二、课文填空（共 10 空，每小题 0.5 分，满分 5 分） 1. They had rushed up to her while she was having a picnic at the _____1_____ of a forest with her chil
dren and tried to steal her handbag. In the _____2_____, the strap broke and, with the bag in their _____3_____, both men started running through the trees…The men got such a _____4_____ that they dropped the bag and ran away. 2. Sam Benton, the _____5_____ butcher, had lost his _____6_____ while taking his _____7_____ to the post office. 3. No one could _____8_____ for the fact that one of the boxes was _____9_____ heavy. It suddenly _____10_____ to one of the workers to open up the box. 三、根据首字母或所给中文提示写出单词的正确形式（共 10 题，每小题 1 分，满分 10 分） 1. Both Pompeii and Loulan became lost c__________ about 2,000 years ago. 2. Many people were b__________ alive under lava, ash and rocks when the volcano erupted. 3. A m__________ was built in honor of the great writer. 4. A survey on retired people has been conducted, i__________ that most are independent and enjoying life. 5. 3D vision is an interesting idea and a challenging technology. It was not p___________ in the last century, but now it is available so that we can enjoy Titanic in 3D after 15 years. 6. The dress feels quite smooth. What __________（材料）is it made of? 7. The __________（词汇表）used in the course book is printed at the back. 8. Living in a modern city, nature is so near and yet so far. When we were in Li Yuan Park, it took us a while to ___________ （区分）between the cherry and peach blossoms. 9. T he new leader of the country made an __________ （官方的）visit to China in March. 10. On realizing they had got lost, the team __________（惊慌）. They should have stayed calm. 四、动词填空（共 10 小题，每小题 1 分，满分 10 分） 1. The child stood in the corner with his eyes _______ (stare) at me. 2. To everyone?s delight, the design they had spent so much time on ________ (prove) to be a success. 3. All the school needs _______ (add) to its beauty is a tennis court. 4. I hope you will keep us _______ (inform) of how you are getting on with the work. 5. Unlike what he had thought, mom and dad were not angry. He was lucky enough to escape _______ (punish) by them. 6. Many a student _______ (realize) the importance of learning a foreign language, so they are working hard at it. 7. You can hardly imagine what great difficulty we had _______ (find) your house.
8. The experiment is being carried out, and it remains _______ (see) whether you are right or wrong about the results. 9. Loulan is believed by many people _______ (cover) over gradually by sandstorm from AD200 to AD 500. 10. _______ (found) in 1911, our school has a long history of over 100 years and enjoys a good popularity among all students. 五、句型转换（共 20 空，每小题 0.5 分，满分 10 分） 1. Jack had been playing around me, but now I couldn?t see him anywhere. Jack had been playing around me, but now he was _______ to _______ _______. 2. Look at the clock! It?s possible that he will be late for the train. Look at the clock! He _______ _______ _______ be late for the train. 3. They each have made great contributions to the environmental protection. Each of them _______ _______ greatly _______ the environmental protection. 4. I think crying over spilt milk is useless. What?s done can?t be undone. I think it is _______ _______ _______ what has already happened. 5. Different people hold different opinions on various social issues. Opinions on various social issues _______ _______ person _______ person. 6. After ten years? hard work, what they always dreamed of came true at last. Ten year?s hard work at last made what they always dreamed of _______ _______ _______. 7. It is said that a new park is opening next month. Admission is free for children under 9. It is said that a new park is opening next month. Children under 9 can be admitted _______ _______. 六、根据所给中文完成句子（20 空，每小题 0.5 分，满分 10 分） 1. 现在波莉想跑开，可恐惧让她站在那里一动也不能动。 Now Polly wanted to run, but fear _______ her _______. 2. 我能回报人们给予我的帮助，这让我很高兴。 _______ I can _______ _______ the help people give me makes me happy. 3. 证据显示鲨鱼极少攻击人类,这可能和许多人认为的正好相反。 Evidence shows that sharks seldom attack humans, _______ _______ what many people might assume. 4. 1399 年，亨利四世成为了英格兰国王。他力促英语在各个阶级中得到广泛使用。 In 1399, Henry Ⅳ became king of England. He urged that English come into _______ _______ among all classes.
