Unit 3 A Taste of English Humour 单元检测题
第一部分：听力（共两节，满分 30 分） 第一节（共 5 小题；每小题 1.5 分，满分 7.5 分） 听下面 5 段对话。每段对话后有一个小题，从题中所给的 A、B、C 三个选项中选出最 佳选项，并标在试
卷的相应位置。听完每段对话后，你都有 10 秒钟的时间来回答有关小题 和阅读下一小题。每段对话仅读一遍。 1. Where is Mary? A. In her own office. 2. What is the score? A. 0:40. B. 0:4. C. 0:14. B. In Mrs Green’s office. C. In Dr Brown’s office.
3. How much do the man and the woman have in all? A. $6.00. B. $16.00. C. $26.00.
4. Where does the conversation probably take place? A. In a post office. B. In a bookstore. C. In a department store.
5. Why do they want Intelligence Pills? A. To become cleverer. B. To become healthier. C. To become stronger.
第二节（共 15 小题；每小题 1.5 分，满分 22.5 分） 听下面 5 段对话或独白。每段对话或独白后有几个小题，从题中所给的 A、B、C 三个 选项中选出最佳选项，并标在试卷的相应位置。听每段对话或独白前，你将有时间阅读各个 小题，每小题 5 秒钟；听完后，各小题将给出 5 秒钟的作答时间。每段对话或独白读两遍。 听第 6 段材料，回答第 6、7 题。 6. What are the speakers talking about? A. A job in summer. B. A farm. C. A summer vacation.
7. Where did Jane spend her summer holiday? A. On a farm. B. At home. C. In a fruit garden.
听第 7 段材料，回答第 8、9 题。 8. What can we learn about James Black? A. He’s a little fat. B. He is interesting.
第 1 页 共 17 页
C. He smiles a lot.
9. How are James Black’s lessons? A. Boring. B. Interesting.
听第 8 段材料，回答第 10 至 12 题。 10. What will the woman do this evening? A. To see some Chinese friends off. B. To take good care of Jack. C. To have dinner with some Chinese friends. 11. What’s the matter with the man? A. He’s eaten something bad. B. He’s forgotten to take aspirins. C. He has got a bad headache. 12. Who is the man going to write to? A. His Chinese friends. B. His parents. C. His girlfriend.
听第 9 段材料，回答第 13 至 16 题。 13. Whose party is the man going to? A. Bob’s party. B. Betty’s party. C. Kate’s party.
14. When will the company begin to hire people? A. In early September. B. In late August. C. In June.
15.How many new people will the company need? A. 30 to 45. B. 35 to 45. C. 40 to 45.
16. What do we know about the woman? A. She doesn’t like the job. B. She wants to have a try. C. She hasn’t decided yet.
听第 10 段材料，回答第 17 至 20 题。 17. When do the people arrive at the Lake District? A. In the afternoon. B. In the morning. C. At night.
18. Who do you think is speaking? A. A bus driver. B. A tourist guide. C. A visitor.
19. What’s the weather like today? A. Cool. 20. Where is the bus now?
第 2 页 共 17 页
A. At the Lake District.
C. At the entrance of the park.
B. Driving around the lake.
第二部分：英语知识运用（共两节，满分 45 分） 第一节 单项填空（共 15 小题；每小题 1 分，满分 15 分） 从 A、B、C 和 D 四个选项中，选出可以填入空白处的最佳选项。 21. — I went to the beach and got plenty of rest. — ________ You looked tired last time I saw you. A. You’d better not. C. I am glad you did. B. Why not travel abroad? D. Sounds like a good idea.
