一、单项选择（26 分） 1. That kind of customs still_______in many parts of China, which is not a surprise. A. appears B. exists C.
lives D. lies
2. The woman’s illness_______the doctor;he couldn’t find the cause. A. surprised B. interested C. puzzled D. solved
3. She is _______her mother; she is tall while her mother is very short. A. unlike B. against C. beyond D. within
4. The food is harmful_______the customers,so it should get off the shelves. A. for B. with C. of D. to
5. These_______men were put in prison for attacking Mr. Smith and giving him a good beating. A. gentle B. violent C. helpful D. generous
6. He forgot to turn on the radio and _______missed the programme. A. even B. anyway C. thus D. instead
7. — I’m afraid I can’t pass the final maths examination. — _______. Things won’t be as bad as you think. A. Turn up B. Cheer up C. Make up D. Hurry up
8. The car came to a stop just _______ to prevent an accident. A. at times B. on time C. in no time D. in time
9.If one keeps what he wants in mind and tries to live it, he will succeed ________. A. on time B. in time C. for one time D. by the time 10. —Excuse me, can I help you sir? —Yes, can you tell me the direction ________ the thief the police are after ran? A. where B. that C. under which D. in which 11. What a strange man！He loves his wife，but ________ he often beats her. at a time B．at one time C．in time D．at the same time
12.You must think of a way ________ into the dangerous areas. A．stopping people getting C．to keep people getting B．to stop people to get D．to prevent people from getting
13.________ Mr.Smith is well again，he can go on with his work. A．Now and then B．Now that C．The other day D．Now just
14.Kate worked late in the evening to finish her report ________ her boss could read it the next morning.
第 1 页 共 13 页
15.In a modern society full of fierce competitions，________ a person does is not always the same as ________ he says. A．what; what B．what; that C．that; that D．that; what
16.I had no idea when World War Ⅱ________，so I turned to my teacher for help. A．broke down B．broke out C．broke in D．broke away
17.She made ________ her task to take care of these children. A．this B．that C．one D．It
18.The evening news comes on at seven o'clock and_____ only thirty minutes. A．keeps B. continues C. finishes D. Lasts
19.Completely lost in the exciting _____ of the football match, Tom didn't feel his pocket picked. A．scene B. view C.atmosphere D. Sight
20.It's _________for the ShenzhouVII spaceship that every Chinese feels cheerful and proud. A．so a successful flight C. such successful a flight B. so successful a flight D. a such successful flight
21. _______matters most in learning English is enough practice. A. What B. Why C. Where D. Which
22. _______ parents say and do has a life-long effect on their children. A. That B. Which C. What D. As
23. _______ is our belief that improvements in health care will lead to a stronger, moreprosperous economy. A. As B. That C. This D. It
24. ________ you said is different from the thing ________he told us. A. What, what B. That, that C. What, that D. That, what
25. —I think ________ he said is true.(www.yygrammar.com) —But don’t forget the fact ________he is a cheat. A．what, what B. that, that C. what, that D. that, what
26.________ surprised us most is ________he spoke English so well. A．What, what B. That, that C. What, that D. That, what
二、 完形填空（30 分）
Many people have heard of Franklin’s famous kite experiment, but not many know how to do the experiment themselves. To repeat Franklin’s of silk, which is pieces of 4 3 1 , first make a kite. Use a handkerchief 2
to withstand the wind and rain. Build a frame by making a cross of two 5 . Tie the corners to the
wood, just long enough to reach the corners of the 6
points of the frame, and then attach a tail of cloth
your kite. Finish with a good strong kite
第 2 页 共 13 页
will be long enough to fly the kite high. 8 . First take a
To get the kite ready for the experiment, there are three very important long sharp piece of metal and attach it to the longer leg of the cross, the frame. 10 9
a foot or more beyond
, take a metal key and tie it to the end of the kite string, the end that will be on 11 and tie it onto the kite string, just above the key. 13 you and anyone
the ground near you. Finally take a silk This silk ribbon needs 12
dry during the whole experiment, to 14
nearby from the electricity. All you need now is a condenser to 15 a stormy day with thunder and rain. B. life B. made B. strong B. heavy B. sky B. over B. which B. reasons B. sticking out B. Instead B. cloth B. to be kept B. prevent B. test B. above all
the electricity — and
1. A. story 2. A. because 3. A. good 4. A. light 5. A. ground 6. A. up 7. A. that 8. A. steps 9. A. speaking of 10. A. However 11. A. hat 12. A. keep 13. A. protect 14. A. produce 15. A. first of all