5. 美式英语和英式英语的一大区别是拼写。 Spelling is a big _______ _______ American and British English. 6. 今天我见到了罗马古城庞贝，它就跟两千年前一模一样。 Today I saw the ancient Roman city of Pompeii _______ _______ _______ 2,000 years ago. 7. 每个星期日，汤姆和他的朋友一起去图书馆看书。 Tom, _______ _______ his friends, _______ to read in the library every Sunday. 8. 尽管世博会很拥挤， 许多场馆都要排长队， 真是让人受够了， 但却给我一段难忘的回忆。 Although the World Expo was very crowded, with long _______ in front of almost every pavilion, which I _______ _______ of, it became an unforgettable memory to me. 七、单项填空（共 20 题，每小题 1 分，满分 20 分） 从 A、B、C、D 四个选项中，选出最佳选项，并在答题卡上将该项涂黑。 21. It is surprising that _______ Russian can not speak _______ Russian language. A. 不填; a B. a; the C. the; 不填 D. a; a 22. Compared with Lily?s mini-coupe, their car was bigger and _______ more comfortable. A. therefore B. because C. although D. though
23. The festival will be a feast for our city and for our country _______. A. on a whole B. in a whole C. as a whole D. as the whole
24. Even the best writers sometimes find themselves _______ for words. A. lose B. lost C. to lose D. having lost
25. We should ______ great importance to job training, so that students will be aware of their development in related aspects. A. concentrate B. devote C. attach D. emphasize
26. The falling of the new building _______ its soft base, causing 1 death and over 20 injuries. A. resulted in A. aren?t B. suffered from B. needn?t C. led to C. don?t D. resulted from D. won?t 27. You haven?t eaten anything since this morning. You must be hungry, _______ you?
28. It is not always easy for the public to see _______ use a new invention can be of to human life. A. whose B. what C. which D. that
29. _______ leaves the room last ought to turn off the lights. A. Anyone B. The person C. Whoever D. Those who
30. The way _______ he solved the problem sounds amazing. A. which B. how C. that
31. We set the fifth day of the fifth month in the Chinese lunar calendar as “the Dragon Boat Festival” _______ the ancient poet and politician Qu Yuan. A. in support of B. in memory of C. in favor of D. in celebration of
32. I have made _______ clear _______ I have nothing to do with the accident. A. it; what B. that; that C. this; what D. it; that
33. The topic we are going to talk about today is actually of great importance in living a low-carbon life, though ______ a small one. A. thinking as B. thought as C. thought of as D. thinking of as 34. Do you know who will ______ our company?s business when our manager is retired? A. take over B. take up C. take on D. take in
35. The same color can have a positive meaning in one country, ______ in another, a negative meaning. A. when B. while C. as D. however 36. --- I don?t know ______ you got to know my telephone number. --- Through a friend of mine. A. how was it B. how was it that C. how it was that D. it was how that 37. Our monitor reported to the teacher, “All ______ present and all ______ going on well.” A. is; is B. are; are C. are; is D. is; are
38. --- Are you going to take part in the speech contest? --- ______ It?s too good an opportunity to miss. A. No problem! B. That?s for sure. C. Why me? D. Why bother? 39. --- It?s nice. Never before ______ such a special drink! --- I?m glad you like it. A. I have had B. I had C. have I had D. had I
40. ---Joe used to be weak at English. Now his son Jake is weak at English, too! --- ______. A. History repeats itself C. When it rains, it pours Dear Laura, I just heard you tell an old story of gift giving and unselfish love in your program. You doubted that such unselfish love would happen in today?s world. Well, I?m here to give you __41__.
