广州中大附中 2013 届高二上学期期中考试 英语试卷
考生注意事项： ⒈本试卷分第Ⅰ卷和第Ⅱ卷，第Ⅰ卷用 2B 铅笔涂在答题卡上，第Ⅱ卷用黑色钢笔、签 字笔在答题卷上作答。 ⒉考试时间 120 分钟，全卷满分 150 分。
第一部分：听力理解（共三节，20 分） 第一节（共 5 小题；每小题 1 分，共 5 分） 听下面 5 段对话或独白。每段对
话或独白后有一道小题，从每题所给的 A、B、C 三个 选项中选出最佳选项。听完每段对话或独白后，你将有 10 秒钟的时间来回答有关小题和阅 读下一小题。每段对话或独白你将听一遍。 1. Who answered the phone？ A. Mike A. Italian. A. 5:18am. A. Zoo A. Cloudy. B. Henry B. Chinese. B.6:10am B. Telephone B. Snowy. C. Tom C. Indian C.8:50am C. Tennis court C. Sunny 2. What’s the woman’s favourite food? 3. When does the first flight arrive in Detroit? 4. What is the woman looking for? 5. What will the weather be like at the weekend?
第二节（共 10 小题，每小题 1 分，共 10 分） 听下面 4 段对话或独白，每段对话或独白后有几道小题，从每题所给的 A、B、C 三个 选项中选出最佳选项。听每段对话或独白前，你将有 5 秒钟的时间阅读每小题。听完后，每 小题将给出 5 秒钟的作答时间。每段对话或独白你将听两遍。 听第 6 段材料，回答第 6 至 7 题。 6. Where are the two speakers? A. In the hotel A. $115. B In a shop B. $130 C. In a restaurant C. $140 7. How much did the man pay in the end?
听第 7 段材料，回答第 8 至 9 题。 8. What did the man do last weekend? A. Watched TV. B. Stayed at home. C. Visited a friend 9. What will the woman probably do this weekend?
A. Play tennis.
B. Do some shopping
C. Go to a dance
听第 8 段材料，回答第 10 至 12 题。 10. Where are the new houses? A. On the main road. A. The garden. A. Delighted. B. Close to a bus station. B. The space. B. Disappointed. C. Near the sports center. C. The quietness C. Uninterested. 11. What does the woman like most about the new houses? 12. How does the man feel about the woman’s suggestion?
听第 9 段材料，回答第 13 至 15 题。 13. What can’t the students do without a teacher? A. Hold parties. B. Complete the Safety Sheet. C. Use any emergency equipment. 14. Why are the students asked to tie back their loose hour in the lab? A. It may catch fire B. It may cover their eyes. C. It may pass chemicals to their faces. 15. What is the speech mainly about? A. Laboratory regulations. B. Safety instructions. C. After-class activities. 第三节（共 5 小题：每小题 1 分，共 5 分） 听下面的一段对话，完成第 16 至 20 五道小题，每小题近填写一个词，听对话前，你将 有 20 秒钟的时间阅读试题，听完后你将有 60 秒钟的作答时间，这段对话你将听两遍。 Telephone Cancellation Request Form Account Name Telephone No. Home Phone Plan Reason for Cancellation Cancellation Date Required Edward 16 17 Nonrefundable(不退款) 18 pre-paid plan 19 20 house 9, by 5:00 pm
第二部分：语言知识及应用（共两节） 第一节 完形填空（共 20 小题；每小题 1.5 分，满分 30 分） 阅读下面短文，从短文后各题所给的四个选项（A、B、C 和 D）中，选出可以填入空 白处的最佳选项。 Some years ago, whites ruled South Africa. Apartheid (种族隔离) was the 21 of the land. One
day, two middle-aged blacks met in a “whites only” 22 . One of them had a permit to work in the area, 23 the other did not, which meant he could be put into prison for entering into the “whites only” zone. 24 they saw a policeman coming towards them, and 25 . 26 .” 27 he caught the second 28 !” “Run!” whispered the man with the permit to his friend, “I’ll man. “Did you think you could escape?” he shouted, “Show me your 29 his permit. The policeman was The man, playing for time (以拖延的手段争取时间), began searching his pocket and finally 30 . Then he realized that he had been 31 . The man without the permit was now too far away to be 32. “Since you had a permit, why did you run?” he shouted 33 . “Doctor’s orders,” said the man, “He has 34 me to run a mile every evening.” “Oh, yes?” doubted the policeman, “Then why was your friend running?” “His 35 “But tell me, 37 too has ordered him to run,” said the man. you were only running for your 38 , why didn’t you stop when you saw me The policeman became red with anger. “You think you’re very 36 , don’t you?” he shouted. running after you?” “Of course I 39 smile on his face. 21. A. attitude 22. A. field 23. A. as 24. A. Suddenly 26. A. apologize 27. A. By chance 28 A. gift 30. A. worried 31. A. deserted 32. A. prevented 33. A. patiently 34. A. ordered 35. A. doctor 36. A. confident 37. A. before 38. A. strength 39. A. knew 40. A. nice B. culture B. country B. while B. Luckily B. refuse B. At last B. money B. surprised B. punished B. beaten B. angrily B. encouraged B. officer B. independent B. although B. health B. proved B. friendly C. tradition C. section C. since C. Cautiously C. froze C. stay C. On purpose C. permit C. worked out C. depressed C. warned C. caught C. curiously C. allowed C. parent C. smart C. because C. interest C. explained C. kind D. law D. room D. or D. Naturally D. cried D. follow D. In advance D. ticket D. set up D. frightened D. tricked D. killed D. regretfully D. promised D. teacher D. generous D. if D. request D. agreed D. stupid that you were running after me,” said the man, “but I thought you too I was,” said the man with a faint (隐约的) had been ordered to run by your doctor. How 40
