选修七 Unit 1 Living well 一、语言要点 I 单元要点预览（旨在让同学整体了解本单元要点） 词语 1.all in all/ in all/ at all/ after all/ above all/ first of all 辨析 1. disability n.无能；残疾 disabled adj.伤残的 able adj.能干的；能够的 词形 变化 2.
ambition n.野心，雄心 3.beneficial adj.有益的 4. independent adj.独立的 ambitious adj.有雄心的，野心勃勃的 benefit v.&n.受益；利益，好处 independence n.独立 depend v.依靠，依赖
5.encouragement n.鼓励 encourage v.鼓励 courage n.勇气，精神 1. ambition (n.) 雄心 词 2. beneficial (adj.) 有益的 汇 3. adapt (v.) 使适应;改编 部 4. conduct (n.) 行为 (v.) 指挥 分 重点 5. resign (v.) 辞职 单词 6. companion (n..) 同伴 7. access n. （接近的）方法；通路；可接近性 8. suitable adj.适合的, 适当的; 9. annoy vt. 使生气，使烦恼; 招惹; 妨碍 10. adequate adj.适当的, 足够的 in other words 换句话说 cut out 切掉,删掉 out of breath 上气不接下气 重点 sit around 闲坐着 make fun of 取笑 all the best 一切顺利 词组 as well as 也, 又; 和……一样好 1. She is proud to have taken part in competitions and to have broken a record by running two laps(800 metres) this year. 2. The few who cannot see the real person inside my body do not make me annoyed, 重点句型 and I just ignore them. 3. I have a very busy life with no time to sit around feeling sorry for myself. 4. Just accept them for who they are, and give them encouragement to live as rich and full a life as you do. 复习不定式(见语法专题) 重点语法 II 词语辨析 (旨在提供完形填空所需材料) 1). all in all/ in all/ at all/ after all/ above all/ first of all 【解释】 all in all 总而言之 in all 总共 at all 根本 after all 毕竟；别忘了（放句首时） above all 最重要, 首先 first of all 首先 【练习】选择 all in all/ in all/ at all/ after all/ above all 或 first of all 并用其适当的形式填空 1) Don‘t blame him too much. ________, he is a small child. 2) According to the survey, _______ there are nearly one million people in this small city out of work during the economic crisis. 3) I am glad to join you in this game, but ________ please allow me to introduce myself to you. 4) The parents didn‘t worry about their daughter _______, for they believed she could succeed in getting the first prize. 5) When traveling abroad, _______, you need to prepare your passport. 6) There are many beautiful sentences in your article and its handwriting is good too. ________, I‘m quite satisfied with it. Keys: 1) After all 2) in all 3) first of all 4) at all 5) above all 6) All in all III 词性变化 （旨在提供语法填空所需材料） 1. disability n.无能；残疾 disabled adj.伤残的 able adj.能干的；能够的 2. ambition n.野心，雄心 ambitious adj.有雄心的，野心勃勃的
3.beneficial adj.有益的 4. independent adj.独立的 5.encouragement n.鼓励
benefit v.&n.受益；利益，好处 independence n.独立 depend v.依靠，依赖 encourage v.鼓励 courage n.勇气，精神
【练习】根据句子结构，用括号内所提供词的适当形式填空 1)The ______ girl swims well in spite of her _______.(disable) 2) Robert is a very _______ man and one of his ______ is to travel in Antarctica. (ambition) 3) If you want to be a _______, you should work hard at ______ and care for ______ situations. (politics) 4) It is known to all that fresh air is _______ to our health and the new park ______ us all, so we should keep it clean.(benefit) 5) The boy who used to ______on his parents now wants the ______ from them and is learning to be _______.(depend) 6) Praise acts as an ______ to the players, and therefore they will feel ______ and get the _______to continue and improve their performance.(encourage) 7) My brother ______ from a well-known American university. My parents attended his _______ ceremony yesterday.(graduate) 8) When someone ______ others on their success, he or she usually says ―_______‖.(congratulate) 9) This concert was _______ by a famous _______ from Vienna. (conduct) keys:1) disabled; disabilities 2) ambitious; ambitions 3) politician; politics; political 4) beneficial; benefits 5) depend; independence; independent 6) encouragement; encouraged; courage 7) graduated; graduation 8) congratulates; congratulations 9) conducted; conductor
IV 重点词汇 （旨在提供综合运用所需材料） 1. ambition (n.) 雄心 [重点用法] ambitious adj. 志向远大的; 有雄心壮志的;有野心的 be ambitious for [power, social position, etc.] 极欲获得[权力, 社会地位等] be ambitious of success 渴望成功 be ambitious to serve the people 一心想为人民服务 [典例] 1) Her ambition is the presidency. 她的抱负是成为一名总统 2) After several hours‘ work, she had no ambition to go dancing. 没有精力去跳舞了 3) The prince was attracted by the girl‘s beauty, and ambitious to marry her. 王子为女孩的美貌打动了，渴望能娶到她。 [练习] 汉译英 1) 他的理想就是环游世界。 _______________________________________________________________________________ ____ 2) 作为一个志向远大的领导者，他想带领当地人们过上幸福的生活。 _______________________________________________________________________________ ____ Keys: 1)His ambition is to sail around the world. 2) As an ambitious leader, he wants to guide the local people to lead a happy life. 2. beneficial (adj.) 有益的 [重点用法] benefit v. &n.有助于；受益；利益，好处 be beneficial to sth./sb.对……有益 be of benefit to 对……有益 for the benefit of 为了……(的利益) benefit from 从……中受益 [典例] 1) A temperate climate is beneficial to the health; 温和气候有利于健康.
2) Sunshine is beneficial to plants. 阳光对植物有益。 3) I hope what I have written will be of benefit to someone else who may feel the same way. 我希望我写的这些将对有同感的人有帮助. 4) Both sides have benefited from the talks.双方都从和谈中受益。 [练习] 汉译英 1) 使用电脑对孩子们的学习很有好处。 _______________________________________________________________________________ ____ 2) 我发现这本书对初学英语的人很有用。 _______________________________________________________________________________ ____ Keys: 1)Using computers has a beneficial effect on children‘s learning./Using computers is beneficial to children‘s learning. 2)I found the book beneficial to English beginners. 3. adapt (v.) 使适应;改编 [重点用法] adapt (oneself) to sth.适应某物 adapt…to…使……适应…… adapt sth. for sth. from sth.根据某事将……改编成…… be adapted from… 由……改编 [典例] 1) You should adapt yourself to the new environment. 你应该适应新环境。 2) The makers adapted the cartoons film for children from the Russian original. 影片制作人为了孩子们将这本俄文原著改编成了卡通电影。 [练习] 汉译英 1) 他们很快适应了城市生活； _______________________________________________________________________________ ____ 2) 这部电影是由小说改编的。 _______________________________________________________________________________ ____ Keys: 1) They soon adapted themselves to the city life; 2)The movie was adapted from a novel. 4. conduct (n.) 行为 (v.) 指挥 [重点用法] conductor n. 领导者, 经理, a bad conduct 恶劣行为 under the conduct of 在...指导［管理］下 [典例] 1) The chairperson conducted the hearing. 主席先生主持了这个听证会。 2) His conduct of the business was very successful. 他的事业进展得相当顺利。 3) The curator conducted the visitors round the museum. 馆长领着游客们在博物馆中参观。 [练习] 汉译英 1) 在农业专家的指导下,当地农民过了个丰收年。 _______________________________________________________________________________ ____ 2) 今天下午向导指挥着小学生参观了博物馆 _______________________________________________________________________________ ____ Keys: 1) Under the conduct of the agricultural experts, local farmers had an abundant year. 2) The guider conducted the students in primary school around the museum this afternoon. 5. resign (v.) 辞职；委托, 把...交托给(to, into) [重点用法] resign one's position (as secretary) 辞去(秘书)职务 resign office 辞职 resign oneself to 听任(某种影响); 只好(做某事) resign oneself to one's fate 听天由命
resign ... to... 把... 托付给 [典例] 1) In order to look after her sick mother, Mary decided to resign her position as a manager in the company.为了照顾生病的母亲，Mary 决定辞去公司经理的职务。 2) I resign my children to your care. 我把孩子们委托你来照顾。 [练习] 汉译英 1) 在任何情况下，我们都不能听天由命。 _______________________________________________________________________________ ____ 2) 我只好在长队中等候 _______________________________________________________________________________ ____ Keys: 1) In no situation, shall we resign ourselves to our fate. 2)I resigned myself to a long wait in line. 6. companion (n..) 同伴 [重点用法] make companions of 与...作伴， 与...为友 companions in arms 战友 a faithful companion 忠实伴侣 [典例] 1) His companion is Jim, a black slave who has also run away. 他的搭档 Jim 是一个黑奴，也是逃出来的。 2) His brother is not much of a companion for him. 他兄弟与他情趣不甚相投。 7. access n. （接近的）方法；通路；可接近性 [重点用法] accessible adj. 易接近的, 可到达的, accessible to(prep.) [典例] 1) Fallen rocks cut off the only access to the village.落石阻断了通往村庄的唯一通道。 2) Every student has free access to the library.每位学生都可自由利用图书馆。 3) A place accessible to the public 公众可以进入的地方 [练习] 汉译英 1) 所有的公交将会供健康和残疾人使用。 _______________________________________________________________________________ ____ 2）这是解决问题的最容易的方法。. _______________________________________________________________________________ ____ Keys: 1) All the public transport will be accessible to both ordinary people and the disabled. 2) Here is the easiest access to the problem. 8. suitable adj.适合的, 适当的; [典例] 1) Experts in education call for more books suitable for children 教育方面的专家呼吁多些适合 儿童阅读的书籍 2) This wine is not suitable to my taste.这酒不合我的胃口。 [重点用法] suit v. 合适, 适合, 相配, unsuitable adj. 不适合的, 不相称的 be suitable for (doing) sth./sb. 很适合(做)…… [练习] 汉译英 1) 我认为这个应征者不适合这个岗位. _______________________________________________________________________________ ______________ 2) 他尝试找一个合适的词来描述这幅画. _______________________________________________________________________________
______________ Keys: 1) I don‘t think the applicant is suitable for the post. 2) He tried to find a suitable word to describe the picture. 9. annoy vt. 使生气，使烦恼; 招惹; 妨碍 [典例] 1) Stop annoying your mother. She is busy.别烦你妈妈,她现在很忙。 2) It annoyed him when someone made fun of his ugly handwriting.当有人取笑他的字迹难看时, 他就十分恼火。 [重点用法] be annoyed at/by sth.因为某事而感到困扰 get /be annoyed with sb.生某人的气 annoying 令人恼火的 annoyed 恼怒的;烦恼的 [练习] 汉译英 1) 我遇到了一个令人烦恼的问题. _______________________________________________________________________________ _____________ 2) 他因为丢了身份证而感到烦恼. _______________________________________________________________________________ _____________ Keys: 1) I met an annoying problem. 2) He was annoyed at his lost ID card. 10. adequate adj.适当的, 足够的; 差强人意的 [典例] 1) The supply is not adequate to the demand. 供不应求。 2) I am sure to prove adequate to the job. 我一定会证明自己能胜位这项工作。 3) The skater's technique was only adequate.滑冰者的技术只能说是差强人意 [练习] 汉译英 1) 孩子们需要足够的营养长身体. _______________________________________________________________________________ _____________ 2) 这个表演勉勉强强. _______________________________________________________________________________ _____________ Keys: 1) Children need adequate nutrition to build up their body. 2) The performance is merely adequate. V 重点词组 （旨在提供综合运用所需材料） 1. in other words 换句话说 [典例] 1) You can stay at home and needn‘t come here any longer. In other words, you are fired.你可以 在家呆着以后都不用来了。也就是说，你被解雇了。 2) He found his first job. In other words, he needn‘t depend on his father any more.他找到了他的 第一份工作，换句话说，他再也不用依靠他父亲了。 [短语归纳] in a word=in one word 总而言之 in words 用语言 have a word with sb.与某人谈话 have words with 与某人争吵 [练习]选用短语并用恰当的形式填空。 1) She has a good handwriting, and is good at writing articles. __________, she is a qualified secretary. 2) The beauty of sunset can not be described _________. 3) The person who _______________my father is one of my relatives. 4) The couple _________________ each other in the street ignoring the eyes of passers-by. Keys: 1) In a word 2) in words 3) has a word with 4) have words with 2. cut out 切掉,删掉
[短语归纳] cut down 砍倒; 削减,压缩 cut up 切[破]碎 cut off 切断, 停掉;隔绝, 挡住 [典例] 1) I cut this article out of the newspaper.我从报纸上剪下了这篇文章。 2) Deserts are also created because people cut down trees and dig up grass.由于人们砍树挖草导 致了沙漠的产生。 3) The flood cut off their supplies.洪水切断了他们的供养。 [练习]用恰当的介词填空。 1) I would cut _____ the bit about working as a waitress. 2) The car industry cut ______ production. 3) The woodchopper cut _______ the tree and cut it _______. Keys: 1) out 2) down 3) down; up 3. out of breath 上气不接下气 [短语归纳] hold one‘s breath 屏息 catch one‘s breath 松一口气 take a deep breath 深深地吸了一口气 out of control 失控 out of sight 看不见 out of order 坏了 out of reach 够不着 [典例] 1) He became out of breath after running back to the classroom.跑回教室后他变得上气不接下 气。 2) He ran as fast as he could and finally caught up with his teacher but got out of breath.他飞快地 跑着，最终追上了他的老师可是已经上气不接下气。 [练习] 汉译英 1) 为吓下他的同学,他屏住呼吸然后又突然间跳了出来. _______________________________________________________________________________ ____ 2) 这老奶奶太老了以致于才走了短短的路就上气不接下气了. _______________________________________________________________________________ ____ Keys: 1) To frighten his classmate, the boy held his breath and jumped out suddenly. 2) The granny is so old as to be out of breath going only a short distance. 4. make fun of 取笑 [短语归纳] have fun with sb.(和某人在一起)娱乐，开心 for fun 为了快乐，闹着玩地 play a joke on sb.开某人的玩笑 play a trick on sb.捉弄某人 [典例] 1) We should not make fun of the classmates when they can not answer the questions correctly. 当同学不能正确回答问题时，我们不应该嘲笑他们。 2) Nobody likes being made fun of.没有人喜欢被嘲笑。 3) Children draw pictures for fun.孩子们在画着玩呢。 [练习] 汉译英 1) 大多小孩都喜欢玩小猫。 _______________________________________________________________________________ ____ 2) 中国人总喜欢在除夕夜和家人在一起。 _______________________________________________________________________________ ____ Keys: 1) Most children like to play a trick on kitty. 2) People in China always have fun with
families on the Spring Festival eve. 5. all the best 一切顺利 [短语归纳] at (the) best 至多，充其量也不过…… do one‘s best 竭尽全力 make the best of 最有效地利用 best of all 尤其,特别 [典例] 1) My father loves golf best of all. He goes for it every weekend. 我父亲特别喜欢打高尔夫球,每个周末他都会去打一次. 2) I wish you all the best during the journey.我祝愿你旅途一切顺利 [练习] 汉译英 1) 我祝福你在新的国度一切如意。 _______________________________________________________________________________ ____ 2）我们祝愿她的工作顺利。 _______________________________________________________________________________ ____ Keys: 1) I wish you all the best in a new country. 2) We wish her all the best in her new job. 6. as well as 也, 又; 和……一样好(可连接并列的名词,代词,形容词,动词,介词短语等;注意: 连接两谓语时,两动词的时态要保持一致) [短语归纳] as good as 和...一样好 as well 也, 又(常做状语), 相当于 too; also [典例] 1) She can sing as well as her sister.她唱得和她姐姐一样好。 2) He directed as well as act in the film.他导演了这部影片并且在里边扮演了角色。 3) I am going to study abroad and my brother is going as well.我要到国外留学，我弟弟也要去。 4) His story is as good as a play.他的故事很有趣。 [练习] 汉译英 1) 她既擅长数学又擅长英语。 _______________________________________________________________________________ ________________ 2) 海伦和我一样都渴望参加晚会。 _______________________________________________________________________________ ________________ 3) 她的钢琴弹得和你一样好。 _______________________________________________________________________________ ________________ Keys: 1) She is good at math as well as English. 2) Helen as well as I is eager to take part in the evening party. 3) She plays the piano as well as you. VI 重点句子 （旨在提供句子结构等所需材料） 1. She is proud to have taken part in competitions and to have broken a record by running two laps(800 metres) this year.她很骄傲她参加了比赛而且在今年的 800 米长跑中打破了记录。 [解释]to have taken part in…为不定式的完成时，表示的动作在谓语动作前发生，意为―已经 做了‖。 [典例] I am sorry to have kept you waiting for such a long time.对不起，让你等了那么久。 AIDS is said to have been the biggest health challenge to both men and women in that area over the past few years.据说，在过去的几年里，爱滋病已经成为那个地区男性以及女性的最大的健康隐 患。 [练习]汉译英 1）当老师问起时，他假装读过了这篇课文。
_______________________________________________________________________________ ____ 2）据说他的作品被译成了多种文字。 _______________________________________________________________________________ ____ Keys: 1)He pretended to have read the text when asked by his teacher. 2)His works are said to have been translated into many languages. 2. The few who cannot see the real person inside my body do not make me annoyed, and I just ignore them.有些同学看不到我的内心世界,但我并不生气，只是不理会他们罢了。 [解释] see the real person inside one‘s body ―了解某人内心深处‖是一种比较形象的说法。 [典例] In the film the Black Book, the captain cannot find a friend who is able to see the real person inside his body. 在电影《黑皮书》中，那个上尉无法找到一个可以理解他的朋友。 [练习] 汉译英 1) 我们只愿意相信理解我们内心的朋友，并和他们分享秘密。 _______________________________________________________________________________ ___ 2) 他最终选择了理解他的女孩当自己的妻子。 _______________________________________________________________________________ ____ Keys: 1)We are only willing to trust and share the secrets with the friends who can see the real person inside our bodies. 2)He finally chose the girl who could see the real person inside his body as his wife. 3. I have a very busy life with no time to sit around feeling sorry for myself. 生活太忙了，我可没时间闲坐着顾影自怜。 [解释] ―sit around‖无所事事；feeling sorry for myself 现在分词短语做伴随状语。 [典例] She is not the type to sit around doing nothing.她不是那种闲坐着无所事事的人。 A beggar sits around staring at the last leaf on the tree. 有个乞丐闲坐着，眼睛盯着树上的最后的一片叶子。 Don‘t sit around, it‘s time to set down to your work.别闲坐了，到时间干活了。 [练习] 汉译英 1）因为无处可去,他只好整个假期陪伴着他的奶奶. _______________________________________________________________________________ ____ 2）他心地很好，他把所有的家产用去帮助有需要的人。 _______________________________________________________________________________ ____ Keys: 1) With nowhere to go, he had to spend all his winter holiday accompanying with his old granny. 2) He is a kindest person with all his fortune to help people in need. 4. Just accept them for who they are, and give them encouragement to live as rich and full a life as you do.接受他们的现状，并给他们予鼓励，让他们和你们一样过着丰富多彩而充实的生活。 [解释]… to live as rich and full a life as you do.具有以下结构 ―as+adj.+a/an+n.+as‖表示像……一样的……‖ [典例] Mary is as friendly a girl as Julie. Mary 和 Julie 一样友好 I have never met with as clever a boy as he is before, who has really impressed me a great deal. 我从来没见过像他一样聪明的男孩,他的确给我留下了非常深刻的印象. [练习] 汉译英 1）我不像你们中任何一个那样是个好选手. _______________________________________________________________________________
___ 2）今天像昨天一样热 _______________________________________________________________________________ ___ Keys: 1)I am not so/as good a player as any of you. 2)It is as hot a day as it was yesterday. 二、课文要点 1 课文词汇等填空（旨在复习本课文中的单词拼写和主要词语等） 根据课文内容完成下面语法填空，注意单词拼写和词语用法： Marty is a 1 ( able) boy 2 suffers from a muscle disease. He doesn‘t look any difference from other people but in fact he is too weak to go to school sometimes. He feels 3 (annoy) after his 4 (缺席) from school. But he is outgoing and he thinks having a 5 (disable) doesn‘t mean his life is not 6 (满意的).He learns to adapt 7 his present life. His disease helps him grow stronger 8 (psychology) and become more 9 (独立的). He hopes healthy people can give the disabled more 10 (encourage) in life. 答案：1. disabled 2. who 3. annoyed 8. psychologically 9. independent 4. absence 5. disability 10. encouragement 6. satisfying 7.to
2 课文大意概括 （旨在训练用 30 个单词概括大意的能力） 阅读课文，试着用 30 个单词概括课文大意，再比较答案 Marty 是一个残疾的孩子但是他有着积极的生活态度。他从来不为他的残疾而感到羞愧，相 反，他努力使自己和别人一样独立。他过着充实的生活。 ______________________________________________________________________________ _______________________________________________________________________________ 答案：Marty is a disabled but fairly positive person. He never feels sorry for his disability and instead he tries to be as independent as everyone. He lives a rich and full life. 3 课文佳句背诵与仿写 （旨在培养对难句的理解和运用能力） 1.【原句】Unfortunately, the doctors don‘t know how to make me better, but I am very outgoing and have learned to adapt to my disability. 不幸的是，大夫们不知道如何治好我的病，但是我 很开朗乐观，学会了适应身体的残疾。 [模仿要点] 句子结构：副词和 it‘s + adj 之间的转换 相当于从句： It is unfortunate that the doctors don‘t know how to make me better, but I am very outgoing and have learned to adapt to my disability. 【模仿 1】不得不承认的是，现在人们对残疾人的态度已经有了很大的改变。 ______________________________________________________________________________ 答案：It is admitted that nowadays people‘s attitude towards the disabled has changed a lot . Admittedly, nowadays people‘s attitude towards the disabled has changed a lot . 【模仿 2】幸运的是她从父母和老师那里得到了许多的鼓励，那使得她克服了她所遇到的困 难。 ______________________________________________________________________________ 答案：It was lucky that she gained so much encouragement from her parents and teachers that she overcame the difficulties she met with. Luckily, she gained so much encouragement from her parents and teachers that she overcame the difficulties she met with. 2.【原句】I have a very busy life with no time to sit down feeling sorry for myself. 我的生活很 充实，没有时间闲坐着顾影自怜。 [模仿要点] 句子结构：现在分词做伴随状语： 【模仿 1】麦克有这么多事情要做，他根本没时间来喝杯咖啡放松一下自己。 ____________________________________________________________________________ 答案：Mike has so much work to do with no time to have a coffee relaxing himself. 【模仿 2】他感到非常内疚以致没有勇气跟他的父母谈谈，解析他所做的事情。 ____________________________________________________________________________
