英 语 句 子 的 语 序
主语在前，谓语动词在后 英语句子的自然语序： 英语句子的倒装结构:谓语动词放在主语之前
She is a nice girl. 自然语序
Is she a nice girl?
只把助动词,情态动词或连系动词 放在主语之前，谓语的主体部分 仍在主语之后
Can you tell the following ?
There is a table in the room.
Why did you do it like that?
1. 在there, here 引导的句子中，谓语是 be, exist, live,lie 等表示状态的不及 物动词。
There is nobody in the classroom. There seems something wrong with my radio. There stands a temple on the top of the mountain.
2、在there, here 引导的句子中,谓语动词 用come,go,follow,enter,rush,occur(发生)等。 There goes the bell. There happened an event last week. Here comes your husband.
注意 主语是人称代词时，则不需倒装。 Here he comes. Here it is.
3、副词now,then,thus（因此，如此） 引导的句子里，谓语 come,follow,begin,end,be等．
Now comes your turn! Then followed another shot of gun. Thus ended the meeting.
4.in,out,down,up,over,away,off,back,below 等副词作状语置于句首时，谓语常用动词有 come,go,rush,等不及物动词。
Up and up go the prices. Off went the horses.
Down came the brown waves!
但如果主语是人称代词则不用倒装。 Back they fought. Up it flew.
（fight back 还击）
“You’ve made great progress this term.” said the teacher. “Tom”,said his father, “ You shouldn’t make friends with such boys!”
1)主语是代词时，倒装不倒装都可以。 “Where are you going?”asked he. (He asked.)
2)引用动词另有宾语时，即使主语是名词 也不倒装。 “Why didn’t you join us!”Our monitor asked us.
6、谓语是be, 表语提前时，整 个句子需倒装。
Happy is he who devoted himself to the cause of communism.
Such was Albert Einstein, a single man of great achievements.
平衡且谓语是be , stand, sit ,
On every piece of paper was a picture of a horse.
From a speaker on the wall comes the doctor’s voice. On the ground lay a goat.
1、在以so, nor, neither 开头的句子里。
A fish can swim and so can I.
I get up at seven and so does my brother. He didn’t do it and neither did I. He didn’t smoke, nor did he drink.
１）如果后一个句子只是单纯的重复前面 句子的意思，则不倒装.（…确实是） --It is hot today. --So it is. --He finished it on time. --So he did. ２）如按照别人的意思做了什么事，so也不 用倒装(…某人照办了） The teacher asked me to read louder ,
and I did so.
3)当前面的句子中主语、谓语或肯否定形 式不同时，则用so it is with….句型来表示。
Tom likes singing, but he doesn't like dancing. So it is with Mary.
Tom is clever and he studies hard.
So it is with Mary.
Do you have an English class every day?
What did the two cheats pretend to be doing?
Should he be interested in this subject, he might work hard at it.
(=If he should be interested in this subject, …)
Had I known the answer, I should have told you.
(=If I had known the answer, I should have …)
4. 在否定或半否定词放句首表示强调时， 部分倒装。
never, scarcely hardly, by no means 决不 no case,
seldom, little, barely 仅够，几乎没有 rarely 不常，很少 nowhere无处，到处都无
at no time 决不 not …until hardly (scarcely)…when, no sooner….than(一…..就)
Never before have I met him. Hardly did I think it possible. Not a single paper did the scholar write the whole term（条款，条件）. Seldom did the boy read newspaper. Little do I dream of seeing such wonderful scenery（风景，景色）.
Not until mom came back did she know the truth. Hardly had he entered the house when it began to rain. No sooner had they entered the house than it began to rain.
I seldom read newspaper before.
He had hardly finished his homework
when the light went out.
2)当这些词作形容词修饰主语时且置句首 时，句子不倒装。 Little work was done yesterday.
not only…but also连接的两个句子时，
but also不倒装 1)Neither has he called on her, nor will he do so. 2)Not only shall we learn from books, but also we should learn from practice.
当"so (such)...that..."结构中的 so或such位于句首时,构成部分倒装 句。 busy is the dentist that he has no time to spare.
7. only位于句首,修饰副词、介词短语 或状语从句时,要用部分倒装。 注意: only修饰状语从句时,主句中倒装,从 句中不倒装; only修饰的不是状语时,则不用倒装 语序。 Only the teachers can come in.
Prep. phrase only + 时间副词 When--clause +助动词+主语+谓语
Only yesterday did he leave for Tokyo.
Only when he came back could we know the results. 主句
Only in this way can we work out the math problem.
当however, no matter how引导让 步状语从句时,常把however / no matter how + 形容词 / 副词放在句 首,此时主谓不倒装。 matter how well a poem is translated ,something of the spirit of the original work is lost.
“名词 / 形容词 / 副词 / 分词 + as + 主语 + 动词”
“动词 + as + 主语 + 助动词的倒装形式。
Tired as he was, he continued to work.
1. So difficult ________ it to live in an English-speaking country that I determined to learn English well. A.I have felt C. I did feel B. have I felt D. did I feel
2. ________ snacks and drinks, but they also brought cards for entertainment when they had a picnic in the forest. A. Not only they brought B. Not only did they bring C. Not only brought they D.Not only they did bring
3. Only when your identity has been checked, ________. A. you are allowed in B. you will be allowed in C. will you allow in D. will you be allowed in
4. ________, I have never seen anyone who's as capable as John.
