年 课题 教 学 目标 Unit 3 Looking good, feeling good 课型 Grammar (2 ) 知识与技能 11. After reviewing the usage of intonation, the students will be able to learn how to read question tags
; 2. After learning the forms of the question tags, the students will learn what question tags are, and in what situations they are used; 3. They will be told how to use different intonations at the end of the sentences to express different meanings, and how to form question tags. 过程与方法 This class mainly deal with grammar by asking and explaining 情感态度与价值观 The students can learn a new grammar 1. important words in this passage 2. important phrases in this passage 3. important sentences in this passage 1. blackboard 2. explain and model sentences 月 日
教 学 重、 难 点 教 学 方法 教 学 程 序 设计
Step 1 Lead-in
Good morning. The bell isn’t ringing, is it? Let’s have a free talk. Today I’ m wearing a new dress. I want to feel good and look good. I also find one of you wearing a new sweater. He is very smart, isn’t he? OK, the bell is ringing, isn’t it? Let’s begin our class, shall we? Today we’ll learn question tags. 1.肯定的陈述句+否定的附加疑问句。 He is very smart, isn’t he?
The bell isn’t ringing, is it?
Let’s begin our class, shall we? Please read the sentences on the screen in a falling intonation and a rising intonation, will you?
a. ↘ Yes. ———agreement b.↗ Yes. ———question 2. a. ↗ All right. b. ↘ All right. 3. a. ↘Thank you. b. ↗ Thank you. 4. a. ↘ Good morning. b. ↗ Good morning. 1.
Do you think the sentences have the same meaning in different intonations? No. They have different meanings. Look at the screen. 1. a. Yes.——降调的“Yes.”表示同意对方的观点。 b. Yes.——升调的“Yes？”表示疑问，意为“真的吗？” “是吗？” 。 在回答对方的呼唤时使用，意为“什么事？”或者“怎么 啦？” 2. a. All right.——询问是否一切正常。 b. All right.——表示一切正常。 3. a. Thank you.——表示正式、严肃的感谢。 b. Thank you.——这是出于礼貌而说的客气话。 4. a. Good morning.——这是比较正式的问候。 b. Good morning.——熟悉的朋友之间较随意的问候方式。
Step 2 Intonation
We should know that reading English in correct intonation is very important. Let’s look at a question tag on the screen. How should we read the sentences? You still go to the gym every day, don’t you? You still go to the gym every day, don’t you? ↘ You still go to the gym every day, don’t you? ↗ 1. When we use a question tag to ask for agreement, we expect the other person to agree with us. The question tag has a rising intonation. 2. When we use a question tag to ask for confirmation, we are actually asking about something we are not sure about. The question tag has a rising intonation.
Step 3 Presentation 1. Please look at the pictures and read the sentences in correct intonation.
Wow! I think this blouse will make me look slim, won’t it? This is really difficult but I feel so strong, don’t I? You must get enough sleep to stay healthy, mustn’t you? Eating more fruit makes me feel better, doesn’t it?
2. Read the dialogue and pay attention to the underlined sentences. A Dirty Car
John, Peter and Mark are brothers. Their father has a new car, and they clean it for him, aren’t they? It must have just rained, and the car is very dirty, isn’t it? John is looking at it, and he is talking to Peter. John: The car has hardly been cleaned for a few days, has it? Peter: No, it hasn’t. It’s very dirty. John: Someone ought to clean it today, oughtn’t they/shouldn’t they? Peter: Mark has to clean it, doesn’t he? It must be his turn, isn’t it? John: No, he cleaned it last time. It’s your turn.
No, it isn’t. You always clean it after Mark. Oh dear, is it really my turn? In that case, I’ll clean it tomorrow. Clean it now, will you? Only lazy people say they’ll work tomorrow, don’t they? Then I’ll clean it the day after tomorrow. You are lazy. You ought to be ashamed. I think you should enjoy working, shouldn’t you? Step4 Question Tags Ask the students to read and research the given sentences about Question tags. Discuss some laws of the use of question tags. Someone ought to clean it today, oughtn’t they/shouldn’t they? 1. 当陈述句的主语是 everybody、 everyone,、 someone,、 no one,、 nobody、 somebody 或不定人称代词时，附加疑问句中的主语一般用 they，但在很正式的语体中也可 使用 he。如果主语是 everything、something、 anything、 nothing、 this、that 时，附加疑问句的主语用 it。 Peter: John: Peter: John: Peter:
The car has hardly been cleaned for a few days, has it?