22. — How could you ________ my sister so easily in the crowd? — Because she stood out in her red dress. A. pick up B. pick out C. take up D. take out
23. My aunt always loses her way when she is out by herself because she has no ________ of direction. A. sense B. feeling C. touch D. scene
24. Good friends as we are, I still find her difficult to understand ________. A. at times B. at a time C. at one time D. at the time
25. — Did you see the boys yesterday afternoon? — Yes. I saw them ________ the fence when I passed. A. climb B. climbed C. to climb D. climbing
26. — You are late again, Tom? — Sorry, but I got ________ a heavy traffic jam. A. caught in B. taken in C. put off D. held by
27. As a film star she was a success, but as a wife she was ________ failure, so their marriage ended in ________ failure. A. /; / B. /; a C. a; a D. a; /
28. If he shouldn’t have been so ________ about his food, he would be healthier now. A. special B. curious C. particular D. anxious
29. — Do you want anything else for your birthday? — Nothing else. I’m very ________ with what you’ve bought me. A. satisfying B. disappointed C. content
第 3 页 共 17 页
30. — How are the things in your village?
— Modern farming methods have been brought in and the villagers are ________ now than before. A. well off B. better off C. badly off D. worse off
31. — Can you tell us what is important to a businessman? — ________ information. A. Collect B. Collected C. Having collected D. Collecting
32. In order not to let the others hear what he said, he ________ the news to me. A. shouted B. told C. whispered D. said
33. The country itself didn’t have enough gas because of the war, so the government decided to ________ its gas supplies to other countries. A. hide away B. cut off C. insist on D. break up
34. — What have you done with your arm? — A little boy ________ my bike and knocked me off it. A. knocked into B. came into C. got into D. broke into
35. Our teacher looked here and there on our playground ________ looking for something. A. even though B. even if C. as if D. only if
第二节 完形填空（共 20 小题；每小题 1.5 分，满分 30 分） 阅读下面短文，掌握其大意，然后从每题所给的四个选项（A、B、C 和 D）中，选出 最佳选项。 Charlie Chaplin was the first international star of the modern era. He was especially beloved for his Little Tramp 36. He was the first screen artist to write, 37 and perform in his own films; in fact, 38, Charlie Chaplin even wrote the music for his movies. He was also the first artist to use his work to pass a 39 of equality and justice for all — 40 for the "little guy". Charlie Chaplin's career and life made 41 the first global icon (偶像); his too-small hat, his too large shoes and his trademark moustache were instantly 42 by audiences from Chicago to China, from Iowa City to India. And they 43 are today. All of these make Charlie Chaplin the first citizen of our global village. Chaplin, a native of London, was born in 44 on April 16, 1889 to music hall performers. Chaplin only saw his 45 twice until the age of seven. The man 46 him and his mother about a year
第 4 页 共 17 页
after Chaplin was 47. During Chaplin's earliest years, his mother was a(n) 48 and performer. Then her voice gave out, her stage career 49, and she began actively 50 Church of England services. At the age of 51, Chaplin's mother was considered as the insane and sent to Cane Hill lunatic asylum (疯人院), and the 52 sent Charlie and his brother to live with his father, 53 had by then stopped all payments of child support. Charlie Chaplin lived with his father only a short time 54 his mother was released from the lunatic asylum and then 55 Charlie and his brother, to live with her once again. 36. A. character 37. A. act 38. A. in case of 39. A. possibility 40. A. generally 41. A. him 42. A. believed 43. A. really 44. A. happiness 45. A. brother 46. A. taught 47. A. born 48. A. actor 49. A. ended 50. A. attending 51. A. eight 52. A. mother 53. A. which 54. A. then 55. A. took away B. behaviour B. shoot B. in this case B. message B. widely B. them B. recognized B. always B. luck B. teacher B. left B. young B. artist B. began B. working B. seven B. police B. what B. when B. picked up C. personality C. direct C. in case C. culture C. especially C. us C. realized C. still C. poverty C. mother C. loved C. ill C. dancer C. broke C. joining C. nine C. family C. he C. before C. took apart D. gentleman D. edit D. in some cases D. promise D. totally D. it D. known D. ever D. peace D. father D. expected D. old D. singer D. continued D. asking D. ten D. court D. who D. until D. brought up
