一、假期学习的意义： 高二的第一个学期已基本结束，寒假即将到来。利用这个假期抓好英语学习十分 重要而且也非常必要。因此，如果充分利用这个假期开展英语学习，那么上游同学不 但能够进一步巩固基础而且能够扩大成果，继续保持领先优势；中下游的同学就能够 查缺补漏，夯实基础，为下一阶段大踏步前进铺设了桥梁，奠定了跳板。 另外，英语是一门语言。在学习
中，记忆非常重要，除了需要多说多听多读多写 之外，还需要有恒心有毅力，能够长期不懈地奋斗下去。在学习英语中，我们应该意 识到：学习英语的过程就是同遗忘不断作斗争的过程。在这个过程中，有一种现象令 人十分烦恼 ---- 别说我们努力地学习十天半月，即使很认真地学习一个学期，我们 往往也感觉不到明显的进步，得不到能够拿得出手的考试成绩。但是，在看不见摸不 着的精神世界里， 我们的知识在积累， 我们的能力在提高， 我们的智慧在升华。 其实， 学习知识犹如小男孩吃饭长身体，每日三餐一顿不少，每天测量身高却从不见变化， 但日复一日，年复一年，在寒来暑往的交替中，星转斗移的迁移中，蓦然回首，竟然 发现自己已经成为翩翩美少年，玉树临风，潇潇洒洒。这与学习英语十分相似。学一 日不见进，可是一日不学一定退。一日垒一砖，长城再长也能修完。 还有，在假期里认真学习，不言而喻，这是对意志力的磨练，对自我管理能力的 提高。自古成大业建奇功者，无不具有钢铁般的坚强意志。 二、假期学习的目标与计划： 在假期里学习英语，一定要确定学习目标。有目标就有方向，就有动力。英语学 习目标要根据自己的情况确定。 首先要做的第一件事是把英语分成以下几个板块： （ 1） 词汇量， （2）语法， （3）句法， （4）听力， （5）口语， （6）阅读， （7）写作。然后， 分析自己最薄弱的版块以及在今后英语学习中最基础最关键的版块。如果有必要的 话，也可以咨询老师和家长，一起磋商一下。最后，再根据假期的长短和家庭经济状 况，确定学习方式，或者自学，或者参加培训。同时，制定合理高效的学习计划。既 有目标又有计划， 假期的学习和生活就有规律， 有章可循， 避免了一团乱麻无所事事。 三．假期学习原则： 在假期中开展英语学习，能够防止遗忘，积累知识，提高能力，磨练意志。为了 达到这些目的， 还应该制定一些明确的不可动摇的原则。 其中， 最重要的一项原则是： 以主要学科的查缺补漏为主，兼顾其他学科和课外知识，依此制定科学合理的学习计 划和作息时间表。其次，劳逸结合，学习是最终目的。休息和体育锻炼等放松活动是 为了养精蓄锐，是为高效率学习服务的，是根据学习情况来确定的。要学会婉言谢绝 一些没有太大意义的交际活动。另外，在时间表安排上，各学科需要交叉进行，交替 开展英语与其它重要学科的学习。 这样做能够起到科学用脑的作用， 有利于提高效率。 最后，正确对待学习。学习是长知识开阔眼界的智力活动。学习时应该抱有轻松乐意 的心态，欣然而学，去品味，去体会，去思索，而不是只想着完成作业就万事大吉。 四、假期学习框架计划： 依据上文所讲的原则， 为了达到学习目标， 特意草拟一份学习计划和作息时间表， 供同学们参考。
2011.1.28（腊月二十五） 1.29 1.30 1.31 2.1 2.2（除夕） 2.3（正月初一） 2.4（正月初二） 2.5（正月初三） 2.6（正月初四） 2.7（正月初五） 2.8 2.9 2.10 2.11 2.12 2.13 2.14 2.15 2.16 2.17（元宵节） 2.18 2.19 2.20 （2.18-2.20 三天正常学习） （2.8-2.16 九天正常学习） （2.5-2.7 机动 依任务完成情况而定） （2.2-2.4 欢度春节） (1.29-2.1 四天正常学习) 放假；制定计划
词汇(15 分钟) 寒假英语作业(30 分钟) 英语 1 英语 2 英语 3 英语 4 泛读/听力(15 分钟) 自选 自选 自选 自选
1.29(腊月二十六) 复习高中 Us1-2 M5 1.30 1.31 2.1 2.2（除夕） 2.3(正月初一) 2.4(正月初二) 2.5(正月初三) 2.6 (正月初四) 2.7 (正月初五) 2.8 2.9 2.10 2.11 2.12 2.13 2.14 2.15 2.16 2.17 2.18 2.19 2.20 复习高中 Us4-5 M6 复习高中 Us1-3 M1 复习高中 Us3-5 M1 复习高中 Us1-3 M2 复习高中 Us3-5 M2 复习高中 Us1-3 M3 复习高中 Us3-5 M3 复习高中 Us1-3 M4 复习高中 Us3-5 M4 预习高中 U1 M7 预习高中 U2 M7 预习高中 U3 M7 调整心态，准备新学期 复习高中 Us3-4 M5 复习高中 U5 M5-U1 M6 复习高中 Us2-3 M6
英语 5 英语 6 英语 7 英语 8 英语 9 英语 10 英语 11 英语 12 英语 13 英语 14 英语 15 英语 16
自选 自选 自选 自选 自选 自选 自选 自选 自选 自选 自选 自选
高二英语组 2011-1-9 注：泛读（英文报刊杂志如：二十一世纪报；英语周报；霸王英语等） 听力（听力世纪风；维克多听力；央视 9 套；英文音乐、电台等）
星期___ 天气_____ 完成时间____分钟
作业一：Unit1 Book 5
1. This new e _______________for the car works well. 2. She has a strong c_________________. 3. The farmers in this area had a good harvest last year thanks to the s______________farming. 4. The doctor had my eyes e_____________for weakening. 5. The meeting c________________at eight o'clock. 6. They were d _______________ in their attempt(企图)to reach the top of the mountain. 7. The little brave girl e _________________ the crime(罪行)of the criminal(罪犯). 8. He was a____________________in the book. 9. He b ____________________ me for my negligence(疏忽大意). 10. I think you are too s_________________ on the boy. 11. He finished his work in a__________________(积极的) way. 12. We must try to _________________(分析)the causes of the strike. 13. He became____________________(狂热的) about classical music. 14. He has______________________(完成)the whole job already. 15. In the factory the workers______________(纺成线)wool into thread. 16. Be c_________________when you cross the street. 17. You should not r_________________the invitation from your old friend. 18. What is your v__________________on Chinese education? 19. The police are watching the man's m_________________secretly. 20. The class needs a s__________________teacher. 21. Kindness is one of the prime minister's __________________(特征). 22. Britain_________________(议定) a trade agreement with China. 23. Don't ________________(暴露) your skin to the sun or you will be burned. 24. The _________(贵重的) culture relics will be on show in Guangzhou Art Museum in October. 25. The famous Korean play actor got an________(热情的) reception in Hong Kong. 26. The most important thing is not to admit ________________(失败)27. Water and salt are _____________(吸收) into our blood stream everyday. 28. If a doctor or a medical treatment c__________someone's illness, they make the people well again. 29. A v_________________is a kind of germ that can cause disease. 30. If you a_____________something, you consider it carefully or use some methods in order to fully understand it.
1．蒸汽机_____________________2．提出 _____________________ 3．得出结论____________________4．也，另外___________________ 5．将……和…连接起来_____________________6．对……严格的________________________ 7．有意义_________________________8．通向，导致_________________________ 9．态度，观点________________________10．继续工作__________________________
1. 除了这些理由以外，他无话可说了 ______________ ___________these reasons, he said nothing. 2. 我们的英语老师对我们要求严格。 Our English teacher_____________ __________ ___________us. 3．让我们一起去听来自北京大学的李教授的演讲 Let's _____________the lecture by professor Li from Beijing University. 4. 他的粗心大意的驾驶导致了这起严重的交通事故。 His careless driving _________ ____________the serious traffic accident. 5. 他捐赠食物和衣服给红十字会。 He _____________food and clothing __________the Red Cross.
1. Most of the artists _____ to the party were from South Africa. A. invited B. to invite C. being invited D. had been invited 2. The computer center, _____last year, is very popular among the students in this school. A. open B. opening C. having opened D. opened 3. Cleaning women in big cities usually get _____ by the hour. A. pay B. paying C. paid D. to pay 4.—How do you deal with the disagreement between the company and the customers? —The key _____ the problem is to meet the demand _____ by the customers. A. to solving; making B. to solving; made C. to solve; making D. to solve; made 5. Don?t use words, expressions, or phrases _____ only to people with specific knowledge. A. being known B. having been known C. to be known D. known 6 _______ English is different from ______ English in many ways. A. Spoken; written A. sitting; wearing B. Speaking; written B. sitting; dressed C. Spoken; writing D. Speak; write C. seating; dressed D. seated; dressing 7 The woman ________ there under the tree, _______ in a blue shirt, is our headmaster. 8 Linda worked for the Minnesota Manufacturing Mining Company, _____ as 3M. A. knowing. B. known. C. being known. D. to be known 9 The _____ dishes lay on the floor. A breaking. B. broken. C. broke. D. break 10 the ship,____ by a huge piece of iceberg, cam to a sudden stop. A. hitting. B. hit. C. hitted. D. to hit
_月____日 星期_____ 天气_______ 完成时间_______分钟
作业二 Unit1-2 Book5 单项选择：
1,The meeting ______ tomorrow will be of great importance. All of us should attend it. A held B to be held C being held D is going to be held
2, You must do everything _________you ______. A as; are told to B as; are told B like; are told D when ; are told
3,The purpose of technology is to make it easier ,______ it more difficult. A not make B not to make C making not D do not make
4,Before using the more thing, you must______ carefully to these instruction. A join B join in C take part in D attend
5,The building _____in our school is for our teachers, though there is noise most of the day, we still feel happy about it. A built B having been built C to be built D being built
6,The old man,_______ abroad for 20 years, is on the way back to his mother land. A to work B working C to have worked D having worked 7,- Who are these people with banners? -A group _____ itself the league for Peace. A calling B called C calls D is called 8, The mother did not know _____ to blame for the broken glass as it happened while she was out. A who B when C how D what
9,There are trees and flowers along both sides of the road______ our school. A leading to B defeated C won D gained 10, It was unbelievable that the fans waited outside the gym for three hours ___a look at the sports stars. A had B having C to have D have
11,A man is questioned in relation to the _____ murder last night. A advised B attended C attempted D admitted
12,Linda worked for the Minnesona Manufacture and mining Company,_____ as 3M. A knowing B known C being Known D to be known
13, -George and Lucy got married last week. Did you go to their wedding.
