Unit 1 School life 第一部分 分课时练习 Period 1 Welcome to the unit
满分 50 分 时间：30 分
一、根据短文内容及首字母填空 (共 20 分，每小题 2 分) In Denmark, parents are a 1 to set up a new school if they are d 2 with th
e school in the area where they are living. Although these schools have to f 3 the national courses, they are allowed a lot of choices in d 4 what to teach. Some of these new schools are called ―small schools‖ because usually the number of the pupils in them is only sixty, but a school has to have at l 5 twenty-seven pupils. Cooleenbridge school in Ireland, is a small school s 6 to the ones in Denmark, it was set up by parents who came from Holland, Germany, England and o 7 parts of Ireland. They came because they wanted to live in the countryside and to g 8 their own food. In June 1986, they decided to start a school. They m 9 to use an old, disused primary-school building and started with twenty-four children a 10 from four to twelve. 1. a 2. d 3. f 4. d 5. l 6. s 7. o 8. g 9. m 10. a 二、背景导读（共 30 分，每小题 2 分） A Subject In English and Wales the subject taught in schools are laid down by the National Curriculum(课程)，which was introduced in 1988 and sets out (制定) detail the subject that children should study and the levels of achievement they should reach by the age of 7,11,14 and 16,when they are tested .The National Curriculum does not apply in Scotland, where each school decides what subject it will teach. Examinations At 16 students in England and Wales take GCSE examinations .These examinations are taken by students of all levels of ability in any of a range of subjects and may involve a final examination, an assessment (评价) of work done during the two-year course , or both of these things. At 18 some students take A-level examinations, usually in not more than three subjects . It is necessary to have A-levels in order to go to a university or polytechnic (综合技术大学). In Scotland students take the SCE examinations A year later ,they can take examinations called HIGHERS ,after which they can either go straight to a university or spend a further year at school and take the Certificate (证书) of Sixth Year Studies . In Scotland the university system is different from that in English and Wales. Courses usually last four years rather that three and students study a larger number of subjects as part of their degree. 根据短文内容，回答下列问题。 1. Are the same subjects taught all over the UK? ___________________________________________________________________________ 2. In England and Wales, what examinations do the students have to pass before entering a university?
_________________________________________________________________________ 3. What are the difference between university systems in Scotland and in England and Wales? __________________________________________________________________________ B In the United States , most children begin attending school when they are five years old . Public education is free and most children go to schools near their homes . Schools in these early years is fun . The children learn to read and write . But they also play games and go on trips . There is no reason at such an early age for him to hit the books. The situation changes as children become older. The subjects become more difficult .Students must learn about world history , algebra (代数) , and the life sciences. Testd become more common . Pressure is growing to hit the books,study hard , and advance.. However , most serious students only really begin hitting the books for long hours when they reach high school. High school students who hope to continue their education at a collage or university must take a special national test called the S-A-T .The test has two parts .The first part tests the student’s ability with numbers and mathematical skills .The second part tests the student’s ability in the English language. The S-A-T test is very important .A high school student who gets a high score on the two parts of the test has a good chance to enter a top American collage .For this reason ,many students hit the books for months to prepare for the S-A-T. 4. Form this passage ,we can clearly know ―hitting the books‖ means_______ A. working hard for the future B. studying a subject carefully C. reading books in a hurry D. reading books with great effort 5. Which of the following statements can best express the main idea of this passage? A. The S-A-T is the most important test. B. Education is not easy in the United States C. ―Hitting the books ‖is very important for the students who want to advance D. The more you want to learn ,the more tests you want to pass 6. American children don’t need _______if they want to study in public schools. A. to work hard at their lessons B. to pay for the education C. to hit the books D. to take many tests 7. The students in high schools ________. A. have to take the S-A-T B. are free and happy C. have to hit the books if they want to go to college D. don’t hit the books until they pass the S-A-T 8. Which of the following is NOT true according to the passage? A. In American the students have to pass certain test to continue their education B. Young children needn’t work hard at their lessons because education is free C. Those who fail in the S-A-T cannot go to college D. The students must spend much time preparing for the S-A-T
C Last week ,all the teachers and students of our schools watched a special performance by some disabled people . First was a dance named ―The Light of Life‖. There were three young women who had lost one of their legs and several deaf-mutes(聋哑人) among the dancers . As they held out their arms to greet the light of life,I could see how they have had both been burnt off in a big fire .I could see how they have had to struggle against many difficulties .During the dance I could see how alive their minds were. The singer came next shocked us all. The singer was very young , but his hands had both been burnt off in a big fire. I dared not look at his wrists too closely .All I could do was listen to his song quietly. It was called ―Late Autumn‖ and he sang with a low gently voice. Though in fact it was warm spring, I felt a bit chilled(寒冷的) and sentimental(多愁善感的) to hear the song, as if it was late autumn .‖How much love and gloom is hidden in the heart? I want to hold your hand again.‖ When I heard this , tears rolled down my face. He had lost not only his hands, but also the chance to hold a girl’s hand . I hope he finds a lovely girl one day for company ,though he can’t hold her hand. Another young man’s arms had been cut off when he was six. Form then on , his feet were his ―Hands ‖ .He could manage a number of things ith his feet . He greatly impressed us with his handwriting . Two big characters ―Flying High‖ expressed his wish. I think of this disabled people who performed for us . They have a disability , but they still gave off a youthful glow. 9. The performance was given by some disabled people, so the writer considered it to be ______. A. stranger B. special C. popular D. common 10. How many performances was given by some disabled people ,so the writer considered it to be_______ . A. Two B. Three C. Four D. Five 11. What does ―they still given off a youthful glow‖ mean? A. They still can fly liked a bird B. They still can walk normal people C. They still can make a career D. They still can put on performances successfully D Students all over the world have to work for their education. A college education in the United States is expensive .The costs are so high that most families begin to save for their children’s education when their children are babies .Even so, many young people can’t afford to pay the expenses of full-time college work . They do not have enough money to pay for school costs .The cost of college education increases every year .However , classrooms are still crowded with students. Some American students have scholarship(奖学金) or other support ,but many do not. Students from other countries have money problems to solve, too . Because students in most international programs need to have a sponsor（担保人) ,they work hard to get scholarships or special loans(贷款) . International students understand the value of going to school in another
country. They also know that it is difficult . However , it is usually possible for students from abroad to work on university campuses to pay for some of this costs of their education. Some people believe that students value their education more if they work for it. 12. The main idea of this passage is ________ A. American students’ economic(经济) problems in universities B. Foreign students’ problems in American university C. The high costs of American college education D. The way American students pay for their tuition(学费) 13. College education in the United States is expensive, ________. A. so a lot of university do not have enough students B. although costs for part-time study are quite cheap C. and therefore only the students supported by their families can to college D. but universities and college are still full of students 14. Students studying abroad thing that ______. A. it is easier to get spare-time work in another country B. they can receive a better degree than the home students C. there are more activities to take part in than at home D. their main problem is the lack of money 15. The author points out that _________ A. international students solve their money problems in different ways B. international students can’t study full-time because they have to do spare-time jobs C. American students prefer to study in their own country D. American students can attend college easily in foreign countries
Period 2 Reading 1
满分：100 分 时间：30 分钟
一、单词词义配对(共 10 分，每小题 1 分) 1. attend a. gain or reach (sth), usu by effort, skill, courage,etc 2. earn b. more than or beyond what is usual, expected or necessary 3. respect c. go regularly (to a place); be present at 4. achieve d. get money by working 5. average e. give up 6. challenging f. knowledge or skill acquired from seeing and doing things 7. extra g of the ordinary or usual standard 8. drop h. fail to catch, hit, reach, etc 9. miss i. admire or have a high opinion of sb/sth 10. experience j. offering problems that test people’s ability 二、英汉词组互译(共 40 分，每小题 2 分) 1. 获取好成绩 2. 免费发电子邮件回家 3. 放弃某些科目 4. 向某人作自我介绍 5. 了解??的中心意思 6. 用其他东西与某物搭配 7. 在校会上 8. 根据 9. 在学校入口处 10. 约会晚点.
11.可用来做各种实验 12. 把某物捐献给某人 13. 参考 14. 删除 15. 从??毕业 16. 有了做某事的兴趣 17. 在这种情况下 18. 一完成学业（就??） 19. 把??同??作比较 20. 把某事通知某人 三、句型转换 (共 15 分，每空格 1 分) 1. I was seated besides a girl who was named Diane. I sat a girl name was Diane. 2. They each teach no more than one subject. of them one subject. 3. I spent an hour reading English books n the library. It an hour English books in the library. 4. While I stayed in the Bell school, I always went the library to send my e-mail to my family without paying. my stay in the Bell school, I always went to the library to my family for ________. 5. Some students can drop some subjects they don’t like. Some students can some subjects they don’t like. 四、阅读理解(共 15 分，每小题 3 分 ) Kindergarten is now a regular part of many elementary schools in the United States. But when the first kindergarten was started in Germany in 1837, few people noticed. Frederich Froebel, who started the class, was a man with a new idea. He did not agree with those who had started the other ―infant school‖ of the time. In those schools, the young students had to work hard. But Froebel felt that young children could learn many things by playing. Kindergarten is a German word meaning ―garden of children.‖ Froebel wanted his kindergarten to be a place where children could enjoy learning. Most people thought that Froebel was wrong. They believed that children should stay at home until they were old enough to study. Today, educators think that Froebel’s ideas were partly right and partly wrong. Very young children can work hard at learning and they should also have more chances than they can at home. In fact, children as young as three can learn school subjects. Always popular with parents, kindergarten are now thought to be a necessary part of any school. Only half of the nation’s five-year-olds are gong to kindergarten. Before long, all children this age will be in school. Some states are even making plans to provide free public kindergartens for all three-and-four-year-olds. 1. Frederich Frpebel believed that young children could learn things . A. by working hard B. by playing C. at home D. in ―infant schools‖ 2. The story doesn’t say so, but t makes you think that . A. three-and-four-year-old children will never go to a free school B. most states do not have free kindergartens for three-year-olds C. all five-year-old children in America now go to kindergarten D. all three-and-four-year-olds can go to kindergarten now 3. Was the first kindergarten started in America? A. Yes. B. No. C. Not mentioned D. Not sure
4. On the whole this story is about A. schools in Germany B. today’s education C. schools for very young children D. learning by playing 5. Which statement does the story lead you to believe? A. Parents do not like to send children to school. B. Soon more schoolrooms will be needed. C. Four-year-olds cannot learn school subjects. D. Four-year-olds alone can learn school subjects. 五、单句改错(共 20 分，每小题 2 分) 1. My patient is a ten-years-old boy. 2. The Chinese people are a loving-peace people. 3. This paint of shoes is hand-making ones. 4. In western countries, students talk with teachers at a ease. 5. The little boy doesn’t know right or left. 6. They devoted their life to teaching in faraway village. 7. Every of the students has a locker in the school. 8. What does your school life like? 9. They lived in low-risen houses in the past. 10. We listened to the teachers talked about school activities.
一、单词拼写(共 10 分，每小题 1 分) 1. He is not a good doctor because he is short of e . 2. About 300 students from our school a the lecture given by the famous professor. 3. She is gaining weight because she likes eating d too much. 4. Hanson is going to study l in a university because he wants to be a writer in the future. 5. His grandfather was a kind man r by all the neighbors, men and women, old and young. 6. Among all the s , Jack likes mathematics best. 7. It is said that the m boy has not been found yet. 8. The boys and girls are all busy working hard in W class, making what they like to. 9. –Where are all your classmates, Jim? -They have gone to the a hall. 10. In order to achieve high g , Jack works very hard and often gets up early in the morning. 二、单项选择(共 20 分，每小题 1 分) 1. At assembly, the headmaster wanted each of us to know how to use equipment in labs. A. /; / B. the; the C. an; an D. / ; an 2. Do you think any need to read the passage word by word?
A. is there B. there is C. is it D. it is 3. All the pupils in the primary school are teachers. A. at ease with B. easy with C. at ease to D. easy to 4. She spent as much time on computer as English in school. A. study B. studying C. studies D. studied 5. Mr. Heyhood is more than our teacher. He often us our games. A. takes part; in B. joins; / C. attends; in D. joins; in 6. The Chinese girl found their names difficult . A. remember B. to remember C. to be remembered D. remembered 7. Usually the words in the text are key word for us to pay attention to. A. in bold B. by word C. of italics D. with capital letters 8. Which tie of the three do you think my new black suit? A. match well with B. matches best with C. to match most with D. matches better to 9. , let me introduce my friends to you, Mr. Smith. A. In all B. After all C. Above all D. First of all 10. The first man I was you, from whom I had learnt a lot during my stay in your school. A. have thought of B. have thought out C. thought of D. thought up 11. He as well we his wife and children to England twice. A. has gone B. has been C. have gone D. have been 12. I have already known their marriage, so I am surprised at the news that they are married. A. not a little B. not a bit C. very much D. greatly 13. it is to jump into a river on a hot summer day! A. What fun B. How fun C. What a fun D. How a fun 14. The news is not as interesting as I told you. A. / B. that C. what D. it 15. I missed the chance to see the film. A. giving B. to give C. to be given D. being given 16. After , he realized that he was wrong in doing that. A. some time B. sometime C. sometimes D. some times 17. How the music sounds to me! A. relaxed B. relaxing C. relaxingly D. relaxedly 18. I you were not ill those years. A. hope B. wish C. want D. like 19. Your hair needs badly. A. to cut B. cutting C. being cut D. cut 20. in England, the weather is changeable in Tibet. A. Like B. When C. As D. Justalike 三、完形填空(共 20 分，每小题 1 分) I have always liked going to school. I enjoy learning new things and ___1___ new people
there .I try to consider my school work ____2____ a challenge instead of an unpleasant duty . My parents have taught me the ___3____ of a good education and importance of ___4____ doing my best. My father says that school is ―the cradle of education ‖. I think ___5____ is true . A student beginning school can be compared ___6____ a baby who is put into a cradle , where it begins ____7___ . In schools , the students begins his education , ____8___ will continue as long as he lives. My school is not very large , but I thing it is ___9___. This year I’m studying maths ,English ,Chinese , science , history and geography ___10____ college . My teacher is very strict. We study hard ___11____ class and always have homework . I’m learning more and more ___12____. My best grades are in English ___13_____ science . In fact ,my English teacher is encouraging me ___14_____ my English studies after high school . She is my best and ____15____ teacher . She always has the time and the patience to help me when I have questions . I have great respect ___16___ her. I believe a good education is one of the most ___17____ things a person can have . Although I take part in many social activities , my school work always comes ___18____ .And if a student has a positive (积极的) attitude about school ,he will enjoy it more and learn more ___19___ it . In the years to come he will be glad that he studies hard ___20____ in ―the cradle of education ‖. ( )1. A. recognizing B. know C. work with D. meeting ( )2. A. with B. as C. for D. like ( )3. A. cost B. price C. value D. duty ( )4. A. frequently B. always C. continue D. go on ( )5. A. which B. he C. that D. as ( )6. A. like B. as C. with D. to ( )7. A. growing B. crying C. sleeping D. learning ( )8. A. but he B. because he C. which D. that ( )9. A. excellent B. well C. bad D. expensive ( )10. A. as well as B. preparing C. as well D. to prepare for ( )11. A. in the B. in C. after D. before ( )12. A. on each day B. everyday C. day by day D. a day after a day ( )13. A. or B. but C. so is D. and ( )14. A. to continue B. going on C. for D. with ( )15. A. favouritest B. good C. old D. favorite ( )16. A. with B. of C. for D. on ( )17. A. important B. difficult C. interesting D. pleasant ( )18. A. last B. first C. earlier D. later ( )19. A. from B. of C. for D. through ( )20. A. after B. during C. while D. once 四、完成下列句子翻译(共 30 分，每小题 3 分) 1. 这道题不及我过去碰到的那道题难。 This problem is_____________________________________________________. 2. 那位名叫徐煜呈的老师常告诉他的学生说，学好英语的最好方式是多读。 The teacher whose name is Xu Yucheng often tells his students that ________________.