They started running and the policeman began chasing them.
25. A. understood B. considered
29. A. brought out B. made up
第二节：语法填空（共 10 小题；每小题 1.5 分，满分 15 分） 阅读下面短文， 按照句子结构的语法性和上下文连贯的要求， 在空格处填入一个适当的 单词或使用括号中的词语的正确形式填空。 Some years ago, SARS broke out in the mainland of China, causing some people to be killed or nearly got close to ___1___（die）. The situation was so severe that there was no time to debate who was to ___2___(blame) .The most important thing for the government to do was to find out the cause of this ____3____(die) disease. They invited all the best experts in this field to discuss and quite a few suggestions were ___4___ forward. Some of the top experts picked out those suggestions and tested them to see whether they were ____5___(avail). Doctor Zhong Nanshan chose one patient who was seriously ill and had little hope of ___6___ （pick） up and had the new medicine ____7____(test) on him. To his great joy, this patient recovered! He made his way to his office and telephoned to the top official, ___8___(tell) him this exciting news. For ___9___ (convenient), he moved to live in his office. His method ___10__(work). Not soon after that, the other hospital also controlled this terrible disease and kicked it out finally. 第三部分：阅读 第一节：阅读理解（共 15 小题；每小题 2 分，满分 30 分） 阅读下列短文，从每题所给的 A、B、C、D 四个选项中，选出最佳选项。 A A mum saved her daughter’s life with her newly learned first aid skills. Sonya Hall, 33, of Denny Avenue, Lancaster, had only just attended one first aid class the day before when she found herself needing to use the skills on her three-year-old daughter Tilly. Sonya, who also has son Emmen, six, attended the first aid course at Lune Park Children’s Centre in Lancaster. Then she was faced with every parent’s worst nightmare when Tilly went blue in the face and stopped breathing. But thanks to her newly acquired skills, Sonya saved Tilly’s life. Sonya said: “Tilly was playing with her brother and they were fighting over a toy. Emmen won the fight. Tilly fell backwards and her head was hit. She was face down and shaking and at first I thought she was upset. But then I saw she was blue in the face and had stopped breathing. I reacted without thinking and immediately started using the first aid skills I had learned the day before which were so fresh in my mind. I began doing mouth-to-mouth and chest compressions (胸外按压). It probably took about a minute before Tilly started breathing again, but to me it felt like a lifetime.” After getting Tilly breathing again, Sonya called an ambulance and the doctors came. Since then, Tilly has been diagnosed (诊断) with Reflex Anoxic Seizure (反射缺氧发作). Sonya said: “The seizure can happen when there’s any unexpected pain, fear or fright. It is just so lucky that the day before it happened, I had been practising first aid.” The Empowering Parents First Aid course is run by Lancashire Adult Learning. Sonya said:
“I am just so glad I did the course and learnt the first aid skills. I always feared I would not know what to do in a crisis situation, but luckily I had the knowledge and skills to deal with it.” 41. What happened to Tilly? A. She was knocked down by her brother. B. She fell on the floor and hit her head. C. She was hit by a toy on the head and felt upset. D. She was hit by her brother and stopped breathing. 42. When Sonya found Tilly’s shaking, she thought her daughter must ______. A. be crying C. pretend to be hurt A. enjoyable C. grateful A. The importance of first aid B. How to practise first aid C. Mum saves girl with first aid D. Mums should attend first aid courses B I made a pledge(誓言) to myself on the way down to the vacation beach cottage. For two weeks I would try to be a loving husband and father. Totally loving. No ifs, ands or buts. The idea had come to me as I listened to a talk on my car radio. The speaker was quoting a Biblical （圣经的） passage about husbands being thoughtful of their wives. Then he went on to say, "Love is an act of will. A person can choose to love." To myself, I had to admit that I had been a selfish husband. Well, for two weeks that would change. And it did. Right from the moment I kissed Evelyn at the door and