本试题卷共 8 页，五大题 76 小题。全卷满分 150 分。考试用时 120 分钟。 ★祝考试顺利 ★ 注意事项： 1. 答卷前，考生务必将自己的姓名、准考证号填写在试题卷和答题卡上，并将准考证 号条形码粘贴在答题卡上的指定位置。 用统一提
供的 2B 铅笔将答题卡上试卷类型 A 后的方 框涂黑。 2. 选择题的作答：每小题选出答案后，用统一提供的 2B 铅笔把答题卡上对应题目的答 案标号涂黑。如需改动，用橡皮擦干净后，再选涂其它答案标号。写在试题卷、草稿纸和答 题卡上的非答题区域均无效。 3. 书面表达的作答：用统一提供的签字笔直接答在答题卡上对应的答题区域内。写在 试题卷、草稿纸和答题卡上的非答题区域均无效。 4. 考试结束后，请将本试题卷和答题卡一并上交。
Ⅰ. 选择题 （本大题共 20 小题，每小题 1.5 分，共 30 分） 从每小题所给的四个选项中，选出一个可以填入题中空白处的最佳选项。未选、错选或 多选均不得分。 1. —Your English is excellent！ —______. A. Just so so C. Thank you B. No, my English is poor D.You are right
2. —Remember to telephone me when you arrive.
—OK, ______. A. I must B.I will C. I should D. I can
3. —Hi, Peter! Shall we go out for a picnic this weekend? —______. A. Good idea mind 4. ―Excuseme, I’ m a visitor to this city. I get lost. ―______ A. Sorry. C. What can I do for you? B.That’s OK. D. Nice to meetyou. B.Yes, please C. No, thanks D.Never
5. Yesterday，I ______ an exciting TV program when she camein. A. watched watching 6. I have been to the palace four times______ 2000. A. since B.after C. in D.before B.was watching C. had watched D. am
7. They are looking forward to ______ a goodresult after a long time of hard work. A. get B. getting C.be getting D. have got
8. The child is sleeping, and would you please______ TV a little? A. turn on B.turn up C. turn down D. turn off
9. Can you ______ the differences betweenAmerican English and British English? A. say B.speak C. talk D. tell
10. In our class, we have only two______.
A. woman teacher C. women teacher
B. womanteachers D. womenteachers
11. My new camera isn ’t likeBill ’s, but it is almost the same as ______. A. you B. your C. yours D.yourself
12. They tried hard, but ______could answer the question. A. all B. none C.some D. everybody
13. ______ it is to have a game ofbasketball after a day of study at school! A. What a fun B.How fun C. What fun D. How a fun
14. There is ______ old phone on the table. ______ phone is hers. A. an; The B. the; An C.a; The D.the; The
15. —Excuseme, ______ does it take me to the railway station? —It’s twenty minutes’ walk. A. how often B. how many C.how long D. how much
16. The soup smells ______. I would like to drink it. A. bad B. hot C. terrible D.nice
17. All the studentsare going to the park except ______. A. he and I C. him and me B. him and I D. he and me
18. Neither Tim norJim ______ from Britain.They are from Australia. A. is B. were C.are D. was
19. He has never hadenough money to afford a house, ______ he? A. has B.hasn ’t C. does D. doesn ’t
20. After learning thegrammar rules, we went on ______ exercises. A. to do B.done C.do D.did
Ⅱ. 单句指错 （本大题共 10 小题，每小题 1.5 分，共 15 分） 下列每个句子标有 A、B、C、D 的词语或用法中，各有一个错误，请选出并将答题卡 上对应字母的标号涂黑。未选、错选或多选均不得分。 21. With the school starting , I am busy makemoney for my tuition. A B C D
22. Not only she heard about that TV play but alsoshe watched it. A B C D
23. Istill remember that Mum often tells us stories at bedtime whenwe were young. A B C D
24. Theyare going to buy a new bed for their boy, as the old one isn ’ t enoughbig for him. A B C D
25.In some countries of the world, tea served with milkand sugar. A B C D
26. LiMing is not so tall as his brother, but both of them are muchmore taller than their father. A B C D
27. I wish my mother can sleep longer thismorning, but she got up earlier than before. A B C D
28. The teacher, along with some students, are nowworking in the new lab. A B C D
29. It was two years ago when she went to teachin a country school. A B C D
30. They found this impossible to finish theirhomework within three hours. A B C D
