. Instead 56. A. never 57. A. Bring 58. A. unhappy 59. A. home 60. A. introduced 61. A. change 62. A. find 63. A. realized 64. A. hear 65. A. ask 66. A. unless 67. A. ran for 68. A. pleasure 69. A. face 70. A. lesson
69 , and didn’t pass the C. regretted
B. discovered B. discussed B. true B. avoid B. Therefore B. ever B. Accept B. free B. school B. posted B. help B. doubt B. expected B. share B. see B. because B. waited for B. support B. sense B. chance
C. considered C. easy C. throw C. Anyhow C. forever C. Show C. strange C. stop C. lent C. time C. remember C. decided C. tell C. prove C. if C. got on C. fun C. money C. risk
D. clever D. forget D. However D. always D. Offer D. angry D. office D. returned D. confidence D. refuse D. admitted D. play D. understand D. though D. got off D. break D. way D. test
第四节（共 1 0 小题；每小题目 1.5 分，满分 15 分） 阅读下面材料，在空白处填人适当的内容（不多于 3 个单词）或括号内单词的正确形式。 Over time the Internet has been used as an 71_____ (amaze) information resource. Students, teachers, and researchers use it as an important tool, Journalists use it to find information for stories, 72_______ doctors use it to learn more about 73______ (familiarly) diseases and the latest medical development. Ordinary people use it for shopping, banking, bill-paying, and 74______ (communicate) with families and friends. People all over the world use it to connect with people from other countries and cultures. 75_______ , while there are many positive(积极的) development 76______ (connect) with the Internet, there are also certain fears and concerns. One concern relates to a lack of control over 77______ appears on the Internet. With television and radio there are editors to check the correctness of the content of programs, and with television there are restrictions(限制) on what kinds of programs can 78_______ (broadcast) and at what times of the day. But 79______ the Internet, parents cannot check a published guide to determine what is suitable 80_______ their children to see.
第五节：短文改错（共 10 小题；每小题 1 分，满分 10 分） 假定英语课上老师要求同桌之间交换修改作文，请你修改你同桌写的以下作文。文中 共有 10 处语言错误，每句中最多有两处，每处错误仅涉及一个单词的增加、删除或修改。 增加：在缺词处加一个漏字符号（∧） ，并在其下面写出该加的词。 删除：把多余的词用斜线（＼）划掉。 修改：在错的词下划一横线，并在该词下面写出修改后的词。 注意：1. 每处错误及其修改均仅限一词； 起）不计分。 Jim is one of my closely friends. Two months ago, his mother bought a computer to him as a birthday present. She hoped Jim will study hard with the help of the computer. To his surprise, Jim just wasted plenty of time play computer games every day. Now she regrets buying the computer. As matter of fact, a computer can do a lot of everyday jobs for us. It is wide used in factories, hospitals, banks and so on. 2. 只允许修改 10 处，多者（从第 11 处
Many computers scientists are now trying to make the computer to “think” like a man. In my opinion, the key is what we should use it wisely.
周练答案 21-30 31 - 50 51 – 70 CBCAD CCCDC ACDAD BBCAD AACCD ACADB BGCED CDBAD 74. communicating 79. with 75. However
BCADC ABACD 72. and 77. what
71. amazing 76. connected
78. be broadcast
1. ... my closely friends. 2. ... bought a computer to ... 3. ... will study hard ... 4. To his surprise ... 5. ... play computer games ... 6. As matter of fact ... 7. ... is wide used ... 8. ... computers scientists ... 9. ... to “think” like ... 10. ... the key is what ...
closely → close / closest to → for will → would his → her play → playing matter 前加 a wide → widely computers → computer 去掉 to what → that
21-30 31 - 50 51 – 70
ACDAD BBCAD AACCD ACADB BGCED CDBAD 74. communicating 79. with 75. However
BCADC ABACD 72. and 77. what
71. amazing 76. connected
78. be broadcast
1. ... my closely friends. 2. ... bought a computer to ... 3. ... will study hard ... 4. To his surprise ... 5. ... play computer games ... 6. As matter of fact ... 7. ... is wide used ... 8. ... computers scientists ...
closely → close / closest to → for will → would his → her play → playing matter 前加 a wide → widely computers → computer
9. ... to “think” like ... 10. ... the key is what ...
copyright ©right 2010-2020。