C. experiment C. produced C. long C. high C. handkerchief C. with C. where C. method C. cutting off C. Though C. ribbon C. being kept C. escape C. collect C. in all
D. kite D. tied D. large D. metal D. wood D. to D. what D. factors D. reaching out D. Next D. cover D. kept D. suffer D. show D. all over
A Stephen Hawking, arguably the most famous scientist alive today, cannot write on paper and cannot even hold a pen. His disabilities, however, have not affected his mind. Hawking is able to grasp some of the most complex concepts known to man and somehow simplify them for others. Hawking was born in Oxford, England on January 8, 1942. When he was about 8 years old,
第 3 页 共 13 页
his family moved to the town of St Albans, about 20 miles to the north of London, where he attended St Albans school at the age of eleven. Hawking then attended his father’s old college, University College. Stephen wanted to do mathematics, which was not available at University College, so he did physics instead. He earned a degree in Natural Science with first class honours in just three years. Hawking then headed to Cambridge to study Cosmology. He completed his PhD and then stayed on at Cambridge at first a Research Fellow and then a Professor Fellow. In 1973, Hawking moved from the Institute of Astronomy to the department of Applied Mathematics and Theoretical Physics. In 1979, he was given the post of Lucasian Professor of Mathematics, which he continues to hold to this day. He is today a fellow of the Royal Society and a member of the US national Academy of Sciences. Hawking’s great interest has been to understand the basic laws that our universe follows. One of his most well-known achievements was to demonstrate, along with Roger Penrose, that Einstein’s theory of general relativity needed to be brought together with quantum theory. Hawking and Penrose showed that if Einstein’s theory was carried out logically, space and time must have begun in something like the “Big Bang” of evolutionary theory and must end in black holes. Hawking has received numerous medals, awards and other prizes for his work. He is known today not only among professional scientists but also by the general public. He has published several books specially written to try to explain his theories to the common man. Three of his most popular books are his bestsellers A Brief History of Time, Black Holes and Baby Universes and Other Essays and most recently in 2001, The Universe in a Nutshell. Hawking continues to research and write, not letting his disabilities slow him down. His goal is simple, he says. He simply wants “a complete understanding of the universe. Why it is as it is and why it exists at all.” 1. Stephen Hawking is arguably the most famous scientist because _____. A. he is the only one who is alive today B. he is totally disabled C. he can not only understand but explain complex theories in simpler ways D. he has received numerous medals 2. The underlined sentence probably means ______.
第 4 页 共 13 页
A. he studied physics instead of mathematics because the degree studies weren’t provided B. he couldn’t afford to study at University College C. University College was more famous for physics teaching and research D. he was more interested in physics than mathematics 3. Stephen Hawking worked in the Institute of Astronomy ______. A. before 1979 C. before 1973 B. after he gained his PhD D. after his books were published
4. It can be inferred from the passage that Stephen Hawking ______. A. has been a student of Einstein B. has been a Nobel Prize winner C. completed his three most popular books in 2001 D. is a well-known theoretical scientist with many honours 5. The writer wrote this article mainly to ______. A. compare Einstein’s with Stephen Hawking’s achievements B. show how Stephen Hawking became a great scientist C. introduce Stephen Hawking and his greatness D. encourage young people to learn from him B Two China astronauts, Fei Junlong and Nie Haisheng, are safely back on earth after their Shenzhou 6 spacecraft successfully touched down on the grasslands of Inner Mongolia Sunday at 4:32:50 pm, ending a five-day mission and China’s second manned space flight. “I want to thank the people for their love and care,” Fei said during the ceremony, in which both astronauts were given flowers and seated in chairs. The Shenzhou 6 crew spent 115 hours and 32 minutes in space, and travelled 2 million miles (3.25 million kilometres) during their mission, which set new human spaceflight records for China. Fei and Nie were sent into space on October 12th, Beijing time on China’s second manned spaceflight, the first to carry two astronauts. The spaceship lifted off from Jiuquan Satellite Launch Centre in the Gobi desert almost two years to the day after China’s first manned launch.
