2012 年 12 月河北省普通高中学业水平考试试题 英语试题
本试卷分为四部分，第一部分的第一节和第二节、第二部分和第三部分为选择题，第一部分的第三节 和第四部分为非选择题。满分 100 分，考试时间 90 分钟。 注意事项： 1. 答题前，考生务必用直径 0.5 毫米的黑色墨水签字笔将自己的姓名、准考证号、考场号、座位号在 答题卡上填写清楚。 2. 选择题部分：每小
题选出答案后，用 2B 铅笔把答题卡上对应题目的答案标号涂黑。如需改动，用 橡皮擦擦干净后，再选涂其它答案标号。答在试卷上的答案无效。 3. 非选择题部分：必须使用 0.5 毫米的黑色墨水签字笔在答题卡上书写，要求字体工整，笔迹清晰。 务必在题号所指示的答题区域内作答，超出答题区域书写的答案无效，在试题卷、草稿纸上答题无效。 4. 考试结束，务必将试题卷和答题卡一并上交。
第一部分 听力 (共三节，满分 20 分)
做题时，先将答案标在试卷上。录音内容结束后，你将有两分钟的时间将试卷上的答案填涂到答题卡 上。 第一节 (共 5 小题；每小题 1 分，满分 5 分) 听下面 5 段对话。每段对话后有一个小题，从题中所给的 A、B、C 三个选项中选出最佳选项， 并标在试卷的相应位置。听完每段对话后，你都有 10 秒钟的时间来回答有关小题和阅读下一题。每 段对话仅读一遍。 1. What are the speakers going to do? A. To play tennis. B. To go swimming. C. To do some cleaning. 2. What does the woman think of the movie? A. Frightening. B. Interesting. C. Boring. 3. Which university is the woman thinking of studying at? A. An older one near the city. B. A modern one in the city. C. An older one far from the city. 4. Where does the conversation most probably take place? A. In a hospital. B. In a store. C. In a bank. 5. What's the weather like now? A. Rainy. B. Sunny. C. Cloudy. 第二节（共 10 小题；每小题 1 分，满分 10 分） 听下面 4 段对话，每段对话后有几个小题，从题中所给的 A、B、C 三个选项中选出最佳选项，并标在试 卷的相应位置。听每段对话前，你将有时间阅读各个小题，每小题 5 秒钟；听完后，各小题将给出 5 秒钟 的作答时间。每段对话读两遍。 听第 6 段材料,回答 6 至 7 题。 6. What are the speakers mainly talking about? A. Environment. B. Education. C. Agriculture. 7. How much paper do Americans use a year? A. 850 million tons. B. 86 million tons. C. 15 million tons. 听第 7 段材料,回答 8 至 9 题。 8. How does the man know that the woman is Spanish? A. By her dress. B. By her hairstyle. C. By her accent.
9. When did the woman begin to live in Canada? A. At the age of twenty. B. At the age of twelve. C. At the age of twenty-five. 听第 8 段材料,回答 10 至 12 题。 10. How long have the speakers known each other? A. For about ten terms. B. For about seven years. C. For about ten years. 11. When did the speakers become friends? A. Since the third grade. B. Since the fourth grade. C. Since the first grade. 12. What do the speakers plan to do? A. Have dinner together. B. Have a class get-together. C. Go to see their classmates. 听第 9 段材料,回答 13 至 15 题。 13. How long will the man be staying in the hotel? A. A week. B. Two or three nights. C. One night. 14. Why will the man stay in the hotel? A. To find a room. B. To find a job. C. To come on business. 15. What do we know about the man? A. He will spend most of the time in the hotel. B. He will see Miss Winston tomorrow. C. He doesn’t eat in the hotel. 第三节（共 5 小题; 每小题 1 分，满分 5 分） 听下面一段材料，根据所听到的内容填空，每空只填一词。此段材料读两遍。 注意: 请将本题答案写 在答题卡相应位置。 听第 10 段材料，完成 16 至 20 题。 Laws in England The first is about drinking. The second is about 17 . Neither you nor your friends may buy alcohol if you are 16 eighteen. It is against the law to 18 cigarettes or tobacco if you are less than 16 years of age. The traffic here moves on the 19 . You should either take the waste material 20 or put it in a dustbin.