-No, I _____.Did they have a big wedding. A was not invited B have not been invited C hadn?t been invited D didn?t invite 14, The major of Beijing says that all construction for Being Olympics _____by 2006. A has been completed B has completed C will have been completed D will have completed 15,______ to sunlight for too much time will do harm to one?s skin. A Exposed B having exposed C Being exposed D after being exposed 16.The lady said she would buy a gift for her daughter with the _______. A 20 dollars remained B 20 dollars to remain C remained 20 dollars D remaining 20 dollars 17.Has someone suggested there ___ be an international language all could understand and use ______? A can; it B /;/ C would; it D may;/
18. The Olympic Games, ___ in 776 B.C. did not include women players until 1912. A. first played B. to be first played C. first playing D. to be first playing ___ the next year.
19.The managers discussed the plan that they would like to see A. carry out B. carrying out C. carried out D. to carry out
20. European football is played in 80 countries, ___ it the most popular sport in the world. A. making B. makes C. made D. to make
21 Unless ___ to speak，you should remain silent at the conference． A．invited B．inviting C．being invited D．having invited
22.---You were brave enough to raise objections at the meeting. ---Well, now I regret ____ that. A. to do B. to be doing C. to have done D. having done
23. I can?t imagine_____ that with such a famous author. A. work B. to work C. to be working D. working
24____ a letter from her parents, Lily is now looking forward to ___ from them. A Having not received; hear C. Not having received; hearing B. Not received; hear D. Receiving not; hearing
25____ late in the morning, Bob turned off the alarm. A To sleep B. Sleeping C. Sleep D. Having slept
_ 天气___ __ 完成时间_
完形填空（共 10 小题；每小题 1.5 分，满分 15 分） 阅读下面短文，掌握其大意，然后从所给的四个选项（A、B、C 和 D）中，选出最 佳选项。 Charlie came from a poor village. His parents had __1_ money to send him to school when he was young. The boy was very sad. Mr. King lived next to him. He found the boy _2 and had pity on him and lent some money to him. So the boy could go to school. He studied hard and __3all his lessons. When he finished middle school, the man introduced him to his friend in the town. And he began to work. Once Mr. King was seriously hurt in an accident. Dying, he asked Charlie to take care of his daughter, Sharon. The young man __4and several years later he married the girl. He loved her very much and tried his best to make her happy. He often bought beautiful clothes and delicious food for her. He was good at cooking and he cooked __5__ for her. So she became very fat and she felt it difficult to walk. And one day she found there was something wrong with her heart. Her husband wasn?t at home and she had to go to __6__ at once. The doctors looked her over and told her __7__ eat meat, sugar, chocolate and things like these. She was afraid __8__ the doctor?s words and wrote all the names of the food on the paper. When she got home, she put the list on the table and __9__. When she returned home that afternoon, she found many kinds of food: meat, sugar and chocolate in the kitchen. Charlie was busy __10__ there. As soon as he saw her, he said happily, “I?ve bought all the food you like, dear!” 1. A. no 2. A. lazy 3. A. did well in 4. A. was angry 5. A. a little 6. A. rest 7. A. should 8. A. to remember 9. A. slept 10. A. reading B. some B. clever C. much C. careful D. enough D. hard D. said “No.” D. a lot D. work D. not to D. to teach D. ate D. writing
B. was poor at C. was workingD. was good for B. thought hard C. agreed C. many C. hospital C. to C. to catch C. cooked C. cooking
B. a few B. sleep B. would B. to forget B. went out B. seeing
二 阅读理解 An old lady in a plane had a blanket（毯子）over her head and she did not want to take it off . The air hostess spoke to her, but the old lady said, “I have never been in a plane before , and I am frightened. I am going to keep this blanket over my head until we are back on the ground again !” Then the captain came. He said, “Madam, I am the captain of this plane. The weather is fine, there are no clouds in the sky, and everything is going very well. ”But she continued to hide. So the captain turned and started to go back. Then the old lady looked out from under the blanket with one eye and said, “I am sorry, young man, but I don?t like planes and I am never going to fly again. But I?ll say one thing, ”She continued kindly, “You and your wife keep your plane very clean!” 11. An old lady had _________ . A. glasses A. take it off B. a blanket over her head B. turn it off C. get on C. a coat D. a basket 12. A. She didn?t want to ________ . D. talk about it 13. _________ spoke to her . A. The air hostess C. her husband A. abroad B. home B. The man next to her D. one of her friends C. in a plane D. in hospital D. to go home
14. The old lady had never been _________ before . 15. The woman didn?t like planes and she was never going ________ . A. to fly again B. to travel C. to go abroad
American cities are 1 other cities around the world． In every country, cities show the 3 2 of the culture. Cities contain the very employment and so on. They also changing, just Huston are cities 5 8 cities became smaller; 7 aspect(方面) of a society: opportunities for education, 6 large American
4 the very worst parts of a society. Now American cities are
American society. After World War Ⅱ , the population of
, the population in many Sun Belt cities increased. Los Angeles and 9 1940s, the people of the city
population increased. That people come into and out of the city shows the 10_. They moved out to buy their
changing value of American society. During this time, in the became wealthier and they had more children. They need more own homes. They bought houses 11
the city, areas near a city where people live and there are not 12 the cities in the 1950s are now adults. 16 states as Texas, Florida and 18 19 the outside of it, the excitement and
many offices or factories. During 1950s the American "dream" was to have a house outside the city. Now things are changing. The children of the people who They 13 their parents want to live in the cities. 14 15 Cities are becoming Californian. 17 continue to move to cities in the Sun Belt.
and the population is increasing in
are moving to more established cities, such as Boston and Chicago. Many young
doctors, lawyers and bosses are moving back into the city. They prefer the city because their jobs are there; they are afraid of the oil shortage; or they just class. 1．A．different from 2．A．value 3．A．well 4．A．content 5．A．likely 6．A．all 7．A．but 8．A．its 9．A．late 10．A．space 11．A．beside 12．A．arrived 13．A．as 14．A．Some B．similar to B．worth B．good B．get B．as B．most B．and B．which B．later B．spots B．downtown B．left B．like B．All C．better than C．importance C．better C．contain C．while C．few C．however C．where C．lately C．time C．countryside C．reached C．dislike C．Several
opportunities which the city offers. A new class is moving into the cities—a wealthier and 20 mobile D．worse than D．expense D．best D．include D．when D．much D．although D．that D．latter D．food D．outside D．entered D．unlike D．Both
15．A．big 16．A．such 17．A．The others 18．A．than 19．A．win 20．A．very
B．noisy B．these B．The ones B．better than B．enjoy B．and
C．larger C．those C．Peoples C．rather than C．earn C．more
D．wonderful D．many D．Others D．to D．own D．or
阅读理解 JOHANNESBURG… a crowded school bus swerved to avoid a car on a narrow bridge and smashed into a steel railing, killing 30 children and three teachers, police said on Sunday. The accident happened on Saturday night near Dundee, a small town about 200 kilometres southwest of Johannesburg, said Major Coert Marias of the Gurban police. Thirty-six children were injured, and most were hospitalized in satisfactory condition. (China Daily, Tuesday, Apr.14,1992 ) 21According to the news, the cause of the accident ________ . A. is unknown C. is clear A. April 11, 1992 C. April 14,1992 _________ . A. 33 A. serious B. 63 B. quite serious C. 66 C. not serious D. 69 D. in danger 24. According to the report the condition of the injured children is _________ . B. remains uncovered D. is being looked into B. April 12, 1992 D. April 20, 1992