3. 这次考试对我来说是一次真正的挑战。 This examination is__________________________________________. 4. 那响声听起来像一架飞机飞过头顶。 The noise _____________________________________________ overhead. 5. 星期六早晨我们通常额外上四节课。 We usually______________________________________________________. 6. 你越喜欢学习英语，你就会学的越好。 （The more…, the more…） ____________________________________________________________ 7. 他骑自行车是把腿跌断了。(have sth. done) __________________________________________________________ 8. 我们要让尽可能多的学生参加这个活动。(as…as possible) _________________________________________________________ 9. 她就是我经常跟你谈到的林志玲小姐。(whom) ___________________________________________________________ 10. 他写的不仅仅是一封信，更是一首诗。(more than) ___________________________________________________________
Period 4 Word power
满分：80 分 时间：25 分钟
一、根据句意及首字母完成单词拼写 （共 20 分，每小题 2 分） 1. If you want some information useful, you can surf the I . 2. Our school science laboratory is equipped with the latest laboratory e . 3 .We usually find a big board saying the name of the school at the e , but if you stay in the UK , you can’t. 4. In Hyde Park , many people like to give l in public places. 5. Put the hot dish down on the m , so you don’t spoil the table. 6. She often s the new words when she reads, after all she is five years old. 7. They remained d at the meeting. That is, they kept silent all the time. 8. We can learn by e that oil and water will not mix. 9. In the school, a festival is held once a year. Last year a boy called Yu Cheng put on a wonderful performance in English and gave us a deep impression. 10. Attention, please. These tickets are a on (the) day of issue only. 二、单项选择（共 20 分，每小题 2 分） 1. Do you know art in the 18th century played more important part in people’s lives than it does today? A. 不填；a B. the ; a C. the; the D. an ; the 2. The police arrived, after the situation became more peaceful. A. which B. whom C. then D. that 3. -The public store is to close at 9:00 p.m. -no need to worry ; it is just 7:30 p.m. A. You have B. They have C. It is D. There is 4. His car the terrible traffic jam , so he had to call off his appointment with his doctor.
A. came across B. came along C. came between D. came on 5. No one had told Smith about a lecture the following day. A. there being B. there be C. there would be D. there was 6. Has it been announced the planes are to take off. A. when B. if C. which D. what 7. The roof fell he had time to dash into the room to save his baby. A. after B. as C. before D. until 8. –Was his father very strict with him when he was at school? --Yes. He had never praised him he became one of the top students in his grade. A. after B. unless C. until D. when 9. It was weather that we decided to go for a picnic that day A. so fine B. such fine C. so fine a D. such a fine 10. ―Are you a football player?‖‖ .― A. Yes, I was B. No, but I used to be C. Yes, I used to D. No , but I am 三、用所给词的正确形式填空（共 20 分，每小题 2 分） 1. Excuse me, where is the (enter) to the exhibition hall. 2. We must (appointment) a new teacher at once to the mountain school. 3. A person who want to become a doctor has to study (medical). 4. A (gym) is a person who is trained and skilled in gymnastics, especially one who engages in competition. 5. He has been teaching for more than twenty years . He is an (experience) teacher. 6. Three (visit) came to No.1 Middle School and (visit) the whole school. 7. Our school has been given some modern office (equip) . 8. He gave a (describe) of what he had seen. 9. English is the (office) language in the country. 10. Who is the girl that is wearing a (swim) suit. 四、短文填空（共 20 分，每小题 2 分） In the United States, boys and girls start school when (1) are five years old .In some states they must stay in school (2) they are sixteen. Most students are seventeen or eighteen years old when they graduate(3) secondary school .Another name (4) secondary school is high school. Most children go to public elementary and secondary schools. The parents of public school pupils do not have to pay directly for their children’s education(5) tax money supports the public students. If a child attends a private (6) , his parents (7) the school for the child’s education. Today about half of the high school graduates go on to college and universities. Some college and (8) receive tax money from the government . A student at a state university does not have to pay very much if his parents live in that state. Private colleges and universities are expensive, however. Almost half of the college students in the United States work while they are(9) . When a student’s family is not rich, he has to earn (10) for part
of his college expenses.
Period 5 Grammar and usage
满分：100 分 时间：40 分钟
一、用适当的关系词填空（共 10 分，每小题 1 分） 1. This is the factory we visited the day before yesterday. 2. My friends Enoch will never forget the teacher taught him English at Bell School. 3. Do you know the reason he gave for being late for school. 4. Will you show me the girl name is Yu Ting. 5. She is a nurse , work is to take care of the children. 6. The doctor you want to see is not here. 7. This computer we have had for two years is a good one. 8. The next question I found difficult to answer was put to me by Mary. 9. He is the man I must talk to. 10. The book he bought yesterday is popular at present. 二、单项选择（共 25 分，每小题 1 分） 1. He is the only one of the people here who how to operate this computer. A. knows B. know C. had known D. known 2. He is one of the people here who how to operate this computer. A. knows B. know C. had known D. known 3. My hometown is no longer she used to be. A. whom B. that C. who D. what 4. My hometown is no longer the one she used to be. A. whom B. that C. who D. what 5. She decided to buy the house, windows faced the blue sea. A. whose B. which C. of which D. that 6. She decided to buy the house, the windows faced the blue sea. A. whose B. which C. of which D. that 7. I’ll never forget the days I spent on the farm. A. when B. that C. in which D. in that 8. I’ll never forget the days I worked on the farm. A. when B. that C. in which D. in that 9. Is that exhibition they visited last Sunday? A. where B. that C. in which D. the one 10. Is that the exhibition they visited last Sunday? A. where B. that C. in which D. the one 11. Have you seen the girl ? A. that I told B. I told you of C. whom I told you D. I told you of her 12. Those not only from books but also through practice will succeed. A. learn B. who learn C. that learns D. who learns 13. Anyone this opinion may speak out.
A. that is against B. that against C. who are against D. who against 14. They talked for about an hour of things and persons they remembered in the school. A. which B. that C. who D. whom 15. It’s the third time late this month. A. that you arrived B. when you arrived C. that you’ve arrived D. when you’ve arrived 16. All the apples fell down were eaten by the pigs. A. that B. which C. those D. what 17. Please pass me the dictionary cover is brown. A. which B. of which C. which of D. whose 18. Is this the museum you visited the other day? A. that B. the one C. where D. to which 19. ---How do you like the book? ---It’s quite different from I read last month. A. that B. which C. the one D. the one which 20. This is Mr. Smith I think has something interesting to tell us. A. who B. whom C. that D. / 21. He was one of the boys who late for class. A. are B. is C. were D. was 22. He was the only one of the boys who late for class. A. are B. is C. were D. was 23. That you borrowed from me wasn’t a real diamond necklace. A. that B. which C. when D. what 24. Who’s the man is talking with Tom? A. that B. which C. who D. whom 25. This is the best place I have ever visited all my life . A. which B. that C. where D. when 三、单句改错（共 15 分，每小题 1.5 分） 1. I，who is your friend, will share everything with you. 2. All things can be done have been done. 3. I’ll never forget the days when I spend with you 4. We visited a village where has a long history 5. The book you borrow it from me is Tom’s 6. I like the people and places which I visited in England 7. The house is built on soft land is easy to fall down 8. You are one of the students who knows the answer 9. We’ll remember all what she said at the meeting 10. Is this school one you used to stay in? 四、翻译下列句子（要求每句含有定语从句） （共 30 分，每句 3 分） 1. 昨天我看的那部电影非常令人感动。 _____________________________________________ 2. 他丢失了他父亲给他的那块手表。
______________________________________________ 3. 刚才跟你讲话的那个人是我们的校长。 ________________________________________________ 4. 你认识哪个头发长长的男生吗？ ________________________________________________ 5. 我捡到的那本书是小王丢失的。 _________________________________________________ 6. 我们最需要的东西是时间。 _________________________________________________ 7. 我最喜欢的学科是英语。 ________________________________________________ 8. 站在学校门口的那个人是我们的老师。 _______________________________________________ 9. 你知道哪个马尾辫长长的女孩吗？ _______________________________________________ 10. 永远忘不了那位教授上星期给我们作的讲座。 _______________________________________________ 五、完形填空（共 20 分，每小题 1 分） In a room four men were seated at a large table. After asking me 1 about my place of birth and my Royal Air Force experience, they began to 2 me carefully on telecommunications. Now I was confident 自信的） at ease with a 3 subject .The years of study and work began to （ ， 4___ , and I knew I was doing well. I was 5 enjoying it .When it was over, one of them said： “Well, now, we are completely 6 with your replies and we feel sure that you are well suited to the 7 we have in mind. But we are faced with a certain 8 . If we 9 you, it means we must 10 you in a position of authority（权威） 11 a number of our English employees. Many of them have been with us for a long time, and we feel 12 that your appointment （职位） would upset （打乱） good relations within the firm. We do not offer that post and we 13 not ask you to accept one or two other positions of a different 14 . They exist, but they are not 15 for someone like you. 16 , I’m afraid, we will not be able offer you the job.” I felt suddenly 17 , and I was quite unable to think. Yet somehow I 18 to leave that office, 19 that I had either forgotten or completely ignored（忽视）during the exciting years of the 20 my own black skin. 1. A．gradually B．briefly C．generally D．carefully 2. A．tell B．explain C．question D．require 3. A．familiar B．difficult C．easy D．exciting 4. A．make sure B．pay off C．break out D．bring back 5. A．just B．still C．even D．only 6. A．satisfied B．disappointed C．interested D．surprised 7. A．subject B．idea C．answer D．post 8. A．position B．reason C．purpose D．difficulty 9. A．like B．employ C．believe D．allow 10. A．place B．treat C．show D．expect 11. A．by B．over C．for D．with 12. A．clear B．sad C．sure D．pleased
13. A．must 14. A．company 15. A．friendly 16. A．However 17. A．certain 18. A．had 19. A．realizing 20. A．war
B．would B．department B．suitable B．Because B．anxious B．managed B．regarding B．work
C．might C．type C．valuable C．But C．free C．ought C．recognizing C．study
D．dare D．place D．necessary D．So D．weak D．hoped D．admitting D．university
一、翻译下列词组(共 10 分，每小题 1 分) 1. 用简写形式 _________________________ 2. 节省空间 ___________________________ 3. 用几种方法 _________________________ 4. 发生、举行 _________________________ 5. 指的是 _____________________________ 6. 作一个决定 _________________________ 7. 越……就越…… _____________________ 8. 读完一本书 _________________________ 9. 通知某人某事 _______________________ 10. 消息灵通人士 _______________________ 二、单项选择(共 10 分，每小题 1 分) 1. Computers are useful many ways. A. in B. on C. by D. with 2. Who will when I am away? A. take place of me B. be taken the place C. take my place D. take the place of me 3. which floor are you living? A. In B. On C. About D. By 4. The judge ordered that the thief in. A. be referred to be brought B. referred to should brought C. referred to be brought D. was referred should be brought 5. The sports meeting next Sunday . A. will take place B. is to be held C. will be taken place D. A and B 6. Can you give me of the guided tour? A. any information B. some information C. an information D. many information 7. When can you the book? A. read finish B. finish reading C. finish to read D. finish read 8. ―I wish I had not made that mistake‖ has the similar meaning to ―I regret
mistake.‖ A. having made B. to make C. made D. not to have made 9. My brother is person in his office. A. a better-informed B. the well-informed C. a best-informed D. the best-informed 10. books you read, knowledge you’ll gain. A. The many, the more B. The more, the much C. The more, the more D. The many, the much 三、阅读理解(共 10 分，每小题 2 分) A BEIJING (Associated Press) ! China has a growing middle class, a tradition of expecting education and 21 million new babies every year. Selling educational toys should be easy. While China may be the world’s biggest toy-maker, much of the best is exported. Department stores here do not have enough high-quality toys. It is said that the demand for educational toys is low. A US company, BabyCare, is trying to change that with a new way to sell toys in China. BabyCare works basically together with doctors in Beijing hospitals. People who join the company’s ―mother’s club‖ get lectures and newsletters on baby and child development at no extra cost—if they agree to spend 18 dollars a month on the company’s educational toys and child-care books. ―We want to build a seven-year relationship with those people,‖ said Matthew J. Estes, BabyCare’s presi-dent. ―It starts during pregnancy, when the anxiety and needs are highest.‖ BabyCare works on a one-to-one basis. Doctors, nurses, and teachers paid by BabyCare, advise parents, explaining toys that are designed for children at each stage of development to age six. BabyCare opened its first store in China last June in a shopping center in central Beijing and another near Beijing Zoo. It plans to have 80 stores in China within six years. It is a new model for China and develops a market in young children’s education and health that no other companies are in. 1. What do the first two paragraphs mainly tell us? A. Educational toys and foreign toy markets. B. Problems with China’s toy market and education. C. Reasons for pushing sales of educational toys in China. D. Baby population and various kinds of toys made in China. 2. BabyCare is developing its business in China by _________. A. opening stores in Beijing hospitals B. offering 18-month courses on child-care C. setting up children’s education centers D. forming close relationships with parents 3. Which of the following would be the most suitable title for the passage? A. Mother’s Club in China B. BabyCare and Doctors C. American Company Model D. On Educational Toys
B San Francisco is going to do what many other cities have already done—provide free bicycles to the public. The mayor of San Francisco supports the bicycle program. He wants to improve the terrible traffic problems in the city. At first, 40 to 60 bikes will be available only to city workers. People will give their old bikes to the city to use in the program. If this program is successful, one day more than 1000 bicycles will be available. Everyone, not just city workers, will be able to use these bicycles. People in Fresno, California already have a free bicycle program. In fact, this idea began in Amsterdam over 40 years ago. These programs encourage citizens to get out of their cars and use free bikes. Fresno’s Yellow Bike Program puts about forty bicycles around the city. The bikes are painted bright yellow so people know they can take them. When people take a yellow bike, they can ride to work or to shopping areas, and then leave the bike for the next rider. Some people worry that the free bikes will be stolen. However, theft hasn’t been a problem in free-bike cities by now. While most people think the bike program is a good idea, only a few say they will use it. ―I will still drive my car,‖ says Joanna Green. ―San Francisco has a lot of hills. My office is at the top of Potrero Hill. I don’t think I’m in good shape. And, wouldn’t I have to carry a helmet with me all the time? ‖ Phil Chung agrees, ―There is too much traffic. Riding a bicycle can be dangerous. There are not very many bike lanes.‖ He continues, ―Plus, it’s too cold in the winter. And what if you ride a bike to work, and then there isn’t one to ride home? ‖ Program leaders know there will be problems. But they think it’s worth trying. ―It’s not the solution for everyone,‖ states Sylvia Pass. ―But if just one hundred people use it every day, that’s one hundred cars that aren’t on the streets, one hundred parking spaces that aren’t used. I think it’s a great beginning. ‖ 4. Why does San Francisco provide bicycles to the public? A. Because there are many bikes available. B. Because the citizens don’t have cars of their own. C. Because other cities have not done so. D. Because the traffic problems are terrible. 5. The underlined words ―in good shape‖ mean ―______‖. A. beautiful B. healthy and strong C. tall enough D. fat and small 四、单句改错 (共 10 分，每小题 1 分) 1. I am lucky like I am one of the hosts. 2. I asked him if music can be played during break time. 3. We listen to the weather broadcast on every morning. 4. He attended to an important meeting yesterday. 5. They first select poems and then read them out aloud. 6. The problem is very difficult that no one can solve it. 7. It was one of the best poems which he had heard. 8. The film was shown yesterday was worse seeing. 9. His mother approved to what he had planned.