答案：He felt so guilty without enough courage to talk to his parents explaining what he had done. 3.【原句】Just accept them for who they are, and give them encouragement to live as rich and full a life as you do. 要接受他们，给他们以鼓励，让他们能像你一样过得丰富多彩，充实美满。 [模仿要点] 句子结构：as +形容词+a/an+名词+as 的用法： 【更多例句】It is as beautiful a day as it was yesterday. 今天天气和昨天的天气一样好。 【模仿 1】他是你所能遇见到的最文雅的男人。 _______________________________________________________________________________ 答案：He is as gentle a man as you could ever meet. 【模仿 2】跑步就像游泳一样是有益的运动。 答案：Running is as beneficial a sport as swimming. 三、单元自测 1 完形填空 阅读下面短文，掌握其大意，然后从 21—30 各题所给的 A、B、C 和 D 项中，选出最 佳选项，并在答题卡上将该项涂黑。 词词数：242 完成时间： 15 分钟 难度：** Kate said "Hello" to Mr. Patel as she entered. She picked up a wire basket and walked towards the back of the store where the rice was kept. The room was quite large and divided by three long aisles(过道), with rows of shelves full of 21 .Besides her and Patel there were only two boys in the store. They were both wearing 22 overcoats. They looked rather 23 because the overcoats were too big for them." 24 ",she heard one of them whisper to the other. She walked on to the next aisle and found the 25 she was looking for. Then she heard some- thing else. It sounded like a box 26 on the floor. She looked through the small open space and saw one of the boys picking up a box. But 27 putting it in the basket, he dropped it into the inside pocket of his overcoat. Kate looked back and saw Mr. Patel at the door checking through a list. Then she looked through the space again. The boys were still putting something else into their inside pockets ..." Let' s get out of here." one of them said and they moved away from her. When she got to the door, the two boys were 28 her. She watched them paying for the few things in their basket. They had both 29 their overcoats. Mr. Patel did not seem to know what they had done. He even 30 at them as they were about to leave. Now Kate decided to stop them. 21. A. books B. baskets C. magazines D. goods 22. A. long B. tight C.grey D. dirty 23. A. nervous B. young C. strange D. excited 24. A. Look up B. Watch out C. Put it down D. Listen to me 25. A. book B. rice C. bag D. magazine 26. A. throwing B. dropping C. spreading D. splitting 27. A. instead of B. as though C. rather than D. in spite of 28. A. looking at B. talking to C. in front of D. behind 29. A. thrown out B. put on C. buttoned D. hidden 30. A. shouted B. smiled C. looked D. laughed [答案解析] 21. D 超市里架子上放的自然是―货物‖了。 22. A 从下文得知，他们准备偷东西，所以穿―长‖大衣来做掩护.四个选项中只有 long 与后面提到的 too big 有点关系。 23. C 大衣长而大，穿在小孩子身上自然就觉得古怪。young，nervous，excited 与 strange 之间没有逻辑上的因果关系。 24. B 毕竟是做贼的，所以提醒另一人要―当心‖。 25. B 开头已暗示 Kate 是来买米的。 26. B it 指前面听到的声音，这种声音―听起来‖像―掉下来‖…… 27. A 按理小孩应把选中的东西放进购物篮中，但他们没有，故用 instead of. 28. C 她看着他们，说明他们就在她面前。 29. C 大衣的钮子钮得整整齐齐，因为里面藏有东西．此处 button 是动词。 30. B did not seem to know what…到 even 的"递进"关系并结合常识可以判断。 2 语法填空
阅读下面短文， 按照句子结构的语法性和上下文连贯的要求， 在空格处填入一个适当的 词或使用括号中词语的正确形式填空，并将答案填写在答题卡标号为 31-40 的相应位置上。 词数：205 完成时间：9 分钟 难度：*** Years ago I gave a speech 31 (call) "Powerful Phrases for Positive People. " These are very simple---but powerful--phrases 32 we all like to hear: "I'm proud of you. " "I believe in you. " "I trust you. " "I love you. " "You can do it. " We should all focus on one phrase in particular: "I thank you." We can never wear out this phrase. It should be on the tips of our tongues 33 someone has been kind to us. In fact, we're often too 34 to give thanks and too quick to complain. Maybe we're busy with our lives and focus so much on 35 that we forget to give others thanks. We tend to take our blessings for granted, like the story about a house owner who hired a real estate (房地产)agent to prepare 36 ad to sell his house. After the house owner read the ad in the paper about many attractive characters of his own house, he called the, real--estate agent to say he no longer wished to sell it. When 37 (ask)what changed his mind, the house owner said, "After reading your ad, I realized I 38 (live)in the house I always wanted to live 39 ' It's time to count our blessings and pull out that simple phrase, "I thank you" 40 (sincere). 答案： 文章告诉我们， 在生活中我们不应大过于关注自己， 而忽略了别人， 要有一颗感恩的心． 要 善于表扬、鼓励别人。 31．called 考查非谓语动词的用法：过去分词作定语，表被动。相当于 which was called； 32．that，which 考查定语从句关系代词的判断。代替指物的先行词 phrase，在从句中作 宾语； 33． when／whenever 考查状语从句的判断。 由语境可知． 当别人对我们友好时， Thank you 应该挂在嘴边。 34．slow 考查语境化选词。 由下文的―and too quick to complain． ． ．‖可以得出答案。 35．ourselves 考查反身代词的用法。由下文的―to give others‖可知答案。 36． an 考查冠词的用法。 准备登一个广告。 这里 prepare an ad 相当于 prepare to put an ad。 37．asked 考查非谓语动词的用法。ask 和其逻辑主语 house—owner 是被动关系．故用 过去分词表被动。 38．had lived 考查动词的时态；动作发生在 realized 之前。表示过去的过去。 39． in 考查介词的用法。 定语从句中省略了作宾语的关系代词。 指的是 house。 ―live in(the house)‖。 40．sincerely 考查副词用法。修饰动词短语(thank you)作状语，所以要用副词形式。 3. 信息匹配 阅读下列应用文及相关信息，并按照要求匹配信息。 首先，请先阅读下列应用文： A. Gesichter of Orients Documents of the life of the various cultures lived in the region of present-day Jordan, from the early Neolithic (8th century 13. C. ) to the early Islamic period. Besides, there are documents about other religious group. B. Covering the Real Works by Warhol, Richter, Polke, Baldessari and another 20 artists show the relationship between art of different ages in different ways--photography, painting, video, installation and the press picture. C. At Home with ter Botch While Gerard ter Borch the younger is well known as a Dutch master, few people know that the other members of the family were also highly skilled in art. The exhibition shows about 80 drawings by ter Broch, his father and his half-brothers and sister. D. Robert Couturier: 100P, ns of Sculptor Celebrate the l00th birthday of the French sculptor, the exhibition brings together more than 100 sculptures and drawings. Couturier, who developed a close relationship with Maillol, found his inspiration in the human body, and use stone, plaster and bronze to express it. E. Follow me! Chinese Art at the Treshuld of the New Millennium Looks at the work of 19 artists born after 1960 who escaped the ideological influence of the Cultural Revolution. Everyday life and separation in the new age and in the big cities, as well as marks of the Revolution. F. China Crossroads of Culture
Explores the development of Chinese art from the Han through the Tang dynasties, a period when waves of conquest, trade and immigration along the Silk Road set off a new Chinese creativity. The 200 items include objects in jade, gold, silver, textiles, works on paper and wall painting. 以下是与上面应用文相关的个人信息，请匹配个人信息与其相对应的应用文。 Bessy: Having been interested in painting for 3 years, she now falls in love with sculpture. She feels the form can express fully what she sees, feels, and thinks. Recently, she has joined in the local sculpture club. Collins: He is an exchange scholar on art. Since childhood, he has been fascinated in Chinese ancient art. The land with a long history, the "great inventions", the hard-working nation with full wisdom, has played a world leading role in human history for thousands of years. He always wonders how they achieved this? Mr. Chang:An overseas Chinese. He left China soon after the founding of New China. All things are proving the success of China's opening-up policy, and he feels inspired and proud. He'd like to know more about its recent development. Paul: He is a graduate of Leeds University. Working on a report about religion, especially Christianity, Muslim and Islam, he has made many visits to famous religious places and spent much time in libraries searching for related information and proof. Denny: He is a college student who majors in art. As an excellent student in the department, he has done some research on the art expressing ways of different times. He' d like to find out that with the development of science and technology, what new ways can be adopted to show art? 申请者： 46. Bessy 47. Collins 48. Mr. Chang 49. Paul 50. Denny 选择意向： A. Gesichter of Orients B. Covering the Real C. At Home with ter Borch D. Robert Couturier.. 100Ans of Sculptor E. Chinese Art at the Treshold of New Millennium F. China Crossroads of Culture
答案： 46．D [解析]Bessy 的信息里出现了 sculpture 一词，D 栏也有有关 Sculpture 的内容。本题 容易。 47．F [解析]Collins 的信息里出现了 Chinese ancient art，F 栏有―Chinese art f'rom the Han through the Tang dynasties"。本题稍难。 48 ． E [ 解 析 ]Mr ． Chang 的 信 息 里 出 现 了 ―He‘d like to know more about its recent development．‖与 E 栏有关。本题容易。 49．A [解析]Paul 的信息里出现了 religion 一词，A 栏也有有关 religion 的内容，本题容易。 50．B [解析] Denny 的信息里出现了―the art expressing ways of different times．‖B 栏也有有 关―art of different ages in different ways‖的内容。本题容易。 4. 基础写作 假设你叫马莉，一个叫丽丽的朋友写信要你介绍一些急救知识，请你立即回复，内容包 括： (1)如果有人窒息，你得立即给他做人工呼吸，使他恢复呼吸。 (2)若有人大出血，你必须马上给他止血。用手帕压在出血点上并按住不动。 (3)如有人被动物咬伤，让他把伤口放在冷水管下冲洗，尽快去看医生。 (4)对于简单的刀伤，只要将伤口冲洗一下，弄干净，然后盖上一块清洁的干布就行了。 [写作要求] 1．请你就以上内容提示用 5 个句子写一封英文信。 2．信的开头和结尾已给出，不计人句数。 _______________________________________________________________________________ _________________ _______________________________________________________________________________ _________________ _______________________________________________________________________________ _________________ _______________________________________________________________________________ _________________
_______________________________________________________________________________ _________________ _______________________________________________________________________________ _________________ 答案: Dear Lily, Pleased to receive your letter. I think we have to learn something about first aid, for unexpected accidents often happen in the daily life. Here is some advice on how to do first aid. 1. If the person is not breathing, you must try to start his breath at once, using the mouth-to-mouth way. 2. If the person is bleeding badly, you must try to stop the bleeding by pressing a handkerchief onto the bleeding point and hold it there. 3. If someone is bitten by an animal, you had better wash his wound under cold running water and go to see a doctor as soon as possible. 4. For the slight knife wound, you only need to wash and clean it, and then you can cover it with a piece of clean cloth. Hope to hear from you soon. Yours, Mary Unit 2 Robots 一、语言要点 I 单元要点预览（旨在让同学整体了解本单元要点） 词语 1.desire/wish/hope/expect/want/long for 辨析 2.assess/access 3.victory/success/conquest/triumph 1. satisfaction n.满意 satisfy v.使满意 satisfying adj.令人满足的 satisfied adj.感到满意的 词形 2. alarmed adj. 感到惊吓的 alarm v.&n. n. 警报 vt. 恐吓 , 警告 变化 3.declare v.断言，宣称 declaration n.宣布，宣言，声明 1. desire n.渴望 vt.想要 2. satisfaction n.满意 3. alarm n.警报 vt.使```惊恐 4. sympathy n.同情 重点 5. accompany vt.陪伴 单词 6. declare vt.宣布 7. envy vt.嫉妒 8. junior adj.较年幼的 9. divorce n.离婚 vt.与```离婚 重点 test out 考验 ring up 打电话给 turn around 转向 词组 leave…alone 不打扰 set aside 将```放在一边 be bound to 一定做…… 1. Claire didn‘t want the robot in her house, especially as her husband would be absent for three weeks, but Larry persuaded her that the robot wouldn‘t harm her or allow her 重点句型 to be harmed. 2. As she turned around, there stood Gladys Claffern. 3. Asimov began having stories published in science fiction magazines in 1939. 复习被动语态（包括动词不定式） （I）(见语法专题) 重点语法 II 词语辨析 (旨在提供完形填空所需材料) 1). desire/wish/hope/expect/want/long for 【解释】 desire 属正式用语, 可代替 wish 和 want, 强调―主观愿望的热切性‖, 含有―强烈希望做某事‖的意思, wish 语气比 desire 弱, 一般用于―难以实现或不可能实现的愿望‖,指―希望‖、―愿‖、―想‖ hope 表示实现的可能性较大的希望 expect 侧重―期待，预期，指望‖ want 多用于口语式普通场合, 指―想‖、―要‖或―需要‖, 表示―偏爱、选择‖或―需要、热爱‖ long for 表―希望，渴望‖ 词汇 部分
【练习】选择 desire/wish/hope/expect/want 或 long for 并用其适当的形式填空 1) I _______ I could have a new car. 2) I _____ a dictionary at the present time. 3) He managed to get the book he ______ finally. 4) I ______ an immediate answer of yours. 5) personally, our city team has better players and I ______them to win 6) He has been working abroad for years, and is _______ to come back and see his family very much. Keys: 1)wish 2) want 3) desired 4) desire/expect/want 5) expect 6)longing 2). assess/access 【解释】 assess vt. 估定, 评定。 access n. 通路, 访问, 入门 【练习】选择 assess 或 access，并用其适当的形式填空 1) Damages in the great earthquake were ______ at several hundred billion. 2) Only persons with a permit has ______to the restricted area; Keys: 1) assessed 2) access 3) victory/success/conquest/triumph 【解释】 victory 指―在战争、竞赛、斗争中获胜‖, 并有―击败对方或敌人‖的含义 success 对预期的、计划的、尝试的事物的目标达到 conquest 指―征服某国或某民族, 从而使之处于被支配地位的胜利或战胜‖ triumph 指―辉煌或彻底的胜利或成功‖ 【练习】选择 victory/success/conquest 或 triumph 并用其适当的形式填空 1) They won a ______ in battle. 2) The general with his soldiers returned home in _______ 3) After the serious bomb, they succeeded in the ______ of that city. 4) The conference was a _______. Keys: 1) victory 2) triumph 3) conquest 4) success III 词性变化 （旨在提供语法填空所需材料） 1. satisfaction n.满意 satisfy v.使满意 satisfying adj.令人满足的 satisfied adj.感到满意的 2. alarmed adj.感到惊吓的 alarm n.警报 vt. 恐吓, 警告 3.declare v.断言，宣称 declaration n.宣布，宣言，声明 【练习】根据句子结构，用括号内所提供词的适当形式填空 1) We had a ______ meal together last Sunday. All the guests are very ______.(satisfaction) 2) I was sleeping soundly in the early morning when a telephone _______ me awake. I was even ______to hear the ______ news that another bombing had hit London.(alarm) 3) What ______ the women most was that when they were talking about the _______ new about the girl, she became so _______ that she ran away as soon as she heard this.(embarrass) 4) The newly-elected president _______ his support for the terrorists. He must be responsible for his______. (declare) 5) He ______ to his friends why he was late but none of them thought his _______ believable.(explain) keys:1. satisfying; satisfied 2. alarmed; alarmed; alarming 3. embarrassed; embarrassing; embarrassed 4. declared; declaration 5. explained; explanation IV 重点词汇 （旨在提供综合运用所需材料） 1. desire n.渴望 vt.想要 [重点用法] desire sth.渴望得到某物 desire to do sth.希望/渴望做某事 desire that sb.(should) do 要求…… have a desire for sth./to do sth.渴望得到某物/希望做某事 at one‘s desire 照某人的希望 [典例] 1) We all desire happiness and health.我们都希望幸福健康。 2) Everyone has a desire for success, but no everyone desire to get rich.每个人都渴望成功，但并非人人 都渴望金钱。