22. The accident happened on __________ .
23. The number of passengers in the school bus suffered from the accident was
A On Dec.6,1959, while he was visiting Italy, American President Eisenhower called on the Pope (教 皇), John the twentieth in Vatican to pay his respects. Eisenhower introduced his tour to the Pope. The Pope told him that he could speak French, Bugarian and Turkish besides his native language Italian. President Eisenhower asked him “How about English?” the Pope said, “Well, I?m getting on in years and have got too much to do. Nevertheless , I spend one hour learning English every day.” Then ． ． ． ． ． ． ． ． ． ． ． ． Eisenhower asked again,” How is your English going?” the Pope smiled and answered, “The more I learn, the more I realized that saying ?The Pope is never wrong? is not true as far as the pronunciation of English is concerned.” 1. According to the Pope, he could speak ______ languages. A. three A. Besides B. four B. Therefore C. five C. In spite of that D. two D. As a result 2. The underlined word “Nevertheless” in the passage means “ __________”. 3. Which of the following statements is not true? ________ A. The Pope received Eisenhower in Vatican. B. The Pope was very busy. C. The Pope?s pronunciation was not good. D. The Pope was not interested in English. 4. According to the passage, the Pope was ________ . A. serious B. funny B Mark felt that it was time for him to take part in his community, so he went to the neighbourhood meeting after work. The area?s city councilwoman(女议员) was leading a discussion about how the quality of life was decreasing. The neighborhood faced many problems. Mark looked at the charts taped to the walls. There were charts for parking problems, crime, and for problems in vacant ( 空置的 ) buildings. People were supposed to suggest solutions to the councilwoman. C. lazy D. humorous
It was too much for Mark. “The problems are too big,” he thought. He turned to the man next to him and said, “I think this is a waste of my time. Nothing I could do would make a difference here.” Mark thought some more on his way to the bus stop. “People should just take care of themselves,” he decided. “That?s enough to do. I can?t take on all the problems of the world.” As he neared the bus stop, Mark saw a woman carrying a grocery bag and a baby. She was trying to unlock her car, but she didn?t have a free hand. As Mark got closer, her other child, a little boy, suddenly darted into the street. The woman tried to reach for him, but as she moved, her bag shifted ． ． ． ． ． ． and the groceries started to fall out. Mark ran to take the boy?s arm and led him back to his mother. Then he picked up the groceries while the woman smiled in relief. “Thanks!” she said. “You?ve got great timing!” “Just being neighborly,” Mark said. As he rode home, he glanced at the walls of the bus. On one of them was “Small acts of kindness add up.” Mark smiled and thought, “Maybe that?s a good place to start.” 5. In Mark?s opinion, ________ . A. nobody was so able as to solve the problems B. he was not in the position to solve such problems C. many people were too selfish to think about others D. he already had more than enough work to do 6. The underlined word “darted” in paragraph5 can be best replaced by “ _______”. A. walked B. marched C. wandered D. rushed 7. What is the words on the bus wall mean? ________ A. You should be kind to your neighbors and they will treat you the same way. B. Everyone can play his own part to make things better. C. All small acts will add up to kindness. D. It?s a small act to help a person in need. 8. The passage is mainly about _______ . A. how individuals (个人) can help make a difference B. running a neighborhood meeting to solve its problems C. citizen?s reactions to the problems they face D. solving problems through group action
There are two types of people in the world. Although they have equal degree of health and wealth and other comforts of life, one becomes happy, the other becomes unhappy. This arises from the different ways in which they consider things, persons, events and the resulting effects upon their minds. People who are to be happy fix their attention on the convenience of things: the pleasant parts of conversation, the well prepared dishes, the goodness of the wine, the fine weather. They enjoy all the cheerful things. Those who are to be unhappy think and speak only of the opposite things. Therefore, they are continually dissatisfied. By their remarks, they sour the pleasure of society , offend (hurt) many ． ． ． ． ． ． ． ． ． ． ． ． ． ． ． ． ． ． ． ． ． ． ． ． people, and make themselves disagreeable everywhere. If this turn of mind is founded in nature, such unhappy person would be the more to be pitied. the intention of criticizing (批判) and being disliked is perhaps taken up by imitation(模仿). It grows into a habit, unknown to its possessors. The habit may be strong, but it may be cured when those who have it realize its bad effects on their interests and tastes. I hope this little warning may be of service to them, and help them change this habit. Although in fact it is chiefly an act of the imagination, it has serious results in life since it brings on deep sorrow and bad luck. Those people offend many others. Nobody loves them, and no one treats them with more than the most common politeness and respect. This frequently puts them in bad temper and draws them into arguments. If they aim at getting some advantages in social position or fortune, nobody wishes them success. Nor will anyone start a step of speaking a word to favor their hopes. If they bring on themselves public objections, no one will defend of excuse them, and many will join to criticize their wrongdoings. These should change this bad habit and be pleased with what is pleasing, without worrying needlessly about themselves and others. If they do not, it will be good for others to avoid any contact(接触) with them. Otherwise, it can be disagreeable and sometimes very inconvenient, especially when one becomes mixed up in their quarrels. 1. People who are unhappy ________ . A. always consider things differently from others B. usually are affected by the results of certain things C. usually misunderstand what others think or say D. always discover the unpleasant side of certain things 2. The phrase “sour the pleasure of society” most nearly means “________”. A. have a good taste with social life B. make others unhappy C. tend to scold others openly
D. enjoy the pleasure of life 3. We can conclude from the passage that ________ . A. we should pity all such unhappy people B. such unhappy people are dangerous to social life C. people can get rid of the habit of unhappiness D. unhappy people can not understand happy person 4. If such unhappy person insists on keeping the habit, the author suggests people should ________ . A. prevent any communication with them B. show no respect and politeness to them C. persuade them to recognize the bad effects D. quarrel with them until they realize the mistakes
5. The song is often heard _______ in English. A. to sing A. Be caught A. hearing A. exhausted B. singing B. Catching B. heard B. exhausted C. sing C. Caught C. to hear C. being exhausted D. sung D. Having caught D. hear D. having exhausted D. He was ill 6. _______ in the rain, he was wet to the skin. 7. When Mr. Zhang spoke in class, there was so much noise that he couldn?t make himself ______. 8. After his journey from abroad, Richard Johns returned home, _______. 9. _____ for a long time, but he insisted on writing the novel. A. Having been ill A. Having lost A. Judged A. get changing B. Although being ill B. To lose B. Judging B. get change C. He being ill 10. _____ in thought, he almost ran into the car in front of him. C. Lost C. Judge D. Being lost D. To judge D. get changed 11. _____ from his accent, he is from Shanghai. 12. Sarah, hurry up. I am afraid that you can?t have time to ______before the party. C. get to change 13. _____ from other continents for millions of years, Australia has many plants and animals not found in any other country in the world. A. Being separated B. To be separated C. Having separated D. Having been separated 14. Sugar, when _____ with water, dissolve quickly. A. is mixed B. mixing C. mixed D. mix
______月_______日_______ 星期________ 天气__________完成时间：____
作业七： （Unit5 M5）
1. Her ankle s___________after the fall. 2. He (颁发)a silver cup to the winner.
3. _______________________(祝贺)to you on your success! 4. An a________________ is a vehicle for taking people to and from hospital. 5. He has gone to the hospital for special t__________________.
1．阻止(某人)做??_________________________ 3．挤出；榨出________ __ 2．触感____________________
_________ 4。在适当的位置_____________________ 6．开展，执行_____________________
5．反复，多次_______________________ 7．找到________________ _____
第一节 单项填空 (15 分)
1. Bad programmes on TV may have ______ on children. A.affect B.effect C.power D.control 2. The heavy rain ______ us starting out on time. A. kept B. prevented C. protected D. was stopped 3. John was so sleepy that he could hardly keep his eyes ______. A. open B. to be opened C. to open D. opening 4. I can hardly imagine Peter ______ across the Atlantic Ocean in five days. A. sail B. sailing C. to sail D. to have sailed 5. It's dangerous for young children to ______ pools, rivers and lakes ______. A. go closed to; themselves B. go closely to; by themselves C. get closely to; by themselves D. get close to; by themselves 6. No matter what you say, I shall ______ my plan. A. carry on B. keep up C. insist on D. stick to 7. For miles around me there was nothing but a desert, without a single plant or tree ______. A. in sight B. on earth C. at a distance D. in place 8. The report about the ______ surprised all the ______. A. present situation; people present B. present situation; present people C. situation present; people who present D. situation present; presented people 9. “Put on more clothes to ______ yourself ______ the cold;” mother said to Tom. A. prevent; from B. keep; from C. protect; of D. protect; from 10. ______ in the traffic accident ______ taken to the hospital. A. An injures; was B. The injured; was C. The injuring; were D. The injured; have been 11. As a rule here, no one ______ to enter the lab, ______ he is asked to. A. allows; if B. are not allowed; unless C. are allowed not to; after D. is allowed to; unless
12. He insisted on ______ his promise whatever people said. A. carrying out B. carrying at C. carrying through D. carry away 13. There is no doubt ______ man will conquer nature some day. A. whether B. why C. which D. that 14. How many ______ will you ______ in this sports meeting. A. incidents; join B. events; attend C. accidents; take part in D. games; enter 15. It is the ability to do the job ______ matters, not where you come from or what you are. A. one B. that C. what D. it
第二节 完形填空 (20 分)
