甘肃省兰州一中 2016 届高三第三次模拟考试试题 英 语
说明：本试卷分第 I 卷（选择题）和第 II 卷（非选择题）两部分。满分 120 分，考试时间 100 分钟。答案写在答题卡上，交卷时指教答题卡。 第一部分 阅读理解 （共两节，满分 40 分） 第一节（共 15 小题；每小题 2 分，满分 30 分） A The iPhone, the iPad,
each of Apple's products sounds cool and has become a fad (一时的风 尚). Apple has cleverly taken advantage of the power of the letter "i" - and many other brands are following suit. The BBC's iPlayer - which allows Web users to watch TV programs on the Internet -adopted the title in 2008. A lovely bear - popular in the US and UK - that plays music and video is called "iTeddy". A slimmed-down version of London's Independent newspaper was launched last week under the name "i". In general, single-letter prefixes (前缀) have been popular since the 1990s, when terms such as e-mail and e-commerce first came into use. Most "i" products are targeted at young people and considering the major readers of Independent's "i", it's no surprise that they've selected this fashionable name. But it's hard to see what's so special about the letter "i". Why not use "a", "b", or "c" instead? According to Tony Thorne, head of the Language Center at King's College, London, "i" works because its meaning has become ambiguous. When Apple uses "i", no one knows whether it means Internet, information, individual or interactive, Thorne told BBC Magazines. "Even when Apple created the iPod, it seems it didn't have one clear definition," he says. "However, thanks to Apple, the term is now associated with portability (轻便) ."adds Thorne. Clearly the letter "i" also agrees with the idea that the Western World is centered on the individual. Each person believes they have their own needs, and we love personalized products for this reason. Along with "Google" and "blog", readers of BBC Magazines voted "i" as one of the top 20 words that have come to define the last decade. But as history shows, people grow tired of fads. From the 1900s to 1990s, products with "2000" in their names became fashionable as the year was associated with all things advanced and modern. However, as we entered the new century, the trend inevitably disappeared. 1. People use iPlayer to __________. A. listen to music C. watch TV programs online B. make a call D. read newspapers
2. We can infer that the Independent's "i" is aimed at __________. A. young readers C. fashionable women A. portable C. advanced 4. The writer suggests that __________. A. "i" products are often of high quality B. iTeddy is alive bear C. the letter "b" replaces letter "i" to name the products D. the popularity of "i" products may not last long B In the story told by the Roman poet Ovid, Pygmalion is a sculptor who falls in love with a statue he has created. Bernard Shaw borrowed the theme for his play Pygmalion—later turned into the musical My Fair Lady--- in which Professor Henry Higgins changes the Cockney flower girl Eliza Doolittle, and loves her even as he teaches her how to speak proper English. Psychologists, too, have picked up the theme, researching what they call the “Pygmalion effect”. The finding, as social psychologist Robert Rosenthal puts it, is that “what one person expects of another can come to serve as a self-fulfilling(应验的) prediction.” Rosenthal and his coauthor Lenore Jacobson created the term to describe the amazing results of an experiment they carried out in a California school in 1965. Students took a test that was said to be able to identify “growth spurters”---those who were to make great progress academically. Teachers were given the names of pupils who were about to progress intellectually--- and sure enough, these students showed a significantly greater gain in performance over their classmates when tested again at the end of the year. But here is the thing: the “spurters” were actually chosen at random. The only difference between them and their classmates, Rosenthal writes, “was in the mind of the teachers.” And yet the expectations held in the mind of the teachers can make a big difference. Just how do high expectations promote greater achievement? It’s not some magical act. Rather, it is higher expectations that lead teachers to act differently in some special ways to encourage students. So by changing our behavior and believing our students have great potential, we can help our students realize their potential. 5. The author of the play Pygmalion got inspiration from ______. A. the musical MY Fair Lady C. a Roman story told by Ovid A. they were chosen at random B. they were more confident than their classmates C. they received high expectations D. There was some magic in teachers’ behavior