第三部分：阅读理解（共 10 小题；每小题 2 分，满分 20 分） 阅读下列短文, 从每题所给的四个选项(A、B、C 和 D)中，选出最佳选项。 A
第 5 页 共 17 页
Three blondes (金发碧眼的女人) were being trained to become detectives by a policeman. To test their skills in recognizing a suspect (嫌疑犯), the policeman showed the first blonde a picture for five seconds and then asked how she could recognize him. She thought it easy, for the suspect had only one eye. The policeman felt disappointed at this funny answer. He showed the second lady the picture for five seconds and asked her how she would recognize him. The second blonde giggled, flipped her hair, and said, "Ha! It’s easy to find the one-eared person!" Her answer also made the policeman angry. Turning to the third lady, he asked, "This is your suspect, and how would you recognize him?" He added quickly, "Think hard before giving a stupid answer." The third blonde looked at the picture carefully for a moment and said, "HMMMM ... the suspect is wearing contact lenses (隐形眼镜)." The policeman was surprised and speechless, because he really didn't know himself if the suspect wore contacts or not. "Well, that is a good answer. Wait here for a few minutes while I check his file." He left the room and went to his office, checked the suspect's file in his computer and returned with a beaming smile. "Wow! I can't believe it ... it's TRUE! The suspect does in fact wear contact lenses. Good work! How were you able to make such a wise observation?" "That's easy," the blonde replied, "he can't wear glasses because he only has one eye and one ear!" 56. Which of the following cannot conclude from the passage that detectives should have? A. They must be charming. B. Their observation must be keen. C. They must be humorous. D. They must be good at thinking. 57. According to the passage we can infer that ________. A. the suspect was easy to be recognized B. the picture was just a side of the suspect C. the suspect must be a disabled person D. the suspect was caught by the policeman 58. What will probably happen to the three blondes after this test? A. The first blonde may be accepted as a detective at once. B. The second blonde may be accepted as a detective at once. C. The third blonde is good at thinking and needn’t any training.
第 6 页 共 17 页
D. All of them may be given more training courses or fired.
Honestly, since my daughter was born, I have thought a lot about how to raise a child. I once heard a story that told about when a baby was born. The story said that when a baby was born, a new master was born. The parents of that baby would become the servants. The question is: Why? Based on my observation, this phenomenon is true. Most parents who don't pay much attention to their kids have difficulties with their kids' attitude. I'll make a comparison of how two families raise their children. The first one is a family with three children. Both mother and father never say "No" to their children's demands. As a result, all of their children became stubborn and won't listen to their parents’ words, "We can't." The second family educated their children strictly from one year old to high school. The parents never approved or agreed directly to give their children what they wanted. They always postponed one or two days, even if they could afford it. Due to the way their parents educated them, these children understood that if they wanted something, they had to wait or they had to make an effort first. As a result, all the kids from the second family successfully graduated from university on time. In my opinion, if we want to be successful parents and raise our children well, we have to start disciplining them when they are toddlers but not wait until they become teenagers. 59. Why did the writer give two different stories in this passage? A. To help prove his opinion about raising a child. B. To list different ways that parents may take. C. To criticize some parents’ foolish action. D. To prove that his way of education is right. 60. What does the underlined word “postponed” in the third paragraph mean? A. Carried out at once. C. Put off. B. Gave up. D. Made a decision.
61. In the writer’s opinion, which of the following about raising a child is TRUE? A. Children should be respected once they were born. B. Parents should educate their children as early as possible. C. It is right time to educate their children when they are teenagers.
