11 海淀 21. Life is ten percent what happens to you and ninety percent _____ you respond to it. A. that B. whether C. how B overworked D. was overworking B. the third old B. achieved C. the thi
rd older C. to achieve D. the oldest third D. having achieved D. what 22. Mr. Smith _____ these days. I think he should take a holiday before he burns out. A. has been overworking C. had overworked A. the third oldest A. achieving
23. Alice Lillian Ellis, born on September 11, 1907 in Boston, was _____ of nine children. 24. Although _____ considerable success as an artist, the young man keeps working hard. 25. ---How about _____ party? ---Cool! It was really _____ great fun! Pity you weren’t there. A. a; a A. own B. the; a B. owned C. the; 不填 C. will own D. a; 不填 D. has owned 26. Who does that shop assistant think he is? He behaves as if he _____ the grocery. 27. ---Will my son be all right soon, doctor? ---Well, he _____ be, if he takes these tablets. A. may A. which B. must B. where C. should C. when D. can D. as 28. The story took place in Europe in the days before automobiles _____ everyone used horses. 29. --- Hey! Here is a message on my cell phone, telling me to send money to… ---Delete it! It’s a trick. Many a person _____ by such tricks. A. has been cheated B. have been cheated C. were cheated D. was cheated 30. ---Look, the paint is starting to come off _____ the wall is damp. ---Well, we’d better have the wall repainted some day. A. when B. where C. if D. once 31. ---Hi, Bob, I can’t find my electric shaver! ---Sorry, I _____ it and I guess I put it on the top shelf with my things. A. used B. had used C. am using D. was using 32. ---Have you heard about Apple iPhone 4? --- Sure. It is very hot these days. I ’m thinking about getting _____. A. one B. them C. that 33. ---Well, a soup, a salad, and anything _____ , sir? ---An apple pie, please. A. follows B. to follow C. followed 34. Everybody likes to work with _____ is reliable and easy to get on with. A. whom crowds. A. under B. below C. on D. over Keys ：21. C 22. A 23. A 24. D 25. C 26. B 27. C 28. C 29. A 30. B 31. A 32. A 33. B 34. D35. D B. who C. whomever D. whoever 35. The woman pulled her hat low down _____ her eyes in order not to be recognized by the angry D. it
11 西城 21. I need to get another dictionary, because ______ cover is dirty and ______ page is missing. A. a, a B. a; the C. the; a D. the, the 22. --This is the most exciting movie I have ever watched. -- Where did you get that DVD? I _______ to find it since last summer. A. was trying coming years. A. To raise B. Raise C. Raising D. Raised 24. He suddenly fell ill, ______ prevented him from attending his friend ’s wedding. A. why B. what C. that 25. -- What’s the result of the football match? -- Listen! The latest news about it ______. A. broadcast B. will broadcast C. is being broadcast 26. -- What should I wear to the party? -- Well, it isn’t very formal. You ______ wear whatever you like. A. can A. threaten B. must B. threatened C. should C. threatening D. need D. having threatened 27. There’s no snake known that will habitually attack human beings unless ______ with its life. 28. -- Honey, what would you like to have? --I've looked through the menu, but I can't decide ______ to order. A. when B. where C. what D. how 29. He told me to start early, _______me that the roads would be crowded. A. reminding B. to remind C. reminded D. remind 30. -- Have you got enough members? -- Carol says she will join us ______ the salary meets her expectations. A. until B. if C. though D. unless 31. Even though Sara had practiced her speech repeatedly, she ______ its conclusion at the talk show. A. forgets B. has forgotten C. forgot D. had forgotten 32. After looking at many new cars, I found ______ which I would accept just as suitable. A. it B. this C. that D. one 33. I might be able to tell you which bus to take if I knew _____ on the map we are now. A. that B. where C. what D. how 34. If you had brought your swimsuit with you, we ________ swimming in the lake now. A. could go B. could have gone C. can go D. have gone 35. -- What a nice jacket! It looks good on me! -- Don’t you think it is too tight ______ the shoulders? A. beyond Keys ：21. C 22. D B 31. C 32. D B. between 23. A 24. D C. from 25. C 26. A D. across 27. B 28. C 29. A 30. D. which B. tried C. had tried D. have been trying 23. ______ people’s living standards, the central government will take more measures in the
D. has been broadcast
11 东城 21. — Do you still go jogging every morning? — Yes, I can’t think of a _____ way to start a day. A. better B. best C. worse 22. Cathy didn’t go to the cinema with us last night for she _____ her homework. A. does B. did C. was doing D. worst D. had done
23. Schools in the north tend to be well equipped, _____ those in the south are relatively poor. A. once B. while C. as D. until 24. The doctors _____ to operate on Sam because his parents had not given permission. A. would refuse B. have refused C. refuse D. refused D. break 25. Be careful when washing those glasses! I don’t want them _____. A. to have been broken B. to be broken C. breaking