= 3 \* ROMAN III. 完形填空 （本大题共 20 小题，每小题 1.5 分，共 30 分） 阅读下面短文， 掌握其大意， 然后从 31～50 各小题所给的四个选项中， 选出最佳选项， 使短文的意思通顺、前后连贯。未选、错选或多选均不得分。 I will never forget the day when the earthquake tookplace. The 31 was a quarter past five inthe afternoon. And I was 32 along the road to fetch mydaughter from her school. Our 33 had been to go swimmingtogether. I had 34 work at about 4 o’clock andthen gone to the post office. I was driving along a highroad on my way to the 35 . Over my roadwasanother 36 for cars going the other way. Suddenly I saw the carsin front of me 37 to move from side to side. I slowed down. Then my car started to 38 . I didn ’t know what was happening. Perhaps somethinghad gone wrong with my 39 . I drove even slower. Thenthe road above started to 40 down. I stopped the car and at the same momentthe road fell onto the cars in front of me. Ifound myself in the dark. I couldn ’t 41 anything. The bottom partof my legs and my feet were hurting 42 and I couldn ’t move them. Ilistened; all 43 me was quiet. But below me I could hear shoutsand a lot of 44 . Then I remembered
what hadhappened. It was 45 to me now that I had been in an earthquake.For about two hours nobody 46 . Then I heardpeople climbing 47 me. A team of people had come to see 48 anyone was under the road.I called out, “I’m 49 !” hoping to be heard. Luckily, I was. Soon a stranger 50 beside thebridge near my car. It took them more than twelve hours to get me out of my carand bring me to a hospital.
31.A. date 32. A. walking 33. A. plan 34. A. begun discussed 35. A. school 36. A. city 37. A. start 38. A. turn 39. A. ears 40. A. lie 41. A. see 42. A. badly suddenly 43. A. beside
B. earthquake B.driving B.pleasure B.finished
C. time C. wandering C. interest C. founded
D. news D. running D. opinion D.
B.office B. area B. stop B. back B. car B. slow B. hear B. C. deeply B. above
C. hospital C. road C. continue C. shake C. hands C. sit C. understand
D. station D. way D. refuse D. break D. seat D. fall D. move
D. immediately C. below D. around
44. A. shots 45. A. clear 46. A. died 47. A. for 48. A. why 49. A. here 50.A. hurt
B. shouts B. important B. came B. off B. when B. hungry B. climbed
C. noises C. necessary C. woke C. beyond C. if C. alive C. looked
D. music D. strange D. cried D. towards D. how D. ready D. called
Ⅳ. 阅读理解 （本大题共 25 小题，每小题 2 分，共 50 分） 阅读下列短文，每篇文章后面有五个小题，请从每小题所给的四个选项中，选出最佳答 案。未选、错选或多选均不得分。 Passage One When I wascoming to 50 years old, I announced to my three grown children that I no longerwanted to celebrate my birthday and that they could phone me instead of sendinga gift. At first they protested ( 抗议) , but finally they agreed to goalong with my wish. So when the doorbell rang on the morning of my birthday, Iwas surprised to see the florist ( 卖花人)delivering a huge, beautiful plant. Suddenly, withouta word, she rushed back to the truck and, with a sad look, turned once toglance at me. Puzzled, I read the card attached ( 附带) to theplant: “To Mom— with lots of love—on your very last birthday.”
51. On their mother’ s 50 th birthday,the children were expected to A. call her B.send her a present
C. tell her their wishes
D. give her abirthday party
52. On hearing their mother’sannouncement, the children ______. A. were surprised C. were sad 53. What did the florist deliverto the writer? A. A plant. B. A phone. C. Aflower. D. Atruck. B.disagreed with her D.accepted it happily
54. The writer was “puzzled” (in Line 6) by ______. A. the wordson the card C. the ringof the doorbell 55. Why did the florist feel sad? A. She was tootired. C. Shedisliked the writer. Passage Two I live in a small village in the country. My wife and I run thevillage shop. We have a very peaceful life, boring, some might say, but we loveit. I have plenty of time for my hobbies—gardening, fishing, and walking in thecountryside, but it wasn’t always like this. I used to have a very stressfuljob, till late in the office every evening and often bringing work home on theweekend. The advertising world is very competitive ( 竞争激烈的) . I hadno private life at all. No time for the really important things in life.Because of the pressure, I used to smoke and drink too much. The trouble camewhen my wife decided to leave me. She complained she never saw me. And I had notime for a family life. This made me realize what was B. She had to hurry home. D. She thought the writer wasdying. B. the gift from her children D. the look on the florist’s face
really important to me. Italked things through with her and decided to get back and start a new andbetter life together.