第 7 页 共 17 页
D. Children should be helped whenever they make mistakes.
Students often meet with questions as follows: bullied by someone, worried about a weak subject, puzzled by family problems or concerned about pets at home. All the questions above may make you not concentrated on your study. Who can you turn to if you are such an unlucky student? A great person to share your thoughts and feelings with is your school counsellor(顾问). Add school counsellors to the list of people you can turn to when you need help. They know how to listen and can help kids with life's challenges(挑战). Counsellors have special training in how to help kids solve problems, make decisions, and stand up for themselves. That doesn't mean your counsellor will wave a magic wand and the problem will go away. But it does mean he or she will help you cope with(应付) it. Coping is an important word to know. Sometimes, kids and grown-ups have difficult problems. Coping means that someone is trying to handle these problems and make things better. Your school counsellor is available for you and wants to make your school experience the best it can be. The counsellor's job is to take your problem seriously and help you find a solution. The counsellor also wants to help you learn as much as you can in class, be a contributing member of the school community, and be a positive influence on your environment. 62. From the underlined sentence we may infer that ________. A. a school counsellor is one of those who can help you B. school counsellors are those you can make friends with C. one needs various people to help him or her D. one has to know and deal with all kinds of people at school 63. According to the passage, which of the following happens that you may not turn to the counsellors? A. Other students treat you cruelly. B. You are too poor to go to school. C. You are weak in one subject. D. You have family problem. 64. What does the writer think of the school counsellors? A. They can solve any questions you meet with.
第 8 页 共 17 页
B. They can help students get their life or study improved. C. They are as important as teachers in schools. D. They may punish those who have bullied you. 65. Which of the following may be the best title of the passage? A. School counsellors B. School problems C. Students’ problems D. Free counsellors 第四部分：写作（共两节，满分 25 分） 第一节 主观阅读（共 5 小题; 每小题 2 分, 共 10 分） 阅读下面短文，根据文章内容回答下列问题。 When I was at primary school in the second grade, I used to follow my elder sister who is five years older than me. She loved sports and was always playing basketball and softball. She was also a runner and was good at it. She brought home some running awards, so I was motivated and started running, too. I started training at school and never missed even a day. Even if it was raining, I was training. At first I was not very good; but as the years passed, I got better and better and started to win some competitions. Breaking records In 1994, I won the Mexican National Championships. Later, I won fourth place in the Pan-American games that were held in Santiago de Chile. In 1996, I broke the Mexican record; and in 1997, I won fourth place in the Central American Games. In 1997 and 1998, I again won the Mexican National Championships and broke the Mexican records. Now I want to improve my personal record of 19 feet, 2 inches. Plans for the future I'm in Houston now, training with coach Tom Tellez at the University of Houston. He is the best coach in the world. He also trained Carl Lewis, one of the best US athletes. I have the support of my parents who always come with me to all my meets. I think that's why I'm where I am. Next year I have some very important competitions. One of them is in Canada in July 1999. I hope I do well.
第 9 页 共 17 页
66. How did the writer get along with his sister when he was a primary student? ___________________________________________________________________________ 67. What did the writer do to win so many championships? ___________________________________________________________________________ 68. What does the writer think of his success? ___________________________________________________________________________ 69. How about the writer’s achievements now? ___________________________________________________________________________ 70. What do you think about the writer’s future? ___________________________________________________________________________ 第二节 书面表达（15 分） 目前我们国家在建设节约型社会， 请你根据自己的实际生活情况， 向全校同学发出倡议。 内容从下面几个方面着手，开头已给出，不计入总词数。词数 100 左右。 1. 吃零食方面； 2. 服装打扮方面； 3. 节约用水、电方面； 4. 文具方面。 Dear classmates, Chairman Hu called on the whole society to build China into a saving country last year. As a student, I think __________________________________________________________________ 选做题： 阅读下面短文，在各横线上写出空白处所缺的单词 (每空一词)，使补足后的短文意思 通顺、结构完整。（共 10 小题; 每小题 1 分, 共 10 分） Charlie Chaplin was a small child his mother, who was 72 71 he got his first break by performing in place of 73 films when his
from severe mental illness. He got his start
half-brother Sydney got him a job with the Karno Company in England. He came to the United States and 74 Mack Sennet's Keystone Studio. Along the way Chaplin did 75 that
made him a famous figure world wide — he invented the Tramp. He went to the costume (服装) room at the studio and began combining pieces of that was too small, shoes that were too 76 until he was wearing a derby hat, vest 78 a cane. The
77 , a brush-mustache, and was
第 10 页 共 17 页
79 a man from his 80 and special.