3) He desires you to go to see him at once.他要求你马上去见他。 =he desires that you should go to see him at once. [练习] 汉译英 1) 他想受到大学教育。 ___________________________________________________________________________________ 2) 他们要我快点回来。 ___________________________________________________________________________________ 3) 我请他立即回信。 ___________________________________________________________________________________ 4) 她要你立即见她。 ___________________________________________________________________________________ 5) 她应邀演奏了一曲。 Keys: 1)He desired a college education. 2) They desire me to return soon. 3) I desire an immediate answer of his. 4) She desires that you (should) see her at once. 5)She played a piece at others‘ desire/by desire. 2. satisfaction n.满意 [重点用法] satisfactory n. 满意的, satisfy v. 满足, 使满意, demand satisfaction 要求赔偿; feel satisfaction at ... 对感到满意 find satisfaction in 对...感到满意 to sb.'s satisfaction (to the satisfaction of sb.)达到使某人满意的程度 with satisfaction 满意地 [典例] 1) At last, the whole class found satisfaction in their work.最终,全班都对他们的工作感到满意。 2) What he promised could not satisfy his family.他的许诺并未能使他的家人满意。 [练习] 汉译英 1) 买到想要的东西，她满意地离开了超市。 ___________________________________________________________________________________ 2) 他的试验结果似乎令人满意。 ___________________________________________________________________________________ 3) 这些条件中你至少要符合一项，否则就不能成为本俱乐部的会员。 ___________________________________________________________________________________ Keys: 1) Having bought what she wanted, she left the supermarket with satisfaction. 2) The result of his test seemed to be satisfactory. 3)If you don‘t satisfy at least one of the conditions, you can‘t become a member of our club. 3. alarm n.警报 vt.使```惊恐 [重点用法] give /raise the alarm 发警报 ring the alarm 敲警钟 sound the alarm 发警报; 吹警报号 take (the) alarm at 对...感到吃惊; 因...而惊恐 be alarmed at ... 被...吓一跳 [典例] 1) We were much alarmed by the fire in the forest. 森林失火使我们大为惊慌。 2) As soon as he saw the smoke, he sounded the alarm. 看见火灾爆发，他鸣响了警报。 [练习] 汉译英 1) 看到孩子们在返校时遭遇车祸的消息， 家长们感到很害怕。 ___________________________________________________________________________________ 2）看到大火，社区的居民发出警报。 ___________________________________________________________________________________ Keys: 1) The parents took the alarm at the news that their children caught a traffic accidence when retuning the school. 2) The residents in the community raised the alarm when seeing the great fire. 4. sympathy [重点用法] n.同情
feel /have sympathy for 同情某人 in sympathy with 同情; 赞成; 和...一致 out of sympathy with 对...不同情; 不赞成; 对...没有同感, 和...不一致 win sympathy of 博得...的同情 [典例] 1) He gave the poor child some money out of sympathy.出于同情，他给了这个穷孩子一点钱。 2) He is in sympathy with their beliefs. 他与他们的信仰一致. [练习] 汉译英 1) 听完这个故事，他对她目前的情况深感同情。 ___________________________________________________________________________________ 2) 通过描述他悲惨的童年，他赢得路人的同情。 ___________________________________________________________________________________ Keys: 1)After hearing the story, he felt sympathy for her present situation. 2) He won the sympathy of passers-by by describing his miserable childhood. 5. accompany vt.陪伴 [重点用法] accompany sb. to a place 陪伴某人去某地 accompany sth. with/by sth. 与…同时存在 [典例] 1) He accompanied his old father to the hospital to see what‘s wrong with his stomach.他陪他的老父亲去 医院查看胃部出了什么问题。 2) Thunders accompanied by heavy rain in this season are very common.这个季节，雷鸣常常伴有大雨。 [练习] 汉译英 1) 总统出现了被六个健壮的保镖护随着。 ___________________________________________________________________________________ 2) 回到家乡，他的老同学们陪着他参观了这个城市。 ___________________________________________________________________________________ Keys: 1)The president appeared and was accompanied by six strong bodyguards. 2) When retuning hometown, he was shown around the city accompanied by his old classmates. 6. declare vt.宣布 [重点用法] declare sth.宣布…… declare sb./sth. (to be) +n./adj.宣布……为…… declare that declare war on/upon 对…宣战 declare against/for…声明反对/赞成 [典例] 1) She declared that she didn't want to see him again. 她宣称她再也不愿见到他。 2) Soon they will declare him the owner of the house.很快他们就会宣布他为房子的主人。 3) The government passed a law that declared it illegal to catch and sell this kind of animals. 政府通过法律宣布捕捉贩卖这种动物是非法的。 [练习] 汉译英 1) 那个女明星最近宣称要嫁给一个富人然后退出舞台。 ___________________________________________________________________________________ 2) 公司宣布老板的儿子依法成为公司继承人。 ___________________________________________________________________________________ Keys: 1) The popular actress declared recently that she would marry a rich gentleman and retire from the stage. 2) The company declared the son of the boss to be the successor by law. 7. envy vt.嫉妒 [重点用法] envy sb. sth.妒忌/羡慕某人某物 become the envy of sb.成为令人嫉妒/羡慕的事物 be in envy of one‘s success 羡慕某人的成功 out of envy 出于嫉妒/羡慕 [典例]
1) All her workmates envied her (for) her promotion.所有的同事都羡慕她的晋升。 2) His talent for music becomes the envy of the other competitors.他在音乐方面的天分让其他人对手感 到羡慕。 [练习] 汉译英 1) 他们的新房子受到邻居的羡慕。 ___________________________________________________________________________________ 2) 出于妒忌，他作了伪证 ___________________________________________________________________________________ Keys: 1)Their new house made them the envy of their neighbors. 2)He made the fault witness out of envy. V 重点词组 （旨在提供综合运用所需材料） 1. test out 考验；试验 [典例] 1) This model had been tested out before it was put into production.这个型号经过试验后才进行大批量 生产。 2) Before the lecture, the professor is used to testing out the whole experiment.上课前，这个教授习惯先 将整个实验试验一番。 [短语归纳] test on sb./sth.在……(身上)做实验/试验 have/take a test in 参加……考试 [练习] 汉译英 1) 成千上万的人们将参加这周日的公务员考试。 ___________________________________________________________________________________ 2) 那个咨询顾问习惯先将新的政策在他自己的公司里进行实验。 ___________________________________________________________________________________ Keys: 1) Tens of thousands of people will take an entrance test for government officers this Sunday. 2) The consultant would test the new policy on his own company first. 2. ring up 打电话给…… [短语归纳] ring back 回电话 ring off 挂断电话;停止讲话 ring a bell 唤醒经常是模糊的记忆 ring up the curtain 开始：开始一场演出，一个事件或一次行动 [典例] 1) I have to ring off now because my friend is waiting for me.我朋友在等我，我得挂电话了。 2) On arriving at the airport, he rang up his mother to say everything was ok.一到达机场，他就打电话给 他母亲报平安。 [练习] 汉译英 1) 今早他刚起床就有人给他打电话了。 ___________________________________________________________________________________ 2) 见到老板进来，他赶紧挂断电话假装在工作。 ___________________________________________________________________________________ Keys: 1) The moment he got up this morning , someone rang him up. 2) Seeing his boss coming, he hurried to ring off and pretended to be working. 3. turn around 转向 [典例] 1) He heard a voice but when he turned around, he saw nobody.他听到声音，但转身却没发现有人。 2) As he walked towards the hotel, he suddenly turned around and found an old lady following him.当他朝 旅馆走去时，突然转身发现一个老妇人跟着他。 [短语归纳] turn away 把(脸)转过去 turn against 背叛,反抗 turn on/off 打开/关掉 turn up 出现/调大(音量) turn down 拒绝,调小(音量) turn out 结果是;证明是; [练习] 汉译英
1) 那年轻的女士无法想象要是她的丈夫背叛她的话会是怎么样。 ___________________________________________________________________________________ 2) 虽然贫穷，但是女孩毅然地拒绝了别人的帮助。 ___________________________________________________________________________________ Keys: 1) The young lady cannot imagine what if her husband turns against her. 2) Though poor, the girl turned down others‘ help firmly. 4. leave…alone 不打扰 [短语归纳] leave behind 留下,遗留 leave aside(把某事)搁置一边 leave for 出发前往 leave out 省去,遗漏,不考虑 [典例] 1) Leave him alone and he will produce. 别打扰他，他会写出来的。 2) He was asked to leave for another city in 24 hours.他被要求 24 小时内离开到另一个城市去。 3) The teacher required us to leave out some unnecessary words in our essays.老师让我们将论文中不必 要的词语省去。 4) You shouldn‘t have left Andy alone in the mountains; it was very dangerous.你不该将 Andy 留在山上， 因为那非常危险。 [练习] 汉译英 1) 老板捐款潜逃了，只留下一间空厂房。 ___________________________________________________________________________________ 2) 听到警报，警察丢下家人冲出去看发生了什么事。 ___________________________________________________________________________________ Keys: 1) The boss escaped with all his fortune and left an empty factory behind. 2) Hearing the alarm, the policeman left his family behind and rushed out to see what happened. 5. set aside 将……放在一边;节省或保留(时间,金钱) [短语归纳] set down 写下,记下 set off 开始动身(for a place) set up 创立，建立，搭起 set out 出发，着手做某事（to do sth.） set about doing 着手做，开始做…… [典例] 1) Would you please set aside some time to listen to my real idea?你可以腾出点时间听听我的想法吗? 2) The department set aside the things they were doing and concentrated on a more urgent task.这个部门 的成员放下手头的事情,全力以赴一项更紧急的任务. [练习] 汉译英 1) 父亲放下报纸点了一支烟。 ___________________________________________________________________________________ 2) 他努力工作省下钱给他儿子上大学。 ___________________________________________________________________________________ Keys: 1) Father set aside the newspaper and lit a cigarette. 2) He is working hard to set aside some money for his son to go to college. 6. be bound to 一定做…… [典例] 1) We missed the bus. We're bound to be late.我们错过了那趟车，我们肯定要迟到了。 2) She's bound to be mayor.她注定会成为市长。 [练习] 汉译英 1）他那么用功，一定会成功的。 ____________________________________________________________________________________ 2）这项新发现对于人类必定大有用处。 ____________________________________________________________________________________ Keys: 1) With much hard work, he is bound to succeed. 2) The new discovery is bound to be of great service to mankind.
VI 重点句子 （旨在提供句子结构等所需材料） 1. Claire didn‘t want the robot in her house, especially as her husband would be absent for three weeks, but Larry persuaded her that the robot wouldn‘t harm her or allow her to be harmed. 克莱尔并不想把机器人留在家里，特别是在她丈夫离加三周的这个期间。但是，克莱尔被拉里说服 了。他说，机器人不会伤害她，也不会让别人来伤害她。 [解释] to be harmed：动词不定式的被动语态。 [典例] 1) All these gifts must be mailed immediately so as to be received in time for Christmas.所有的这些礼物 必须及时邮寄，以便在圣诞节及时收到。 2) It remains to be seen whether Jim‘ll be fit enough to play in the finals.吉姆最后是否适合演出仍将拭 目以待。 [练习] 汉译英 1) 小汤姆假装被射中了哭喊着要糖吃。2) 此药得一日三次，饭后服用。 ___________________________________________________________________________________ Keys: 1)Little Tom pretended to be shot and cried for a candy. 2) The medicine is required to be taken three times a day after meals. 2. As she turned around, there stood Gladys Claffern.当他转过身时， （她发现）Gladys 站在那儿。 [解释] there stood Gladys Claffern 倒装句。在谓语为动词 go, come, run, stand, live 等表示位置转移的 动词及 be 动词的句子中,为了强调句子中一些副词 there, here, up, down, in, out, away 等， 可将副词置 于句首，若这时主语是名词，句子用全倒装；若是代词，则不用倒装。 [典例] 1) There comes the teacher and her students.老师和她的学生们来了。 2) Out rushed the boys.男孩们冲了出去。 [练习] 汉译英 1) 年轻的母亲抱着手里两个月大的婴儿跑开了。 ___________________________________________________________________________________ 2) 走进来了生气的老板和他的秘书。 ___________________________________________________________________________________ Keys: 1) Away ran the mother with a two-month-old baby in her arms. 2) In came the angry boss and his secretary. 3. Asimov began having stories published in science fiction magazines in 1939.1939 年，阿西莫夫开始在 科幻杂志上发表文章。 [解释] have sth. done 表示―请某人做某事‖，或―遭遇到某事‖(宾语与宾补为被动关系) have sb. do 让某人做…… have sb./sth. doing 让……不停地做…… [典例] 1) We had our photo taken by a passer-by.我们请了个过路人给我们照相。 2) Be careful. It‘s easy to have your pocket picked in a crowd like this.小心点，在这样的人群中容易被 偷。 3) The coach has us doing the same thing all day. It‘s boring.教练让我们整天做同样的事情，真乏味 4) As you have never been there before, I‘ll have someone show you the way.既然你以前没去过，那我找 人带你去。 [练习] 汉译英 1) 与对手角逐时，他大腿受伤了不得不放弃比赛。 ___________________________________________________________________________________ 2) 残忍的老板让他的工人们整天工作。 ___________________________________________________________________________________ 3) 班主任让班长他不在时管理班级。 ___________________________________________________________________________________ Keys: 1) When struggling with the competitor, he had his leg broken and had to give up the match. 2) The cruel boss had his employees working all the morning. 3) The head teacher had the monitor manage the whole class when he was absence. 二、课文要点 1 课文词汇等填空（旨在复习本课文中的单词拼写和主要词语等）
根据课文内容完成下面语法填空，注意单词拼写和词语用法： A robot used for housework was tested 1 in a family. He looked like a tall and handsome man with smooth black hair, 2 (speak) in a deep voice. Larry was going to be away from home so he hired such a robot to 3 （陪伴）his wife Claire. Claire didn‘t like the idea at the beginning, but she 4 to it at last. At the first sight of Tony, Claire felt embarrassed. 5 （渐渐地） , Tony began to win Claire‘s trust. He helped Claire realize her dreams 6 making her home elegant, giving her a new haircut, changing the makeup she wore and giving her advice on her dresses. Therefore at the party all she guests 7 were invited were filled with admiration 8 they saw her house was completely changed. 9 the test, the company was satisfied with Tony‘s report because he had successfully made a woman regain her confidence 10 fall in love with him. 答案：1. out 2. speaking 3. accompany 8. when 9. After 10. and 4. agreed 5. Gradually 6. by 7. who
2 课文大意概括 （旨在训练用 30 个单词概括大意的能力） 阅读课文，试着用 30 个单词概括课文大意，再比较答案 在 Clair 家接受测试的机器人 Tony 能帮上她很多忙。Clair 渐渐地爱上了他因为他是如此完美的一 个人。这使得这个机器人不得不再重新组装。 ____________________________________________________________________________________ __________________________________________________________________________ 答案： Tony, a robot which was tested out in Clair‘s family could helped Claire a lot. Claire gradually fell in love with Tony because he was such a perfect man, which caused the robot to be rebuilt. 3 课文佳句背诵与仿写 （旨在培养对难句的理解和运用能力） 1.【原句】He was tall and handsome with smooth hair and a deep voice although his facial expression never changed. 他虽然面部表情毫无变化， 但是个子高大、相貌英俊，头发平整，声音低沉浑厚。 [模仿要点] 描写人物时使用多种修饰语 【模仿 1】她是个善良可爱的小姑娘园园的脸，大大的眼睛，雪白的牙齿，留着波浪般的长发 ______________________________________________________________________________ 答案：She is a kind and lovely girl, with a round face, big eyes, white teeth and long waving hair. 【模仿 2】他是个长相很滑稽的男人，长长的胡须而没有头发 ______________________________________________________________________________ 答案：He is a funny-looking man, with a thick moustache but no hair left. 2.【原句】Also she felt her home wasn't elegant enough for someone like Larry who wanted to improve his social position. 还有对于像拉里这样很想提高社会地位的人来说，她的家也不够高雅。 [模仿要点] A is ＋adj for someone like B who-从句 【模仿 1】对于像他的班长那样想考入名牌大学的人来说，Tom 觉得自己还不够勤奋。 ______________________________________________________________________________ 答案：Tom thinks he himself isn‘t diligent enough for someone like his monitor who wishes to enter a famous university 2 years later. 【模仿 2】对于像他的哥哥那样想成为一名大作家的人来说，John 觉得自己还不够聪明。 ______________________________________________________________________________ 答案：John felt he himself is not clever enough for someone like his brother who wants to be a famous writer. 3.【原句】 Isaac Asimov was American scientist and writer who wrote around 480 books that included mystery stories, science and history books, and even books about the Holy Bible and Shakespeare. 艾萨 克· 阿西莫夫是美国的科学家兼作家，他写过 480 本书，包括怪诞小说，科学和历史方面的书，甚 至还写过有关? 圣经 ? 和莎士比亚的书。 [模仿要点] 句子结构：一个复合句中含有两个定语从句 【模仿 1】卓别林是一位伟大的演员，他饰演了 70 多部电影，其中包括了无声电影和有声电影。 _______________________________________________________________________________ 答案：Chaplin is an outstanding actor who made more than 70 films that include silent films and sound films. 【模仿 2】在过去或将来，这本书都是我们心灵的礼物，它记载了带来欢笑的瞬间和许多催人泪
下的瞬间。 ____________________________________________________________________ 答案：This book is a gift for our soul, which records both the moments that could bring joy and the moments that could bring tears, in the present and the past. 三、单元自测 1 完形填空 阅读下面短文，掌握其大意，然后从 21—30 各题所给的 A、B、C 和 D 项中，选出最佳选项，并在答 题卡上将该项涂黑。 词数：233 完成时间： 14 分钟 难度：*** I consider myself something of an expert on apologies. A quick temper has provided me with plenty of opportunities to make them. In one of my earliest 21 , my mother is telling me, "Don't watch the 22 when you say, ' I'm sorry'. Hold your head up and look the person in the 23 , so he'll know you mean it." My mother thus made the key point of a successful apology: it must be direct. You must never 24 to be doing something else. You do not look through a pile of letters while apologizing to a person 25 in position after blaming him or her for a mistake that turned out to be your fault. You do not apologize to a hostess, whose guest of honor you treat 26 , by sending flowers the next day without mentioning your bad manners. One of the important things you should do for an effective apology is readiness to 27 the responsibility for our careless mistakes. We are used to making excuses, which leaves no 28 for the other person to forgive us. Since most people are open-hearted, the no-excuse apology leaves both parties feeling 29 about themselves. That, after all, is the purpose of every apology. It 30 little whether the apologizer is wholly or only partly at fault: answering for one's actions encourages others to take their share of the blame. 21. A. dreams B. courses C. memories D. ideas 22. A. side B. ground C. wall D. bottom 23. A. mind B. soul C. face D. eye 24. A. pretend B. forget C. refuse D. expect 25. A. poorer B. weaker C. worse D. lower 26. A. cruelly B. freely C. roughly D. foolishly 27. A. raise B. perform C. admit D. bear 28. A. situation B. need C. sign D. room 29. A. wiser B. warmer C. better D. cleverer 30. A. cares B. matters C. depends D. remains [答案解析] 21．C 名词词义辨析。紧接着的就是作者回忆出来的内容。 22．B 与后面提到的―要抬起头‖正好相反。 23．D 道歉时看着对方的眼睛，以示真诚，在这一点上中西方是一样的。 24．A 动词词义辨析。根据常识选定。 25．D 词语搭配。职位一般论的是高、低。 26．C 副词词词义辨析。roughly 此处表示对待客人不礼貌，服务不到位。 27．D 词语搭配。bear the responsibility 承担责任。 28．D 名词词义辨析。leave no room 不留余地。 29．C better 表示―心情更舒畅‖。未找借口的道歉，即真诚的道歉，对方的感觉一定很好。 30．B 道歉者是全部还是部分承担责任这些都不太重要：关键是为所作所为主动负责，这 也能促使别人共同承担责任。 2 语法填空 阅读下面短文，按照句子结构的语法性和上下文连贯的要求，在空格处填入一个适当的词或使用 括号中词语的正确形式填空，并将答案填写在答题卡标号为 31-40 的相应位置上。 词数：147 完成时间：7 分钟 难度：*** The origins of the music are as 31 (interest) as the music itself. Jazz 32 (invent) by American Negroes, or blacks, as they are called today, 33 were brought to the Southern states as slaves. They were sold to farm owners and 34 (force) to work long hours in the cotton and tobacco fields. 35 a Negro died, 36 friends and relatives would gather and carry the body to have a ceremony 37 they buried him. There was always a band with them. On the way to the ceremony the band played slow, solemn music 38 （suit) for the situation. But on the way home the mood changed. Spirits lifted.