B. old readers D. engineers B. environmentally friendly D. recyclable
3. Nowadays, the "i" term often reminds people of the products which are __________.
B. some psychologists’ research D. a professor’s love story in England
6. Why did the “spurters” make great progress in the experiment?
7. The experiment conducted in 1965 ______. A. is an example of the “Pygmalion effect” C. had normal results predicted by teachers 8. For whom was the text probably written? A. Teachers B. Students C. Researchers C Genetically Modified (GM) food is unfortunately becoming more popular amongst farmers and food processors. Crops are being genetically modified to resist insects, plant diseases, insecticides(杀虫剂). Plants are also modified to look bigger and better. Unfortunately the end goal isn’t providing nutrition for people, it’s to increase profit margins and to make food look better. In fact many modern fruits and vegetables are twice the size of what they used to be while having far less vitamins, and not tasting good either. Now research is showing that genetically modified food might even be bad for you. GM organisms are organisms that have genes inserted into their DNA in order to offer certain characteristics. In this way you can make it better, or make it last longer. Jeffrey M. Smith has published a study about the dangers of GM food. It was discovered that when GM soy was fed to female rats they found that all their young died within 3 weeks compared to a natural 10% death rate. Their young were also born smaller and they later had problems becoming pregnant. A study of pigs found that they also became infertile(不育) after eating GM corn. Many people are eating GM food without even realizing it. The solution to this problem is simple. Human beings existed in their current form for hundreds of thousands of years. For most of that time we ate a diet consisting of meat, fruit, vegetable, fish, eggs and nuts. This is our optimal diet which leads us to live a healthy and long life. But over the last 30 years North America has experienced diabetes, cancer and heart disease. All due to the misinformation provided by groups who work on behalf of the manufacturers of GM food. The way to avoid obesity, heart disease and cancer is by eating like our stone-age ancestors. 9. According to the author, what ultimately inspired the popularity of GM crops? A. Rich nutrition. C. High profits. A. Eat more fruit. C. Eat more grains. A. time and events C. reasoning and argument B. Unique taste. D. Energy saving B. Be vegetarians. D. Keep traditional diet. B. cause and effect D. contrast and comparison D. Writers B. improved all the students’ grades D. identified growth spurters successfully
10. What had we better do if we want to stay healthy according to the text?
11. The text is organized in the form of ________.
12. We can infer that the lobby groups (in Paragraph 4) are people who are ______. A. scientists who give out false information because of carelessness B. doctors who try to profit from patients who suffer from unhealthy food C. workers who try to cheat customers for the benefits of food producers
D. agricultural technicians who are responsible for promoting new product D. LONDON (Reuters) — Quiet please — Britain’ s Queen Elizabeth is preparing to have her swans counted. Buckingham Palace has announced that the annual Swan Upping, a tradition dating back to the 12th century which involves a census of the swan population on the River Thames, will be conducted by the Queen’ s official Swan Marker from July 20 to 24. “With the assistance of the Queen’ s Swan Warden, Professor Christopher Perrins of the University of Oxford, the swans and young cygnets (小天鹅) are also assessed for any signs of injury or disease，” Buckingham Palace said in announcing the count. The process involves the Swan Marker, David Barber, rowing up the Thames for five days with the Swan Warden in traditional skiffs while wearing special scarlet uniforms and counting, weighing and measuring swans and cygnets. It may seem eccentric, but it is very important to the Queen, According to custom, Britain’ s sovereign owns all unmarked, mute swans in open water, but the Queen now exercises the right only on stretches of the Thames and its nearby tributaries. In medieval times, the Swan Marker would not only travel up the river counting the swans, but would catch as many as possible as they were sought after for banquets and feasts. This year, the Swan Marker and the Swan Warden are particularly keen to discover how much damage is being caused to swans and cygnets by attacks from dogs and from discarded fishing tackle (渔具)． It is also an important year because Queen Elizabeth has decided to join her team of Swan Uppers for part of the census. She will follow them up the river and visit a local school project on the whole subject of swans, cygnets and the Thames. “Education and conservation are essential to the role of Swan Upping and the involvement of school children is always a rewarding experience，” Buckingham Palace said. 13．We can infer from the passage that the process of counting the swans ________. A. remains almost unchanged in the past years B. involves a lot of royal members C. sometimes lasts longer than before D. is always guarded by special soldiers 14．Which of the following is the main idea of the passage? A. Britain’ s Queen is concerned about swans. B. Britain’ s Queen orders a count of swans. C. An old tradition in Buckingham Palace. D. Queen Elizabeth will count swans herself. 15．The underlined word “tributaries” can be best replaced by ________. A. districts C. trees 第二节(共 5 小题;每小题 2 分,满分 10 分)