The third is about crossing the road. The last is about litter .
第二部分 英语知识运用 (共两节，满分 35 分)
第一节 单项填空 (共 15 小题；每小题 l 分，满分 l5 分) 从 A、B、C、D 四个选项中，选出可以填入空白处的最佳选项，并在答题卡上将该项涂黑。 21. Teachers usually get paid once_____ month. A. a B. an C. the D. 不填
22. He made a few notes to _____ himself of what he wanted to say. A. call B. miss C. remind D. remember 23. _____ for breaking the window, the boy cried for he hadn’t done it. A. To be blamed B. Blamed C. Having blamed D. Blaming
24. Our water supply has been _____ because they’re repairing one of the main pipes. A. cut out B. cut up C. cut away D. cut off
25. His bes t film, _____ won several awards, was about the life of Gandhi. A. this B. that C. whose D. which
26. Harry's been driving all day. He _____ be tired. A. need B. must C. should D. could
27. If I were any younger, I would do _____ I am interested in. A. whichever B. whoever C. whomever D. whatever
28. Why not try on this overcoat? You will look great _____ it. A. for B. in C. with D. at
29. She did much _____ in the second half of the match. A. best B. good C. better D. well
30. What he said is well worth _____. A. considering B. being considered C. to be considered D. to consider
31. She finds _____ boring to stay at home alone all day long. A. them B. these C. that D. it
32. She walked home by herself, _____ she knew that it was dangerous. A. because B. if C. although D. as
33. There's no _____ for you to come if you don't want to. A. need B. wonder C. doubt D. possibility
34. He _____ as a captain since ten years ago. A. is serving B. serves C. has served D. served
35. — I think you should go now. —_____.
A. Never mind
B. Go ahead
C. All right
D. You’re welcome
第二节 完形填空 (共 20 小题；每小题 l 分，满分 20 分) 阅读下面短文，从短文后各题所给的四个选项(A、B、C 和 D)中，选出可以填入空白处的最佳选项， 并在答题卡上将该项涂黑。 A little boy almost considered himself as the most unfortunate child in the world because a terrible illness made his leg lame (瘸的). He questions, he always 37 36 play ed with his classmates; and when the teacher asked him to answer 38 the neighbor and told his 39 42 to . his head without a word. 40 43 to buy a favorite gift for whoever grew best. The boy also it. 44 to find that it appeared 46 up. his promise, and said that he would
One spring, the boy’s father got some saplings (树苗) plant one each person. The father also wanted to get his father’s 41 So after watering it once or twice, he never greener and 45
. But seeing his brothers and sisters carry water actively, he lost
A few days later, when the little boy went to see his tree again, he was than his sisters’ and brothers’. His father 47 surely become an outstanding botanist (植物学家) when he
From then on, the little boy slowly became suddenly recalled what the 49 courtyard and unexpectedly found his father out of control…
. One night, looking at the bright moonlight outside, he under his tree with a big spoon. 52 51 , he
teacher once said: plants generally grow at night. Then he came to the to his room, tears running down
understood: his father had been secretly watering his small tree! He Decades passed. The little boy didn’t become a botanist, States. His name was Franklin Roosevelt. 54 36. A. always 37. A. lowered 38. A. through 39. A. daughters 40. A. demanded 41. A. gift 42. A. touch 43. A. looked after 44. A. disappointed 45. A. stronger 46. A. changed 47. A. grew 48. A. hopeless 49. A. history 50. A. working 51. A. Fortunately 52. A. came 53. A. and 54. A. Help 55. A. sand 53
he was elected President of the United 55 , it can make
is the best nutrition (营养) of life; even if it is just one spoonful of clear B. seldom B. raised B. into B. sons B. promised B. praise B. sight B. looked for B. excited B. weaker B. made B. woke B. optimistic B. physics B. resting B. Therefore B. returned B. or B. Love B. soup C. frequently C. bent C. of C. children C. agreed C. tool C. heart C. looked around C. worried C. heavier C. kept C. turned C. guilty C. chemistry C. sleeping C. Suddenly C. turned C. but C. Work C. soil D. sometimes D. nodded D. from D. neighbours D. wished D. help D. face D. looked into D. surprised D. shorter D. broke D. stayed D. generous D. biology D. singing D. However D. walked D. so D. Promise D. water
the tree of life lively.