10. They are making preparation for the journey. 五、书面表达(共 20 分) 根据下面的提示以 English Department 的名义写一张有关举办暑假英语口语提高班的书 面通知。内容如下： 1. 目的：提高学生们听力和口语表达能力。 2. 内容：英国生活和文化。 3. 时间：7 月 15 日—8 月 4 日。 4. 地点：教学大楼 110 室。 注意：1. 英籍教师 Miss Anna 每周两次来班与学生会话。 2. 即日起在老师办公室报名。 （因为要准备材料，截止日期为 7 月 12 日） _______________________________________________________________________________ _______________________________________________________________________________ _______________________________________________________________________________ _______________________________________________________________________________ _______________________________________________________________________________ _______________________________________________________________________________ _______________________________________________________________________________ _______________________________________________________________________________ _______________________________________________________________________________ ________________________________________________________________
一、单项选择（共 10 分，每小题 1 分） 1. Yesterday afternoon Frank Hawkins was telling me about his when he was in Africa. A. experience B. experiences C. life D. knowledge 2. Joe is a computer fan-he likes the Internet all the time and computer games. A. surfing; plays B. surfing; playing C. playing; surfs D. playing; surfing 3. One can’t work all the time, surely; one has to have . A. little excitement B. a little fun C. a little funny D. little enjoyment 4. Jenny doesn’t enjoy Spanish lessons, like woodwork classes. A. she doesn’t B. not she does C. so does she D. nor does she 5. I don’t know everyone in my class thinks I am funny. A. why it is that B. why is it which C. who is it which D. who it is which 6. English is spoken as a second language in countries India, Pakistan, Nigeria and the Philippines. A. like B. for example C. as D. in other words 7. Many possible means been tried, but worked. A. have; a few B. has; a few C. has none D. have; none 8. More and more people would like to live in the countryside there is fresher
air and lower price of housing. A. that B. where C. which D. when 9. You made the same mistake for second time, dropping ―n‖ in the word ―environment‖. A. a; the B. a; a C. the; an D. a; an 10. The doctors in the country were attending the medical meeting to find out the real of SARS. A. experience; cause B. experienced; cause C. top; reason D. experienced; reason 二、用下列方框中所给词的适当形式填空（共 10 分，每小题 1 分） sound like, (be) good at, take good care of, all year round, make sure, word by word. (be) at ease, pass…to…, as well as, (be) happy with 1. My family very the holiday in Guilin last summer. We’re planning to go there again. 2. Tina was playing something that Lanny didn’t know. It Beethoven. 3. My sister has been trained in hospital, so she’s awfully looking after people. 4. The letter all members of the family. 5. To stand is to stand comfortably, i.e. not at attention. 6. You’d better send for a doctor tomorrow the child. 7. The weather is so good here that we can swim . 8. He looked behind him he was not being followed. 9. They’re studying the article . 10.We can’t expect her to do the homework look after the children. 三、用完成下列句子翻译（共 20 分，每小题 2 分） 1. 我丢了那本红封面的书。 I lost the book . 2. 你能告诉我你们上星期参观的工厂的名字吗？ Can you tell me the name of the factory ? 3. 他就是我正在找的人。 He is the man . 4. 我昨天收到的信是我姑妈寄来的。 The letter was from my aunt. 5. 在接下来的年月里，他们拼命工作。 During the years , they worked very hard. 6. 那个名叫彼得的男孩是我们的班长。 The boy is our monitor. 7. 今天早晨她比平常起得早。(than usual) __________________________________________________ 8. 不久我就习惯了美国式的做法。(get used to) _________________________________________________ 9. 我们平均每天接到 5 封信。 (on average) __________________________________________________ 10. 学生们正在为期末考试做准备。(prepare for) _________________________________________________
四、短文填空（共 10 分，每小题 1 分） American English and British English Many students want to know about the d (1) between American English and British English .How did these difference come about? There is no quick a (2) to these question. At first the language in British and American was the same. In 1776 American became an independent country. After that, the language slowly began to c (3) .For a long time the language in the American stayed the same, while the language in E (4) changed. For example, 300 years ago the English talked about ―fall‖. Today, most British people talk about ―a (5)‖, but American still talk about ―fall‖. In the s __(6) way Americans still use the expression ―I guess‖ (meaning ―I think‖), just as the British did 300 y (7) ago. At the same time, British English and American English started borrowing words from other languages, ending up with different words. For e (8) , the English took ―typhoon‖ from Chinese, while the American took ―tornado‖ from Spanish. In 1828 Noah Webster published the first American dictionary. He wanted to make American English different from B (9)English, so he changed the s (10) of many words. That’s why the words ―colour, centre and traveler‖ are spelled ―color, center and traveler‖ in American English. Except for these differences in spelling, written English is more or less the same in both British and American English. 五、书面表达(共 20 分) 最近，中学聘请外教之风愈演愈烈，请结合下面提供的利弊发表自己的观点。 好处： 1、提高学校的知名度； 2、提高英语学习的兴趣； 3、更好地了解外国文化。 弊端： 1、花费高； 2、一些外国人难以适应我过的生活方式，甚至担心自己的安全； 3、外国人不了解中国学生的特点。 注意： 1、词数 100 左右； 2、短文应包括以上所有要点； 3、可适当增加细节，以使行文连贯； 4、开头已给出，不计入总词数。 Several years ago, when a foreigner appeared in China, many people would gather around and stare at him or her as if they were watching a rare animal. ___________________________________________________________________________ _______________________________________________________________________________ _______________________________________________________________________________ _______________________________________________________________________________ _______________________________________________________________________________ _______________________________________________________________________________ _______________________________________________________________________________ _______________________________________________________________________________ _______________________________________________________________________________ _______________________________________________________________________________ _____________________________________________________________________
一、翻译下列词组（共 20 分，每小题 1 分） 1. 一个广播俱乐部 ______________________________ 2. 经营一个饭店 ______________________________ 3. 创办一个书店 ______________________________ 4. 超过 ______________________________________ 5. 备课 _____________________________________ 6. 在学年结束时 ____________________________ 7. 赞成这个想法_______________________________ 8. 听彼此谈论诗歌_______________________________ 9. 在每月的最后一个星期五_________________________ 10. 让大家围绕一棵古树坐着_________________________ 11. 讨论你的日常校园生活 ____________________________ 12. 比较信息 _________________________ 13. 写一个通知 _______________________ 14. 设计海报 _________________________ 15. 出席会议 _________________________ 16. 体验不同的生活方式 _______________ 17. 给你家人发电子邮件 ________________________________ 18. 自我介绍 ____________________ 19. 一直往前走 ____________________________ 20. 住的离家很远 ___________________________ 二、单项选择(共 20 分，每小题 1 分) 1. I thought the hotel was too expensive. , it was very close to the noisy main road. A. However B. Except C. Besides D Still 2. Bob got a job in a firm most famous product is chocolate. A. which B. whose C. its D. in which 3. Tom shows great interest in physics and he wishes himself to become Einstein one day. A. /; an B. the; an C. /; / D. the; / 4. Many married women manage to go out to work and a home as well. A. made B. do C. get D. run 5. I was joyful my child take her first steps. A. upon seeing B. upon to see C. while looking D. when to see 6. Which of the following is NOT right? A. She informed her friends she was thinking of entering medical school B. She informed her friends of her entering medical school C. She informed her friends where to find her new address D. She informed her friends her new address 7. He suggested that I regularly to help with his subject. A. has recently; would come in B. had recently; should come in C. recently has; came in D. recently had; could come in
8. You cannot go A. for nature B. against nature C. for the nature D. against the nature th 9. All library books must before June 20 . A. bring back B. return C. be brought back D. be brought in 10. The boys James. They hid his shoes and he could not find them. A. played a joke on B. had a joke on C. played a joke with D. had a joke at 11. Work hard, ___________ you’ll have to pass the final exam. A. at all B. first of all C. after all D. above all 12. In the past fifty years, the people’s living standards _________ a lot. A. have improved B. has been improved C. have been improved D. Both A and C 13. It’s cruel to ________ people who stammer. A. make fun of B. have fun of C. make funs of D. play fun on 14. You can _____whichever one you like. A. choose B. pick C. select D. elect 15. I can’t ___________ his name. A. think about B. think over C. think of D. think 16. Take care not to drop the pan of burning oil. ________, you might get burnt. A. As a result B. In that case C. In fact D. So that 17. I’ll go there by bike ____ by ship. A. instead B. instead of C. in the place of D. in place of 18. Rather than _________ to see a film, my father preferred ________ at home last night. A. go; stay B. to go; stay C. go; to stay D. to go; to stay. 19. Your pronunciation should . A. pay more attention to B. pay more attention C. be paid more attention D. be paid more attention to 20. Is there anything else _________ you want? A. which B. that C. who D. what 三、用所给动词的适当形式填空（共 10 分，每小题 1 分） prepare respect inform earn broadcast experience select regret require introduce
1. They ____________ the artist’s last wish and burned his letters. 2. His kindness has ____________ him great respect among the workers. 3. Our country has _____________ great changes in the last thirty years. 4. He carefully _____________ a beautiful present from the shop when he heard that his teacher’s birthday was coming. 5. I ________ to tell you that you have failed in the exam. 6. I have done all that is ____________ by law. 7. Let me _____________ my wife to the honored guests present, please. 8. I wasn’t _____________ of the plan until yesterday. 9. At the end of the term, the students are busy ____________ for the coming exam. 10. The news of the Taiwan earthquake ____________ soon after the earthquake broke out.
四、完形填空（共 20 分，每小题 1 分） I came to study in the US last fall. My life had been quite 1 since I arrived at Andover. Although I had quite a few extracurricular (课外) activities, I hadn’t taken any official leadership position. This 2 changed when I received an email from Ms Griffith, my cluster (a group of dorms) dean (主任), 3 that a new female DC Rep was needed. DC Rep 4 Discipline (纪律) Committee Representative (代表). 5 boarding school students break serious rules, like using 6, getting drunk or cheating in their studies. The punishments given to such students are 7 by a DC Rep, a house counselor, two student representatives, the cluster president and the cluster dean. I was really interested in becoming DC Rep for my cluster, Pine Knoll, 8 so were five other students. We had to hold 9 and Ms Griffith asked us to write 10 to be sent to everyone in Pine Knoll. I thought hard about what to write. I didn’t want to make any 11, because they are difficult to keep. I didn’t want to say I was experienced, because I was not. So I started my speech by explaining 12 I wanted to become a DC Rep. ―I want to serve Pine Knoll and also learn how American boarding schools carry out discipline,‖ I wrote 13. I made three 14 that said ―Vote For Teresa‖ and put them on every exit of my dorm so that people would 15 my name when they went to vote. Although I tried hard, I didn’t win the election. I was 16, but my positive (积极的) nature did not allow me to 17 for very long. I actually 18 when my friends tried to comfort me, ― Teresa, I am sorry that you didn’t win the election,‖ they would say. ―No, don’t be sorry for me. I am very happy to have taken part in the election,‖ I said. It is true; the 19 is much more important than the result. I am surprised and happy to discover my hidden 20. 1. A. hard B. terrible C. happy D. simple 2. A. condition B. situation C. time D. life 3. A. explaining B. writing C. saying D. talking 4. A. stands for B. asks for C. calls for D. looks for 5. A. Usually B. Sometimes C. Often D. Seldom 6. A. computers B. drugs C. cars D. mobiles 7. A. carried out B. given C. determined D. made 8. A. or B. although C. but D. therefore 9. A. a discussion B. a meeting C. an election D. a selection 10. A. articles B. speeches C. compositions D. introductions 11. A. mistakes B. movements C. promises D. requests 12. A. how B. whether C. when D. why 13. A. seriously B. easily C. fluently D. honestly 14. A. posters B. advertisements C. speeches D. promises 15. A. recognize B. remember C. forget D. know 16. A. satisfied B. surprised C. disappointed D. helpless 17. A. put down B. look down C. feel down D. lie down 18. A. smiled B. cried C. laughed D. sorrowed 19. A. reason B. attitude C. process D. ail 20. A. strength B. courage C. ability D. skill 五、阅读理解（共 10 分，每小题 2 分）
Professor Martin’s report says that children who attend a number of schools, because their parents have to move around the country, probably make slow progress in their studies. There are also signs, says Professor Martin, that an unusually large number of such children are mentally affected. The professor says ―It’s true, my personal feeling is that children should stay in one school. Our feelings are based on research and not on any personal feelings that I or many assistants may have on the subject.‖ Captain Thomas James, an army lectures for the past 20 years and himself a father of two, said, ―I’ve never heard such rubbish. Taking me for example, no harm is done to the education of my children who change school regularly--- if they keep to the same system, as in our Army school. In my experience--- and I’ve known quite a few of them--- Army children are as well-adjusted(适应) as any others, if not more so. What the professor doesn’t appear to appreciate is the fact that in such situations children will adapt(适应)much better than grown-ups. ‖ When this was put to Professor Martin, he said that at no time has his team suggested that all such children were backward or mentally affected in some way, but simply that in their experience there was a clear tendency(倾向). ―Our findings show that while the very bright child can deal with regular changes without harming his or her general progress in studies, the majority(大多数) of children suffer from constantly(不断地) having to enter a new learning situation.‖ 1. Professor Martin’s report suggests that ___________. A. it may not be good for children to change schools too often B. parents should not move around the country C. children are now making slow progress D. more and more children are mentally affected 2. According to the passage, Professor Martin’s personal feeling _____________. A. is opposite of what his report has shown B. is in a way supported by his research C. has played a big part in his research D. is based on his own experience as a child 3. From the passage, we can conclude that Captain James’s children ____________. A. have been affected by changing schools B. go to ordinary state schools C. can get used to the Army school education D. discuss their education regularly with their father 4. About children and grown-ups, Captain James says that children _____________. A. are generally well-adjusted B. are usually less experienced C. can adapt much more easily D. can deal with changes quickly 5. According to Professor Martin, ____________ suffer from changing schools regularly. A. Army children B. Quite a few children C. Bright children D. Few children
六、将下列句子译成英语（共 20 分，每小题 1 分） 1. 今天早晨她比平常起得早。 __________________________________________ 2. 不久我就习惯了美国式的做法。 ___________________________________________ 3. 我们平均每天接到 5 封信。 ____________________________________________ 4. 学生们正在为期末考试做准备。 ___________________________________________ 5. 我宁愿去看电影而不愿呆在家里。 __________________________________________ 6. 你练得越用功，你的进步就越大。 __________________________________________ 7. 我们很惋惜你不得不卖掉房子。 __________________________________________ 8. 他们不允许在这儿抽烟。 __________________________________________ 9. 你刚才提到的那所房子及其主人是我想了解的。 ____________________________________________ 10. 我在考虑选一些短篇故事作你们的课外读物。 _____________________________________________
Unit 1 单元综合测试
一、单项选择(共 15 分，每小题 1 分) 1. Luckily, we’d brought a road map without we would have lost our way. A. it B. that C. this D. which 2. The Parkers bought a new house but will need a lot of work before they can move in. A. they B. it C. one D. which 3. He doesn’t much time his home work. A. spend, on doing B. cost, on C. take, doing D. spend, on 4. I’m sorry, those shoes are not in your color and size. A. available B. free C. had D. sold 5. finishing his homework, he went out to play football with his classmates. A. As soon as B. In C. On D. While 6. At the news, many people all over the world their money to these tsunami-hit areas. A. gave B. offered C. donated D. lent 7. interesting work is! First of all, it allows you what you like to . A. What an, do B. How an, to do C. What, to do D. How, to 8. Jumping out of airplane at ten thousand feet is quite exciting experience. A. 不填, the B. 不填, an C. an, an D. the, the 9. John plays football , if not better than , David . A. as well B. as well as C. so well D. so well as
10. I met with my old friend Tom, who I saw two years ago last time , on the street term. A. at the begin B. at the beginning of C. in the beginning D. in the beginning of 11. The soup smells , but I’m not enough to enjoy it. A. good, well B. well good C. delicious, good D. well ,fine 12. The best way to make you look fine is to healthy eating habits. A. develop B. inform C. bring back D. require 13. The manager asked his men to him of everything concerning the sales in time. A. inform B. report C. say D. speak 14. The Mayor(市长) the new building plans. A. agreed B. approved C. promised D. disagreed 15. The children’s work was on the wall. A. played B. put on C. shown off D. displayed 二、单词拼写(共 10 分，每小题 1 分) 1. Professor Li is not a at the moment . Should I ask him to call you back. 2. I shall take l and mathematics this spring. 3. I’ve got an a with Matthew at the Cheery Club at six o’clock. 4. Martin considered d his medicine and specializing in history. 5. In America we call pie, cake, puddings and ice-cream d . 6. One of the f our students have is a large library in our school. 7. There is no a to the house from the main road. 8. This kind of exercise is most c , and therefore is a good test of my students’ competence(能力). 9. When you want to skip you use a s rope. 10. He went to London without having a any success. 三、用所给动词的适当形式填空(共 10 分，每小题 1 分) 1. The hotel (run) by Mr Wang is very successful. 2. The school (start) 150 years ago. 3. She stayed up late into the night, (prepare) a report. 4. Do you know the name of the song (sing) by the singer? 5. your plan (approve) yet? 6. English, Chinese and maths are (require) subjects to every students. 7. Your trousers require (press). 8. In class, the students listen to the teacher (explain) the text. 9. Smoking (not allow) in hospitals. 10. The teacher require that the exercise books (hand) in early tomorrow morning. 四、完形填空 (共 20 分，每小题 1 分) A land free from destruction, plus wealth, natural resources, and labor supply—all these were important 1 in helping England to become the center for the Industrial Revolution. 2 they were not enough. Something 3 was needed to start the industrial process. That "something special" was men— 4 individuals who could invent machines, find new 5 of power, and establish business organizations to reshape society. The men who 6 the machines of the Industrial Revolution 7 from many backgrounds and many occupations. Many of them were 8 inventors than scientists. A man
who is a 9 scientist is primarily interested in doing his research 10 .He is not necessarily working 11 that his findings can be used. An inventor or one interested in applied science is 12 trying to make something that has a concrete use. He may try to solve a problem by 13 the theories 14 science or by experimenting through trial and error. Regardless of his method, he is working to obtain a 15 result: the construction of a harvesting machine, the burning of a light bulb, or one of 16 other objectives. Most of the people who 17 the machines of the Industrial Revolution were inventors, not trained scientists. A few were both scientists and inventors. Even those who had 18 or no training in science might not have made their inventions 19 a groundwork had not been laid by scientists years 20 . 1. A. cases B. reasons C. factors D. situations 2. A. But B. And C. Besides D. Even 3. A. else B. near C. extra D .similar 4. A. generating B. effective C. motivating D .creative 5. A. origins B. sources C. bases D .discoveries 6. A. employed B. created C. operated D. controlled 7. A. came B. arrived C. stemmed D. appeared 8. A. less B .better C. more D. worse 9. A. genuine B. practical C. pure D. clever 10. A. happily B. occasionally C. reluctantly D. accurately 11. A. now B. and C. all D. so 12. A. seldom B. sometimes C. all D. never 13. A. planning B. using C .idea D. means 14. A. of B. with C. to D. as 15. A. single B. sole C. specialized D .specific 16. A. few B. those C. many D. all 17. A. proposed B. developed C. supplied D. offered 18. A. little B. much C .some D. any 19. A. as B. if C. because D. while 20. A. ago B. past C. ahead D. before 五、阅读理解（共 20 小题；每小题 2 分，满分 40 分） A J akarta—About 20 bombs exploded outside churches in Jakarta and five other Indonesian cities and towns, killing at least 14 people and injuring 47, said National Police Chief Gen. Suroyo Bimantoro on Sunday. Sunday’s attacks follow a rise in Muslim extremism （穆斯林极端主义）throughout the country .Thy heaviest violence （暴力行为）has been in the Maluku islands in Indonesia’s east ,where about 5,000 people of both Christian（天主教的）and Muslim beliefs have been killed over the past two years. Indonesia is the world’s largest Muslim country with 90 percent of its 210 million people being followers of Islam. Christians make up less than 10 percent of Indonesia’s 210 million people .Many are from the Chinese minority, which had been attacked by Muslim groups during past civil unrest.
