2011 年全国中学生英语能力竞赛初赛高一年级组试题 听力部分（共四大题，计 30 分） I. 听辨单词 (Words) （共 5 小题，计 5 分） 听句子，选出句子中出现的单词。每个句子只读一遍。 （答案涂在答题纸上） 1. A. health helpful B. hungry D. happy C.
2. A. climbing B. cooking
camping D. cleaning 3. A. grass class 4. A. mouth maths B. glass D. plus B. month D. match
5. A. programme B. problem passenger D. policeman
II. 问句应答 (Responses) （共 5 小题，计 5 分） 听问句， 选出其最佳的应答句。 每个句子只读一遍。 （答 案涂在答题纸上） 6. A. I always go to the zoo on foot on Sunday morning. B. It's about three miles from the hospital to the zoo.
C. It takes me 20 minutes to find the monkeys at the zoo. D. I think it is a great idea to go to the zoo together. 7. A. We're going to play football. sunny yesterday. B. It was very
C. My sister is very funny sometimes. D. I like wearing T-shirts in summer. 8. A. I don't feel well. I have to go to the doctor. B. Certainly. You can keep them for three weeks. C. I'm afraid I can't go with you. I'm really busy. D. I can understand most films in French now. 9. A. Two teaspoons of sugar. metres. C. For two weeks. please. 10. A. You can take a No. 6 bus. 7019. C. I can't find my phone. is 1362. B. About 39
D. Two kilos,
B. It's 020 7303
D. My room number
III. 对话理解 (Dialogues) （共 10 小题，计 10 分）
A) 听五组小对话，选择描述正确的图片回答问题。每 组对话读两遍。（答案涂在答题纸上） 11.Where is the cinema?
12. What will David buy for Lisa's birthday?
13. In which country did Emma enjoy her holiday?
14. How much did the ticket cost?
15. How does the man go to work every day?
B) 听一组长对话，根据其内容选择最佳选项回答下列 各题。对话读两遍。（答案涂在答题纸上） 16. Why will Mrs Lee leave on Saturday? A. She likes to travel on Saturday. doesn't want to leave late. C. She is busy on Sunday. ticket is for Saturday. 17. When will Mrs Lee arrive in London? B. She
A. At 8:00. 11:50.
B. At 10:00. D. At 11:15.
18. Where will Mrs Lee have a meeting after she arrives in London? A. At a factory. B. At the airport. hotel. D. At an office. C. At a
19. What will Mrs Lee do that evening in London? A. Meet people in a restaurant. visit the British Museum. C. Have dinner at a French hotel. golf with her friends. B. Go to
20. How will Mrs Lee go to Paris the next morning? A. By air. sea. B. By train. D. By bus. C. By
IV. 短文理解 (Passages) （共 10 小题，计 10 分） A) 听短文，根据其内容选择最佳选项回答问题。短文 读两遍。（答案涂在答题纸上） 21. How many hours does Don work a day? A. Eight. and a half. B. Seven. D. Seven and a half. C. Eight
22. Don and his workmates get about _________ letters every day.
A. 6,000 600
B. 60,000 D. 60
23. Don feels happy when _________. A. he watches football matches on TV B. he helps his wife with the housework C. he goes out to have dinner with his friends D. he gives someone a letter from their country 24. What does Don think of his job? He thinks it's _________. A. boring easy B. important D. terrible C.
25. What doesn't Don like about his job? A. Getting up too early. letters. C. Winter days and dogs. home late. B. Too many
B) 非选择题：听短文，根据其内容完成下面的表格。 短文读两遍。（答案写在答题纸上）
笔试部分（共七大题，计 120 分） I. 选择填空 (Vocabulary and structure) (共 20 小题， 计 20 分)
A) 选择能够替换划线部分的最佳选项。（答案涂在答 题纸上） 31. Finally, he thanked them and went back to his village in the evening. A. At last Next B. Then D. At least C.
32. Lily is very happy because she is off today. A. really busy B. working hard not at work D. on business C.
33. This basket is too heavy for me to carry. Could you please give me a hand? A. look at me help me C. lend me your basket have a rest B.
34. Did they have a great time at Ann's birthday party last night? A. enjoy themselves on a picnic C. help themselves have no trouble B. go
35. I have lots of honey but few apples, so give me some apples, please.
A. many a little
B. much D. a lot
B) 选出下列各题的最佳选项。（答案涂在答题纸上） 36. She began to study English _________ the age of ten and now she can write a letter _________ English. A. on; at at; for B. in; on D. at; in C.