When I was 16 years old, I made my first visit to the Unite State. It was not the fist time I had been 16 . Like most English children, I learn French 17 school and I had been to France, so I 18 speaking a foreign language to people who did not understand 19 . But when I went to American I was looking forward to 20 a nice easy holiday without any 21 problems. 22 wrong I was! The understanding began at the airport. I was looking for a 23 telephone to give my American friend Danny a 24 and tell her that I had arrived. A friendly old man saw me looking lost and asked 25 he could help me? “Yes,” I said. “I want to give my friend a ring.” “Well, that is 26 ,” he exclaimed. “Are you getting 27 ? But aren't you a bit 28 ?” “Who is talking about marriage?” I replied. “I 29 want to give my friend a ring to tell her I've arrived. Can you tell me 30 there's a phone box?” “Oh,” he said, “there's a phone downstairs.” When at last we 31 meet up, Danny explained the misunderstandings to me. “Don't worry,” she said to me, “I had so many 32 at first. There are lots of words which the Americans 33 differently in meaning from us Britain. You'll soon get used to 34 funny things they say. Most of the 35 British and American people understand each other. 16. A. out B. away C. outside D. abroad 17. A. from B. during C. at D. after 18. A. get used to B. was used to C. used to D. used 19. A. English B. French C. Russian D. Latin 20. A. buying B. having C. giving D. receiving 21. A. time B. human C. language D. money 22. A. Too B. What a C. What D. How 23. A. cheap B. popular C. public D. good 24. A. letter B. ring C. news D. good 25. A that B. if C. where D. when 26. A. well B. over C. nice D. ring 27. A. to marry B. to be married C. marrying D. married 28. A. small B. little C. old D. young 29. A. very B. just C. just now D. so 30. A. where B. in which C. over there D. that 31. A. did B. do C. could do D. had 32. A. trouble B. difficulties C. things D. fun 33. A. write B. speak C. use D. read 34. A. every B. these C. some D. all the 35. A. chance B. situation C. condition D. time
______月_______日_______ 星期________ 天气__________完成时间：____
作业八： （Units1-2 M6）
My name is Jane Eyre and my parents died when I was a baby．For ten years I lived a__1___life with my aunt and cousins who treated me unfairly． My cousins teased me and my aunt never showed me any___2_.T he only person who cared about me was the maid, Bessie．One day my cousin John 3 me: “You should go and beg, not live with rich folks like us!” After fighting with him I was locked in a room, where I ___4___ for hours crying. Things ___5___ the same until a tall gentleman called Mr Brockehurst came to visit．My aunt told me that I was going to a school ___6___by the gentleman．“Train her to be useful and humble,” said Aunt．Two days later I ___7___ my home. At first my ___8___ at Lowood School was easy．The food was bad and I was often cold but I made ___9___ and enjoyed studying．But after an illness killed several students, new owners ___10___ the school and life improved．Six years later I ___11___ a teacher and was very happy．But event ually （最后） I felt that I should explore more of the world and found a job as a private teacher in a ___12_. Before I left Lowood, I was__13__by Bessie, who told me that seven years ago my father?s brother had come ___14___ me but left again to go abroad．“He looked like quite a gentleman,” said Bessie．I wondered if he would ever look for me again. My new life ___15___ at Thornfield Hall, a large country house, ___16___ a little girl called Adele．She was the adopted（被收养的） daughter of the owner of the house, Mr Rochester．He ___17___stayed at Thornfield and ___18___my time was mainly spent with Adele and the servants． My life was quite happy now although there was something___19__about my new home．Often I heard odd （奇怪的） sounds ___20___ from the top floor of the house. 1．A．happy 2．A．food 3．A．shouted at 4．A．lived 5．A．appeared 6．A．built 7．A．built 8．A．food 9．A．noise 10．A．took over 11．A．turned 12．A．school 13．A．taught 14．A．looking for 15．A．stopped B．long B．love B．cried over B．stayed B．worked B．designed B．reached B．life B．friends B．took up B．met B．home B．visited B．looking after B．continued C．sad C．method C．found out C．studied C．seemed C．owned C．left C．book C．mistakes C．took off C．became C．library C．brought C．looking into C．started
D．comfortable D．schooling D．talked with D．beat D．remained D．opened D．sold D．study D．faces D．took away D．found D．country D．required D．looking at D．remained
16．A．showing 17．A．often 18．A．yet 19．A．interesting 20．A．come
B．teaching B．hardly B．so B．good B．drop
C．searching C．happily C．still C．instructive C．fall
D．wanting D．quietly D．though D．strange D．go
单项选择（共 15 小题；每小题 1 分，满分 15 分）
21. — If our plan can?t get through, we?ll lose a good opportunity. — _____________. Our plan is perfect. A. Don?t mention it B. Don?t worry C. Of course D. It doesn?t matter 22. The country has experienced great changes in the last 20 years and it has been ________ from a backward agricultural country into a modern one. A. conveyed B. translated C. transported D. transformed 23. I am considering changing to a more interesting job, as the present job, which requires a lot of _______, nearly bores me to death. A. repetition A. could A. It were not emotion. A. that B. what C. where D. how 27. — We ____ food and drink. I?m afraid we?ll have to end our trip ahead of time. — What a pity! A. used up A. pulled down A. sense airport. A. why A. fit A. it; one B. that B. correct B. one; it C. where D. because C. appropriate C. it; it D. common D. one; one 31. Sportswear is not ______ for such a formal occasion. You?d better change it. 32. I have no camera to lend to you, but my brother has ______. He bought ____ only a few days ago. B. deal B. have run out C. are running out of B. taken down C. fallen off C. point D. difference D. are giving out D. taken off 28. With the heavy load _______ her mind, she felt she could enjoy her life again. 29. They are in great need of help. So your support will certainly make a ______. 30. Nobody believed his reason for being absent from class _____ he had to meet his uncle at the B. would B. instruction C. was C. impression D. did D. Had not been D. explanation 24. Old William plays the violin as well as he ____ twenty years ago. 25. _____ for your laziness, you could have finished the assignment by now. B. Weren?t it C. Had it not been 26. When something happens _____ we like, we usually feel joy, which is a positive and powerful
______月_______日_______ 星期________ 天气__________完成时间：______分钟
A Health experts have discovered that adding low-calorie vegetable soup to the start of a meal can actually help to lose weight. Because you tend to feel full sooner, you eat less of your main course. The soup regime was tested by researchers at Pennsylvania State University, led by Dr Barbara Rolls. They found that when participants in the study ate a first course of soup before lunch they reduced their total calorie intake by 20 per cent, compared with those who did not begin the meal with soup. But those who favour creamy soups should be careful．Researchers stressed the soup must be low-calorie and based on stock（菜汤）, not cream. All of the soups tested in the study were made from identical ingredients - chicken stock , broccoli （硬花甘蓝）, potato, cauliflower（菜花）and carrots. They were mixed together to create four different textures and thickness from separate stock and vegetables through to pureed soup. Scientists thought that thick soups with chunks of vegetables which required chewing might be more filling, but to their surprise they found all forms had the same effect. The findings were presented to the Experimental Biology conference in Washington, DC, and the research was part-funded by the National Institutes of Health. 1．What?s the reason that adding low-calorie vegetable soup to the start of a meal can actually help to lose weight? A．you can take in large quantities of vegetables. B．you can absorb high calories from the soup. C．you can take in low calories from the soup. D．you can feel full soon after having the soup. 2．Which of the following can not be in the low-calorie soup? A．chicken stock． B．cauliflower． C．cream． D．carrots. 3．What?s the general idea of the seventh paragraph? A．What is contained in the soup． C．Whom the soup is suitable to． 4．What is the bes t title of this passage? A．Vegetable Soup Helps to Lose Weight． B．A Scientific Research is Carrying out. C．A Research did at Pennsylvania State University D．Findings were carried out to the Experimental Biology. 5．The underlined word “favour” is the same in meaning with ______. A．hate． B．dislike． C．prefer． B
B．How the soup is made． D．where the soup is stored.
Nine out of 10 New Zealanders rate their quality of life as good or better, according to a new survey published on Monday． Researchers for the third national Quality of Life survey spoke to 500 people in each of the 12 main centers and 2,000 people in the rest of the country． In the cities, 87 percent of reside nts said their overall health was good or better and 86 percent of people said they had enough money to cover living costs． Nine out of 10 people said they felt safe in their homes, but people were concerned about vandalism（恶意破坏）, car theft and dangerous driving ． Only 11 percent of people nationwide said they felt safe in their city center at night for reasons including the perception of dangerous people in the area, media coverage of crime and alcohol and drug problems in the central city． People in Wellington and the North Sho re felt safest, while Christchurch had the highest number of people who felt unsafe． Wellingtonians were the most proud of their city, 82 percent, while the least proud were people in Manuka, 43 percent, and Auckland, 51 percent． Wellingtonians thought they had the best quality of life at 94.9 percent, followed by Dunedin at 94.2 percent and Christchurch at 93.1 percent． The survey found 59 percent of people in the cities felt people from different cultures made their city a better place to live． The 12 participating councils were North Shore, Waitakere, Auckland, Manukau, Rodney, Hamilton, Tauranga, Wellington, Porirua, Hutt Christchurch and Dunedin． The survey was funded by the councils and the Ministry of Social Development. 1．What is the best title of the passage? A．Research shows New Zealanders are happier than Americans. B．The third national Quality of Life survey shows its research. C．New Zealanders have good quality of life in the world. D．A new survey was published on Monday. 2．Which of the following city is thought to be the least safe? A．Wellington． B．the North Shore． A．report． A．with example． B．protection． B．with figures． C．Dunedin．D．Christchurch. C．shelter． C．with facts． D．consistence． D．with ideas. 3．The underlined word “coverage” in the fifth paragraph is closest in meaning to _____. 4．How is the passage organized? 5．Which of the following would be NOT true according to the passage? A．New Zealanders are satisfied with their life. B．The survey was supported by the councils in money. C．Less than half of the people live their good life in different cultures. D．The Wellingtonians were the most proud of their city.
______月_______日_______ 星期________ 天气__________完成时间：______分钟
作业十： （Units1-2 M6）
1. She __________(预言) that I would marry a doctor. 2. Her _________(典型的) way of speaking didn?t change at all. 3. Now more and more Chinese people are __________(领养;收养) kids simply they love children. 4. The ring is one of her most valuable __________(财产). 5. My remarks were not _________(针对;瞄准) at you. 6. He a_____________(企图;试图) to leave but was stopped. 7. There are many art ____________(画廊) in the city of Shanghai. 8. We may talk of beautiful things, but beauty itself is _____________(抽象的). 9. Your luggage will be _____________(运送) to the hotel by taxi. 10. Our plan needs to be _____________(灵活的；可变动的) enough to meet the needs of everyone. 11. E____________(终于；最后), the spring came after a long severe winter. 12. We ______________(交流；交换) our opinions about the event at the meeting. 13. Why do you have no major ______________(赞助人；主办者)? 14. She won a ____________(奖学金) to study at Stanford. 15. He loves science fiction in________________(特别；尤其).