2. 当陈述句带有 seldom、hardly、never、rarely、 little、nobody、nowhere、 few,、 nothing 等否定词或半否定词时，附加疑问句的动词用肯定形式。
Their father has a new car, and they clean it for him, don’t they? It must have just rained, and the car is very dirty, isn’t it?
Only lazy people say they’ll work tomorrow, don’t they? I think you should enjoy working, shouldn’t you?
4. 陈述句部分是复合句时， 附加疑问句部分的主语与主句主语一致。 但如果陈述部 分的主语是 I think、I suppose,、I believe 等结构时，附加疑问句部分则应与从句 中的主语和谓语动词一致。但要注意否定前置的情况。
Their father has a new car, doesn’t he/hasn’t he? Mark has to clean it, doesn’t he?
5. 陈述句部分有表示“有”含义的动词 have/has 时，附加疑问句中的动词部分可以 用 have/has/had 或 do/does/did 形式。而当陈述句部分的 have/has 不表示“有”时， 附加疑问句中的动词部分需用 do/does/did 形式。hey?
It must be his turn, isn’t it?
6. 陈述部分的动词是 must be, 且表示目前情况的猜测时，附加疑问句部分的动词 要用 be 的各种人称变化形式。
It must have just rained, hasn’t it? It must have rained yesterday, didn’t it?
7. 陈述部分的谓语是“must+ have done”, 表示对过去情况的猜测时，附加疑问句 中的动词部分需用 did(有明确的时间状语) 或 have/ has（无明确的过去时间状语 或有与现在相关的时间状语） 。
Clean it now, will you? Let us clean it now, will you? Don’t clean it now, will you? Let’s clean it now, shall we?
8. 在祈使句中，附加疑问句部分一般用“will you”、 “won’t you”、 “would you”, 有
时也可用 “can you”、 “can’t you”、 “could you”等， 可根据语气选择。 如果是 “Let’s” 开头的句子用“shall we”。
Step 5 Practice There are some special usages of question tags. Ask students to go through the grammar usage and finish the following. Now let’s do some exercises and you will choose a letter to decide which one you will do. Step 6 Consolidation
1. Read the following dialogue and complete it with the correct question tags. （P51 Part A） Eric: Carol, come and look at this old photo, will you? Look, this is Mum and this is Dad. But I don’t know anyone else in the photo. You know who they are, (1)_______ _______? Carol: Let me have a look. Wow! That’s Uncle Sam. He looks really young in this photo. Now he’s in Paris, (2)_________ _________? Eric: Yeah. He went there last month. Oh, I know who the boy is. Carol: Which boy? The taller one ? Eric: No. The one who is standing with Mum and dad. He’s our cousin Rob. Carol: Oh, yes. He doesn’t like talking too much, (3) _________ _______? Eric: No, he is very quiet. Who is the slim young lady? She looks pretty, (4)________ __________ ? Carol: You mean the one sitting in the chair reading? I think she’s Ellen, Mum’s best friend. The man beside her is Dave. They’re married, now, (5)_______ ________? Eric: Yes. Are they coming to spend their summer holiday here as usual? Carol: Yes, but they didn’t come last summer. Dave has really changed a lot. He’s put on a lot of weight. You can hardly recognize him in the photo, (6)_________ _________? Eric: Everyone in the picture seems to have put on some weight, (7)________ ________? Carol: That’s the interesting thing about old photos—— you can always see how much time has passed since they were taken, (8)__________ __________? Eric: Exactly! 2. Pay special attention to the underlined sentences and change them with question tags. 3. Read the new dialogues in correct intonation..
Step 7 Homework 1. Finish workbook exercises on P104. Complete the sentences with the correct question tag. 2. There are some special usages of question tags. Ask students to look up them in some materials.
copyright ©right 2010-2020。