1. Mom … arrive back from vacation a day earlier than expected.
than expected 比预期的，比预料的。是一种省略结 构。又如： You did better in the exam than (you had been) expected. The project was finished lat
er than (it had been) expected.
拓展： expect sth. from sb.从……期待……
He could expect help from his friends
He knows what his parents expect from him.
expect sb. to do sth. / there to be 如：
We can’t expect one to change the habit of lifetime in
a short time.
They expected there to be some chances.
1. —Do you think the Stars will beat the Bulls? —Yes. They have better players, so I _____ them to win. (NMET 1999) A. hope B. prefer C. expect D. want
2. Does this meal cost ＄50? I __________ something far better than this! (2007全国I)
2. Eric runs in after it, followed by a big dog, walking very slowly.
(followed作伴随状语, walking作dog定语) 1) The teacher came into the classroom, following the students. 2) The teacher came into the classroom, followed by the students. 3) There was a terrible noise, following the sudden burst of light (闪电). 4) There was a sudden burst of light, followed by a terrible noise.
Summary 分词的选择取决于主句的主语。如主句的主语 是动作的发出者，就选用现在分词表主动; 主 语是动作的承受者,就选用过去分词表被动;
1. We all know that, if not , the situation will get worse. (2007全国Ⅰ) A. dealing carefully with B. carefully dealt with C. dealt carefully with D. carefully dealing with
2. The children went home from the grammar school, with their lessons _____ for the day. (2007重庆) A. finishing B. finished C. had finished D. were finished 3. ________ that she didn’t do a good job, I don’t think I am abler than her. (2007陕西) A. To have said B. Having said C. To say D. Saying
copyright ©right 2010-2020。