1.——Did you submit(递交）your application for a Master?s degree(硕士学位）？ ——Not yet. If I_____ to see my father, I would have.” A. didn?t go B. haven?t gone C. wouldn?t have gone D. hadn?t gone 2.——Why didn?t Tom give you one of his paintings? ——I didn?t want one, but he would have given me one if I ____. A. Do B. would C. will D. had 3.——Do you think the thief entered through the garage door? ——No, if he had, I don?t believe _____broken the living room window. A. would he have B. he had C. he would have D. he has 4._______I?d have told you. A. If I would have known it B. If I had have known it C. Had I known it D. Should I know it 5. I ____come yesterday, but I couldn?t. A. was to have B. must C. ought D. have to 6. It?s high time that we ___ to school. A. would to B. went C. go D. will go 7. It seems as if it ___ rain. A. will to B. is going to C. is to D. were going to 8. I?d rather you ___ right away. A. leave B. left C. will leave D. to leave 9. I must go there earlier. John has suggested that I _____an hour before the discussion begins. A. go B. shall go C. will go D. would go 10. It is really strange that the girl ___ so early. A. has been married B. has married C. be married D. would marry
11. I wish I ___ what to do. A. knew B. have known C. know 12. ___, I would take an umbrella with me. A. Had I been you B. I were you C. Were I you 13. If I had hurried, I ___ the train. A. would catch B. could catch C. would have caught 14. He insisted that John ___ it. A. do B. does C. did 15. It is high time we ___ off. A. are B. were C. be
D. would know D. I had been you D. had caught D. would do D. will be
对学校餐厅的现状的分析。请你根据下表内容,用英语为你校英语刊物的问题讨论栏目写一篇题为 Tidy the dining hall in our school 的文章，说明情况, 并发表自己的见解。 问题 原因 建议 具体措施 学 校 餐 厅 有人把它看作垃圾场, 让更多人养成好习 张贴告示，提醒大家注意自己的 不整洁 把吃剩的食物丢在桌 惯；让乱丢垃圾的 品行，保护周围环境；学生巡视， 上、地上。 人清理垃圾。 发现乱丢垃圾的人，让他们留下 来， 在所有人就完餐后打扫餐厅。 注意：1. 短文应包括表中主要内容，可以适当增加细节，使文章连贯、完整。 2．字数：100 左右。3． 参考词汇： 吃剩的 leftover；垃圾 litter
______月_______日_______ 星期________ 天气__________完成时间：______分钟
作业十一：Unit 3 M6
1. 25 people were promoted______ the big adjustment in the company. A. in spite of B. along with C. due to D. rather than 2. He has been living in Hainan for two years, and he is now______to the hot weather. A. accountable B. accepted C. customers D. accustomed 3. We want to know whether the drug has an effect_______people?s health. A. on B. to C. with D. in 4. Premier Wen Jiabao_____the importance of seeing China in the light of her development in his speech at University of Cambridge. A. approved B. devoted C. concluded D. stressed 5. She felt______of doing that and tears ran down her cheeks. A shame B. ashamed C. sorry D. disappointed 6. It?s a family of three children, ______are______the Internet. A. all of them; fond of B. both who; made up of C. all of whom; addicted to D. all which; satisfied with 7. _____which one to buy between the two necklaces, she purchased both. A. Deciding B. Not deciding C. To decided D. Not to decide 8. —Do you feel like_____there or shall we take a bus? —I?d like to walk. But since there isn?t much time left, I?d rather we _____ a taxi. A. walking; hire B. to walk; hire C. to walk; hired D. walking; hired 9. Many senior officials in our country were charged with_____the power last year. A. amusing B. abusing C. accusing D. amazing 10. According to a report，cigarette smoking_____in all indoor public places in our province soon. A. will ban B. have banned C. will be banned D. have been banned 11. The leader_____his basketball team by bringing in several young players. A. weakened B. strengthened C. quitted D. banned 12. Doctors are doing research to find out what happens physically when people_____smoking. A. quit B. decline C. depart D. reserve 13. _____for money for drug, the crazy young man robbed the women passing the dark narrow lane. A. Considerate B. Desperate C. Encouraging D. Moderate
Healthy Habits, Healthy Body Feeling tired lately? Has a doctor said he can?t find anything wrong with you? Perhaps he sent you to a hospital, but all the advanced equipment there shows that there is nothing wrong with you. Then, consider this: you might be in a state of subhealth(亚健康). Subhealth, also called the third state or gray state, is explained as a borderline state between health and disease. According to the investigation(调查)by the National Health Organization, over 45 percent of subhealthy people are middle-aged or elderly. The percentage is even higher among people who work in management positions as well as students around exam time. Symptoms(征兆)include a lack of energy, depression(压抑), slow reactions, insomnia(失眠)， agitation(焦虑), and poor memory. Other symptoms include shortness of breath, sweating and aching in the waist and legs. The key to preventing and recovering from subhealth, according to some medical experts, is to form good living habits, alternate work and rest, exercise regularly, and take part in open-air activities. As for meals, people are advised to eat less salt and sugar. They should eat more fresh vegetables, fruit and fish because they are rich in nutritional(营养的)elements— vitamins and trace elements(微量元素)—that are important to the body. Nutrition experts point out that it is not good to eat too much at one meal because it may cause unhealthy changes in the digestive tract(消化道). They also say that a balanced diet is very helpful in avoiding subhealth. 1. According to this passage, which of the following is right? _______. A. When you are in a state of subhealth, you should stay home and keep silent. B. When you are in a state of subhealth, you should go to see a doctor and buy some medicine. C. When you are in a state of subhealth, you should have yourself examined in foreign countries. D. When you are in a state of subhealth, you should find out the reasons and relax yourself. 2. Middle-aged people may be easy to feel subhealthy because______. A. they have used up their energy B. they have lost their living hopes C. they have more pressure in life and work D. they begin to get older 3. The key to preventing you from falling into a state of subhealth is that you should______. A. work hard B. sleep more C. form good living habits D. take more medicine 4. As for food, experts suggested that_____. A. we should never eat meat B. we should have meals with less salt and sugar C. we should eat less than usual D. we should have meals without salt and sugar
______月_______日_______ 星期________ 天气__________完成时间：______分钟
作业十二： Unit 4
The ice sheets in the poles and glaciers on the high mountains are melting and the world is in danger of save us? 4 to a scientific study last Monday，Arctic ice will completely end of this century unless carbon dioxide emissions are greatly World Wildlife Fund (WWF). Arctic degrees centigrade by 2100. The melting will cause sea levels to rise 10 . “The polar bear is one century，”the WWF said. fishing and oil and gas exploration. “Industrial countries are Russia this month the agreement. The new 19 20 1. A. snowing 2. A. catastrophe 3. A. smelling 4. A. According 5. A. renew 6. A. increased 7. A. size 8. A. special 9. A. by 10. A. to be moved 11. A. pattern 12. A. But 13. A. should was sponsored by a group of industrial countries， including the US and Canada， B. flooding B. luck B. smoking B. manage B. reduced B. temperatures B. normal B. on B. move B. mode B. And B. will C. watering C. famine C. cooking C. await C. died C. length C. average C. in C. to move C. style C. So C. may D. raining D. existence D. melting D. disappear D. raised D. weight D. abstract D. to D. moved D. example D. Or D. ought to produce almost 30 percent of global carbon dioxide emissions. 14 an uncontrolled experiment to study the effects of 15 change. The Arctic is their first victim，”Morgan said. 16 the Kyoto Protocol，an agreement to cut production of six greenhouse gases. But the US， the biggest polluter， 17 to do so. In 2002， 104 countries， 18 China， accepted 11 of an animal that could become extinct by the end of this 13 open up new areas for 12 ，on the positive side，rising sea levels 9 one metre，forcing many coastal populations 7 6 . 8 and could rise seven 5 in the summers by the 1 . While you were surprised by the special 2 ，you know that it is just a made-up 3 ? Can anyone story and there will be a hero to save the world. But what if the ice sheets are really
“The big melt has begun，”said Jennifer Morgan，from the Climate Change Campaign for the are rising at twice the global
B. Looking forward C. Used D. Seeing
14. A. carrying forward
B. carrying out C. carrying on D. carrying about
15. A. sky 16. A. accepted 17. A. agreed 18. A. as well 19. A. study 20. A. where
B. weather B. received B. refused B. except B. learn B. when
C. climate C. got C. decided C. without C. know C. how
D. atmosphere D. pushed D. wanted D. including D. understand D. who
1. Many a quarrel has come about (发生) between them because they often misunderstand each other. (come) 2. He did not _______________________(赞同我的建议)that we should stay here for another two days. (subscribe) 3. She has ________________________ (许多好衣服) ， in which she looks more beautiful. (quantity) 4. _________________________ (物价又上涨了) because of the economic recession. (go) 5. As is reported，the accident ______________________________ (造成十人死亡). (result) 6. He is __________________(强烈反对这一计划) that will be discussed at the meeting. (oppose) 7. He will come to your birthday party on time ________________________ (即使下雨). (even if) 8. It is reported that the temperature ______________________ ( 将继续上升 ) unless some measures should be taken. (keep)
1. The kids soon ____________（吃完）all the food on the table. 2. The employment problem tends to be a city _________________（现象）. 3. He _______________（捐助）a large sum to the relief fund. 4. There is a small ________________（数量）of water left in the bottle. 5. The flood in this area was a major _______________(大灾难). 6. The proposed new airport will be strongly ____________ (反对) by the local residents. 7. I?m quite willing to accept the ______________________(后果). 8. The witness _________________ (陈述)that she had never seen Mr. Smith. 9. There is a ____________________(趋势) towards regional cooperation. 10. There is a ___________________(普遍的) belief that the company is in financial trouble.
______月_______日_______ 星期________ 天气__________完成时间：______分钟
作业十三: Units 3-4 M6
目前越来越多的年轻人加入到了志愿者行动中。 中国日报正在举行一次以 Voluntary Work in China 为主题的征文活动。请你依据下面表格所提供的要点写一篇英语短文，向该报社投稿。 活动形式 活动内容 你自己的观点或看法 1.走进社区 帮助老人，提供医 ...... 疗服务 2.走进西部 支援西部教育 ...... 3.加入环保行列 宣 传 环 保 的 重 要 ...... 性；植树造林；清 理河道等 注意：1. 短文须包含表格中的内容，并可适当发挥。要求结构合理，紧凑连贯； 2. 开头已为你写好，但不计入总词数； 3. 词数：120～150。 Voluntary Work in China Nowadays, in China more and more young people are engaged in voluntary work.
阅读下列材料，从所给的六个选项（A、B、C、D、E 和 F）中，选出符合各小题要求的最 佳选项。选项中有一项是多余选项。 Li Hua has just come back from the US and intends to give some of his relatives mentioned in 1～5 some books as gifts. He brings back six books (A～F). After the description of each person, decide which book is the most suitable one for the people and then mark the correct letter (A～F) on your answer sheet. There is one extra book, which you do not need to use. 1. Li Hua?s uncle is fond of reading story books. He reads all kinds of stories such as love
stories, historical stories, detective stories, etc. , However, what interests him most are science fiction stories. 2. Li Hua?s mother works for a local newspaper. She used to write a column(专栏)about love but now she is making a survey about how much foreigners know about Chinese people and culture. She has been collecting materials in China and from abroad. 3. Li Hua?s father is a history teacher who is very interested in the history of China especially China?s modern history. What?s more, he pays special attention to the development of China?s minority areas. 4. Li Hua?s cousin is a senior middle school student who is going to take the College Entrance Examination next year. But she is not good at English, especially English grammar. So she is looking for some books which are helpful. 5. Li Hua?s little brother is studying in a middle school. He as well as some other students is going to pay a visit to an American middle school and stay there for three weeks. He is a little worried because he knows nothing about American school life. A. Into Tibet: The CIA?s First Spy and His Secret Expedition to Lhasa. (by Thomas Laird) This book introduces the identity and specific spy activities of Douglas Mackieman, the first CIA agent (中 情局探员) who was killed on duty by armed Tibetans. The author of the book based his description on detailed research based on the memories of former CIA agents and interviews with related eyewitnesses in Tibet and India. B. Practical English Usage (by Michael Swan) This book is a practical reference guide to language points. It deals with over 600 points which regularly cause problems for foreign students of English. Most of the points treated are grammatical, but there are also explanations of a certain number of common vocabulary problems. Being a reference book, it contains information at various levels, ranging from relatively simple points to quite advanced problems. C. Battlefield Earth (by L. Ron Hubbard) An intelligent and creative masterwork of adventure in the far future, L. Ron Hubbard?s Battlefield Earth describes an Earth controlled for a thousand years by an alien invader (入侵者)—and man is an endangered species. New York Times best-selling author L. Ron Hubbard has created a vast, unforgettable and exciting world in Battlefield Earth. D. Xu Ling?s American Adventure (by Mary Williams) Xu Ling is an excellent Chinese student from Hangzhou. As his father goes to America for a one-year training, Xu Ling, as well as his mother goes with his father and begins his new life in Eisenhower High School. The book consists of 21 chapters, each reflecting Xu Ling?s life in America in a different aspect. The book is written in the most fundamental words and is intended for Chinese middle school students. E. Chicken Soup for the Couple?s Soul (by Jack Canfield and Mark Victor Hansen) This is a book for husbands and wives and lovers and anyone who dreams of finding their soul?s true mate(配偶). Each story in this book was written by someone who has been transformed by love. Some stories will make you laugh. Some will make you cry. But above all, the stories in this book sing high praise for love?s ability to endure, beyond years, beyond difficulty, beyond distance, beyond even death. F. Where?s the Duck in Peking? (by Cliff Schimmels) Whether you are a China expert or a novice, this book will give you insight into the hearts and minds of the Chinese people. Cliff brings the reader to tears on one page and belly laughter on the next. This profound look into China?s everyday life is a must-read for anyone interested in working in China or working with the Chinese people.
