spend money （in）doing/ on sth cost, pay…for 1. Some companies spend millions of dollars advertising their products. 2. Those companies spent the most
money on advertising. n.
This coat cost him 200 yuan.
He paid 200 yuan for the coat.
花时间做… * It takes sb. some time to do sth. * spend some time (in) doing sth on sth
It will take 24 hours 1._________________________
to Shanghai from here .
The workers spent two _________________ years building the gym ___________________________.
3. How long will it take you to finish reading this book?
win , lose, beat 1. Our football team won the game last week. 2. Although they have lost the game this time, they are sure to win next time. 3. Finally they beat us in this match.
certain a certain coldness There was _______________ in her voice. （她的声音里含有某种 冷淡）
2. They are waiting for the water to reach a certain level _______________________. (升到 某个高度）
1.We will study in groups instead of on our own.
2.We will have tea in the garden instead of in the house.
instead of + 介词词组
3. But instead of saying it directly, they use indirect messages. 4. Now he’s playing instead of doing his homework
instead of doing sth
5. If Harry is not well enough to go with you, take me instead.
6.The water here is not good, so I’m drinking beer instead.
get ,turn, become, change
1.It is getting colder and colder now. 2. The weather has turned cold and windy. 3. I want to become a scientist in the future. 4. She was becoming confused. 5. She changed the frog into a handsome prince.
6. The traffic lights __________from changed red to green. have turned brown 7. The leaves___________________. 8. Summer is coming, the day gets longer ____________.
the same as… 与……一样… as…as…
1. Their answers ____________________. are the same as ours
2. Their answers _____________________. are as wonderful as ours
3. My coat is the same as hers _____________________. 4. My coat is as nice as hers _____________________.
copyright ©right 2010-2020。