一 . 单项填空（共 15 小题；每小题 1 分，满分 15 分） 1. ---- Let’s climb the mountain this weekend, shall we? ---- ________ . A.That’s a good idea C.You’re dead right B.It doesn’t matter D.I ag
ree with you
8. I think I’ll ____ oil painting in my spare time. A. take up B. take away C. take in B. tiring, bored D. take out 9.Mr White，_______of the_______ meeting，was half asleep. A. tiring, boring C. tired, bored D. tired, boring B. always puts D. will put B. lies a village D. lying a village
10.The postman ______ you letters into my letterbox. It’s too boring. A. is always putting C. has been putting
2. Mr. Black _______ Shanghai in a few days. Do you know when the earliest plane _______ on Sunday? A. leaves; takes off C. is leaving; is taking off to the enemies until death. A. gave up A. such…that B. gave out B. too…that C. gave in D. gave away D. so…that
4. I was ____ excited at that moment _____ I didn’t know what to say.
B. is leaving; takes off D. leaves; is taking off
11.At the foot of the mountain _______. A. a village lies C. does a village lie
3. That hero who died in the war was so brave that he never ____
12.With so many problems _____ ,he lay in bed staying awake and couldn’t fall asleep at all. A. solved B. solving C. to solve D. having solved 13. —— What about your first English class this morning, Helen? —— We _____ to have an English class ,but Miss Liu was ill. A. supposed A. eat; to cook C. eat; cooking A. has been translated C. to have translated B. are supposed C. were supposed D. suppose B. to eat; to cook D.to eat; cooking B. have been translated D. to have been translated 14.Rather than ____ in a restaurant , I usually prefer _____ for myself.
5. ---- Do you know our town at all? -----No, this ________ the first time I _________ here. A. was; has come C. is; had come ______. A.get back B.run away C.pull through D.look through 7.After half a year of hard training, Miss Li feels fairly _________that she will pass this driving test. A.awful B.confident C.brilliant D.skilful
B. is; come D. is; have come
6. My mother was seriously ill last month. Luckily, she managed to
15.This book is said _____ into several foreign languages last year.
二、 完形填空（共 20 小题；每小题 1.5 分，满分 30 分） On May 27, 1995, our life was suddenly changed. It happened a few minutes
past three, 16 my husband, Chris, fell from his horse as it 17 over a fence. Chris was paralysed (瘫痪) from the chest down, 18 to breathe normally. As he was thrown from his horse, we entered into a life of 19 with lots of unexpected challenges. We went from the “have” to the “have-nots”. Or so we thought. 20 what we discovered later were all the gifts that came out of 21 difficulties. We came to learn that something 22 could happen in a disaster (灾难). All over the world people 23 Chris so much that letter and postcards poured in every day. By the end of the third week in a 24 center in Virginia, about 35,000 pieces of 25 had been received and sorted.. As 26, we opened letter after letter. They gave us 27 and became a source of strength for us. We used them to 28 ourselves. I would go to the pile of letters marked with “Funny” if we needed a 29, or to the “Disabled” box to find advice from people in wheelchairs of 30 in bed living happily and 31. These letters, we realized, had to be shared. And so 32 we often of them to you. Dear Chris, My husband and I were so sorry to hear of your 33 accident last week. No doubt your family and your family and your friends are giving you the strength to face this 34 challenge. People everywhere are also giving you best wishes every day and we are among those who are keeping you 35. 16. A. since 17. A. walked 18. A. able B. before B. climbed B. unable C. when C. pulled C. suitable C. convenience D. while D. jumped D. unsuitable D. experience
20. A. So 21. A. sharing 22. A. terrible 23. A. wrote for 24. A. medical 25. A. news 26. A. patients 27. A. effect 28. A. encourage 29. A. cry 30. A. much 31. A. bitterly 32. A. here 33. A. driving 34. A. technical 35. A. nearby
B. For B. separating B. similar B. cared for B. postal B. paper B. a family B. effort B. express B. laugh B. never B. fairly B. there B. flying B. different B. close (A)
C. Or C. fearing C. wonderful C. hoped for C. experimental C. equipment C. nurses C. comfort C. control C. chat C. even C. weakly C. therefore C. running C. difficult C. busy
D. Yet D. exploiting D. practical D. sent for D. Mental D. mail D. a group D. explanation D. treat D. sign D. seldom D. successfully D. forward D. riding D. valuable D. alive
第三部分：阅读理解（共 20 小题；每小题 2 分，满分 40 分） Millions of meat-eaters have made the personal decision to stop eating the flesh of other creatures. Here are some major reasons for such a decision. 1.The health reason Medical studies prove that a vegetarian diet is easier to digest, provides a wider range of nutrients(营养) and has fewer burdens on the body. Vegetarians（素 食者） are less influenced（影响） by all the major diseases, and thus live longer, healthier, more productive lives. They have fewer physical complaints, less
19. A. disability B. possession
frequent visits to the doctor, and smaller medical bills. In a word, they are in the most natural conditions（状况） of life. 2. __________________ Planet earth is suffering. In large measure, the great loss of species, destruction（破坏）of ancient rainforests to create lands where animals can feed on grass, loss of top soils, and the increase of water impurities(杂质) and air pollution have a common cause which is the single fact of meat in the human diet. No single decision that we can make as individuals （个人）or as a race can have such a dramatic effect on the improvement of our planetary ecology(生态) as the decision not to eat meat. Many seeking to save the planet for future generations （代）have made this decision for this reason and this reason alone. 3.The economic reason The simple fact is that to produce 1 kilogram of meat, it requires over 16 kilograms of grain and much more water. Millions of animals are bred（喂养）for meat production. If they were not bred, the vegetation would be used to feed people. And more people in hunger would have their food. 36.Vegetarians prefer to live on vegetables for the reasons EXCEPT that _______. A. vegetables are easier to digest B. they provide more kinds of nutrients C. vegetables are cleaner than meat D. the body will have fewer burdens 37.Which of the following statements is TRUE according to this passage? A. Vegetarians will spend no money on medical care.