作业十四：Unit 5 一、单词拼写
1. The story ______(使兴奋)the little boy very much. 2. On hot days we often go _____(洗澡) in the river. 3. I can?t _____(评价) his ability without seeing his work. 4. I got into a _____(惊慌) when I found the door was locked.
5. The studied the German market to find the _____(可能性) there for investment. 6. It was a cold, wet day and the children were b_____. 7. It?s many years since Mount Vesuvius e_______. 8. He drew f______ animals with two heads and large wings. 9. I?m a______ to get home to open my presents. 10. They had to c_____ tomorrow?s football match because of the bad weather.
1. 一次火山爆发 2. 3. 4. 5. 6. 7. 8. 9. 活火山 把??和??进行比较 设想做某事 冒险 碰到、遇到某人 使某人/自己激动 保护??免遭?? 被警告（不要）去做某事 处于危险之中 冒险做某事 把??比作??
警告某人有危险 10. 把??搬离?? 11. 全部焚毁 12. 多得多，多很多 13. 第一次看见?? 14. 睡得很熟 15. 正要做某事??就在这时?? 16. 亮如白昼 17. 在远处（大范围的） (有间隔的)在远处（的具体某地） 18. 在山的一边 19. 近距离的观看(某物) 20. 陷入恐慌（状态） 陷入恐慌（动作）
1.---Did you listen to the lecture ? ---Yes, I have never heard such a ___________ one. A. more exciting A. force so. A. potential B. cause C. hope D. choice 4._____________ other good students, the teacher thinks, Hank is ____________ student. A. Compared with; a most satisfied C. Compared to; the satisfying A. anxious for; anxious about C. anxious about; anxious for A .to eat not A. plenty of; many A. to; drawing A. hopes A. this A. such many; so A. to have been held had enjoyed his stay here. A. having added A. Not baking C. Not being baked B. to add C. adding D. added 14.___________ any biscuits that morning, we had nothing to eat. B. Not having baked D. Not having been baked B. eating not B. diversity of; many B. at; draw B. is hoping B. that B. Compared to; the most satisfied D. Compared with; a more satisfying B. eager for; eager about D. anxious about; eager about C. not to eat C. diverse; many a D. not eating D. diversity; a few D. at; to draw D. is hoped D. it?s C. so many; that C. to hold D. too many; that D. to have held B. more excited B. make C. take C. most exciting D. get D. most excited 2.There are so many people that he has to ____________ his way through them. 3.People who do not smoke have less ____________ of suffering from lung cancer than those who do
5.They were ___________ their daughter being out so late at night, and very ________ her return.
6.The patient was warned ________ oily food after the operation. 7.Therer are a great _________ flowers shown in the park and _________ people go to have a look 8.The teacher glanced _________ this student who was busy________ a picture. C. at; drawing C. hoped C. its 9.It ________ that there will be no war in the world. 10.I don?t think _________ possible to master a foreign language without much memory work. 11.You?ve made ___________ mistakes in the writing ________ we can?t quite catch what you meant B. many of; that 12.The football match was said ________ in Rome, but it was held in London at last. B. to be holding 13.The visiting minister expressed his satisfaction with the talks, _________ that he
作业十五：Unit 5 一、完形填空
Carolyn Stradley is the founder of C&S Paving Inc. (铺路公司) in Atlanta, USA. In the following account, she recalls the job that challenged her 1 and skill but left her flying high. “When the Atlanta Airport was under 2 site 4 in 1979, we were a new company struggling to make it. the cars could be on other local paving National Car Rental wanted to have 2,500 square meters of dirt paved 3 company wanted to do the job,6 Rental our offer and 8 it couldn?t be done in such a short time. to try harder. We gave National Car them
the airport opened, and the official opening was only ten days away! 5
“Because we were new and really needed the work, we were 7
our best effort to get the job finished within ten days. We also 9
that if we failed, they would be no worse off, 10 they had plenty to gain if we succeeded. “We got the job and immediately went into 11 . Working at night needed lights, so I rented a 12 challenge was to keep the rock , I got a special 15 to rent machine to produce electricity for the site. Our
mixture 13 enough. All the available water wagons ( 洒水车 ) were rented out for the airport construction, and we certainly couldn?t afford to buy a new one. 14 those hoses to 17 down the rock. “Those ten days were filled with challenges that 18 parking lot. “The key to our success was having the 20 to take on any job and then being creative in our approach to getting it done.” 1. A. kindness 2. A. construction 3. A. after 4. A. while 5. A. Some 6. A. stating 7. A. able 8. A. supported 9. A. asked 10. A. though 11. A. discussion 12. A. next 13. A. cold B. patience B. repair B. as B. since B. Any B. reporting B. nervous B. promised B. surprised B. but B. action B. first B. wet C. imagination C. control C. for C. where C. No C. telling C. afraid C. continued C. reminded C. as C. practice C. past C. loose
fire engine hoses (消防水龙带) and connect them to nearby hydrants (消防栓); then I 16 held one of one creative idea after another. Nine days later,
the night before the airport opened, National Car Rental was the 19 company that had cars on the
D. experience D. development D. so D. when D. Every D. warning D. willing D. improved D. demanded D. unless D. production D. previous D. clean
14. A. Naturally 15. A. excuse 16. A. exactly 17. A. pull 18. A. required 19. A. best 20. A. courage
B. Obviously B. order B. personally B. knock B. mixed B. last B. interest
C. Meanwhile C. permit C. angrily C. hit C. followed C. second C. hope
D. Instead D. reason D. hardly D. water D. formed D. only D. chance
中央号召创建节约型社会，可是许多校园内部浪费现象严重。请你在班会课上发表演讲，号 召同学们从我做起，杜绝浪费。 浪费现象 1．水、电 2．餐厅的食物 危害 1．自身性格 2．父母财政负担 （内容由考生自己添加） 措施
3．其他（由考生自己添加） 3．自然资源 注意： （1）词数 130 左右，演讲的开头和结尾已写好，不记入总词数。 （2）不要逐字逐条翻译，要组成一篇通顺连贯的短文。 Dear friends, May I have your attention, please? Now I?d like to make a speech here. With the improvement of living standard, there are a lot of waste on campus. For example, the students
Therefore, I?m sure, with everyone doing his bit we will change the present situation for the better. That?s all. Thank you!
