1. __________________ (油漆成) red, the building stands out among the rest and looks very attractive. (paint) 2. ________________________ (不会用) a computer makes it more difficult
for him to do his academic research. (use) 3. ____________________（获得奖学金） gave Martin the chance to go to a college in one of the northern states. (win) 4. _______________________ (多亏了) her assistance, we succeeded in starting the engine. (owe) 5. When you are finished with the electric iron, don't forget _________________ (关掉它). (turn) 6. — You'd better go and _______________________ (把你的轿车洗洗). — No, I'll do it myself. (get) 7. They sat together around the table, with ___________________ (门关着). (shut) 8. His first book ___________ (出版) next month is based on a true story. (publish) 9. The lady walked around the shops, _____________ (留意) for bargains. (keep) 10. It rained heavily in the south, _______________ (引起) serious flooding in several provinces. (cause) 11. Mrs. White showed her students some old maps _________________ (从图书馆借来). (borrow) 12. _____________(看着) my classmates' faces, I read the same excitement in their eyes. (look) 13. Alexander tried to ________________ (使他的工作得到认可) in the medical circles. (recognize) 14. The children all turned _____________ (看) the famous actress as the she entered the classroom. (look) 15. All of them try to use the power of the workstation ___________ (呈现信息) in a more effective way. (present) 16. __________________（为了完成）the project in time, the staff were working at weekends. (complete) 17. The play ______________ (上演) next month aims mainly to reflect the local culture.(produce) 18. I still remember ______________________ (被带去) the Famen Temple and what I saw there. (take) 19. Bill suggested ________________ (召开会议) on what to do for the Shanghai Expo during the vocation. （hold） 20. With _________________________ (世界快速变化) , we have something new to deal with all by ourselves every day. (change) 21. _____________________ (提醒不要错过) the flight at 15:20, the manager set out for the airport in a hurry. (remind) 22. Now that we've discussed our problem, are people happy with ____________________ （做出的决定）?（take） 23. A small plane crashed into a hillside five miles east of the city, ________________ (四人丧生) on board. (kill) 24. ____________________ (被咬了两次), the postman refused to deliver our letters unless we chained our dog. (bite) 25. _______________ (等待) in the queue for half an hour, the old man suddenly realized he had left the cheque in the car. (wait) 26. _____________________ (把帽子扔掉) into the air, the fans of the winning team let out loud shouts of victory.(throw) 27. ______________________(走在田野里) on a March afternoon, he could feel the warmth of spring. (walk) 28. He hurried to the booking office only ____________________ (却被告知) that all the tickets had been sold out.(tell) 29. At the Opening Ceremony of Beijing Olympic Games Chinese families sat in front of the TV and watched the ceremony, _____________________ (感到非常自豪). (feel) 30. There used to be a tall building here. But it is said ______________(被毁) in a big fire several months ago. (destroy) 31. With the old stone bridge _________________ (拆除), a new steel bridge is going to be built here.(tear) 32. ___________________ (聚集在入口周围) of the cave, villagers nervously watched him go down and disappear in the darkness.(gather) 33. Helen had to shout to make _______________ (人们听到她的话) above the music at yesterday's party.(hear) 34. People in China hope to see nuclear technologies ________________________ (应用于越来越多的领域) rather than wars. (apply) 35. The World Bank says _________________(应对气候变化) will require hundreds of billions of dollars a year. (deal) 36. He thinks only of himself, __________________ (很少关心) others.(care) 37. The mine explosion in Heilongjiang Province caused 104 deaths, with four other miners still ________________(困 在地下). (trap) 38. In _____________(在制定计划时), they went to the library to refer to many books.(draw)