26. “Drive-ins ” have large parking lots _____ customers are served in their cars by waitresses. A. who B. when C. which D. where 27. — There aren’t any toys in our suitcase. Where have you put them? — Oh, no. That old lady sitting next to us _____ have taken ours by mistake. A. must B. could C. should 28. I won’t invite you to the house warming party until I _____ in. A. are moving B. will move C. have moved 29. I’m tired out. I stayed up the whole night, _____ for my midterm math exam. A. studying B. to study C. to be studying D. studied D. had believed D. Visiting D. one 30. John says he’s 80 years old, but nobody _____ him. A. believes B. believed C. has believed 31. _____ so many countries, you may have learned a lot about different cultures. A. To visit B. To have visited C. Having visited 32. We’ve been looking at houses but haven’t fo und _____ we like yet. A. this B. that C. it D. would D. moved
33. When it comes to going after _____ you love in life, don’t take no for an answer. A. how B. why C. what D. that 34. — What are your plans for _____ future? — I always dream of _____ future that I can spend all the time painting. A. a; 不填 B. the; a C. the; 不填 35. _____ David showed the report to the public surprised me. A. What B. That C. Which Keys ：21． A 22．C 31．C 32．D 33．C 23．B 24．D 25．B 26．D 34．B 35．B D. a; the D. Who
27．A 28．C 29．A 30．A
11 朝阳 21. My friend Chelsea and her husband are now at work on a new dictionary ______ next year. A. to publish B. being published C. published D. to be published 22. —Where’s your homework? —______. A. It’s been handed in C. It’d been handed in B. I would hand it in D. I had handed it in
23. —I wonder if you could go with me to the supermarket. —Don’t disturb me. I _______ my experiment report all the morning and haven’t finished yet . A. write C. have written B. was writing D. have been writing
24. Many people firmly believe ______ a healthy lifestyle can improve the quality of life. A. that B. if C. how D. why 25. She didn’t allow the accident to discourage her. On the contrary, she began to work __ ____. A. as twice hard A. Will B. twice as hard B. Should C. twice as harder C. Would D. harder twice D. Could
26. ______ it rain, the crops would be saved.
27. We greatly feel sorry ______ those who died or got injured in the disaster. A. at B. with C. for D. in 28. I finally got the job I dreamed about. Never in all my life ______ so happy. A. I felt A. is working B. did I B. works C. I had felt C. will be working D. had I felt D. worked
29. We will be los ing money this year unless that new economic plan of yours ______ well.
30. This article may shock some sensitive readers, ______ I offer my apologies in advance. A. from whom B. for whom C. to whom D. towards whom 31. —Will you please make yourself ______ to us, please? —I’m the honorary chairman of the comm ittee. A. know B. to know C. knowing D. known 32. Now ______ things are much more expensive. There has been ______ big rise in the cost of living. A. 不填; a B. the; a C. 不填; the D. the; the
33. ______ from other countries, sand painting is now being recognized in China for its uniqueness and creativity. A. Being imported A. that B. To import B. it C. Imported C. this D. Importing D. one
34. I’d appreciate ______ if you would like to teach me how to use the computer.
35. ______ you are aware of the trick used in advertisements, I don’t think you are eager to buy. A. Unless B. Whether C. Once D. Although
Keys: 21—35 DADAB BCDBC DACBC
21. What is your main reason for choosing one restaurant _________ another? A. from B. over C. on D. by 22. Babies’ health is much more likely to be affected if ________ parent smokes. A. both B. none C. neither D. either 23. She was busy preparing GRE, _______ she managed to find time to help her roommate with the paper. A. or B. so C. but D. and 24. The temperature in our city ________ fall to -13℃ in winter. A. shall B. can C. must D. should 25. Tom does speak Chinese well, but his reading and writing skills leave much _________. A. to improve B. to be improved C. being improved D. having improved 26. He is always ready to help others, never _________ them when they turn to him. A. refuse B. to refuse C. refusing D. refused 27. He is a man of few words, and seldom speaks until _____ to. A. spoken B. speaking C. to speak D. spoke 28. Due to a terrible flu that _________ on, many students didn’t show up to school yesterday. A. goes B. is going C. was going D. has gone 29. The young man, who by then _________ admission to university, decided to do some part-time jobs to pay for his education． A. gained B. was gaining C. had gained D. has gained 30. The internet connection for the entire area _________ when there was a sudden power cut yesterday. A. lost B. was lost C. had lost D. had been lost 31. He always wears glasses except ________ he is playing football. A. that B. when C. where D. whether 32. I would have told him the answer, but I _________so busy then. A. would be B. was C. would have been D. have been 33. ---Shall I tell your parents what happened? ---Not _______ they ask you. A. unless B. since C. once D. though 34. One can’t be really happy if _________he enjoys doing is regarded by society as of no importance. A. how B. that C. what D. where 35. This is not the only example of a plane crash _________ everyone but a child died. A. which B. where C. why D. when
30.B 31.B 32.B
copyright ©right 2010-2020。