高一英语单词竞赛试题 一：根据下列句子及所给单词的首字母或汉语提示，写出各单词的正确形式。 1. —I s_____ she is 30 years of age. —You guessed it! 2. To write a good essay you must first o_____ your ideas. 3. This work is not u_____; we c
an do it tomorrow. 4. You’d better give me my book, o_____ I’ll fail my test. 5. What we are worried about is how to r_____ the pollution. 6. _____ (个人的) cleanliness is important to health. 7. The temperature was _____ (零下) 10 degrees. 8. He tried to _____ (解决) the problem in another way but failed. 9. In the future not only a_____ but also common people can fly into space. 10. The a_____ at home has been depressing since they had that fight. 11. I often oversleep in the morning. F_____ my roommates always wake me up. 12. Before she stepped onto the stage to make a speech, she gave me a _____ （自信 的） smile. 13. He realized that their money was _____ （无用的） in this country. 14. We don’ t have to give up environmental protection to _____ （促进） economic growth. 15. Today many of them are in Australia _____ （比赛） in the first event of the European season, the women’s Australian Open. 16. I stood in the kitchen, waiting for the water to b______. 17. .There is a h_________ near our city, where you can find many big ships in and
18. Chew your food well before you s______ it. 19. The car stopped at the ______ （入口） to the garden. 20. Excuse me. I’ve got customers to ______ (招待). 21. I’m so sorry my room is in such a ______ (混乱). 22. Fire ______ (破坏) several stores in the business center.
23. The ______ (招待会) will take place on Saturday. 24. They will attend a graduation ______ (典礼).
25. The book gives a vivid d_________________ of the war. 26. At an a______ of four miles, the air is too thin to breathe.
27. When she heard the news that her husband was killed in the accident, she b_____ into tears. 28. Water can be turned into s________ when heated. 29. After the earthquake, the whole city was in r_________. 30. An accident happened. Luckily, nobody was i_________. 31. There was no s________ in the air crash. 32. The worked made great efforts to r________ the people who were trapped underground. 33. Because of the global warming, there are more and more natural d________. 34. J_______ from his accent, we know he comes from the west.
35. It’s my great h_________ to be invited to give a s__________ to you. 36. We should pay more attention to the q_________ as well as the quantity.
37. He is always w___________ to help anyone who is in trouble .
38.Everything needs to be done according to a certain _______________(原则,原理) 39. In some countries, especially in some poor countries, women are not
really e_____ to men.
40. The thief was caught and was s__________ in prison for 3 years.
41. If it c________ to rain for some days, the crops would be destroyed. 42. If he gets that _________(职位），I think he can do it well. 43. He received a sum of money, but he didn’t want to a_________ it. 44. They don't want to solve the problem with v____________. Instead, they hope to solve it in a peaceful way. 45. If you feel cold while sleeping, you can add a b________ on your quilt.
46. As a well-e________ person, it's hard for us to imagine that she treat the boy with such cruelty.
47. Many children s________ to death in Africa because of the lack of food. 48. In summer, there is usually p_______ of rain in our area. 49. They thought if they held some festivals, their ancestors would be s__________ with what they had done. 50. On his a_______, he was greatly welcomed by his fans. 51. The colour of our n________ flag is red with five yellows stars on it. 52. Under the lead of our party, we finally got i_________ from the other countries and built a country of our own 53. At the beginning of the year, farmers usually have a lot of a__________ work to do 54. The customs of some E___________ countries are quite different from ours 55. The w________ is a kind of fruit, which is quite famous in our city. 56. I hope you will always be e_________ when having classes. 57. Without the teacher's p__________, you cannot play with the computer in our
class. 58. It is o_______ that he has known the story. 59. He cheated her, which she would never f_______
60. She is so fat that she has made up her mind to go on a d_________ to lose weight. 61. Rice, noodles and bread all belong to e_______-giving foods. 62. Wu must keep the b_______ of nature. 63. C_________ drove him to follow his friend into that restaurant. 64. Scientist are doing some r________ to find the cause of the disease. 65. There are usually a lot of c_________ in the KFC. 66. Both of the two restaurants have their strength and weaknesses, so they decided to c___________ them together into a larger one. 67. Time is l________. We need to be hurry. 68. Knowledge can be of a great b_______ to everybody. 69. Some food is high in fibre which is easy to d___________.
70. The reason he gave to a________ for his absence was unbelievable. 71. As is known to all, we should never judge a person only by his a______________. 72. It's good m________ to say good-bye to the host when leaving. 73. Seeing the snake, she couldn’t help s____________.
74. He was popular because of his sense of h_________. 75. We don't like him because he is always j________ of other's success.
76. Not meeting his favorite singer, he felt quite d____________. 77. The reason why we have to fall to the ground is that there is g_________. 78. It is said the M__________of Japan will come to visit our country next month. 79. As is known to all, there are seven c___________ in the world. 80. I have such a good eye-sight that I can see the small things in the d___________.
二：用括号中所给单词的正确形式填空。 81. China is a powerful and _____ (peace) country. I’m proud of my motherland. 822. Jean is always _____ (complaint) about something. 83. A holiday will help you _____ (relaxing) after your exams. 84. I can’t stand the _____ (stressful) of modern life. 85. If you want to sell your old TV, why not put an _____ (advertise) in the local paper? 86. I am going to ______ (decoration) my bathroom next week. 87. The Spring Festival is a ______ (tradition) festival in China. 88. I was dressed in a ______ (smartly) blue suit. 89. She ______ (invitation) him to her 20th birthday party yesterday. 90. It is a challenge for him to remember the strange _________(pronounce)of these words 三：在空格出添上适当的词。 Mister, he said, I want to buy one of your puppies. Well, said the farmer, as he rubbed the sweat off the back of his neck, these puppies come from fine parents and cost a good deal of money.
The boy dropped his h__91___ for a moment. Then reaching deep into his pocket, he pulled out a h__92____ of change and held it up to the farmer. I've got thirty-nine cents. Is that enough to take a look? Sure, said the farmer. And with that he let out a whistle, Here, Dolly! he called. Out from the doghouse and down the ramp ran Dolly followed by four little balls of fur. The little boy pressed his face against the chain link fence. His eyes danced with d____93___. As the dogs made their way to the fence, the little boy noticed something else stirring inside the doghouse. Slowly another little ball appeared; this One noticeably smaller. Down the ramp it slid. Then in a s__94___ awkward manner the little pup began hobbling toward the others, doing its best to c_95__ up. I want that one, the little boy said, p_96___ to the runt. The farmer knelt down at the boy's side and said, Son, you don't want that puppy. He will never be able to run and p_97__ with you like these other dogs would. With that the little boy s__98___ back from the fence, reached down, and began rolling up one leg of his t___99____. In doing so he revealed a steel brace running down both sides of his leg attaching itself to a specially made shoe. Looking back up at the farmer, he said, You see sir, I don't run too well m_____, and he will need someone who understands. The world is full of people who need someone who understands.
copyright ©right 2010-2020。