B. Speak of the devil D. So does every Tom, Dick and Harry
八、完形填空（共 20 小题，每小题 1 分，满分 20 分）
I wanted to do something very __42__ for my fifteen-year-old son, who has always been the perfect child. He __43__ all summer to earn enough money to buy a used motorcycle. Then, he spent hours and hours on it __44__ it looked almost new. I was so __45__ of him that I bought him the shiniest helmet and a riding outfit. I could __46__ wait for him to open up his gift. In fact, I barely slept the night before. Upon awakening, I went to the kitchen to __47__ the coffee, tea, and morning goodies. In the living room was a beautiful keyboard with a __48__: “To my wonderful mother, all my love, your son.” I was so __49__. It had been a log-standing joke in our family that I wanted a piano so that I could __50__ lessons. “Learn to play the piano, and I?ll get you one.” was my husband?s __51__. I stood there shocked, crying a river, asking myself how my son could __52__ this expensive gift. Of course, the __53__ awoke, and my son was thrilled（激动的）with my reaction. Many kisses were __54__, and I immediately wanted him to __55__ my gift. As he saw the helmet and outfit, the look on his face was not __56__ what I was expecting. Then I __57__ that he has sold the motorcycle to get me the keyboard. Of course I was the proudest mother __58__ on that day, and my feet never hit the ground for a month. helmit So I wanted you to know, that kind of love still __59__ and lives even in the ever-changing world of me, me, me! I thought you?d love to __60__ this story. Yours, Hilary P.S. The next day, my husband and I bought him a new “used” already shiny motorcycle. 41. A. hope B. advice C. support D. courage 42. A. polite B. similar C. special D. private 43. A. played B. studied C. traveled D. worked 44. A. after B. before C. unless D. until 45. A. sure B. fond C. proud D. confident 46. A. perhaps B. really C. almost D. hardly 47. A. start B. cook C. set D. serve 48. A. note B. notice C. word D. sign 49. A. disturbed B. confused C. astonished D. inspired
50. A. give B. take C. draw D. teach 51. A. reason B. request C. comment D. response 52. A. present B. afford C. find D. order 53. A. neighbor B. building C. home D. house 54. A. exchanged B. experienced C. expected D. exhibited 55. A. tear B. open C. check D. receive 56. A. purely B. basically C. obviously D. exactly 57. A. realized B. remembered C. imagined D. supposed 58. A. only B. still C. ever D. even 59. A. works B. exists C. matters D. counts 60. A. send B. publish C. share D. write 九、阅读理解（共 10 小题，每小题 1.5 分，满分 15 分） A CANBERRA(Reuters Life!) Think twice before eating those dropped small pieces of dry food off your computer keyboard----you might as well be eating off the toilet seat, according to a new study on the amount of germs(细菌) on keyboards. A study by British “Which? Computing” asked a microbiologist(微生物学家) to examine for bugs(臭虫) on 33 keyboards in a typical London office, a toilet seat and a toilet door handle. Four keyboards were judged potential health risks and the microbiologist suggested removing one keyboard as it was too dirty----five times dirtier than the cleaned toilet seat. ?Most people don?t give much thought to the dirt that builds up on their PC, but if you don?t clean your computer, you might as well eat your lunch off the toilet,? said Sarah Kinder, the consumer magazine editor of “Which? Computing” in a statement. The study found that eating lunch at desks is the main cause of a keyboard covered with bugs. Dropped pieces of dry food encourage the growth of millions of germs. Poor personal hygiene(卫生), such as not washing hands after going to the toilet, may also add to the dirtiness of keyboards. But despite the health risk of a dirty keyboard, a survey of 4,000 people by the magazine found one in 10 people ever cleaned their keyboard while another two in 10 never cleaned their mouse. Almost half----or 46 per cent----cleaned their keyboard less than once a month. To clear out bugs, the magazine recommends users pull out keyboards, turn them upside down and shake them. 61. The passage is mainly to . A. tell us something about the keyboards B. warn people to clean the keyboards often C. tell us how to clean the keyboard D. tell us the germs on keyboards 62. What do you think the expression “Think twice before eating those dropped small pieces of dry food off your computer keyboard” stands for? A. Think several times before eating beside your computer. B. Don?t drop foods onto the computer keyboard. C. Don?t eat foods dropped onto the computer keyboard. D. Be careful when you are eating by the computer.