第 5 页 共 13 页
That first mission, Shenzhou 5, launched astonaut Yang Liwei into orbit on October 15th, 2003, China is the third country to independently launched humans into Earth orbit after Russia and the US. But unlike Yang’s flight, which the public did not get to see much of, much of Shenzhou 6 mission from lift-off to landing was shown live on national Chinese television. With Shenzhou 6, China has “achieved another milestone … in … space exploration,” said Wu Bangguo, Chairman of the Chinese NPC during his speech which was broadcast live on CCTV. 6. In which year was Shenzhou 6 launched into space? A. 2003. B. 2004. C. 2005. D. 2006.
7. What was the speed of Shenzhou 6 when it was travelling into space? A. 28,130 kilometres per hour. C. 35,540 kilometres per hour. B. 28,130 miles per hour. D. 35,540 miles per hour.
8. Which of the following countries has not succeeded in launching humans into Earth orbit? A. China. B. Russia. C. The US. D. The UK.
9. Which of the following statements is NOT true? A. Shenzhou 6 landed on grasslands of Inner Mongolia Sunday at 4:32:50 pm. B. The Shenzhou 6 crew spent 115 hours and 32 minutes in space. C. The Shenzhou 6 crew set new human spaceflight records around the world. D. Yang Liwei’s flight was not shown live on national Chinese television. 10. Which one is the best title of this passage? A. Shenzhou 6’s Safe Return B. History of China’s Space Exploration C. New Human Spaceflight Records D. Chinese Astronauts C In the past ten years, many scientists have studied the differences between men and women. And they all got the same answer: The sexes are different, because their brains are different. And this, the scientists say, makes men and women see the world in different ways. Boys, for example, generally are better than girls at mathematical ideas. Boys also generally are better than girls at the kind of hand and eye movements necessary for ball sports. Girls, on the other hand generally start speaking earlier than boys. And they generally see better in the dark than boys and are better at learning foreign languages.
第 6 页 共 13 页
What makes men and women better at one thing or another? The answer is the brain. The brain has two sides connected by nerve(神经) tracks. The left side generally is used for mathematics, speech and writing. The right side is used for artistic creation and the expression for emotions. In men and women, different areas in each side of the brain develop differently. In boys, for example, it’s the area used for mathematics. In girls, it is the area used for language skills. Another interesting difference is that the two sides of a man’s brain are connected by a smaller nerves than the two sides of a woman’s brain are. 11. Which of the following is best to outline(概括) the article? A. Research on the Brain C. People’s Different Brains B. Differences Between Men and Women D. Who Are Better, Boys or Girls
12. ___________ men and women think differently. A. Sex makes B. The different brains make D. The influences of society make
C. The different experiences make
13. According to the article, girls are generally better than boys at ________ in your school. A. mathematics B. physics C. English D. chemistry
14. Which of the following is true? A. The left side of brain in boys generally develops better than that in girls. B. The left side of brain in girls generally develops better than that in boys. C. Men are better than women in all things. D. The area in girls used for language skills develops better. 15. In men and women the number of nerves connecting the halves of brain________ . A. is the same B. is different C. is zero D. can’t be found out
四、短文改错（10 分） I often quarrel about my mother over whether I can watch TV after school. She holds view that
senior three students have to make fully use of every minute to work hard at their lessons. It seems to me that once I am allowed to do that, I’ll unable to control myself and forget all about my study. She also thinks it is bad for my eye. But I really can’t accept her ideas. In my opinion, watch TV can set my mind at rest after a day’s hard works. Besides, it is important for us to know what had happened at home and at abroad. Thus, we shouldn’t be forbidden to watch TV.
