M5 Unit 3 The future life
? fasten /'fɑ:sn/ vt. 系牢；扎牢 ? switch /swit?/ n. 开关；转换 vt. 转换 ? timetable /'taim teibl/ n. 时间表；时刻表 ? exhausted /iɡ'z?:stid/
adj. 筋疲力尽的；疲惫不堪的 ? optimistic / ?pti'mistik/ adj. 乐观（主义）的 ? take up 拿起；接受；开始；继续 ? jet lag 飞行时差反应 ? be back on one’s feet （困境后）恢复；完全复原 ? safety belt 安全带 ? lose sight of … 看不见…… ? sweep up 打扫；横扫 ? slide into （快捷而悄声地）移动；溜进……
1．impression n．印象；感想；印记→impress vt.留下极深的印象 →impressive adj.给人以深刻印象的；感人的→impressed adj.印象 深刻的，受感动的 2.constant adj.时常发生的;连续不断的→constantly adv.不断地 3．Previous adj.在前的;早先的→ →previously adv. 以前;预先；早 先地 4.uncertain adj.不确切的；无把握的→（反义）certain adj. →certainly adv. → certainty n. →with certainty 确信无疑地（词组） 5．Guide n．指导;向导;导游vt.指引;指导→→guidance n.指导,指引 →under the guidance 在…的指导/指引下
6．surroundings n．周围的事物;环境→surrounding adj. 周围的→surround vt.围绕 7.adjustment n．调整;调节→adjust vt.调整;使适应 8.press vi.&vt.按;压;逼迫n.按;压;印刷;新闻→pressure n．压力→under the pressure在… 的压力下→ press conference 记者招待会，新闻发布会→the press 新 闻界，报刊（总称） 9. exhausted adj. 筋疲力尽的，疲惫不堪的→exhaust v.使 筋疲力尽，耗尽→exhausting adj.使筋疲力尽的，使耗 尽的
? 1. 2分钟 自测词汇 注意其发音，识记词义 ? 2. 5分钟朗读课文，完成课后P19 4题，红笔勾画自己不 认识的词。 ? 3 8分钟完成题纲
Active! Passionate! Efficient!
? Pair work：俩人一组，互相提问单词 注意发音和词意 ? Group work：课文黑题词所在句子的翻译。总结下列句子的共性
1. Worried about the journey, I was unsettled for the first few days. 2. Hit by a lack of the fresh air, my head ached. 3. Exhausted, I slid into bed and fell fast asleep.
学贵有疑 Your confusions in the passage!
课堂规范 用语： I answer I doubt I add I correct
Read the text quickly, then put the following sentences into the correct order: a. We were transported into the future by a comfortable time capsule. b. I arrived at Wang Ping’s home and everything in his house made me surprised. c. I won a travel to the year AD 3008. d. I have my first try to master a hovering carriage.
Para.1-2 Go through the first two paragraphs quickly, then answer the following questions: 1. Why did I have the chance to travel to the year AD 3005? 2. What is a “time lag”? 3. How did I feel when I was in the capsule ? 4. Who guides my trip? 5. Why did my guide give me some tablets? 6. Who transported us to the future?
1. Why did I have the chance to travel to the year AD
I took up the prize I won the year before. 2. What is a “time lag”? “Time lag’’ means a person gets flashbacks from his previous(先前的) time period.
3. How did I feel when I was in the capsule ?
The seats in the capsule are very comfortable.
4. Who guides my trip?
My friend Wang Ping is my guide to the future.
5. Why did my guide give me some tablets?
The tablets could help me feel less nervous and uncertain.
6. Who transported us to the future?
Wang Ping’s parents’ company transported us to the future. Presenting
Para.3 Go through the third paragraph, then try to answer the following questions.
1. How did I feel as soon as I was transported to the future? 2. How did Wang Ping solve this problem? 3. What do you think has caused this kind of problem?
1. How did I feel as soon as I was transported to the future? I was hit by the lack of fresh air. 2. How did Wang Ping solve this problem? Wang Ping gave a mask to me and hurried me through to a small room nearby to have a rest. 3. What do you think has caused this kind of problem?