63. “Which? Computing” is probably a name of . A. an organization B. a newspaper C. a report B Welcome to Adventureland!
D. a magazine
Everyone loves Adventureland! The Parks and Exhibitions were built for you to explore, enjoy, and admire their wonders. Every visit will be an unforgettable experience. You will go away enriched, longing to come back. What are you going to do this time? The Travel Pavillon Explore places you have never been to before, and experience different ways of life. Visit the Amazon jungle（丛林）village, the Turkish market, the Tai floating market, the Berber mountain house and others. Talk to the people there who will tell you about their lives, and things they make. You can try making a carpet, making nets, fishing… The Future Tower This exhibition shows how progress will touch our lives. It allows us to look into the future and explore the cities of the next century and the way we?ll be living then. Spend some time in our space station and climb into our simulator（模拟装置）for the Journey to Mars! The Nature Park This is not really one park but several. In the Safari Park you can drive among African animals in one of our Range Cruisers: see lions, giraffes, elephants in the wild. Move on to the Ocean Park to watch the dolphins and whales. And then there is still the Aviary to see… The Pyramid This is the center of Adventureland. Run out of film, need some postcards and stamps? For all these things and many more, visit our underground shopping center. Come here for information and ideas too. 64. The Travel Pavilion is built to help visitors _____. A. realize the importance of travelling B. become familiar with mountain countries C. learn how to make things such as fishing nets D. learn something about different places in the world 65. If you are interested in knowing about what people?s life will be, you may visit _____. A. the Travel Pavilion B. the Future Tower C. the Safari Park D. the Pyramid 66. If you want to get a toy lion to take home, where will you most likely go? A. The Pyramid. B. The Nature Park. C. The Future Tower. D.The Travel Pavilion. C Ireland has had a very difficult history. The problems started in the 16th century when English ruler tried to conquer Ireland. For hundreds of years, the Irish people fought against the English. Finally, in 1921, the British government was forced to give independence to the south of Ireland, resulting in that today there are two “Irelands”. Northern Ireland, in the north, is part of the United Kingdom. The Republic of Ireland, in the south, is an independent country. In the 1840s, the main crop, potatoes, was affected by disease and about 750,000 people
died of hunger. This, and a shortage (短缺) of work, forced many people to leave Ireland and live in the USA, the UK, Australia and Canada. As a result of these problems, the population fell from 8.2 million in 1841 to 6.6 million in 1851. For many years, most of the Irish people earned their living as farmers. Today, many people still work on the land but more and more people are moving to the cities to work in factories and offices. Life in the cities is very different from life in the countryside, where things move at a quieter and slower pace. The Irish are famous for being warm-hearted and friendly. Oscar Wilde, a famous Irish writer, once said that the Irish were “the greatest talkers since the Creeks”. Since independence ,Ireland has revived (复兴) its own culture of music, language, literature and singing. Different areas have different styles of old Irish songs which are sung without instruments. Other kinds of Irish music use many different instruments such as the violin, whistles, etc. 67. What does the author tell us in Paragraph 1? A. How the Irish fought against the English. . B. How Ireland gained independence. C. How English rulers tried to conquer Ireland. D. How two “Irelands” came into being. 