37. —Did you do well in your _________ history exam? —Not too bad. I got _________ “B”. A. / ; an / ; a B. the; a D. a; the C.
38. I like fruit salad very much. Can you tell me how _________ it? A. bought will I have B. eating D. to make C.
39. —What was the date yesterday? —It was _________. A. Wednesday B. a fine day 4th April D. a cloudy day C.
40. The famous writer would like to _________ time in the beautiful countryside. A. spend take B. cost D. pay C.
41. —Did she play basketball yesterday afternoon? —No, she _________. A. goes shopping visited her aunt C. will stay at home is doing some cleaning B.
42. _________ people _________ walking along the beach. A. A small number of; is The number of; are C. A number of; are The number of; is 43. —It's very late. _________ take a taxi? —Good idea. A. Would you like B. How about What about D. Why not C. B.
44. My Japanese is not very good, so I can _________ understand a Japanese when he speaks too fast. A. nearly hardly B. almost D. ever C.
45. —When you finish _________ your novel, remember _________ me a call, OK? —All right.
A. to write; gave B. writing; to give read; to send D. reading; giving C) 情景会话。（答案涂在答题纸上） 46. —What does your cousin look like? —_________. —Can he play volleyball? —Of course. A. He is a student He likes bananas very much C. He is tall and thin He went fishing this morning 47. —Dad, I'm not sleeping well these days. —_________. —OK, I'll do that. A. That sounds like a good idea B. Really? You'd better go to the doctor C. I really want to win the prize D. I am glad to hear that 48. —Let's go skating this afternoon. —_________.
—That's too bad. Maybe another time. A. I'd like to, but I have a lot of things to do B. You just need this football C. The sports car is very expensive D. Great, skating is my favorite sport 49. —It's chips for lunch. _________? —Not fish again, please, and we had chicken last night. —Well, let's have beef and vegetables. A. How is the weather What would you like with them C. What time is it How was your holiday B.
50. —Are you taking the train to Scotland, Wendy? —No, I'm driving there. It's cheaper. —_________? —It takes nine hours to get there on a bus. A. Why don't you go there by bus Would you please show me your car C. How long does it take to walk there Would you like to take the train B.
II. 阅读理解(Reading comprehension)（共 20 小题，计 30 分；51—60 小题每题 1 分，61—70 小题每题 2 分） A
阅读上面的卡片，根据其内容选择最佳答案完成下列各 题。（答案涂在答题纸上） 51. _________ license number is B395961136. A. Michael's Phyllis' B. Mary's D. Bob's C.
52. Mary H. Strenton _________. A. is a student in America is from the UK C. was born in 1975 lives in Canada 53. Which card shows the card's date of issue? A. The California Driver's License. The Student Card of University of Texas. C. The European Identification Card. The Health Insurance Card. 54. What do the four cards have in common? A. They each show the person's height. B. Each card has its own number. B. B.
C. All of the cards show the person's date of birth. D. None of the cards show the person's place of birth. 55. Which of the following is TRUE? A. Phyllis Roth is studying medicine. B. Michael T. Wright was born in September. C. Bob Harris was born in Canada. D. Mary H. Strenton is younger than Michael T. Wright. B Last year, I had a great trip to Hearst Castle at San Simeon in California. Hearst Castle was built by William Randolph Hearst between 1922 and 1939, at a cost of more than $30 million—about $277 million today. I spent all day looking around, but a day wasn't enough time to see everything. There was so much to see. Hearst Castle has four houses. The main house, “Casa Grande”, is much bigger than the other three, which were used for guests. Many of these guests were Hollywood film stars, and they often came to Hearst's parties.
At Hearst Castle, there are 56 bedrooms, 61 bathrooms and 19 sitting rooms. There are also beautiful gardens, a garage for 25 large cars and two swimming pools, one inside and a larger one outside. I loved the one outside, the “Neptune Pool”—it was a pity we couldn't go swimming! I found the tour very helpful. The guide told me that Hearst, at the age of ten, toured Europe with his mother, looking at paintings and castles. He never forgot this tour and decided that he wanted his house to look like a castle. Hearst died in 1951, and his family gave Hearst Castle to the people of California. It is now a museum. 阅读短文，根据其内容对下列句子进行判断。正确的， 请选择 A；错误的，请选择 B；文中没有提及的，请选择 C。 （答案涂在答题纸上） 56. Hearst Castle at San Simeon in California was cheap to build. 57. Hearst Castle is on a mountain near the sea. 58. Many Hollywood film stars came to Hearst's parties and used the houses there. 59. The swimming pools at Hearst Castle are the same size. 60. After Hearst died in 1951, the Hearst family still lived at Hearst Castle.