Sunday’s bombings were the latest in a series to rock the capital. The worst this year came in September, when a car bomb and the following fire killed 15 people in a parking lot at Jakarta’s Stock Exchange. In August, two people were killed when in a car bomb blew up outside the Philippine ambassador’s （大使）home. The police made arrests after those attacks and several smaller explosions, but have brought no formal charges. Most of the arrested have been set free. （Form China Daily ,December 25,2000） 1. The fourteen people died in bombings on Sunday. A. in several cities and towns in Indones B. in the city of Jakarta C. in the Maluku island in Indonesia’s east D. outside churches in Jakarta 2. We can infer from the passage that . A. the Chinese minority was regarded as the enemies of the Indonesians B. there is much violence in the country because of people’s different beliefs C. Muslim extremists try to control the Christians D. Sunday’s bombings were the heaviest violence over past two years 3. According to the news report, . A. more than 5,000 Christian people have been killed in the past two years in Indonesia B. the society in Indonesia used to be unrest long ago C. about 30 were killed this year in violence in Indonesia except in the Maluku islands D. the police caught some people after Sunday’s attacks and then set all of them free again 4. The word ―charge‖ in ―have brought on formal charges‖ most probably means . A. statement that a person has broken a law B. sudden and violent attack at high speed C. price asked for goods or service D. forms given to prisoners B Operator services 101 The operator is there to help you if you have difficulty making a call or if you want to use any of our special call service. These in include: ALARM CALLS, ADVICE OF DURATION CHARGE CREDIT CARD CALLS, FIXED TIME CALLS, FREEPHONE CALLS, PERSONAL CALLS, TRANSFERRED CHARGE CALLS, SUBSCRIBER （ 用 户 ） CONTROLLED TRANSFER. For details of charges see our free leaflet （小册子）. Dial 101 and ask for financial （金融）services. for financial （金融）services. International operator 123 See Section 3（international）for details Directory enquires 142 Tell the operator the town you require. Have paper and pencil ready. International directory enquires 130 Emergency 010 Tell the operator what service you want Faults 166
Any fault should be reported to the local fault repair service Sales 170 Telemessage 190 If you have something special to say and prefer to say it in writing . International telemessage 191 International telegrams 192 You can send a telegram to most other countries Maritime （海事）service 200 SHIP’S TELEGRAM SERVICE, SHIIP’S TELEPHONE SERVICE ,INMARSAT SATELLITE SERVICE .You can call or send a message to someone aboard ship by using our maritime services. For INMARSAT（international maritime satellite ）service, dial 178 .Give the ship’s name, its identification（标识）number and ocean region, if known, satellite service. Any other call enquires 111 5. What should you dial if you want to find out a number in a foreign country？ A. 130. B. 142. C. 192. D. 123. 6. According to the text, one cannot call his friend on a ship at sea without knowing _____________ besides dialing 178. A. the number of the ships telephone service B. how to telephone INMARSAT service C. the ship’s name, the number of its identification and ocean region D. the number of maritime service 7. Which of the following will you telephone if you want to send the injured to hospital after an accident？ A. Special all service. B. Emergency. C. Alarm calls. D. Faults. 8. This selected text is most probably taken from a（n） ___ . A. advertisement B. instruction C. telephone directory D. free leaflet C Dear MSN（微软提供网络在线服务） I live in San Diego. I’m single and would like to meet people near me. Can I do this on the Internet？ Searching in San Diego Dear Searching, On the Internet, you could easily go looking for love in all the wrong places, but there are lots of great ways to meet singles near you. The Web is a good place to start. MSN also has a San Diego site, and local sites for many main US cites. For our worldly readers, MSN also has international sites for Europe, Asia, Australia and South America. There are several California-based MSN Web communities where you can meet like-minded people near you as well as city-specific chat rooms for real-time interaction 交往） （ .Hope for some intellectual stimulation （知识趣味的刺激） Jump into ―The Fray on Slate‖ and make some clever ? friends. Want a little more excitement in your online interactions？Try the ―Gaming Zone‖！ I also tried MSN Search, looked under the ―Personal‖ heading and found ―Relationships.
Clicked on that, then found. ―Ads & Personals,‖ by ―Region‖ and found San Diego-specific personal from there. Try it！ Also, give, ―IRC‖ (Internet Relay Chat)and ―Usenet Newgroups‖ a shot .Many a net romance has started and then developed in these off —the —Web communities. If you’d rather make friends F2F （fact to face, the Web has some helpful dating and relating tips. 9. Searching has written this letter with the purpose of . A. getting help form MSN with his computer B. winning the heart of a lover from the web C. meeting single people on line D. looking for love in all the wrong places 10. MSN provides Searching with ways to meet his need. A. 4. B. 5. C. 6. D. 7. 11. According to the second letter, MSN has several advantages such as . A. shooting IRC and Usenet Newsproups B. giving you time and places to chat with others C. satisfying you with whatever kind of help you want D. supplying you with many methods to make friends 12. From the second letter we can infer that MSN treats an ordinary reader so kindly and warmly because . A. in needs to attract as many readers as possible so as to make greater benefit （利益） B. it is its duty to help those who have trouble with their computers C. it likes to see more net romances and shares their happiness D. all people need it and it needs all people D Culture means any human behavior that is learned in human society. All of the meaningful parts of a culture are passed on to different generations through tradition or social learning. From this viewpoint, all human groups have a culture. Culture exists in agricultural as well as industrialized societies. Culture is necessary for the survival and existence of human beings. Practically everything humans know, think, value, feel, and do is learned through taking part in a social cultural system .This statement is well supported by some well-written cases. Here is one of the cases of children growing up apart from human society. In the province of Midnapore in India ,the director of a children’s home was told by local villagers that there were ―ghosts（鬼）‖in the forest. Upon looking into the case, the director found that two children, one about eight years old and the other about six years old, appeared to have been living with a pack of wolves in the forest. These children were the ghosts described by the local people. In his diary, the director describes his first view of Kamala （as the older child was names ） Amala （the name given and to the younger child: [Kamala was ] a terrible looking being…the head a big ball of something covering the shoulders…Close at its heels there came another terrible creature exactly like the first, but smaller in size. Their eyes were bright and sharp, unlike human eyes …[They were] very fond of raw meat and raw milk …Gradually, as they got stronger, they began going on all fours, and afterwards began to run on all fours …Just like squirrels. Children learn human language in the same way they learn other kinds of human behavior
—by taking part in a cultural community. They learn a certain human language as well as certain kinds of human behavior through their membership in a certain cultural community. 13. Form the passage we can learn that , A. human beings can only develop human abilities if they are raised by their biological parents B. Amala and Kamala were raised in a forest by ghosts C. human beings will not grow up human unless they are raised by human beings in human culture D. culture refers only to the high art and classical music of a particular society 14. Who were the ―ghosts‖ of the Midnapore forest seen by the local villagers ？ A. They were two children, Amala and Kamala, who ran on fours B. They were two squirrels, Amals and Kamala, who ran on fours C. They were two young wolves, Amala and Kamala, whose eyes were bright and sharp D. They were two children, Amals and Kamala, who were growing up in a children’s home 15. How would you understand the description of the director ―…they began going on all fours,…‖ in his diary？ A. They began to continue with all their four eyes B. They started walking with their four feet C. They began going with their four hands D. They started walking with both their hands and feet 16. Which of the following do you think is the best title of this passage？ A. Wolf—children B. Culture and Human Behavior C. Culture and Language Learning D. A Director’s Diary E Vegetable gardening is the relaxing art and science of turning a love for growing plants into a worthwhile activity. Vegetable gardeners agree that many home—grown vegetables picked at their best are better than those vegetables bought from markets. From spring through late fall, a well—planned and well—kept garden can provide a supply of fresh vegetables, thus increasing the nutrition（营养） or the family diet .Freezers make it possible to keep some of the vegetables to be enjoyed at a later date. Other vegetables can be stored for a few months in a cool area. Having vegetables in the backyard makes home gardening attractive for many people. Besides vegetable gardening provides exercise and fun for families. Although the money spent for a garden may be little, one cannot escape the fact that gardening requires hard work and time. Many of the gardening tasks must be performed at times that are most inconvenient .Not doing jobs that should be done on a regular bases may result in failure and a negative （消极的）feeling toward gardening. One should not plant a garden that is too large for him to care for .A small ,well—kept garden is more enjoyable and profitable （有益的）than a large one ,Vegetables do well in full sunlight and need at least five or six hours of sun during the middle of the day .Too much shading results in poor plants and few vegetables. If possible, the garden should be near the house so the gardener, can work it at irregular moments. Usually the home owner has little choice in the soil type he can choose. Fortunately, many vegetables can be grown on poor soils if the soils are properly prepared.
17. Home —grown vegetables . A. can remain standing for a long time and need not be picked immediately B. have to be eaten as soon as they are picked C. sell well in the market because of their good quality D. picked at the right moment are more nutritious than those bought from the market. 18. Vegetable gardening is attractive for many people because . A. it requires little money B. it is enjoyable and profitable C. they can work in the vegetable garden at irregular moments D. it provides vegetables for the family all the year round 19. The author suggests that an ideal vegetable garden . A. should be sunny B. should be within walking distance C. should be larger —sized D. should consist of full soil 20. From the passage we can conclude that ,. A. vegetables take little care while growing B. vegetables can be grown in almost any kind of soil C. vegetable gardening is a necessary part of life for people D. vegetable gardening is a good pastime for old people 六、短文改错(共 10 分，每小题 1 分) I have enjoyed reading too much since I studied 1. in a primary school. More of my spare time is spent 2. reading instead watching TV. As a middle school 3. student, I very busy with my lessons. So I have little 4. time, during the weekday, to reading the books I am 5. interested in them, On Sunday, however, I sit at 6. my desk reading for hours. Sometimes I lose myself 7. so deep in the books that I forgot to take my meals. 8. Reading bring me a lot of knowledge, strength, as well 9. pleasant. What wonderful books! 10. 七、书面表达(共 15 分) 根据下面内容，写一则书面通知，词数为 100 左右。 1. 事宜：关于计算机的用途以及如何使用网络进行学习的讲座。 2. 讲座人：南京大学计算机系高教授。 3. 时间：9 月 14 日，星期六，下午 2 点。 4. 地点：图书馆大教室。 5. 参加对象：电脑爱好者。 6. 要求：参加者准备一些自己在 学习过程中遇到的问题。 7. 组织者：学校学生会。 8. 通知日期：9 月 12 日。 注意：不要写成条例式的通知。 _______________________________________________________________________________ _______________________________________________________________________________ _______________________________________________________________________________ _______________________________________________________________________________
_______________________________________________________________________________ _______________________________________________________________________________ _______________________________________________________________________________ _______________________________________________________________________________ _________________________________________________________________
Unit 1 单元综合测试 (B)
一、听力（共两节，满分 30 分）
第一节（共 5 小题；每小题 1.5 分，满分 7.5 分） 听下面 5 段对话。每段对话后有一个小题，从题中所给的 A、B、C 三个选项中选出最 佳选项，并标在试卷的相应位置。听完每段对话后，你都有 10 秒钟的时间来回答有关小题 和阅读下一小题。每段对话仅读一遍。 1. How long will the man stay at home? A. A day. B．A week. C．Three days. 2. What happened to the man? A. He lost his keys. B. He called the woman . C. He quarreled with the manager. 3. Where does the conversation take place？ A. In a hotel . B．At an airport. C．In the street. 4. What will Jack do？ A. Visit Bill. B．Play tennis. C．Go swimming. 5. Why does the man live in the countryside? A. It’s near the school. B．His house is too old. C．It’s quiet. 第二节（共 15 小题；每小题 1.5 分，满分 22.5 分） 听下面 5 段对话或独白。每段对话或独白后有几小题，从题中所给的 A、B、C 三个选 项中选出最佳选项，并标在试卷的相应位置。听每段对话或独白前，你将有时间阅读各个小 题，每小题 5 秒钟；听完后，各小题将给出 5 秒钟的作答时间。每段对话或独白读两遍。 听第 6 段材料，回答第 6 至 8 题。 6. Who are the speakers? A. Students. B. Teachers. C. Clerks. 7. What are they mainly talking about? A. Noise in the office. B. A new meeting room. C. The story of a workmate. 8. What does Stan suggest they do? A. Talk to Jack openly. B. Move to another office. C. Ask for a meeting room. 听第 7 段材料，回答第 9 至 11 题。 9. What does the woman intend to do? A. Introduce the Workers Club. B. Invite the man to do sports.