68. We learn from the text that in Ireland _______. A. food shortages in the 1840s led to a decline in population B. people are moving to the cities for lack of work in the countryside C. it is harder to make a living as a farmer than as a factory worker D. different kinds of old Irish songs are all sung with instruments 69. The last paragraph is mainly about _______. A. the Irish character B. Irish culture C. Irish musical instruments D. a famous Irish writer 70. What can be the best title for the text ? A. Life in Ireland B. A Very Difficult History C. Ireland: Past and Present D. The Independence of Ireland 十、任务型阅读（共 10 小题，每小题 1 分，满分 10 分） 请认真阅读下列短文，并在文章后表格中的空格里填入一个最恰当的单词。每空一词。 Have you ever wondered why there are so many skin colors in the world? Do you know why people living in particular areas usually have a certain color? Biology and history are the two reasons for this. Skin contains something called melanin, which determines a person?s skin color. The more melanin a person has, the darker his or her skin will be. The amount of and the production of melanin are controlled by genetics（遗传学）, but can be affected by other things, such as sunlight. If a person lives in a place with strong sunlight, his or her skin will protect itself by producing more melanin, making the skin darker. In a place with less sunlight, a person?s body
will produce less melanin, making the skin lighter. Skin color is also affected by another source----vitamin D. Humans all need vitamin D to build bones. People can get it by eating foods such as fish and milk, or from sunlight, which causes vitamin production in the skin. Melanin protects skin by absorbing sunlight, so sunlight absorbed by melanin cannot be used for vitamin D production. Therefore, a dark-skinned person will produce less vitamin D than a light-skinned person when they received the same amount of sunlight. The connection between vitamin D production and skin color is clear when we look at evolution. The earliest humans lived in Africa, their dark skin covered with hair. When they moved to places that had less sunlight, their bodies produced less vitamin D because of their dark skin. As a result, their skin made less melanin, so they could get enough sunlight to produce vitamin D. Their skin gradually got lighter and they lost hair. Now, people living in areas with strong sunlight like Africa, have darker skin, while people living in other areas have lighter skin. The exception to this is the Inuit, who live in a place with little sunlight, but have dark skin because they eat a lot of fish and have enough vitamin D. Evolution has given us a rainbow of skin colors. Humans have always had melanin to determine our skin color. What has changed through history is the environment where we have lived. This has in turn changed our melanin production, and eventually, skin color.
A World of Skin Color
Brief 1 People living in a particular 2 usually have the same skin color and there are many different skin colors in the world. 3 in biology and
Reason for skin color The reasons for different skin colors mainly history. ? Biology reasons ?
The amount of melanin, by which a person?s skin color is 4 , varies from people to people. The more melanin a person has, the 5 his or her skin will be. Vitamin D is another source 6 skin color. Vitamin D is necessary for humans to build bones. Sunlight contributes to vitamin D in the skin. The earliest people in Africa had dark skin with hair covering it because the sunlight is very strong. When they moved to places where they could not get enough sunlight to 7 vitamin D, their skin color became lighter. Generally speaking, people in areas with strong sunlight, have darker skin 8 people in other areas have lighter skin.
? Historical reasons ? ?
9 二、课文填空 10% 三、单词拼写 10%
Melanin 10 an important role in our skin color. With our living environment changing, melanin production is changed, which leads to the changes in our skin color. 1. edge 2. struggle 3. possession 4. fright 5. local 6. wallet 7. savings 8. account 9. extremely 10. occurred 1. civilizations 2. buried 3. monument/ memorial 4. indicating 5. practical 6. material 7. vocabulary 8. distinguish 9. official 10. panicked
七、单项选择 20% 八、完形填空 20% 九、阅读理解 10%
1. held; still 2. That; pay back 3. contrary to 4. widespread use 5. distinction/ difference between 6. as it was 7. together/ along with; goes 8. queues; had enough 21-25 BACBC 26-30 DABCC 31-35 BDCAB 36-40 CCBCA 41-45 ACDDC 46-50 DAACB 51-55 DBDAB 56-60 DACBC 61-65 BCDDB 66-70 ADABC
copyright ©right 2010-2020。