第三部分 阅读理解（共两节，满分 30 分）
第一节 (共 10 小题；每小题 2 分, 满分 20 分) 阅读下列短文，从每题所给的四个选项(A、B、C 和 D)中，选 出最佳选项，并在答题卡上将该项涂黑。 A A nine-year-old kid was sitting at his desk when suddenly there was a puddle (水坑) between his feet and the front of his trousers was wet. He thought his heart was going to stop because he couldn’t possibly imagine how this had happened. It had never happened before, and he knew that when the boys found out, especially Jack, he would never hear the end of it. When the girls found out, especially Martha and Jackie, they would never speak to him again as long as he lived. He prayed this prayer, “Dear God, I need help now! Five minutes from now I’m dead meat!” He looked up
from his prayer and here came the teacher with a look in her eyes that said he had been discovered. As the teacher was walking toward him, a classmate named Susie was carrying a goldfish bowl full of water. Susie lost her balance in front of the teacher and dumped (倒) the bowl of water in the boy’s lap. The boy pretended to be angry, but all the while was saying to himself, “Thank you, Lord!” Now all of a sudden, instead of being the object of ridicule (嘲笑), the boy was the object of sympathy (同 情). The teacher rushed him downstairs and gave him gym shorts to put on while his trousers dried out. All the other children were on their hands and knees cleaning up around his desk. Martha even gave him her own candy. The sympathy was wonderful. But as life would have it, the ridicule that should have been his had been turned to someone else—Susie. She tried to help, but they told her to get out. When school was over, the boy walked over to Susie and whispered, “You did that on purpose, didn’t you?” Susie whispered back, “I wet my trousers once, too!”
56. The underlined sentence in Paragraph 1 means _______. A. the boys would never play with him B. the boys would treat him as usual C. he would hardly hear any praise from the boys D. he would be laughed at by the boys endlessly 57. After Susie dumped water in his lap, the boy was in a state of _______. A. disappointment B. relief C. anxiety D. anger
58. What did the other kids do after the incident? A. They offered him dry clothes. C. They helped the boy do the cleaning. 59. Why did Susie dump water in the boy’s lap? A. The boy asked her to do so. C. The teacher told her to do so. B. She just did it by accident. D. She knew the boy’s trouble. B. They laughed at the boy rudely. D. They urged the boy to get out angrily.
60. Besides Susie, _______ also knows what had really happened to the boy. A. Martha B. Jack C. the teacher B The possibility that pleasant smells might reduce pain has recently been suggested by new research. In a scientific study, doctors asked 20 men and 20 women to keep their hands in very hot water for as long as possible while breathing in different smells. As people believe that strong smells can affect the senses, volunteers were asked not to eat or drink for eight hour s before the experiment began. During the experiment, volunteers were asked to take in pleasant smells such as vanilla (香草), and unpleasant smells such as durians (榴莲). The volunteers kept their hands in the water until it became too hot for them. When they could not bear the pain any more, they took their hands out of the water. Scientists are interested in whether the senses or smell is related to pain and whether men and women have the same senses. Now, the study has proved that for women, pleasant smells reduce pain. For men, there is no change. Dr Finkelstein has been studying smells since 1999. He says that scientists already have data from 40 volunteers. He adds that this year, scientists will test another 60 volunteers and will be in a better position to explain the results. D. the boys
One explanation is that women’s sense of smell developed long ago, and is linked to recognizing the smell of babies. Scientists used to believe that mothers recognized their children by sight only. Now, they have started to believe that the sense of smell also helps, but why pleasant smells do not reduce pain in men is a question still to be answered by scientists. 61. Before the experiment, volunteers ______. A. are gathered and take a training C. must wash their hands carefully B. cannot eat or drink for several hours D. will be interviewed by Dr Finkelstein
62. If both men and women are asked to keep their hands in hot water while taking in some pleasant smells, ______. A. women may stand the pain of the hot water longer B. men may keep their hands in the hot water longer C. they will probably take their hands out at the same time D. we are not quite sure who will take their hands out earlier 63. From the passage we learn that _________. A. the reason why women are sensitive to smells is clear B. the experiment for the sense of smell has come to an end C. unpleasant smells affect men’s senses more than women’s D. scientists have not tot ally explained the result of the study 64. Now scientists believe that _______. A. mothers recognize their children only by sight B. men’s sense of smell developed a long time ago C. strong smells have a great influence on people’s senses D. smells are helpful for mothe rs to spot their children 65. The writer wrote the passage in order to ________. A. supply some entertainment to us C. inform the readers of some knowledge 第二节 （共 5 小题；每小题 2 分，满分 10 分） 根据短文内容，从短文后的选项中选出能填入空白处的最佳选项。选项中有两项为多余选项。 C Do you have a hard time saying“no”to others? Do you say “yes” when you really mean no? Many people end up saying “yes” to something they don’t really want to do for several reasons.