C. Invite the man to see a film. 10. What can we learn about the club? A. People can skate there. B. It’s open until 12:00 at night. C. Three buses pass the club. 11. Where does the man work？ A. At the Workers Club. B. At a high school. C. At a computer center. 听第 8 段材料，回答第 12 至 14 题。 12. What’s the relationship between the two speakers? A. Schoolmates. B. Workmates. C. Strangers. 13. Why is Jeanie here earlier? A. To meet her friend. B. To have a class. C. To go over her homework. 14. What’s Jack’s attitude toward the test? A. He is calm. B. He worries about it. C. He has to get an A. 听第 9 段材料，回答第 15 至 17 题。 15. What do you think Robert is? A. A dancer. B. A singer. C. A student. 16. Where will the group perform ？ A. At concert halls. B. At restaurants. C. At some parties. 17. Why is Robert not sure of joining the group? A. He doesn’t think he is good enough. B. He doesn’t have time to practice. C. He isn’t interested in joining it. 听第 10 段材料，回答第 18 至 20 题。 18. What will the weather be like in England today? A. Quite dry. B. Wet and windy. C. Fine but cool. 19. How will the weather be in the east of Europe tomorrow? A. Fine. B. Windy. C. Rainy. 20. How many days does the forecast mention？ A. One. B. Two. C. Three. 二、单项选择（共 15 题，每小题 1 分，满分 15 分） 21. -I am sorry I broke your mirror. -Oh, really? . A. It’s OK with me B. It doesn’t matter. C. Don’t be worry D. I don’t care 22. The food she has prepared for the party is not enough , for there are people than she expected . A. much B. many C. very D. quite
23. everybody knows about it, I don’t want to talk any more. A. For B. Even C. Since D. However 24. Great changes in my hometown in the past few years. A. took place B. were take place C. have taken place D. have been taken place 25. I have coffee than tea. A. like more B. prefer C. would rather D. had better 26. Yesterday I met a foreigner with a boy in the park who could speak very good Chinese. A. he B. which C. where D. who 27. Can you find us some chairs ? A. to sit B. to sit on C. for sitting D. to be sat on 28. The women is older than she . A. looks B. looks at C. is looked D. is looked at 29. When I handed the report to John , he said that George was the person . A. to send B. for sending it C. to send it to D. for sending it to 30. You smoke here in the gas station; you start a terrible fire. A. shouldn’t, must B. mustn’t; might C. many; not D. can’t; should 31. Three years later my husband got another mew job in another city, so we move again. A. have to B. had to C. will have to D. must 32. There many people who have known about it. A. seems to be B. seems to have C. seem to be D. seem to have 33. –Why don’t we take a little break? -Didn’t we just have . A. it B. that C. one D. this 34. Mr Li plays ping-pong very well. His son just plays , if not better. A. as good as B. as well as C. as good D. as well 35. His idea sounds , doesn’t it ? A. very well B. not badly C. all right D. greatly 三、完形填空(共 20 题，每小题 1.5 分，满分 30 分) Ebron James isn’t the first high school basketball player to go straight into the NBA, but he’s probably the ____36____. He has the body, skills and the basketball brain of an All-Star (全明星 球员). This talent was on ___37____ as he scored 41 points to take Cleveland Cavaliers (克里夫兰 骑士队) to a 107—104 win over the New Jersey Nets (新泽西网队) on March 28. Aged of 19 years and 87 days, James became the ___38____ player to score 40 or more in the NBA. ―It was by far James’ best ____39___,‖ said Cleveland coach Paul Silas. Known to his friends ___40____ ―the king‖, this was the day James earned his crown(王冠). But he was ___41____ from being a king during a childhood spent in the back streets of Akron, Ohio. ___42____ many other African-American basketball players, James’ early years were a ____43___ . His mother Gloria was just 16 when she gave birth to him; he knows nothing about his father. Mother and son battled for everything from food to a place to live. ___44____ help from his grandmother and neighbours, James would __45_____ have died when he was young. This spirit of survival has served him well on court, forcing him to take any ___46____ he
finds. ―I ___47____ losing, I don't like losing,‖ said James of his 41-point display. ―I ___48____ the opportunity for us to win and I was ___49____ to capture it.‖ At 2.03 metres, he is no Yao Ming but this didn’t ___50____ him being first choice in 2003 NBA draft. This was __51_____ to his strength and skill, much of which he learned from high school American football. Although he has a ___52____ brain, James has never had to concentrate on ____53___ . Some people think this is a mistake and say he should have gone to college to ___54____ his mind. But James is one of the lucky few who has found fame and fortune ___55____ a diploma (文凭). On the court, he is king. 36. A. tallest B. strongest C. worst D. best 37. A. sale B. exhibition C. show D. duty 38. A. oldest B. strongest C. tallest D. youngest 39. A. performance B. lesson C. action D. appearance 40. A. for B. as C. by D. with 41. A. well B. far C. deep D. late 42. A. As B. Like C. Likely D. Alike 43. A. fight B. struggle C. battle D. war 44. A. Except for B. Except C. Besides D. Without 45. A. certainly B. impossible C. hardly D. probably 56. A. goal B. game C. match D. chance 47. A. hate B. refuse C. object D. reject 48. A. grasped B. seized C. caught D. held 49. A. afraid B. unlucky C. able D. certain 50. A. keep B. forbid C. protect D. stop 51. A. according B. referring C. thanks D. sticking 52. A. fast B. quick C. high D. top 53. A. studying B. resting C. sleeping D. eating 54. A. advance B. march C. increase D. develop 55. A. apart from B. but C. except D. without 四、阅读理解（共 20 题，每小题 2 分，满分 40 分）
Erik Weihenmayer wants to climb Mount Everest. He loves to climb, and there is no place greater for climbers than the Himalayan peak of 29,035 feet, he world’s highest mountain. Weihenmayer is blind. He has been blind since age 13, when an eye disease robbed him of his sight. His new book, Touch the Top of the World, A blind Man’s Journey to Climb Farther than the EyeCan See, describes his blindness and climbing. He is the first blind man to attempt Everest. The team reached base camp at 17,800 feet last Wednesday and begins its climb Saturday. If all goes well, Weihenmayer will reach the top on or about May 15. “I’m not just some token blind guy,”Weihrnmayer, aged 32,said hours before he left Los Angeles on Friday for Katmandu, Nepal.“I put my life in my fellow climbers’ hands, and they put their lives in my hands. It’s an honor to reach that state.” “I want to experience the sense of adventure. Blindness has nothing to do with that But a message of the climb is that a blind person can join a team and climb the highest mountain in the world.”
Weihenmayer has climbed the highest peaks on four continents North America’s Mount McKinley, South America’s Aconcagua, Africa’s Kilimanjaro and Antarctica’s Vinson Massif. He is an expert rock and ice climber, having scaled EL Capitan in Yosemite National Park. When he was 16,he attended a school that taught blind people to be independent. One day, a group went rock climbing. I really liked it,” Weihenmayer said. You can problem-solve. It is pretty sense in “ “ your inner mind. People didn’t think blind people could go out and become expert rock climbers.” 56. Which of the following sentences is NOT true? A. Weihenmayer has been blind for almost 19 years. B. Weihenmayer is the first man to climb Everest. C. Mountain climbers think it great to conquer the Himalayan peak. D. Weihenmayer might have begun his dream when he was in his teens. 57. The distance between the top of Mount Everest and the team camp was probably A. 29,035 feet C. 17,800 feet 58. Weihenmayer . B. 11,235 feet D. not told in the passage .
A. likes the sense of being dependent on other people now that he is blind B. will have climbed the highest mountains on four continents after climbing Mount Everest C. loves climbing because he wants to enjoy the sense of adventure of problem-solving D. and his teammates will reach the top of Mount Everest exactly on May 15
Join the Friends of the Haggerty Museum of Art and support one of the most dynamic visual art resources in Milwaukee. Museum members receive invitations to special events, lectures and art trips. They will get discounts for any shopping in the Museum Shop. The Haggerty is the only art museum in Milwaukee open every day of the year except major holidays. Admission to the Museum is always free to the public. Museum Hours: Mon.—Sat. 10:00 a.m —4:30 p.m. Thurs.10:00a.m.—8:00p.m. Sun.11:00 a.m.—5:00 p.m. The Haggerty Museum of Art is located downtown Milwaukee between Wisconsin Avenue and W. Clybourn Street, off N.13th Street. On the Marquette campus（校园）.Travel on bus routes # 10，12.20,23.30,or 31 and stop at 12th Street and Wisconsin Avenue. Free parking is available behind the museum. Enter Lot J on the llth Street, one block south of Wisconsin Avenue. 59. The parking Lot J is . A. to the east of Marquette University. B. at the crossing of ll th street and Wisconsin Avenue C. at the crossing of 12th street and Wells D. to the west of the Haggerty Museum 60. The Haggerty has the longest open hours on A. Monday B. Tuesday . C. Thursday D. Saturday
61. What can NOT be inferred from the advertisement?
A. It is convenient to go to the Haggerty Museum by bus. B. Museum members receive special treatment. C. Visitors can visit the Haggerty Museum at any time of the day. D. The Haggerty Museum is most probably not open on Christmas Day.
Dr Wiseman started ―the laugh lab‖ project in September 2001.It is the largest study of humor. Participants(参加者)are invited to log on to the laugh lab website, give a few personal details, tell their favorite jokes and judge the jokes told by other people. The project will last for a year, and the organizers hope to finally discover the world’s funniest joke. But there is also a serious purpose. The researchers want to know what people from different nations and cultures find funny. And they want to find out the differences between the male and female sense of humor. The idea is that if we want to understand each other, we have to find out what makes us laugh. This is a subject that has long interested psychologists（心理学家）and philosophers（哲学 家）.Most of the time, people are not completely honest. We do things that society expects of us and say things that help us get what we want. But laughing cannot be controlled. When we laugh, we tell the truth about ourselves. By December 2001 over 10,000 jokes had been submitted. This gave the scientists enough evidence 证据） make early conclusions. It seems that men and women do have different senses （ to of humor, for instance. ―Our findings show the major differences in the ways in which males and females use humor,‖ said Dr. Wiseman. ―Males use humor to appear superior（优越）to others, while women are more skilled in languages and prefer word play.‖ Researchers also found that there really is such a thing as a national sense of humor. The British enjoy what is usually called ―toilet humor‖. But the French like their jokes short and sharp: ―You’re a high priced lawyer. Will you answer two questions for $500?‖ ―Yes. What’s the second question?‖ The Germans are famous for not having a sense of humor. But the survey found that German participants were more likely to find submitted jokes funny than any other nationality. Perhaps that proves the point. Is this joke funny? I don’t know, but let’s say yes, just to be safe. Dr Wiseman and his workmates also submitted jokes created by computer. But none of those who took part in the survey found any of them amusing. Perhaps this is relief. Computers already seem like they can do everything. At least they should leave the funny stuff to us. 62. Scientist started ―the laugh lad ‖ project . A. to find the funniest joke in European countries B. to know what funny people are from different nations and cultures C. to find out the differences between the male and female sense of humor. D. to get more personal details about participants 63. We can infer from the passage that . A. most of the people all over the world are completely honest B. psychologists and philosophers take interest in the “laugh lab”project
C. ordinary people are not interested in ―the laugh lab”project at all D. people tell the truth about themselves only when they laugh 64. What is the main idea of the 4th and 5th paragraph? A. Man and woman have different senses of humor. B. Male and female have similar senses of humor. C. About 10,000 jokes have been submitted from September 2001 to December 2001. D. Scientists have collected enough evidence to make conclusions. 65. The writer gave the examples of the British, the French and the Germans A. to show that the French people have a better sense of humor B. to prove the British people have a sense of “toilet humor” C. to show people from different nations have different senses of humor D. to prove that the Germans have no sense of humor 66. Which statement is true according to the passage? A. The jokes by computer are less funny than those by humans. B. The Germans cannot find the submitted jokes amusing. C. Males are better at word play compared with women. D. Females like to use humor to show that they are superiors. .
Rome—Doctors and medical groups around the world last weekend reacted with strong opposition to the news that an Italian specialist is on the brink of cloning (克隆) the first human baby. Dr. Severino Antinori, who is the head of a hospital in Rome, has been referred to in an Arab newspaper as claiming that one of his patients is eight weeks pregnant（怀孕）with a cloned baby. Antinori refused to comment on the reports, but in March 2001 he said he hoped to produce a cloned embryo（卵）for implantation within two years. So far seven different kinds of mammals have already successfully cloned, including sheep, cats and most recently rabbits. Doctors showed their doubt and were strongly opposed although they admit that human cloning would finally come true unless there was a world wide ban on the practice. Professor Rudolf Jaenisch of the Whitehead Institute for Biomedical Research at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology： find it astonishing that people do this where the result “I can be foretold that it will not be a normal baby. It is using humans as guinea pigs. It makes people feel sick.” But Ronald Green, director of the Ethics Institute at Darmouth College in the US, said it is unlikely that an eight-week-old pregnancy would lead to a birth. So far all cloned animals have suffered from some different serious disorders, many of them dying soon after their births. Doctors are opposed to human cloning because they are worried about the welfare of the cloned child if there is one. “There are no benefits of cloned human beings, just harm,”said Dr .Michael Wilks of the UK. 67. What do the underlined words“on the brink of”in the first paragraph mean most probably?
A. on the side of C. in search of A. They are against it. C. They welcome it. A. order that forbids cloning C. anger at cloning
B. on the point of D. in favour of B. They support it. D. They pay no attention to it. B. suggestion to carrying on cloning D. cheer for cloning
68. What is the doctors’ general attitude to cloning of humans according to the passage?
69. What does the underlined word“ban”in the third paragraph mean most probably?
70. Which of the following statements is true according to the passage? A. Dcotor Severino Antinori is strongly opposed to cloning human beings. B. Up to now, seven kinds of animals have been cloned, including sheep, cats humans and rabbits. C. Professor Rudolf Jaenisch is carrying on an experiment on cloning an eight-week-old embryo. D. Ronald Green doubts about the future successful birth of the so-called cloned embryo. 71. Which is the best title for the passage? A. The Success of Cloning Humans C. Failure of Cloning Humans B. The Anger at Cloning Humans D. First Cloned Human?
While it is impossible to live completely free of stress, it is possible to prevent stress as well as reduce its effect when it can’t be avoided. The US Department of Health and Human Services offers the following suggestions for ways to deal with stress.
Try physical activity
When you are nervous, angry or upset, try releasing the pressure through exercise or physical activity. Running, walking, playing tennis, or working in your garden are just some of the activities you might try. Physical exercise will relieve your anxiety and worry and help you to relax. Your body and your mind will work together to ease the stress in your life.
Share your stress
It helps to talk to someone about your anxieties and worries .Perhaps a friend, family member, teacher or even your leader can help you a better view of what’s troubling you. If you feel your problem is serious, you might seek professional help from a psychologist or a doctor. Knowing when to ask for help is an important step in avoiding serious problems later.
Take care of yourself
You should make every effort to eat well and get enough rest. If you easily get angry and cannot sleep well enough, or if you’re not eating properly, it will be more likely that you will fall into stressful situations. If stress repeatedly keeps you from sleeping, you should consult a doctor.
Make time for yourself
Schedule time for both work and entertainment. Don’t forget, play can be just as important to you over-all well-being as work. You need a break from your daily routine to just relax and
have fun. Go window-shopping or work on a hobby Allow yourself at least a half hour each day to do something you enjoy.
Make a list of the things you need to do
Stress can result from disorganization and a feeling that “there’s so much to do, and not enough time”.Trying to take care of everything at once can be too much for you and as a result, you may not achieve anything. Instead, make a list of everything you have to do, then do one thing at a time, checking off each task as it is completed. Set out to do the most important tasks first.
Go ahead and cry
A good cry can be a healthy way to bring relief to your anxiety. It might even help you avoid a headache or other physical effect of anxiety and stress. 72. What is most probably the writer’s purpose in writing the article? A. To release his or her wrong pressure. B. To help solve the universal problem of stress. C. To reduce his or her anxiety. D. To have more people cry out. 73. Physical activity can help people release stress in that A. only your body movement can help you relax B. your mind can work better to free you of anxiety C. your body and mind can cooperate in releasing stress D. physics can always play an important part in reducing nervousness 74. What is similarity between“Share your stress”and“Go ahead and cry”? A. They both help you let out your feelings. B. They both need physical movement. C. They both require mental relaxation. D. They can help you live an orderly life. 75. The sentence ―Trying to take care of everything at once can be too much for you and as a result, you may not achieve anything.‖ is close to the meaning of ― A. Strike the iron while it is hot. B. More hurry, less speed. ‖. .
C. Practice makes perfect. D. Quietness wins time. 五、单句改错（共 10 题，每小题 1 分，满分 10 分） 76. The Antartica is difficult to arrive . 77. How did you got to home last night. 78. Is the subway available for you in your city. 79. It’s raining so hard that we have to stay indoor. 80. They have no accesses to education. 81. It is sure that help will come soon. 82. I was served to hot tea. 83. We don’t know any of the twin brothers. 84. The skating ground is open all the year round for students who likes skating. 85. 10 Go straight on and then turn left.
六、书面表达（共 25 分） 假如你是李华，你的英国朋友 Tom 听说你校学生正在开展研究性学习，来信询问有关 情况。请你根据下面提供的信息，写一封回信。谈一谈开展研究性学习前后你学习情况的变 化。 过去 课堂 课后 你的感想 现在
教师讲解知识点，学生听讲、 教师提出问题，学生相互讨论或学生自己 做笔记 提出问题，自己讨论解决 完成大量作业 丰富多彩的课外活动，如读自己感兴趣的 书籍，去图书馆或上网查资料 ?
注意：1. 书信格式 2. 词数 120 左右 参考词汇：研究性学习 exploring study 上网 surf the Internet _______________________________________________________________________________ _______________________________________________________________________________ _______________________________________________________________________________ _______________________________________________________________________________ _______________________________________________________________________________ _______________________________________________________________________________ _______________________________________________________________________________ _______________________________________________________________________________ _______________________________________________________________________________ _______________________________________________________________________________ ________________________________________________________________
Unit 1 参考答案与提示
Period 1 答案与提示
一、根据首字母填空 1. 填 allowed。 be allowed to do sth.意为“被允许做” 2. 填 dissatisfied。Dissatisfied 意为“不满意” ，根据上下文可知，如果家长不满意本地区 的学校，可以自己开办学校，在此表示解释原因。 3. 填 follow。因为不满意所在学校，允许开办自己的学校，那么虽然要“遵循，服从”国 家课程，但自己可以决定开设新的课程。 4. 填 deciding。 同上，介词后面跟动名词。 5. 填 least。 at least 为固定词组，意为“至少” 。 6. 填 similar。 be similar to 意为“与……相似，类似” 。 7. 填 other。 这些开办学校的人都来自于 Holland, Germany, England 和 Ireland 其他地区的 人。 8. 填 grow。 从后面的 food 可知，此处要填 grow，意为“种植庄稼” 。 9. 填 manage。 manage to do 意为“设法做成某事” 。 10. 填 aged。 过去分词做后置定语，表示“年龄段” 。 二、背景导读
1. 答 No。文章第一段提到 The National Curriculum does not apply in Scotland , where each school decides what subject it will teach. 2. 答 A-level examinations。 文章第二段提到 It is necessary to have A-levels in order to go to a university or polytechnic (综合技术大学). 3. 答 Courses in Scotland universities usually last four years rather than three and students study a large number of subjects。文章最后一段最后一句 Courses usually last four years rather that three and students study a larger number of subjects as part of their degree. 4. 选 D。文章最后一段最后一句 For this reason ,many students hit the books for months to prepare for the S-A-T。 5. 选 C。 文章从第二段开始讲为了上高中 most serious students only really begin hitting the books for long hours when they reach high school.上大学要 For this reason ,many students hit the books for months to prepare for the S-A-T. 6. 选 B。 文章第一段提到 Public education is free and most children go to schools near their homes 7. 选 C。文章第三段 High school students who hope to continue their education at a collage or university must take a special national test called the S-A-T 及最后 一段 For this reason ,many students hit the books for months to prepare for the S-A-T. 8. 选 B。文章第一段提到 Schools in these early years is fun . The children learn to read and write . But they also play games and go on trips . There is no reason at such an early age for him to hit the books 所以不需要努力不是因为免费 9. 选 B。文章第一段提到 watched a special performance by some disabled people . 10. 选 B。文章第二段 First was a dance 第三段 The singer came next 及第六段 Another young man’s arms 11. 选 C。 选项 A B 明显与文章内容不符，而 D 选项没表达出真正的含义 12. 选 C。 文章第一段 Students all over the world have to work for their education. A college education in the United States is expensive 文章第二段 Students from other countries have money problems to solve, too . 13. 选 D。 文章第一段 However , classrooms are still crowded with students. 14. 选 D。文章第二段 Students from other countries have money problems to solve, too . 15. 选 A。文章第二段 they work hard to get scholarships or special loans(贷款) 及 However , it is usually possible for students from abroad to work on university campuses to pay for some of this costs of their education.
