Chinese cultural relics Do you know what these things are?
Do you know what festival is the second Saturday of June
Culture Heritage Day
Now let’s enjoy a movie. Then discuss the questions with your partners.
1. Do you know what a cultural relic is? 2. Does a culture relic always have to be rare and valuable? Is it enough to have survived for a long time? 3. Are culture relics only objects like vases or can they be buildings too? Look at the pictures and discuss what they are and whether they are cultural relics or not.
?A cultural relic is something that is…… ?very old, survived for a long time; ?should have some value; ?manmade, created by our ancestors (祖先); ?tells people about the past. ?……
Very rare Ming Dynasty vases
blue and white porcelain
ivory dragon boat
The Mausoleum of the First Qin Emperor and the Terracotta Warriors
The Forbidden City (紫禁城)
Yuanmingyuan in Beijing
The Potala Palace (Lhasa, Tibet)
Mogao Caves (In China)
The Taj Mahal (In India)
The Leaning Tower of Pisa (比萨斜塔)
Louvre Museum (卢浮宫)
卢浮宫始建于13世纪, 是当时法国路易王室的城堡, 被充当为国库及艺术馆 。
Versailles palace (凡尔赛宫)
London Tower (伦敦塔)
The Statue of Liberty The symbol (象征） of the USA
The Sydney Opera (in Australia)
The Great Pyramids in Egypt
The Amber Room (Russia)
Angkor Wat in Cambodia Stonehenge in England
The Sports Arena of Ancient Rome
Ancient Villages in Southern the Leshan Giant Buddha Anhui - Xidi and Hongcun
A man who doesn’t go to ________________ The Great Wall is not a true man.
The Summer Palace
The Classical Gardens of Suzhou
Non-material cultural relics
Since Yuan Dynasty-Nonmaterial relic
What is a cultural relic?
A cultural relic is something that has
survived for a long time, often a part of
something old that has remained when
the rest has been destroyed; it tells people
about the past.
What characteristics does a cultural relic have? rare
precious cultural relic
How should we treat cultural relics?
We should try our best to protect cultural relics.
1. survive vi. 幸存，生还，比??活得长 n. 幸存者 survivor(P9) e.g. The custom has survived for thousands of years. vt. 从??中逃生，经历??后继续存在 e.g. Two-thirds of the people survived the earthquake.
1)The house _____________________ survived the storm (经受住了暴风雨). still survives 还保存着). 3) This custom ______________(
4) She lived five years longer than her
husband. survived her husband ____ by = She __________ five years.
5) The helicopter picked up all the
__________. survivors survival 6) They prayed (祈祷) for the ___________ of the sailors (水手).
2. remain vi 1)剩余，剩下 remain (+副词 / 介词短语) The children ate and ate until no food remained on the table. 2) 停留，留下，逗留(比stay正式) remain (+副词) How long will you remain here?
remain + 形容词/名词/介词短语 (系表结构)
What really happened to the Amber Room
remains a mystery.
The weather still remained warm in October.
注意: remain 没有被动语态, 表达“留下来 被做”时用 sth. remains to be done 4) 尚待, 留待 remain + to do 他是否能通过考试仍不得而知。 It remains to be seen _______________________whether he will pass. remains to be proved 事实尚待证明。 The fact____________________. 拓展: remaining adj. 剩下的(作前置定语) remain standing/seated 一直站着/坐着 remain/keep silent 保持沉默
类比延伸: remain / stay 1) I went to the city, but my brother
remained at home. ___________ remain as they are. 2) Let things ________ stay here for a short time. 3) I’ll _______ stayed 4) I visited a lot of friends when I _______ in that city.
copyright ©right 2010-2020。