Everyone was happy. Death 39 (remove) one of their members, but 40 living were glad to be alive. The band played happy music. This music made everyone want to dance. It was an early form of Jazz. 答案： 31．interesting 32．was invented 33．who 34．forced 35．When 36．his 37．before 38．suitable 39．had removed 40．the 31．interesting．令人有趣的…… 32．was invented. Jazz 是过去被黑人发明的，所以用一般过去时的被动语态。 33．who．引导一个定语从句，指代前面的 American Negroes，or blacks，在从句中作主语。 34．forced．与前面的―they were sold 并列，省略了 they were。 35．When．引导一个时间状语从句。 36．his．根据这句话的最后一个单词 him 可以得知答案。 37．before．仪式是在埋葬死人之前举行的，所以用 before。 38．suitable．(be) suitble for 固定搭配，形容词短语作后置定语，修饰前面的 slow, solemn music。 39．had removed．因为 remove 这个动作发生在过去动作 changed, 1ifted，was happy，were glad 等的前面，所以要过去完成时。 40．the．the 十 adj．表—类人，the living 指―活着的人‖。 3 阅读理解 阅读下列短文，从每题所给的 A、B、C 和 D 项中，选出最佳选项，并在答题卡上将该项涂黑。 词数：335 完成时间：7 分钟 难度：**** A bad Working Memory ( 大脑的工作记忆) – the brain's temporary storage box -- may explain, new research suggests, why one child cannot read his or her history book and another gets lost in math. As many as 10 percent of school-age children may suffer from poor working memory. British researchers said in a report last week, yet the problem is rarely identified. "You can think of working memory as a pure measure of your child's potential. Many psychologists consider working memory to be the new IQ (智商), because we find that working memory is one of the most important predictors (预示物) of learning ability,' said Dr. Tracey Alloway of Britain‘s Durham University. Many children with poor working memory are considered lazy or dull. Working memory allows people to hold in their minds and deal with a few items, such as telephone numbers, over a short period of time. Alloway compares working memory to a box. For adults, the basic box size is thought to be three to five items. It's important, therefore, to put in the right things. Irrelevant (不相关的) information will clutter working memory. The question many researchers are struggling with is how to help children with this problem, which appears to be closely, related to a lack of attention. "In children with learning difficulties, it becomes a huge issue, especially around middle school, when the demands on working memory really grow," said Dr. Mel Levine, co-founder of All Kinds of Minds, a nonprofit organization in North Carolina that studies learning difficulties. Memory training may help improve working memory. Alloway has a tool that allows teachers to assess (评定)the working-memory capacity of children as young as 4; it has been used in 35 schools across Britain. Levine‘s organization trains teachers through a program called Schools Attuned, which is working with several thousand schools across the United States, Canada and Europe. While he is not sure working memory can be expanded, Levine said children can be taught ways to do better in school. 41. Which of the following is a characteristic of working memory? A. It has a limited capacity. B. It is usually better in children than adults. C. It improves with use. D. It can cause a lack of attention. 42. According to the new research, ___________. A. the importance of working memory has been long recognized B. working memory is becoming recognized as a factor in intelligence C. laziness can weaken working memory D. working memory helps people remember things forever 43. What does the underlined word "clutter" in Paragraph 3 probably mean? A. Change. B. Improve. C. Strengthen. D. Confuse. 44. Which of the following may help improve a child' s working memory? A. Expanding the brain' s storage box. B. Training the memory. C. Remembering more things. D. Being reminded frequently.
45. According to the passage, Dr. Mel Levine has ___________. A. invented tools to help improve a child's working memory B. founded an organization to train teachers to help students with this problem C. identified the problem clearly D. compared working memory to a box 答案： 本文介绍了学习障碍儿童（如数学障碍儿童）大脑的 ―工作记忆‖容量方面的研究情况。大脑的―工作 记忆‖不好，会使孩子不能专心读书，百分之十的孩子有这方面的问题。很多心理学家认为应该把大 脑的―工作记忆‖可以看作是一种新智商， 因为它可以反映人的学习能力。 Alloway 把大脑的―工作记忆‖ 比作一个盒子，并认为它的容量是有限的。文章还告诉我们记忆训练可以帮助改善―工作记忆‖。 41. A。 事实细节题。根据第三段中的―Alloway compares working memory to a box. For adults, the basic box size is thought to be three to five items.‖可知人的―工作记忆‖就像一个盒子，它的容量是有限 的。 42. B。 推理判断题。根据第二段的―Many psychologists consider working memory to be the new IQ, because we find that working memory is one of the most important predictors of learning ability‖可知，很多 心理学家认为 working memory 是一种新的智商，因为研究者发现 working memory 是衡量一个人学习 能力的最重要的指标之一，因此可以把它看作是预测孩子智力的一个重要因素。 43. D。 猜测词义题。根据第三段可知人的 working memory 是有限的，因此要去记那些重要的信息， 不相关的信息只会使记忆更加混乱，所以选 D。 44. B。 事实细节题。根据倒数第二段第一句―Memory training may help improve working memory.‖可 知进行记忆训练会有助于改善―工作记忆‖，因此 B 正确。 45. B。 事实细节题。根据最后一段第一句 ―Levine‘s organization trains teachers through a program called Schools Attuned‖可知， Levine 成立一个组织， 这个组织培训老师， 然后让老师们帮助学生改善―工 作记忆‖。 4.读写任务 阅读下面一篇一位美国朋友希望找个中国大学生作为游伴的博客短文，然后按照要求写一篇 150 词 左右的英语短文。 I 'm 19-year-old, named Boobi Smith, a young college student from USA. I hereby earnestly invite a Chinese young college student preferring to make a three -week touring trip with me in China. My plan, based on some travelling information on the Internet, is to set off next weekend when the summer vacation officially begins. The first stop is Kunming, the world-renowned city for its beauty and mild temperature. We'll get there by train and stay there for 2 days, and then we'll head for Jinggangshan, a former revolutionary base as well as a natural beauty spot. After a 3-day visit there, we will take a long-distance coach to a nearby port city by the Changjiang River and board a downstream ship to Shanghai, so that we can enjoy the great scenery alongside the third longest river in the world. As everybody knows, Shanghai is the busiest and fastest developing city in China. I'd like to have a look at its prosperity, so the stay there will be about half a week. A 4-day visit to these two cities near Shanghai is a must. All together, our trip will last about three weeks. I only expect that my travel-mate could split the expenses with me, and talk with me in English, and he or she would be an excellent guide. Those interested please contact me through email (Smith Boobie @ssnet.com). [写作内容] 假如你叫李华，是一名就读大学生。你想和 Boobie 结伴同游。你写一封电子邮件和他联系， 谈谈你对这次同游的计划的打算，内容要点包括： 1．以约 30 个词概括 Boobie 的博客短文的要点； 2．然后以约 120 个词谈谈你对这次同游计划的打算，内容包括： (1)对 Boobie 这次中国之游的感受； (2)对 Boobie 的日程安排、费用分担情况和相关要求表示赞同，并说明赞同理由； (3)你对 Boobie 来华旅游的祝愿和希望。 [写作要求] 1．作文中可使用自己的亲身经历或虚构的故事，也可以参照阅读材料的内容，但不得直接引用 原文中的句子；邮件的开头、结尾已写好。 2．作文中不能出现真实姓名和学校名称。 [评分标准]概括准确，语言规范，内容合适，篇章连贯： [写作辅导] 1．写作有可能用到的主要短语和单词：中国之旅 the journey in China, 安排 arrange for sth． 2． 本文的概要必须包含以下要点： I hereby earnestly invite a Chinese young college student preferring to make a three -week touring trip with me in China. / My plan, based on some traveling information on the
Internet, is to set off next weekend .... / I only expect that my travel-mate could split the expenses with me, and talk with me in English, and he or she would be an excellent guide. 3． 本文要注意， 概要一定要根据文段的时态来写。 同时， 绝对不能抄袭原文的句子。 文章对 Boobie 的日程安排、费用分担情况和相关要求表示赞同，并说明赞同理由；对 Boobie 这次中国之游的感受； 对 Boobie 来华旅游的祝愿和希望等内容，属于评论性文字和结论性的观点，故用一般现在时或一般 将来时态。 Dear Boobie, Hi, I am a Chinese college student. In your blog, _______________________________________________________________________________________ _________ _______________________________________________________________________________________ _________ _______________________________________________________________________________________ _________ _______________________________________________________________________________________ _________ _______________________________________________________________________________________ _________ _______________________________________________________________________________________ _________ 答案: Dear Boohie, Hi, I am a Chinese college student. In your blog, I know that you want a travel-mate who will go with you to have a three-week trip in China.You also offer me some information in details about the travel plan and other requirements about this trip. I am absolutely delighted to get such a travel-mate from the USA. You can enjoy the beauty of our country. Meanwhile, you will be my good helper to my English study. I share your opinion about your plan. I have never been to Kunming, Jianggangshan, the Changjiang River and Shanghai. This is my first trip with a native English speaker to travel in China, which is of great help to improve my English. I also like to share the expenses with you because I don't need to ask my parents for more money. And I have worked as a part-time guide for two years during my college life, so I will be your ideal guide. I am looking forward to your reply, and you will enjoy your journey in China. Yours Truly, LiHua
Unit 3 Under the Sea 一、语言要点 I 单元要点预览（旨在让同学整体了解本单元要点） 词语 1.shore/seaside/beach/coast/bank 2.flee/escape 3. deep/deeply 词 辨析 汇 1. depth n. 深, 深度, deeply adv.深深地 deep adj.& adv. 深的;深入地, 部 词形 分 变化 2. conserve v. 保存, 保藏 conservation v. 保存, 保持
3.vivid adj. 生动的 , 鲜明 vividly adv. 生动地, 鲜明地 的, 活泼的 4. awesome adj. 引起敬畏 awe n. 敬畏 awe vt.敬畏 的, 可怕的 5.tasty adj. 好吃的 , 可口 taste v.品尝; tasteless adj. 没味道的, 无鉴赏 的 n 味道, 味觉 力的 10. annual adj. 每年的；按年度计算的/ n. 年刊；年鉴 11. witness n. 目击者；证人；证据 vt. 当场见到；目击 12. accommodation n. 住所 重点 13. abandon vt. 放弃；遗弃；抛弃 单词 14. reflect vt. 映射；反射 vi. & vt. 思考 15. aware adj. 意识到的；知道的 16. scare vt. 恐吓 vi. 受惊吓 sort out 整理；挑出 重点 help out 帮助……（摆脱困难或危难） ；协助；使……脱离困境 词组 throw oneself out of 跃出 upside down 上下翻转过来 1. It was a time when the killer whales, or ―killers‖ as they were then called, helped the whalers catch the baleen whales that were on their annual migration. 2. I had already heard that George didn‘t like being kept waiting, so even though I 重点句型 didn‘t have the right clothes on, raced after him. 3. I‘m sitting in the warm night air with a cold drink in my hand and reflecting on the day-a day of pure magic! 被动语态（II）(见语法专题) 重点语法 II 词语辨析 (旨在提供完形填空所需材料) 1). shore/seaside/beach/coast/bank n.海边，海岸 【解释】 shore 指海岸，湖岸，也指近海的一带。 seaside 指近海边地区供游客休憩，娱乐的海边。 beach 指海洋或大湖在涨潮时被淹没而退潮时又露出的斜坡，可供人们玩乐，消遣的沙滩，海滩。 coast 以陆地为中心的海岸线 bank 河流的堤，岸 【练习】选择 shore/seaside/beach/coast 或 bank 并用其适当的形式填空 1) Last summer we spent all our holiday at the _______. 2) I enjoy lying on the _______ with sunglasses in the sun. 3) It‘s dangerous for children to play on the _______ of the river. 4) We often see many ships on the sea about several miles off the ______. 5) The land is barren on the east ______. Keys: 1) seaside 2) beach 3) bank 4) shore 5) coast 2). flee/escape v.逃避, 逃跑, 逃走 【解释】 flee 只说明动作，不强调结果。 escape 逃离，结果是成功的。 【练习】选择 flee 或 escape，并用其适当的形式填空 1) The enemy ______ in disorder. 2) Citizens were forced to ______ the besieged city. 3) He narrowly _________ death. Keys: 1) fled 2) flee 3) escaped 3) deep/deeply adv.深深地； 【解释】 deep 表示深地，深处（常用于具体的方面） deeply 常表达抽象含义。 【练习】选择 deep 或 deeply 并用其适当的形式填空 1) The police found out the lost child _______ in the woods at last. 2) All of us were _______ shocked at the bad news. Keys: 1) deep 2)deeply
III 词性变化 （旨在提供语法填空所需材料） 1. depth n. 深, 深度, deeply adv.深深地 2. conserve v. 保存, 保藏 3.vivid adj. 生动的, 鲜明的, 活泼的 4. awesome adj. 引起敬畏的, 可怕的 5.tasty adj. 好吃的, 可口的 conservation v. 保存, 保持 vividly adv. 生动地, 鲜明地 awe n. 敬畏 taste v.品尝; n 味道, 味觉
deep adj.& adv. 深的;深入地,
awe vt.敬畏 tasteless adj. 没味道的, 无鉴赏力的
【练习】根据句子结构，用括号内所提供词的适当形式填空 1) The lake is over 20 meters in _____ so we were all moved ______ by the man who dived _______ into the lake to save the little boy. (deep) 2) I ____ remember the girl dressed in ______ color he drew in the exhibition.(vivid) 3) Anyone who launches a war is ______ and is _______ by people who love peace all around the world. (awe) 4) The _______ of energy will help us research the way to save and _______ the energy. (conserve) 5) Though the soup is _______, I‘ve lost my sense of ______ and it ____just like ______water.(taste) keys:1) depth; deeply; deep 2) vividly; vivid 3) awesome; awed 4) conservation; conserve 5) tasty; taste; tastes; tasteless IV 重点词汇 （旨在提供综合运用所需材料） 1. annual adj. 每年的；按年度计算的/ n. 年刊；年鉴 [重点用法] annually adv. 年年地, 每年地 [典例] 1) an annual income. 年收入 2) an annual report 年度报告 3) Premier Wen Jiabao noted that the two most important problems would be previous to anything else in the government annual report.温家宝总理在政府年度报告中指出要优先解决这两大问 题。 [练习] 汉译英 1) 为加深理解，我们愿意与国外友人交换学校年鉴。 2) 工人们的年收入增加了 250 元。 Keys: 1) To have a better understanding, we would like to exchange the school annual with the foreign friends. 2) The wage of workers makes an annual increase of 250 yuan this year. 2. witness n. 目击者；证人；证据 vt. 当场见到；目击 [典例] 1) He is the witness to the accident. 事故的目击者 2) This old auditorium has witnessed many ceremonies. 这个古老的礼堂内举行过许多次典礼 [重点用法] give witness on behalf of sb. 为某人作证 [练习] 汉译英 1) 没有人能证明他在场。 _______________________________________________________________________________ ____ 2) 这些事实证明了他的粗心。 _______________________________________________________________________________ ____ 3) 她替被告作证。 _______________________________________________________________________________ ____ Keys: 1) None could witness that he was present. 2)These facts are a witness to his carelessness. 3)She gave witness on behalf of the accused person. 3. accommodation 住所 [重点用法]
accommodate v. 向...提供, 容纳, 调和; 适应 accommodation address 临时通讯处 accommodation allowance 膳宿津贴 [典例] 1) The high cost of accommodation makes life difficult for students in London． 由于住宿费用昂贵，伦敦的学生感到生活困难。 2) The university offers excellent accommodation for summer visitors． 这所大学为夏季来访者提供了很好的住宿。 [练习] 汉译英 1) 我们今晚能找到旅馆住宿吗? _______________________________________________________________________________ ____ 2) 这间旅馆可以容纳 500 多人住宿。 _______________________________________________________________________________ ____ Keys: 1)Can we find accommodations at a hotel for tonight? 2)This hotel can accommodate more than 500 guests. 4. abandon vt. 放弃；遗弃；抛弃 n．放任, 狂热 [重点用法] abandon oneself to sth./doing sth. 沉溺于 abandon …to sb． 把……舍弃给… with abandon 放任地；放纵地；纵情地 [典例] 1) They abandoned all hope of finding an effective way to solve the problem． 他们放弃了寻找有效方法解决问题的所有希望。 2) We should keep off those who abandon themselves to drugs．我们要远离那些吸毒成瘾的人。 3) Don't waste the food left, and abandon it to the dog． 不要浪费剩下的食物， 把它舍弃给狗吃。 [练习]根据括号里所给的汉语补全句子。 1) After the victory，the soldiers sang and danced_____________________(纵情地). 2) (这项方案的放弃)_________________ resulted from lack of enough money. 3) During the Second World War，millions of people throughout the world________(离弃家园) 4) _______________________ (不要悲观失望)though in great difficulty. Keys: 1) with abandon 2) The abandon of the project 3) abandoned their homes. 4) Do not abandon yourself to despair 5. reflect vt. 映射；反射 vi. & vt. 思考 [重点用法] reflection n． 反射；反映；思考；沉思 reflective adj．反射的；反映的；沉思的 reflect on v. 思考，反省 [典例] 1) Her severe look reflected how she really felt．她那冷峻的神情反映出她心中的真正感受。 2) Mirrors reflect light．镜子能反射光线。 3) I reflected on possible reasons for my failure．我仔细考虑导致我失败的种种原因。 [练习]用 reflect 的相关介词或正确形式填空. 1)The moon appears a _______ surface of the lake． 2)After a minute's _____，he answered． 3)The plan ________ which he reflected was ridiculous． 4)The problems ________ at discussion are to be dealt at tomorrow‘s meeting. Keys: 1) reflective 2)reflection 3)on 4) reflected 6. aware adj. 意识到的；知道的 [重点用法] unaware 不察觉的, 不知道的 awareness n. 知道, 晓得 be／become aware of sth．意识到某事 be aware that-clause 知道……；意识到……
make sb．aware that-clause 提醒某人注意…… make sb．aware of…让某人注意到…… [典例] 1) He wasn't aware of the danger．他没有意识到危险。 2) Is she aware that I'm coming? 她知道我要来吗? 注意：aware 后跟名词性从句时，一般在从句前不能用 of，但在 what 从句前必须用 of。 [练习] 用恰当的介词或 aware 恰当的词性填空。 1) Also when you write your goals in a particular way you are able to make yourself continuously aware ______ situations that will bring you nearer to your goal． 2)The principal didn‘t seem to be aware_______ there should have been so much dispute about the decision． 3) Health officials throughout the world have tried to make people raise______ about AIDS. 4) Mike seems______ of the trouble he‘s causing, otherwise he would stop it． Keys: 1) of 2) that 3)awareness 4)unaware 7. scare vt. 恐吓 vi. 受惊吓 [重点用法] scaring adj．令人害怕的；吓人的 scared adj． 受惊吓的；感到害怕的 be scared of…(=be afraid of) 遇到…(某种事物或行为)而害怕 be scared to do．· · (=be afraid to do)不敢做…… be scared to death 吓死了 [典例] 1) You scared me by coming in so quietly． 你这么悄悄地进来吓了我一跳。 2) Most girls are scared to light the firework.大多女孩不敢放烟花。 [练习] 汉译英 1) 听到枪声，那个贼吓得要死。 _______________________________________________________________________________ ____ 2) 他容易受惊吓。 _______________________________________________________________________________ ____ Keys: 1) The thief was scared to death when hearing the gunshot. 2) He scares easily． V 重点词组 （旨在提供综合运用所需材料） 1. sort out 整理；挑出; 解决(问题／困难) [短语归纳] sort through 查看并挑选出 put away 把……存放好 [典例] 1) I've sorted out the papers that can be thrown away．我已经把那些可以扔掉的报纸整理出来 了。 2) We've got a few lime problems to sort out．我们有几个小问题要解决。 3) He was sorting through a pile of papers on his desk 他在整理桌上的一堆文件。 [练习] 汉译英 1) 他从相片中挑出自己的，并把它们放到相册中。 2) 放学了，把书本收好。 Keys: 1) He sorted his own photos out from others and kept them in a album. 2) After school, put away your books. 2. help out 帮助……（摆脱困难或危难） ；协助；使……脱离困境 [短语归纳] help sb with sth 帮助某人做某事 with the help of 在...的帮助下, 借助 help oneself to 请随便自己动手(夹菜吃、用……等) can't help doing sth 禁不住 can't help but do sth 只得；不得不 [典例] 1) Can you help me out with the maths problem? 你能帮我解出这道数学题吗?