56. The writer of the passage is ______. A. a shop owner C. aclerk in an office B. a fisherman D. a manager of a company
57.In the writer’ s opinion, life in the country is ______. A. satisfying B.boring C. stressful D. competitive
58.The man used to smoke and drink too much, as he ______. A. was in a big trouble B. enjoyed smoking and drinking C. often had dinners with his customers D. wanted to forget the pressure from work 59. Why did the man ’s wife want to leavehim? A. He drank too much. B. They had little time together. C. He complained a lot. D. They never talked things through. 60. Which means the most important to theman? A. Family. Passage Three Dear Xiaojun, B. Business. C. Hobby. D. Job.
I hope youare very well. I’m fine, but tired. Right now it is the summer vacation and I’mhelping my Dad on the farm. August is the hottest month here. It is the time ofyear for the rice harvest, so every day I work from morning until dark.Sometimes we go on working after dark by the lights of our tractors (拖拉机) . We grow rice in the south ofthe States, but in the north where it is colder they grow wheat. We have a lotof machines on the farm. Although the farm is large, my Dad has only two menworking for him. But he employs more men for the harvest. My brothertakes care of the vegetable garden. It doesn ’t often rain in the summer here.As a result, we have to water the vegetable garden. Every evening we pump waterfrom a well. It then runs along channels to different parts of the garden. Most Saturdayevenings there is a party, even at harvest time. We cook meat on an open fireoutside. It’s great! Americans eat a lot of meat—too much in my opinion. Someof my friends drink beer. I don ’t, because I have to drive home after theparty. In yourletter you asked about the time in different areas of the States. There arefive different time areas in the States. In my state we are fourteen hoursbehind Beijingtime. How many different time areas do you have in China? Well, I muststop and get some sleep. Please give my regards to your parents. Best wishes, Charlie
61. How does Charlieusually feel in August?
62. Ifthey don ’t have enough rain for vegetables, Charlie ’s brother will try to getwater from ______. A. a lake B. a machine C. a channel D. a well 63. In Charlie’s opinion, the Americans ______. A. shouldcook meat on an open fire B. shouldhave more vegetables C. shouldhave less meat D. shoulddrink less beer 64. Different from Charlie, boys in Beijing ______. A. go to bedlater B. see thesunrise earlier C. enjoy morerain in summer D. knownothing about time areas 65. By saying “Please give my regards to your parents”, Charlie wantsXiaojun to ______. A. be nice tohis parents B. pay his parents a visit C. stopreading the letter
D. say hello to his parentsfor him
Passage Four Stanford University is a world famous university. But you may not know its founding isconnected with a president of Harvard University. Many years ago, an old couple called on the president of HarvardUniversity without telling him in advance (提前) . The president received themunwillingly (不情
Judging from their clothes, the president regarded them as poorpeople. The old woman said that their son had studied in Harvard Universityfor a year but he passed away because of an unexpected accident. Theywanted to build a building to honor him. The president wasn ’ t moved and he feltfunny. He told them, “You don ’t know how much will be needed for a building.The building in our school is more than $7,500,000.” The old lady was silent.The president felt more unhappy and funny. The old lady turned to her husband, “Only $7,500,000 is enough for a building. Why don ’t we build a university inmemory of our son? ” In this way, the Stanfords left HarvardUniversity for California;there they built Stanford University in memory oftheir son. This thing is regarded as the most regretful in Harvard University’ shistory.