costume seemed to produce the character. He remembered the walk
childhood and copied it. The character became his trademark, and made him
参考答案 1-5 CCCCA 21-25 CBAAD 36-40 ACDBC 56-60 CBDAC 6-10 CBCBC 26-30 ADCCB 41-45 ABCCD 61-65 BABBA 11-15 CBCCC 31-35 DCBAC 46-50 BADAA 51-55 BDDCB 16- 20 BABCB
66. He went to school with his sister, admired her success and followed her example. It was his sister who made the writer get interested in sports. 67. After making up his mind to take up sports, he was concentrated on his aim. After years’ hard training, he became better and better. He was hardworking and believed in himself. So he became a national champion and won great achievements in international competitions. 68. He owed his success to his hard training, his coach and the support from his parents. 69. He has won several Mexican National Championships and broken the national record again and again. He is trying to get better progress and improve his personal record. 70. Since he is such a hardworking sportsman, with the top coach’s help and support from his parents, he is sure to be more and more excellent. 书面表达 One possible version: Chairman Hu called on the whole society to build China into a saving country last year. As a student, I think we should do something in answer to his call. We can’t do something great but we may do something closely connected with our life. At first, we’d better not waste money on too
第 11 页 共 17 页
much junk food such as ice cream, soft drinks or bread. It’s unnecessary for us to pay much attention to dressing, which will cost our parents’ much money. We must learn to save electricity and water. Whenever we leave our classrooms, we must turn off the lights and don’t turn them on in the day time. It’s a bad habit to leave the water flowing all the time. Everyone should remember to turn off the taps after using water. Although we have to buy some pens, pencils, notebooks and some other things for study, we mustn’t waste them. If everyone does a bit, we may help a lot in the project organized by Chairman Hu. 选做题： 71. when 76. clothing 72. suffering 77. big 73. in 78. carrying 重点解析 21. C。根据第二个人说的“我上次见到你时你看上去很累”来判断，第一个说话者需要好好 休息，而第一个人说“got plenty of rest”，所以答语应为“我很高兴你得到了充足的休 息”。 22. B。根据后面的“穿着红色的衣服很显眼”来判断，上句需要表达的意思是“是怎么辨认出 来的”，所以选 pick out，意为“挑选出；辨认出”。pick up 意为“捡起；得到”；take up 意为“拿起；占据”；take out 意为“拿出；取出”。 23. A。have no sense of direction 是习惯用法，指没有方向感。 24. A。句意为：就像我们这样的好朋友，我 ____ 仍然很难理解她。这里表达的是偶然的 情况，所以选 at times，意为“有时候”。at a time 意为“每次；逐一；依次”；at one time 意为“同时；曾经”；at the time 意为“在那时”。 25. D。根据“when I passed”来判断，这里说的是正在发生的情况，see sb doing sth 指“看到某 人正在做某事”。see sb do sth 指“看见某人做了某事”，看到事件的过程。 26. A。be / get caught in 是固定搭配，指“突然碰上；突然遭受”，多用于被动结构。 27. D。failure 表示“失败的人或事”时，是可数名词；表示“失败”时，是不可数名词。第一空 指“失败者”，所以用 a；第二空指“以失败告终”，所以不加冠词。 28. C。be particular about 意为“对……挑剔”；be curious about 意为“对……好奇”；special 意 为“特别的；特殊的”；anxious 意为“担忧的；焦急的”。根据句意选 C。 29. C。be content with 意为“对……感到满意”，相当于 be satisfied with；be disappointed at 指 “对……感到失望”；be honest with 指“对……说老实话”。