2) Please help yourself to some fish．随便吃点鱼。 3) She can't help laughing．她忍不住大笑起来。 4) I can't help but wait．我只得等。 [练习] 汉译英 1)在老师和同学们的帮助下，小明终于摆脱了爱打电子游戏的习惯。 _______________________________________________________________________________ ____ 2)地震中，许多家长不得不眼睁睁地看着他们的孩子埋在废墟中。 _______________________________________________________________________________ ____ Keys: 1)With the help of the teacher and his classmates, xiaoming managed to help himself out of his problem with computer games. 2) In the earthquake, many parents couldn‘t help but leave their children in the ruin . 3. throw oneself out of 跃出 [典例] 1) The man suddenly threw himself out of the water and said―I'm here'‘。那个人突然跃出水面说 ―我在这儿‖。 [短语归纳] throw oneself at 冲向 throw oneself into 投身手；积极从事 throw away 扔掉 throw up 呕吐 throw sb into prison 把某人投入监狱； throw at 对准向……扔去(希望击中)； throw to 向……(方向)扔去 [练习] 汉译英 1）休息了一会后，他重新投入了救援工作。 _______________________________________________________________________________ ____ 2）你可以帮他把书传给他，但向别人投掷书本是不对的。 _______________________________________________________________________________ ____ Keys: 1) After a short rest, he threw himself into rescuing again. 2) You can help him to throw this book to him but it‘s wrong to throw books at others. 4. upside down 上下翻转过来 [短语归纳] inside out 里面翻转过来的 [典例] 1) The naughty child is always turning everything in the room upside down． 这淘气的孩子老是把房问的东西搞得乱七八糟。 2) He wore the sweatshirt inside out．他当时把运动衫反过来穿。 [练习] 汉译英 1）你把那幅画挂颠倒了！ _______________________________________________________________________________ _____ 2）春节期间，中国人喜欢将―福‖字倒过来挂 _______________________________________________________________________________ _____ Keys: 1) You‘ve hung that picture upside down! 2) In the Spring Festival, Chinese people would like to hang the character fu upside down. VI 重点句子 （旨在提供句子结构等所需材料） 1. It was a time when the killer whales, or ―killers‖ as they were then called, helped the whalers catch the baleen whales that were on their annual migration. 那个时期，虎鲸（当时被称为―杀手‖）帮助捕鲸人在每年须鲸迁徙时捕捉须鲸。 [解释]It was/is a time when 曾经一度（那时）
[典例] 1) It was a time when motorcars were rare. 那是汽车很罕见的时代。 2) It was a time when she could not bear the pain and wanted to kill herself. 她曾经无法忍受病痛，想结束自己的生命。 [练习] 汉译英 1) 曾经没人能理解我的计划和雄心。 _______________________________________________________________________________ ____ 2) 现在这一社区的人们相互帮助，和谐相处。 _______________________________________________________________________________ ____ Keys: 1)It was a time when no one could understand my plan and ambition. 2)It is a time when people in the community would like to help each other and live harmoniously. 2. I had already heard that George didn‘t like being kept waiting, so even though I didn‘t have the right clothes on, raced after him. 我早就听说过，乔治不喜欢等人，所以尽管我还没穿上捕鲸该穿的衣服，还是跟在他背后跑 了起来。 [解释]even though=even if 即使，即便（引导让步状语从句） [典例] 1) We won‘t give up even if we should ten times.即便我们失败十次，我们也不会失败。 2) Even though you may lose the chance of meeting your friend, you can not miss the meeting this afternoon. 即使你可能会失去会见朋友的机会， （但是你）也不能错过下午的会议。 [练习] 汉译英 1） 即便你无路可走，你也不能任由自己放弃自己的目标。 _______________________________________________________________________________ ____ 2） 尽管他已经说了很多遍―对不起‖，他的女朋友还是不愿意原谅他。 _______________________________________________________________________________ ____ Keys: 1) You should not resign yourself to giving up your goal, even though you may no way to go. 2)Even though he has said ―sorry‖for many times, his girl friend would not forgive him. 3. I‘m sitting in the warm night air with a cold drink in my hand and reflecting on the day-a day of pure magic! 我坐在温暖的夜空下，手里拿着一瓶冷饮，回忆着当天的事情---这可是奇妙至及的一天。 [解释]with+宾语+宾语补足语 在句中充当状语，表伴随，原因等 [典例] 1) The teacher came in with a thick book in her hand.老师走了进来，手里拿着一本厚厚的书。 2) With a local villager leading the way, we found his house easily. 有当地村民带路，我们很容易就找到了他家。 3) With a lot of problems to solve, the newly-elected president felt like a cat on hot bricks. 由于有很多问题急待解决，新当选的总统急得像热锅上的蚂蚁。 [练习] 汉译英 1）我睡觉时喜欢开着窗。 _______________________________________________________________________________ ____ 2）妈妈讲着故事，小孩很快就睡着了。 _______________________________________________________________________________ ____ Keys: 1) With her mother telling stories, the child could fall asleep soon. 2) I like to sleep with the window open. 二、课文要点
1 课文词汇等填空（旨在复习本课文中的单词拼写和主要词语等） 根据课文内容完成下面语法填空，注意单词拼写和词语用法： 1 the morning of 19th January I went snorkeling. 2 (see) such extraordinary beauty, I thought every cell in my body woke up and 3 was like discovering a whole new dimension of life. During the trip, I first became aware of the vivid colors 4 (围绕) me and the fantastic corals, in and around 5 all kinds of elegant fish 6 (be) swimming among them. 7 there are still something 8 made me feel 9 (害怕). For example, I didn‘t want to get close to the eel, the giant clam and the grey reef sharks, for they made me scared to death 10 a moment. 答案： 1. On 2. seeing 3. it 4. surrounding 5. which 6. were 7. But 8. that 9. frightened 10. for 2 课文大意概括 （旨在训练用 30 个单词概括大意的能力） 阅读课文，试着用 30 个单词概括课文大意，再比较答案 这个故事是有关捕鲸人的忠实朋友 Old Tom 的故事。它帮助捕鲸者捕猎鲸鱼和在危难的时刻 保护他们。 ________________________________________________________________________________ ______________________________________________________________________________ 答案：The passage is the stories of Old Tom , the devoted friend of whalers. It helped the whalers to catch whales and how it protected and saved them in times of danger. 3 课文佳句背诵与仿写 （旨在培养对难句的理解和运用能力） 1.【原句】It was a time when the killer whales, or ―killers‖ as they were then called, helped the whalers catch the baleen whales that were on their annual migration. 在那个时期， 杀人鲸， 正如当 时他们被称呼的，帮助捕鲸者捕杀在每年迁移途中的须鲸。 （本文中同类句 I thought, at the time, that this was just a story but then I witnessed it with my own eyes many times. 当时我以为只是一个故事罢了，但是后来我亲眼见过多次。 ） [模仿要点] 句子结构: 句子成分插入语， 【模仿 1】在十九世纪早期，广州，正如西方世界所知道的，是世界最出名的港口之一。 ______________________________________________________________________________ 答案：By the early 19th Century, Guangzhou ，as it was known in the English-speaking world ， was one of the world's leading ports. 【模仿 2】使我们感到惊奇的是，他所做的和他所说的没有任何联系。 _____________________________________________________________________________ 答案：What he did , to our surprise, had nothing to do with what he said. 【模仿 3】他有了一个新的发现，我认为那对科学来说是非常重要的。 _______________________________________________________________________________ 答案：He made another wonderful discovery, which I think is of great importance to science. 三、单元自测 1 完形填空 阅读下面短文，掌握其大意，然后从 21—30 各题所给的 A、B、C 和 D 项中，选出最 佳选项，并在答题卡上将该项涂黑。 词数：159 完成时间： 13 分钟 难度：*** Globalcall Communications has grown from a telecommunications solutions provider for local businesses in the greater Seattle metropolitan area to a truly global corporation providing telecommunications solutions for clients both large and small. Established to 21 a significant market gap for simple communication solutions, the company first 22 to most major North American cities before becoming a major multinational player. 23 , the company is extending operations to include voice over IP, as well as high-speed cable Internet access. Globalcall Communications team includes more than 40, 000 specialists worldwide in more than 20 countries on three 24 . Next year we will see the deployment (分配) of a third 25 wireless communications network in Asian countries. The future looks 26 for Globalcall Communications. By 2005 the company will be 27 more than 15 million households and businesses 28 . Globalcall Communications will have become a famous word. We look forward to serving clients and are planning to do everything in our 29 to make sure that your communication future is unlimited and 30 .
21. A. fill B. fall C. fit D. follow 22. A. enlarged B. expanded C. grew D. increased 23. A. Shortly B. Soon C. Presently D. Previously 24. A. cities B. countries C. lands D. continents 25. A. generation B. period C. type D. kind 26. A. happy B. bright C. shining D. sparkling 27. A. serving B. helping C. supporting D. supplying 28. A. earthly B. locally C. worldly D. globally 29. A. power B. control C. energy D. force 30. A. complex B. simple C. concrete D. common 答案： 21 . A. 填补一个巨大的市场空缺。 22．B．首先在北美几个大城市扩展。 23．C. 目前公司正在扩充业务。 24．D．世界范围之内三大洲的专家。 25．A. 第三代无信通信网络。 26．B．Globalcall Communications 公司前途光明。 27．A. 到 2005 年公司将为全球范围内超过 l，500 万的家庭和公司服务。 28．D． 29．A. 尽我们的能力确保您的未来的通信通畅无阻。 30．B．并且简便。 2 语法填空 阅读下面短文， 按照句子结构的语法性和上下文连贯的要求， 在空格处填入一个适当的 词或使用括号中词语的正确形式填空，并将答案填写在答题卡标号为 31-40 的相应位置上。 词数：161 完成时间：8 分钟 难度：*** Mr. Smith works in an office. He's very busy and has 31 time to have a good rest. Every evening, 32 he comes back from work, he's always tired and wants to go to bed early. 33 his wife often has a lot of interesting things 34 (tell) him after supper. She doesn't stop talking 35 she falls asleep, but it's usually very late and Mr. Smith has to get up on time in the morning when she is 36 (sleep). One day the man felt terrible 37 couldn't go to work. He decided to go to see a doctor. Mrs. Smith went to the hospital with him. Before her husband could say 38 was the matter with him, the woman 39 (tell)the doctor everything. The doctor looked over Mr. Smith and then gave medicine to 40 Mr. and Mrs. Smith. He said to Mrs. Smith, "They are sleeping pills. When you take the pills, your husband will be all right." 答案： 31．no／little 32．when 33．But 34．to tell 35．until 36．asleep／sleeping 37．and 38．what 39．had told 40．both 31．no／little has no / little time= doesn't have any time／hasn‘t any time,no 是形容词。 32．when，考查由 when 引导的时间状语从句。 33．But，此处表转折关系。 34．to tell 考查 have something to do 的结构。 35．until，until 引导的时间状语从句，表―直到……才……‖ 36．asleep／sleeping．be asleep／sleeping 表状态。 37．and，表并列关系。 38．what，what was the matter with him 是固定搭配。 39．had told，考查动词的过去完成时态。 40．both，both…and…是固定结构，表―……和……都，两者……都……‖ 3 阅读理解 阅读下列短文，从每题所给的 A、B、C 和 D 项中，选出最佳选项，并在答题卡上将该 项涂黑。 词数：310 完成时间：7 分钟 难度：*** In 1983 a presidential committee warned that, "The educational foundations of our society are presently threatening our very future as a nation." More than two decades later, that report, A Nation at Risk, is still suitable for the current situation. America's schools are failing us. They're not preparing enough young people to succeed in the
21st century. Standardized test scores show that student achievement is quite low. But those scores don't tell the whole story of this rising crisis. Consider these: * Nearly 30 percent of students don't graduate from high school. * 40 percent of college freshmen need remedial classes (辅导班) because they are unprepared. * While U.S. grade-schoolers outrank ( 等级 高于 ) many of their international peers, high-scholars don't do so well. Sadly, more and more young adults aren't ready for college or work -- or for life. They're not getting the skills to compete in today's rapidly developing "knowledge economy'' even as other countries grow more competitive. By standing still, we're falling behind. So, a good first step would be to lift our expectations for what each child is capable of learning. A solid second step would be to adopt national education standards that emphasize main studies -math, science, English and history -- and measure results with national testing. In an age when learning a technique requires as much intelligence as understanding a textbook, all students need the same base of knowledge, whether they will go off to college or not. And a third step is to give vocational (职业的) training. Not everyone should be on the college track -- and a strong vocational teaching system might just lower the 30% high school dropout (辍 学) rate. No single solution -- higher standards, charter schools (特许学校), merit pay (记功付酬) for teachers – can magically solve our educational problems. What we need is a systematic, national plan that combines the smartest reforms and takes brave risks. 41. According to the author's opinion, we can conclude that ___________. A. the report, A Nation at Risk, only reflected the previous educational situation in America B. the American educational system was considered to secure the nation's future during the past twenty years C. the 1983 report is, to some degree, too old to describe the present educational situation well D. in view of the present educational situation, American basic education doesn't function well 42. The author's attitude toward America's schools is that of ____________. A. unconcern B. dissatisfaction C. tolerance D. sympathy 43. Through the passage, the author wants to tell us that________. A. the problems of the present America's schools are very different from those of two decades ago B. if the financial problems are solved, the problems of America‘s schools will disappear C. varieties of schools should be built to solve the problems of America‘s schools D. proper strategies and reforms are needed in the course of solving the problems 44. National education standards emphasize the importance of _____________. A. main basic subjects in schools B. learning a technique C. the ability to understand D. the same base of knowledge 45. What is the passage mainly about? A. Emerging crisis in America‘s schools. B. Solving American education problems. C. Educational foundation of American society. D. The importance of adopting national educational standards. 答案： 美国社会的教育基础可能会对国家的未来构成威胁，这是 1983 年得出的结论，然而它 仍然适用于二十多年后的现在的美国。 本文介绍了美国教育令人担忧的现状， 还提出了一些 解决方法。 41. D。 细节理解题。根据第二段的―America‘s schools are failing us. They‘re not preparing enough young people to succeed in the 21st century.‖可知美国的教育并没有发挥很好 的作用，因此选 D。 42. B。 观点态度题。 根据第二段第一句―America‘s schools are failing us.‖可知， 作者对美国 的学校并不满意，因此选 B 项。 43. D。 细节理解题。根据文章最后一句话―What we need is a systematic, national plan that combines the smartest reforms and takes brave risks.‖可知在解决美国教育中的问题的 过程中是需要一些适当的策略和改革的。选项 D 正确。
44. A。 细节理解题。 根据第五段中―national educational standards that emphasize main studies — math, science, English and history‖可知是强调了学校里主要学科的重要性，因此 选 A。 45. B。 主旨大意题。 本文主要讲述了美国学校教育存在的问题并提供了一些解决问题的办 法。 4. 基础写作 有外商来某工业区(Industrial Development Zone)参观访问，请你陪同他们参观，并用英 语向他们介绍开发区的情况，介绍如下： 1．开发区占地 20 平方公里，有 8 家工厂和 5 个仓库。 2．位于珠江河畔，东临 101 国道，离市区只有 20 分钟汽车路程。 ． 3．水电供应齐全，管理服务优良。 4．工业区还将扩大，双方均会受益。 (写作要求] 1．开头已经为你写好，不计入句数。 2．用 5 个句子写这篇短文。 Ladies and gentlemen， You are welcome to our Industrial Development Zone ．Now let me give you a brief introduction to the zone． _______________________________________________________________________________ _________________ _______________________________________________________________________________ _________________ _______________________________________________________________________________ _________________ _______________________________________________________________________________ _________________ _______________________________________________________________________________ _________________ _______________________________________________________________________________ _________________ 答案: Ladies and gentlemen, You are welcome to our Industrial Development Zone. Now let me give you a brief introduction to the zone. Our zone covers an area of 20 square kilometers and there are eight factories and five store houses in it. It lies by the Pearl River and Highway 101 runs past on its east. It is only twenty minutes' drive from here to the downtown. Power and water here are well supplied. The management and service are excellent. Our zone is to be enlarged and you are welcome to start factories in this zone. I'm sure that will do good to both of us. Unit 4 Sharing 一、语言要点 I 单元要点预览（旨在让同学整体了解本单元要点） 词语 1. imaginative/imaginable/imaginary 2. dry up/dry out 辨析 3. other wise/therefore/however 1. operate v. 操作, 动手术 operator n. 操 作 员 , operation n. 运转 , 操作 , 实 (电话)接线员, 施 词 2. donate v. 捐赠, 赠予 donation n. 捐赠品, 捐款, 贡献 汇 词形 3. arrange v. 安排, 排列, arrangement n. 排列, 安排 部 变化 4. adjust v. 调整 , 调节 adjustable adj. 可调整 adjustment n. 调整, 调节, 调 分 的 节器 5.participate v. 参与,分享, participant n. 参与者, participation n. 分享, 参与 重点 17. adjust vt.&vi.调整；使适合. 单词 18. participate vi.参与；参加.
19. otherwise adv.用别的方法；其他方面. Adv & conj.否则；不然 20. arrangement n.安排；排列. 21. donate vt.捐赠. 22. purchase vt.&n.买；购买. 23. distribution n.分配；分发；分布状态. 24. relevant adj. 有关的, 相应的 25. operate v. 操作, 运转, 开动, 起作用 重点 (be) dying to. 极想；渴望. the other day 几天前 词组 stick out. 伸出 in need. 在困难中；在危急中. 1. When I reach the school grounds there are lots of ―good morning‖ for me from the boys. 重点句型 2. You asked whether I‘m getting to know any local people. 3. The gift covers the cost of exercise books and textbooks for community primary schools that operate in poor or remote villages. 限制性定语从句 (见语法专题) 重点语法 II 词语辨析 (旨在提供完形填空所需材料) 1). imaginative/imaginable/imaginary adj. 【解释】 imaginative 富有想象力的，创新的 imaginable 可想象得到的 imaginary 想象中的，虚构的 【练习】选择 imaginative/imaginable 或 imaginary 并用其适当的形式填空 1) Although the main characters in the novel are so true to life, they are _______. 2) It‘s _______ for such an _______ writer to create _______ stories. 3) This is the only solution _________. 4) The famous poem was from an ______ poet. Keys: 1) imaginary 2) imaginable; imaginative ; imaginary 3) imaginable 4) imaginative 2). dry up/dry out 【解释】 dry up 使完全变干； （河流，湖泊等）干涸 dry out 变干，干透(不及物短语) 【练习】选择 dry up 或 dry out，并用其适当的形式填空 1) The farmers pumped water to their fields to stop the soil ________. 2) The pool ________ in the late autumn. 3) The villagers had to wait for the sun to _________ the dirt road. 4) Don‘t leave the vegetable on the table, or it will ________. Keys: 1) drying out 2) dries up 3) dry up 4)dry out 3) otherwise/therefore/however 【解释】 otherwise 否则；不然 therefore adv.因此, 所以 however 无论如何, 可是 【练习】选择 otherwise/therefore 或 however 并用其适当的形式填空 1) He didn't work hard at English_______ he wouldn't find it difficult to learn now． 2) We do not have enough money．_________we cannot afford to buy the new car． 3) The first part was easy；the second，________，took hours． 4) He is noisy， but ________a nice boy． 5) We were going to play football，but it was so hot that we decided to do_____________． Keys: 1)otherwise 2)Therefore 3)however 4) otherwise 5)otherwise III 词性变化 （旨在提供语法填空所需材料） 1. operate v. 操作, 动手术 operator n. 操作员, (电话)接线员,
operation n. 运转, 操作, 实施
2. donate v. 捐赠, 赠予 3. arrange v. 安排, 排列, 4. adjust v. 调整, 调节
donation n. 捐赠品, 捐款, 贡献 arrangement n. 排列, 安排 adjustable adj.可调整的
adjustment n. 调整, 调节, 调节器
5.participate v. 参与,分享, participant n. 参与者, participation n. 分享, 参与 【练习】根据句子结构，用括号内所提供词的适当形式填空 1) They encouraged the _______ to _______ in the singing performance after the contest..(participate) 2) The doctor are ________ on an ______ of a factory who got injured when _______a machine, and the ________ is said to last over ten hours.(operate) 3) The seats in the plane are ________ , and you can ________ them to a certain angle. The ______ is not difficult to make. (adjust) 4) The drinks were ________ to them by coca cola company and they received _______from other companies as well. (donate) 5) Our department will be in charge of _______the conference. Would you please give us some suggestions on the _______ for it? (arrange) keys:1) participants; participate 2) operating; operator; operating ; operation 3) adjustable; adjust; adjustment 4) donated; donation 5) arranging; arrangement IV 重点词汇 （旨在提供综合运用所需材料） 1. adjust vt.&vi.调整；使适合. [重点用法] adjustment n． 调整；修正 adjustable adj． 可调节的；可调整的 adjust(sth．／oneself)(to sth．)使适应；适应。 注意：该词作不及物动词时，其意思是―适应于‖，后常跟介词 to。 [典例] 1) I usually adjust my watch before I go to work in the morning．我通常早上上班前校准我的表. 2) It seems that the newcomers have adjusted themselves in the schoo1． 新来的同学看来适应了学校生活。 3) He adjusted himself very quickly to the heat of the country． 他使自己很快适应了这个国家炎热的气候。 4)The desks and seats can be adjusted to the height of any child． 这些桌子和凳子能被调整到适合任何孩子的高度。 [练习] 汉译英 1) 他很快就适应了这种生活方式，从此幸福地生活着。 _______________________________________________________________________________ ____ 2) 许多新兵没能很快适应军中生活，结果病倒了。 _______________________________________________________________________________ ____ Keys: 1) He soon adjusted himself to the way of life and has lived happily ever since． 2) Quite a few new soldiers could not adjust themselves to army life and fell ill. 2. participate vi.参与；参加; 分享 [重点用法] participant n. 参与者，共享者 participate in a discussion 参加讨论 participate in profits 分享利润 participate in sb. ‘s sufferings 分担某人的痛苦；与某人共患难 [典例] 1) If only I could participate in your good fortune. 要是我能分享你的好运就好了 2) When in grief, you need some friends to participate in your suffering.悲伤时，你需要朋友帮你 分担痛苦。 [练习]根据括号里所给的中文意思补全句子。 1) I managed to get in touch with my old schoolmates graduated in 2003 _________ (参加校庆 100 周年) 2) If only_____________________________________(分享你的好运).