作业十六：Unit 5 阅读理解
A Life gets noisier every day and very few people can be free from noise of some sort or another. It doesn?t matter where you live—in the middle of a modern city, or a faraway village—the chances that you will be disturbed by jet aero planes, transistor radios, oil-powered engines, etc. are almost everywhere .We seem to be getting used to noise, too. Some people feel quite lonely without background music while they are working. Scientific tests have shown that total silence can be very frightening experience for human beings. However ,some people enjoy listening to pop music which is very loud, and this can do harm to their eardrums(耳鼓).The noise level in some disco is far above the usual safety level for heavy industrial areas. One recent report about noise and concentration(专心) suggested that although a lot of people say that any noise disturbs their concentration, what really affects their ability to concentrate is a change in the level of noise. It goes on to say that a background noise, which doesn?t change too much (music, for example) may even help people to concentrate. 1. From this passage, the pollution of noise _______________. A. doesn?t matter much B. has become better in big cities C. has become worse everywhere D. has become better in villages 2. “Background music” in the passage means _______________. A. music played in the concert B. music played while people are working C. music helps people to concentrate D. a kind of noise coming into your ears 3. Some people may have their hearing hurt _______________. A. while they are in completely silence B. while they are dancing violently C. while they are listening to soft music D. while they are listening to pop music 4. Scientists have discovered that what prevents people from concentrating is ______. A. any kind of noise B. background noise C. great changes in level of noise D. various background music B What is eBay? The simple answer is that it is a global trading platform where nearly anyone can trade practically anything. People can sell and buy all kinds of products and goods, including cars, movies and DVDs, sporting goods, travel tickets, musical instruments, clothes and shoes---- the list goes on and on. The idea came from Pierre Omidyar, who was born in Paris and moved to Washington when he was still a child. At high school, he became very interested in computer programming and after graduating from Tufts University in 1988, he worked for the next few years as a computer engineer. In his free time he started eBay as a kind of hobby, at first offering the service free by word of mouth. By 1996 there was so much traffic on the website that he had to upgrade(升级) and he began charging a fee to members. Joined by a friend, Peter Skoll. and in 1998 by his capable CEO, Meg Whitman, he has never looked back. Even in the great.com crashes of the late 1990s, eBay has gone from strength to strength. It is now one of the ten most visited online shopping websites on the Internet. eBay sells connections, not goods, putting buyer and seller into contact with each other. All you have to do is take an e-photo, write a description, fill out a sales form and you are in business; the world is your market place .Of course for each item (商品)sold eBay gets a percentage and that is great deal of money. Every day there are more than sixteen million items listed on eBay and eighty percent of the
items are sold 5. We learn from the text that eBay provides people with_______. A. a website for them to upgrade B. a way of buying and selling goods C. a place to exhibit their own photos D. a chance to buy things at low prices 6. Why did Pierre create eBay after graduating from university? A. For fun. B. To make money. C. For gathering the engineers. D. To fulfill a task of his company. 7. From “he has never looked back “in Paragraph 2 we learn that Pierre______. A. did not feel lonely B. was always hopeful C. became more and more successful D. did not think about the past 8. How does eBay make money from its website? A. By bringing sellers together. B. By making e-photos. C. By listing items online D. By charging for each sale C It feels like every time my mother and I start to have a conversation, it turns into an argument. We talk about something as simple as dinner plans and suddenly, my mother will push the conversation into World War III. She?ll talk about my lack of a bright future because I don?t plan to be a doctor. And much to her disappointment, I don?t want to do any job related to science, either. In fact, when I was pushed to say that I planned to major(主修) in English and communications, she nearly had a heart attack. “Why can?t you be like my co-worker?s son?” she bemoans all the time. Her co-worker?s son received a four-year scholarship and is now earning 70,000 dollars a year as an engineer. I don?t know what to answer except that I simply can?t be like Mr. Perfect as I?ve called the unnamed co-worker?s son. I can?t be like him. I?m the type of person who loves to help out in the community, write until the sun goes down, and most of all, wants to achieve a career because I love it, not because of fame (名声) or salary. I understand why my mother is worried about my future major. I?ve seen my mother struggle to raise me on her small salary and work long hours. She leaves the house around 6:30 am and usually comes home around 5 pm or even 6 pm. However, I want her to know that by becoming a doctor, it doesn?t mean I?ll be successful. I?d rather follow my dreams and create my own future. 9. Which of the following topics do the writer and his mother often talk about? A. The writer?s studies. B. Dinner plans C. The writer?s future job D. Wars around the world 10. We can infer from Paragraph 1 that the writer?s mother ____________. A. gets along very well with the writer B. doesn?t think the writer should be a doctor C. doesn?t want the writer to major in English D. doesn?t think working in the science field is a good idea 11. The underlined word “bemoans” in Paragraph 2 most probably means ______. A. complains B. shouts C. agrees D. smiles 12. Which of following statements is probable TRUE about the writer? A. He wants to be like his mother?s co-worker?s son. B. He wants to do something he really likes in the future. C. He doesn?t think his mother?s co-worker?s son is perfect. D. He wants to find a job in his community in the future.
一。 1. engine 2. character 3. scientific 4. examined 5. concluded 8. absorbed 9. blamed 10. severe 15. spin 16. cautious 17. reject 18. view 19. movement 6. defended 7. exposed 21. characteristics
11. positive 12. analyse 13. enthusiastic 14. completed 20. strict
22.concluded 23. expose 24. valuable 25. enthusiastic 26.defeat 27. absorbed 28. cures 29. virus 30.analyse 二。1. steam engine 2. put forward 3. draw a conclusion 4. in addiction 5. link…to 6. be strict with 7.make sense 8. lead to 9. point of view 10.work on 三。 1. Apart from 2. is strict with 3. attend 4. led to 5. contributed to 四．1-5 ADCDD 6-10 ABBBB
作业二：1-5 BABDD 6-10DAAAAC11-15CBCCC 16-20 DBACA 21-25ADDAA 作业三：1---50ABACD 6---10CDBBC
作业四：1—5 BADCB 6—10BCCAA 11—15 DBDAC 16—20 ADDBC 21-24 CADC 作业五：1—4 CCCD 5—8 BDBA 作业六：1—4 DBCA 5—9 DCBAD 10—14 CBDDC 作业七：
1. swelled 2. presented 3. ambulance 4.Congratulations 5. treatment
1. prevent sb from doing sth 2. sense of touch 3. squeeze out 4. in place 5. over and over again 6. carry out 7. put one’s hands on 8. a number of 9. be proud of 10. cut off 第一节单项填空 1-5 BBABD 6-10 DAADD 11-15 DADDB 第二节完形填空 16-20 DCBAB 21-25.CDCBB 26-30.CDDBA 31-35.ABCDD
1-2CBABD 6-10CCBBA 11-15CBBAC 16-20BBBD A 21-25 BDADC 26-30 ACDDB 31-32 CB 作业九： A：1．D 2．C 3．B 4．A 5．C B：1.C 2．D 3．A 4．B
Keys: 单词拼写：1. predicted 2. typical 3. adopting 4. possessions 5. aimed 6. attempted 7. galleries 8. abstract 9. transformed 10. flexible 11. Eventually 12. conveyed 13. sponsor(s) 14. scholarship 15. particular 语法：1-5 DDCCA 6-10 BBBAC 11-15 A C C A B 写作： Tidy the dining hall in our school I hate the school dining hall in our school. Some people seem to treat it as if it were a rubbish area. They throw the leftover food about, on the table or on the ground. This makes the hall look unpleasant for us to come and eat there. I have several solutions. First, get more people to form good habits by putting posters around the hall asking them to be more thoughtful of their behaviors and protect our environment. Second, make people pick up their own litter. We can do this by asking some students to walk around the hall and watch out for those that drop litter. We can make those who are found dropping litter stay behind and tidy up the hall after all the students have finished their meal.
1. 【解析】 选 C。 考查介词短语。 句意为“由于公司进行大的人事调整， 有 25 人得到了升迁”。 in spite of 尽管； along with 和??一起；due to 由于，因为=because of；rather than 而 不是。故选 C。 2. 【解析】选 D 。考查词义辨析。accountable“有责任的，有解说义务的；可说明的”； accepted“接受；答应”；customers“顾客，主顾，客户，买主”；accustomed“习惯”。由 句意可知 D 项正确。 3.【解析】选 A。考查短语搭配。have an effect on“对??有影响”。 4.【解析】选 D。句意：在剑桥大学的演讲中温家宝总理强调了用发展的眼光看中国的重要性。 approve 赞成，批准；devote 献身，致力于；conclude 断定，推断出；stress 强调，符合句意。 5.【解析】选 B。考查短语搭配。be ashamed of（doing)sth. 因（做了）某事而感到羞愧。 6.【解析】选 C。由于句中缺少连词，故 A 项错误；由于先行词是 children，且 D 项中 which 不指人，故 D 项错误；题干中有数字 three，故其后应使用不定代词 all。 7.【解析】选 B。句意：对于这两条项链，她拿不准买哪一条，便全买了下来。不定式表示尚 未发生的动作，故 C、D 两项错误；由题意可知应用否定形式，故 B 项正确。 8. 【解析】选 D。考查短语搭配。feel like doing“喜欢；想要”；在句型 would rather+that 从句中，从句中的谓语动词应用虚拟语气，此处表示与过去事实相反，故应使用过去时。 9. 【解析】 选 B。 句意为： 去年在我们国家许多高级官员因为滥用职权而被指控。 amuse“使?? 发笑”； abuse“滥用（职权等）”；accuse“责备，控告”； amaze“使吃惊”。 10.【解析】选 C。句意为：据报道，在我省很快就要全面禁止在室内公共场所吸烟。cigarette smoking 作主语应用被动语态, soon 暗示应该用将来时。 11.【解析】选 B。句意为：队长通过招进几个年轻的队员来增强他的篮球队的实力。weaken“削 弱”；strengthen“加强”；quit“停止”；ban“禁止”。 12.【解析】选 A。考查动词词义辨析。句意为：医生正在做当人们戒烟后身上发生的变化的研 究。quit 停止；decline 下倾，下降，下垂；depart 离开，起程；reserve 储备，保存，预约。 根据句意且主语是人可知是停止吸烟。 13.【解析】选 B。考查形容词词义。considerate“对??关心爱护的，体谅(人)的，照顾周到 的”；desperate“不顾死活的，拼命的”；encouraging“鼓励的，赞助的，振奋人心的，令人 欢欣鼓舞的”；moderate“有节制的，温和的，稳健的”。由句意可知 B 项正确。 二、阅读理解: 本文主要介绍了亚健康的症状及应对策略。 1.【解析】选 D。细节理解题。根据第六段可知 D 项为正确选项。 2.【解析】选 C。推理判断题。根据第四段的内容及常识可推知，中年人易处于亚健康状态是因 为对他们而言来自生活和工作的压力较之其他人群更大。故选 C。 3. 【解析】选 C 。细节理解题。根据第六段“The key to preventing and recovering from subhealth. . . is to form good living habits. . . ”可知答案为 C。 4.【解析】选 B。细节理解题。根据第七段第一句可知答案选 B。
1.【解析】选 B。句意：极地的冰原和高山的冰川融化了，地球面临着被洪水淹没的危险。 flood“淹没”。 2.【解析】选 A。句意：当你担心地球的灾难时，你知道，它只是编造的故事而已，肯定会 有一个大英雄横空出世拯救世界。catastrophe“突如其来的大灾难”。 3. 【解析】 选 D。 句意： 然而， 假如冰原真的融化了， 那该怎么办呢？谁来救我们呢？melt“融 化”。 4.【解析】选 A。据上周一发布的一项科学研究。according to. . . “根据??”，固定
搭配。 5.【解析】选 D。句意：那么，北极冰盖将在本世纪末的夏季完全消失。renew“再生”， manage“设法”，await“等待”，disappear“消失”。 6.【解析】选 B。句意：如果二氧化碳排放量不能大幅度下降的话。从 unless 看出，此处是 否定的假设。increase“增加”，reduce“减少”，die“死亡”，raise“抬起”。 7.【解析】选 B。句意：世界自然基金会全球气候变化委员会的 Jennifer Morgan 说：“北 极冰盖已经开始大规模地融化。 ”size“大小， 尺寸”， temperature“温度”， length“长度”， weight“重量”。 8.【解析】选 C。句意：北极正在以全球平均气温 2 倍的上升速度快速升温。到 2100 年，北 极有可能上升 7 摄氏度。special“特殊的”，normal“正常的”，average“平均的”， abstract“抽象的”。 9.【解析】选 A。句意：冰盖融化将导致全球海平面上升 1 米。介词 by 表示升降的尺度。 10.【解析】选 C。句意：许多沿海居民将被迫迁移。force sb. to do sth. “逼迫某人干 某事”。 11.【解析】选 D。句意：世界自然基金会有关人士说：“北极熊就是在本世纪末灭绝的其中 一例极地动物。”pattern“样品”，mode“形式”，style“风格”，example“例子，实例”。 12.【解析】选 A。句意：不过，冰盖消失也不无积极意义。从 on the positive side 看出， 此处是转折关系。but 表示转折关系，and 表示并列关系，so 表示因果关系，or 表示逆向假设关 系。 13.【解析】选 B。句意：海平面的上升将会带来新的渔场以及油气资源。此处表示一般将来 的动作。 14.【解析】选 B。发达国家正在进行另外一项实验。carry forward“结转”，carry out“开 展，实现”，carry on“继续开展”，carry about“随身携带”。 15.【解析】选 C。句意：以研究气候变化带来的影响，验证气候变化的存在。sky“天空”， weather“天气”，climate“气候”，atmosphere“大气”。此处指长期的天气现象——气候。 16.【解析】选 A。句意：本月，俄罗斯在《京都议定书》协议上签字。accept 表示乐意接 受。 17.【解析】选 B。句意：而世界最大的污染源美国却拒绝加入该协议。从 But 看出美国和俄 罗斯的行为是相反的。 18. 【解析】 选 D。 句意： 为削减全球 6 种温室气体的排放量， 许多国家签署了 《京都议定书》 。 2002 年包括中国在内的 104 个国家接受了《京都议定书》 。B 和 C 项是同等的意义，故排除。 19.【解析】选 A。句意：发达国家的气候变化研究由一些发达国家发起，包括美国和加拿大。 此处的 study 是名词，表示“研究”。 20.【解析】选 D。句意：全球近 30%的二氧化碳排放量来源于美国、加拿大等发达国家。who 引导一个非限制性定语从句，在从句中作主语。
1. Many a quarrel has come about (发生) between them because they often misunderstand each other. (come) 2. He did not subscribe to my proposal (赞同我的建议)that we should stay here for another two days. (subscribe) 3. She has quantities of good clothes (许多好衣服)，in which she looks more beautiful. (quantity) 4. Prices have gone up again (物价又上涨了) because of the economic recession. (go) 5. As is reported，the accident resulted in ten deaths (造成十人死亡). (result) 6. He is strongly opposed to the plan (强烈反对这一计划) that will be discussed at the meeting. (oppose) 7. He will come to your birthday party on time even if it rains (即使下雨). (even if) 8. It is reported that the temperature will keep on going up (将继续上升) unless some measures should be taken. (keep)
1. The kids soon consumed（吃完）all the food on the table. 2. The employment problem tends to be a city phenomenon（现象）. 3. He subscribed（捐助） a large sum to the relief fund. 4. There is a small quantity （数量）of water left in the bottle. 5. The flood in this area was a major catastrophe (大灾难).