第 12 页 共 17 页
74. joined 79. of
75. something 80. famous
30. B。根据前面的“引进了现代化的耕种方法”来判断，村民的生活比以前“更富裕了”，所以 用 well off 的比较级 better off。worse off 是 badly off 的比较级。 31. D。根据上面的问句可知，是对主语的提问，所以用 collecting information 作主语，后面 省略了 is important to a businessman。 32. C。 为了不让别人听到， 只好“小声把消息告诉了我”， 所以用 whisper， 指“耳语； 低声说”。 其他选项不合句意。 33. B。根据句意，因战争而导致煤气不足，所以应该是切断对国外的供应。cut off its gas supplies 指“切断煤气的供应”。 hide away 意为“隐藏； 藏起”； insist on 意为“坚决要求”； break up 意为“打碎；分裂”。 34. A。knock into 意为“撞上；撞见”；break into 意为“闯入”。 35. C。根据前面的 looked here and there 判断，我们的老师“好像”在找东西，所以用 as if。 36. A。卓别林因其扮演“小流浪汉”的角色而深受大家喜爱。此处 character 指“角色”，符合 句意。behaviour 意为“行为；举止”；personality 指“个性”；gentleman 意为“绅士”。 37. C。卓别林以其自编、自导、自演出名，句中提到了 write(编剧)和 perform(演出)，所以 direct(导演)符合逻辑。act 和 perform 都可指“表演”；edit 意为“编辑”，shoot 可指“拍 摄”，都与上下文不符。 38. D。in some cases 指“在某些情况下”或“有时”。in case of 意为“假设；万一”；in this case 意为“既然这样”；in case 意为“万一”。 39. B。pass a massage 指传递信息；possibility 意为“可能性”；culture 意为“文化”；promise 意为“允诺”。 40. C。卓别林在电影中传达了一种平等和正义的信息，especially(专门)面向小人物。 41. A。全文谈卓别林的生平、事迹，他成为人们的偶像，所以应该选 him，前后逻辑一致。 42. B。他的小帽子，肥大的鞋子和标志性的小胡子为观众所“认可”。 43. C。用 still 指前面提到的内容在今天仍然被人们接受。 44. C。通过下文看出卓别林的童年是贫困的。 45. D。根据下文可以看出是他父亲，后面讲他和妈妈一起生活。 46. B。上文提到只见过其父亲两次说明其父亲“离开”了他们。 47. A。此处讲述卓别林童年的事情，侧重他爸爸离家的时间是在卓别林出生后一年左右。 48. D。通过下文“her voice gave out”推断，她应该是一个歌手。 49. A。根据上文看出其演艺生涯结束了。
第 13 页 共 17 页
50. A。attend 意为“出席；参加；参与”。
51. B。从第 45 空所在位置的句子，可以看出是在他七岁的时候。 52. D。四个选项中只有法庭有权利让他父亲再抚养他们。 53. D。此处是非限制性定语从句，先行词为人，所以用 who。 54. C。根据下文看出他妈妈从精神病院出来后把他们接走，说明在妈妈出院前，他们是和 爸爸在一起。 55. B。pick up 指“接走”。take away 指“取走”；take apart 意为“拆开；粗暴对待”；bring up 意为“教育；培养”。根据句意选 B。 56. C。警察之所以培训这样的女士，首先是因为她们的长相，但单凭这些是不能胜任侦探 工作的，她们还要有敏锐的观察和分析能力。是否需要幽默，文中并没有提到。 57. B。第一个女孩看到嫌疑犯只有“一只眼睛”，第二个女孩看到只有“一个耳朵”，警察对这 两个人的回答都感到滑稽、可笑，由此可以推测这张画像是一个人的侧面照。 58. D。她们本来就是在接受训练，而对于这次测试的结果，可以看出三个人目前在这方面 是没有什么值得称赞的，所以继续培训或被解雇的可能性都存在。 59. A。作者给出两个例子的目的是从反正方面说明自己的观点。 60. C。根据上下文，前面提到家长从来不立即给予答复，下文提到孩子们知道了家长的原 则，每次提出要求后也总是等上一段时间或做出努力。可见该单词的意思是“推迟”。 61. B。根据文章最后一段，作者谈到要教育孩子就要从孩子学步时开始，而不是等到他们 都到了十几岁时才开始。 62. A。句义理解题，提示读者他们是可以在需要时给予帮助的人，所以应加到能帮助人的 名单中。 63. B。排除题。根据文中涉及的内容，没有提到即为排除对象。学生在校遇到的问题在第 一段进行了列举，答案 B 不在此范围内。 64. B。第二段提到学校顾问是经过专门培训的专家，他们能够帮助学生处理问题，改善学 生的学习环境和心理素质。 65. A。学校顾问是该文的中心话题，全文首先提出学生在校可能遇到的问题，然后提出解 决 问 题 的 人 选 ， 进 而 对 该 人 选 的 作 用 和 工 作 方 法 进 行 了 介 绍 ， 所 以 用 “School counsellors”作为标题最合适。 听力原文 (Text 1)
第 14 页 共 17 页
M: I can’t find Mary anywhere.