3) He is an ___________________________________ (积极参加社会活动的人). Keys: 1)to participate in the hundredth anniversary of schoo1 Day of our high schoo1．2)I could participate in your good fortune 3)active participant in social work 3. otherwise adv.用别的方法；其他方面. adv & conj.否则；不然\ [重点用法] and otherwise 等等；其他 but otherwise 然而在别的方面却 or otherwise 或相反 [典例] 1) He is slow but otherwise he is a good worker．他虽慢，但在其他方面却是个好工人。 2) He reminded me of that; I should otherwise have forgotten． 幸亏他提醒了我，要不然我就忘了。 3) You should go now，otherwise you'll miss the bus．你现在该走了，否则就赶不上公共汽车了。 4) He thinks otherwise．他是另外一种想法。 [练习] 汉译英 1) 今天我身体不舒服，否则我会去机场接你了。 2) 房租贵了些，但其他方面还挺令人满意的。 3) 我们得到达那儿，搭乘飞机或者其它方式。 Keys: 1) I‘m not feeling well today; otherwise I would meet you at the airport. 2) The rent is a bit high, but otherwise the house is satisfactory. 3) We‘ll get there somehow, by plan or otherwise. 4. arrangement n.安排；排列. [典例] 1) He arranged the books on the shelf．他把书架上的书整理了一下。 2) We have arranged a party．我们准备了一个晚会。 3) Arranged with her to meet at 8．和她商定 8 点钟见面。 [重点用法] arrange v．安排, 排列, 协商 come to an arrangement 谈妥；达成协议 make arrangement for 为……做好准备；为……做好安排 make arrangement with sb．与(某人)商定或约好，(和某人)达成协议；做好准备；做出安排 [练习]根据括号里所给的中文意思补全句子。 1) The secretary has _____________ (为这次会议时间和地点做好了安排)the meeting． 2) The flower shop provided flowers and saw to _______________________________. (这花店提供花卉并保证为他们的典礼作好布置。) 3) The doctors had _______________(为外科手术做好了准备) before the patient was carried in． Keys: 1) made the arrangement of a time and place for 2) their arrangement for the ceremony 3)made arrangements for surgery 5. donate vt.捐赠. [重点用法] donation n．[C]捐赠物；n．[U]捐赠，赠送 donator n．捐赠者 donate sth．(to sb．／sth．)捐赠，赠送(钱、物等) make a donation(donations)l 提示：donate 虽然是及物动词，常与介词 to 搭配，但位于直接宾语前的介词 to 不能省略。类 似用法 的词语还有：introduce sb．to sb． ；explain sth．to sb．等。 [典例] 1) All the teachers and schoolmates donate blood to the nation annually． 全校师生每年都向国家献血。 2) Would you like to make a donation to our charity appeal? 你愿意响应我们慈善团体呼吁来捐物吗? 3) Donation is the act of giving to a fund or cause．捐赠是对某一基金或事业的赠送行为。 [练习]用 donate 的相关介词或正确形式填空。 1)The Hope Project_____ which everyone at work donates a day‘s pay is significant． 2)Almost a third of the best seats are set aside for members，who have made_____ to the opera．
3)The activity of charity______ is due at 8 tomorrow morning． 4)The_____ refused his name after______ a large sum of money. (donate) Keys: 1)to 2)donations 3)donation 4)donator; donating 6. purchase vt.& n.买；购买; (以某种代价)换得；(经过努力)取得，赢得(常与 with 连用) [典例] 1) The new couple spent some money on the purchase of the furniture necessary for their new house．这对 新婚夫妇花费了一些钱购买新房子里必需的家具。 2) The farm was sold at ten years‘ purchase. 这农场以相当于 10 年间土地收入的价钱售出。 [重点用法] made a purchase 买件东西 leave sb．to his purchase 让某人自谋生路 live on one's purchase 自谋生计，自找活路 purchase freedom with blood 以血的代价赢得自由 purchase and sale 买卖 [练习]根据括号里所给的中文意思补全句子。 1) It is __________________________________(我前几天买来的一件东西。). 2) You can't_________________________________(你不努力什么也不能得到). 3) He gave his son some money______________________ (买课本)． Keys: 1)a recent purchase of mine／what I purchased the other day 2)get any purchase without efforts／purchase anything if you don't make any effort 3)for the purchase of／to purchase his school books 7. distribution n.分配；分发；分布状态. [重点用法] distribute v. vi. 分配; 散布 distribute sth. to 把某物分[配, 发]给... distribute sth. among 把某物分[配, 发]给... [典例] 1) At present, the distribution of profits cannot satisfy most of the people. 目前利润的分配未能满足大多数人民。 2) Before the opening ceremony of the super-market, some workers are sent to distribute handbills on the street.超市开业前，一些工作人员被派去街上散发传单。 [练习] 汉译英 1) 幼儿园的老师正在给小朋友们派发礼物。 _______________________________________________________________________________ ____ 2）救援物资的发放依然在讨论中。 _______________________________________________________________________________ ____ Keys: 1) The teacher in the kindergarten is distributing the small gifts to the children. 2) The distribution of the rescuing goods is under discussion. 8. relevant adj. 有关的, 相应的 [典例] 1) More relevant details have been found out.找到了更多有关的细节 2) He refused to say anything not relevant to the present question 他拒绝回答和目前的问题无关的 内容。 [练习] 汉译英 1) 要了解更多信息，请登陆相关网站。 ________________________________________________________________________________ ______ 2) 你有关于健康饮食的书吗？ ________________________________________________________________________________ ______
Keys: 1) For further information, please refer to relevant website. 2) Have you got any book relevant to healthy diet? 9. operate v. 操作, 运转, 开动, 起作用 [典例] 1) The medicine operated quickly.这药很快就起作用了。 2) He is operating a patient on the head 他正在给病人头部做手术 3) He helped his father with operating a business.他帮他的父亲经营着一家企业 [练习] 汉译英 1) 起初发动机工作正常. 2) 这家公司在 30 多个国家开了快餐店。 3) 时下许多小孩擅长于操作电脑。 Keys: 1) At the beginning, the motor operated smoothly. 2) The company operates fast-food restaurants in over 30 countries. 3) Nowadays many kids are good at operating computers. V 重点词组 （旨在提供综合运用所需材料） 1. be dying for sth／to do sth 迫切想要；渴望 [短语归纳] be thirsty for sth／to do sth 渴望 [典例] 1) I'm dying/thirsty for something to eat.我极想吃点东西。 2) She is dying/thirsty to know where you have been。她极想知道你去了哪儿。 3) After a long dry season the trees are dying/thirsty for water.经过一个漫长的旱季， 树木迫切需要 水分。 [练习] 汉译英 1) 我姐姐非常渴望能在外企工作。 ________________________________________________________________________________ _________ 2) 我和我的同学们都迫切想看电影《马达加斯加 II》 ________________________________________________________________________________ _________ Keys: 1) My sister is dying for a chance to work in a foreign enterprise. 2) My classmates and I are dying to see the movie Madagascar II 2. the other day 几天前 [典例] 1) I came across my old friend in the street in the other day.我几天前在街上碰见一个老朋友。 2) I heard of the news in the other day, but I dared not tell you. 几天前我就听说这个消息了，但不敢告诉你。 [练习] 汉译英 1) 前几天通过的决定已经被执行了。 _______________________________________________________________________________ ____ 2) 几天前发生的车祸让这对老夫妇依然心有余悸。 _______________________________________________________________________________ ____ keys: 1) The decision passed the other day has been carried out. 2) The traffic accidence happening the other day still frightened the old couple. 3. stick out. 伸出,突出，坚持到底 [短语归纳] stick to sth. 坚持(to 是介词) stick with sb／sth 继续支持某人／某事 提示：stick(stuck，stuck)不规则动词 [典例] 1) Don't stick your head out of the car window.不要把头伸到车窗外。 2) Stick with me and you'll be all right．有事你来找我就没问题了
[练习]选择填空 1) He wore shoes that looked 30 years old, too small for his feet，with holes all over them，his toes______ out． A．stuck B．came C．went D．rushed 2) Because Edgar was convinced of the accuracy of this fact, he _____ his opinion. A. stuck at B. stuck to C. stood for D. stuck out Keys: 1) A 【解析】考察短语记忆 B ―出来；长出; 出现‖ C ―出去; 熄灭‖ D ―冲出去― 2) B【解析】 对固定短语的记忆和句意的理解是解题的关键。A―不断地认真做了顾虑、犹 豫（指坏事） ；C―主张，容忍，代表，象征‖。 4. in need. 在困难中；在危急中. [短语归纳] in need/want of 需要 the need for sth.对……的需要 at one‘s need 在某人困难时 satisfy/meet one‘s needs 满足某人的需要 [典例] 1) After the lack of water for a long tie, crops are in great need of water; 长时间缺水后, 庄稼急需要水. 2) As we all know, everyone in the world has a need for affection. 我们大家都知道,每个人都有对感情的需要 [练习] 汉译英 1) 无论孩子们提出什么要求，家长们总是设法满足他们的需要。 ________________________________________________________________________________ ________ 2) 勤奋工作是成功的需要。 ________________________________________________________________________________ ________ Keys: 1) No matter what requirements are raised by children, the parents would manage to satisfy their needs. 2) Hard work is the need for success. VI 重点句子 （旨在提供句子结构等所需材料） 1. Sometimes I wonder how relevant chemistry is to these students, most of whom will be going back to their villages after Year 8 anyway. 有时候，我真想知道化学对这些孩子究竟有多大的用处。他 们中大 多数学完八年级以后就回到他们的村庄去了。 [解释]名词/代词/数词+of+which/whom…引导定语从句 [典例] 1) She has two sons, both of whom are serving in the army.她有两个儿子，都在部队服役。 2) Today my mother bought several shirts, one of which is for me. 今天妈妈买了几件衬衣，其中一件是给我的。 [练习] 汉译英 1) 他有许多朋友，但没一个能帮他解决问题。 _______________________________________________________________________________ ____ 2) 他向震区孩子捐赠了许多衣物，其中有些是全新的。 _______________________________________________________________________________ ____ Keys: 1) He has many friends, none of whom can help him out of problems. 2)He donated many clothes to the children in earthquake area, many of which are completely new. 2. You asked whether I‘m getting to know any local people.你问我是否了解当地的老百姓。 [解释]get to+喜好/认识，表示渐变的过程。 [典例] 1) I got to realize how important the happy life was as I grew older. 随着年龄的增长，我逐渐意识到幸福生活的重要性。 2) I got to like the flat we were going to move in.我逐渐地喜欢上我们即将搬进去的公寓。
[练习] 汉译英 1) 他渐渐地知道了为什么他奶奶那么小心地保存这张相片的原因。 _______________________________________________________________________________ ____ 2) 莎莉逐渐意识到她母亲为她做的一切。 _______________________________________________________________________________ ____ Keys: 1) He got to know why his granny kept the photo so carefully. 2) Sally got to realize what her mother did for her. 二、课文要点 1 课文词汇等填空（旨在复习本课文中的单词拼写和主要词语等） 根据课文内容完成下面语法填空，注意单词拼写和词语用法： Jo worked at a bush school 1 classroom were made from bamboo and grass. There‘s no electricity or water there. It 2 the students about two hours 3 (get) to the school. Jo hoped to make some difference to the Children‘s lives by teaching them. The other day, Jo visited Tombe‘s home. When they arrived 4 the village, Tombe‘s mother who 5 (work) in the garden , started crying ―ieee ieee‖. Tombe‘s father led them to his house, 6 low bamboo hut with grass 7 (突出) out of the roof, 8 he could only see a few tin plates and cups and greens. That night Jo and Jenny slept on a 9 (新近地) made platform. They left the village the next morning 10 many goodbyes and shaking of hands. 答案： 1. whose 2. took 3. to get 4. at 5. had been working 6. a 7. sticking 8. what 9. newly 10. after 2 课文大意概括 （旨在训练用 30 个单词概括大意的能力） 阅读课文，试着用 30 个单词概括课文大意，再比较答案 故事讲述了 Rosemary 作为一名志愿教师在一个遥远的地区工作的经历，并且详细地描述了他 第一次到 Tombe 家探访的故事。 The passage tells us abou_________________________________________________________________ ________________________________________________________________________________ _______ 答案： The passage tells us about Rosemary‘s experience as a volunteer teacher in a poor remote area and also gives us a description of her unforgettable first visit to Tombe‘s family. 3 课文佳句背诵与仿写 （旨在培养对难句的理解和运用能力） 1.【原句】The other day I was showing the boys the weekly chemistry experiment when, before I knew it, the mixture was bubbling over everywhere. 有一天，我正在给孩子们做每周一次的化学 实验的演示，我还没明白怎么回事，混合剂就到处冒气泡了。 [模仿要点] 句子结构: when + 时间状语从句+before +时间状语从句 【模仿 1】 陈凯歌， 电影梅兰芳的导演， 正在为这部电影做大量准备的同时， 甚至在它公演前， 他都承受着巨大的压力。 _______________________________________________________________________________ 答案：Chenkaige, director of MeiLanfang , was making quantities of preparations for the movie when, even before it was put on , he suffered from great stress. 【模仿 2】八月的时候我们收到了他的一封信，在此之前我们不知道他已经入伍了。 _______________________________________________________________________________ 答案：It was August , before we knew he had joined the army, when we received a letter from him. 三、单元自测 1 完形填空 阅读下面短文，掌握其大意，然后从 21—30 各题所给的 A、B、C 和 D 项中，选出最 佳选项，并在答题卡上将该项涂黑。 词数：215 完成时间： 14 分钟 难度：*** One very cold, wet night, there was a knock on my front door. A young man, wet from 21 to toe, explained that he had run out of petrol. He had left his pregnant(怀孕的) wife and his two children 22 at the car and said that he would hitchhike(搭便车) back.