B. banks D. branches
Ｗrite a good interesting blog If you want to avoid being frustrated for writing a blog that was never read, here are some ways to make a good interesting blog. 16 Boring topics are generally not good for blogs unless you are genius writers, who can 17 If you like video games, for example, create beautiful prose(散文) even when writing about the most ordinary things. Pick a topic you know and are passionate about. a “Dear Diary” blog. Avoid writing your own biography. A “Dear Diary” blog isn’t interesting to other people unless you are a really significant person. Think about it: who would really want to know what you ate for dinner? This kind of blog is self-indulgent(放纵自己的) and unnecessary. supplements to your text. 20 19 18 Funny blog posts tend to become vital. Humorous charts, pictures, and videos are great Try to think of unique things to write about, or write an opposing view on a certain subject. People hate being led-on and tricked into reading a blog post that they expect to be helpful, just to realize that it is a subjective and promotional one. A. It does not offer anything to the people reading it. B. Write your blog about your personal things. C. Choose an interesting topic. D. Inform your readers from the beginning. E. It should be one that other people can relate to. F. Write your blog clearly. G. Do not rehash or rewrite blog posts from famous blogs. 第二部分 英语知识运用（共两节，满分 45 分） 第一节 完形填空（共 20 小题；每题 1. 5 分，满分 30 分） 阅读下面短文，从短文后各题所给的四个选项中，选出可以填入空白处的最佳选项。 We’ve heard it before---we’ve heard it on the news, from teachers, from parents －children and teenagers today are growing up too fast. There are not too many people that will that statement. Teenagers are faced with serious problems and decisions at an early fact most teenagers’ daily schedules are as adults. I have had to learn to think and spent some time reflecting on the gained, and what we want to do today that is 27 26 23 25 as those of an adult’s. 24 in which I was working with like an adult to be taken seriously. So, I count I have been working since I was thirteen, and always in 21 22 with . In write one detailing your experiences of playing them. Note that this kind of blog is different from
myself as one who has grown up too fast. I just graduated from high school, and have recently eighteen years－thinking about myself, what I have 28 , be in a good relationship, and know what 30 is clear: We live in a society I have yet to achieve.
We are expected to work hard, get excellent 31
29 . The list goes on and on. But the 32
our childhood. We no longer have many years to be careless and fancy－ the strict school rules and to excel （擅长） in everything we do. 33 me. But, I never really 34
free. We are expected to
I’ve known these things for a long time, and knew that they admitted it until last night, when I learned a
lesson, taught to me by my boss where I
work. We had finished a job at a remote site. It was about 11:30 at night, and we had his house. We were talking about the he said was “I I hadn’t 38 37 36 my basketball hoop（圈）. ”Then he threw a basketball to me. a basketball in five years. 39
he had been making to his home. One of the things
We proceeded to shoot hoops for about 40 minutes. Both of us were terribly bad at it, but we spent the whole time once in a while. 21. A. argue 22. A. age 23. A. certain 24. A. companies 25. A. study 26. A. last 27. A. purposes 28. A. textbooks 29. A. in life 30. A. information 31. A. ruining 32. A. respect 33. A. inspired 34. A. valuable 35. A. walked 36. A. furniture 37. A. moved 38. A. played 39. A. laughing 40. A. a rest B. disagree B. stage B. busy B. places B. speak B. other B. success B. grades B. in time B. message B. correcting B. accept B. disappointed B. serious B. flown back B. improvements B. fixed B. caught B. shouting B. a talk C. satisfy C. year C. careful C. positions C. work C. rest C. goals C. teachers C. for ages C. notice C. envying C. learn C. affected C. important C. gone back C. equipment C. sold C. kicked C. running C. fun D. discuss D. grade D. perfect D. offices D. act D. coming D. jobs D. schools D. for ever D. idea D. shortening D. follow D. frightened D. useful D. driven D. arrangements D. broke D. held D. shooting D. sports like children. Then I realized something: I am still a child. Oh, the 40 law says I’m an adult. But, we are still really and truly children. We all need to have
第二节 语法填空（共 10 分；每小题 1. 5 分，满分 15 分） 阅读下面材料，在空白处填入适当的内容（不多于 3 个单词）或括号内单词的正确形式。 The “selfie”is used to describe the self-taken photo, often from a smartphone. Someone takes about 10 selfies each time he does, and he only ends up 41 the one that he feels make him look the 42 ( post) one or two of those. He picks
( good). In that picture, he gains confidence. For ( remove), because that
that moment, everything bad or terrible that has happened to him 43 smile is what gives him the 44 I read 45 ( determine) to love himself.
poem recently and the young man said, “If I ask you 46
you love, the
answers will most likely roll off your tongue. You love to read. You love to write. You love your mom, you daughter, or your friends. How long do you think you can go on and on before you say ‘I love 47 (I)’” That statement hit me like a ton of bricks. I’ve struggled with confidence all my way am I saying that taking a selfie is a gateway 49 confidence.
life. I still do. And in 48 50
, the selfie does deserve some credit for allowing individuals to express themselves.
