孔子中学高一英语课时教案（第 11 个星期第 5 个课时） 2012
年 11 月 日 主备课人：许清棪 星期 第 节
Teaching content 一．Knowledge goals
1. Get the students to learn the Attributive Clause introduced by that,
which, who and whose. 2. Let the students learn different usages of that, which, who and whose.
1. Enable the students to use attributive clauses to describe things and persons. 2. Enable the students to know how to choose correct relative pronouns for attributive clauses.
1. Get the students to become interested in grammar learning. 2. Develop the students’ sense of group cooperation.
第 1 页 共 7 页
1）Get the students to master the Attributive Clause introduced by that,
which, who and whose.
and 2）Enable the students learn how to use that, which, who and whose
→Step 1 Reading and finding Turn to Page 26 and read the text A Night the Earth Didn’t Sleep. Tick out the attributive clauses in the reading passage and translate them into
Chinese. Suggested answers: 1. But the one million people of the city, who thought little of these events, went to bed as usual that night. 2. It was heard in Beijing, which is one hundred kilometers away. 3. A huge crack that was eight kilometers long and thirty meters wide cut across houses, roads and canals. 4. The number of people who were killed or injured reached more than
第 2 页 共 7 页
400 000. 5. The army organized teams to dig out those who were trapped and to bury the dead. 6. Workers built shelters for survivors whose homes had been destroyed.
→Step 2 Summary of the attributive clause 1. 与定语从句相关的概念 什么是定语从句？什么是先行词？什么是关系词？关系词在定语 从句中分别起什么作用？ 2. 关系代词引导的定语从句 关系代词放在定语从句和先行词之间引导定语从句，并代替先行 词在定语从句中充当主语、宾语、定语等成分。关系代词在定语从句 中作主语时，从句谓语动词的人称和数要和先行词保持一致；关系代 词在定语从句中作宾语时可以省略，作其他成分时不能省略。 1)which 引导定语从句时，先行词是除人以外的表示事物或动物的 名词或代词，在从句中作主语或宾语。 A prosperity which had never been seen before appears in the countryside.（ which 在从句中作主语） The package(which)you are carrying is about to come unwrapped. （which 在从句中作宾语，可以省略）
第 3 页 共 7 页
2)who 引导定语从句时，先行词是表示人的名词或代词，在从句中 作主语；作宾语时用其宾格 whom（在口语中也可用 who） 。 Is he the man who wants to see you? (who 在从句中作主语） He is the man (whom/who)I saw yesterday. (whom/who 在从句中作 宾语，可以省略） 3)that 引导定语从句时，先行词既可是表人的名词或代词（相当于 who/whom） ，也可是表物的名词或代词（相当于 which） ，在从句中作 主语或宾语。 A plane is a machine that/which can fly. I don’t know the man that/who is reading the newspaper over there. She is the girl (that/whom/who) you want to know. 4)whose 引导定语从句时， 先行词既可是指人的名词， 也可是指物 的名词，在从句中作定语，相当于 of whom 或 of which。 They rushed over to help the man whose car had broken down. Please pass me the book whose cover is green. →Step 4 Practice 1. Turn to Page 29. Do Exercise 2 in Discovering useful structure. 2. Fill in the blanks, using which, that, who, whom and whose. 1) The eggs______________ I bought yesterday were not fresh. 2) The friend______________ came to supper last night wasn’t
第 4 页 共 7 页
hungry. 3) He prefers the goose______________ comes from his parents’ farm. 4) The noodles______________ you cooked were delicious. 5) He saw a house______________ windows were all broken. 6) I don’t like the people______________ smoke a lot. 7) The man______________ lives next to us sells vegetables. 8) I prefer dumplings______________ have just been cooked. 9) Don’t drink water______________ has not been boiled. 10) Those______________ want to go to the Great Wall write down your names here.
Several minutes later, check the answers with the class. Suggested answers:
1)(which/that) 2)who/that 3)which/that 4)(which/that) 5)whose 6)who/that 7)who/that 8)which/that 9)which/that 10)who Show the exercises on the screen. 1. 把下面的两个简单句合并成一个含定语从句的复合句： 1) The man has been caught. He did the robbery. 2) The chair was a broken one. I sat in the chair just now. 3) A plane is a machine. It can fly.
第 5 页 共 7 页
4) Tom is the boy. He damaged the vase yesterday. 5) Mary is the girl. Her English is the best in our class. 2. 用定语从句翻译下面的句子： 1)玉米是人和动物都可以食用的植物。 2)我们昨天看的那场电影一点意思也没有。 3)我在商店碰到的那位妇女是我的一位老同学。 Suggested answers: 1. 1) The man who/that did the robbery has been caught. 2) The chair (which/that) I sat in just now was a broken one. 3) A plane is a machine which/that can fly. 4) Tom is the boy who/that damaged the vase yesterday. 5) Mary is the girl who’s English is the best in our class. 2. 1) Corn is a plant which/that can be eaten by people and animals. /Corn is a plant (which/that) people and animals can eat. 2) The film/movie (which/that) we saw yesterday was not interesting at all. 3) The woman (whom/that/who) I met in the shop was one of my old classmates. →Step 5 Consolidation →Step 6 Homework
第 6 页 共 7 页
1. Finish off the workbook exercises. 2. Learn the important grammar points by heart.
（平行班和 A 段做 1 跟 2 题。重点班和实验班全部做完）
第 7 页 共 7 页
copyright ©right 2010-2020。