Once I had 23 a can with petrol, I took him back to his car. Once the car had started, I suggested that he follow me back. Before leaving, I had turned the heater on so that it was nice and 24 . While the little ones played and ran around, I prepared bread and butter for the children, and hot chocolate for the 25 . The young fellow asked me how much he owed me and I told him that the petrol pump(加油 泵) had 26 $15. He offered to pay ―call-out fee‖, but I wouldn‘t accept it. About a month later, I received a 27 from Interstate, a large bus company. It 28 out that the young fellow I had helped was its general manager, the most 29 person in the company. In his letter, he thanked me again and 30 me that, from then on, all their buses would stop at my service station. In this case, a little bit of kindness was rewarded with a huge amount of benefits. 21. A. finger B. shoulder C. head D. hand 22. A. away B. behind C. over D. out 23. A. supplied B. poured C. equipped D. filled 24. A. neat B. hot C. warm D. attractive 25. A. drivers B. guests C. customers D. adults 26. A. appeared B. exhibited C. calculated D. shown 27. A. call B. letter C. check D. notice 28. A. pointed B. turned C. worked D. found 29. A. generous B. successful C. serious D. powerful 30. A. praised B. persuaded C. informed D. convinced 答案 本文主要讲述作者在多年前的一个寒冷的冬天帮助了一家人，没想到令他获得了巨大的利 润。 21. C 那个年轻人从头到脚都湿了。 22. B 固定搭配，leave…behind 意为―把……留下‖，他把他怀孕的妻子和两个孩子留在车 里。 23. D 固定搭配，fill…with，用……装满，作者把油箱装满汽油。 24. C 作者把暖气打开了，因此会感到温暖舒适。 25. D 上文说为孩子们准备面包和黄油，下文则讲为成年人准备热巧克力。 26. D 作者告诉他加油泵显示是 15 美元。 27. B 根据下文提示，作者收到了一封信。 28. B 结果证明这位年轻人是这家公司的总经理。 29. D 总经理当然是公司里最有权势的人。 30. C 他告诉作者他公司里所有的车将会停留在作者的服务站。 2 语法填空 阅读下面短文， 按照句子结构的语法性和上下文连贯的要求， 在空格处填入一个适当的 词或使用括号中词语的正确形式填空，并将答案填写在答题卡标号为 31-40 的相应位置上。 词数：147 完成时间：7 分钟 难度：*** The origins of the music are as 31 (interest) as the music itself. Jazz 32 (invent) by American Negroes, or blacks, as they are called today, 33 were brought to the Southern states as slaves. They were sold to farm owners and 34 (force) to work long hours in the cotton and tobacco fields. 35 a Negro died, 36 friends and relatives would gather and carry the body to have a ceremony 37 they buried him. There was always a band with them. On the way to the ceremony the band played slow, solemn music 38 （ suit) for the situation. But on the way home the mood changed. Spirits lifted. Everyone was happy. Death 39 (remove) one of their members, but 40 living were glad to be alive. The band played happy music. This music made everyone want to dance. It was an early form of Jazz. 答案： 31．interesting 32．was invented 33．who 34．forced 35．When 36．his 37．before 38．suitable 39．had removed 40．the 31．interesting．令人有趣的…… 32．was invented. Jazz 是过去被黑人发明的，所以用一般过去时的被动语态。 33．who．引导一个定语从句，指代前面的 American Negroes，or blacks，在从句中作 主语。 34．forced．与前面的―they were sold 并列，省略了 they were。
35．When．引导一个时间状语从句。 36．his．根据这句话的最后一个单词 him 可以得知答案。 37．before．仪式是在埋葬死人之前举行的，所以用 before。 38． suitable． (be) suitble for 固定搭配， 形容词短语作后置定语， 修饰前面的 slow, solemn music。 39．had removed．因为 remove 这个动作发生在过去动作 changed, 1ifted，was happy， were glad 等的前面，所以要过去完成时。 40．the．the 十 adj．表—类人，the living 指―活着的人‖。 3 阅读理解 阅读下列短文，从每题所给的 A、B、C 和 D 项中，选出最佳选项，并在答题卡上将该 项涂黑。 词数：335 完成时间：7 分钟 难度：**** A bad Working Memory ( 大脑的工作记忆) – the brain's temporary storage box -- may explain, new research suggests, why one child cannot read his or her history book and another gets lost in math. As many as 10 percent of school-age children may suffer from poor working memory. British researchers said in a report last week, yet the problem is rarely identified. "You can think of working memory as a pure measure of your child's potential. Many psychologists consider working memory to be the new IQ (智商), because we find that working memory is one of the most important predictors (预示物) of learning ability,' said Dr. Tracey Alloway of Britain‘s Durham University. Many children with poor working memory are considered lazy or dull. Working memory allows people to hold in their minds and deal with a few items, such as telephone numbers, over a short period of time. Alloway compares working memory to a box. For adults, the basic box size is thought to be three to five items. It's important, therefore, to put in the right things. Irrelevant (不 相关的) information will clutter working memory. The question many researchers are struggling with is how to help children with this problem, which appears to be closely, related to a lack of attention. "In children with learning difficulties, it becomes a huge issue, especially around middle school, when the demands on working memory really grow," said Dr. Mel Levine, co-founder of All Kinds of Minds, a nonprofit organization in North Carolina that studies learning difficulties. Memory training may help improve working memory. Alloway has a tool that allows teachers to assess (评定)the working-memory capacity of children as young as 4; it has been used in 35 schools across Britain. Levine‘s organization trains teachers through a program called Schools Attuned, which is working with several thousand schools across the United States, Canada and Europe. While he is not sure working memory can be expanded, Levine said children can be taught ways to do better in school. 41. Which of the following is a characteristic of working memory? A. It has a limited capacity. B. It is usually better in children than adults. C. It improves with use. D. It can cause a lack of attention. 42. According to the new research, ___________. A. the importance of working memory has been long recognized B. working memory is becoming recognized as a factor in intelligence C. laziness can weaken working memory D. working memory helps people remember things forever 43. What does the underlined word "clutter" in Paragraph 3 probably mean? A. Change. B. Improve. C. Strengthen. D. Confuse. 44. Which of the following may help improve a child' s working memory? A. Expanding the brain' s storage box. B. Training the memory. C. Remembering more things. D. Being reminded frequently. 45. According to the passage, Dr. Mel Levine has ___________. A. invented tools to help improve a child's working memory B. founded an organization to train teachers to help students with this problem C. identified the problem clearly
D. compared working memory to a box 答案： 本文介绍了学习障碍儿童（如数学障碍儿童）大脑的―工作记忆‖容量方面的研究情况。 大脑的―工作记忆‖不好，会使孩子不能专心读书，百分之十的孩子有这方面的问题。很多心 理学家认为应该把大脑的―工作记忆‖可以看作是一种新智商，因为它可以反映人的学习能 力。Alloway 把大脑的―工作记忆‖比作一个盒子，并认为它的容量是有限的。文章还告诉我 们记忆训练可以帮助改善―工作记忆‖。 41. A。 事实细节题。根据第三段中的―Alloway compares working memory to a box. For adults, the basic box size is thought to be three to five items.‖可知人的―工作记忆‖就像 一个盒子，它的容量是有限的。 42. B。 推理判断题。根据第二段的―Many psychologists consider working memory to be the new IQ, because we find that working memory is one of the most important predictors of learning ability‖可知， 很多心理学家认为 working memory 是一种新的智商， 因为 研究者发现 working memory 是衡量一个人学习能力的最重要的指标之一，因此可 以把它看作是预测孩子智力的一个重要因素。 43. D。 猜测词义题。根据第三段可知人的 working memory 是有限的，因此要去记那些重 要的信息，不相关的信息只会使记忆更加混乱，所以选 D。 44. B。 事实细节题。根据倒数第二段第一句―Memory training may help improve working memory.‖可知进行记忆训练会有助于改善―工作记忆‖，因此 B 正确。 45. B。 事实细节题。根据最后一段第一句 ―Levine‘s organization trains teachers through a program called Schools Attuned‖可知，Levine 成立一个组织，这个组织培训老师， 然后让老师们帮助学生改善―工作记忆‖。 4.读写任务 阅读下面一篇一位美国朋友希望找个中国大学生作为游伴的博客短文， 然后按照要求写一 篇 150 词左右的英语短文。 I 'm 19-year-old, named Boobi Smith, a young college student from USA. I hereby earnestly invite a Chinese young college student preferring to make a three -week touring trip with me in China. My plan, based on some travelling information on the Internet, is to set off next weekend when the summer vacation officially begins. The first stop is Kunming, the world-renowned city for its beauty and mild temperature. We'll get there by train and stay there for 2 days, and then we'll head for Jinggangshan, a former revolutionary base as well as a natural beauty spot. After a 3-day visit there, we will take a long-distance coach to a nearby port city by the Changjiang River and board a downstream ship to Shanghai, so that we can enjoy the great scenery alongside the third longest river in the world. As everybody knows, Shanghai is the busiest and fastest developing city in China. I'd like to have a look at its prosperity, so the stay there will be about half a week. A 4-day visit to these two cities near Shanghai is a must. All together, our trip will last about three weeks. I only expect that my travel-mate could split the expenses with me, and talk with me in English, and he or she would be an excellent guide. Those interested please contact me through email (Smith Boobie @ssnet.com). [写作内容] 假如你叫李华，是一名就读大学生。你想和 Boobie 结伴同游。你写一封电子邮件和他 联系， 谈谈你对这次同游的计划的打算，内容要点包括： 1．以约 30 个词概括 Boobie 的博客短文的要点； 2．然后以约 120 个词谈谈你对这次同游计划的打算，内容包括： (1)对 Boobie 这次中国之游的感受； (2)对 Boobie 的日程安排、费用分担情况和相关要求表示赞同，并说明赞同理由； (3)你对 Boobie 来华旅游的祝愿和希望。 [写作要求] 1．作文中可使用自己的亲身经历或虚构的故事，也可以参照阅读材料的内容，但不得 直接引用 原文中的句子；邮件的开头、结尾已写好。 2．作文中不能出现真实姓名和学校名称。 [评分标准]概括准确，语言规范，内容合适，篇章连贯： [写作辅导] 1．写作有可能用到的主要短语和单词：中国之旅 the journey in China, 安排 arrange for
sth． 2． 本文的概要必须包含以下要点： I hereby earnestly invite a Chinese young college student preferring to make a three -week touring trip with me in China. / My plan, based on some traveling information on the Internet, is to set off next weekend .... / I only expect that my travel-mate could split the expenses with me, and talk with me in English, and he or she would be an excellent guide. 3．本文要注意，概要一定要根据文段的时态来写。同时，绝对不能抄袭原文的句子。 文章对 Boobie 的日程安排、 费用分担情况和相关要求表示赞同， 并说明赞同理由； 对 Boobie 这次中国之游的感受；对 Boobie 来华旅游的祝愿和希望等内容，属于评论性文字和结论性 的观点，故用一般现在时或一般将来时态。 Dear Boobie, Hi, I am a Chinese college student. In your blog, _______________________________________________________________________________ _____________ _______________________________________________________________________________ _____________ _______________________________________________________________________________ _____________ _______________________________________________________________________________ _____________ _______________________________________________________________________________ _____________ _______________________________________________________________________________ _____________ 答案: Dear Boohie, Hi, I am a Chinese college student. In your blog, I know that you want a travel-mate who will go with you to have a three-week trip in China.You also offer me some information in details about the travel plan and other requirements about this trip. I am absolutely delighted to get such a travel-mate from the USA. You can enjoy the beauty of our country. Meanwhile, you will be my good helper to my English study. I share your opinion about your plan. I have never been to Kunming, Jianggangshan, the Changjiang River and Shanghai. This is my first trip with a native English speaker to travel in China, which is of great help to improve my English. I also like to share the expenses with you because I don't need to ask my parents for more money. And I have worked as a part-time guide for two years during my college life, so I will be your ideal guide. I am looking forward to your reply, and you will enjoy your journey in China. Yours Truly, LiHua
Unit 5 Traveling abroad 一、语言要点 I 单元要点预览（旨在让同学整体了解本单元要点） 词语 1.board/aboard/abroad/broad 2.get used to/be used to/used to 辨析 1.qualification n. 资格, 条件 qualify v. (使)具有资格, 词 汇 部 分 词形 变化 2. preparation n. 准备, 预备 3. comfortable adj. 舒适的 4. require v.需要, 要求, 命令 prepare v. 准备, 预备, comfort n. 安慰 v. 安慰, 使(痛苦等)缓和 requirement n. 需求, 要求, 必要条件
5.govern v. 统治, 支配 管理 government n. 政府, 26. qualification n.资格；证明 27. preparation n.准备；预备 28. recommend vt.推荐；建议
29. comfort n.舒适；安慰 vt.安慰 30. substitute n.代替者；代用品 vt.用……代替…… 31. acknowledge vt. 承认；确认；答谢 32. occupy vt.占有；占领；占据 33. govern vi.&vt.统治；支配；管理 34. contradict vt. 反驳； 反对； 否认; 与...矛盾 35. abundant adj.丰富的, 充裕的, 重点 keep it up 保持优秀成绩；继续干下去 as far as one is concerned 就……而言 词组 settle in（迁入新居；更换工作后）安顿下来 out of the question 不可能的 1. ―It‘s not just study that‘s difficult. You have to get used to a whole new way of life, which can take up all your concentration in the beginning,‖ explained Xie Lei, who had 重点句型 lived all her life in the same city in China. 2. I have been so occupied with work that I haven‘t had time for social activities. 被动语态（II）(见语法专题) 重点语法 II 词语辨析 (旨在提供完形填空所需材料) 1). board/aboard/abroad/broad 【解释】 board n.(木, 纸)板;滑水板 vt.用板铺;用板盖; 上(船、车、飞机)船舷; 甲板; aboard adv. &prep. 在船(飞机、车)上, 上船(飞机、车) abroad adv.往国外, 海外, broad adj.宽的, 阔的, 广泛的 adv.宽阔地 【练习】选择 board/aboard/abroad 或 broad 并用其适当的形式填空 1) Sometimes when decorating, we need to saw a ______ in half. 2) She said good-bye to her friends and _______ a plane for New York. 3) She went _______ the plane. 4) During the Spring Festival, many people choose to travel _______ 5) Liu xiang is famous for his speed in hurdle at home and _______. 6) The gymnastic coach has _______ shoulders. 7) The robber who robbed the bank of cash ________ daylight was sentenced to death at last. Keys: 1) board 2) boarded 3) aboard 4) abroad 5) abroad 6) broad 7) broad 2). get used to/be used to/used to 【解释】 get used to +sth./doing sth. 习惯于……(侧重于动作) be used to+sth./doing sht. 习惯于……(侧重于状态) be used to do 被用做……(被动语态) used to 过去常常(强调现在不再存在) 【练习】选择 get used to/be used to 或 used to，并用其适当的形式填空 1) We ________ send cards to each other by post. Now we send electronic cards in stead. 2) I‘m sure that he will soon __________ country life. 3) Now people in city _________ shopping on the internet. 4) Most of the wood there ________make furniture. Keys: 1) used to 2) get used to 3) are used to 4) is used to III 词性变化 （旨在提供语法填空所需材料） 1.qualification n. 资格, 条件 qualify v. (使)具有资格, 2. preparation n. 准备, 预备 3. comfortable adj. 舒适的 4. require v.需要, 要求, 命令 5.govern v. 统治, 支配 管理 prepare v. 准备, 预备, comfort n. 安慰 v. 安慰, 使(痛苦等)缓和 requirement n. 需求, 要求, 必要条件 government n. 政府,
【练习】根据句子结构，用括号内所提供词的适当形式填空 1) ---Are you sure he is ________ to drive a car?---Yes. He got his driving _______ before he ______ as a teacher.(qualification) 2) Every family is busy ______ for the Spring Festival for there are lots of _______ to do. (preparation) 3) Anyone who launches a war is ______ and is _______ by people who love peace all around the world. (awe) 4) The _______ of energy will help us research the way to save and _______ the energy. (conserve) 5) Though the soup is _______, I‘ve lost my sense of ______ and it ____just like ______water.(taste) keys:1) qualified; qualification; qualified 2) preparing; preparation 3) awesome; awed 4) conservation; conserve 5) tasty; taste; tastes; tasteless IV 重点词汇 （旨在提供综合运用所需材料） 1. qualification n.资格；证明 [重点用法] qualify v. (使)具有资格，证明合格 qualification as 当任(职务等)的资格 qualification for 在(某方面)具有资格取得资格，合格 qualify as 取得……资格 qualify for 有……资格，有……权；应得；使合格，使能担任，使适合于 qualify sb．to do sth．使某人有资格做某事 [典例] 1) What‘s the qualification as a doctor？取得当一名医生的资格是什么? 2) What qualifications have you got to have for this job? 申请这个工作你得要具有的条件是什 么? 3) Do you qualify for the vote? 你有投票资格吗? 4) I hope to qualify as a teacher. 我希望取得教师资格。 5) A degree in English does not qualify you to teach English. 你的英语程度教书不够资格。 [练习] 汉译英 1) 经过大学四年的学习，他终于取得了当律师的资格。 _______________________________________________________________________________ ____ 2) 一纸大学文凭并不意味着能让你有获得这份工作的资格。 _______________________________________________________________________________ ____ Keys: 1) After four years‘ studying in college, he managed to get the qualification as a lawyer. 2) A college diploma doesn‘t mean that it can qualify you to take up the job. 2. preparation n.准备；预备 [重点用法] prepare vt. & vi．预[准，筹]备，布置，为…铺路；配制；调制；使作准备；温习 be in preparation (for) 在……准备中；作为……的准备 make preparations against 为对付……做准备 make preparations for 为……做准备 be(well)prepared for[to do]…对…有所准备(处于对…有所准备的意识) prepare sth．against 准备(…)应付… prepare sb．for 让……为了…作准备 prepare the ground for 为…铺平路；为…打下基础 [典例] 1) Mother is now preparing food for dinner．妈妈正在为晚餐准备食物。 2) The students are now preparing for the exams．学生们正为考试做准备。 3) The teachers are now preparing their lessons．老师们在备课。 [练习]根据括号里的汉语补全句子。 1) The chemist ______________ the disease case．(这药剂师正为这病例配制药。) 2) What we are engaged in_________________________________________. (我们现在所从事的就是为这目标铺平道路。) Keys: 1)is preparing medicine for 2)is to prepare the ground for this aim
3. recommend vt.推荐；建议 [重点用法] recommendation n.推荐，介绍(信)，劝告，建议 on one's recommendation 经某人介绍 follow sb．‘s recommendations 听从某人的劝告 recommendation(s)for．……的推荐 write／give sb．a recommendation 为某人写推荐信／介绍信 提示 1)该词意为―建议‖时，注意三种句型： (1) recommend+(sb's)doing； (2) recommend +that(从句) (从句用虚拟，由 should+动词原形构成)； (3) recommend +sb. to do 2)该词做―推荐；介绍‖时，常用句型是： (1) recommend sb．sth． (2) recommend sth．for(doing) sth. [典例] 1) Can you recommend me a good novel? 能给我推荐一本好小说吗? 2) What would you recommend for the ink stains?有什么办法能除掉墨水汁吗? 3) It is recommended in the regulations that you(should)not tell others the password of your e-mail account. 条款有提示,不要将邮箱密码透露给别人。 [练习]根据括号里的汉语补全句子。 1)The teacher recommended that________________． The teacher recommended us__________________. (老师曾建议我们读这本小说。) 2) I went to the new hotel_______________________.(经你的介绍我去了这家新旅馆。) 3) _________so that I can cover the company? (你能给我写一封介绍信以便采访那家公司吗?) Keys: 1)we(should)read the novel; to read the novel(reading the novel. 2)on your recommendation 3) Would you write me a recommendation 4. comfort n.舒适；安慰 vt.安慰 [重点用法] comfortable adj.安乐的，舒适的；令人感到安慰的；充裕的；惬意的 comfort…with 以……安慰；以……使舒适 comfort sb．for 因某事安慰某人 be comfortable about／with 对某事感到轻松／惬意 give comfort to 安慰(某人) take／have／find comfort(in…)感到安慰，安心，宽心；(从……中)得到安慰(in) [典例] 1)You are a great comfort to your parents.你是你父母最大的安慰。 2)She always finds comfort in her children when thinking of the loss of her husband． 想到死去的丈夫，她只能从孩子们身上得到安慰。 [练习]根据括号里的汉语补全句子。 1)Anyone can enjoy______________ my favorite chair． (任何人都能享受我心爱的椅子所给予的背部舒服。) 2)The folks came to_______________ the loss of his parents． (亲人们前来安慰失去父母的那位小孩。)! Keys: 1)comforting their backs with 2)comfort the child for／give a comfort to the child for 5. substitute n.代替者；代用品 vt.用……代替…… [重点用法] substitute A for B 用 A 代 B substitute sb. by [with] another 用别人接替某人 [典例] 1) In modern society, people accept to use plastics as a substitute for steel 2) In modern society, people substitute plastic for steel. 在现代社会中人们用塑料做钢的代用品 3) He substituted as the typist in the office. 他代替做这个办公室的打字员。