said, "That new yellow sweater（套头衫） looks great on you." "Oh, Tom, you noticed, "she said, surprised and pleased. Maybe a little puzzled. After the long drive, I wanted to sit and read. Evelyn suggested a walk on the beach. I started to refuse, but then I thought, "Evelyn's been alone here with the kids all week and now she wants to be alone with me.”We walked on the beach while the children flew their kites. So it went. Two weeks of not calling the Wall Street firm where I am a director; a visit to the shell museum though I usually hate museums. Relaxed and happy, that's how the whole vacation passed. I made a new pledge to keep on remembering to choose love. There was one thing that went wrong with my experiment, however. Evelyn and I still laugh about it today. On the last night at our cottage, preparing for bed, Evelyn stared at me with the saddest expression. "What's the matter?" I asked her. "Tom," she said in a voice filled with distress(悲痛), "do you know something I don't?" B. be very angry D. recognize her failure B. excited D. confident
43. When Sonya goes to the first aid class next time, she will feel ______.
44. What would be the best title for the text?
"What do you mean?" "Well…that checkup（体检） I had several weeks ago…our doctor…did he tell you something about me？Tom, you've been so good to me…am I dying?" It took a moment for it all to sink in. Then I burst out laughing. "No, honey," I said, wrapping her in my arms. "You're not dying; I'm just starting to live." 45. From the story we may infer that Tom drove to the beach cottage ________. A. with his family C. alone B. with Evelyn D. with his children
46. During the two weeks on the beach, Tom showed more love to his wife because _________. A. she looked lovely in her new clothes B. he had made a lot of money in his Wall Street firm C. he was determined to be a good husband D. she was seriously ill 47. The author says, "There was one thing that went wrong with my experiment." What was the one thing that went wrong? A. He praised her sweater, which puzzled her. B. She insisted on visiting a museum, which he hated. C. He knew something about her illness but didn't tell her. D. He was so good to her that she thought she must be dying. 48. By saying "I'm just starting to live," Tom means that ________. A. he is just beginning to understand the real meaning of life B. he is just beginning to enjoy life as a loving husband C. he lived an unhappy life before and is now starting to change D. he is beginning to feel regret for what he did to his wife before C There was once a professor of medicine, who was very strict with the students. Whenever he took the chair on the exam committee(担任考试委员会主席), the students would be in fear, because he was seldom pleased with the answers they gave. A student would be lucky enough if he or she could receive a good mark from him. At the end of the term, the students of medicine would take their exam again. Now a student entered the exam room and got seated before the committee. This student was a little nervous as he knew it would not be so easy to get through the exam at all. The professor began to ask. The student was required to describe a certain illness, his description of which turned to（结果是）be OK. Then the professor asked about the cure (药剂) for illness, and the student, too, answered just as right. “Good,” said the professor, “and how much will you give the patient?” “A full spoon”, answered the student. “Now you may go out and wait for what you can get.”, said the professor. At the same time,
the committee discussed carefully the answers the student had given. Suddenly the student noticed that there was something wrong with his last answer. “ A full spoon is too much,” he thought to himself. Anxiously he opened the door of the room and cried, “Mr Professor, I’ve make a mistake! A full spoon is too much for a patient. He can take only five drops.” “I’m sorry, sir.” Said the professor coldly, “But it’s too late. Your patient has died. 49. The students were afraid of the professor because _________. A. they often angered and disappointed him B. their answers often astonished him C. their answers seldom satisfied him D. he often misunderstood (误解) them and give them bad markers 50. The student’s description of the illness was _____. A. not correct C. completely discouraging B. not satisfied D. accepted.