W: She is in Dr Brown’s office, just next door to Mrs Green’s. (Text 2) W: Please tell me the result of yesterday’s football match. M: Well, it was terrible. Our team lost. And the score was zero to fourteen. (Text 3) M: Oh, how crazy I am! I have only $18.00 left after shopping. W: You’re better than I. I have only $8.00 (Text 4) M: Do you have any shoes like these? W: Sorry. We don’t have any. (Text 5) M: I didn’t do well in the exam this time. W: Neither did I. M: I’m planning to go to the supermarket for some intelligence pills. W: Get some for me. (Text 6) M: Hello, Jane. W: Hi, Harry. Did you have a good summer holiday? M: Of course. I went to my uncle’s farm. W: Really? What interesting things did you do there? M: I helped to harvest some rice, take care of the fruit garden and drive the tractor. W: Drive a tractor? M: Yes. It was easy to learn and gave me a lot of fun. What about your holiday? W: Boring. I stayed at home to finish my essay. (Text 7) M: Kate, I heard that you’ve got a new chemistry teacher? W: Yes, his name is James Black. M: Oh, I know him. He’s a little thin man who smiles a lot. W: His classes are always lively and interesting. And we all watch and listen to him very carefully
第 15 页 共 17 页
in his class.
M: It’s important to watch carefully when you’re studying chemistry, I think. W: He often says that too. So we are never allowed to do anything without watching. (Text 8) W: Jack? It’s me, Mary. Am I calling at a bad time? M: No. That’s okay. Is it something important? W: Not really. Some Chinese friends are here for a few days and they want to go for a meal this evening. I thought maybe you’d like to come. M: I’m afraid I can’t. I’ve got a bad headache. W: I am sorry to hear that. Why not take a couple of aspirins and lie down for a bit? You’ll be all right in half an hour. M: Yes, I know. It’s not just the headache. I’m afraid I have to write to my parents, too. W: All right. Some other time then. Take care of yourself. (Text 9) M: Hi, Betty, how are you today? W: Fine. And you? M: Very well. Are you going to Kate’s party tonight? W: I’d love to, but I can’t. I have to find a job. M: My father’s company will need some people to work for the whole summer. It’s a computer company. W: That sounds interesting. Do you know what kind of jobs they offer? M: Well, I’m not sure, but my father said they would hire forty to forty-five new people. The interview begins in June. The working period will last about two months, that is, till the end of August, or the beginning of September. W: I’ll try it. (Text 10) Ladies and gentlemen, attention, please. Our bus will arrive at the Lake District in a few minutes. You can feel the comfortable cool air coming from the lake. This is a favourite place for tourists in summer, especially on such a hot afternoon. This area is one of the British national parks. People began to build houses around the lake a hundred years ago, so in this park you can
第 16 页 共 17 页
have a special view of houses of all shapes, styles and colours. In late autumn and winter, this park will become the best place for people to have a good walk. Now our bus is driving around the lake. And it will take us to a good spot, where you can take the most wonderful photos you’ve ever taken.
第 17 页 共 17 页
copyright ©right 2010-2020。