第 7 页 共 13 页
假设你叫李华， 下面一篇海报是你校英语角的一次活动安排。 请根据海报内容用英语写一封 电子邮件，邀请你的你的朋友王朋参加。 ----------------------------------欢迎到英语角来看电影 汤姆叔叔的小屋 时间：6 月 30 日下午 3：30~5：30 地点：学术报告厅 免费提供爆米花和软饮料； 英语外教将帮助你提高口语； 这是学英语、交朋友的好机会。 ------------------------------------注意：1. 邮件要涵盖海报中全部信息，并可适当增加细节； 2. 要写成一篇连贯的短文，不可逐条翻译海报内容； 3. 词数 100 左右。 4. 参考词汇：电影字幕 subtitle 爆米花 popcorn 学术报告厅 lecture hall Dear Wang Peng, _______________________________________________________________________________ _______________________________________________________________________________ _______________________________________________________________________________ _______________________________________________________________________________ _______________________________________________________________________________ _______________________________________________________________________________ _______________________________________________________________________________ _______________________________________________________________________________ _______________________________________________________________________________ _______________________________________________________________________________
Yours, Li Hua
第 8 页 共 13 页
一. 单项选择，从 A、B、C、D 四个选项中，选择最佳答案完成句子 1. A 解析：本题主要考查名词意义。in theory 在理论上； in practice 在实践中；in fact 实际上。 故 A 为最佳答案。 2. C 解析： 本题主要考查 time 的有关词组。 a time 意为“一次， at 一次动作”； time 意为“及 in 时，终究”。本题指刚好赶上火车，故 C 为最佳答案。 3. B 解析：本题主要考查名词辨析。atmosphere 有“气氛，氛围”的意思；spirit 意为“精神； 情绪”。故最佳答案为 B。 4. C 解析：本题考查动词辨析。lie 作为规则动词时，意为“撒谎，说谎”；lie 作为不规则动词， 意为“躺下” ，过去式和过去分词分别为 lay, lain。 而 lay 意为“平放；放下；下蛋”， 其 过去式和过去分词分别为 laid, laid。此题表示“下蛋” ，故正确答案为 C。 5. B 解析：本题考查介词 unlike。dislike 是动词；in common with 与??一样；unlike 与??不 一样。故 B 为最佳。 6. A 解析：本题考查动词用法辨析。protect sb from sth 为常见用法，意为“保护某人不受某事伤 害”，from 不能省略；keep sb from doing 意为“阻止某人做某事”，from 不能省略；stop / prevent sb from doing 意为“阻止、 防止某人做某事”， from 后常接 doing。 A 为最佳答案。 故 7. B 解析：本题考查非谓语动词。disappointing 意为“令人失望的”，而 disappointed 意为“感 到失望的”，重在表示人的感受，be disappointed at sth 表示听到或看到某事而感到失望。 故 B 为最佳答案。 8. D 解析：本题考查交际用语。Cheer up! 用于鼓励别人，叫人振作起来，为此题最佳答案。 9. C
第 9 页 共 13 页
解析：本题考查分词作主语补足语。floating 动作是由 cat 发出的，同时 dead 形容词也作 主语的补足语。 10. B 解析： 本题考查从句的用法。 what 引导主语从句， where 引导表语从句。 B 为最佳答案。 而 故 11. B 解析： 本题考查代词 it 的用法。 本题中 it 作形式主语， whether 引导的主语从句习惯上后置。 故 B 为最佳答案。 12. A 解析：本题考查 as 引导的特殊定语从句。as 作为关系代词，引导的定语从句放句首，as 指 代后面的整句内容。故 A 为最佳答案。此外，as 还用在有 so, such, the same 修饰的先行词 后, 作为关系代词引导定语从句。 13. A 解析：本题考查有关 break 的动词词组辨析。break out 意为“爆发，发生”；break in 意为 “插入，插队，插嘴”；break off 意为“断开；断落”，特别是“断绝关系”等；break down 意为“坍塌；垮掉；中途停止”。故 A 为最佳答案。 14. C 解析：本题考查 now that 引导的状语从句。now that 意为“既然”，往往表示已经存在的 现实条件、原因等，而 as though 意为“好像”。故 C 为最佳答案。 15. B 解析：本题考查动词的意义。force 作动词有“强迫，勉强”之意。故 B 为最佳答案。 16-20 ACDCC
二、 完形填空 1. C 解析：本文是在介绍富兰克林的风筝实验。此处意为“为了重复富兰克林当年的实验”。 2. B 解析：做风筝需要一块手帕，要求是丝质的。made of silk 此处作定语，修饰 handkerchief。 3. B 解析： 该实验中， 手帕是丝质的， 丝质手帕不光是轻， 而且还结实， strong 与后文的 withstand (经受)相呼应。 4. A