51. Before he left the room the student was almost sure that ______. A. he had passed the exam, and the only thing was to wait for the mark B. his last answer was satisfying C. he had made a mistake D. he had not done well in the exam. 52. Which of the following is Not true? A. The patient will be in danger if he’s taken as much as a full spoon. B. The doctor will be in trouble if he’s given the patient a full spoon. C. Since one spoon is less than five drops, the patient will be all right soon if he takes only one full spoon at a time. D. If the patient wants to remain safe, he should take no more than five drops at a time. D What is WWF? WWF is one of the world’s largest and most respected independent conservation (保护) organizations. WWF is a global organization acting locally through a network of over 90 offices in over 40 countries around the world. Conservation projects managed by these offices are active in more than 100 countries. The central secretariat(秘书处) for the network (called WWF International) is located in Gland, Switzerland. The idea of WWF was put forward on the 29th April 1961, and its first office opened on 11th September that same year in the small Swiss town of Morges. What do the letters WWF stand for? WWF originally stood for “World Wildlife Fund”. However, in 1986, WWF had come to realize that its name no longer showed the scope (范围) of its activities, and changed its name to “World Wide Fund For Nature”. The United States and Canada, however, continued to use the old name.
The resulting confusion caused by the name change in 1986, together with its translation into more than 15 languages, led the organization in 2001 to agree on using the original acronym (首字 母缩略词) — WWF — as its only global name. 53. WWF has a history of _____. A. 25 years B. 35 years C. 50 years D. 60 years 54. Which of the following is TRUE about WWF? A. It has offices in more than 100 countries. B. Its first office was built in Morges, Switzerland. C. The idea of WWF was first put forward in Gland. D. Conservation projects are managed by WWF International. 55. WWF changed its name in 1986 because the name _____. A. wasn’t accepted by the United States and Canada B. didn’t agree with its acronym C. caused confusion when translated into other languages D. couldn’t cover its various activities 第二节：信息匹配（共 5 小题；每小题 2 分，满分 10 分） 请阅读下列短文和相关信息,并按照要求匹配信息。 首先，请阅读杂志的信息： A. Woman’s Weekly Woman’s Weekly celebrates the home, family and lives of mature women, providing them with practical help, advice and inspiration. It features content areas such as diets, food, health, work, games and chat, all packed full of practical help, advice and tips. Every column connects users to both professional experts and others who have the same experience. It makes life a little bit easier. B. Amateur Photographer Amateur Photographer is world renowned for its authoritative and comprehensive equipment reviews. It is first for news, events, prices, techniques, equipment tests and darkroom advice. It also contains readers’ pictures, profiles of professional and advice from expert. Those who are interested in buying photographic equipment or wanting advice about improving their picture taking can read it. C. Ships Monthly As the Britain’s best selling magazine for ship lovers, Ships Monthly provides a well balanced mix of news and features and is read by enthusiasts and maritime professionals all over the world. This makes each issue of Ships Monthly an invaluable companion for all those with interests in ships and maritime matters. D. Essentials Essentials is for women who are at the beginning of grown up life: the serious relationship, the first house and first child. They are in their late 20s to mid 30s living in the suburbs, working with a close-knit circle of friends and family around them. Essentials appeals to them