Period 2 答案与提示
一、单词词义配对 1. c 2. d 3. I 6. j 7. b 8. e 二、英汉词组互译 1 achieve high grades 3.drop some subjects 5. get a general idea about/of sth 7. at assembly 9. at the school entrance (to) 11. be available for different experiments 4. a 9. h 5. g 10. f
2. e-mail sb. Back home for free 4. introduce oneself to sb 6. match sth. with sth. else 8. according to 10.be late for my appointment with sb 12. donate sth. to sb.
13. refer to 14. leave out 15. graduate from 16. develop an interest in doing stn. 17. in the case 18. upon finishing his studies 19. compare….with…. 20. inform sb. of sth. 三、句型转换 1. next to, whose 2. Each, teaches only 3. took me, to read 4. During, e-mail, free 5. give up 四、阅读理解 1. 选 B。 文章第二段 Froebel felt that young children could learn many things by playing. 2. 选 B。 文章最后一段 Some states are even making plans to provide free public kindergartens for all three-and-four-year-olds.。 3. 选 B。 文章第一段 the first kindergarten was started in Germany in 1837。 4. 选 C。 文章第三段 Very young children can work hard at learning and they should also have more chances than they can at home. In fact, children as young as three can learn school subjects.。 5. 选 B。 文章最后一段 Only half of the nation’s five-year-olds are gong to kindergarten. Before long, all children this age will be in school. 。 五、单句改错 1. ten-years-old 改 ten-year-old。ten-year-old 在句中作定语，year 不要加 s。 2. loving-peace 改 peace-loving。 3. hand-making 改 hand-made。手工做的要用 hand-made。 4. 去掉 a。at ease 意为“不拘束” “自在地” 。 5. or 改 from。doesn’t know right from left 意为“不知道左与右” 。 6. life 改 lives。主语为复数，life 也要变为复数。 7. Every 改 Each。Every 在句中只作定语，不能用作代词当主语。 8. does 改 is。like 用作介词，所以谓语要用 is。 9. low-risen 改 low-rise。 10. talked 改 talking。listen to sb 后要接 doing sth. 结构。
Period 3 参考答案与提示
一、单词拼写 1. experience 2. attend 3. desserts 4. literature 5. respected 6. subjects 7.missing 8. Woodwork 9. assembly 10. grades 二、单项选择 1. 选 A。 at assembly 为固定词组不使用冠词，equipment 为不可数名词。 2. 选 B。 宾语从句后应用陈述句语序。 3. 选 A。 at ease with sb 意为“与某人相处很融洽、自在” 。 4. 选 B。 spend time (in) doing sth.结构。 5. 选 D。 join sb in sth 结构。 6. 选 B。 不定式作定语，用主动表被动。 7. 选 A。in bold 意为“用粗体写” 。 8. 选 B。match with 相配，三者相比需用最高级。 9. 选 D。first of all 为固定词组，意为“首先” 。after all 意为“毕竟” 。 10. 选 C。 think of 想起，想到，结合过去时态。
11. 选 B。as well as 连接主语时，谓语动词根据前面的主语决定单复数形式。 12. 选 B。not a bit 意为“一点不”=not at all，根据 I have already known，故“一点不 吃惊” 。 13. 选 A。fun 作不可数名词，不能与冠词连用。 14. 选 B。that 可用来指代不可数特指 the news 。 15. 选 D。miss doing 错过做某事，需被动。 16. 选 A。some time 一段时间 sometime 某时 sometimes 有时 some times 几次。 17. 选 B。 sound 后接形容词作表语，音乐是令人放松的。 18. 选 B。wish 后接虚拟语气。 19. 选 B。sth needs 后跟 doing 或 to be done。 20. 选 A。like 作介词，在西藏象在英国一样，天气多变。 三、完形填空 1. 选 D。与 learning 并列应选 ing 形式，而 recognizing 意思上与本句不符。 2. 选 B。consider…as…固定短语，意为“把……看作为……” 。 3. 选 C。由文意，父母亲应教育孩子明白教育的价值，同时根据后文的 importance 可推 断出此处应用 value。 4. 选 B。从句子的语法可排除 C 和 D 项，再根据意思可知“一直努力的重要”故选 B。 5. 选 C。此处 that 的做宾语从句中的主语，指上文提到的内容 。 6. 选 D。be compared to 意为“被比作为……”. 7. 选 A。根据上文此处应是“开始成长”的意思。虽然 B、C 和 D 项语法上正确，但意 思上不是最佳。 8. 选 C。非限制性定语从句中一般不用 that，which 指先行词 education。 9. 选 A。本题属意思选择，根据下文作者是在赞扬他的学校，故选 A。 10. 选 D。 “为……做准备”应用 prepare for 表达，此处 D 项作目的状语。 11. 选 B。in class 意为“在课堂上” 。 12. 选 C。day by day 意为“一天天地” ，表示一个逐渐的过程。 13. 选 D。肯定句的并列用 and. 14. 选 A。encourage sb.后接 to do sth.作宾补。 15. 选 D。favourite 意为“最喜欢” ，该词无比较级和最高级形式。 16. 选 C。have respect for sb.意为“对某人尊敬” ，名词 respect 后接介词 for。 17. 选 A。根据本句意思可知“好的教育是一个人所能得到的最重要的东西” 。 18. 选 B。come first 意为“放在第一位，头等大事” 。 19. 选 A。learn from 意为“从……中学习” 。 20. 选 C。根据句中的介词 in 排除 A 和 B 项，D 项语法正确但意思与句子不符。 四、完成下列句子翻译 1. not as difficult as the one I used to meet with 2. the best way to learn English well is to read more 3. a real challenge for me 4. sounded like a plane flying 5. Have four extra classes on Saturday mornings 6. The more you like English, the more you learn it. 7. He had his leg broken when he rode his bike. 8. We should have students take part in this activity as many as possible. 9. She was Miss Lingzhilin whom I often talk about with you.
10. what he wrote was more a poem than a letter.
Period 4 参考答案与提示
一、根据句意及首字母完成单词拼写 1. Internet 2. equipment 3. entrance 4. lecture 5. mat 6. skips 7. dump 8. experiment 9. arts 10. available 二、单项选择 1. 选 A。art 此处作不可数名词，用第一次提及不与冠词连用，part 作可数名词用，第 一次提到通常用不定冠词。 2. 选 A。which 指警察到达这件事。 3. 选 D。There is no need to do sth.意为“没有做某事的必要” 。 4. 选 A。come across 意为“碰到” 。 5. 选 A。介词 about 后应用动词的 ing 形式。 6. 选 A。it 作形式主语，when 引导的从句做真正的主语。 7. 选 C。before 意为“还没来得及” 。 8. 选 C。never……until 意为“直到……才” 9. 选 B。weather 作不可数名词不能与不定冠词连用。so 后应出现 many, much, few 和 little（少）才能与名词连用，否则 so 后一般只能用形容词和副词。 10. 选 B。该题首先要把握问句中的。决定 A，C 和 D 都不正确，B 项意为“现在不是， 但我过去曾经是” 。 三、用所给词的正确形式填空 1. 填 entrance。从前面的定冠词要以判断出此处要填名词。 2. 填 appoint。根据句意，此处少了谓语，又根据前面的 must 可知，此处要用动词原形。 3. 填 medicine。medical 这形容词，study 为动词，要用名词作宾语。 4. 填 gymnast。根据句意，此处填名词，gymnast 意为“体育家” “体操家” 。 5. 填 experienced。Experienced 用作形容词，意为“有经验的” ，在句中作定语。 6. 填 visitors, visited。第一空前有数字修饰，后要接名词，第二空作动词。 7. 填 equipment。equip 为动词，根据句意，此处要用名词。 8. 填 description。根据前面的不定冠词可以推断出此处要填名词。 9. 填 official。根据句意，此处作定语，要用形容词，official 意为“官方的” 。 10. 填 swimming。swimming suit 意为“游泳衣” 。 四、短文填空 （1）they (2) until (3) from (4) for (5) because (6) school (7) pay (8) universities (9) studying (10) money
Period 5 参考答案与提示
一、用适当的关系词填空 1. 填 that/which。 Factory 虽为地点， 但在定语从句中作 visit 的宾语， 所以要 that 或 which， 也可以省略关系代词。 2. 填 who。先行词为人，在定语从句中作主语，要用 who。 3. 填 that/which。先行词 reason 在定语从句中作动词 give 的宾语，所以要用关系代词 that 或 which。 4. 填 whose。先行词在定语从句中作定语，所以用关系代词 whose。 5. 填 whose。同上。
6. 填 whom/who/that。 先行词为人， 在定语从句中作宾语， 所以此三个关系代词均可使用。 7. 填 that/which。先行词为物，在定语从句中作宾语，用关系代词 that 或 which。 8. 填 that/which。同上。 9. 填 whom/who/that。先行词 the man 作 talk to 的宾语，所以此三个关系代词均可使用。 10. 填 that/which。先行词为物，在定语从句中作宾语，用关系代词 that 或 which。 二、单项选择 1. 选 A。当先行词前有 only 修饰时，定语从句中的谓语形式要与 only 修饰的那个名词 在数上保持一致。 2. 选 B。当先行词是 one of +名词复数时，定语从句中的谓语形式与 of 后的名词在数上 保持一致。 3. 选 D。what 在此作 used to be 的表语。 4. 选 B。the one 在句中作 used to be 的表语，that 引导一个定语从句。 5. 选 A。根据句意，后一空应该是房子的窗户，是作定语，所以要用 whose 引导定语从 句。 6. 选 C。介词后要用 which 而不能用 that 引导定语从句。 7. 选 B。 先行词 days 在定语从句中作 spend 的宾语， 所以不能用 when 来引导定语从句。 8. 选 A。根据句意，先行词 days 在定语从句中作状语，所以要用 when 来引导定语从 句。 9. 选 D。that exhibition 在句中作主语，the one 作表语，they visited…作定语。 10. 选 B。本句中的先行词为 the exhibition，并在定语从句中作 visit 的宾语，所以要用 that 关系代词，不能用 where。 11. 选 C。先行词 the girl 在定语从句中作 told 的宾语，所以用 whom 引导定语从句。 12. 选 B。根据句意，those 表示人，在句中作主语，所以要用关系代词 who 来引导定语 从句。 13. 选 A。当先行词为不定代词时，关系代词一般用 that，be against 意为“反对” 。 14. 选 B。当先行词有人和物时，关系代词要用 that。 15. 选 C。当先行词有序数词修饰时，一般关系代词 that 引导定语从句。 16. 选 A。当先行词有 all 修饰时，一般用 that 引导定语从句。 17. 选 D。根据句意，此处要用 whose，作定语。 18. 选 A。先行词在定语 从句中作宾语，不能用 where。 19. 选 C。the one 代替 the book，作 read 的宾语，此句中省略了关系代词 that。 20. 选 A。先行词为人，要用 who 或 whom 引导定语从句，但因在定语从句中作主语， 所以要用 who，句中的 I think 为插入语。 21. 选 A。同 2。 22. 选 B。同 1。 23. 选 A。 24. 选 C。先行词在定语中作主语，要用 who。 25. 选 B。当先行词被最高级修饰时，要用关系代词 that。 三、单句改错 1. is 改成 am。根据先行词 I，who 就是指 I，故定语从句中动词应用 am。 2. can 改成 that can。can 所在的定语从句中缺主语，又因为有 all 修饰先行词，故关系代 词用 that。 3. when 改成 that/which。days 作 spent 的宾语，所以要用 that/which。 4. where 改成 which/that。where 是副词不能作定语从句中的主语。
5. 去掉 it。定语从句中不能用代词来重复先行词所表达的名词。 6. which 改成 that。因先行词有人和物，故用 that 来表示。 7. house 改成 house that/which。定语从句中缺主语。 8. knows 改成 know。who 指 the students。 9. 去掉 what 或 all， 或将 what 改成 that, remember what…中 what 从句为宾语从句， remember all(that)…中 all 后是定语从句。 10. one 前加 the。the one 等于 the school 受定语从句修饰。 四、翻译下列句子 1. The film that I saw yesterday is very moving. 2. He lost the watch that/which his father gave him. 3. The man who talked with you just now is our principal. 4. Do you know the boy student whose hair is long. 5. The book which/that I picked up is the one that Xiao Wang lost. 6. The thing that we need badly is time. 7. The subject that/which I like best is English . 8. The man who is standing at the school gate is our teacher. 9. Do you know the girl whose ponytail is long. 10. I will never forget the lecture that the professor gave us last week. 五、完形填空 1. 选 B。briefly 意为“简洁地” ，与后面 carefully 相对应。 2. 选 C。 question 意为“询问” ，与前面 ―ask‖相同。 3. 选 A。 familiar 意为“熟悉的” ，因为是非常熟悉的课程，所以“I was confident（自 信的） 。 4. 选 B。 “pay off”有努力或付出等得到回报之意 5. 选 C。 “doing well”到“enjoying it”更进一步 6. 选 A。 后面说到“we feel sure that you are well suited”故对他的回答感到满意 7. 选 D。从上文可以看出，这是在求职，由于上文讲到非常满意他的应答，因此也就 说明能胜任这个职位。 8. 选 D。 后面说到 “your appointment （职位） would upset （打乱） good relations within the firm .”说明还存在问题 9. 选 B。 既然是在应聘，那么就必定会有雇佣。 10. 选 A。 “place”放置，放，和后面的“in”搭配。 11. 选 B。 和 a position of authority 搭配，意为“凌驾于” 。 12. 选 C。 feel sure 意为“确信，肯定” 。 13. 选 B。 would 与前面“could”相对应。 14. 选 C。 type 在此指其他职位。 15. 选 B。 “suitable”合适的，与“for”搭配。 16. 选 D。根据上文分析，虽然有岗位，但因怕因此而打乱本来公司里的关系，所以 还是不能提供这些职位。 17. 选 D。 这里指被拒绝后的心情。 18. 选 B。 虽然被拒绝，心情很难过，在这种情境下，但还是要设法离开办公室。 19. 选 A。 realizing 意为“意识到” 。 20. 选 A。 通过采用排除法就可以得出正确答案。
Period 6 参考答案与提示
一、词组翻译 1. in short form 2. save space 3. in several ways 4. take place 5. refer to 6. make a decision 7. the more……,the more…… 8. finish reading a book 9. inform sb . of sth. 10. a well-informed person 二、单项选择 1. 选 A。in 与 way 连用，意为“用……方法”或“在……方面” 。 2. 选 C。take one’s place 意为“代替某人” 。Take the place of 后一般接名词，不接人称 代词宾格。 3. 选 B。floor 前应用介词 on，意为“在哪一层楼” 。 4. 选 C。referred to 作 thief 的定语，thief 作(should) be brought 的主语。 5. 选 D。take place 与 be held 都意为“某活动举行” 。 6. 选 B。表示“请求”的句子中常用 some，一般不用 any。information 是不可数名词， C 和 D 项不正确，故选 B。 7. 选 B。finish 后接动词的 ing 形式作宾语。 8. 选 A。regret having done 意为“后悔已做……” 。 9. 选 D。有 in his office 范围，应用最高级，最高级前用定冠词 the。 10. 选 C。the+比较级??，the+比较级??意为“越??就越??” 。 三、阅读理解 1. 选 C。前两段主要讲述了中国玩具市场的巨大,以及目前中国市场上玩具质量不高。 因此,在中国开发玩具市场是可行的。 2. 选 D。第四、五段即本文答案出处 3. 选 D。整篇短文讲述的是 BabyCare 公司在中国北京开发教育类玩具市场的事。 4. 选 D。第一段即本文答案出处。 5. 选 B。划线处前面的句子已有提示,Joanna Green 的办公室在 Potrero 山顶上,言外之意 是他骑自行车上山很困难,也就说明他身体不强壮。 good shape”意为“身体状 “in 况良好” 。 四、单句改错 1. like 改成 as。as 此处意为“因为”引导原因状语从句。 2. can 改成 could。could 与 asked 呼应 3. 去掉 on。every morning 前不能再用 on。 4. 去掉 to。attend 意为“出席”时为及物动词。 5. aloud 改成 loud。loud 作副词“大声地” 。read aloud 意为“朗读”通常不与 out 连用。 6. very 改成 so。So…that 连用，意为“如此……以至于” 。 7. which 改成 that。先行词有最高级修饰定语从句用 that 不用 which 引导。 8. 去掉 was 或在 was 前加 that/which。 9. to 改成 of。approve 与 of 连用。
10. preparation 改成 preparations。make preparations 中应用复数形式。 五、书面表达 Notice Summer English Class In order to improve the students’ ability to listen to and speak English, a class for improving the student’s oral English will de held during the summer holidays. Time: July 15 to August 4, twice a week Place: Room 110, teaching building Topic: British Life and Culture Teacher: Miss Anna from the UK It’s a good chance to practice listening and speaking. Everyone is welcome to the class. Those who would like to attend it, please go to the teachers’ office and sign your name there fom now on. You’d better come before July 12, as we have to prepare some books for you. Thank you for your kind attention. English Department
Period 7 参考答案与提示
一、单项选择 1. 选 B。 experience 在句中作可数名词，意思为“经历” 。 2. 选 B。 like 后接动名词，表示经常习惯性的动作。 3. 选 B。 fun 为不可数名词，用 a little 修饰。 4. 选 D。 nor 位于句首进行倒装。 5. 选 A。 why 引导的宾语从句中包含了 that 引导的主语从句。 6. 选 A。 用 like 或 such as。 7. 选 D。 means 作方式，方法的意思是，其复数形式不变。 8. 选 B。 where 引导的定语从句修饰 the countryside。 9. 选 D。 序数词前用不定冠词时， 表示 “又一次， 再一次” 的意思。 第二空后的字母 ―n‖ 以元音开头，要有 an。 10. 选 B。 experienced 为形容词， 有经验的” cause 是指会产生结果的某种原因； “ ； reason 是为一种行为作解释或辨解的借口。 二、用所给短语的适当形式填空 1. were, happy with 2. sound like 3. good at 4. was passed to 5. at ease 6. to take good care of 7. all year round 8. to make sure 9. word by word 10. as well as 三、句子翻译 1. whose cover is red 2. (which/that) you visited last week 3. (who/whom/that) I am looking for 4. (which/that) I received yesterday 5. that followed 6. whose name is Peter/who is named Peter 7. This morning she got up earlier than usual.