[练习] 汉译英 1) 你不在时,新来的大学生会代替你的位置。 _______________________________________________________________________________ ____ 2) 助手代替班长去参加了校会.。 _______________________________________________________________________________ ____ keys: 1) The newly coming college student will be your substitute in your absence. 2) The monitor was substituted by his assistant to attend the school meeting. 6. acknowledge vt. 承认；确认；答谢 [重点用法] It's(universally)acknowledged that… ……是大家所公认的 acknowledge(doing)sth/ that(从句)． 承认(做了)某事/承认…… 复合结构：(承认某人／某物为……) acknowledge sb.(sth．)+n．/ as +n．/ +to be +n． acknowledge sb．with… 以……对某人表示感谢 ? acknowledge the applause 谢幕 acknowledge a favor／help 答谢所受到的关照／帮助 [典例] 1) When asked about the receipt of Tom‘s letter，he acknowledged it . 当问到是否收到汤姆的信件，他承认收到了。 2）He was acknowledged with a present for his long service with the company． 在公司服务多年，他因此受到表扬。 3）It is acknowledged that he is the finest poet in the flesh．大家公认他是目前最棒的诗人。 [练习]根据括号里的汉语补全句子。 1) The candidate________________ was cast down very much． (这位承认自己在选举中失败的候选人感到很沮丧。) 2)With the depressed economy，________________________． (由于经济萧条，政府承认有改革的必要。) 3)With the evidence offered_____________________________． ( 由于所呈贡的证据，我承认他的陈述是真实的。) 4)With the monitor video shown ， he had to________________ from his classmate‘s desk inside．(由于监 控录像显,他不得不承认从同学桌子里偷了手机。) Keys: 1). acknowledging (who acknowledged) defeat/his defeat in the election 2)me government acknowledged the need for reform／it is necessary to reform 3)I acknowledged the truth of his statement ／his statement (to be/as) the truth 4)acknowledge stealing the mobile phone 7. occupy vt.占有；占领；占据 [重点用法] occupation n. 职业 keep sb．occupied 使某人忙碌； occupy oneself with／in(doing) sth．忙于(做)某事； be occupied in(doing)／with sth．忙于(做)某事，正在做某事； ? [典例] 1) The workers are occupied in building new houses．建筑工正忙于建造新房子。 2) Please fill in the form stating your occupation.请在表格中填入你的职业。 [练习]根据括号里的汉语补全句子。 1) Is__________________?(这个座位有人占吗?) 2)This game will _______________________.(这种游戏会让孩子们玩上一阵子的。) 3)He_____________ in the Ministry of Education．(他在教育部担任要职。) 4)A teacher should_________________ teaching．( 教师不仅要专心于教书还要育人。) Keys:(1)anyone occupying the seat? ／ this seat occupied (2)keep the children occupied (3)occupies all
important position (4)be occupied(occupy himself／herself)with education as well as with 8. govern vi.&vt.统治；支配；管理 [重点用法] government n． 统治；管辖；政府； governor n．统治者；管理者；地方长官；主管人员；总督；县[市，省]长，[美]州长； a system of government 政体 government documents/employee 公文，官方文件/公务人员 [典例] 1) You should govern your temper. 你应该控制你的情绪。 2) Who are the men who really govern in this country? 谁是这个国家的真正统治者? [练习]把以下旬子翻译成汉语： 1)The government is／are planning new tax increases． ____________________________________________________ 2)Who are the men that really govern this country? ____________________________________________________ 3)You should govern your temper． ____________________________________________________ 4)The rights of our citizens are governed by charter(宪章). ____________________________________________________ 5) Chance(运气)usually governs the outcome of the game. ____________________________________________________ 6)The child can not be governed． ____________________________________________________ 7)Govern yourselves like a civilized human being． ____________________________________________________ Keys: 1)政府正打算提高征税额。2)谁是这个国家的真正统治者? 3)你应该控制你的情绪。 4)我们公 民的权利是由宪章规定的。5)运气通常操纵比赛的结果。6)这小孩无法管得住。7)约束自己 像一个 讲文明的人。 9. contradict vt. 反驳； 反对； 否认; 与...矛盾 [重点用法] contradiction n.矛盾，反驳 contradictory adj.相矛盾的 contradict oneself 自相矛盾 [典例] 1)Your actions contradict your declared moral principles.你的行为违背了你宣称的道德准则。 2) The boy was very angry and contradicted his teacher in public.男孩非常生气,当众反驳了他的 老师。 3) The reports contradict each other. 这些报告相互矛盾。 [练习] 汉译英 1）他所说的话与事实矛盾。 _______________________________________________________________________________ _______ 2）那些事实与他的理论相悖。 ______________________________________________________________________________ ________ Keys: 1) His statement contradicts with the facts. 2) The facts contradict his theory. 10. abundant adj.丰富的, 充裕的, [重点用法] be abundant in=be rich in 富有…… abundance n.大量，丰富,充裕 in abundance 大量,丰足 an abundance of 大量的 [典例]
1) an abundant year 丰年 2) a life of abundance 富裕的生活 3) an abundance of sunshine 充足的阳光 4) The region is abundant in wildlife. 这个地区野生动物极多. [练习] 汉译英 1) 这个国家天然资源丰富。 _________________________________________________________________ 2) 大量的证据摆在那里. ________________________________________________________________Keys: 1) The country is abundant in natural resources. 2) The evidence is in abundance. V 重点词组 （旨在提供综合运用所需材料） 1． keep it up 保持优秀成绩；继续干下去 [典例] Well done，and keep it up，Tom! 干得好，汤姆，再接再厉! [短语归纳] keep one's head/temper 保持冷静/强压怒火 keep a school/a family/a diary 开办学校/养家活口/写日记 keep one's word；keeps to one's promise 履行诺言 keep the law 守法 keep in touch with 与……保持联系 keep an eye on…照看，密切注视；提示 keep up with 跟上；保持同步水平不落后； keep away from(常与 from 连用)远离；不接触； keep to sth． 信守；坚持；坚守；不违背(诺言、计划等)； keep…from(doing)stll． 避开；禁止；克制； [练习]A．在空格填入适当的词或短语 1) We appeal to the government to______ prices． 2) The police asked the people to ________the scene of the accident． 3)Though things changed，they__________ the original purpose． 4)We asked her to stop talking，but she____________． 5)He stopped at a shop for something，so he failed ________ his associates and was left behind． B．根据括号里的汉语补全句子 1)Keep ____________________________________.(把你的狗从我这儿拿开!) 2) He always keeps__________________________.(他总是说话算数的。) 3) He kept______________．(他对他的结论守口如瓶。) Keys: A 1)to keep down 2)keep away from／keep off 3)kept to 4)kept up 5)to keep up with B 1) your dog off me 2) his word／to his promise 3) his conclusion to himself 2． as far as one is concerned 就……而言 [典例] As far as I am concerned，I can't object to your marriage． 就我(个人)而言，我不反对你们的婚事。 As far as English is concerned，he is the best in our class． 就英语学习方面来说，他是我们班最优秀的。 [短语归纳] as／so long as 只要; 像……一样长； as soon as…·就…； as much as 尽量多地； as far as 远到；就… [练习] 汉译英 1) 就我而言, 我完全支持你的想法。 _______________________________________________________________________________ ________ 2) 就这项规则来说，没人能找到它出自何方。 _______________________________________________________________________________ ________ Keys: 1) As far I am concerned, I completely support your idea. 2) As far as the rule is concerned,
no one can find out where it comes. 3． settle in（迁入新居；更换工作后）安顿下来 [典例] 1) The Dutch settled in South Africa．荷兰人在南非殖民。 2) She didn't settle in London until graduation from Cambridge University． 直到剑桥大学毕业她才在伦敦定居。 [短语归纳] settle(oneself)down to sth．安下心来做某事 settle down(活动一段时间后)平静下来；舒舒服服地坐下；躺下；定居；成家 [练习]填入适当的句型，注意正确的形式 1)It was two o‘clock before I could finally _______writing the next chapter． 2) When things____________ abroad，I‘ll give you a call． Keys: (1)settle down to (2)settle down 4．out of the question 不可能的；不值得讨论的 [典例] 1) It is out of the question for us to buy a new flat now since stock market is still in low.股市依然 低靡，我们不可能买得起新房子。 2) Without your help, finishing the task ahead of time would be out of the question.没你的帮助提 前完成任务是不可能的. [短语归纳] out of question 毫无疑问 [练习] 汉译英 1) 他无疑是班上的优秀生。 _______________________________________________________________________________ ______ 2) 现在买汽车是不可能的，我们把钱花光了。 _______________________________________________________________________________ ______ Keys: 1) He is out of question the top student in his class. 2) It‘s out of the question to buy a new car now. We‘ve run out of all the money. VI 重点句子 （旨在提供句子结构等所需材料） 1. ―It‘s not just study that‘s difficult. You have to get used to a whole new way of life, which can take up all your concentration in the beginning,‖ explained Xie Lei, who had lived all her life in the same city in China.―困难不仅仅在学习方面，你还必须习惯一种全新的生活方式，在一开始的时候这 就会占 去你全部注意力。‖谢蕾解释说。她一直住在中国的同一座城市。 [解释]It‘s not just study that‘s difficult。是一个强调句型。 [典例] 1) It was in the playground that our school meet was held.学校运动会是在操场举行的。 2) It was not just the place of party that was hard to find. We also had to find a professional DJ. 不仅仅是晚会的场地难找，而且我们还得找到一个专业的主持人。 [练习] 汉译英 1) 不仅他说的话深深地伤害了，他所做的一切也给我留下了很坏的印象。 _______________________________________________________________________________ ______ 2) 正是昨天他给我带来了消息。 _______________________________________________________________________________ ______ Keys: 1) It‘s not just what he said that hurt me so much. What he did also gave me bad impression on me. 2) It‘s yesterday that he sent me the message. 2. I have been so occupied with work that I haven‘t had time for social activities. 我一直忙于适应环境，以至于我没有时间搞社交活动。
[解释]so…that…如此……以至于…… [典例] 1) The load is so heavy that the workers cannot move it.负荷太重了,以致于工人无法搬动它。 2) She was so exhausted that she couldn‘t eat anything.她累得吃不下饭。 [练习] 汉译英 1) 他太感动了以致于说不出话来。 _______________________________________________________________________________ ______ 2) 这条线太细了不能负担起这么重的东西。 _______________________________________________________________________________ ______ Keys: 1) He was so moved that he could not say any words. 2) The thread is so thin that it can not burden such a heavy thing. 二、课文要点 1 课文词汇等填空（旨在复习本课文中的单词拼写和主要词语等） 根据课文内容完成下面语法填空，注意单词拼写和词语用法： Six years ago, Xie Lei boarded a plane for London 1 (complete) a business 2 (资 格). When she came to England, she lived with a host family, 3 members always helped her. At the beginning she had to face 4 difficulties of daily life as how to use the phone, how to pay on the bus. 5 (study) there was quite different from studying in China and she needed some 6 (准备) first. She had to get used to a new way of life, 7 took up all her concentration. It was 8 (benefit) to fulfill Western academic requirements. 答案： 1. to complete 6. preparation 2. qualification 7. which 3. whose 8. beneficial 4. such 5. Studying
2 课文大意概括 （旨在训练用 30 个单词概括大意的能力） 阅读课文，试着用 30 个单词概括课文大意，再比较答案 课文讲述了 Xie Lei 到国外留学的故事，包括了她在生活中遇到的差异和困难。 The passage tells about _______________________________________________________________________ _______________________________________________________________________________ _________________ 答案：The passage tells about XieLei‘s story of studying abroad, including the differences in everyday things and the difficulties she faced. 3 课文佳句背诵与仿写 （旨在培养对难句的理解和运用能力） 1.【原句】He wanted to know what I thought, which confused me because I thought the author of the article knew far more than I did. 他想袄知道的是我所想的是什么。这倒把我弄糊涂了，因 为该文作者所知道的比我多得多。 [模仿要点] 句子结构: 多种句式混合 【模仿 1】我想知道你所做的事情，吸引着我的兴趣是因为我认为你是一个很特别的人。 _______________________________________________________________________________ 答案：I want to know what you have done, which interests me because I think you are a very special person. 【模仿 2】他想知道我们什么时候出发，那是非常重要的因为会议不能推迟。 _____________________________________________________________________________ 答案：He wants to know when we will start, which is very important because the meeting can‘t be put off. 2.【原句】 In the high plains area is Lake Titicaca, the highest lake in the world, on which boats can travel. 在高原地区有的的喀喀湖，这是世界上海拔最高的湖，湖上可以行船。 [模仿要点] 句子结构: 倒装句+定语从句 【模仿 1】围绕着这湖泊的是十六座山峰，终年冰封。 _____________________________________________________________________________
答案： Around the lake lie sixteen mountains, which are covered with snow all the year round. 【模仿 2】市中心有一座最大的购物中心，里面商品琳琅满目。 ____________________________________________________________________________ 答案：In the center of the city is a shopping mall, the biggest one in the city, in which there are a great diversity of goods. 三、单元自测 1 完形填空 阅读下面短文，掌握其大意，然后从 21—30 各题所给的 A、B、C 和 D 项中，选出最 佳选项，并在答题卡上将该项涂黑。 词数：186 完成时间： 14 分钟 难度：*** The door is the one to life-long learning. As new ideas appear all the time, we always need to 21 new knowledge, regardless of our age. Naturally, my aunt herself is the best 22 . Many of my aunt' s actions say that she is amazingly up-to-date. She always says, "Age doesn't matter. What 23 is your attitude. You may think it's strange that I am still going to 24 , but I don't think I'm too old to learn." Yes, she is right. Since the government removed the age limit for college 25 in 2001, already some untraditional students are 26 with us in the same classrooms. Like these people, my aunt is old but very 27 in spirit. We have met with many 28 . For instance, we are faced with the challenge of a balanced learning, the challenge of 29 our fine tradition while learning from the West, and the challenge of learning continuously while carrying 30 responsibilities to our work and family. So, each door is a test of our courage, ability and judgment. Possibly I will go back to college, too. 21. A. acquire B. study C. learn D. face 22. A. pattern B. example C. type D. kind 23. A. matters B. relates C. connects D. unites 24. A. department store B. company C. concert D. college 25. A. permissions B. hesitations C. admissions D. achievements 26. A. seating B. sitting C. sharing D. attending 27. A. young B. brave C. curious D. amazing 28. A. difficulties B. hardships C. challenges D. independences 29. A. preserving B. serving C. reserving D. preventing 30. A. heavy B. light C. wonderful D. inspiring 答案： 这篇文章通过介绍婶婶上大学的事情，说明无论哪个年龄层次的每个人都面临挑战。 21． 选 A. 我们面对新的东西，我们要以获得知识为目标．acquire 获得。 22． 选 B． 很明显，作者在这里是把他的婶婶作为一个例子来说明问题。 23． 选 A. 因为前面有 Age doesn't matter．故用 A．意思为―要紧的是我们的态度。‖ 24． 选 D． 下文的―college‖表明。 25． 选 C． 这里是说，2001 年国家对大学入学年龄的限制的取消．College admissions 大学入学。 26． 选 B． 不同年龄的人坐在同一个教室上课。 27． 选 A． 根据前文 ―she―very old．‖可知答案 A。 28． 选 C． 下文有―we are faced with the challenge of……‖。 29， 选 A. preserve vt．保护，preserve the fine tradition 保护优良传统，reserve vt．保 留。 30 ． 选 A 在 不断 学 习的 同时 ，要 努力承 担 重大 的工 作和 家庭的 责 任． heavy responsibilities 重大的责任。 2 语法填空 阅读下面短文， 按照句子结构的语法性和上下文连贯的要求， 在空格处填入一个适当的 词或使用括号中词语的正确形式填空，并将答案填写在答题卡标号为 31-40 的相应位置上。 词数：204 完成时间：9 分钟 难度：*** Nueng Garcia noticed the name of a man who paid him 31 check. "Did you ever have a son?" he asked the man. With that question, the two stared at each other and suddenly realized they were the father and son who 32 (separate) for 27 years. 33 today's meeting, John Garcia had not seen his son since July 1969, 34 the elder Garcia was a young American soldier. Nueng was just 3 months old then. John continued to write and send checks to his son's mother 35 he left
Thailand. Nueng said his mother later remarried and stopped 36 (write) to her former husband. After that, John lost touch with his son. In later years, he sent letters to the government in Bangkok 37 (seek) an address; however, all of his letters went unanswered. Nueng and his mother had moved to Colorado Springs in 1971. By chance, John Garcia moved to Pueblo nine years ago to take up work. 38 their paths met this week was even more unlikely. "I don't even know 39 I stopped for gas," he said. His newfound 27-year-old son put his arm around the man who was once 40 stranger and said, "Dad... I 'm glad you did." 答案： Neuang Garcia 在偶然的机遇中竟然碰到了自己分别长达 27 年的父亲。 命运的巧合终于 使这对父子在异乡相聚。 31. by。pay by check 用支票付款。 32. had been separated。整篇文章用的是一般过去时，他们 27 年前分离是过去的过去，故用 过去完成时，the father 与 son 的分离是被迫的，故用被动形式。 33. Until。直到今日的相聚，John Garcia 自从 1969 年的 6 月开始就再也没有见过自己的儿 子。 34. when。先行词是 July 1969，它在后面的从句中作时间状语，故定语从句由 when 引导。 35. after。从后文的 John Garcia 写信给 Bangkok(曼谷，泰国首都)政府寻找他妻子儿子的地 址可知这里是指 John Garcia 在离开泰国后一直都给他的妻子写信并且寄去支票。 36. writing。前面提到他的母亲改嫁，那么自然不给她以前的丈夫写信了。stop doing ―停止 正在做的事情‖。 37. to seek。动词不定式表示目的。John 给曼谷政府写信来寻找他妻子儿子的地址。 38. That。分析句子结构，主句谓语是 was，其前是一个主语从句，从句里不缺成分，只缺 连接词，故用 that。 39. why。―我不知道我为什么要停车加油。‖ why 引导宾语从句。 40. a。a 表不定指。 3.信息匹配 请阅读下列应用文及相关信息，并按照要求匹配信息。 首先，请阅读下列旅游公园的信息： A. Grand Canyon Country Park Arizona' s northwest region is home to awe-inspiring beauty, including the Grand Canyon. Explore further and you will find the beautiful Oak Creek Canyon and the high-peaked San Francisco Mountains. Activities change along with the seasons, from hiking and rafting to skiing and sledding. B. Chief Sleep Easy RV Park Located in a small town but close to larger towns in Nevada and Utah. Club House and Internet. Enjoy Wi-Fi and modem service for your computing needs. The full gym and heated pool are open all the year round, the mini market is fully stocked and catering service is available. C. Flagstaff- Grand Canyon KOA Park Open all the year round. Set at 7,000 feet under the cool shade of ponderosa pines near the Coconino National Forest and near historic Route 66. Northern Arizona Museum features local geology and native cultures. Shop and dine in downtown Flagstaff. KOA staff can help arrange tours to northern Arizona sites. D. Canyon Mote!& RV Park Its location is a perfect escape from the ordinary. With mountain views. E. Red Lodge KOA Open: May 15 -- September 30. Our Activities: Coif, Fishing, Hiking, Horseback Riding, River Rafting and Shopping. Our Events: Heated Swimming Pool and Fun Cycles. F. Flintstones Bedrock City Theme Park Located in beautiful Northern Arizona. It is a theme park of wildlife, with a natural zoo, a gift shop, a diner, a convenience store, galleries and restaurants. The legendary Beartooth Highway begins near this place, which winds for 69 miles to the Yellowstone National Park. 请阅读以下旅游者的信息，然后匹配旅游者和与之拟定的旅游公园的信息： 41. Daniel, a professor, poet and historian, from Newcastle, along with his students, wants to spend their five-day holiday in exploring the local history and native cultures next October. 42. Orwell, a great quiet writer, will spend his holiday from 1 to 15 May. He is used to doing exercises in the gym in the morning, and swimming in a heated pool at noon. 43. Nick ,who likes hiking and rafting, wants to ride the nearby Skyride up to 11,500 feet for a
view of the Grand Canyon and the city of Flagstaff next summer. 44. Bergius, active and challenging, competed in the local 12th Horseback Riding. He will marry his girl-friend by traveling next August. His girlfriend is interested in riding a cycle and shopping. 45. Cuvier, biologist of wild animals and plants, will attend the Animal Festival. He is also about to visit the Yellowstone National Park bv the way. 答案： 41．C．信息项 C 项中的 "near historic Route 66... features local geology, and native cultures" 符合 Daniel 的 ―... in exploring the local history, and native cultures‖ 要求。 42．B． Orwell 的基本要求是‖doing exercises in the gym in the morning，and swimming in a heated pool at noon 信息项 B 项正好适合他——The full gym and heated pool are open all the year round.. 43，A． Nick 喜欢 hiking and rafting．希望观赏风景点 the Grand Canyon and the city of Flagstaff，信息项 A 项与之相匹配。 44．E．活跃而且喜欢挑战的 Bergius，刚刚参加当地的第 12 届马术比赛，将与喜欢骑车和 购物的女友结婚， 所以信息项 E 项中的 Golf， Fishing， Hiking， Horseback Riding， River Raf ting and Shopping 以及 Fun Cycles 可以满足他们。 45．F 生物学家 Cuvier 将出席动物节并且将参观 the Yellowstone National Park，广告中的 Flintstones Bedrock City Theme Park 是一个野生动物主题公园．而且有公路通往就近的 黄石国家公园； 4. 基础写作 假定你是 Mary， 有一位英国朋友 Smith 托你在当地帮他找工作。 你看到汕头日报(Shantou Daily)上登载了一则招聘启事，认为对他很合适。请你用英文写一封短信，用 E—mail 发给 Smith，告知此事。广告原文如下： 招聘外籍教师 汕头大学将开办暑期少儿英语、成人英语学习班，欲招聘外籍教师一名。 要求：1．讲英语。 2．大学毕业或相等学力。 3．有意者，带齐外教专业证明。 4．咨询电话：0754—2121445，email：firstname.lastname@example.org (写作要求) 1．开头和结尾已为你写好，不计入句数。 2．用 5 个句子介绍全部所给的内容，但不要逐条译，注意行文连贯。 Dear Smith， I know you want to find a job in Shantou． Yours， Mary _______________________________________________________________________________ ___________ _______________________________________________________________________________ ___________ _______________________________________________________________________________ ___________ _______________________________________________________________________________ _______________________________________________________________________________ ______________________ _______________________________________________________________________________ ___________ 答案: Dear Smith, I know you want to find a job in Shantou. I've read the Shantou Daily, and I found that Shanotu University is running an Summer English course for children and adults. They need a foreign teacher, and their requirements are as follows. The teacher should be a native English speaker, which I think fits you so much. University degrees in education are required or related field is preferred. If you are interested, you should bring your foreign expert certification along to Shantou University, or you may contact them by calling 0754-212445 or sending them an email with the address: shantou
university @21cn. com. Best wishes. Yours, Mary
copyright ©right 2010-2020。