The United Kingdom
Royal Greenwich Observatory
St Paul’s Cathedral
What is the full name of the UK? The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland. (大不列颠及北爱尔兰联合王国)
What do you know about UK? What is the capital of the UK?
Let’s do a quiz
1. How many countries does the UK consist of? C A. Two. B. Three. C. Four.
Northern Scotland Ireland
the United Kingdom England
2. How long does it take to fly from Beijing to London Heathrow Airport? B A. About six hours. B. About ten hours. C. About sixteen hours.
3. Who rules the country? B A. The Queen. B. The Prime Minister. C. Both.
4. What are the provinces called in England? A A. Counties. B. Departments. C. States.
5. Which is the longest river in England? B A. B.
The River Avon C.
The River Thames
The River Severn
6. Which is the national flag of the UK? A. B.
7. Which is the national flower of the UK? A. B.
8. Which is the national animal of the UK? A. B. B
Redbreast 知更鸟 Bald eagle秃鹰
Puzzles in geography
Task 1 Read the text quickly and fill in the form.
Contains ________, ______, England Wales Scotland and _______________. Northern Ireland
In the 13th Wales England ______ was linked to ________. Century England In the 17th ________ and Wales were Scotland Century joined to ________.
_________ Ireland broke away Southern and _________ Ireland joined Northern Some England with ________ ,Wales and time later ________. Thus _______ come the UK Scotland into being. largest the ______ of the four countries, England consists of the ______, Midlands South ________ and North of England _____
the greatest historical treasure of ________ London all, has _________, art collections _________, museums theatres, parks and ________. buildings
The four Anglo-Saxons the Romans, ____________, groups of Vikings _______ and Normans. invaders
1. Read the passage and complete the sentences using the words in the box. England Wales Scotland Northern Ireland Republic of Southern Ireland
1) The countries that make up Great Britain are England, Wales and Scotland
2） If we speak of England we mean England and Wales 3）The United Kingdom includes England, Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland
4）The part of Ireland that separated from England is called Republic of Southern Ireland 5）London is the capital city of England/Great Britain/the UK
Divide the passage into three parts Part 1: Paragraph 1, 2 and 3
How the United Kingdom came into being.
Part 2: Paragraph 4 The three zones of England Part 3: Paragraph 5 and 6
the cultural importance of London and invaders of England
copyright ©right 2010-2020。