C The polar bear's name in Latin is Ursus maritimus, meaning“ sea bear”. It got this name because it spends most of its time in the Arctic seas. It is also called by other names, for example, the white bear or the ice bear. When a polar bear gets out of the sea, it shakes water from its fur like a dog or it removes the water by rolling on the ice. (61) It is very cold where polar bears live. The temperature is very often as low as -55℃. The polar bear is the largest meat-eating animal on land. The male weighs from 350 to 650 kg and he is two and a half to three metres long — almost as long as a car. A polar bear's skin is black but its fur has no colour — it looks white when the sun shines is black but its fur has no colour — it looks white when the sun shines on the ice. It has big feet so it can stand easily on the ice. The polar bear likes to live alone. It walks long distances, sometimes 30 km a day, because it needs to find food. The bear eats fish and it also enjoys seal meat. It goes swimming or lies in the sun when it isn't looking for food! It is a very good swimmer. The female bear usually has two babies once every three years. The babies, or cubs, are born in November. Sometimes the cubs die in their first year because they
have an accident or they don't get enough food to eat. (62) If they live, they stay with their mother for nearly two years but then they must leave her to go and live alone on the ice. There are only about 25,000 polar bears alive today. The areas where they live have many problems with pollution, and there are also problems with thin ice. Polar bears need your help! A）将文中划线的 61、62 小题的两处句子分别翻译成汉 语。（答案写在答题纸上） B）根据短文内容回答下列各题。（答案写在答题纸上） 63. Why does the polar bear sometimes walk 30 km a day? 64. What problems do the polar bears' living places have? D The Eurovision Song Contest takes place in May every year. Before the final competition, people in each country choose the song they want to represent （代 表） their country. The idea of the contest is to promote（促 进） pop music from all of the different countries and to give an opportunity to new singers and composers.
Only members of the European Broadcasting Union can take part in the competition. Singers do not have to have the nationality of the countries they represent. For example, in 1963 the singer Nana Mouskouri represented Luxembourg, although she is Greek. Since 1986, singers must be over 16, after a 13-year-old from Belgium won th e competition in 1985. In the first years of Eurovision only the United Kingdom, Ireland, and Malta could sing in English. Now there are no rules about languages, so groups can sing in their own languages, or in English if they want to. Today almost all countries sing in English. The competition is always in the country where the last year's winner came from. The country with the most winners is Ireland, and many Eurovision singers have become very famous, for example Abba and Julio Iglesias. 阅读短文，根据其内容回答下列各题。（答案写在答题 纸上） 65. How old should the Eurovision singers be in 1991? 66. In what language can the Eurovision singers sing now? 67. Which country has the most Eurovision winners? E
阅读上面的目录， 根据其内容完成下列各句， 每空一词。 （答案写在答题纸上） 68. This book gives readers information about travelling in _________ and it has four _________ and more than 233 pages. 69. If you want to know the _________ _________, you can turn to Page 184. 70. You can find something about _________ in Chapter 7 and if you are interested in shopping, you can read Chapter _________. III. 完形填空(Cloze)(共 20 小题，计 20 分) A) 阅读短文，根据其内容用括号内所给动词的适当形 式填空。（答案写在答题纸上） Mr Anderson works as a headmaster in a middle school. His father (71)_________ (have) a factory in a town and makes a lot of money. Mr Anderson's father loves his son very much and gives his son everything he wants. However, Mr Anderson keeps (72)_________ (try) to save everything he can. One summer it was raining hard for a long time and many people (73)_________ (lose) their houses and farms during a flood. The government asked people to help those who (74)_________ (be) in trouble. As a headmaster, Mr Anderson told the whole school
(75)_________(collect) money for the people who had lost their homes. “Each of us should (76)_________ (help) the farmers who are in trouble after the flood,” he said at a school meeting. Mr Anderson's speech moved all the teachers and the students. They (77) _________ (do) their best to help the hungry people with money and goods. Mr Anderson was very pleased with the result. As soon as he (78)_________ (get) home that afternoon, his little son asked Mr Anderson to buy him a new motorbike. The little boy had given his old one to the people in need. “How dare you do that?” Mr Anderson said angrily. “You told us to collect money this morning, (79)_________ (not, do) you?” “Yes, I did,” (80)_________ (say) the father. “But I was asking for other children, not for you!” B) 阅读短文，根据其上下文语境提示，用方框中所给 单词或短语的适当形式填空，每个只可用一次。其中有 5 个 多余。（答案写在答题纸上） sell, from, watermelon, yes, shout, sorry, wonderfully, out, by oneself, piece, knife, the, buy, any, can
I roll my giant, juicy, (81)_________ watermelon out the back door to our picnic table. Mum brings a (82)_________ and some paper plates. My sister follows her. “Oh, (83)________ _,” she says. “I want some.” “(84)_________,” I tell her. “I'm going to eat it all by myself.” “Mum!” she complains. “Your sister saved her money and (85)_________ it herself. She decides what to do with it.” My brother comes out next. “Oh, watermelon,” he says, “Can I have some?” “No way,” by myself.” I tell him. “I'm going to eat it all
“Mum!” my brother (86)_________. “It's your sister's watermelon. She decides.” “You can't eat that all (87)_________,” he says. “Yes, I (88)_________!” Mum cuts the watermelon into four (89)_________, and then cuts each of those in half. Eight pieces total.