B. show women’s sharper senses than men’s D. call for volunteers for the experiment
Start to give yourself and others more trust. It is extremely unlikely for people to no longer want to be around you just because you have said no a few times. 67 1. “I’m sorry, I just don’t have the time at the moment.” If you are too busy,then let the other person know. After all, your own work and family comes first. 2. “I don’t think I’m the best person to help you out. Why don’t you try …” If you think you can’t be of any help, then simply say so. Maybe you know someone else who would be better suited for the task. 69 This is a good one to use at work. 3. “I’d love to，but…” 68
70 just can’t do it.
Saying that you would love to do something shows that you like the other person’s idea but you
A. You’re not alone. B. Tell people to go to that person for help instead. C. It all depends on how you say “no”. D. Force that person to take up the task. E. This is usually a gentle way of saying“no”to someone. F. It is important to know when to say “no” to other people. G. The other person will understand, especially if they also have a busy job and a family of their own.
第四部分 写作 (共两节, 满分 15 分)
第一节 完成句子（共 5 小题；每小题 1 分，满分 5 分） 用括号内所给词的适当形式填空，使句子语义通顺，语法正确。 71. The students will be _____ in all subjects at the end of term. (examine) 72. The Red Cross often _____ food and shelter for disaster areas. (provide) 73. I was so ______ and warm in bed that I didn’t want to get up. (comfort) 74. How I regretted ______ so much time! (waste) 75. The main ______ between the groups was age. (different) 第二节 书面表达 (满分 10 分) 假设你是李华，你的英国朋友 Julia 要来你校任教。你应她的要求为她找了一处住房。请你参照以下内 容要点，写信向她介绍住房情况及周围的居住环境。 1. 公寓房，一室一厅，月租金 1000 元，家具齐全； 2. 交通便捷，公交车站距住处 200 米左右；距离你校只有 15 分钟车程； 3. 附近的设施有医院、商场、公园和电影院等。 注意：1. 词数 80 左右； 2. 可以适当增加细节，以使行文连贯； 3. 开头和结束语已给出，不计入总词数。 参考词汇：公寓房 apartment I am glad to know that you are coming to teach in our school.
Looking forward to seeing you soon! Yours sincerely, Li Hua
2012 年 12 月河北省普通高中学业水平考试英语试题
第一部分 听力(共三节，满分 20 分) 1. C 2. A 3. C 4. B 5. A 6. A 7. C 8. C 9. A 10. C 11. C 12. B 13. B 14. A 15. B 16. under 17. smoking 18. buy 19. left 20. home 第二部分 英语知识运用（共两节; 每小题 1 分，满分 35 分） 21. A 22.C 23. B 24. D 25. D 26. B 27. D 28. B 29. C 30. A 31. D 32. C 33. A 34. C