with its unique mix of stylish, useful, affordable and achievable features. E. In Style In Style, winner of the 2004 PPA Consumer Magazine of the Year Award, is the best magazine to help you optimize your personal style. As an insider to the celebrity world, In Style brings you access to all the best fashion secrets. F. Classical Guitar Whatever your place in the exciting, fascinating, and friendly world of the guitar, you will find something to interest you in Classical Guitar. Packed with information for the player, the teacher, the student and the listener, it is the only monthly publication dedicated to the instrument and is read by musicians in over 80 countries worldwide. 请阅读下列有关订阅者的信息，然后匹配与其相关的杂志名称。 Jane graduated from a university several months ago and began her first work in a big company. She found it difficult to work in such a big company as a woman, because the relationship in the company is very complex. She is eager to find a magazine which offers advice by experts. David, a 13-year-old boy, has a gift for music. He began to play guitar when he was seven. His dream is to be a famous guitarist in the world. He is anxious to know more about guitar playing techniques. Doctor Smith loves to take photos in his spare time. He used common cameras to shoot pictures in the past. Now the digital age comes, so he wants to buy a digital camera. He is looking for a magazine which provides information about digital cameras. Mrs. James has been married for over five years. In the past five years she and her husband have had different views on many things. If they go on like this, they will end their marriage. However, she doesn’t know how to deal with marriage problems. She needs some advice. Paul was born in a small town near a sea port. When he was a small boy, his grandfather always told him the stories about the sea and the ships. So he had a special feeling for them. Now studying in a college, he wants to know more about ships. 订阅者 56. Jane 57. David 58. Doctor Smith 59. Mrs. James 60. Paul 杂志名 A. Woman’s Weekly B. Amateur Photographer C. Ships Monthly D. Essentials E. In Style F. Classical Guitar 第四部分：写作（共两节；满分 45 分） 第一节：完成句子（共 10 小题，每空 2 分，满分 20 分） 根据上下文或者汉语提示完成下列句子。 1. He feels quite g_______ of being unable to take care of his sick father. 2. As a student, everyone is e________ to attend a college.
3. The lady was a____________ of killing her husband. 4. His first speech as president made a deep i_________ on his audiences. 5. He made the same mistakes again though I often r_______ (提醒) him not to. 6. The old man sat there telling stories, s__________ (围绕) by children. 7. The medical team c___________ of ten doctors and a nurse. 8. Tom is so ____________ (谨慎的) a driver as never causes accidents. 9. The new railway station under c___________ (建设) will be completed by the end of the year. 10. It is Mary rather than you who is to b_________ for the accident. 第二节：基础写作（共 1 小题；满分 25 分） 假设你叫李华。上周五，你校邀请林海博士给同学们作了“发生事故，如何实施急救” 的专题讲座。主要内容包括： 1. 首先检查事故现场是否安全； 2. 看到有人严重受伤，应立即拨打急救电话； 3. 急救的简单措施。 请你根据以上提示，给你的美国笔友 Tom 写一封 120 词左右的电子邮件，介绍这个专 题讲座的内容，并谈谈你的感想。 注意：开头和结尾已经给出，不计入总词数。 Dear Tom， ___________________________________________________________________________ ___________________________________________________________________________ ___________________________________________________________________________ ___________________________________________________________________________ ___________________________________________________________________________ I wish you all the best. Yours, Li Hua
第一部分：听力（共两节；满分 20 分）
第四部分：写作（共两节；满分 40 分） 第一节：单词拼写（共 10 小题，每空 2 分，满分 20 分） 1. guilty 2. eager 3. accused 4. impression 7 consists //consisted 9. construction 10. blame 5. reminded 6. surrounded 8. cautious
第二节： 基础写作（共 1 小题；满分 25 分）
copyright ©right 2010-2020。