39. When we eat, the nutrients from the food help keep our body ________________(运转良好). (function) 40. While you are abroad, do remember __________________(使自己适应) observing the local safety rules. (adapt) 41. To avoid _________________ (烫伤), you have to be careful enough when you are cooking.(burn) 42. The student wasn't paying attention in class, with __________________ (眼睛盯着）the tree in front of the classroom.(fix) 43. The students are working very hard ___________________(不辜负) their parents' expectations. (live) 44. I cannot help ___________________ (为自己高兴) passing the examination.(congratulate) 45. He enjoyed sitting in a corner of the teahouse, seeing people coming in and out and ___________________(听他们 谈话). (hear) 46. Nowadays more and more children are being overweight, so _________________ (保持健康饮食) is of great importance.(keep) 47. All his neighbors thought he was a strange man, for he _______________________(把所有的窗户都关上) all the year round.(keep) 48. With much ______________________ (作业要完成), Tony can't go outing with his friends at the weekend.(finish) 49. There is but one way of solving the problem—namely, ___________________(建设更多的) Hope Schools.(set) 50. There ______________________(没有意义) in working for my PhD, I was convinced that I should get engaged first.(point) 51. The newly-built hospital is reported __________________(装备了) the latest instruments made in the United States.(equip) 52. The catastrophe ____________________ (呈现出来的) in the movie 2012 is so striking that it takes away the breath of the audience.(present) 53. ______________________（掌握了一些事实和数据） ，customers are better able to deal with the often powerful arguments given by a salesman. (arm) 54. With many of his works _____________________ (出版), he became more and more famous. (come) 55. Coming into the room, I found them _______________________ (坐在桌旁) playing chess.(seat) 56. News reports say peace talks between the two sides have broken down ___________________ (未达成协议).(reach) 57. — Tom, your hair is too long. Go to the barber's and ___________________ (把头发剪断).(cut) — OK, Mum. I'll do it after school. 58. The stolen bus is said __________________ (找到) in a deserted house.(find) 59. The reason for _____________________ (他迟到) was that his car had broken down. (be) 60. In Sydney the Chinese team got 28 gold medals, ____________________ (排名第三) of all the competing countries.(rank) 61. I've never heard of his writer, and he is not mentioned in my history book. He seems _________________(被完全遗 忘了). (completely) 62. Gone forever _________________（日子）when we Chinese were called “the sick men of East Asia”.（day） 63. Taking his health into consideration, my father is trying what he can _____________________ (戒烟) though he has developed the habit for years. (rid) 64. The hottest topic of this week _____________________ (正在谈论) in newspapers and TV programs is Wall Street financial crisis and what the White House is going to do with it. (talk) 65. Last night I saw Simon lying in bed, ________________________ (陷入沉思之中).(lost) 66. __________________(考虑到各种情况), the plan John put forward seems to be more practical. (take) 67. _______________ (根据) the survey, a detailed report on the life of the endangered animals was accomplished.(base) 68. _________________________（在一个团队里工作）, you need to learn to cooperate with others.（work） 69. Hundreds of citizens are marching along the street to __________________（表达他们的心声）.（make） 70. The transportation has improved a lot in that province, with _______________________（两条新路建成）last year.(construct) 71. Li hua hopes that his English teacher will suggest a good way ___________________________（使他的英语提高）
in a short period of time. （have） 72. Following the10 Golden rules _________________________ （以古老智慧为依据的） can guide us to the path of the good life. （base） 73. In a sports team each player has a definite role of his own, and there are few occasions ________________________ （队员没有把握）their roles during the game.（certain） 74. The traffic problem ___________________（正在讨论的）now should be solved as soon as possible.（discuss） 75. _______________________（被按了上百次）, the button was out of work at last.（press） 76. Staying in a five-star hotel for one night ___________________________（花费相当于两倍） ，if not more than, renting a house in this small town for two months.（cost） 77. On a winter morning, a young man _______________ （穿着一件破烂的外套） walked hard on the pavement. （wear） 78. The manager had an operation last month and ___________________________（要过一段时间）he comes back to work.（be） 79. At the age of 4, Tom was sent to a day care center, ___________________（在那里他表现出）a special interest in drawing.（show） 80. _____________________（到处受到驱赶）, the deer had nowhere to hide themselves on the grassland.（drive） 81. In the future, we send robots ___________________（装备有照相机的）and other tools to do observations for us. （equip） 82. ___________________（无论有多困难）, I won’t give up half way.（however） 83. ________________________（暴露于阳光）too long will do harm to your skin.（expose） 84. He ________________________ （不可能参加）the meeting yesterday. I was staying with him all day.