66. The passage talks about______. A. an unexpectedaccident
B. the death of astudent from Harvard C. an old couple’svisit to a university D. the founding of aworld famous university 67. The president from Harvard University received the couple ______. A. kindly B. happily C. with care D. withoutrespect 68. The underlined phrase “passedaway” (in Para.3) means “______”. A.died B. got hurt C. left D.got lost
69.Why did the old lady become silent? A. She felt regretful. B. She didn ’t have so much money. C. She was going to make a new decision. D. She decided to leave Harvard University. 70. The story is a good example to show that______. A. we should be respectful to parents B. we should be friendly to old people C. we shouldn ’t judge people by their words D. we shouldn ’t judge people by what they wear
The names of certain places inthe United Statesmake people think of big businesses. Detroit, acity in Michigan,means cars. Texasmeans oil. Wall Street in New York City means the stock (股票) market and “bigmoney”. There is another place name that is well-known in the U.S.. That is Madison Avenue.Madison Avenue in New Yorkis the place where many advertising companies have their offices. Andadvertising is one of the biggest businesses in America. The same kinds of things are produced and sold by many different companiesin the U.S..Many different companies sell cars, many others sell oil. Many differentcompanies sell soap, tires ( 轮胎), and so on. Each company wants the public to buy itsproducts. By advertising these companies make the public interested in whatthey want to sell. Each company paysadvertisers to tell the public about its products. Suppose a company has a newbreakfastcereal that it wants to sell. In an advertising office onMadison Avenue plans are made for telling the public about this product. Theadvertising company takes beautiful pictures of people eating the cereal. Thesepictures appear in newspapers or magazines and also on TV.
71. According to the passage, the names of certain places inthe United
Statesremind people of ______ .
A. living places B.working units
C. different products 72. Madison Avenue is the place where ______. A. people can earn their living companies C. many office buildings have been built ofproducts
B. there are manyadvertising
D. people can buy all kinds
73. The word “cereal” inthe last paragraph refers to a kind of ______. A. medicine B. food C.drink D. restaurant
74. According to thepassage, the main task of advertising is to ______. A. draw the picture of a product C. design the image of a product product 75. The best title forthis passage is “______”. A. The Stock Market in the U.S. B. The Famous Cities in the U.S. C. The Different Companies in the U.S. D. The Advertising Business in the U.S. B. put a product innewspapers D. tell the publicabout a
Ⅴ. 书面表达 （25 分）
新学期开学，你们班在班会上对同学们在春节期间的主要活动做了调查。其中 60%的 同学在家看电视或上网，20%的同学做运动，20%的同学帮助父母做家务。你个人认为我
们不应该将大量时间花费在看电视和上网上， 而应该充分利用假期做些有意义的事情， 比如 做些户外活动或帮父母做些家务。 根据所给信息写一篇 80 词左右的短文，可以适当调整内容的顺序和增加细节。
参考词汇：做调查 do a survey；上网 surf the Internet； 充分利用 make good use of；户外活动 outdoor activities.
2014 年湖北省高职统考 英语试题答案
Ⅰ. 选择题 （本大题共 20 小题，每小题 1.5 分，共 30 分） 1. C 6. A 11. C 16. D 2. B 7. B 12.B 17. C 3. A 8. C 13.C 18.A 4. C 9. D 14.A 19.A 5. B 10. D 15.C 20.A
II. 单句指错 （本大题共 10 小题，每小题 1.5 分，共 15 分） 21. C 26. D 22.B 27.B 23.C 28. C 24.C 29.B 25.C 30. A
III. 完形填空 （本大题共 20 小题，每小题 1.5 分，共 30 分）
31. C 36. C 41. A 46. B
32. B 37.A 42. A 47.D
33. A 38.C 43. D 48.C
34.B 39.B 44. C 49.A
35.A 40.D 45. A 50.B
Ⅳ. 阅读理解 （本大题共 25 小题，每小题 2 分，共 50 分） Passage One 51. A Passage Two 56. A PassageThree 61. C Passage Four 66. D Passage Five 71. D 72.B 73.B 74.D 75.D 67.D 68.A 69.C 70.D 62.D 63. C 64. B 65. D 57.A 58. D 59.B 60.A 52.B 53.A 54.D 55.D
V. 书面表达 （25 分） Our class did a survey about what the students mainly did during thepast Spring Festival. 60% of the students watched TV or surfed the Internet;20% of them played sports and 20% of them helped their parents with housework. In my opinion, weshould make good use of time to do useful things during the holiday. And I don ’tthink it is a good habit to spend so much time on TV or
computers. Instead, weshould spend more time doing more outdoor activities or doing housework for ourparents.
copyright ©right 2010-2020。