I reach for my first piece and take a bite. Red juice runs down my chin (下巴). My father comes (90)_________. “Oh, watermelon!” he says, seeing it. “Don't even ask,” says my brother. “She won't share,” my sister adds. IV. 句式转换 (Sentence pattern transf to the swimming club? 92. There were some sharks in the aquarium. （改为否 定句） There _________ _________ sharks in the aquarium. 93. Jack can't go shopping because he has to help his mother with the housework. （对划线部分提问） _________ _________ Jack go shopping? 94. What time does Maria read English books after supper every day? （用 the day before yesterday 改写句子） What time _________ Maria _________ English books after supper the day before yesterday? 95. Those children need the man's advice and help. （改 为一般疑问句） _________ those children _________ the man's advice and help?
B) 根据上句改写下句，使两句意思相同或相近。每空 一词。（答案写在答题纸上） 96. Which city do you like best? What is your _________ _________?
97. To get from this village to that one usually takes 30 minutes. _________ usually _________ 30 minutes to get from this village to that one. 98. Bruce has breakfast quickly every day. Bruce has a _________ _________ every day. 99. Bob is fifteen years old, and Paul is fifteen years old, too. Bob is _________ old _________ Paul. 100. The boy didn't go to the zoo last weekend because he had a sore back. The boy didn't go to the zoo last weekend _________ _________ his sore back. V. 翻译(Translation)（共 5 小题，计 10 分） 根据提示，将下列汉语句子翻译成英语。（答案写在答 题纸上） 101. 请往牛奶里加些糖。（add...to） ________________________________________
102. 我将一直在这儿等到下午两点钟。（until） ________________________________________ 103. 我认为一个好朋友能让我开心。（make sb happy） ________________________________________ 104. 如果你头痛得厉害， 就应该早点上床睡觉。 （have a bad headache） ________________________________________ 105. 明天别忘了把我的那本书带回来。（forget） ________________________________________ VI. 智力测试(IQ)（共 5 小题，计 5 分） 回答下列问题。（答案写在答题纸上） 106. Which number should replace （替代） the“?”? 1, 3, 4, 7, 11, 18, 29, ? 107. Rearrange （重新排列） the letters on each page of this diary to find six days of the week. Which day is missing?
108. Can you complete （完成） the answer phone message?
109. The 9:50 a.m. train is 15 minutes late. My watch is 10 minutes f109. The 9:50 a.m. train is 15 minutes
late. My watch is 10 minutes fast. What time does my watch say when it arrives? 110. We can do nothing but stay at home, because it is raining cats and dogs outside. What does “it is raining cats and dogs” mean here? You may answer it in Chinese or in English. VII. 写作(Writing)（共 2 篇，计 25 分。A 篇为 10 分，B 篇为 15 分） A) 根据下面表格中的内容编写一段 Kate 邀请 Jeremy 参加生日聚会的对话。（对话写在答题纸上）
要求：1. 将表格中的信息体现在对话中； 2. 用语符合对话情境，语句通顺，语法正确， 书写规范； 3. 词数在 60 左右。 B) 阅读下面的信件，以 Miss Advice 的名义给 Poor in Pennsylvania 写封回信，提供解决问题的方法。（作文写在 答题纸上） Dear Miss Advice, I have a problem. I lent a friend some money three months ago, but he hasn't given the money back to me. Now I need the money for computer repairs. What should I do? Poor in Pennsylvania 要求：1. 叙述清楚，有条理性；
2. 语句通顺、自然，语法正确，运用多种句式， 书写规范； 3. 词数在 80 左右。
copyright ©right 2010-2020。