Now we are causing more and more pollution to the nature, this will cause serious problems to the life in the future. This may be the cause of the lack of fresh air in the future.
Para.4 Read fourth paragraph quickly, then answer the following questions:
1. What was the green wall made of ? What’s the purpose of building this kind of green wall? The green wall was made of trees. The leaves of
the trees will provide much-needed oxygen to the
Below are some of the main aspects
? Now then here there in up out down in the room, on the wall…作状语位于句首，主语是名词 ? Now comes your turn. ? Here comes your husband. ? There goes the bell. ? Away ran the prisoner. ? In the front of the stage stood a singer. ? Away went the boy ? Away he went 人称代词做主语 不倒装
Please find three more similar structures in the letter. ? Worried about the journey, I was unsettled for the first few days. As a result, I suffered from “time lag”. This is similar to the “jet lag” you get from flying, but it seems you keep getting flashbacks from your previous time period. 由于担心这次旅行,我
1. Well-known for their expertise, his parent’s company named
“Future Tour” … (Para. 1)他们的专业技术众所周知,他父母的公司叫做
= His parent’s company was well-known for…, his parent’s company named “ Future Tour”…
2. At first ..surroundings were difficult to tolerate. ..as though its ..had little oxygen left. Hit by a lack of the fresh air = when I was hit.一开始，新的 环境让我难以忍受，空气似乎很稀薄，好像它的混合气体中剩下的氧 气很少。 3. Having said this ,he spread some food on the table ,and produced ..Exhausted, I slid into bed and fell fast asleep (Para.4) = Because I was exhausted, I slid… 说完这些，他把一些食物摆在桌子 上，又从地板下取出一张桌子来。他离开之后，我吃了点便饭，洗了 个热水澡。我感到累极了，爬上床很快就睡了
可表示 原因 条件 时间 等
1.When asked (asking，asked) about the secret of his success，Steven Spielberg said that he owes much of his success and happiness to his wife and children. 2.She accepted the gift，deeply moved (moved，moving). 3. Seeing (Seen，Seeing) those pictures，he couldn’t help thinking of those
days in Iraq.
4.Once poured (pouring，poured)，water cannot be taken back.
5. Left (Leaving，Left) to itself，the baby began to cry.
6. Absorbed (Absorbing，Absorbed) in the research work，he had no time to make any trip.
Compare 1. Following the old man, we went upstairs. (跟着那个老人, 我们上了楼) 2. Followed by the old man, we went upstairs.
? Adjectives followed by an infinitive active in form but passive in meaning be + 形 容词 + 不定式 在这种结构中，不定式作状语说明表语，它的逻辑宾语是句 中的主语，也称为反射不定式。 a. This apple is not fit to eat. b. This problem is difficult to solve. c. The tea is too hot to drink. d. Chinese is difficult to study. e. The two girls are very attractive to look at. f. Traffic rules are important to observe. 形容词long, short, high, low等后接主动形式的不定式表示被动意义时，它们前面 必须加too，或在其后加enough。 a. The poem is short enough to learn by heart. b. The fence is too high to jump over.
1. 课文的正确翻译 2. 分词做状语的用法 3. 地点副词放句首的倒装 5 . be+adj.+to do
? 2 分钟背诵小结部分知识点
? tablet /'t? blit/ n. 药片 ? expertise / eksp?:'ti:z/ n.专家意见；专门知识（技能等） ? capsule /'k? psju:l/ n. 太空舱；胶囊 ? steward /'stju:?d/ n. 乘务员；服务员 ? stewardess / stju?'des/ n. 女乘务员 ? opening /'?upni?/ n. （出入的）通路；开口；开端 ? sideways /'saidweiz/ adv. 往（向、从）一侧；侧着；侧面朝前 ? tolerate /'t?l?reit/ vt. 容忍；忍受 ? combination / k?mbi'nei?n/ n. 结合；组合 ? adjustment /?'d??stm?nt/ n. 调整；调节 ? mask /mɑ:sk/ n. 面具；面罩；伪装 ? carriage /'k? rid?/ n. 运输工具；四轮马车；客车
copyright ©right 2010-2020。