第 10 页 共 13 页
解析：根据常识，做风筝的材料要求越轻越牢就越好，用于做风筝骨架的木头自然要轻。 5. C 解析：考查前后照应。在前文所准备的材料中，只有手帕有四个角，因此应该是 handkerchief。 6. D 解析：本题考查动词和介词的搭配。attach sth to sth 将??附着在??上。 7. A 解析：此处 one 指代前面出现的 string，作 string 的同位语，后面只能用 that 引导定语从句。 8. A 解析：结合语境，下文讲解如何一步一步制作风筝，因此此处应为三个重要的 steps。 9. B 解析：此处考查动词词组的辨析。speak of 意为“说到，提到”；stick out 意为“伸出，突 出”；cut off 意为“切断，隔绝”；reach out 意为“伸手”。根据后文的 beyond the frame， 可知是要伸出去一部分，故 B 为最佳。 10. D 解析：结合上下文，这是制作风筝的第二步，故 next 最为恰当。 11. C 解析：后文出现了 this silk ribbon，由此可知前文必定是要求拿一根丝绸的带子绑到风筝线 的末端。故答案为 C。 12. B 解析： 此处考查动词 need 的用法，need doing 或 need to be done。 注意： 类似用法还有 require, want, deserve 等。 13. A 解析：protect sb from sth 保护某人不受某物的伤害；prevent sb from doing 防止某人做某事； escape from 逃脱，逃离；suffer from 遭受??折磨。故选 A。 14. C 解析：此处考查动词辨析。collect 意思是“将分散零碎的东西收集起来” ，此处是将电收集 起来。 15. B 解析：above all 首先，强调重要性，突出的特点。first of all 首先，强调的是次序上排第一。
第 11 页 共 13 页
1. C 解析： 本题考查第一段大意。 霍金虽然身体残疾， 但是却能理解人类迄今为止最复杂的理论， 最关键的还在于他能够把他所理解的理论进行简化。 2. A 解析：本题重点考查句子理解。而理解的关键是 available，在当时根本不提供数学的学位， 所以不得已去学物理了。 3. C 解析： 本题考查细节。 文中 “In 1973, Hawking moved from the Institute of Astronomy to …” 可知， 1973 年前是在天文学研究机构工作。 4. D 解析：本题考查文中的诸多细节，A、B、C 三个选项可以根据文章内容逐一排除。 5. C 解析：本题考查对文章写作目的的理解，重点介绍科学家霍金及其成就。 6. C 解析：细节理解题。根据文章第四段末和第五段开始可知，第一次是在 2003 年，两年以后 时间就是 2005 年。 7. A 解析：细节理解题。根据文章提供的数据，进行除法运算。 8. D 解析： 细节理解题。 文章提到中国是继美国、 俄罗斯之后的第三个成功将人送入太空的国家。 9. C 解析：神州六号创造了中国载人太空飞行的新纪录，而不是世界纪录。 10. A 解析：本题考查文章标题。A 答案最能体现文章的主题。
四、短文改错 I often quarrel about my mother over whether I can watch TV after with school. She holds∧ view that senior three students have to make fully use of the full
第 12 页 共 13 页
every minute to work hard at their lessons. It seems to me that once I am her allowed to do that, I’ll∧ unable to control myself and forget all about my be study. She also thinks it is bad for my eye. But I really can’t accept her ideas. eyes In my opinion, watch TV can set my mind at rest after a day’s hard works. watching work Besides, it is important for us to know what had happened at home and at\ has 删除 at abroad. Thus, we shouldn’t be forbidden to watch TV.
参考范文： Dear Wang Peng, Here is good news for you! An English movie called Uncle Tom’s Cabin will be shown in my school on March 17. It’s a great movie. Don’t be afraid that you might not understand the story because there are subtitles and there will be native English speakers ready to help you, too. Besides, free popcorn and soft drinks will be offered. The event is organized by the English Corner in my school. I think it’s a great chance to learn English and to make new friends, too. The movie will be shown from 3:30 to 5:30 at the Lecture Hall. If you come, I’ll meet you at the school gate at 3:20. I’m looking forward to your reply. Best wishes! Yours, Li Hua
第 13 页 共 13 页
copyright ©right 2010-2020。