8. Soon I got used to the American ways of doing things. 9. On average we receive 5 letters each day. 10. The students are preparing for the final examination. 四、短文填空 1. differences 2. answer 3. change 4. England 5. autumn 6. same 7. years 8. example 9. British 10. spelling 五、One possible version Several years ago, when a foreigner appeared in China, many people would gather around and stare at him or her as if they were watching a rare animal. However, it’s not uncommon to meet some foreigners even in middle schools now. There’s no doubt that schools will be better now. What’s more, it’s good for students to develop interest in English study as well as learn more about foreign cultures. Meanwhile, their oral English will be improved a lot. On the other hand, some foreigners, though well paid, find it difficult to get used to the way of life in a foreign country and they sometimes worry about their safety. The most important thing is that they are not quite familiar with the students. As a result, many students can’t benefit from them.
Period 8 参考答案与提示
一、词组翻译 1. a radio club 2. run a restaurant 3. start a bookstore 4. more than 5. prepare one’s lesson 6. at the end of the school year 7. approve the idea 8. listen to each other talking about poems 9. on the last Friday of every month 10. circle everyone around an old tree 11. discuss your daily school life 12. compare information 13. write a notice 14. design a poster 15. attend assembly 16. experience different ways of life 17. e-mail your family 18. introduce oneself 19. go straight on 20. live far away from home 二、单项选择 1. 选 C。 表转折，并用逗号分开 2. 选 B。 关系词充当定语 3. 选 A。 ―an Einstein‖ 象爱因斯坦那样的人 4. 选 D。 run a home 意思为“操持家务” 5. 选 A。 相当于 as soon as I saw 6. 选 D。 inform sb. that / inform sb. of sth 7. 选 B。 副词通常放在助动词之后；suggest 接从句用虚拟语气 8. 选 B。 against nature 违背自然 9. 选 C。主语是书，用被动语态 10. 选 A。 固定词组 play a joke on sb.或者 have a joke with sb 11. 选 C。 after all 意为“毕竟，到底，最终” 12. 选 D。improve 可用作及物动词或不及物动词。 13. 选 A。 make fun of sb/sth，意为“取笑某人/某事物” 。 14. 选 B。pick 是口头用语，指无需仔细考虑或鉴别就能做出的选择。 15. 选 C。think of 通常作“想起”或“想出”讲。 16. 选 B。in that case 意为“在那样的情况下；假如那样的话” 。
17. 选 B。instead of“代替，而不是” ，此处不能用 in place of 代替 in place of 只能后接 名词和代词。 18. 选 C。该句意思是：父亲昨晚宁愿呆在家里，而不愿意去看电影。本句为 prefer to do…rather than do…。rather than 提前。故选 C。 19. 选 D。根据句子结构应用被动语态， “pay attention to”为“注意，重视” 。 20. 选 B。先行词是不定代词时关系代词应用 that 。 三、动词填空 1. respected 2. earned 3. experienced 4. selected 5. regret 6. required 7. introduce 8. informed 9. preparing 10. was broadcast 四、完形填空 1. 选 D。下面的一句话已经暗示我没有担任领导工作，尽管有一些课外的活动，但生活还 是比较轻松的。 2. 选 B。situation 指的是“情况” ，而 condition 指的是（健康）状态。下面的内容就是说 明为什么说“情况发生了改变” 。 3. 选 C。指信、文件、通知等的“上面写着或者上面说”时，英语中要用 say 或 read，使 用 write 时，要用被动语态“on which was written…” 。 4. 选 A。根据语境的意思分析，此处用 stand for，表示 DC Rep 所“代表”的意思；而 ask for“要求得到”和 call for“需要”都和语境不吻合。 5. 选 B。按常理分析，住宿生不可能总是违反纪律，故可先排除 A、C 两项；而 seldom 放 在句首时，主句需要倒装，从句型结构上可排除此选项。 6. 选 B。吸毒则是绝对应该禁止的，如果做了，必须受到惩罚。 7. 选 C。上文已经说明了“给予吸毒的学生以惩罚” ，那么惩罚就应该由某人来“决定” 给予某人。 8. 选 C。根据语境分析，此处应该表示“转折”的关系，故使用 but。 9. 选 C。 既然六个人都对成为 DC Rep 感兴趣， 那么只好来进行 “选举” 故使用 election； 了， 而 selection 的意思是“挑选” 。A、B 两个选项也和下文的语境不相符合，另外下文中 也出现了 election 这个词。 10. 选 B。根据常识，要进行选举，则必须由候选人演讲自己的施政纲领，那么就得事先准 备演讲稿。后面第 12 题前有 speech 一词的暗示。 11. 选 C。此处选择 promise 正好与下文的 keep promise 相呼应。 12. 选 D。按常识来说，此处应该先阐述参与竞选的原因，下文所写的内容说明了这一点。 13. 选 D。 参加竞选， 应该如实地说明动机， 才能赢得人们的信任， 写出竞选的原因就是 “诚 实”的表现。 14. 选 A。poster 的意思为张贴在公共场所的“海报，广告” ，相当于 notice，这和下文的动 词短语 put on 相吻合。一般来说，advertisements 指的是“出售物品等的宣传广告” 。 15. 选 B。贴海报的目的就是为了让人记住“我”的名字，达到宣传的目的。 16. 选 C。积极参与竞选，作了很多准备，但结果是没有被选中， “失望”的心情可想而知。 17. 选 C。四个短语动词的意思为：put down“放下，记下” ；look down“向下看” ；feel down “ （精神上的）消沉” ；lie down“躺下来” 。 18. 选 A。从上文来看，作者的低沉情绪没有持续太长时间，因此当别人安慰她时，不可能 “难过或是痛哭” ，排除 B 和 D。她只是笑了笑，laugh 的意思为“大笑” ，与题意不符 合。 19. 选 C。因为“I am very happy to have taken part in the election” ，说明“过程”你结果重 要， “重在参与” 。
20. 选 B。courage 表示人做某事的“勇气” ，此处表示作者发现自己居然有勇气参加竞选。 而 strength“力气” ，指人身体内部的力量；参加竞选不能证明自己身上有“能力”或者 做某事的“技巧” 。 五、阅读理解 1. 选 A。该题为推理题。由文章第一自然段的第一句“Professor Martin’s report says that children who attend a number of schools, because their parents have to move around the country, probably make slow progress in their studies.”我们可以得知 Martin 教授的观点 是：孩子们如果转学的次数多，那么他们在学习中所取得的进步就会比较慢。因此选项 A 是正确答案。 2. 选 B。该题为细节题。由文章第二自然段教授所说的话中得出，教授的观点是通过他 的研究得出的，并不是他的个人看法。因此 B 为正确答案。 3. 选 C。该题为推理题。由文章第三自然段讲述了 James 上校的观点，他不赞成 Martin 教授的观点，他以自己的两个孩子为例，认为孩子们只要处于同一教育体系中，不论 转多少次学，也不会对他们的教育产生不良的影响。故 C 项为正确答案。 4. 选 C。该题为细节题。由文章第三自然段的最后一句“What the professor doesn’t appear to appreciate is the fact that in such situations children will adapt（适应）much better than grown-ups.”可知，James 上校认为孩子们比成年人更容易适应一切。因此 C 为正确答 案。 5. 选 B。该题为推理题。由文章最后一句“the majority（大多数） of children suffer from constantly（不断地） having to enter a new learning situation.”告诉我们，大多数的孩子 遭受经常变更学习环境之苦。选项 B 中的短语 quite a few 也表示“相当多的” 。因此正 确答案为 B 项。 六、句子翻译 1. During the summer holidays he spent most of his time reading novels. 2. Talk to him more, and you’ll find that he isn’t as bad as you thought he was. 3. Does she have much experience of teaching? 4. They had a quiet wedding--- only a few friends attended (it). 5. We should drop the old customs because it is in modern times. 6. We study foreign languages such as English, French or Japanese. 7. Make sure that all the windows and doors are closed. 8. On arriving home, he began to do his homework. 9. In this case, they have to set off right now. 10. The more she thought about it, the more frightened she became.
Unit 1 单元综合测试(A) 参考答案
一、单项选择 1. 选 D。当先行词为物时，介词之后只能用关系代词 which。 2. 选 B。此句不是定语从句，but 引导一个并列句，所以不能用 which。 3. 选 D。这是 spend +time +on sth.结构。 4. 选 A。available 用作形容词，意为“可得到的” ，在句中作表语。 5. 选 C。on doing sth 相当于 as soon as，意为“一??就??” ，但 as soon as 后接从句。 6. 选 C。donate money to 意为“捐钱给…” 。 7. 选 C。work 为不可数名词，不能与不冠词连用，第二空为 allow sb to do sth.结构。 8. 选 C。airplane 为可数名词，要与冠词连用，experience 为“经历”之意时也为可数名
词。 9. 选 B。as well as 意为“和??一样好” 。 10. 选 B。at the beginning of 为固定词组，意为“在……初期” 。 11. 选 A。smell 为系动词，后接形容词作表语；be well“身体好” 。 12. 选 A。develop 意为“养成、培养” 。 13. 选 A。inform 意为“告知” “通知” ，常用 inform sb of sth 结构。 14. 选 B。approve 用作动词，意为“通过，批准” 。 15. 选 D。display 意为“展出” ，根据句意应该是学生的作业在墙上展出。 二、单词拼写 1. available 2. literature 3. appointment 4. dropping 5. desserts 6. facilities 7. access 8. challenging 9. skipping 10. achieved 三、动词填空 1. 填 run。run 为过去分词，在句中作定语。 2. 填 was started。Start 在此意为“开办” ，与 school 意思是被动关系。 3. 填 preparing。现在分词短语从状语。 4. 填 sung。Sing 与 song 之间是被动关系，所以要用 sing 的过去分词。 5. 填 Has, been approved。根据句意要用现在完成时。 6. 填 required。 7. 填 pressing/to be pressed。Require 意为“需要” ，当主语是某物时，后接动名词，或不 定式的被动结构。 8. 填 explaining。listen to sb.后接动词的-ing 形式。 9. 填 is not allowed。根据句意要用被动词语态。 10. 填(should) be handed。exercise books 与 hand in 之间是被动关系。 四、完形填空 1. 选 C。从这四个词的意思上来区分，case 是“事例，案例”的意思，reason 表原因， factor 意为“因素” ，situation 的意思是“形势，状况” ，文中句子的意思是上述条件 是使英国成为工业革命中心的重要因素。故选 C。 2. 选 A。根据上下句的意思，应选一个表转折的连词，只选项 A but 符合题意。 3. 选 A。 else 意为 “其他， 别的” 如： ， What else can I say?别的我还能说些什么呢？extra 意为“额外的，外加的” ，如：an extra loaf of bread 多加的一条面包，而这句话要 表达的是“也需要其他条件” ，而不是“额外条件” ，排除选项 C。near 和 similar 意思相差较远，故选 A。 4. 选 D。 根据下句的解释，应选“有创造性的” ，creative 符合题意。generating (产生 的、生产的)、motivating (有动机的)和 effective(有效的)意思上不贴切。 5. 选 B。 sources 意为“来源，根源” ，如，sources of power 意为“能源” 。符合题意。 origin 的意思是“起因，由来” 。如：the origin of a river 河流的源头；base 是“基 础”的意思；discovery 是“发现”的意思。 6. 选 B。根据句子的意思，应选 create“创造，发明”这个词。 7. 选 A。come from 的意思是“出自，来自” ，与后面 background 搭配,意为“出于?? 背景” 。stem from 意为“起源于” ，如：Her interest in books stems from her childhood. 她对书本的兴趣是从童年开始的。B、C 项的意思不对。 8. 选 C。 more?than?是固定搭配，意为“与其说??不如??” 。本句的意思是,“与 其说是科学家,不如说是发明家” 。 9. 选 C。pure 的意思是“纯粹的，单纯的” ，genuine 的意思是“真正的” ，practical 的
意思是“实际的” ，clever 的意思是“聪明的”,句子的意思是“一个单纯的科学家 主要致力于精确的科学研究。 ” 10. 选 D。accurately 的意思是“精确的”,符合题意。Happily(愉快的)；occasionally(时 而的，偶然的)和 reluctantly(勉强的)均不合题意。 11. 选 D。so that 是固定搭配，表示目的。 12. 选 C。这句话的意思是“一个发明家或热衷于应用科学的人通常试图创造有使用价 值的东西。 ” 13. 选 B。这句话的意思是“通过运用科学理论” ，use 意为“使用,运用”,故选 B。 14. 选 A。theories of science 的意思是“科学的理论” 。 15. 选 D。根据句子的意思， “他为了明确的结果而工作” ，specific 的意思是“明确 的”,specialized 的意思是“专门的”; sole 的意思是“独有的，单一的” ；single 的 意思是“单独的,一个人” 。 16. 选 C。 根据题意， of many other objectives 许多其他东西中的一种” all,全部; few, one “ 。 几乎没有; those,那些;均不合题意。 17. 选 B。develop (使)发展。如：to develop a business,发展业务。另一个意思是“研制、 开发” 用在这里恰当。 Many new products have been developed to meet the needs ， 如： of the people.开发了许多新产品以满足人们的需要。Propose 建议。如：I propose resting for half an hour.我提议休息半个小时。 Supply 提供、 供应。 The government 如： supplies free books to schools.政府为学校免费提供图书。 Offer 提供， 出价。 如： Will you offer the guests some coffee.你能给客人准备些咖啡吗？ 18. 选 A。本题要求选用的适与 no 意义相近的不定代词，在四个选项中，只有 A) little 的意思是“几乎没有”,后接不可数名词，符合题意。 19. 选 B。本题要求填入的是一个连词，用来连接一个表示与过去事实相反的虚拟条件 句。本句的意思是说： “如果没有科学家早年打下的基础，那些在科学上接受过很 少或没有接受过教育的人就不可能有所发明创造” 的意思是“如果，假使” 。if ，通 常用在虚拟条件句中。 20. 选 D。本题要求填入的副词用来修饰一个过去完成时的谓语动词，即表示过去某个 时间以前发生的动作， 因而只能用 D)before。 He would not have achieved so much 如： in the research if he had not studied chemistry years before.如果他早年没学过化学的 话，他在这项研究中就不可能取得这么大的成绩。Ago 只与一般过去时连用，表示 从现在角度看过去的某一时间。如：He studied chemistry many years ago.他好多年 前学过化学。 五、阅读理解 1. 选 A。从文章第一段 ―About 20 bombs exploded outside churches in Jakarta and five other Indonesian cities and towns, killing at least 14 people and injuring 47‖中推断出正确 答案。 2. 选 B。从文章第二段可推断出此结论。 3. 选 C。从文章第一段 “in Jakarta and five other Indonesian cities and towns ,killing at least 14”及倒数第二段“ the following fire killed 15 people in a parking lot at Jakarta’s Stock Exchange”中推断出正确答案。 4. 选 A。 made arrests 意为“逮捕” ，从“have brought no formal charges‖ 和―Most of the arrested have been set free‖.可推断出正确答案。 5. 选 A。从文章中 International directory enquires 130 这一句中得到答案。 6. 选 C。 从文章最后一段中 Give the ship’s name, its identification 标识） （ number and ocean
region 得出正确答案。 7. 选 B。 根据常识，应该用 Emergency 紧急呼救。 8. 选 C。 全文都告知各种应急的电话号码，所以选项 C 为正确答案。 9. 选 C。 从文章的第一段 On the Internet, you could easily go looking for love in all the wrong places, but there are lots of great ways to meet singles near you. 可以推断出正 确答案。 10. 选 A。 文章有第四五六段给我们介绍了四种方法。 11. 选 D。从文章中 There are several California-based MSN Web communities where you can meet like-minded people near you 推断出正确答案。 12. 选 A。从文章中 For our worldly readers, MSN also has international sites for Europe, Asia, Australia and South America 可以得出正确答案。 13. 选 A。 从文章最后一段总结性的叙述中得出此结论。 14. 选 A。 从文章第二段最后―the director found that two children‖ ―the director describes his first view of Kamala（as the older child was names ）and Amala(the name given to the younger child‖句中得到答案。 15. 选 D。 此句中的 four 是指 “四肢”可从文章中 appeared to have been living with a pack ， of wolves 推断出正确答案。 16. 选 B。从文章第一段 Culture means any human behavior that is learned in human society 中推断出答案。 17. 选 D。从文章中 Vegetable gardeners agree that many home—grown vegetables picked at their best are better than those vegetables bought from markets 可以得出正确答案。 18. 选 B。从文章中 Having vegetables in the backyard makes home gardening attractive for many people .Besides vegetable gardening provides exercise and fun for families 得到 正确答案。 19. 选 A。 从文章中 Vegetables do well in full sunlight and need at least five or six hours of sun during the middle of the day 推断出正确答案。 20. 选 B。 从文章中 Fortunately, many vegetables can be grown on poor soils if the soils are properly prepared 可推断出正确答案。 六、短文改错 （共 10 分，每小题 1 分） 1. too 改成 very。very much 用来修饰 enjoy。 2. More 改成 Much。More 是比较级，在此没有比较的对象。Much 用作代词，作主语。 3. instead 后加 of。Instead of 是固定搭配。 4. I 后加 am。be busy with 为固定结构。 5. reading 改成 read。During the weekend 为插入语，本句的结构为 have time to do sth.。 6. 去掉 them。定语从句中不重复先行词。 7. 正确。 8. forgot 改成 forget。本句为 so…that 结构，从状语 sometimes 可知要用一般现在时。 9. bring 改成 brings。动名词作主语，谓语动词用单数形式。 10. pleasant 改成 pleasure。pleasure 与 strength 平衡。 七、One possible version Notice To help students learn more about computers, we’re glad to inform you that we have invited Prefessor Gao from the Computer Department of Nanjing University to give us a lecture on Saturday, 14th September. Professor Gao will talk about the use of computer and how to learn