A. As long as I have traveled B. Now that I have traveled so much C. Much as I have traveled D. As I have traveled so much
5. You should try to get a good night's sleep ________ much work you have to do. A. however B. no matter C. although D. whatever
6. On the wall ________ two large portraits. A. hangs B. hang C. hanged D. hanging
7. Be quick! ________ . A. The bus comes here B. The bus here comes C. Here the bus comes D. Here comes the bus
8. The old couple have been married for 40 years and never once ________ with each other.
A. they had quarreled B. they have quarreled C. have they quarreled D. had they quarreled
9. Not a single song ________ at yesterday's party. A. she sang B. sang she C. did she sing D. she did sing
10. Only in this way ________ to make improvement in the operating system. A. you can hope B. you did hope C. can you hope D. did you hope
11. Not only ___ interested in football but ____ beginning to show an interest in it. A. the teacher himself is; all his students are B. the teacher himself is; are all his students C. is the teacher himself; are all his students D. is the teacher himself; all his students are
12. -Do you know Jim quarreled with his brothers? -I don't know, and ________ . A. nor don't I care B. nor do I care C. I don't care neither D. I don't care also
13. -You forgot your purse when you went out. -Good heaven, ________ . A. so did I B. I did so C. so I did D. I so did
14. ________ got into the room ________ the telephone rang. A. He hardly had; then B. Hardly had he; when C. He had not; than D. Not had he; when
15. ________ for the free tickets, I wouldn't have gone to the films so often. A. If it is not B. Were it not C. Had it not been D. If they were not
16. ________ it rain tomorrow, we would have to put off the visit to the Yangpu Bridge. A. Were B. Should C. Would D. Will
17. ________ , Mother will wait for him to have dinner together. A. However late is he B. However he is late C. However is he late D. However late he is
18. We'll have to finish the job, ________ . A. long it takes however B. it takes however long C. long however it takes D. however long it takes
A 19 Out _____________. A. rushed the children C. the children rushed
B. did the children rush D. rushed the children did
A 20 On the bed ___________. A. lay a poor old lady B. a poor old lady lay C. did a poor old lady lie D. a poor old lady did lie B 21 Round the corner _____________. A. a large policeman walked B. walked a large policeman C. did a large policeman walk D. did walk a large policeman
22 Only after the New China________, ________ C to go to school. A. was founded; he was able B. was found; was he able C. was founded; was he able D. was found; he was able
23 Only by practising a few hours every dayD _____ be able to master the language. A. you can B. can you C. you will D. will you
24 I’m going to the meeting, and _____________. B A. so does Dave B. so is Dave C. so goes Dave D. Dave is so
25 —I see you enjoy music very much. C —_______. I’m a music fan. A. So do I B. I do so C. So I do D. So do you 26 —David has made great progress B recently. —_______has; so you have A. So he and ________. B. So he has; so have you C. So has he; so have you D. So has he; so you have
27 Tom couldn’t go to school, __________find a job. D A. either he could B. either could he C. neither he could D. neither could he
D 28 Ms. Jones does not like shopping, ___________. A. and she does like gardening B. nor she does like gardening C. or does she like gardening D. nor does she like gardening
29 I didn’t invite Susan to my party. ___________. C A. so didn’t I B. Nor I didn’t C. Neither did I D. I didn’t so
30 If Bob’s wife doesn’t agree to sign the paper, _____________. C A. neither he will B. neither won’t he C. neither will he D. he won’t neither
31 Barry never eats potatoes and ____________ C A. so doesn’t Molly B. so Molly doesn’t C. neither does Molly D. neither Molly does
B 32 Ann didn’t like our new roommate, and _____ A. I don’t too B. neither did I C. neither I did D. I didn’t also
A 33 _________that even people in the next room could hear him. A. So loudly did he speak B. Such loudly did he speak C. So loudly he spoke D. Such loudly he spoke
D 34 So loudly __________their lessons that people could hear them out in the street. A. the students read B. the students did read C. read the students D. did the students read
35 We are lucky, for no sooner __________hom ____________it rained. D A. we returned; and B. did we return; when C. after we returned; and D. had we returned; than
36 Hardly ___________the police ran towards it A A. had the plane landed when B. had the plane landed than C. the plane had landed when D. the plane was landing than
37 No soonerD _______to bed ______he fell asleep. A. he had gone; than B. had he went; when C. he had gone; when D. had he gone; than
A 38 Hardly __________to the cinema when the film began. A. had he got B. he had got C. did he get D. he got
B _39 _____got on the train when it started to move
A. Scarcely I had C. No sooner I had B. Scarcely had I D. No sooner had I
40 No sooner had the bell rung ___________.D A. when the class began B. while the class was beginning C. then the class was going to being D. than the class began
C __41______, he doesn’t study well.
A. As he is clever C. Clever as he is B. He is as clever D. As clever he is
C 42______it rain, the crops would be saved.
A. Were to B. Would C. Should D. Could
1 Never before available for quick and easy access in so many different fields of study. A so much free information B were so much free information C has so much free information been D so much free information has been(2009)
2 Hardly C making the speech when the people stood up applauding. A has the speaker finished B the speaker had finished C had the speaker finished D had finished the speaker(2008) 3 So fast D that it is difficult for us to imagine its speed. A light travels B travels light C does light travel D does light travel(2007)
4 No sooner B begun to speak than some noise arose from the audience. A he had B had he C he has D did he (2006) 5 Not until the game had begun C at the sports ground.(2005) A had he arrived B would he have arrived C did he arrive D should he have arrived
6 Not until Mr. smith came to China C what kind of country she is. (2004) A he knew B he didn’t know C did he know D he couldn’t know 7 Not until many years later B known. A was the whole truth become B did the whole truth become C the whole truth became D the whole truth had became(2002)
8 Not until this term C to realize how important this subject is to his future career as a diplomat.(2001) A he began B he has begun C did he begin D that he has begun
copyright ©right 2010-2020。