第三部分：写作(共两节，满分 35 分) 第一节 短文改错(共 10 小题；每小题 1 分，满分 10 分)
假定英语课上老师要求同桌之间交换修改作文，请你修改你同桌写的以下作文。文中共有 10 处错误， 每句中最多有两处。错误涉及一个单词的增加、删除或修改。 增加：在缺词处加一个漏字符号(Λ)，并在 其下面写出该加的词。 下面写出修改后的词。 注意： 1．每处错误及其修改均仅限一词； 2．只允许修改 10 处，多者(从第 11 处起)不计分。 删除：把多余的词用斜线(＼)划掉。 修改：在错的词下划一横线，并在该词
Heavy snow fell in many parts of China last winter. Different people have different opinions about snowfalls in winter. Just like the old saying goes, “ A heavy snowfall in winter meaning a good harvest the next year.” Some people think that heavy snow can kill harmful pests, that will be good for the crops. Besides, with snow falling, the air can become clean and is beneficial for our health. In addition, heavy snow can bring lots of funs for both adults and children. Therefore, other people don’t think high of snowfalls because snowfalls make difficult for people to go out. As far as I am concerned, I prefer snowfalls in winter because the earth looks very nice and beautiful with everything covering with snow. 第二节 书面表达 (满分 25 分) 假定你是李华,最近要为你们学校的英文报写一篇关于＂中欧友好日 ”暨中欧环保小使者活 动走进欧盟学校的新闻报道． 内容要点: 1.中国学生表演了武术、书法、气功等中国特色项目。 2.欧洲学生上演了有关环保的戏剧节目。 3.活动的意义。 注意： 1.词数 100 左右（开头已经写好，不计入总词数） ； 2.可以适当地添加细节，以使行文连贯； 参考词汇：武术 martial arts; 气功 Qigong On the China-Europe Friendship Day, many Chinese students and their European friends got together at a EU’s middle school.
甘肃省兰州一中 2016 届高三第三次模拟考试试题
第一节 短文改错(共 10 小题；每小题 1 分，满分 10 分) Heavy snow fell in many parts of China last winter. Different people have different opinions about snowfalls in winter. Just like the old saying goes, “ A heavy snowfall in winter meaning a good harvest the next year.” Some people think that heavy snow can kill harmful pests, that will be good for the crops. Besides, with snow falling, the air can become clean and is beneficial for our health. In addition, heavy snow can bring lots of funs for both adults and children. Therefore, other people don’t think high of snowfalls because snowfalls make difficult for people to go out. As far as I am concerned, I prefer snowfalls in winter because the earth looks very nice and beautiful with everything covering with snow.
书面表达 (满分 25 分) On the China-Europe Friendship Day, many Chinese students and their European friends got together at a EU’s middle school.________________________________________________ _______________________________________________________________________________ _______________________________________________________________________________ _______________________________________________________________________________ _______________________________________________________________________________ _______________________________________________________________________________ _______________________________________________________________________________ _______________________________________________________________________________
_______________________________________________________________________________ _______________________________________________________________________________ _______________________________________________________________________________ _______________________________________________________________________________ _______________________________________________________________________________ _______________________________________________________________________________ _.
参考答案 1-------5 CAADC 6-----10 CAACD 11-----15 31-----35 BCABD DDCAC 16-----20 CEAGD 36-----40 BBDAC 21-----25 BABCD 26----30 ACBAB 语法填空 posting best is removed determination 改错 1.like------as 4.that-----which 8.high-----highly 参考范文 On the China-Europe Friendship Day, many Chinese students and their European friends got together at a EU’s middle school. Chinese students put on many performances featuring Chinese culture, including Chinese martial arts, handwriting, Qigong and so on. They were very successful, which was really a big hit. The performances by European students were also wonderful, they performed a moving play which was focused on the environment protection. It has raised our awareness of protecting our earth. Through these activities, students from China and Europe can learn from each other better. It also contributes to a better understanding of different culture. Consequently, they both can do a lot to make our society a harmonious world. We believe that though people from different backgrounds, they can also appreciate each other and build solid
myself no to However
2. Meaning-------means 5. For------to 9.make 后加 it
3.the next year 去掉 the 7.Therefore-----However
copyright ©right 2010-2020。