作业十三： 一、书面表达： 【参考答案】
Voluntary Work in China Nowadays, in China more and more young people are engaged in voluntary work. They are doing many different kinds of jobs. Some volunteers go into communities to care for the old people who live alone, and offer them free medical care, which helps the elders become more energetic and optimistic. Meanwhile, some join in the Go West Project, trying to improve the standard of education in those remote and less developed areas. What?s more, some others organize various activities to help people realize the importance of protecting our environment, or take action to plant trees, clear up rivers, and recycle waste and so on. In my opinion, doing voluntary work will do much good not only to society but also to the volunteers themselves. Also, all the voluntary work can make a difference. Therefore, volunteers are honorable, and with their efforts, the world will become more beautiful. 二、阅读理解: 1～5. CFABD
I. 单词拼写 1.exited 2.bathing 3.evaluate 4.panic 5.potential 6.bored 7.erupted 8.fantastic 9.anxious 10.cancel II. 短语翻译 1. a volcano erupting 一次火山爆发 2. an active / a live volcano 活火山 3. compare?with / to? 把??和??进行比较 compare?to? 把??比作?? 4. imagine doing sth. 设想做某事 5. take risks / a risk 冒险 at risk 处于危险之中 at the risk of doing sth.?冒??危险 risk doing sth.冒险做某事 6. meet with sb. 碰到、遇到某人 7. excite sb./oneself 使某人/自己激动 8. protect sb. / sth. from? 保护??免遭?? 9. be warned (not) to do sth. 被警告（不要）去做某事 warn sb. of danger 警告某人有危险 10. move sth. out of the way 把??搬离?? 11. burn to the ground 全部焚毁 12. far more (=much more) 多得多，多很多 13. the first sight of? 第一次看见?? 14. be fast asleep 睡得很熟 15. be about to do sth. ? when? 正要做某事??就在这时?? 16. as bright as day 亮如白昼 17. in the distance 在远处（大范围的）at a / some distance (有间隔的)在远处（的具体某地） 18. in the side of the mountain 在山的一边 19. have a much closer look ( at sth.) 近距离的观看(某物)
20. be in a panic 陷入恐慌（状态）get into a panic 陷入恐慌（动作）
1---5 AAADC 作业十五：
One possible version: Dear friends, May I have your attention, please? Now I?d like to make a speech here. With the improvement of living standard, there are a lot of waste on campus. For example, the students leave the lights on in the daytime, water running after washing and remains of a lot of food after eating on the table. Some of the students even ask their parents for pocket money. So it is high time that we had to deal with the problem. The reasons are as follows; In the first place, the bad habit of being wasteful will have a bad influence on their own character. Secondly, it adds financial burden to their parents. Last but not the least, it also exhausts the world?s very limited natural resources, water and electricity. But how to reduce the waste? In my opinion, it is everybody?s business to fight against waste. One one hand, I should start with myself to save everything. On the other hand, I?d like to remind my friends here to take the lead in reducing the waste. Therefore, I?m sure, with everyone doing his bit, we will change the present situation for the better. That?s all. Thank you! 完型解析： [语篇解读] 本文为记叙文讲了一个公司的创办者回忆了当年公司创办初期艰难创业的经历，从 而使我们认识到，成功的关键是要勇于承担艰难的工作，发挥想象力和创造力，去完成别人认为 不可能完成的事。 1. C kindness 善意；patience 耐心；imagination 想象力；experience 经历，经验。此题考查把握语 篇上下文的联系。根据倒数第二段中 Those ten days were…one creative idea after another.（那十天 中满是……和一个接一个的创造性想法） ，…being creative in our approach to getting it done.（…… 在接近完成工作过程中表现出的创造能力。 ） ，由此可知，完成此项工作需要的是他们的想象创造 的能力，故选 C。 2. A construction 建设；repair 修理；control 控制，管理；development 发展，从文中可知，这是 一项新工程，故选 A。 3. D 考查连词用法。需要分析先后语句的关系。国家出租车公司想把 2500 平方米的土面铺成沙 石面（用了 have sth. Done 结构） ，目的是在机场开放的时候，公司的出租车可以有停放的场所， 故选 D。 4. D 考查连词用法。这是时间状语从句，且从句 open 为非延续性动词，故选 D。 5. C 考查语境用语，从后半句可知答案。 6. A 动词辨析题。 state——to say, express, or put into words especially formally （尤指正式地说/陈述 /阐明） ；report——to provide information about or to give an account of, make something known（报 告，记叙，叙述） ；tell——to make (sth.) known in words（把某事告诉别人） ；warn——to tell of something bad that may happen or how to prevent something bad（警告，告戒，提醒） ，根据词义， 故选 A。 7. D 形容词辨析。根据语境，Carolyn Stradley 是一个新公司，在其他公司拒绝接受此工程的情况 下，他们主动接受了挑战。B、C 项与语境不符，故排除；able 强调能力，不是主动性，与语境 不符，故选 D。 8. B 动词辨析题。support 支撑，支持；promise 承诺，应允；continue 继续；improve 改善，提高， 根据语境，此处词意为承诺，故选 B。 9. C 考查语境中动词的使用。ask 要求，问；surprise 吃惊；remind 提醒；demand 要求，根据语 境和词意，故选 C。 10. B 连词辨析题。句意：我们还提醒他们，如果我们不能完工，他们不会赔钱，但是如果我们 成功了，他们就会有大钱可赚。显然句子先后是转折关系，故选 B。 11. B 考查名词与介词的固定搭配。go into discussion 不成立，常用 under discussion 在讨论中；go
into action 行动起来；go into practice 不成立，常用 put …into action 付诸实施；go into production 开始大量生产，从结构角度，排除 A、C 项，D 项语意不符，故选 B。 12. A 考查语境用词。前文提到晚上干活用电问题，此处应指接下来的挑战，故选 A。 13. B 考查语境用词。下句中提到租用了所有的洒水车，故选 B。 14. D 考查语境关系用词。上文提到买不起新的洒水车，下文说有了另一种特别想法。 naturally 自然地；obviously 明显地；meanwhile 同时；instead 代替，顶替，故选 D。 15. C 考查语境用词。excuse 借口；order 命令，秩序；permit 允许，许可（证） ；reason 理由，根 据词义，故选 C。 16. B 考查语境中副词的使用。exactly 准确地；personally 亲自地，就自己而言；angrily 生气地； hardly 几乎不，根据语境可知，Carolyn Stradley 亲自举着消防水龙带浇石头，故选 B。 17. D 考查语境中动词的使用。前面讲举着消防水龙头，此处必然是用水浇，故选 D。 18. A 考查动词辨析。require 要求，需要；mix 混合；follow 跟随，继……之后；form 形成，根 据语意，故选 A。 19. D 考查语境中的用词。因上文提到是 National Car Rental 公司请他们修的停车场，所以在机场 开放的时候，此公司是唯一一家使用这一停车场的公司。故选 D。 20. A 考查名词辨析。courage 勇气；interest 兴趣；hope 希望；chance 机会，可能。本段总结了 公司成功的秘诀：不畏艰难，勇于接受挑战，充分发挥想象力和创造力。故选 A。 作业十六：1-4CBDC 5-8BACD 9-12CCAB
copyright ©right 2010-2020。