(attend) 85. Though the two countries made an agreement finally, several days’ talk still _____________________（使他们有分 歧）on some issues.（leave） 86. They have won their last three matches, _____________________ （我觉得这很惊讶）actually.（find） 87. His younger sister teaches in a secondary school, in front of __________________（流淌着一条小河）.（flow） 88. _________________（我想问你的）is who you want to have go with you to the meeting.（ask） 89. It never occurred to me _____________________（你会成功）persuading him to change his mind.（succeed） 90. __________________（被解雇）by one company doesn’t necessarily mean that you have no way out to support yourself.（lay） 91. If it were not for the fact _______________（她生病了）, she would attend tonight’s “Super Girls’ voice”.（be） 92. When asked _____________________（他们最需要什么）, the kids said they wanted to feel important and loved. （need） 93. According to the recent research, the terrible disease hasn’t developed to the point __________________（没有药物 可治）it.（cure） 94. Students should be brought up to know that love, happiness and success are __________________（金钱所买不到 的）.（buy） 95. The line is busy; some ____________________（一定正在用电话）now.（use） 96. The suggestion ____________________（政府应该立即采取措施）to reduce the pollution levels of the fiver is put forward.（measure） 97. ____________________（使他成功的）was his ambition and hard work.（succeed） 98. More wild tigers have been seen in the forest around this area, ____________________（过去这一地区很少有老 虎）.（used） 99. The lecture has already begun. You _____________________（应该来）earlier.（suppose） 100. ____________________（越来越多的人在学英语）, the importance of which has drawn much attention of the public.（learn）
1. 2. Painted/ Having been painted Not being able to use/ Being unable to use/not knowing how to use Winning a scholarship Owing to to turn it off get your car washed the door shut to be published/that will be published keeping an eye out/open causing/which caused (that were) borrowed from the library Looking at get/have his work recognized to look at to present information To complete to be produced being taken to holding a meeting the world changing fast/rapidly Reminded not to miss the decision(s) taken which killed four people /killing four people Bitten twice Having waited Throwing their hats Walking in the fields to be told feeling very proud to have been destroyed torn down gathering around the entrance herself heard applied to more and more areas
3. 4. 5. 6. 7. 8. 9. 10. 11. 12. 13. 14. 15. 16. 17. 18. 19. 20. 21. 22. 23. 24. 25. 26. 27. 28. 29. 30. 31. 32. 33. 34.
35. to deal with/dealing with the climate change(s) 36. caring little about 37. trapped underground 38. drawing up the plan 39. functioning well 40. to adapt yourself to 41. being burnt 42. his eyes fixed on/upon 43. in order to/ so as to/ to live up to 44. congratulating myself on 45. hearing them talking 46. keeping a healthy diet 47. kept all his/ the windows closed/shut 48. homework to finish 49. to set up more 50. being no point 51. to have been equipped with 52. (which/that is) presented 53. armed with some facts and figures/numbers/data/statistics 54. coming out 55. seated at the desk/table 56. with no agreement reached 57. have your hair cut short 58. to have been found 59. his being late 60. ranking third 61. to have been completely forgotten 62. are the days 63. to get rid of smoking 64. being talked about/that is being talked about 65. lost in thought 66. everything taken into consideration/ taking everything into consideration 67. based on
68. 69. 70. 71. 72.
Working in a team make their voice heard two roads newly constructed to have his English improved (which are) based on the ancient wisdom 73. when the members are not certain of 74. being discussed 75. Pressed a hundred times 76. costs twice as much as 77. wearing a worn-out coat 78. it will be some time before 79. where/in which he showed 80. Driven everywhere 81. (which are) equipped with cameras 82. However difficult/hard it is 83. Being exposed to sunlight 84. couldn’t have attended 85. left them divided 86. which I found astonishing 87. which flows a river 88. What I want to ask you 89. that you can succeed 90. Being laid off 91. that she was ill 92. what they need most 93. where no medicine can cure 94. what money can’t buy 95. must be using the telephone 96. that government should take immediate measures 97. what made him succeed 98. where there used to be few tigers 99. are supposed to have come 100. with more and more people learning English
copyright ©right 2010-2020。