35. C 36. B
37. A 38. D 39. C 40. B 41. A 42. C 43. A 44. D 45. A 46. C 47. A 48. B 49.
D 50. A 51. C 52. B 53. C 54. B 55. D 第三部分 阅读理解（共两节; 每小题 2 分，满分 30 分） 56. D 57. B 58. C 59. D 60. C. 61.B 62. A 63. D 64. D 65. C 66. A 67.C 68.G 69. B 70.E 第四部分 写作 (共两节，满分 15 分) 第一节 完成句子（共 5 小题；每小题 1 分，满分 5 分） 71. examined 72. provides 73.comfortable 74. wasting 75. difference 第二节 书面表达（满分 10 分） One possible version Dear Julia, I am glad to know that you are coming to teach in our school. I have found a one-bedroom apartment with a living room for you and it has all the furniture you need. It tak es only 15 minutes for you to get to our school by bus, and the nearest bus stop is just about 200 meters away. Nearby you will find a shopping mall, a movie theater, and a park. The hospital is also a short distance away. The rent is 1,000 yuan per month. I believe it meets your needs. If you have any questions, please let me know. Looking forward to seeing you soon! Yours sincerely, Li Hua 附:听力材料 Text 1 M: Sue, what do you want to do today? Play tennis? W: Hmm, no. I don't think so. M: How about swimming? It's hot today. W: But look at our house. We have to clean the house. Text 2 M: So, did you enjoy the movie? W: Not at all! I was too frightened. Most of the time, I couldn’t even watch it. M: That’s too bad. I thought you’d like it. W: I thought so, too. Text 3 M: Have y ou decided which universi ty to apply for? W: Well, I like the idea of going to an older university which is far from the city. M: Me, too. Text 4 W: What can I do for you, sir? M: Well, can I change this sweater? I got it as a birthday present, but it’s the wrong size, and, what’s more, I really
don’t like the color. Text 5 M: I hate this rain! It has been raining for three days. W: They say we're going to have sunny days soon. M: Oh, let's just hope it will be like that. Text 6 M: I read an article this morning. W: What is it about? M: It's about how much paper Americans use up each year. W: Why are you so interested in that? M: Because it does great harm to the environment. Americans use so much paper. As a result, many trees have to be cut down. W: According to the article, how much do Americans use? M: About 15 million tons of paper a year. W: That’s probably a lot of trees, isn’t it? M: Yes, 850 million trees a year. W: I can’t believe it. There must be something we can do to protect the environment. Text 7 M: Are you Spanish? W: Why? Yes. How do you know? M: I can tell by your accent. W: Well. My family comes from Spain. I did not learn to speak anything but Spanish until I was twenty. M: But your English is perfect. W: Thanks. I began to live in Canada after I left Spain at the age of twenty. M: Then you came to China from Canada. W: That’s right. In China I learn to speak Chinese. Text 8 W: It’s hard to believe we’ve known each other for almost ten years. M: Has it really been ten years? W: Yeah! We’ve been friends since the first grade. M: We have, haven’t we? Say, wouldn’t it be fun to get together with some of our friends from grade school? W: Why don’t we plan a class get-together? M: Let’s do it! I’m sure I have an old phone book from grade school. I’ll see if I can find it. W: Good. As soon as you do, we can start calling around. M: I can’t wait to see how everybody looks now. Text 9 M: Hi, my name is Simpson. I booked a room by phone about a week ago. W: Ah, yes. Here we are. How long will you be staying? M: Oh, only two or three nights, until I can find a room of my own. W: I see. Yes, that will be all right. Will you be eating your meals of the day? M: Only the evening meal. I’ll be out looking for a room most of the day. W: Well, we’ll be serving dinner in half an hour, sir. M: Oh, good. I’ll just go and have a bath and change. W: Oh, by the way, sir, a Miss Winston left a message for you. She asked me to tell you that she will be working late tonight, so she won’t be able to see you until tomorrow. M: I see.
W: But she said she would give you a ring about 8:30 tonight. M: I’ll be having dinner at that time. W: That’s all right, sir. We’ll call you in the dining room. M: Thanks a lot. Text 10 Good morning, and welcome to England. We hope that your visit here will be a pleasant one. Today, I would like to draw your attention to a few of our laws. The first one is about drinking. So you may not buy alcohol in this country if you are under 18 years of age, nor may your friends buy it for you. Secondly, smoking. It is against the law to buy cigarettes or tobacco if you are under 16 years of age. Thirdly, crossing the road. Be careful. The traffic moves on the left side of the road in this country. Use the crossings for walking and don’t take any chances when crossing the road. My last point is about litter. It is against the law to throw away waste material in a public place. When you have something to throw away, please put it in your pocket and take it home, or put it in a litter bin. I’d like to finish by saying that if you require any sort of help, you should get in touch with your local police station, who will be pleased to help you. Now, are there any questions?
copyright ©right 2010-2020。