B. Vegetarians have more children in their life. C. Vegetarians are usually thinner. D. Vegetarians can save the planet for future generations. 38. What might be the proper title for the second part? A. The ecological reason. C. The plant reason. B. The pollutant reason. D. The generation reason.
39. Which of the following might the writer agree? A. Fewer animals should be bred to produce more grain for people. B. Animals shouldn’t be raised. C. We should save animals. D. Living on vegetables can solve the problem of hunger. 40. If people live on vegetables, which of the following may NOT be affected （影响）by it? A. Species（物种） of animals. C. People’s health. (B) Frank Woolworth was born in Rodman, New York., in 1852. His family were very poor farmers, and there was never enough to eat. Frank decided he did not want to be farmer. He took a short business course, and went to work as a salesman in a large city. Woolworth realized he had a natural skill for showing goods to attract people’s interest, but he soon learned something more important. One day his boss told him to sell some odds and ends (小商品 ) for as much as he could get. Frank put all these things on one table with a sign which said FIVE CENTS EACH. People fought and pushed to buy the things and the table was soon cleared. B. Air quality. D. Grain quality
Soon afterwards, Woolworth opened his own store., selling goods at five and ten cents. But he had another lesson to learn before he became successful. That is, if you want to make money by selling low-price goods, you have to buy them in large quantities directly from the factories. Once, for example, Woolworth went to Germany and placed an order for knives. The order was so large that the factory had to keep running 24 hours a day for a whole year. In this way, the price of the knives was cut down by half. By 1919, Woolworth had over 1000 stores in the US and Canada, and opened his first store in London. He made many millions and his name became famous throughout the world. He always run his business according to strict rules, of which the most important was: “ THE CUSTOMER（顾客） IS ALWAYS RIGHT.” 41. Frank took a short business course in order to ____________. A. earn more money for his family B. learn something from a salesman C. get away from the farm D. get enough to eat. 42. Frank sold the odds and ends quickly because _____________. A. he knew how to get people to buy his goods. B. he cut down the price by half C. he had put the goods on a table in a very nice way. D. the sign he put on the table was well designed. 43. The price of the knives was cut down by half because _______. A. the factory workers worked 24 hours a day. B. knives were ordered in large quantities directly from the factory. C. the knives were made in Germany, where labour (劳动力)
was cheap. D. the knives were produced in one factory. 44. _____________ make Woolworth a world-famous man. A. His business skills and his wealth. B. The low price of the goods he sold. C. His trip to Germany and his huge order of knives. D. His natural skill for showing things. 45. The belief that : “ The customer is always right” suggests that ______ A. whenever there is a quarrel between the customer and shop assistant, the customers are always right. B. If you want to succeed, the rule is the only way. C. stores must always follow the customer’s orders if they want to make more money. D. stores should do their best to meet the customer’s needs if they want to be successful. 四. 用下列词组的适当形式填空或完成句子（每题 1 分，共 20 分） take up， switch on, as a result; suffer from ， pull through , separate from，, be covered with, blow up, lift off, go off, complain about;， get involved with, compete against,
come to an end
at most, be said to,
make progress, get on, at the entrance to, relate to, a variety of , come to understand 1. In recent years, ______________ stores, supermarkets have been open. 2. He is doing some historical research _________________Chinese traditional festivals.
3. There is a big tree ____________________ the village. 4.The plane ____________in the air, which caused more than forty people to lose their lives. 5. You needn’t take a bus there. It’s not very far. I think it’ll take 20 minutes _________. 6. He is quite sick, but the doctor is sure that he will _______________. 7.The moon _____________its biggest on Mid-Autumn day. 8. We can see that this house is __________________ the next by a garden. 9. The cities are ___________________ each other to attract business. 10. I was so surprised that a lot of people ______________ the quarrel. 11. It’s seven o’clock now. Please __________ the TV and I’d like to watch the news. 12. The room is too small and the furniture nearly ____________ the whole room. 13. The telephone _____________ as soon as he walked out of the room. 14. The old man __________________ a serious heart trouble. 15. Don’t __________________ the troubles in your work. 16.Serena has continued to improve and_____fantastic__________. 17.How do the two sisters __________ at home? 18.They have expressed a keen interest in working in design after their tennis careers ____________. 19.China’s first manned spaceship _____________ at 9 a.m.on Wednesday,October 15th,2003. 20.Four days after the injury,I __________________my situation. 一.单选 1--5 ABCDD 6--10 CBADA 11--15 BCCAD 26-30 ACABC 31-35 DADCB 二 .完形填空 16-20 CABAD 21-25 ACBAD
三 .阅读理解（共 20 小题；每小题 2 分，满分 40 分） 36-40CDAAD 41-45CABAD 四．词组填空（每题 1 分，共 20 分） 1. a variety of 5.at most 2. related to 6.pull through 3. at the entrance to 4. blew up 7.is said to 8.separated from
9.competing against 10.got involved with 11.switch on 12.takes up 13.went off 14.is suffering from 15.complain about 16.. make-- -progress 17. get on 18. come to an end 19. lifted off 20. came to understand
copyright ©right 2010-2020。