through the Internet. The lecture begins at 2:00 p.m. in the big classroom of the Library Building. Any computer-lover is welcome to attend the lecture. Please bring your questions in computer learning. Professor Gao will leave you time for questions. Don’t forget to be on time. Students’ Union September 12
Unit 1 单元综合测试 (B)
第一节 听下面 5 段对话。每段对话后有一个小题，从题中所给的 A、B、C 三个选项中 选出最佳选项，并标在试卷的相应位置。听完每段对话后，你都有 10 秒钟的时间来回答有 关小题和阅读下一小题。每段对话仅读一遍。 Text 1 M: How long will I have to stay out of school？ W: About a week .You still have a fever. Text 2 M: I have to call the apartment manager. W: Lost your keys again, huh？ M: Yeah. Text 3 W: Is the flight from New York on time? M: Yes, it is. It should be arriving in 30 minutes at Gate 7. Text 4 W: Jack, are you going to play tennis with us today? M:I promised Bill I’d go swimming with him. Text 5 W: Did you move? I went over to your old house ,but it was empty. M: I’m living in the countryside now. The air is cleaner, and I’m closer to the school . A. It’s near the school. B．His house is too old. C．It’s quiet. 第二节 听下面 5 段对话或独白。每段对话或独白后有几小题，从题中所给的 A、B、C 三个选项中选出最佳选项，并标在试卷的相应位置。听每段对话或独白前，你将有时间阅读 各个小题，每小题 5 秒钟；听完后，各小题将给出 5 秒钟的作答时间。每段对话或独白读两 遍。 听第 6 段材料，回答第 6 至 8 题。 W: Stan, do you have a minute? M: Oh, hi, Cathy. Sure. What’s up? W: Well, I’ve been meaning to talk to you about situation in the office. M: I’m not in there very often. It’s so noisy that I can’t work. W: That’s exactly what I’m getting at. We’re supposed to be able to do our preparation in that office, but have you noticed? Jack constantly has students coming in to get help with his course. M: We can’t really ask him to stop having students come in for help, can we？ W: No of course not .But I’m not able to do my work and neither are you .I imagine it’s the same for the others in the office. M: Hmmm, could we ask for a kind of meeting room? When we have to talk to students, we could go to the meeting room.
W: Good idea. 听第 7 段材料，回答第 9 至 11 题。 W: Are you busy tomorrow night? I’m going over to the Workers Club for volleyball if you’d like to come along. M: Isn’t that far away? W: Not really. If you take the NO.3.bus, you can get there is ten minutes .And if volleyball doesn’t interest you, they’ve got a huge indoor swimming pool, a weight room ,and indoor tracks .It’s a great place to meet people. M: Now that you mentioned it, it would be nice to get away from the computer center for a change, and I really should get some more exercise .Working up a sweat in a ball game or the weight room would be nice. I’ve got so fat. W: Look at me —You’re not the only one .In high school I had a lot more time to do sports activities .Now what little spare time you have much be used in doing exercise .At least the club is open until 12 pm. M: I guess it’s worth a visit. Did you say you’re going tomorrow night? W: Yeah. M: OK, I’ll come, too. How about meeting me in front of the cinema at eight, and we’ll catch the bus there. W: Sure, see you then. 听第 8 段材料，回答第 12 至 14 题。 M: Hi, Jeanie. Why have you come to school an hour early? W: I wanted to get a front row seat and review one more time before the test .Why are you here so early, Jack? M: I get out of my car here this time every day .You seem to be nervous about your lessons .Have you finished your review? W: I’ve only been studying night and day for the last week. If I don’t get an A in this class, I won’t get the support of my country. Why do you seem so calm? M: This class is really just a review for me .I’ve been learning it for two years. W: That’s lucky for you. M: Jeanie, can you guess what the test will be like? Will it be difficult? W: I hope not .But I’m still worried about it. M: Well, cheer up. Hope for good luck. W: Thanks for wishing me luck. 听第 9 段材料，回答第 15 至 17 题。 W: Robert, you play the guitar, don’t you? M:I used to. But I haven’t played it for quite some time. I don’t really have time these days with all my studies. Why do you ask? W: I’m trying to organize a group to play at some parties on weekends. We still need a guitar player. M: Well, I don’t know .But your idea sounds fun to me. W: Oh, it will be. I’m more or less in charge of things, so if you want to give it a try ,you’re in .It’s as easy as that .Besides, it’s a great chance to get out and meet people . M: But I told you I haven’t practiced for a long time .I don’t know if I remember any songs I used to play.
W: Don’t worry about it .I just thought I’d ask you to try and join us sometime when we were practicing. We’ll be practicing for a few months before we give performances. M: OK, I’ll have a try. W: I’m sure you can do it .And it will be fun, too. 听第 10 段材料，回答第 18 至 20 题。 Well, a mixed picture over the next few days .Today in Britain, very wet and windy. You can see from the satellite picture that the highest temperatures, as they so often are ,are in the southern parts of Europe, where it’s also quite dry. It’s going to be quite cold over north—western parts of Europe it will be rainy but in the south there will be the best of the sunshine. And pretty good but cool in the eastern parts of Europe , too. Now let’s look at tomorrow’s weather. It will be very much the same in the south except that the rain is starting to push up into the northern parts. It will stay fine in eastern Europe. But still wet and windy in many northwestern parts, and a bit cool, too.
一、1~5 BABCA 6~10 BACBB 11~15 CACAC 16~20 CABAB 二、21. 选 B。it doesn’t matter。表示“原谅对方的过失” 。 22. 选 B。people 为不可数名词，不能用 much more。very, quite 通常修饰原级。 23. 选 C。此处 since 引导一个原因状语从句，意为“既然” 。 24. 选 C。take place 作不及物动词，无被动语态，B 和 D 项不正确，in the past+一段时 间应与现在完成时连用。故选 C。 25. 选 C。 would rather…than…意为 “宁愿……不……愿” Prefer to have coffee rather than 。 tea 也正确。 26. 选 D。who 引导定语从句，所修饰的先行词应为‖sb.‖。 27. 选 B。to sit on 作定语，sit 为不及物动词，后接 on，on 的逻辑宾语为 chairs。 28. 选 A。look 此处为系动词，look 作系动词不与 at 连用，也无被动语态。 29. 选 C。 指 report 作 to send 的宾语， it 第二个 to 为介词， 它逻辑上的宾语是 the person。 30. 选 B。mustn’t 意为“决不可以” 表示禁止，might 表示可能性，用于陈述句。 ， 31. 选 B。had to 表示“过去不得不” ，强调由“外界原因所迫” 。 32. 选 C。此句主语为 many people。There seems to be…属存在句句型。 33. 选 C。one 等于 a break 表示与上文提到的同类不同物的名词。而 it 指 the break，指 上文中提到的同类同一物的名词单数。 34. 选 B。as well as 修饰行为动词 play，后省略 his father。 35. 选 C。all right 作表语，在此处等于 OK。 三、36. 选 D。从文章的后一句可以推断出此答案。 37. 选 C。 3 月 28 日当他带领克里夫兰骑士队以 107：104 击败新泽西网队时这种能力 显示了出来，在这场比赛中他一人独得 41 分。这种能力指上文所提的全明星球员在 身体、技术和智力方面的综合素质。 38. 选 D。 由上文提到的 19 岁 87 天反推该空强调 James 年纪轻。 39. 选 A。 一场比赛个人得分过 40 分或更多是一种好的表现。 40. 选 B。 known as， “作为??是有名的” ，符合题意。 41. 选 B。 由下文介绍的童年时期不幸生活反推，那时他还远不是一个球王。 42. 选 B。 分析语境可知，该空表示“像??一样” ，应填 Like。 43. 选 B。 由下文所介绍的童年不幸生活反推，James 的童年生活是一种挣扎。 44. 选 D。从前文可以得知，他母亲 16 岁生他，而且经常为一些事而发生争执，既然
母亲这样对待他，那么可以推断，如果没有祖父母的照应，他应该很小时就会死去。 45. D 没有祖母和邻居的帮助，James 也许很小的时候就死了。 46. 选 D。 take any chance， “利用机会” ，符合题意。 47. 选 A。 下文的 don't like 暗示该空应填 hate。 48. 选 B。 seize the opportunity， “抓住机会” ，与语境逻辑相符。 49. 选 C。 分析语境可知，该空表“能够” ，应填 able。 50. 选 D。 stop sb. (from) doing sth.， 阻止某人做某事” 符合题意。 “ ， 若将 stop 改为 keep， from 不可省，所以 A 错误。 51. 选 C。 分析语境可知，该空表“多亏了” ，应填 thanks。 52. 选 B。 强调“聪明的、反应快的” ，应用 quick，而不用 fast。 53. 选 A。 下文的 college 暗示该空应填 studying。 54. 选 D。 上大学的目的是开发智力，因此该空应填 develop。 55. 选 D。 James 成了没有文凭而成名的幸运者。 四、56. 选 B。 文章第二段 He is the first blind man to attempt Everest 这一句可以得出正确答 案。 57. 选 B。文章中“the Himalayan peak of 29,035 feet” “base camp at 17,800 feet”两者相 减得。 58. 选 C。 文章最后一段“I really liked it,” Weihenmayer said.“You can problem-solve. It is pretty sense in your inner mind.”告诉我们正确答案。 59. 选 A。 由最后一段 “Free parking is available behind the museum. llth Street, 60. 选 C。从文章中列出的时间表可以得出结论。 61. 选 C。 同上推出此项不正确。 62. 选 C。 文章第二段中 And they want to find out the differences between the male and female sense of humor.推断出正确答案。 63. 选 B。 由文章第三段 This is a subject that has long interested psychologists and philosophers.得出答案。 64. 选 A。从文章第四段中 It seems that men and women do have different senses of humor, for instance.可以推断出正确答案。 65. 选 C。作者列举这些国家的目的在于进一步证明他的观点，即不同国家的人有不同 的 sense of humor。 66. 选 A。从文章最后一段找到正确答案。 67. 选 B。brink 意为“顶端边缘” ，on the brink of doing 与 on the point of doing 同义， 意为“即将要做某事” 。 68. 选 A。从文章中 Doctors showed their doubt and were strongly opposed although they admit that human cloning would finally come true unless there was a world wide ban on the practice.这一句中推断出正确答案。 69. 选 A。前面讲到“opposed”反对，所以应该有否定之意 70. 选 D。 从文章中 Ronald Green, director of the Ethics Institute at Darmouth College in the US, said it is unlikely that an eight-week-old pregnancy would lead to a birth.可得出正确 答案，其他选项均与文章内容不符。 71. 选 A。全文均围绕此话题展开。 Enter Lot J on the one block south of Wisconsin Avenue.”可以推断出正确答案。
72. 选 B。 从文章中 it is possible to prevent stress as well as reduce its effect when it can’t be avoided. The US Department of Health and Human Services offers the following suggestions for ways to deal with stress.可以推断出正确答案。 73. 选 C。文章中 Your body and your mind will work together to ease the stress in your life. 这一句中得到答案。 74. 选 A。从文章中 Perhaps a friend, family member, teacher or even your leader can help you a better view of what’s troubling you.‖可很容易排除掉其他三个选项。 75. 选 B。根据文章意思，可以推断出此句为“欲速则不达”之意。 五、1. arrive 改成 reach 或在 arrive 后加 in。arrive 为不及物动词应加 in，reach 及物动词不 需家介词。 2. 去掉 to。home 作副词时不与 to 连用。 3. for 改成 to。be available to sb.对某人来说可行的。 4. indoor 改成 indoors。stay 后应接副词 indoors，indoor 为形容词不能作状语。 5. accesses 改成 access。access 为不可数名词。 6. sure 改成 certain。sure 通常不用于 it 作形式主语的句中。 7. to 改成 with。be served with 意为“用??招待” 。 8. any 改成 either。两者中任何一个应用 either，twin 表示“两个的” 。 9. likes 改成 like 。定语从句关系代词 who 指 students 代表复数名词。 10. straightly 改成 straight。straight 既可用作形容词又可用作副词。 六、One possible version Dear Tom, How nice to hear from you again. You want to known what is going on in our school. In short, things have been improving since the school began to carry on exploring study. In the past, the teacher always kept on explaining the points in class. We students just listened and took notes. But now we often discuss and try to solve the problem raised by the teacher or ourselves. After class, we enjoy different kinds of activities instead of doing endless homework.. For example, we can read what we are interested in. We can go to the library or surf the Internet for various kinds of information. In a word, we are now maters of study, and we are very happy. Best wishes, Yours Li Hua
copyright ©right 2010-2020。